Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Pretty Hot Elizabeth Arden for women

Pretty Hot Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Pretty Hot Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Elizabeth Arden launches the new fragrance Pretty Hot in January 2011 as a sequel to the original Pretty perfume from 2009. Pretty Hot, as its predecessor, is signed by Givaudan perfumer Claude Dir, who was utterly inspired by Belle de Nuit, a flower that blooms and develops in hot summer nights under the moonlight. Its fiery petals and captivating aroma are embodied in this mystical, intense, hot and seductive fragrance. Pretty Hot is hypnotic, sexy and feminine just like tropical flowers, juicy red fruits and exotic spices.

The composition opens with red currant, fresh mandarin, blood orange, red apple and freesia. Queen of the night dominates perfume’s heart, followed by peony, pimento blossom and Petalia and Georgywood (cedar and amber) molecules. Long-lasting power and intensity is provided by the base made of amber, white patchouli, tonka bean, sandalwood and musky Cosmone molecule.

The perfume bottle is of the same shape as the Pretty one, painted in fiery pomegranate color with a flat flower – shaped stopper at the top. The box is the same color as the bottle, adorned with attractive floral pattern. Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Blood Orange Mandarin Orange Red Apple Red Currant Freesia

Night blooming Cereus Peony Virginia Cedar

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Tonka Bean

Forbidden Euphoria

Pretty Hot Fragrance Reviews

Tine1world
Tine1world

Incredible. Iv'e been waiting for this to go on sale for under $20. Aussie Dollars and now it has. I wanted a smaller flacon though, but that does not matter.

THis has that same 'Pretty' vibe only spicier. It's quite linear, so I might put a further edge on this one by layering. I feel sexy in this and I'm way old. Older but hey who's counting?

I love the forbidden fruit flacon which is identical except for the colouring to the original 'Pretty'. I find this a wonderful accompiment to my Eli Arden collection though I am unsure if I will ever graduate to the tea fragrances. Though admittedly I have never tried Eli Arden's tea series. I sometimes like the tea inspired fragrances.

This has the hallmark of Eli Arden. I can smell it. It is something in all her fragrances that give it that longevity.

I am looking forward to wearing this one. It is really juicy.
Cheers T.

RavynG
RavynG

This is what Snow White smelled like after she bit into the ripe red apple! VERY much like Juicy Couture Couture--but better IMO. No wonder the Prince kissed her even though she was in a coffin! LOL! I really love this.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I don't need this one because it is so close to Couture Couture.

JizzJuice
JizzJuice

Very nice blind buy, based on all of your comments both good and bad! Nice opening burst of pear and blood orange and then settles down very oriental like. I really like this one, especially after the dry down, very warm and ambery.

Centsless
Centsless

I love Pretty Hot! It's unique, haven't smelled anything similar. Definitely a hidden gem, and I would have never discovered it if a fragrantican had not sent a sample. The fruit is there the whole time for me, albeit more juicy and strong at the beginning, the fruits are grounded by sandalwood, tonka and amber. The tonka and amber warm it up and make it interesting and sensual, yet there is a fresh vibe too, sweet yet not sweet... It's full of contradiction, which I love. I need this in my life! It is long lasting on my skin, for once an EDP which acts like one. Which at this price point is a great thing.

Also I love the name and the ad... totally get what they were trying to do...

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I have the original "Pretty" which is a safe bet when you just want to smell "nice" - saw "Pretty Hot" out at the Chemist we go to and it was out for $24.00 so bought a bottle blind (box was slightly water damaged but nothing wrong with the perfume inside - original cost here in South Australia $90.00). So glad I did, it is gorgeous - very feminine and quite noticeable and "different". Have worn it now on 4 occasions and each time people have said "You smell lovely, what are you wearing?" so am very pleased with my purchase. Bottle is Pretty Hot too! Noone else in my circle of friends has it so feel exclusive when I wear it as well!

odie
odie

From the reviews I see here and the attractiveness of the red bottle, "Pretty Hot" is sold to me. Somehow....when I went to the perfume counter I could not smell anything distinctive, just some slight flower/fruity scent but I guess its the balsamic element that is lost to my olfactory. Haven't lost hope with "Pretty Hot" though, I will go and get a spritz again and see what everyone else is raving about!!!!

