Designers » D E » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women

Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Mediterranean Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women. Mediterranean was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Claude Dir. Top notes are sicilian mandarin, plum and peach; middle notes are magnolia, orchid and wisteria; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk.

Sicilian Mandarin Plum Peach

Magnolia Orchid Wisteria

Sandalwood Amber Musk

Tommy Bahama Very Cool
Mediterranean Breeze

Mediterranean Fragrance Reviews

nadia.pete1428
nadia.pete1428

I just received EA Mediterranean in mail. It smells light & yummy. It's good for summer scent. I like it a lot.

Tesister
Tesister

My mother gave it to me for my birthday. I can wear it though its a boring scent to wear..nothing excited me about it...or attracts me.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

If there is anything Mediterranean in this perfume, it's the colour of the bottle and the name. The rest is heavy and cloying, probably because of the plum which is rather a Baltic and not Mediterranean area fruit. I expected something light, aquatic, ozonic, sunny and simply fresh - as is the air on the Mediterranean sea - and this is really heavy stuff. I'll try again and again, but so far it's been rather disappointing. Maybe under a different name it would be more appealing? I feel as if somebody confused juices and bottles with names, but with what?! This I haven't figured out yet:(

Bublegum
Bublegum

I think this is one of the best Elizabeth Arden's fragrances I have smelled (well maybe I don't have a very typical taste since my favorite of her is Sunflowers but whatever). But, for me both the name and the colour of the bottle were kind of misleading. I was expecting for a lighter perfume (kind of like Light Blue or Cool Water). Maybe the blue is misleading after all. No, Mediterranean is not a light perfume and to be honest, I don't see me wearing it on a spring or summer morning. It fits better for evening and even a fall morning. And I don't perceive it as an aquatic fragrance. I can get why some people in the reviews said that they got headaches. It is kind of an overwhelming fragrance. The combination of musk, wisteria and plum is very spot-on.

pixiewinks
pixiewinks

One of my favorites. Takes me somewhere beachy and breezy. Light, aquatic, floral, has soft heart notes. A no brainer as an every day wear perfume because it's light and non-offensive.
scent: 9
packaging : 8

Soie
Soie

This is as classified a floral-wood-musky scent which, to my nose, is not a fragrance marine fragrance (there is no marine accord here) but rather a musky aqueous scent more like the warm Mediterranean rather than the cold and brisk Atlantic. If this were a scented shower gel, I could see it having a name like "Warm Spring Rain" or "Morning Dew", but never anything like "Ocean Surf" or "Coastal Waters".

It might be a bit musky for very hot weather, but makes a nice acquatic scent for breezy Spring days.

cmlee22
cmlee22

Got a sample and love it! Smells very fresh and sweet. Exactly like the name Mediterranean.

Yosa
Yosa

I received a bottle of Mediterranean from my mom, who'd bought it as a blind buy.

The bottle and the package are beautiful - they truly reflect Mediterranean!

But that's where the positives end for me.

The fragrance makes me sneeze. Not sure what it is exactly, but there's something in it that puts me on a sneezing frenzy.

The scent itself is good quality, but I feel it's not a very young scent. Without meaning to classify, it's not for girls or young women in my opinion. It's for more mature women, I'd say 50 and up? (Not that fragrances should have an age limit!)

Mediterranean is definitely a summer fragrance, something that doesn't demand a special occasion. It's an easy going fragrance.

The smell itself is slightly difficult to describe. There is a dominating note in it, which could be Wisteria? Other than that I don't detect any mandarin in it, nor other individual notes. It's all floral, in a breezy way.

Regardless of my not-so-excited review of Mediterranean, it's not a bad fragrance! It just didn't work for me, but surely it can be really good for someone else!

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

What a beautiful bottle- so pretty my favourite colour turquoise and the scent inside is just wonderful I adore it . Honestly it's sweet, pretty, fresh aquatic. Just before I sprayed it - I closed my eyes and imagined the Aegean Village I visited on a Greek Island I went to years ago and hoped the perfume would match what my idea of the Meditteranean would be. They have done a brilliant job, It does remind me of blue skies, blue seas and holiday, summer fun. I do not find this scent overly musky I smell sweet pretty florals and aquatic freshness. I really was surprised and happy with this lovely perfume. Will always buy- smells good and long lasting.
Water, Air, blue seas,fresh, clean, sweet, luxurious... I just looooove it.

Sashira
Sashira

I bought this without smelling it first, expecting something vaguely aquatic and citrusy, and that was a mistake. It is a rather over-powering scent, very powdery and sweetly floral. Seems to last a good while, which for me is a drawback because it gives me a bit of a headache after awhile, it's a little cloying. My mother and grandmother seem to like it though, so I don't think it's a bad scent, the name Mediterranean may just be misleading.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I love this stuff! The florals stand out way more than the citrus does. It has great lasting power and smells heavenly with great projection as well. Does turn a bit powdery, but it seems to enhance the smell of the plum and wisteria. I had been going back and forth for months on whether or not to blind buy this, and I am so happy I did!!!

polkadot27
polkadot27

This is a sweet/citrus musky scent that starts off strong and rather sharp and becomes powdery. Even when it becomes powdery it's still very strong though, people always ask what I'm wearing, even after 6 hours of spraying it. The lasting power of this one is brilliant. If you like musk and you like powdery scents- this will be ideal for you. The whole Mediterranean name, hmm yeah, i don't understand why it was named that it, it isn't aquatic or marine or ozonic in the slightest. Maybe it's named this because it has a dry sandy hazy feel to it-who knows.

Sweelty
Sweelty

To me it smells like Juicy Couture La La

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

This was a half-blind buy... I had tested it before, long ago, *then* bought, years later, unsniffed, based on reviews on (ahem) another site. The years-ago sniff, I remember being aquatic, yes, but also juicy, and possessing that elusive "fresh air" quality I crave. This time, though... I got a solid, thick, spicy wall of very masculine, sandalwood-laden men's deodorant. I let it "dry down". I repeated again, for days and days... the result was always the same. So sad, that an Aquarian girl would find herself so often at odds with "aquatic" fragrances. (Aquarius is an air sign... hence the obsession with "fresh air" scents? Is there such a thing?)

beatrix75
beatrix75

it is a super nice summer frag but actualy its for anycase almoust you can wear like signature scent too ! Its creamy fruit flower smell after the first big opening become gorgeous creamy apricot plum levendel and mosk smelling frag i like a lot sophisicated good quality good price

angelair
angelair

Kinda disappointed at this one. I was so excited to get this one because of the composition but sadly when first sprayed on my skin it smelled a bit like an old gym bag. Then the scent almost totally dissipates to nothing. I guess that's better than staying with the first scent though.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

This is a really great summer scent. It's light yet there is a kick to it that continues to gently tickle your nose from time to time. I sprayed a few hours ago and can still smell strongly on my arm. I got this for a song and I really am happy to have purchased it. I will be wearing it in the spring/summer to replace some of my heavier winter time scents. It's floral but as the other poster mentioned there seems to be a gentle musk kick which I love as I dislike straight up florals. Anyhow I would highly suggest this number for the upcoming summer months. I would call this a very safe bet - non intrusive, subtle yet sexy.

odie
odie

Wow, I read so many reviews about a 'floral' overtone but to me this is so spicy/musky with a fruity twist on my sister. She owns one and when I smell it on her its so warm spicy, just like a Mediterranean breeze, perfume has so much to do with body chemistry!!!!! Its a unique fragrance from the perfume wardrobe of Elizabeth Arden.

Pooja37
Pooja37

Just got my bottle a few hours ago and it is a wonderful floral - light but distinctive. While the blue bottle really is gorgeous, the fragrance that wafts up to my nose is distinctly purple, for some reason!

Perhaps it is the wisteria because I can't really smell the plum or the mandarin for that matter. What I get is the lovely delicate haze of summer blooms.

Personally I don't see much resemblance to davidoff's cool water, as mentioned by other reviewers but that's probably my skin chemistry or the weather (It is about 24 degrees celsius over here.)

If you like the smell of wisteria you will enjoy this. This is the first perfume in my collection with a strong wisteria note and I am happy to welcome this beauty in to my collection.

Update: A friend of mine came over and applied this liberally like a cologne and that resulted in her making a dash to the powder room to scrub it off. I have to admit that it was cloying and smelt terrible on her. Made me realize that this is quite strong and I thanked my lucky stars that I use a gentle hand while applying most perfumes. Applying this very lightly on one or two pulse points will leave you smiling and smelling good for hours!

Tine1world
Tine1world

Elizabth Arden's 'Mediterrean' Is like a fresh Mediterrean breeze, soft and aquatic with a hint of fruity blossoms. Perfect for the Australian summer. I find the bottle awkward as so the packaging and the cap a little complicated especially without my glassies on. But it is lovely to look at. It's ually about 20 Aussie smacka's a 100 mill bottle here. EDP., it is also very different to Elizabeth Arden's other fragrances.

