Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

5th Avenue After Five Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

leather
5th Avenue After Five Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

After 5…the night is young, there is music in the background and the famous NY Avenue livens, the air is filled with electricity and romantic expectations, promising an evening full of passion, the party is just getting started…This feeling of gaiety, romantic mood and excitement was succefully bottled up in this new perfume by Olivier Gillotin in 2005.

Honeysuckle Coriander Plum Bergamot

Indian Lotus Jasmine Saffron Lily-of-the-Valley

Birch Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk

5th Avenue After Five Fragrance Reviews

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

I had the opportunity to try this tonight. I wish that I could get the same results as a lot who posted here but unfortunately Elizabeth Arden scents have never really worked for me. I try with other scents that I come across like this one just to see if maybe one could work for me, but alas, it is not to be.

This came across as hairspray on my skin and that is not the first time that has happened with Elizabeth Arden scents. Oh well, on to the next one!

poppyluv
poppyluv

Less is more. That is how I describe this classy, classic fragrance. Not every perfume has to be in-your-face and over the top. Quiet sophistication is just as effective. When I smell it I get an image of Audrey Hepburn in a little black dress, gorgeous black hat, a pearl necklace and a lit cigarette gazing wistfully through the window of Tiffany's. I shall say no more..that about covers it.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I like the smell of this. However, for me, it is too soft. The only way to smell it is to put your nose to skin. Why bother? I prefer bolder scents. It smelled powdery, floral to me.

fragrantme
fragrantme

I am not a fan of Elizabeth Arden fragrances. But Been wanting to try out 5th avenue for a long time, based on the reviews from this site. Well, last week tried out 5th Avenue, as well as After FIve.
After Five appealed to me more. In fact I can say this was one of the best I ever tried. The first half an hour was pure bliss , the richest, creamiest perfume ever. perfect blend of honeysuckle , plum with woody notes. But alas, it did not last more than 45 minutes , after that all I got was a faint whiff of little Tonka bean and some faded floral. That's the end of the story.
Aaah, the bottle looks so tacky....nothing remotely pretty about it.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Ellen Tracy/Ellen Tracy is one of my absolute favorites—my go-to fragrance, always comforting and appropriate. I love the long, drawn out sandalwood dry down especially. Based on this love, I was drawn to After 5, which is frequently compared to ET and also has sandalwood listed as a prominent note. I apologize in advance—this review will be a contrast between the 2, because I’m trapped in that mindset.

After 5 starts quite sweet, with a plummy floral note. After 5 is sweeter than ET, and somewhat more floral without the very robust (and somewhat artificial) plum note from ET. The initial sweetness quickly combines with a relatively faint, pale woodiness; it is a pleasant combination, and very unobtrusive—this would be a perfect perfume for work (no idea why it’s called After 5; that implies an evening scent). This woodiness is not really a distinct sandalwood, and it has an artificial quality like that generic smell of clothing in the mall. I much prefer the sandalwood in ET, which I find to be strong, round, mellow and soothing. The drydown for After 5 also doesn’t last nearly as long as ET; the sandalwood drydown of ET lasts for 6-8 hours on me, and lingers on clothing. After 5 has faded to only a vague woody skin scent after about 5 hours total.

If you liked ET, but maybe found it to be too strong or masculine or with too much sandalwood, or you wanted more sweetness, I think you would enjoy After 5. If you are like me, and love the strong sandalwood side of ET, then don’t bother. As it stands, After 5 is a simple, pleasant, sweet, light oriental-woody fragrance that would be appropriate for casual or work-related occasions; moderate sillage and good longevity.