Pretty Hot is a sweet tarty citrus scent, with just a touch of green in the base. It reminds me a bit of BBW Into the Wild, which I dislike, but Pretty Hot has the patchouli turned way down. I tend to like patchouli, but mixing it with citrus is not usually my preference. The opening is straight up citrus and berries. The middle remains the same but I can detect the tonka bean here, and the drydown brings about the greenness and mildest bit of patchouli and woods. I think this should be called Pretty Nice. Nothing too hot going on here but yes, nice.

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

Un peu déçue... Odeur intéressante, mais au bout de 10 minutes, plus rien !

eomo1992
eomo1992

When I spray it on my hair for the first time, I have to get it. It was sooooo lovely!!! I had bought it right away, then realized it was quite different then I had expected.... I was looking for very fruity, sweet one that time and it had been at the first time, but it turned to flowery. Still I love it.

klmckendry
klmckendry

I love this!

Sampled as I left the chemist & didn't have time to think (work break run). Had to go back the next day. Couldn't miss out on this one. Yummy. Fresh & sweet. Has a nice kick to it that makes me feel very girly. Bottle is cute too :)

melahalley
melahalley

I love this perfume! It's warm and fruity and lasts incredibly long on me, over 12 hours! I do feel like it's a tad heavy for a summer fragrance, but it's perfect for fall and winter, rich and warm. I've gotten so many compliments when I wear this perfume.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This smells wonderful and very warm. It is popular but that is nothing to be held against it (at least it isn't a "celebrity" knockoff). I detected something warm and homey at first...apple, oranges and the sweet sandalwood , patchouli and tonka basenotes create an almost homestore candle like scent. Lasting power on myself was quite good though I understand how it may be fleeting at times. Warm (somebody with an elevated body temperature that is normal for them like myself) and healthy or oily skin might work better with this than dry or very dry. It is very affordable and makes a nice little addition to the perfume cabinet.

sweet chestnut
sweet chestnut

It smells good,I like it!, but I think is a very common scent, I smell it everywhere.

Red apple, sweet berries and something akin to datura. I'm guessing that's the night blooming cereus. The sandalwood seems to take the lead in this fragrance and only gets stronger as time passes.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

I really like this perfume. Unfortunately it does not last at all.

jimedoc
jimedoc

Love the smell, but it last nothing (on me at least)

Sugar419
Sugar419

I love this perfume. I think it smells great. I certainly wouldn't describe it as "Hot", but it's a great perfume no matter what it's called. The only problem I have with it is, it does not last. At all. Not on my skin, not on my clothes. Such a shame! It's very inoffensive, perfect for the office. Even more so when it completely disappears within an hour, lol. I still like it despite it's weak staying power.

Suzi
Suzi

I just very recently purchased it and I absolutely love it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is sweet, luscious and fruity all perfect notes for any perfume that appeals to me. The bottle and the name suit it perfectly one of the best from her recent fragrances so much nicer than just Pretty which I find quite sickly in comparison to Pretty Hot. I will definitely re purchase this one for sure if you like me, are a fruity floral girl this is a must have in my opinion
Lovely *****

tvu
tvu

I have Pretty, it is the usual friendly white floral 'office safe' day scent, whereas Pretty Hot is quite different. It has more fruit notes, more spice, more sweetness, thus it is fruitier sweet, more intense than Pretty. It is a well formulated scent and i think it does try to make a statement compare to Pretty. I noticed the top notes resemblance with Jennifer Lopez Live. I like Live fruity notes and thus I like this a lot too :)
The bottle is lovely so this one i will keep :)

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I have to agree with the other two below that mention if you like this you may not like Pretty. I tested them both and immediately liked this one better from the start. There is something that stands out to me, it is much more interesting. It is not your typical floral fruity scent but has a unique kick to it, I think its the red currant that really stands out. Sillage and longevity are about moderate. It's a safe non offensive scent you can wear out casually or to the office. Nothing fancy but good overall.

dulcette
dulcette

like Pretty, but with bubblegum!

hails_blogger
hails_blogger

I love this fragrance. It has a deeper fruitier smell than the original pretty. I agree with the person below if you like one you probably won't like the other. The original Pretty to me smells like another boring floral. Ive Never been a fan. It's definitely nothing that stands out. Whereas I can smell the fruitiness complex in pretty hot with the blood orange, currant, apple and mandarin orange. The only down side is that the scent doesn't last very long on my skin.

