Designers » D E » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Daytona 500 Elizabeth Arden for men

Daytona 500 Elizabeth Arden for men
dislike

herbal

Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Daytona 500 was launched in 2006. Top notes are mandarin orange, yuzu and bergamot; middle notes are tarragon and sage; base notes are nutmeg, sandalwood, amber and cardamom.

Mandarin Orange Yuzu Bergamot

Tarragon Sage

Nutmeg Sandalwood Amber Cardamom

Daytona 500 Fragrance Reviews

phillip.jones.71868
phillip.jones.71868

A very surprising fragrance. Honestly when I bought it I did so as a joke; however, it is not bad.

It starts with a bit too much of cheap, rough alcohol, but the pleasant citrus notes quickly overpower the alcohol. This transitions into an artificial herb scent and ends in a rather pleasant amber, nutmeg and sandalwood.

Don't get me wrong it's cheap but in a strange way doesn't really smell like a cheap cologne.

It is masculine and not terribly complex, but, somehow it works.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A light, summery aroma which does not last very long...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -5 secs. Citrus with flash of amber

5 secs - 30 mins - 3 inch projection. Generic citrus which is light with no clear notes standing out. It is very easy to wear and could be used for sport. Ages 18 - 25

30 mins - 2 hours- Close to skin. Smells like white pepper (not listed) on the skin.

This has the lowest projection and longevity of any fragrance I have come across

Blind buy for £2 for 30ML

Will use by the Swimming pool

Not for me

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

I bought this blind for a very low price and so my expectations of it weren't very high. Upon application though I was surprised to find that it was a very light, pleasant and citrusy fragrance. I do find it very simple and linear though and it's certainly nothing that'll 'blow your socks off'. All in all a decent, inexpensive day to day fragrance that's worth giving a shot.

jovejove
jovejove

We had this on clearance for .75 cents for the 100ml/3.4oz bottle. Arden is messing up the market with fragrances and making wearing them less special I think. This fragrance smells cheap and as a result costs next to nothing.

My current favorite. Brought two 3.4oz bottles. It is a woody citrus smell. Similar to Banana Republic Cordovan. Fresh four seasons fragrance. Perfect daily wear smell in my opinion, but I wear it during the summer and fall and preferably day-time. Inexpensive, and I felt that I got my money worth when compared to Cordovan, by Banana Republic. Plus, it is not pump-up in the mainstream media like others so it will be a rare case if someone have the same smell like you.

giogu_mihai
giogu_mihai

Smells like Mediterraneo by Antonio Banderas . The bergamont it's the predominant note in this fragrance.

I also assumed this would have a racetrack type smell, or be overpoweringly masculine and "racy". I was quite surprised to see it was a citrus aromatic; and after smelling it, shocked at how nice it was...

I love a bright citrus scent, and this has a lovely mix of citruses: mandarin (juicy-sweet), yuzu (fresh-sparkly) and Bergamot (bitter and bright) resulting in a very revitalising opening. Truly citrusy, just like after peeling them and their scent is all in the air, this is quite uplifting and zesty. The simple heart is just a dry green accenting a nice lavender (floral, woody, soapy). It does the opening justice though, and resmbles the classic splash eau de colognes. The drydown is spicy smooth and warm from the amber, with dry sandal adding a tinge of clean richness bordering on sexy. No must-have, but definitely nice to own.

Sillage: pretty good
Longevity: average
Overall: 3.75/5

I am glad Nattonline recommended this to me. I ended up getting the three piece 100 ml giftset with EDT, full size body wash and shave balm for $12.00 at BigLots, after mistakenly buying the after shave splash in the 50 ml bottle first. It now lives with my brother-in-law, as it was just not strong enough. The EDT is much better; and, if you want a nice after shave: go with the balm, it is better and more scented than the splash is, by far! The EA quality is apparent here, and despite pretty common notes it is very nice...

Only got to smell it from the cap. Don't expect a rubber/leather scent here as the name might suggest something like smoking tires and burning fuel. It's actually a very fresh citrus and sweet orangey scent; a very common scent in this group, but perfect for being outdoor or a hot day during Daytona 500. I can't see anybody hates it. Safe for men from all ages, preferably younger crowd and probably safe as a gift as well.

guest_ryguy
guest_ryguy

if your looking for an inexpensive cologne, that is good for every day use, i would suggest this.. if you like swisss army, then you would probably like this.. very similar..

guest_lexx_n
guest_lexx_n

It's a very refreshing fragance because of citrics notes, then it turn into some very common wood fragance, nothing soo special, but perfect for daytime and summer days as well.

Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden 3.80 out of 5 based on 25 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Daytona 500 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Daytona 500, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Daytona 500 by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.