Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Provocative Interlude Elizabeth Arden for women

Provocative Interlude Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

tropical
Provocative Interlude Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Provocative Interlude Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Provocative Interlude by Elizabeth Arden is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Provocative Interlude was launched in 2006. Provocative Interlude was created by Carlos Benaim and Loc Dong. Top notes are fruits, champagne and guava; middle notes are rose, orchid and mango blossom; base notes are cashmere musk, mahogany and white chocolate.

Fruits Champagne Guava

Mi Amore

Provocative Interlude Fragrance Reviews

Orshi
Orshi

I'm a bit surprised by the nice reviews, I really don't like this one. I can't smell any chocolate in it, just artificial smelling fruits. There's something unnatural about it, I've tried for a long time to like it but I just can't stand it. I have a huge bottle and as of now I'm going to use it as a room spray. Fantasy smells much much better, this one is 'old fashioned' somehow.

peachypixie
peachypixie

Creamy white chocolate, light fruity notes of grape, mango, and watermelon. I adore this scent. Once the heart opens up, you still get the top notes but with the addition of tangy floral (must be the mysterious orchid) and musk. I have not tried Fantasy, but I definitely prefer the bottle design of Provocative Interlude.

morgienow
morgienow

Wow is this good. Thank you so much, all you Fragranticans, for leading me to this. On me, this is definitely Fantasy all grown up. Confident, sexy, and fun. Love it!

Kimmy89

Finally I have this yummy scent!! I can't help but to keep sniffing my wrists when I wear this x absolutely LOVE the dry down. So white chocolatey!
I found it slightly similar to 5th avenue nights but without the fresh soapy aftermath. This is warm, sweet & scrummy. Only £15. 100ml. Fantastic. Gift from my beloved.
If you like your vanillary sweet scents without the cheapy, tacky sweetness, this is one to try!
X

Kimmy89

What a very pleasant surprise! I really expected this to smell a bit cheap seeing as it's compared to Fantasy, but soooo wrong.
It's feminine, a bit fruity and vanillary. It settles after about 2 minutes to a very nice and sweet white chocolate with hints of fruits and I definitely get champagne.
A lot more delicate than some of my other fragrances but it's on my Christmas list.
Yummy.

cvrlemicabeka
cvrlemicabeka

Got this one today and I realy like it. It was a blind buy, based on comments, so thank you all!!! It lasts long I only wish that aura is better, on me is soft to moderate.

sharyssa

These are sold at national liquidators warehouse in jersey city I didn't purchase because I've seen the bottles in there for years and I bought a bottle of fancy from there and it was old the color was dark but this has been out longer than fancy so no telling how long they had them but they are authentic they have a fragrance counter there and their lancome hypnose is also sold there 40.00 for a 1.7 oz. Good prices but just don't know how long their fragrances have been on the shelf that bottle of fancy was a lesson to me a waste of 30.00

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Provocative Interlude is yet another blind buy for me (after perusing the reviews for it and liking the sound of it!) and this one's a big winner for me, thank god!

I'd classify this as a sweetly sexy, womanly, classy gourmand as opposed to the ubiquitous sickly sweet, teenager-ish, celebrity type scents such as Fantasy, which I see this has been likened to a lot but in my opinion it's so much better than that. The sweetness in Provocative Interlude is more refined, soft and subtle, the fruits, white chocolate and cashmere musk intermingling perfectly to create a soft cloud of deliciousness that's never in-your-face or overwhelmingly sweet. On my skin there's also a freshness, cleanness and a slight powderiness in the drydown, and although I'm not normally a lover of powdery perfumes in this it's just a tinge so it's very subtle and not cloying at all.

I think this perfume is great for woman of any age, young or old, and can be worn absolutely anytime without causing disgust or horror to anyone relatively nearby (which would also make it ideal for office wear, etc)!