Debshee
Debshee

If you like Pretty, you probably won't like this. I love Pretty Hot and I detest Pretty so I totally understand. I was looking for something that was different from the fragrances in my collection. I'm a fruity sweet fan but wanted a hint of spice. The opening is just ok because there's a note I'm not crazy about. Fortunately, it fades in about 10 minutes. The drydown is where it blossoms into a beautiful fragrance. In a side by side test with Heat Rush, they smell different on me and Pretty Hot is a more complex, richer fragrance. It also lasts longer than Heat Rush. I like Heat Rush for casual trips to the mall. I wear Pretty Hot when I want to make a lasting impression. It's got a grown and sexy vibe without being heavy, musky and masculine.

larali
larali

I sniffed dozens of perfumes at the Sears counter today, and this was the ONLY one that did not repel me. Fresh, translucent and organic. Looking at the notes I can see why I liked it: currant, freesia and apple, some of my favorites. I'd say apple was dominant at first sniff. Can't speak for longevity or development. If it passes the wear test next time I pass through, it may become my next casual favorite.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

mom has this one sitting on her vanity and I will not lie, I used to spritz some on every now and then before I'd head to work. I like this! but I think it smells better on her then it does me. this scent smells alot like apples

dkny27
dkny27

Been on the hunt for newer undetected notes and came across, more like stumbled on Pretty Hot. The name didn't do much for me but I spritzed some on. I lingered in the store for about 40 min. This fragrance kept pulling me back. Wasn't crazy at first spray but as it developed the balmy, woodsy notes discreetly developed and I had to purchase. Not a fragrance I have smelled often on people, which is exactly what I was looking for.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

There's something about it I like... and something about it I don't. It's very citrus and rose. I kind of feel like it's a bit of a mature scent... not super "fun". I'd still wear it, but it's not my favorite.

poivrerose
poivrerose

Pretty Hot??? More like Pretty Zesty Citrus. It is a pretty citrus fragrance though. I just don't get any reference to hot. Spicy or otherwise. It starts out with sweet citrus and some floral essense. Blood orange, currant. It ends up a bright clean citrus on my skin. A bit bitter at the end -almost like lemon rind- and very clean, over a sandalwood base. I do actually like it. I just don't get the name. Fairly long lasting with a pleasant light sillage.

jennibean
jennibean

Dry down of this perfume smells like a bouquet of fresh roses!! So beautiful and sparkling!!!
Extra feminine and fresh. Very uplifting!! I love it!

Morgane08
Morgane08

I smelled this quickly on a card at Ulta today. It was very nice but it reminded me of Amor Amor (they even share the same color), and I still think Amor Amor smells better.

It is a warm scent in a lovely bottle, much warmer than its predecessor 'Pretty'. My only problem is the tacky name: 'pretty hot'

Archie_06
Archie_06

I didnt like it one bit. I had been looking forward to smelling this one, since i am a proud owner of the original Pretty and was having high hopes from this one as well. Unfortunately, this turned out to be extremely strong & sweet smelling and gives me a headache almost always! :(
The original Pretty is so much better!!

joannachia
joannachia

Oh my goodness i LOVE this!! I just got a whiff of this on a card as i walked through e department store, and i've fallen in love with it... It's just summery, fresh without being sickly-sweet, fruity, lively, with so much life in it, n did i mention, incredibly pretty smelling? :) greatttt job Elizabeth Arden! :)

I have't smelled the original Pretty (shame on me :(), but i think i'd prefer this... Just because more people wld probaly have Pretty and so i'd smell more unique! :D Plus Pretty sounds more floral? And i'm not a pure-floral girl, so this mix of floral-fruity-sunny-smelling perfume is perfect :) Anw i live in Singapore where it's summer all yr long, so this'll smell alright anyday :)

Plus, add the super-pretty bottle in eye-catcing fiery red, and i'm sold! :) Getting a bottle the next time I go by the store! Here's hoping they don't discontinue it :( It's really much more than just a summer fragrance... It manages to be amazingly sweet while being incredibly fresh at the same time, like lots of fruits that you've just taken straight out of a basin of water and are glistening fresh, and blended and then throw in a huge lot of sparkling ice cubes :) And sip this while you're sitting next to a rose or hibiscus bush... Ahhhhhh..

takeasniff
takeasniff

This does smell like Heat Rush by Beyonce but the drydown is more tolerablein Pretty Hot than Beyonce's. Beyonce's can get a funky smell happening that will only suit some people where as most people could wear Pretty Hot without it turning stale. They just may not like the perfume. Heat Rush to me can turn stale and sticky and musty. Pretty Hot you could wear in summer without that problem. I think it is way overprice here in Australia I have seen it for $90.00. That for Elizabeth Arden is rediculous. When it is cheaper I will get it but I will never pay such a price for a brand which is supposed to be accessible to middle income women it has totally lost the plot. They are trying to be expensive but everyone knows they are not. The perfumes just don't last long enough to pay that price nor are they interesting enough they are usually very safe and sometimes bland. This one is all I can ever find at the Elizabeth Arden counter they never have her other perfumes I have had to get them from the Chemist Warehouse or local chemists. Very strange.

roseredlolita
roseredlolita

I jsut bought this today and it's similair to pretty only stronger but not overpowering like I thought it would be great for summer.