I have not jotted down a lot about this fragrance in my fragrance note pad, so I may have to return with a more detailed review at some later stage.

I find this fragrance to be unobtrusive and quite pleasing to my senses when I wear this. It's last a little less than some other EA's fragrances, but that's okay I as I consider this to be a summer frarance anyway.

Cheers T.

cherry_lips
cherry_lips

This was a very nice surprise! Light fruity scent, suitable for spring and summer. It is not very lasting, but reapplying will do the job:)

lirael00
lirael00

My mum bought this one, because she said that to her it smells like a lighter cheaper version of Pure poison. So from time to time I stole the bottle and sprayed it on myself and I really liked the opening of this perfume, cause it's strong and invinting in a really good way of course. Even though a lot of things indicate that this should be a summer beachy fragrance, for me it works in winter too. Lasting power is not great which is a big minus for me, cause I love perfumes who jus last and last....So, the start is great (2 hours) but then it slowly fades away so it never really manage to develope a story.

Erikafika
Erikafika

I smelt in a magazine and loved it I thought, but now that I've used it i've concluded it doesn't work for me. I think it's too musky on my skin, but i'm not sure...

eau de nath
eau de nath

My Mom have this. You can really smell the floral notes here and a bit of fruits to make it sweet(but it's not too sweet). A great frag that resembles like relaxing in a beach resort at Greece. I love this for women 25 and older. I really love this, reminds me of the sun's reflection at the sea under a hot afternoon. There's something I can't explain because of its greatness!

brandiwine1980

Oh to me nothing like Coolwater which to me is slightly masculine and very citrusy. This is more sweet floral and feminine and yes really isn't very beachy or aquatic so the name and bottle are misleading, but who cares. Beautiful scent.

brandiwine1980

I honestly am surprised at so much negative feedback. Must be chemistry or poor quality bottles, I don't know. I got this little beauty for $7 at Marshalls and I am impressed. The box is cute and the blue bottle is gorgeous. Funny though I get more of a purple vibe when I wear this. Must be the plum and wisteria which dominate. I get some peach and musk, but not much else in base notes which is fine because the florals and fruits are so pretty. I get pretty good sillage for a fruits floral and lasts at least 7 hours on my skin. And most fumes do not last on my fair, dry skin. Very pleased.

SolangeN
SolangeN

Faint, bland, creamy fruitish floral on top of a hard candy base note. The lotion smells like old fashioned cold cream or an old-time Avon product. Not in a bad way, just nondescript. The EDP dries down to pure sugar on me.

If I tested this blind, I would assume it was a Britney Spears "eau legere" d'something sugary flanker.

Evokes nothing of the Mediterranean.

Initially wanted to project "seawater" or "beach" notes that just aren't there. There's no coastal breeze. No herbs. No lavender. No citrus. It's a cheap sugarfruit floral bottom-loaded with chemical "cashmere" woods.

Seems like a real waste of the name and bottle. Way overpriced for the quality - it belongs in a drugstore.

sandrajj
sandrajj

Took this along on a cruise 2 years ago--to guess where??--yes, the Med. Flew into Barcelona, spent a wonderful week there, met the ship, and went to southern Spain, Gibralter, Canary Islands, Madeira, etc., then transAtlantic back to Florida. All the time, this fragrance was the only one I wore. Since then, I've traveled many places all over the world, but when I want to return to that particular cruise and place in time, a few spritzes of Mediterranean, and I'm instantly there. This is a lovely, clean, sea-fresh fragrance, long lasting, and I get so many compliments when I wear it!!!

nkariem
nkariem

I received this as part of a gift and initially thought of it as a summery fresh perfume, but the more I wore it the more it smelled warm on me. On me, it's definitely more floral and warm than fresh. So I tend To prefer this in the autumn and winter more. It's an easy perfume to wear, something you can wear in the daytime even to work. It's not overpowering at all. Not my favourite, but it is nice.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I have had this forever, again, don't remember how I got it. Didn't purchase for myself. Just sprayed it this morning so I could test it. I agree it smells alot like Cool Water. Not horrible, but not what I'm into right now. It's crisp and fresh, but nothing really exciting about it. It's just a fresh smell. Nothing I would remember or ask someone what they were wearing if I smelled it on them. On the fence about keeping it. The bottle is almost full of a 3.3oz. Don't see myself using much at all. It is a gorgeous blue color, though. Wouldn't buy it for myself or as a gift.

scha
scha

My 3rd bottle and my second signature perfume. The chemistry between this perfume and my skin is off the charts, even though I live in a humid country! It smells more musky/woody on me. Totally transports me to a Greek island or an opulent Arabian palace somewhere.. One of the best Elizabeth Arden perfume, I must say!

PS: Very similar to Narciso Rodriguez For Her :)

NMWS76
NMWS76

On my skin, this is just a strong salt water and not good. It's right for some other woman but not for women like me whose skin prefers warmer and sweeter. My skin usually likes strong fragrances but not this one.

Lara517
Lara517

JUST bought this at a discount department store for an outrageously inexpensive price. But, it's horrible, no wonder they were giving it away!
Wisteria is the ONLY note I can detect. It's very simple, but can't pull it off at all.
A scrubber for this girl!

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

I have some slightly mixed feelings about this one. There is nothing I dislike about it, but neither do I ever really feel like wearing it. I've owned it for about 2 years now (a 1 oz bottle that I still haven't gone through) and I think I finally figured out what bothers me about it. Mediterranean is olfactoraly very "oval-shaped". The top notes are weak, the heart is robust, and the base is all but non-existent. For the volume of the middle notes, it seems as though there should be a stronger foundation carrying it. I wish it were more complex, as the simplicity here doesn't seem to work as it does for some others. Instead of settling down to a musk or sandalwood base, it peters out and disappears in a bit of a lack-luster way.
Mediterranean is easy to like, but doesn't have much of a "wow" factor. When my bottle is finally gone, this scent will be easily forgotten.

sarage
sarage

This was a big disappointment to me some years ago. I bought it without testing, because of the beautiful name and bottle. I thought it cannot go wrong.
I did wear it, I tried to like it but ended up admitting it is way too sweet, almost cloying.
The only Mediterranean in this is the name and the bottle.
I am not sure which elements make this unbeareable to me, maybe wisteria, plum and magnolia all together? It lacks of the freshness of sea air and the green elements I connect to a Mediterranean scent.
Very long lasting on my skin.
I advice to test before buying because it doesn't smell like the image it creates.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

This is an old favourite. It starts off with a mix of fruit and flower (to my nose it smells more like fruit, but in slightly colder weather the flower becomes more distinct). I didn’t know which flower this was till I checked fragrantica, and since I haven’t smelled wisteria in its real form, I’m not able to identify it as a separate note, and I assume the flowery strain is wisteria.

The plum and peach are strong, and though I can’t tell most of the other notes, they give this fragrance a complexity and yummy-ness I can’t get over. Often, when I use this, I think how I would love to dig into cake that smells this way! But it’s not gourmand at all. Just yummy.

What’s particularly delicious is the sandalwood, which is detectable to start with, but becomes very pronounced in the drydown. There’s this soft, lingering, woody sweetness that sits close to the skin after 2-3 hours of wearing Medi, and once it gets to this stage, it lasts surprisingly long, for a good 7 hours I’d say. By this time of course, I’m the only one who can smell it. Since I’ve come to like woody fragrances very much, I appreciate this perfume even more now than in the past.

For a long time, I thought the sillage was good, but I’m not too sure now. It could be that my bottle is more than 3 years old, so perhaps it’s not so effective any more. I’d say Medi’s appropriate for all ages, and I’m sure I’ll get another bottle once this one’s over. Like I said, an old favourite.

HeidiLynn

I am still kind of on the fence for this one, pleasant but generic. The wysteria is lovely and unique, but it does fade a bit fast.

If it weren't for the bottle, this would have gone into the swap-pile. The blue is an absolutely gorgeous shade of turquoise, almost an indigo-teal color. Blue is my favorite color, and this is a beautiful shade of blue...so I keep it.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

This is lovely and gentle, definitely for those people who get headaches with perfume this dosent do that and it hasits a gentle smell. good longevity wich I was surprised about considering how gentle it is. Nice : )

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I think this would be a perfect scent to wear if you wanted to be an under cover spy. No-one would remember you - there'd just be this vague sense of generic familiarity.

I think its covert sexual message reads something like this:

'I won't challenge or confront you, I have no passions and seek to cause no ripples in the passive pond of my life - I won't run off with a lion tamer or anything like that, so sit back, and feel complacent'.