Provocative Interlude is now my fourth Elizabeth Arden perfume (I already have Provocative Woman, Arden Beauty and Splendor, all of which are also lovely perfumes) and, as with the others, this is much more expensive smelling than it actually costs (and I got my huge 100ml bottle for a startlingly low price of £13.95 online) and it lasts for ages and ages without having to reapply. It's one of my best perfume buys yet!

perfumemermaid
perfumemermaid

I just want to thank all of you fantastic people who give your opinion on fragrantica!. When I go shopping I always consult this website before buying. Today it paid off again. I found this sweet scent at Ross for $19.99 for 3 oz and did a quick check of all the reviews and decided to blind buy. I absolutely love it! It lingers beautifully. You guys ROCK.

sophia.mo.8
sophia.mo.8

I'm beginning to wonder if I had a bad bottle. It smelled purely like sweets, with only a suggestion of white chocolate in the dry down. I sprayed it on a relative to see if it was my skin chemistry and it seemed to smell the same. Way too sweet for me.

A very nice every-day-scent, but It doesn't go along with my skintype. Timeless - both for younger and middleaged women.

En härlig varje-dag-doft, men tyvärr funkar den inte med min hudtyp. Tidlös - både för tjejen och för kvinnan.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

To me this is all about chocolate,... chocolate... and more chocolate! Not in a bad way though... it is good! Very good!!
It's yummieliscious!!!
I can smell chocolate from the opening till the drydown,... it is sweet. Fruits and flowers are there, giving it just a gentle twist to keep it from being TOO sweet.
It has good sillage and lasts for 8+ hours on my skin...
I love it!

Voopie
Voopie

Just recived it!!! I love this one, a true beauty :)

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

This is opulent designer quality frag, very best of Arden. Such wonderful frag, used to be so cheap in Marshalls and had disappeared and now sells for over 100$. I loved it, had 2 big bottles, sweet and long lasting. Another discontinued masterpiece.
Update, just got my 3 bottle, so happy. It is really hard to find, thanks to a new swap buddy. Nadya.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

Quite punchy on first spray,smelling strongly of ripe fruits and mango blossom but then it does soften into a nice light gourmand scent suitable for everyday use. The cashmere musk and rose are the most noticeable notes on my skin, but you can also pick up the orchid and white chocolate as well. Excellent value for money too! If you enjoy something sweet and powdery, but don't want to smell like a candy store,give this one a try.

karenevachin
karenevachin

YUMMY SCENT!!

Wilka
Wilka

I bought it long ago and like wearing it from time to time in fall or winter and in the evening or night. It's feminine and nice.

june_shmily
june_shmily

this is amazing:) love love love this one..make me more confident and comfortable to start a new day in my life

Aspendina
Aspendina

finally was able to get ahold of this and its very sweet and i do like it alot, some similarites to Fantasy in the end but no fragracne is ever as strong or long lasting as Fantasy. Overall I really like this but don't love it.

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

Opening spray reminds me of BS Fantasy, but it isn't in your face. First sniff is creamy white chocolate, second sniff is some sour note, smells a little like liquorice mixed with the soft rose, third smell is a wonderful musky and soft delight and finally we get down to the delicious white chocolate again. Got a slightly used 50ml for £3.99 on ebay, so keep looking those who are after it! Can i just say the bottle is very pretty too, very girlie!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is totally delicious!!!! This is one of the most creamy yummy white chocloatey sweet perfumes I have smelled. I would almost classify this as a gourmand. Makes me want to eat my arm!!! If you like Fantasy by Britney Spears, Snooki & Aquolina Pink Sugar you will totally love this perfume! Sweet sweet and more sweet!!! Too bad it is so hard to find and so expensive!!! :(

Andressa
Andressa

Hello,
someone could tell me where I find this perfume. Some online store to make deliveries to Brazil that has?
I'm crazy about him and do not find anywhere!