Tiktak
Tiktak

This is a fabulous fragrance to reach for on a hot day. It has a very fruity finish to it but without all the sugary sweetness to it. I love my sweet and fruities too, but this has a nice crisp finish to it that makes it more wearable for work and more formal evenings out. Has a freshness to it rather than a I'm ready for a picnic vibe to it. I have to stay away from the perfume counters or I will be eating catfood when I retire.

cdz28
cdz28

At first wiff, I thought it was pretty nice. But once the fragrance started drying down, the scent just made me sick to my stomach. I don't know what it is about this combination that I really can't tolerate. I ended up giving a friend the bottle.

krissycat
krissycat

I'm not going to say I don't like this one. I'm just going to admit that smelling Pretty Hot only made me appreciate the original Pretty more. The original Pretty is so much better in my opinion and the strength, sillage, just overall scent is better with Pretty. Pretty Hot has a sexy element to it, BUT I can hardly smell it on my skin after blasting it about 4 times in the same area. I honestly can hardly smell it, and what I do smell is very common and familiar to me.. like 100 other scents I've smelled. Pretty is so much better because it's different, and now I remember how come I loved Pretty so much

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I tried this twice on my skin and really liked it. Unfortunately, it doesn't last on me at all. Lasted much better on the card, so it must be my skin. I liked it better than the original Pretty (had both on my wrists at the same time so I could compare). This one is more feminine and sensual, smells like a bunch of roses to me. In my opinion, it comes very close to Coco Mademoiselle (Chanel) except is it a bit lighter, a bit more airy. If it wasn't for the poor lasting power, I would consider buying it.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I had the opportunity to smell this 2nite @ Macys... I have 2 say it was actually very well done, a lil spicy a lil floral and a lil fruity makes for a well concocted juice... It ALMOST swayed me from buying Heat Rush but wut stopped me was the size available which was a 1.7 oz @ $52.00 vs a 3.4oz of HR @ $59.00... I chose the Heat Rush but when the 3.4 oz of this one becomes available i will be sure 2 purchase...

Pretty Hot, is the so-called sexier flanker originating from Pretty, a flowery, yet forgettable fragrance released in 2009.

Pretty Hot, is not that hot. While Pretty was a sweet, Spring-like floral, this fragrance is a little richer, spicier and better suited to colder weather, but it's no 'naughty' scent, at least in my opinion.

I wore this over the weekend, and on my skin it smelt rather fruity and potent. The blood orange and the apple notes tend to really stand out. I had a few compliments, yet I felt it was a tad too safe and girlish for me.

The peony, without fail, is always a bold floral note in every composition I've tried with this ingredient. In Pretty Hot peony features quite strongly, with subtle hints of pepper and patchouli, which attempt to make this fragrance more grounded and dark.

I wasn't expecting much, so I'm not bitterly disappointed in Pretty Hot. I didn't even know it was released until I walked past the Elizabeth Arden counter. I think, like Pretty, this fragrance will appeal to the younger market. Women will wear this if they enjoy it, however I doubt that it will succeed in making a full grown woman feel sexy. There are so many other sexier scents out there.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

The bottle is cute in person but this scent smells a lot like Beyonce's Heat Rush. Keep in mind that I haven't tried this on my skin yet but it starts off on paper very fruity smelling it starts to change like 5 minutes later, like Beyonce Heat Rush. The dry-down is where it starts to differ. It starts to smell......hotter, if that makes sense. I tested this like last week or the week before and I'll really have to test this on my skin to really give a more in depth review

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

I wasnt impressed with this at all i love the original Pretty but this fell flat nothing to get excitied over i will not be adding this one to my collection, it did have a pretty color to it though

Pretty Hot by Elizabeth Arden 3.89 out of 5 based on 172 ratings and 43 user reviews

PRETTY HOT for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
PRETTY HOT Elizabeth Arden Eau de Parfum Spray
PRETTY HOT Elizabeth Arden Eau de Parfum Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Pretty Hot, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pretty Hot by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pretty Hot by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.