Tusekile
Tusekile

I sprayed the perfume on saturday woow it was so nice and the guy sitting next to me was like i was attracting him with the scent of my perfume... i get alot of compliments from people...but then it doesnt last long thats the only problem...

pierson
pierson

I do like this, very much. I'm not generally one for fruity-floral; to me, they seem far too strong, too sweet. I don't want to say juvenile, but possibly too "young" for me. However, this seems a more mature fruity-floral, less sweet on my skin than others I've tried.

The transitions are smooth and lovely. Fruit at the beginning, more peach-plum for me than citrus, and after a while, florals (I can't differentiate them) slip into the starring role. None of these notes are noisy, shouting for attention, but subtle and gently sweet. Nothing headache-inducing, thank goodness.

In the third hour or so the amber and sandalwood come to the forefront and this phase is really gorgeous. By this time it's very close to the skin. I wish the projection was a little better, but that's my only real complaint.

I get no sense of the Mediterranean, but more of a sunny garden. Definitely not aquatic or beachy in spite of the name or the wonderful blue of the bottle. It feels fresh and summery, sunny without the oppressive heat. Light, pretty, feminine and I can't imagine anyone finding it oppressive to be around. An ideal summer perfume (though I will have to see how it behaves in my horrible, humid, high temperatures). A definite thumbs-up to this scent.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This has a fruity milky quality to it, and the florals are well blended and its all grounded in a nice musk base. It's a good alternative to aquatics -- light and fresh without any sharp masculine water notes. Really great for summer! No one note overwhelms any of the others, it's a very balanced composition. Good for day time casual use.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I get a bit of a blue Kool-Aid type scent upon the initial spray, but soon the sweet, breezy, clean, fruity florals start to develop along with the creamy sandalwood. Feels quite beachy. A nice light find for the summer!

amanda.gggggg
amanda.gggggg

Don't like it. Smells soapy and cheap

TruthserumX
TruthserumX

Love putting this on right when I get out the shower it's like the freshness just goes on and on. I agree this is more than likely a spring or summer scent, however, when you want to feel perky in the winter put this on. The longevity could be better, but I get a lot of compliments on it. I really enjoy the scent.

Maathir
Maathir

Fresh and elegant works very well with my chemistry

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Well it's nice but I put it on 40 minutes ago and it's completely gone. I want a perfume to stick around for a bit! Lovely packaging though.

mja518
mja518

A very unique scent; didn't necessarily smell bad but didn't work very well with my chemistry - also, didn't last long at all (maybe two hours.)

mamazonga16
mamazonga16

for me it is too light, powdery, aquatic, a little sweet but does not last and you cannot know that it is there no impact. It is nice but too light, too soft smell.

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

Found the 1 oz (30 mL) eau de parfum spray at Ross for $6.99 and bought it based on the reviews here as it sounded like a fragrance I'd fall in love with. Your descriptions did not disappoint - this was the only bottle left on the shelf; I'm going back to look for more!

I just love the top, middle, and base notes. On my skin, what really comes through first is a powdery light scent. I then get a whiff of crisp floral. The dry-down is really nice with creamy clean sandlewood scent. It truly makes me feel quite sexy. If you are looking for a fragrance that has no cloying, heavy Oriental notes to it, this one is for you. I'm actually surprised "musk" is mentioned as part of the dry-down. On my skin I can detect none of it which is a good thing - I despise musky perfumes. If it's there, it's balanced very well and may be what's adding to its pheramone-affect on my senses. I imagine wearing this with an ocean breeze lifting the bedroom curtains as the sun shines through... Just me and my husband enjoying this perfume on my skin! (22 January 2013)

maja314
maja314

It's winter here right now and I found myself in the drugstore going through the perfumes looking for a winterscent but then I sprayed some mediterranean on my wrist. This perfume transported me straigth to a sunny and hot day standing on the dunes, in the seabreeze, smelling the sea and sunscreenlotion of people down at the beach. The opening was fresh, citrus orangy and salty and also a little bit sweet. I restrained myself and did not buy it, but after arriving at home regretted it, a lot. Every time I moved my arm I kept on smelling this perfume and wished I was there at the beach! This is a comfortscent, because it evokes warm, happy feelings when you smell it, even more so when it's cold outside. So I just had to go back and buy it, and five minutes before closing time I bought this big bottle of 100ml for 10 euro. Needless to say I am really happy with this catch! As I never owned a perfume with wisteria in it, at first it put me off because it is very strong in the beginning and then it reminded me of sitting in my mom's garden in summer and all I could do was smile. Now after a couple of hours the perfume is getting softer with the floral and woodsy notes but the sunscreenlotion, salty seabreeze is still there. The first perfume I smelled with a salty note was Noa, did not like the note in that perfume too much but with mediterranean the whole perfumepicture is just right. And why is salty not listed as a note? Anyway tonight when I go to bed I will spray on some Mediterranean and dream of warm and sunny beachdays.

Edit: the longevity of this perfume is loooong, +12 hrs! What then remains of the fragrance is the peach, the salty seabreeze has gone by then. And I've been reading up on notes: "sea" should definitely be added as a note here.

thad4841
thad4841

My two cents as a man: to my nose it seems like a fragrance that an older woman might like. Not sure how long this has been out, but it doesn't seem like a modern fragrance. It is clean, fresh, reminiscent of ocean breezes blowing through aromatic woods. But it also has an odd dark note which makes it totally unsexy, even a little severe.

avrilfan422
avrilfan422

I love this perfume! It's beautiful and light, and feels really fresh. I've used it for a long time now so I must say I'm getting partly sick of it, but it's still a wonderful fragrance.

b@by
b@by

Beautiful breezy fragrance that suits its name. The bottle looks beautiful, and it being summer in Australia at the moment, it's very attractive whenever I see it. Another Elizabeth Arden success. Lasting power and silliage are a little disappointing.

Minnie80

totally suggest anyone considering this perfume to TEST FIRST, not all perfumes suit certain skin chemistry and this one literally made me feel ill to the point of nearly vomiting (that is saying something as I have a strong stomach) sorry to all who love it but its very wrong for me, I cannot understand why this is described as 'fresh' by others, this is far from it in my opinion, I describe it as overpowering wisteria powder and musk :( I wont even be giving this away in fear of the person who I give it to wearing it around me.

Minnie80

Uurrr ! I have just bought a 3ml sample. I really wanted to like this....but although I am reviewing waaay to early, and not giving it a chance, I really don't care for the initial peppery notes, it has turned me off immediately! now it is way too powdery and musky, both those notes do not suit me at all, but, I will leave it on and see how I feel later, maybe time will change my mind. sorry EA!

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

So distinct, sweet and still remains fresh. Very unique smell. Imagine sweet ocean smell.
10/10 price 8/10 silage 8/10 longevity 10/10 scent

Zenobia274
Zenobia274

On a warm summer day...it's luscious.

HeidiLynn

'ware those who dislike a floral musk that gives a soapy scent-- this one certainly falls into that category. I happen to enjoy it, especially since this is not a heady white floral nor is it an overbearing yellow floral. I may be smelling with my eyes, but this is a musky indigo floral. The wisteria, orchid and magnolia are there, like a fresh breeze in early spring. One year, we were fortunate to spend a week in Mallorca in April. There was the smell of the ocean, chilly mornings, dewy grass and the soft smell of early spring blooms--this fragrance captures that essence. Not the Mediterranean of deep summer ( tourists, booze, salt, sand and oppressive heat), this is the Mediterranean in spring.

Starts with those blue florals, soapy yet fresh. The plum is there with a light fuitiness. There is musk contributing to the soapiness, and the sandalwood gives depth without heaviness. This would be a nice, pleasant spring/summer scent for a casual event--inoffensive and clean. The 1 oz bottle I have is oval and heavy, nice to hold; the beaten silver cap is simple yet refined and the blue liquid is incredibly beautiful. The spray nozzle is generous, so be careful; this is one to err on the side of light application. For my $10 at Ross, this was a worthy blind buy.

iamjennyrobyn
iamjennyrobyn

It's too sweet and musky so when i use it (which is very seldom) i spray only once as the sweetness is too intoxicating.

Happy Spirit
Happy Spirit

I would love this perfume, but it's way too musky and doesn't smell at all like the bottle and the name suggest to me. If it was more aquatic, I would definitely buy it.

onlineallday
onlineallday

I don't think this is aquatic at all. It smells rather creamy/powdery floral. Very gentle and clean smelling indeed but no way it's cool aquatic like the Green Tea.