EDIT: after wearing this all day, I will say the longevity is better than I thought. It is very gentle but persistent, staying with me until bed time as a soft, woody-floral note that was slightly artificial but still pleasant and soothing.

prrrfume1
prrrfume1

Smells like perfume. Reminds me of Estee Lauder's Beautiful, but less floral and "beautiful". Just perfume.

ginger68
ginger68

I used it a few years ago for a while. I found a cheap bottle yesterday and I decided to buy it. I still love it. Elegant, modern, spicy, well blended. It works very well on my skin. I like very much plum and saffron, just because plum is not too sweet and saffron is not too heavy. A beautiful fragrance for everyday use.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I bought this on a whim from a bargain bin not knowing any of the notes - the spray bottle itself smelled a bit like the original which I have had in the past and when sprayed on it was a bit bland but within 10 minutes and walking around the store it had evolved into a lovely musky powdery slightly spicy aroma and I decided to buy it. At first try I picked the notes out as hyacinth, lilly of the valley like the original, tonka, and a bit of saffron with a slightly white-chocolately melted wax type note not unlike Omnia. Looks like I was right about a few of those a bit surprised about the lotus and the plum but it is definitely a clean yet musky non-offensive scent that would work in an office/every day wear type setting. I liken it to others such as SJP's lovely, Estee Sensuous and Red Door velvet - easy to wear, non headache inducing, quietly sexy white floral and a bit musky but definitely not irritating to anyone as it really is a skin scent and worn close to the skin without any great sillage. Alot less sweet than the original which was overbearingly sweet on my chemistry. I will happily use this bargain up.

I have just realised a similarity between this and an old perfume I used to have called versace 'Baby Rose Jeans' it has a similar powdery rosy sandalwood powdery base but is not as sweet.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this was a blind buy for $12.99(for huge bottle). Unlike other reviewers I don't find it spicy at the slightest. Its very light, citrusy floral that is rather dry(as someone else have noted)...I could barely smell it and I sprayed it all over myself. I find it that on me it turnes into a skin scent immediately. I will still use it up but in my opinion, it needs to be layered with other scents to really give it extra something...its just too bland otherwise

theufw
theufw

I got a 30ml bottle of this and it really isnt like 5th avenue. While I loved 5th avenue enough to call it my signature scent, after 5 doesnt seem to cut it. It just doesnt smell good on me. The opening notes smell spicy. Eight hours later its still there and the base notes just arent coming out on my skin. I dislike really spicy notes and the review doesnt exactly mention it when I blind bought it. It doesnt really matter though. I can jusr stick to 5th avenue. I just kind of thought it nice to try others down the line thats all

Not working for me, very lemony, clean, almost like wood polish to my nose, it can be found real cheap, not a surprise really!!?? It is very American smelling to me, lost from the 80 ties, I just didnt take to it at all. Not that it is oldish, it isn't modern. Or sexy. Or feminine. Kind of a cold scent really.

ageless
ageless

Always try before you buy this perfume. It feels very plain to some people, but when it works, oh! it is an irresistible, elegant, complex, long lasting, great sillage miracle! I would say it may be suitable for any age too.

I found this perfume while being pregnant, and it was a perfect match for me, it even became my signature perfume at that time! I thought it was a love for life, so I bough an extra bottle, but after giving birth the charm of it was gone! Gone completely! I still feel the passion to itm but cannot use it anymore and even dislike it.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I sprayed this perfume while I was in the store. Then I went to a different store and completely forgot about it, as I was standing in line I could't help but think OMG I can't believe the lady in front of me smells like the most repulsing air freshener, doesn't she realize how terrible the smell is? I couldn't wait to check out and get da hell out of there, as I was walking out the stink kept following me and I was like WOW this stinks all the way over here! As I sat in my car I realized that the smell was coming from me, right there I almost fainted. When I came to my senses I was quite fast to drive home speeding just so I can shower off the cat's pee out of my body. Wow what an experience!

CozyCat
CozyCat

A dry sort of clean scent. Abit cold. But very sophisticated. I get the wood notes especially birch, also saffron, white musk and a hint of plum. Not a fan of the opening, but it gets better and better as it dries down, I just love the combination of dry woods and white musk. Aloof and minimalist, yet I also find it comforting and quietly sensual. Like someone else has already mentioned, indeed the scent brings to mind shopping malls, new clothes, new bags! And also the scent of a woman's clean body after toweling off post-shower, hair still damp. And crisp white sheets in 5-star hotel rooms. I appreciate the dry, almost astringent nature of this scent (it even parched my throat when I had my nose attached to my wrist for 2 whole minutes), but just a tad bit more floral sweetness or a pinch of amber would have toned down that astringent note and made it absolutely perfect. It does smell expensive. But it's also very easy to wear, and versatile enough for all year round. A cool, discrete beauty indeed. An ageless sort of scent, neither young nor mature. Something to reach for when you need something more subdued. Perfect for the office or daytime, and I loved using up my sample just to lounge around the house in my bath-robe after a nice long shower. I could even fall asleep with it, it's so calming. I'd love to buy it, but I have enough perfumes for now, next year perhaps. Staying power is good, sillage is light but noticeable, price is great. Oh, and do not buy blind! There will be many out there who will not appreciate certain aspects of this scent, maybe find it too simple or too clean, too sharp, etc, so test first.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