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Perfect scent. It is a better, classier version of Fantasy. <3<3<3<3
Oh and it so well priced as well. Elizabeth Arden fragrances are really dang good much better than the overpriced designer fragrances.
I wish it wasnt discontinued though I mean they always have green tea that last all of 30seconds or red door which is a big 'no bueno' but they never have their good ones on the Elizabeth arden stands or their website.

cammellina85
cammellina85

If you like BS Fantasy, but you don't want to buy it because you cannot tolerate the idea of wearing something allegedly created by Britney, you should definitely go for EA Provocative Interlude...
I can't help it, I hate celebrity scents! Although some fragrances may be quite nice, I absolutely hate the packagings, which are usually tacky and not elegant at all...
If you are looking for a gourmand juice for wintertime, but you don't want to spend a fortune on it, Provocative Interlude may be a good solution. Also the bottle is pleasant and doesn't stand out as a tacky bottle of BS Fantasy does, making a poor impression of your vanity table!
Price: 10 euros for 50 ml EDP

suile
suile

Blind buy based on reviews here and I am not disappointed. Delectable white chocolate, fruits, hint of floral, just as everyone describes. Wearable anytime and anywhere, and a steal at £15.95, compared to some of the eye watering prices around at the moment, (to go with some of the eye watering fragrances, no doubt).

SBunny
SBunny

Juicy fruits covered in white chocololate with a hint of some floral notes to stop it becoming sickly. This fragrance is gorgeous. Just the right amount of fruits, floral and gourmand notes to make it more of a mature, soft, sexy sweet rather than the syrupy kind. Even though it's listed as an Oriental Vanilla which are usually best worn in the winter, I think think this fragrance is versatile enough to be worn for all seasons.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

This is an excellent gourmand fume!

On my skin, delicious mangoes and berries upon first application swim on top of orchids and roses. At the heart, a yummy blend of fruits, flowers, and creamy white chocolate warmly glow. It's sweet but not cloying. Very sexy and very well done.

Another successful blind buy thanks to you Fragranticans! :o)

takeasniff

Sorry ladies but I have another thing to get off my chest. I don't know in your countries but here in Australia I went to the Elizabeth Arden counter at Myer and thought well surely I can get her perfumes there. NO!! All they had was that Pretty and Pretty Hot and Green Tea. I mean really. Why don't they have her other perfumes as well. You used to be able to go to Macys or Myer or whatever and they had the lotions and the whole range. I asked the women on the counter about Red Door. She said with a rinkled nose "Oh no, we haven't made that in years." That sounds rediculous to me because it is still on the Arden website. So I cannot figure out why Pretty is all the rage and that useless Green Tea which lasts five seconds on the skin yet all her other perfumes which some are really good quality considering all things, are no where to be found except in huge discount chemist places. Does anyone know what the situation is there?

takeasniff

I cannot understand the perfume stores and chemists here in Australia. I cannot find this anywhere but Brittney's fantasy and curious is overloaded and heavily reduced. Fantasy is a little too young for me but this is perfect. Why do the stores always stock all the celebrity stuff this is so similar and better quality and inexpensive but they never have it!

Has it really been discontinued? Because I thought maybe I have to re-try it again.
My first impression was that this is a nice gourmand scent for all the Britney and Pink Sugar lovers. It's inexpensive and not too strong. I didn't like it at first but would have been willing to give a second chance.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Interlude is such a twin sister to Fantasy :-)
It is just as gourmand, the only difference might be that I can smell more woody notes in Interlude.
Interlude is a bowl of fruit topped with melted white chocolate.
To me - one of the best gourmand fragrances there are on the market.
Silage and lasting power are decent.
What a relief that Elizabeth Arden does not release fragrances that are all aimed at mature, serious, elegant women only, but makes some space for those young and young at heart ones!
Great blind buy - I knew I would love it!

rithacha
rithacha

I had this and could see why it is so loved. Provocative Interlude would appeal to fans of Britney Spears Fantasy because the fruity white chocolate is disarmingly similar. It's a sweet, feminine, and comforting combination. I think Provocative Interlude is like Fantasy grown up, because the white chocolate accord is accented with prominent florals. Whereas Fantasy is saccharin cotton candy sugar, Provocative Interlude is a melted creamy caramelized floral butter. Those feeling too teeny-bopper and unpolished wearing Fantasy may enjoy this more sophisticated perfume.

I used and enjoyed Provocative Interlude, but eventually had to sell it. Orchid is one note that I can't stand, and it was the most prominent floral on my skin.

twillocks
twillocks

Way too sweet for me I love Provacative Woman but not this.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Awesomeness thought I would enjoy this...and she was RIGHT!