Batman2011
Batman2011

I want to like this perfume, and i cam very close to buying it. But there was something about the smell that held me back- it had too much of a floral/powdery aspect to it.
I was expecting more of an aquatic/fresh feel, but never got it and i was disapointed.
My boyfriend had a whiff of it and expressed GREAT dislike; "Smells gross and nana-like" <-- his words exactly.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I have had a small bottle of this for a while, liked it, then forgot it.
After reading some reviews, I decided to revisit this scent...and am I so glad I did. Its just so lovely, and on my skin quite different to any other perfume I have tried (and that's not a small count, by any means)
Fresh, sweetish, but not cloying...just a light sweetness, mixed with a sharpness of citrus to cut through. It doesn't come off as fruity....like every other "gourmand" scent out there, although the fruits are discenible, nor floral, just a meld of fumes that smell at once fresh and innocent, yet womanly and not immature. I will be using this a lot in the coming summer months...could be another 'go to' frag for everyday use...its certainly not going to break the budget, but is a worthwhile spend. Do not make the same mistake as I had, dismissing this because its easily obtainable...I don't know anyone who wears it, and its sooooo affordable, available, and as a scent..its accessible.

perfumia
perfumia

The first moments after spraying this smells vile, really sharp and so shocking that it knocked me backwards. Then it dried.

It smelled so lovely, I kept smelling it all day, by the time it came to go home I had to go back and buy it. It smells complex on my skin,layered,and ever changing.

My 4 year old child smelled it through out the day and said it had "changed colour" I kind of knew exactly what he meant.... it smells warm to me, and changed like the sun from high noon to sunset..... I love it.

callalotus

I just bought it again and love to have it back in my closet. The powerful and fresh smell makes me feel good. I got many compliment from my client / colleague that say i smell great and sexy.

Debshee
Debshee

Loved the top notes but after 10 minutes, couldn't wash if off fast enough once sour notes began to emerge. Seemed like the antithesis of perfume.

xystizi
xystizi

This came as a gift from hubby. Unfortunately, it's not my style. It's too powdery for my skin chemistry.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

I bought this one a few years ago while on the (obviously limited) hunt for a summer fragrance. Back then I loved it...I wore it all summer and the next few summers. I uncapped it recently to remind myself of its scent and was taken aback. The scent no longer made me happy. It wasn't that the fragrance had changed...I had changed. This fragrance will likely always bring back memories of summers past, but I will no longer be making new memories while wearing this.

callalotus

I had it & wore it everyday.. Want the breeze at first but not available at the store at that time. love how it smell and so does my bf...

amurka
amurka

Beautiful.Very light, happy, frutty. Surprisely, I never had as many compliments with other - much more expencive perfumes.
Good price for beautiful smell.

mhalo.sophia
mhalo.sophia

i love it! i love it! its soooo clean. i smelled it the other day at a shop and i was completely in love with it. i asked my dad to buy it for me today...

StarMagix
StarMagix

I have had this one a long time and even though I do like it, I do not love it, nor do I ever wear it. I think actually I just like the color of the bottle and how adorable it is. I bought this in a set with a small glisten scented powder with cute powder puff and a tube of body cream along with a nice size bottle of fragrance. It reminds me very much of a man's aftershave like Aqua Velva or something like that. Perhaps this is why I cannot get myself to wear it. I keep it for the bottle and I do think it smells good, but it is just not the kind of fragrance I love to wear.

amy1983
amy1983

First of all,I just love the bottle. It is the most beautiful shade of blue I have ever seen. It is the exact same color as the Mediteranean sea. It also has an attractive silver hammered cap. It is not an aquatic scent. It does have a sort of plastiky smell. It almost smells like it shouldn't even be a perfume. Oddly enough,that's what I like about it. It is so unique. I have never smelled anything like it. Anyway,I really like this. It is very uplifting.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

They are forecasting a very hot and humid summer in my city this year, so when I saw this at Winners (Canadian TJ Maxx) for 12$ , I figured what is there to lose. Most of my perfumes are heavy , even the ones I wear in summer, so I thought this might be good for taking my daughter to the park. It's nice, I love it, but I only love it because I now have something to wear that will not offend the other moms in the hot summer sun :)
I really only pick up plum, madarin and musk from this on my skin. I sprayed it an hour ago and walked home in the rain, it actually smells stronger now, strange because most reviews say it doesn't last long and usually even strong scents (like Obsession) fade on my skin. Maybe this is best worn in very humid conditions. I really like it for what it is, and must say I am pleasently surprised. Almost reminds me of a lighter, more grown up mix of Cool Water and Midnight Fantasy and now I finally have a perfume I am not scared to wear to playdates ;)
I just realized now that I am wearing this on top of Charlie Gold, I wonder if that is why it seems longer lasting (and smells pretty darn good , I am not usually one who likes layered perfumes)

tei
tei

i bought it,wore it once and sold it for half the price to my friend who loved it.

Fruity sourness, intensive flowery notes and amber sweetness make Mediterranean unusual enough.

Sicilian mandarin and Damask plum sourness is too noticeable. Peach Nectar Sorbet is noticeable, too, but not as much as the mandarin and the plum notes. And it really reminds more nectar than the typical peach note.

The most noticeable flowery note is wisteria. It's very intensive. I wouldn't say that I can detect the magnolia note clearly or the orchid note. Only maybe they make this fragrance more warm as a background.

The amber note is very noticeable. It makes the fragrance warm and sweet, but not too sweet. The sandalwood note is noticeable, but I wouldn't say that it's too heavy. And luckily I almost don't feel the musk note.

This fragrance seems too me warm, sour and sweet at the same time. The sourness really brings some freshness to this fragrance. Maybe that is why it seems a little bit unusual. The staying power is good enough. I don't know why, but my mom says that it smells soapy. I don't think so. I would that that it smells fruity sourness and flowery honey and a little bit candied sweetness.

Sometimes it seems to me a little bit annoying, but I can say for sure that it's not that kind of fragrance you can easily imagine just looking at the notes pyramid. And it's a plus for sure. Not genius, but interesting enough to like it.

caca102
caca102

This smell a lot like Estee Lauder's Pleasure on me-- they both turned into a soapy mess. It seems to work well with others but definitely not for me.

gracious
gracious

Mediterranean fragrance is a simple, does not compromise the wearer, but not impact, not surprising.
It´s just a nice floral market, was a disappoitment for me.
And, as Elizabeth Arden fragrances, has not lasted long.

angelle
angelle

I have had Mediterranean for a what seems ages now, I hardly wear it but having said that I call it my Job Interview fragrance. I have worn it at interviews for the last 4 positions I have successfully gotten. I find its just a non threatening or impressional fragrance, it just flows along with the day and it does not create a cloud of "fume" around the me. I would never wear some of the fragrances that I love as I fear they are overly strong or heavy in an interview situation. This is just one of those nice everyday fragrances that I feel comfortable, confident and accepted when I wear it.

balisong
balisong

this scent is such good value for the price. It smells lovey, very clean and fresh and i really love the box it came in, the blue hollograpic ocean type cardboard was ao pretty.

Very easy to wear

caramello-koala
caramello-koala

I got given this for my birthday and i was not to keen on it, but not wanting to be rude i wear it. I get comments all the time and my family really like the scent on me even though i am not keen on it.
I wear it because others think it smells lovely on me.
It's not horrible i just don't think it matches my personality.

caffeine_junkee
caffeine_junkee

My sister wears this and it smells charming on her. However, I am probably among the few here who, sadly enough, have an adverse physiological reaction to this! It's probably the potent combination of plum and peach in the top notes. Both are strongly fragrant fruits that I happen to appreciate. However, together they make a heady tandem [possibly] causing migraine. My suggestion: really take at least 15 mins to test whether you can 'weather' the top notes. This is not a light, airy, aquatic floral but rather a rich, creamy, and [dare I say] robust fruity-floral as others might also have noted. Imagine fruit salad drenched in highly viscous cream rather than in its own natural juices. If you can wear this without incident, I envy your good fortune because this is truly lovely.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Fruity without being too sweet with a faint hint of flowers. Fresh and light. Perfect for a summer day. I wouldn't call this aquatic or Mediterranean. Since there are perfumes out there that really remind me of the Mediterranean: "Mediterranean Fig Pacifica", "Sicily" and the "Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo" range to name a few that really evoke the blue sea and flowers & fruits of the Mediterranean. I love the color of the bottle though, it's such a pretty blue. In Italy they call this Azzurro, which; you guessed it is the color of the Mediterranean sea.

kalravrkapadia
kalravrkapadia

One of the best from Elizabeth ARden's stable, rich, creamy and stays forever....very classy

pomdgf
pomdgf

For me it's a nice fresh floral scent but not a beach or aqua scent. Everyday wear in summer it's ok but I can't imagine about beachy at all. If I go on vacasion to the island somewhere I'll choose Bali Dream or Light Blue and Sicily. These three scents so perfect. Just the bottle and it's name Mediterranean almost make me confuse.

I just love Mediterranean. Lately I have understood that I have become a Plum-fan. In this perfume I get Plum, Wisteria, Magnolia, Amber, Musk and a hint of Sandalwood. This is my number one scent for spring and summer. Keeps me very fresh for several hours. This scent is a allround-scent- I wear it at work and at party. No sharp or edgy notes at all. A keeper!