Bought this fragrance as it was on offer. Awful is the only word to describe this perfume. Smells very synthetic and very cheap. It may smell good on others but not on me. I found the musk overpowering and lingered for over 12 hours on my skin.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I like this; I don't love it. Very nice. This is a soft, warm and woodsy fragrance. I can see wearing this when hanging around at home doing nothing much, or when visiting people, running errands, etc. I would wear it to my children's school or on a field trip, when you are with a lot of people and don't want to be wild. Not overtly sexy, but more like a comforting or sensual scent. Kind of nice!

IamWoman
IamWoman

After Five is not a glamour fragrance. It is a rather soft, creamy, wood/musk fragrance. I definitely get the sandalwood note.The fragrance is well-blended and not over-the-top. It's not what I would consider "sexy", but it is pleasant and relaxing, if not elegant in its own subdued way. Its sensuality is definitely understated. I am pleasantly surprised by it, and find a very "cozy", if not "serene" element to it. I sprayed it 8 hours ago, and still get wafts of it in the air around me. It's warm and light, like a favorite sweater. I definitely like this as an everyday scent, or one to choose for an informal outing.

saranafia
saranafia

i have decided to present it to someone else. coz I m very dissapointed to buy this one. Buying after five was just waste of money.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This smells like a department store? YUM! New clothes? If there is ANYthing in this world that can compare to perfume, it's new clothes! Clothes and perfume, this must be a heavenly perfume. Now....just now, is the first time I've ever wanted to try this.

Trinidella

I read the reviews. I have this fragrance in my collection over five years and its down to half bottle. I sort of forgot how it smelt. Soooo I ran for it and sprayed it on.....and re-read some of the comments, analysing the scent with each post. I agree with it not being in your face, but also not young either. It is not a "stand-out" scent. However its beautifully serene. I like it actually.

Hollie
Hollie

Had this and returned. It was extremely generic and non-descript smelling to my nose. It smelled weak and watered down as well. Sadly, none of the notes really stood out to me....just lightly sweet,clean and faintly musky. Lasted only ten minutes on my skin until fading into oblivion. I really like 5th Avenue Nights.....to me it has more character, strenth and longevity. I believe someone mentioned that After Five smelled like a department store...and yeah....kind of does in that generic-smell-nice kind of way that a department store has with all the new clothes, millions of perfumes and air conditioning. Not memorable.

greengrl
greengrl

I was very surprised when I first smelled this. I found it for such a great price that I didn't think twice about this blind buy. I was expecting a heavier sent due to its name but I was wrong. This is such a light and beautiful scent. The sandlewood softens the musk and makes for a casual, feminine fragrance. There is something about this that reminds me of Ellen Tracy, not quite identical but very similar.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Blind-buy and I am not well pleased. After spraying it, the ist 10-15 minutes is trully bad but after that it smells pleasant and clean like brand new clothes. You just have to get past the ist 10-15minutes of awfulness.

:'(

Kyi
Kyi

This was a blind purchase from the local Ross, it was quite a bargain so I decided to try it. Before I got this, I had read the reviews on it so in my mind, I thought I knew what it might smell like. When I actually tried it, it smelled nothing like I had expected. To me personally, it smells lemony and quite powdery. It's pleasant, but I don't really picture someone young wearing it. I picture a wealthy and stylish grandma? Maybe it's not THAT old but it doesn't feel young to me. That isn't really a bad thing, but I had expected something a little sweeter. It kind of reminds me of the scent you smell when you walk into a department store at the mall from outside, and you push through the heavy door and you're greeted with a strong blast of A/C plus the various perfumes around you. It has a clean, pleasant, calm smell that isn't in your face, but also... very powdery. If you like powder and a little clean zest, and something kinda classy, and you find this for a good price, you should try it. Otherwise, if you want something sweet or more sensual/party, this is not for you.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Elizabeth Ardens scents are getting plentiful in my wardrobe. I find that I like most of them and that they are very well made.