This is such a delicate, fruity oriental vanilla. So amazingly comfortable on my skin as if it always belonged. The rose & orchid hangs out all the way to the drydown to meet that yummy white choclate. I also get musk, which can sometimes go very wrong on me, but this is soooo very right. Sexy without trying so hard. I love fragrances that can do that. Special kudos to ones, such as this, that can be worn all year round, too!

It's fresh & fruity enough for summer, yet great for getting cozy in the winter.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i used to have a try of this several times in the perfumestore, because i wanted so mutch to love it about the nice bottle and the notes listed. i hoped it will be a rich gourmand but no, all i could get was the the sweetness of strawberry and and white chocolate close to the skin :( to bad. i like it but it's too weak and simpel for me and it did not developpe in something special, on my skin it doesn't at least... very girly and innocent, not sexy.

guest_Bex
guest_Bex

I loved this perfume, and found a bottle (which I stupidly didn't buy) recently at Kohl's. Now I can't find it anywhere, but I bought a bottle of Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Nights today, and it smells so similar to me that I thought they might have simply rebranded it. Try it, even if it's not identical, it's lovely.

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Top Notes: Wild Berries, Sparkling Champagne and Guava Leaf.
Middle Notes: Sunset Orchid Accord, Mango Flower and Velvety Rose Petals.
Base Notes: White Chocolate Accord, Redwood and Cashmere Musk.

This was a blind-buy, based on reviews and notes and the worry that this could be hard to find these days.

PI starts strong with juicy berries, sparkling champagne and white chocolate. When it settles a bit the rose comes in to the picture. The base is warm and sweet mix of musk, white chocolate and light berries.
Beautiful, sweet, warm, gourmand, berryish, soft, creamy delicious...

The bottle is lovely and I think it suits the fragrance good. Purple lace is playfully sexy (black lace would be too much) and the curves of the bottle very feminine.

Highly recommend to gourmand lovers!

nyoka
nyoka

I tried to not to like this but try as I might,I couldnt help myself.Whats not to love?There r just enough fruits to make it sweet.I detected the mango blossoms from the very beginning.That lil bit of green from the not quite open ones cut out that too sweet note u sometimes get with fruits.its smooth,velvety,creamy and seems to have honey dripping from it.The white chocklate(My fav) adds to the romantic aura it has.Imagine fruit being dipped in creamy melted white chocklate and ur lover licking the excess of ur fingers.THAT kind of sexy.Its a shame u cant get it anymore.BUt,Ill bet if u look,theres some somewhere.I hope.Forgot to say the vanilla is the best most natural yet.

LenaBel
LenaBel

There are similarities between this one and Fantasy, mainly because of the white chocolate note which is quite strong in both of these perfumes.
However, I dislike Fantasy as there is something annoying about it, probably the orris root; while Provocative Interlude is really nice! It starts off a bit strong and smells like creamy vanilla liquor first (a bit like Baileys), then it settles down into delicious vanillic white chocolate. More gourmand than oriental vanilla! I really enjoyed it. A must try for vanilla and gourmand lovers.

It smells very much like Eat Natural Apricot and Yoghurt musli bar we have here in the UK. Try it to believe it.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I'm getting this next. I tried it at a store and perfect to me! I like every single one of Elizabeth Arden's perfumes that I've tried. I haven't tried them all but there are five or six at the top of my list of favorites just from her. She, or whoever conjures up her various scents are realistic and pleasant in every way. Impressive so far!

suway
suway

provocative interlude is first perfume i tried by E.A. and i totally loved it.

Malibu

Damn it! I normally don’t like EA’s own name fragrances, so I’d avoided PROVOCATIVE INTERLUDE until it had been discontinued, only to then pick up a bottle from EvilBay and discover that I absolutely love it…

PROVOCCATIVE INTERLUDE is always mentioned as a grown up version of Britney’s Fantasy or Thierry Mugler’s Angel, so it surprised me with its lightness. I was expecting something stronger & sweeter.

PROVOCATIVE INTERLUDE is a mild mix of creamy vanilla, berries and rose on me. The sweet notes lend comforting warmth, minus the sugar rush I was expecting; there is chocolate in the base, but I find it more milky, then coca-rich.