Jag bara älskar Mediterranean. På senare tid så har jag fallit hårt för Plommon-noter. I denna så känner jag Plommon, Blåregn, Magnolia, Amber, Musk och en aning Sandelträ. Detta är totalfavoriten för vår/sommar, den håller mig fräsch i många timmar. Jag använder denna doften både till jobbet och till festen. Inga skarpa eller tunga doftnoter alls.

crunchymama25
crunchymama25

This is a very balanced fragrance, and so easy to wear at virtually any time of the year. No handfulls of sand, syrupy bouquets of flowers, or citrus fights here. It's very like the first breeze that caresses you after your dip in the sea- fruity lip balm, sunscreen, and that natural smell of your skin, all tempered with the salt water and that perfumed breeze of plantlife and flowers. It's a very alive feeling to this fragrance for the first few hours that elegantly fades to a more subtle and powdery remembrance of the original. It works beautifully with my skin's chemistry, and it's a joy to smell how it unfolds throughout the day. Bravo, Elizabeth Arden!

Jellybean
Jellybean

sultry beachy scent; it's like fragranced sand and sea perfume with hint of floral notes, citrus and soft musk.
About 4 hours longevity and even afterwards I get a whiff of it.
The scent is summer at the beach in a bottle:)

lindsayxsc
lindsayxsc

I happened to captured its scent a couple of years ago in a shopping mall, and the transient encounter had left me a pleasant memory. I finally purchased a mini size yesterday, and smelled it —— O, my, god! Where's the tender, delightful scent as in my memory?! All I got is something smelling like plastic, which is irritatingly disgusting...I had to endure that smell for like 15 minutes. Then I got the familiar scent that is light and pleasant, but it was so light that I almost could not catch it! I was once intrigued by it, but I never knew it was actually very light middle note after unbearable top note...That's definitely not my expectation

to my nose this is not an aquatic at all. this is a plummy floral, not an acidic citrusy floral or watery floral at all. a lot of musk and a lot of sweetness from the flowers is what i get. it goes on strong, but tames down to a quieter sweetness. i put this on at 8a.m. and now at 3p.m. i'm still smelling it on my wrists clearly, so the longevity is pretty good. a nice day scent for cooler weather. the bright blue coolish looking bottle is deceiving, it makes you feel as tho it will be a summery or spa type fragrance. imo it's not. it's a moderately heavy floral. i feel it would be to heavy for hot weather. over-all a decent scent.

PalmSpringsTammy
PalmSpringsTammy

KeLL Star- Yes, it is similar to Cool Water, but not nearly as strong. I like to wear this when I'm out running errands.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

This is unique. Its not, thankfully, an aquatic type of scent as the look and feel of the bottle might suggest. Its very creamy and soft, and I spent I don't know how long trying to figure out what that peculiar note is in it that makes me not quite love it. I can't tell you the name of the note itself, but it smells just like a plastic pool float to me! Like hanging onto a big round plastic inflatable inner tube and floating down a lazy river. Not a bad smell, and certainly not a bad way to spend a summer afternoon, but quite an odd note in a scent. Sunny happy mind associations aside, I can't make myself reach for this one to put it on.

LEZ 7
LEZ 7

Tried a sample of this because it is discounted at several places.Not for me at all.Very srong and the notes dont change through the time of wearing it.

cutebunny
cutebunny

I purchased the 100ml size last spring in extremely low price. This scent does not remind any other. To some extent it is rather original, but it lacks depth. It is just a cute fruity and floral (not very girly though) - nothing more and nothing less. However, the scent is not extremely light and aquatic even it was inspired by the mediterranean sea (what is very positive). The scent itself reminds me of pine tree forests in a bad way (...sickeningly sweet Wunderbaum pine tree car fresheners). The staying power of the scent is rather weak. I have to apply multiple times a day. Trust me, the real mediterranean does not smell like this.

The scent is pretty good for summer or early autumn for casual use. It is a happy scent, but not luxurious. It smells cheap. I love extremely feminine and dramatic scents, so it is not really my cup of tea. Definitely not for formal occasions or evening wear.

In my country 100ml Mediterranean usually costs nearly 100euros. 50ml in 70euros. However, it cannot compete majority of the scents in that price class and I think it is strongly overpriced. Not worth of the money. However, I am aware that abroad the scent is far cheaper.

I don't really find it very woody or musky. It just smells like soapy & sweet candied pine trees without the typical deeper musky and woody notes.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

This is a very sweet and salty smelling perfume, but it is soft and powdery. It is not an aquatic as the blue bottle would make you think. It is a nice fruity floral that is perfect for summertime nights. For me, sometimes it is a little too fruity amd sweet. Still it is likable, but doesn't blow me over. It has average lasting power I would say. Not something I would wear every day but occasionally.

Hollie
Hollie

I smell most of the notes listed but not much musk.It's a little sweet yet soapy and very fresh once it dries down some and becomes a bit woody. To me, it's a very clean scent and I like to put it on right out of the shower...kind of reminds me of fresh laundry..maybe a dryer sheet.Very safe scent....not very unique but pleasant. I don't tend to gravitate towards florals but this one does not offend me in any way. The bottle is cute and I found this one discounted.On me, it lasts quite a while and stays pretty close to my skin. Worth a try in my opinion.

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

This was another of my blind ebay purchases. I bought it based on the write-ups and notes. I was looking for a light and pretty Summer perfume to replace my long gone - but never forgotten - bottle of (discontinued) Oceana, from The Body Shop. This isn't quite as strong on the opening notes but that's not a bad thing, Oceana did have a bit of a chemical punch. I wouldn't say this is my ideal perfume but I'm more a heavy perfume sort of person. I do like it though, it's warm, sweet, fruity, floral, fresh and pretty. It's a 'just showered', effortless to wear fragrance.

It helps that from the first spray, I'm instantly transported back to the Mediterranean (funnily enough!), lazing on a sunbed with a delicious warm, fragrant breeze... For me, this isn't about the perfume itself, it's about what it does for me, I'm back on a Spanish island or in Tuscany enjoying instant perfect relaxation - all-is-well-with-the-world bliss. Ah, the memories!

artsymom
artsymom

Light and clean like I just stepped out of the shower. I smell wisteria, a little bit of soap, amber and musk and maybe just the slightest hint of peach- barely detectable. No real sweetness here- kind of dry and airy. To me, this doesn't smell like Narciso Rodriguez for Her in the slightest, as one reviewer thought. Very "safe", pleasant- probably a good office scent. Nice longevity and medium sillage.

Antigone
Antigone

This scent ir almost for everyones nose. It is not a luxury scent obviously. Quite light, a bit sweet and suitable for holidays or everyday use is summer. On my skin it last long enough.

sisbro6

This is fabulous! i just luv it. I didnt know that this was fabuous because this was my mom's and when I liked that bottle, i took it out and smelt. From that day, this is my favourite and if i wear any blue dress, i wear this.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I can remember hating this perfume. I don't know why I would see it everywhere and just think no, no and no. Everytime I would talk to a salesperson about fresh perfumes they would try to sell me this and I would say no, no no. I don't know why but for some unexplained reason I sprayed some of my mums on my wrist at her place because I had forgotton my perfume. I thought, that smells like sandlewood but not the Samsara sandlewood just an annoying sadlewood. Then a minute later it started to change and become almost like strawberries or bubblegum but a light musk as well. It wasn't childish like kiddie strawberries just this faint stawberrie smell. I really liked it. I got a large bottle and used the whole bottle I just loved it. My bottle seized up at one point and wouldn't spray not sure if anyone else had that problem. I was horrified because I still had a lot left in it but I managed to get it working again. I will get this one again because I like the smell and it lasts. I used to spray it and didn't like it so I am not sure what accounts for my sudden turn in opinion. Oh well good for me another one I can enjoy.

jillrp
jillrp

This smells so delicious and summery - a perfect summer fragrance that translates well from day to night. It reminds of sunshine on the sea without being too light or "blue". It smells like Mediterranean air with a bit of spice. A very beautiful perfume for everyday!

Mayflowerwitch
Mayflowerwitch

I disagree with one reviewer who labelled it a young fragrance. To me, it smells like something my Mother would wear.

In any event, it definitely is a summer fragrance. Sillage and longetivity is not good, unless you spray it all over your clothes as well.

I don't like or dislike it...it's one of those fragrances I'm on the fence about.

One thing's for sure, I wouldn't pick this one up again.