After finding and loving "5th Avenue" (the original) I didn't quite know what to expect from this 'flanker'. The original is quite heavy yet oh so lovely. Calling this one "5th Avenue After Five" gave me the impression it would be a heavier and even more deeper scent since it is intended for after work. How wrongly they named it! And how wrongly did I expect a clone of 5th Avenue! For this one is nothing like it!

After Five is a super-pretty-expensive-smelling-soapy-clean-slightly-lemony-almost-aquatic-super-fresh-scent-with-wood-notes. So very different from 5th Avenue!

Plum with honeysuckle on a bed of (lots) of bergamot. Birch and sandalwood notes embracing the entire scent evolvement to the dry down. It's classy, clean and super fresh. After Five is perfect for many all round occasions: office, home, gym, leisure and summer. To me however it's not 'naughty' enough to be an (After Five) evening scent; but that is a personal preference and in no way a reflection on the fact that I can see people wearing this as an evening scent.

It's a truly unusual all-rounder that is very well made. And I agree with the statements below that the name is misleading since one can hardly call this a 'flanker'. And that it should've been released under its own 'identity'. So if you expect what I expected. Sample it first! It is quite different from 5th Avenue! But very much worth discovering in its own right.

Silage is: "super-clean-pretty-soapy-aura-of-freshness" -- Longevity is: "all day long".

amelie
amelie

I have contradictory opinions about this one, no way I can decide whether I like it or not.
A warm, soft and clean fragrance, at times becomes heavy, I think it would be difficult to wear in hot weather. Incredibly attractive at first, but I just can not cope with it, think it might be tonka bean or musk that bothers me. I was attracted to the plum, like the composition, but the dry-down is just weird,I believe that many like it though.

1melany
1melany

Best blind purchase I ever did. Clean, woodsy, creamy fragrance, LOVE IT!!!

Trinidella

Both Fifth Ave & Fifth Ave After Five impresses. It is long lasting. It is a classic and it wears beautifully in the tropics. It is one of my "feel good" scents.

Beatriz2222
Beatriz2222

I just got this today and I can say that I love this soooo much since first sniff !!!
I was a little bit afraid about this because it has been a blind purchase but I have readed some opinions from here and some of them weren´t good reviews but some others were. The good ones matched exactly with what I was looking for in a perfume so I bought it.

"5th Avenue After Five" is sooo sexy and elegant, I just love it and I really recommend it if you are a sexy and elegant woman, you won´t regret this product ;)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I definitely agree with this being elegant. I was expecting a less formal juice for a lazy afternoon after a hard day at work, nevertheless, I am not disappointed as the fragrance possesses some of my favourite notes and has the ability to alleviate the working day tension.
It is hard to say if it is creamy or powdery; I would put it somewhere in between.
My skin makes plum sandalwood, honeysuckle, corriander and jasmine the most prominent and most detectable notes; they are mixed in perfect proportions without one note overpowering the rest.
After Five is a great fragrance; multifunctional (suits any ocassion), discrete, yet lingering nicely for a good 5 hours.
Feminine and clean. Perfect choice if you're unsure what to wear on the day, but it is not to say it is boring. I find it quite appealing to see this fragrance is perfectly capable to fit my clothing whichever I might put on, rather than watching myself try hard to make my clothes fit the fragrance I am wearing.
Another quality gem from Arden.
Affordable, yet well made.

vicka16
vicka16

I like both Fifth Avenue and After Five. I find After Five to be a very subtle, delicat, soft, creamy fragrance. Great for an early and late afternoon. If I have to weat this fragrance after five, it will be for an 5 to 7 ;) or for a dinner with my girlfriends. I find it to be more "comfort" and casual fragrance than romantic or for a night out.
Unfortunatelly, the silage and the lasting power are very poor. After 4 sprays (two of them on hair) and three hours later the scent was completely gone.

lyalius
lyalius

Too strong for me, went to the bath and after bath I still could feel it!

icekat
icekat

After 5 is an elegant, clean and pleasant scent. I would not call it sensual or fun scent that I want to put on for a night out but I could see this as a nice daily perfume. The floral bouquet is pleasant, polite and interesting enough not to bore me during the day.