PROVOCATIVE INTERLUDE knows where to draw the line between pleasantly ‘come closer’ sweet and ‘child’s first perfume’ syrupy sensory overload.

I do get the Fantasy references, but I wouldn't say that PROVOCATIVE INTEREUDE is a scent-a-like; whilst it uses some of the same scent notes, there are quite a few differences.

I first started wearing this during the hottest days of the year, yet it wasn't sickly or cloying on me. PROVOCOTIVE INTERLUDE is a fantastic all year round scent with good staying power, at a reasonable price & a gorgeous bottle.

I’m going to be haunting EvilBay for more bottles…

mandashell
mandashell

This one is so soft and sexy. I agree 100% with those who say this is the grown up version of Fantasy. I love it and receive compliments on it all the time. What I love most is how perfectly balanced the fragrance is. It isn't too strong or light, too woody or too fruity. It is perfect for any time of the year. The lasting power is great as well. I highly recommend it. ;')

Malibu

If you can't find this, keep an eye out for Escada MAGNETISM - they're very similar...

yayank
yayank

yes i get mine today after i order and wait for a few days
i love the scent its flirty and sweet

I've been looking for this one for a long time and God,to my nose this is very similar to lolita!they are both sweet,with hints of violet.but this one is less sophisticated than lolita.
I really love the bottle and the smelling.this perfume deserves all of good reviews which are made about it and it'll satisfy oriental-vanilla lovers.
it starts with fruity notes,though the chocolate is still touchable and the dry down is all about vanilla.
I like it much more than provocative woman and I think it's more girlish,though it can be wore at any age,as there isn't anything childish with it and my mum likes this one more than provocative too.
I see some people here claim it's discontinues.I don't if it's for sure or not,but today I tested it in a store and doesn't seem to be gone.by the way it's a pity if it;s discontinued.I just got to know it and if I didn't have lolita,I would buy this one for sure(maybe after my 100 ml of lolita finishes,I do so?!)

Hey guest-Kathy! ;') you can order a large bottle for $34 on e-bay. That includes the shipping. I am ordering mine today based on the reviews here so you should hurry up and order too before they are all gone. ;')

scentnature
scentnature

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WHAT!!?? I can't believe they discontinued this. I loved it so much. My mom had bought this for herself and I tried it one time and i kept coming back for more. i'm usually one's who get terrible headache with any perfume if I over do it, BUT this one I can't seem to get enough. It's like a drug for me. i will look everywhere where this is available and stock up.

luz
luz

Very similar to Fantasy, but classier. I really like it.

guest_kathy

it would be nice if anyone can suggest something that is close to this? just in case I finished my 4 small bottles, I can find a replacement? ;)

guest_kathy

I really really LOVE this perfume... And I am really sad that Elizabeth Arden has let go of this. Before I used to buy in 2's because whenever I go to the store they are out of stock most of the time. But now I am having a hard time finding it in the market.. Love the lasting smell of powdery vanilla baby like scent.. ;)

charlie
charlie

what a beautiful fragrance... so sweet but naughty... love it.! i bought two of this...

sharyssa

Smells spicy sweet like escada magnetism. I would buy for a good price but it is not on my wish list.

louyse
louyse

A perfect 10!! To me this perfume may be worn for every season. Wonderful
smell of champagne, mango flower, cashmere musk. One of my favorite in
my collection.

LauraM
LauraM

Very sweet and girly, much better than Provocative Woman.

I use it every now and again around spring and summer time.

essija
essija

I like this its flirty and sweet. I get alot of the white chocolate. Its better than fantasy not quite as sweet but that is what it reminds me of. I grab this one quite often... A little goes a long way, spray with caution. This will make you feel young and girly.

dolita
dolita

i love vanilla scent but that one is sweet vanilla like fruits and too strong not quite

reento

simply delicious

mm...!!

guest_viven
guest_viven

You want sweet, too sweet but warm and comfortable, this is the right one.

Provocative Interlude by Elizabeth Arden 4.02 out of 5 based on 195 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Provocative Interlude fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Provocative Interlude, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Provocative Interlude by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Provocative Interlude by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.