Cutie
Cutie

What perfume do you wear in a 100-degree humid weather? Mediterranean. What would you recommend for the summer that sits close to your skin and does not smell artificial? Mediterranean. What perfume does not suffocate others if they stay close to you in the elevator? Mediterranean. Such an understated treasure. It is not your typical "lemonade or ice tea" which is called "fresh" smell and being used by masses as "summery" fragrance. This is the best casual scent for hot summer day I can think of. It was not the "love from the first smell", but it is a great "friendship" for me. I have a body wash, lotion and perfume gift set. When applied together, it lasts and lasts and lasts... Great value, sophisticated fragrance and simple but colorful bottle. What else can you ask for?

Mandana
Mandana

Interesting fragrance, although I am not an Arden fan (her perfumes are mostly far too conservative), this perfume definitely has that certain something, perfect for summer, an exotic and romantic blend of flowers and fruit that linger a long time. The blue bottle conjures up images of the Mediterranean but to me this is not an acquatic perfume at all, there are no "watery" or "blue" notes in here. When I wear it, I dont think of being by the SEA in a warm climate, I think of driving past sand dunes in a hot climate, in an open-top sports car with a scarf round my head, laughing and just enjoying the sun! I get this image when I wear this perfume LOL. I found it by chance in the perfume shop on holiday; I dont understand why this perfume was never such a big selling one; too little publicity maybe? A shame as it is really a classy young perfume!

Hyponse
Hyponse

I love this fragrance! I just bought my second 100 ml bottle. Boring bottle and design, but a wonderful, sexy, delicate, summer-feeling inside.

glama
glama

Love the bottle- simple & pretty- I like the perfume. LOVE the orange in this -its warm & spicy, yummy with not too too much powdery after smell. I like most of Elizabeth Ardens fragrances & they are priced right

sisbro6

it just smells like the aigner suede edition. i just love it

pauluch3
pauluch3

Don't be fooled by its name and the colour of the bottle.

If you're looking for sth fresh and aquatic this definitely is not your choice. It's floral rather than aquatic, with sandalwood drydown. It's quite nice.

If I ever find a 30 ml bottle on sale I may consider buying.

Piya
Piya

Once I tested it in Macy's. I liked it and got a 3.3oz bottle. Unfortunately I don't find it nice once I apply. It leaves a strong sandalwood scent on me. I would have been happier to get a floral or aquatic note from it. However, it might work better on someone. It stays on for quite some time.

dame piglet
dame piglet

I bought this today without sampling it because I wanted something with wisteria notes and this came up as a suggested scent.
I'm not sure how I feel about it... I don't hate it, but I'm not in love either. The opening notes remind me a bit of J'Adore, but not nearly as strong. It's a watery floral, which is nice, but I prefer a muskier / spicier / maybe sandalwood drydown. This one just dries down a powdery floral on me... pretty linear.
That being said, I'll bet this smells absolutely gorgeous on someone else.
As for me, I'll try again, but so far, not so good.

gem5656

I know...it's my 'non Bvlgari' perfume! I love it, though, and it helps me to not use up my BVL...which is my favourite perfume.To me, they smell very similar... If you're looking for a perfume that smells and wears like a much more expensive perfume, this one is a great purchase. Great sillage, too. For EA, this is a good one! :)

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I am on a continuing quest for a good aquatic fragrance...and this one is, sadly, not it.

Warm, orange spice...warm, sticky orange spice. That's all I got for about 2 hours when I sprayed it. After 2 hours, it evolved into a strange layered scent--when I smelled my wrist at a distance, there was a nice aquatic note that reminded me of the nicer parts of Missoni Acqua. But when I got my nose too close, I was back to that warm orange spice. Missoni Acqua, for the record, is a much cooler scent than this one--this is a WARM aquatic.

Lasting power was OK...4-6 hours. At the very, very end of the drydown, I couldn't smell the orange as much...but that's just too long for me to wait for the orange to go away. Orange and lemon and me just don't mix. My quest continues...

derkargy
derkargy

...such a perfect,aquatic fragrance.One of the best perfumes from Elizabeth Arden.

perfumaholic22
perfumaholic22

My mother owns this fragrance, but has never liked it much. I, on the other hand think this is a beautiful perfume.

Mediterranean is a light summer fragrance that transports you to a Mediterranean beach. It carries a touch of florals, lots of fruits and you can smell the amber quite nicely. A great, sophisticated day fragrance for the 20+ group.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A nice summer fragrance, fresh, light and clean. It's very good for the Australian climate! Unfortunately, the staying power is lacking. Apart from that, it's another office friendly, day-wear fragrance...

raymac
raymac

Does not work for me at all. To light with absolutely no presence and does not last long.

jacobloem69
jacobloem69

Mediterranean..... So glad i've found you!!!
You are a delight by all means. Your special scent, your name, your blue bottle...so sexy in all the way's. You make me feel light and careless. I feel sexy when I wear it and my Boyfriend can't take his hands of me! I Love MEDITERRANEAN

A perfect every-day-scent. Not heavy, light and nice but at the same time "its there" around me for several hours. Wonderful spring/summer-scent in my opinion.

En härlig varje-dag-doft, perfekt för kontoret. En doft som är mjuk och lätt men ändå tydlig runt den som bär den. På mig sitter doften ca 4 timmar, vilket jag tycker är ganska bra. En härlig vår/sommardoft.

sunthing
sunthing

I live in mediterranean and this is the perfect summer scent for me...Fresh,radiant,feminine and creamy...I would just like the sillage to be stronger.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I tested this today and was pleasantly surprised at how yummy this was! At first spray you get alot of fruity notes but once this settles after a few hours the sandalwood musk begins to show itself. I sprayed it on about twice and it is now 3+ hours later and I can still smell it in full force only it smells woody and musky now with just a hint of fruit. I think I may have to grab a bottle of this blue deliciousness! Very nice!!!!

mschirstine10
mschirstine10

Someone finds it stays long and even only wears it in winter? On my skin, you would not smell a thing after 30 mins. I tried it on the counter and was attracted to the fruity and sandalwoody hints.Though i know you could not ask for too much for aquatic fragrances, i mean it is kinda lovely scent while i do hope it could last longer.I came back and bought a 100ml, it turns out exactly as i imaged, very breezy and casual, but does not last long.

LLL3
LLL3

On me, Mediterranean is a sultry, sexy perfume, with amber notes that linger on. There is nothing cool or hinting of water. This is my go-to scent for dreary winter days. Very wearable and slightly suggestive.

bliss
bliss

I loved this scent when I tried it on in the store! I wore it overnight and went back the next day for it. Now, though, I find the musk takes over whenever I wear it. The lighter, sweeter scents seem to disappear on me. I got it for a great price but have to say I do not wear it often. It seems heavier to me now than it did when I sampled it.

wonderland
wonderland

It stays on for quite long and is a bit musky at the end, yet floral and fresh. Works well for summer time.

cevizlia
cevizlia

I bought a 50ml bottle the other day because I had been wanting to try this one out. On first sniff, I felt I had made a mistake as the citrus was really harsh and hurt my nose. But as I let it die down for a while, I started to distinctly smell what smellt like the ocean. My skin smelled salty as if I was tanning after a swim but I could also smell the hints of distant flowers. It ended in a woodsy musk that I loved. It made me feel sexy in a unique kind of way. Definitely worth the $15. Not a signature scent for me but I enjoy it.

I see what the other reviewers are talking about. There is a dryness to this scent. I can imagine Sicily, with its coastal citrus orchards and blue ocean waves crashing against a dry gray bluff. Mediterranean is a very appropriate name.

The scent definitely has some tangy citrus notes in it, like an orange Starburst candy. Alone, this particular note would turn me off. I don't like any hint of sour. But this one works for me because the drydown is balanced with musk and a touch of sultry woods. The woods give an illusion of warmth and depth, but the overall effect of this fragrance is cooling and refreshing. Makes for an unusual but very pleasant fragrance.

The bottle is beautiful. I adore the fact that it looks like a huge lapis lazuli. It looks so deep and inviting, just like a warm, calm, azure ocean. Even the silver cap (versus gold) indicates a cooling effect, rather than a warm one.

skye88
skye88

Fresh smelling,really reminds me of the ocean,or the Greek Islands...

adele l
adele l

Got a 5ml in a gift set ages ago and obviously must not have cared for it. I tried it today and it's actually nice- starts aquatic but quickly subsides into a very clean, almost salty peach. It's not overly sweet and the citrus is thankfully subdued. That said it's certainly not revolutionary but better than what I recalled. Seems testing would be a good idea because it doesn't agree with some of the commenters here. Also with EA it seems the perfume formulations are gentler and easier to wear.

moly
moly

I like the dryness of this scent, it's not too sweet, rather salty and sour. Really sunny fragrance.

guest_LeeLee
guest_LeeLee

This reminds me of a hot day in the sunshine. It's best not to overdo it with too much though. I smell ripe juicy oranges, something green on the air, something warm and inviting, and a whiff of sexiness. Like I've been lounging in the sun and am embraced by it. It's what I imagine the Greek islands to be, but somehow it also reminds me of growing up in Orange County, CA with the beach, the old groves inland, and the canyons. It's not meant to be "fresh" or aquatic. The bottle reminds me of the deep blue Mediterranean Sea and the color schemes used in Greek local architecture. Love it in the Summer -- we'll see about other seasons. May be like a resort visit. ;)

danimcneil
danimcneil

This smells almost identical to estee lauders beyond paradise blue. Literally exactly the same. I haven't compared the notes yet, but side by side I can tell no difference from top notes to the far dry down. Both perfumes seen as if there is something missing that would just make them that much better...maybe more sweetness? Something sour? I'm not sure. To my nose, this smells very green and grassy. It's ok, but I wouldn't buy a fb.