At first I smell a nice fresh bergamot note mixed with a slightly sweet plum. There is also a nice pinch of pepper. But very soon the scent develops into strong floral bouquet with predominant lily of the valley. I have to admit that I love lily of the valley and it is decent here but it is not my favorite as the composition is a bit too sharp and crisp for my tastes. I prefer more delicate lily of the valley. Still, it is a nice clear and clean floral that exudes elegance and class. The floral bouquet lasts for at least 4 hours on my skin finally transforming into a very light and woody musk. I do not find the dry down to be particular interesting.

Overall score is 7/10. Elegant and pleasant daily floral but I will not repurchase it once my bottle is done.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I have owned this one for quite a while yet the 125ml bottle is almost full. Not that I don't like it: it is scrumtious. I delight in gourmand fragrances but this one, I am rediscovering all over this morning as I sip a tea in the comfy warmth of my home while winds howl outside (-15 degrees here now). This is another beautiful creation by E.A. Though it does remind me of the original 5th avenue, this one is not a 'come out and play' scent. It is bolder, still as fresh yet more mature. It has a vintage-y quality I cannot define. It starts off whith what seems like a burst of ruby-red grapefruit (not listed here), bergamot and lily of the valley which rules throughout. Fresh and clean come to mind but not in a 'Clean Provence' kind of way. It is richer and more potent, a floral juice which bewitches the senses without drowning them. A fresh plum note gives off a deliciously fruity whiff here and there, making it less serious and more sweetly sophisticated. To me, it smells like pure class: it is light, not overdone but falls upon you like a sophisticated -scented silk scarf. Tingly sandalwood is predominant giving it a smooth, seductive depth which is slightly mossy , yet airy with the watery notes of lotus. Sillage is not so great and longevity is rather poor on me but for the price , this gem is worth every drop. I shall use it more often, probably on cold and drab days like this when I need a bit of Oomphy comfort! xxx

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I like it, but don't love it. It is a great fragrance for during the day and is quite light. For a fragrance that is named 'After Five', it needs to pack more of a sensual punch.

beatrix75

yap become my signature frag !!!it is the moste feminine beauthiful fresh and elegant smell ever beside the 5 aveny wich i adore tooo!!!!

Roma27
Roma27

After five is rather pleasant & a very wearable perfume. I never thought that I would take a better liking to this than the original. So there you have it, I definitely think it's way better on my skin than the original which can be a tad too strong at times. I think the muskiness softens it & I enjoy that it's not overdone in anyway. I love that it can be refined & delicate for everyday & special occasions. Can become a go to scent, it is definitely a very comfortable wear. Maybe a repurchase, mmmmmmm?

Erika Cserepes
Erika Cserepes

I love it, it smells really good on me. For me it's a fresh scent. It is long lasting and the price is good. I will buy it again.

beatrix75

today i tested and i have to admit that its a very sophisticated smell!!elegant nice all day wear

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

There is something about the mix of plum and coriander that makes the top notes super spicy. The startup makes me sneeze! I overdid it the first time I wore this and folks around me asked "which one is that!" implying "don't wear it again" :)

Settles into sandal which is okay. I have a bottle of 125 ml - will probably donate it!

rupz_78
rupz_78

I am undecided about this one. It comes across as quite strong but I like how it settles. The first time I wore it, I sprayed on my clothes and it stayed put there forever. I think I should try this some more.

donna77

i had to go back to this one. after two years from purchasing the giant bottle and avoiding it constantly because the top notes were killing me softly i decided to give it one more try.

what a pleasant surprise.i can`t believe it`s the same perfume i judged so wrong. it`s fresh and elegant and i feel like smelling myself continually.i`m amazed, really.

gracious
gracious

I like it very much, but I prefer 5th Avenue. It is more elegant

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

Fresh floral femininity
I don't know why it's called After Five, it could easily be worn during the early hours of the day.