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

I love the look and smell of it,the bottle is blue and feels lovely in the hand.it really does remind me of a a Meditterranean holiday even down to having a touch of warm sun tan oil.Lovely to put on during a Winter day to lift the spirits!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have never really been all that enthused about the charms of the mediterranean. I am not discounting its merit but I am Australian and we already have plenty of golden sunshine, sandy beaches, fragrant plants and good wine. There never seemed much incentive to branch out.

Elizabeth Arden has not provided any real impetus either. There is nothing aquatic about this fume no matter what the colour of the bottle. Opening with a sharp alcoholic blast followed by a mouthful of sour citrus that is extraordinarily true to life.

Later it is joined by a fluffy peach and segues into a cool vanillic sweetness from the wisteria and exotic orchid. The magnolia is not as airborne here as it normally is, it is entrenched in the heavier florals. Sweet and interesting but with a underlying sourness that rankles my nose.

Mediterrean overall is an interesting perfume with more going than meets the eye. However, if like me, you are not a huge fan of citrus perfumes, then it would be a pass.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I bought this because I'm fascinated with Greece, Alexander the Great, and pretty much all things mediterranean. It's nice, but didn't strike me as great. It's alright but I wouldn't buy it again.

nural
nural

smells v nice and sweet and fresh at the beginning then, the sweetness turns to pungent smell with a hint of armpitt with curry :(

Long lasting and strong.

AmberLove
AmberLove

Finally got this!!!I really like it, its slightly sweet, but not too sweet, flowery, musky, simply a perfect summer scent for me! Since I like peach note very much, it directly caught me!!!
Its a very nice blended scent. The bottle is deceptively gorgeous, you would indeed expect a marine type of scent, but nothing like that...
To sum up, its a beautifull scent wich is very inoffensive and florally soft and very suitable for summers!

Cereza
Cereza

I tested it today in shop and I keep sniffing my wrist all the time. It's lovely. It opens really spicy and fresh, then goes to something sweet which I at the start did not like, but then the spicy note came back and it's really lovely. This fragrance may be it for me. Just purchased it and can't wait to arrive!!

UPD: I have been wearing it for few weeks now, the smell is lovely as i metioned before, but the lasting power is not that good. At least on me. Maybe because it's been so hot outside and that screw's up some things. I'll wait for colder weather and hope that it will last longer as the smell is absolutely lovely.

Rici
Rici

This one reminds me of summer at the beach. Very fresh and clean and one of my EArden favourites. I also love the perfumed hand and body lotion and this one makes the heads turn!

mllefantine
mllefantine

I smelled this in a magazine, of all places, and just had to have it. I enjoy a good musky, woody scent, but upon buying it, I found it just a little too strong for my taste. I still enjoy the scent, but I usually only wear it out at night or for special occasions, and I wear it almost exclusively in the winter.

Bought it and not a fan. It's rejected at the back of my collection. I used it as a room freshner instead.

magie
magie

If you are planning a vacation to the beach,or a cruise, or an excursion to the Mediterranean,this would make a great perfume. Perfect for hot weather it is cooling and a little salty. The heart is sweet and floral but not to sweet and the dry down is a wonderful slightly salty warm musk. It has great lasting power, it last about 6 to 8 hours on me. I found this little jewel at Marshalls/TJ Max for very little money and smells like an expensive perfume. I do love a bargain and I do love Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden for summer.

nyoka
nyoka

I LIKE THIS FOR A SWEET SUMMER FUME.THE OPENING IS LIKE A WET JUICY FRUIT SALAD THAT MAKES UR MOUTH WATER.SLOWLY,SOFT ORCHIDS COME INTO PLAY,FOLLOWED CLOSELY BEHIND BY TRAILING FRAGRANT WISTERIA .THE WOODY NOTES R MORE PRONOUNCED BY THE WOOD OF THE WISTERIA VINES.I SENSE AMBER IN THE DRY DOWN,BUTMITS NOT OVERWHEALMING.LIGHT FRESH,ALMOST WET BUT,FOR SURE,COOLING.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Zvoncica has described this perfume really well. The plum and peach on first spray are very fruity/sweet. I got a dash of bitter-ish orange, but that note passed by quickly.

The fragrance stays sweet through the middle notes as creamy magnolia blooms. I'm not familiar with the particular scents of orchid or wisteria, so I couldn't say if I detected those notes. The florals were bright and summer-blooming flower strong, though.

The dry down has a definite salty accord. It does remind one of the seaside, but not in an aquatic perfume way, as the sweetness of the top and middle notes endures through the dry down.

It's a nice enough perfume, but it's nothing spectacular. I'm glad I only bought the 1oz EdP and that I paid only $10; I don't think it I'll wear it all that often.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I AGREE W/ MANY OTHERS THAT THIS IS A GOOD FRAGRANCE HOWEVER NOTHING REALLY SPECIAL IT HAS GOOD STAYING POWER...

guest_Kimberly
guest_Kimberly

It does not smell like bubble gum or chemicals like noted above. It smells light and fruity. I don't regret buying it. I don't detect "woody" but I would say the fruit and flower are married to a degree that you can't say it is to floral or two fruity. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say this is a 6 or 7. 10 being the highest.

meandperfume
meandperfume

Meditteranean is a really nice slightly sweet summer fragrance for me. At the moment I'm having difficulty finding a signature scent and because of this have a perfume wardrobe of different perfumes

Arexyz
Arexyz

It is like childish bubble gum mixed with somethig chemical, really not for me. Horrible, I hope that nobody in my surround will use it.

asmahtp
asmahtp

may be it's nothing special...but i'm gonna buy one bottle...the blue color really attract me.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Oh boy, this one did not work for me. When I first sprayed it on, I thought I had found the perfect fragrance, zesty, fruity and fresh. Within five minutes (enough time for my chemistry to have a say) it was like I had been punched in the face by a gel air freshener's interpretation of "plum". It was nauseating and the sticky sweet smell was everywhere I went. Eventually, I tried washing it off, but it was still stuck to me the next morning.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

What would happen if you go to beautiful Mediterranean Sea and spend the entire time in your room eating chocolates?

That's what happened to me when I smelled Mediterranean. I think, by some combination of the smells of perfume and my own skin which makes fragrances sweeter, I got a strange equation

plum+peach+woody musky notes = chocolate!

I'm sure someone is searching for that chocolate note in their perfume. Well, if you're like me and if you try Mediterranean -- you might find what you need!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Wonderful summerscent,very classy . Oceanic,just like its name, but not so aquatic ,rather quite sweet on me . A little little bit too sweet.

*sophi*
*sophi*

Mediterranean is a fragrance mostly aprecciated by me beacause of my origin.If you live in a Greek historic island like me, you will smell familiar scents.Fresh,floral airy ,musky notes.Fresh and airy like aura of Aegean sea,fruity like mandarin blossom trees,floral
like magnolias and orchids flowers.Soft and Woody musky scent that lasts.Perfect for summer vacation in Sicily,Malta, Spain,Cyprus ,Greece and all the
Mediterrenian places.Enjoy it!!!

hotaru
hotaru

it smells like a huge swimming pool in hot summer day.

Mediterranean is a fragrance that doesnt smell like any other frag. It makes me feel like no other frag does to me.

I see me. I love to swim, and Mediterranean brings me that huge swimming pool anytime I want; just a spritz away.

It has 'chilli' feel, it's 'spacious','odd',independent,glorious in a unique way,refreshing, and rather to be a uni-frag.

I hardly sniff the floral notes -pardon my illogical nose-, because all i smell is water,swimming pool, the ocean, and all. it's an extraordinary fragrance.it puts me in my favourite getaway place in an instant :)

ladysuean
ladysuean

This is great!! It feels so cool and fresh. It feels like diving into a great big pool of clean water. Very chic.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Mediterranean is fruity-floral, sweet-salt, balmy musk. Rather brisk at the beginning, creamy towards the end.

It is not aquatic, neither distinctively fresh. Has special, hard to identify mixture of completely opponent flavors, it gives him entity among other summer-sea-blue variety.
I can barely describe it.