gem5656
gem5656

This perfume smells so good and promises a very sophisticated, sweet-ish floral and I was very excited when I first sprayed it. Much to my disappointment, its sillage is less than 1 hour on me! :( I do use it, sometimes, as my bedtime fragrance...when I pull the covers up around my neck, the smell is divine!! I am quite intrigued by EA perfumes....& I plan to try more of them in the future...this would be a winner, for me, if the sillage was there! Better luck with other...I hope! :)

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have used this for some time now and it reminds me of crystal noir by versace. I know most people will think I am on another planet but I have crystal noir and every time I spray either 5th avenue after five or crystal noir they remind me of each other. I can smell coconut but it is fresh and not too sweet. It does not dry as soapy as the regular 5th avenue but I like both of them as they are different in their own way. I do not think they smell cheap but sophisticated.

twillocks
twillocks

I my not a big fan of this although I did wear it for a while. Seems a bit like citrus.

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

Gosh I love this perfume. It just oozes with grace and elegance. I love the dash of coriander, it adds a very aromatic and intriguing layer to the scent.I can also the smell the jasmine, and the saffron is like a violin gently playing in the background. It's a pure scent, very warm, woody and stimulating.

Faith17
Faith17

I love this one! It's musky and plummy! If you lika a scent of plum you will like this perfume. It has no resemblance to original 5th Ave. This one is so much softer and way more pleasant!

Smells like white musk or moschino couture. I like it and will wear it but it really is just light musk on the drydown.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I had an instant negative reaction to this fragrance upon application, and that's quite rare for me. I was patient though, and didn't scrub...yet. I waited a few minutes to see how it would develop and it got worse by the minute.

Why so bad? Well, I smelled like I had bathed in a bottle of laundry detergent! Very chemical, very soapy, and very astringent. The floral notes seem to make it even worse...like a really strong fabric softener that crawls up your nose and makes you sneeze.

This did not sit well with me at all...in fact, it gave me a headache. I washed it off after half an hour.

andrevarx
andrevarx

The EDP is the best for office use, very professional and can even work perfect for casual outings after work. I think for young women.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

There's something about Fifth Avenue After Five that I really didn't like at all and I couldn't wait to wash it off my skin. I like 5th Avenue, which is totally different to and much better than Fifth Avenue After Five. I think they smell like entirely different perfumes so anyone who likes Fifth Avenue and who might understandably expect this one to smell very similar may be greatly disappointed!

Fifth Avenue After Five gets a very big thumbs down from me.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Soapy clean, softly, softly. A warm musky scent, a little "thin" (lotus), slightly stripping (birch & bergamot) with a metallic note (saffron) that can leave a little synthetic trace on the skin....although this is never unpleasant.

Would be suitable for polite office-wear as it stays close to the skin & ends in a wonderful woodsy blend (the best bit).

Perfectly pleasant, great value, but a little quiet for my tastes.

guest_Firea
guest_Firea

I actually quite like this perfume. I expected something similar to 5th Avenue but this one smells absolutely different. It starts out very fresh but turns into a slightly spicy and warm yet dry flowery-woodsy scent. I find it on my skin rather similar to Moschino's original Cheap&Chic, as both are unique, feminine and somewhat dark. Only it would have been better not to design it as a flanker of original 5th Avenue.

donna77

i don`t like the top notes too much but i really love its middle and base notes and how it dries on my skin. if you can survive the first ten minutes you will like the rest of it.

rithacha
rithacha

I bought the gigantic 4.2 oz for a song, only to discover that however much I wished to like it, I just couldn't. Such a lovely bottle, but I found myself itching to use it as room freshener just to finish it . . . swapped it away before I could succumb to the temptation.

After Five opens with a bunch of squeaky fruits. The overall impression made me think of grapefruit. Not at all sweet, rather serious and somber explosion of chemical fruits cushioned by insipid florals. The florals smelled watery and insubstantial to me, creating an aquatic impression (lotus?) when I would have preferred a more assertive bouquet (I'm a floral girl). The base was not very well fixed, since the lasting power was quite dismal (3 hours upon a liberal application). There was very little substance to the base, emtirely white musk when the florals fade away.