In this blue bottle is perfectly captured smell of your skin after swimming in Mediterranean sea.

How do I know?
Im a Mediterranean girl.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Like LD7, I am suprised by how much I like this sunny little number - it is not my usual scent-preference.

It is a fun, grown-up yet unpretentious take on girly, fruity-florals. You can tell that Sunflowers & Med are sisters because they share something in the mix, although do not let that put you off if you find Sunflowers repulsive!

On my skin it is a sour-sweet, salty & warm fruit shot of citrus-peach with plenty of musk, sharp florals (magnolia?) & some bitter woods. Nothing radical, but very pleasant & distinctive. Dry down is warm & inclined to be soapy.

If you like the idea of Cool Water & Ralph but find them too full-on, synthetic & headachey, this may please you - they are not the same, but they are beach-buddies. Strong sillage & exceptional lasting power considering the heat of the sun.

A warm floral breeze on a hot beach day - the stunning bottle is spot-on.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

This is a very romantic,floral scent with an slight aquatic touch. Considering the name I would have expected more aquatic notes but still it is a very pleasant fragrance.Unfortunately it has almost no lasting power at all on me.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I was surprised to find that I actually like this. I'm not sure if I could wear it everyday, but it's pleasant...nothing fantastic about it though.

I get a quick hello & goodbye from the fruits. I smell mostly the mandarin orange & peach, but the plum is definitely the shyest of the three. The musk arrives early and plays with the fruits until they disappear behind the florals--which make quite an entrance, I might add. I smell the magnolia & wisteria, but have trouble finding the orchid. I smell something woodsy... Perhaps the sandalwood made an early appearance as well. To me, the amber is drowned out by the flowers...which is unfortunate for me because I was looking forward to the amber mix. Overall, though, it's nice enough to wear on warm AND cool days, I think. Good sillage and fairly good lasting power on my skin.

ticalica
ticalica

Excellent summer fragrance
it cools you down instantly with a fresh sensation of pleasant mist
Worth a 2nd time

sharyssa
sharyssa

Got the gift set and the lotion is the bomb.This scent is the most marine like scent I've ever smelled and it is sweet and fruity too. A must have and also one of my favorites.

guest_Miss La Blueteapool
guest_Miss La Blueteapool

i love the smell but it's kinda weird for me because compare to the brand, the smell is like a cologne because it is not long lasting... i wear it and in a couple hours i cannot smell any of the fragance.
but still the smell is so fresh and light...

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

Nothing's special about this perfume.Too powdery....doesn't match with my chemistry. The scent disappeared less than one our. I gave it away.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i didn't know how this perfume smelled because i cannot find elizabeth arden in my country, so i have bought it only based on the descriptions on this page -which normally is not my style. it is goregous! it does smell pretty similar to cool water by davidoff, but it's sweeter and more feminine. it makes you feel like you are on holiday in Sicilly! lovely! and the staying power is amazing...

mwater1
mwater1

This is just lovely. I recommend it. I have so much Elizabeth Arden Fragrance, it is scary.

Annie_D
Annie_D

This fragrance is like cool water, just by having a slight aquatic note to it. However it has something that cool water does not, this lovely sandalwood musky base with a touch of the wisteria that comes out during the drydown. I find it to be a good summer night perfume because it works with the mediterranean vibe. I don't sense any sicilian mandarin which is disappointing. Overall a nice summer evening fragrance.

alina terec
alina terec

i smelled this one in 2007. it's a light floral with some watery notes. the sicilian mandarin is not so obvious and the drydown is kind of powdery and sweet. it's very similar to cool water from davidoff. so all of you who like cool water will be loving this.and the bottle is just amazing!

veronique
veronique

Very non offensive, a nice, light feminine floral musk, ideal for spring and summer.

charlie
charlie

a great perfume.. love it. A+++

guest_rachel mary
guest_rachel mary

Its a lovely fragrance for summer or spring. i dont smell a particular note when i smell it just a beautiful combination. Good staying power too.

falovalo

I have to correct my earlier review. I really like this fragrance. It's soft and powdery and a bit fruity all at once. It really reminds you of what the ocean might smell like.

dreamy8000
dreamy8000

this perfume has a nice fresh smell its light, sweet, slightly fruity, i just wish it had better staying power.

I was quite drawn to this fragrance when I first tried it. It is a very light, aquatic fragrance. It could never be offensive because it is so calming and casual. I actually had this on my wishlist for ages, but I decided not to buy it because it didn't seem like a fragrance that I would find myself wearing. The sillage is fairly average, but for the price this perfume is worth it.

essija

Don't let this little blue bottle fool you into thinking its acquatic b/c it's not Not at all. It is PLUM Crazy on me.... and I like it... just wished it lasted longer... PLUM Sweetness!!!

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

I tried this at the counter, walked away and then had to come back! Wow, it smelled so good and then I tried it on, still wow! For some reason, anything with an amber, sandalwood, musk base goes with my body chemistry. Throw in wonderful fruity and slightly floral smells. I bought this one and it is definitely on my fav shelf!

essija

Wow what an amazing little blue bottle. I get a lot of fruit at first in the best possible way. Then after this drys it turns very floral powdery on me. I really like this. Its full of body and last forever. This might just be my new It perfume... Its a very well done scent, I think they got this one right on.. Cute little blue bottle too. So simple, an everyday must..

adves87
adves87

i just love this smell. its perfect!
I wear this whenever i go out, i spray it especially in my hair, and it even smells the day after! its a great peachy smell, summery but not so "breezy". Its not a scent for younger girls, this smell says woman, a young mature woman. Im meditarrenean myself, so this perfume fits me perfectly

kay_li13
kay_li13

I bought a bottle of this today... I don't know how I feel yet... sometimes when I think of it in conjunction with wearing it in summer I think it's perfect, other times I just think it's too "pine sol fresh"-y, if you know what i mean. and that's definitely the only way to describe it. on the other hand, i got a pretty good deal, so i figure it's alright.

mlinde
mlinde

I just got this for Christmas after wanting it for quite a while, and I think it's just fresh and soft but powerful enough to be interesting. There is fruits and flowers but the base notes gives it a decent body as well. An excellent scent for every day useand almost all year around.
I like the shape of the bottle too!

falovalo

Powdery and fresh. Not anything to write home about, but it is a nice summer fragrance and it's lasting power is decent.

mymlan
mymlan

This is a sea breeze with a pinch of salt which brings the scents of lovley flowers from the nearby coastline to my nose...

I'm so impressed by the fact that it is possible to create a fragrance that is both warm and cooling at the same time, and both sweet and salty. It is a bit sharp in the beginning but after that initial blast I really like how it developes on my skin. I can't really detect the fruits in it, but the magnolia-orchid-wisteria mix is wonderful. In all it is a complex fragrance that I like a lot.

I will keep this sample to see how I like it in the long run. Maybe I'll get a big bottle when summer is knocking on my door.

guest_AnnieSez
guest_AnnieSez

I like this alot and I like the bottle and the box how it is displayed it is very pretty.

Natalia
Natalia

Another one of my favourites at the moment. Beautiful and summery. It travelled with me to Spain about a month ago. Summer, the nightlife and buzz is what it reminds me of. Perfect match with the bottle. Absolutely beautiful

Sedef
Sedef

i really dont like it! its too strong.But the ony think that is maybe good for lovers of it is its powerful longlasting...

Aiona
Aiona

Sharp fruity floral. It smells a lot like Narciso Rodriguez for Her, to me, although I gave my sample away, so I am unable to compare them directly. The opening is sharp citrus. Then it dries down, but retains that sharp floral smell. Magnolia, probably. And also a little musk. So much like Narciso Rodriguez for Her, that if you like NR, you may like this one too.

Marra
Marra

I just love this perfume! It is romantic, flirty and at the same time independent. It makes me feel so attractive and self confident. I normally get quickly bored with fragrances, but this one i have had for 2 years now, and still it brings me in the right mood! May be it's because I am Pisces and this smell is the right for me?

guest_Hana
guest_Hana

It is good if you are a water person

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

I have it..and i think it's great having this one. i like the bubble gummy smell from it. It makes me feel young and fresh..my husband choose this one...and never thought on this, our opinion is the same, since we have different taste.

Marianne
Marianne

I totally agree with KeLLStar: I'ts a nice summer scent, yet nothing special.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I smelt this one at the EA counter. It's quite nice - the smell matches the blue bottle & name, similar to a Cool Water type fragrance for women. I liked it, but not enough to want to purchase.

Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden 3.39 out of 5 based on 747 ratings and 192 user reviews

Mediterranean Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
macys.com
Eau De Parfum
Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean Eau de Parfum, 3.3 fl oz
Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean Eau de Parfum, 3.3 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Mediterranean, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mediterranean by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.