Whenever I wore After Five, I felt uncomfortable and timid. The fragrance is just so wishy-washy and insecure that it reflected in my behavior. In the same way Coco Chanel makes me feel strong, After Five made me feel weak. Its there-but-barely-there and unwillingness to commit to one direction or the other put me constantly off balance. It had such feeble personality that it really sucked the vitality out of my day. The powderiness and chemicals just didn't sit right with me, I suppose.

As a note, Marc Jacobs Daisy is a little bit similar, but less powdery and with more clearly defined personality. I'd recommend looking into it if you like After Five.

asmahtp
asmahtp

So may be I am the only one love both Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue smell more rich and elegant more suitable for office wear. After Five has fresh smell, unoffensive and easy to wear. It's cheap, nice, fresh, easy to find...so what else...go get one for you!

moonwalker
moonwalker

Why is this perfume so cheap is beyond me but I am not complaining.
This is one of the perfumes that doesn´t make any big statement but anyway it smells great and I think it is the perfect everyday office scent. It leaves a trail but it is not owerpovering.
I can detect bergamon, honeysuckle and lotus. It´s a bit too much at the begining but it quickly settles. I haven´t smelled all Elizabeth Arden´s perfumes but from what I have smelled I think this is the best.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I got a 4.2 oz online for like $17 and some change and I really like the bottle it is soooo pretty but the scent will take some getting used to I can't even describe it really it is strange kind of like soap and incense just not what I expected but I will wear it.

AmberLove
AmberLove

I find this one fresh, clean classic, I expected this one a little different...though it is very nice but its a bit too simple for me, I bought this after reading some of the reviews here and I am still not disappointed. I would place this in a category of scents "if you dont know what to wear, wear this one". Its good for day and evenings.

tangledvines
tangledvines

I really, really like this scent. It's light, sensual and clean smelling. It's a little powdery, creamy and slightly woody. On my skin it even smells a little nutty. Unique and lovely. I purchased this untested because the price was fantastic, and I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Turns out it was a smart buy! I picked a winner. :)

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

It is elegant, could suit a natural beauty or a well made up lady. Natural being a good word for this. It is warm and inviting with mute woods, light airy and almost creamy tonka and sandlewood, Can maybe smell saffron and coriander. Really everything is so well blended that After five stands alone. Tried many perfumes in this group but none like this one. It is not spicy borders on powdery but is to well blended for that just enough sweet notes to keep it from being bitter yet it is far from being sweet. Just perfect and warm. Am happy I got this in time for fall but will probably wear on occasion all year long.

very rare smell and smell like Cinema Festival d`Ete but stronger anyway I love this scent ,I dont know why !

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

It is actually a pity that they chose the 5th avenue brandname to sell this one.Hidden behind that I-know-what-to-expect-name there is a serious surprise.
Elegant,dry and tingling.The honeysuckle and the indian lotus are beautifully combined with the bergamot,the saffron makes you blush and the lovely woodsy ending goes on simply forever.Persistent yet not heavy at all.

Helene
Helene

Interesting smell, wears good

elaida_00
elaida_00

it` so nice:)i love it now. i must admit that at the beginng i had to compare it with Fifth avenue..but i chose this one i like the smell that lasts on my skin i believe it`s nice for coldish days but i just like it

fwyse
fwyse

I love it. It has a nice clean smell that you can wear day or night.

Chelsea
Chelsea

omg. i bought this in perth and i absolutely love this! smells so clean fresh n natural.

liat
liat

Very nice and elegant, but not as good ah Fifth Avenue.

5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden 3.31 out of 5 based on 276 ratings and 70 user reviews

5th Avenue after Five by Elizabeth Arden for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz
5th Avenue after Five by Elizabeth Arden for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden - 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden - 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden - 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
5th Avenue after Five by Elizabeth Arden for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
5th Avenue after Five by Elizabeth Arden for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
5th Avenue after Five by Elizabeth Arden for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 4.2 oz
5th Avenue after Five by Elizabeth Arden for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 4.2 oz
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden - 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
5th Avenue After Five Perfume by Elizabeth Arden - 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue After Five, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 5th Avenue After Five by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.