Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Provocative woman Elizabeth Arden for women

Provocative woman Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Provocative woman Elizabeth Arden for women Videos
Provocative woman Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Provocative woman Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Catherine Zeta-Jones’ seductive walk and beauty were an inspiration to creators of this exciting and egzotic new fragrance from the house of Elizabeth Arden. Top notes include quince, water lotus, and ginger lily. Heart note is composed of midnight orchid, papaya blossom and pink freesia. Base notes are white sand notes, Hinoki wood and red amber. Provocative woman was launched in 2004. Provocative woman was created by Jean-Marc Chaillan and Loc Dong.

Quince Raspberry Ginger Peach Lotus

Apricot Pink Freesia Orchid Papaya

Amber Sandalwood Hinoki Wood Cedar White Tea Red Amber

Deauville
Inspire

Provocative woman Fragrance Reviews

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I've had this perfume for years, but for the life of me, I can't remember ever using it. It's named Provocative Woman? Hmmm. Well, that's a little far-fetched. I pass this over time and again because the bottle is very plain. It doesn't call out to me like Lolita Lempicka or Escada bottles. It's boring and it's always there, like some afterthought. I can't imagine the juice inside being anything exciting. Maybe one day I'll find out.

Tine1world
Tine1world

Such wonderful and thought provoking reviews you fellow 'Fragrantica' members have written . Well Done!

I have this, though I did purchase it some time ago and it still seems fairly virile despite it's age.

The bottle version I have is the deep violet painted on one side which sadly chips quite easily. I just fill in the chipped specks with a permanent marker to keep the bottle looking somewhat decent. I actually saw the clear version on sale last summer for 7 aussie dollars at "Price Line' for a 100 mill EDP. That was crazy . CHEAP.

Anyway, getting back to this fragrance. I can't really top or elaborate on what's been written except to say. Upon first whiff, this fragrance reminds me of nearly all of those wanna be perfumes floggering Celeb's fragrances under Celeb names. It's like 'Provocative Woman' was used as a prototype fragrance for many of those fragrances in the fruity floral woody range.

That's saying something positive in that this fragrance is the one to aspire to. I feel the naming of this a little cheesey. I think Mamsell Arden should have left the name at 'Provocative'.

Like other 'Ellie Arden' Fragrances, this one also has that ability to out perform many more expensive fragrances on longevity. This is not like her other fragrances at all, and seeing that there's only one spin off, more or less the least popular.

I loved what I read about the Japanese experience with the 'Hinoki' wood note. Those reviews were absolutely enchanting. The bottle design seems to reflect this too in the shape and design reminding me if the simple geometric pagoda and or Japanese footwear design. Simple and elegant.

The actual fragrance itself smells like late Winter cherry Plum tree blooms in Victoria, when the nature strips in some suburbs are in full bloom with 'Cherry Blossoms', the streets are pink and frothy, the footpaths a pink cloud with soft petals and very oriental.

Yes fellow 'Fragrantica' reviewers. Thank you. Cheers T.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I find this one has an aquatic note along with rose and spices. It's one of those hard to place fragrances that I like. It is a little old ladyish and reminds me of First by VanCleef and Arpels.

magie
magie

I was given this as a birthday present by my sister. She knows that I love perfume. I do love the name of the perfume and the box is great. I also love the shape of the bottle. The juice inside is just not for me. It does have at first, a clean, fresh floral scent. I can smell the ginger and the lotus. On the right person it would make a nice daytime scent,not to strong or spicy. I don't smell spicy at all. The problem for me is that it does'nt last at all. The siliage isn't good either. If this scent works for you it would make a good office scent. It does remind me at first of Ellen Tracey Inspire,but Inspire last a lot longer on me and has a very nice dry down.

shasta
shasta

I love this. It is easy to dismiss because it seems unspectacular at first but it is something really nice. I think of it as a sophisticated pfruity floral for grown women. I am constantly catching wonderful whiffs of this stuff. Not heavily spicy, but it's still an oriental. The fruit provide a delicious richness without being sweet and syrupy. This is the only fume that EA makes that I like. My sister thinks she wears better perfume than me (all she has is J'adore. You should have seen her craning her neck to see what that wonderful perfume I was spritzing when we went out to celebrate my b day! This has great sillage and longevity. Great for evening or even during the day,

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Wore this for a few hours this morning, and was a bit underwhelmed. It had a spicy tartness that surprised me, like gingery grapefruit. I did not get any sandalwood, which I was hoping to smell. The blue bottle is a little deceiving--I expected something deep, rich, and nocturnal; this was fairly light and more of a daytime scent on my skin. Longevity was about 3 hours, projection modest.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

I am very suprised at how good this perfume smells. Its truley delicious and womanly.

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

I think this is more of a mature scent. It's sexy in a previous generation kind of way. I like the spiciness of it but there is an odd stinging note in there that really ruins it for me.

I personally do not find this one that seductive...

Thurea
Thurea

I'm surprised to see so few people ticking the 'love' category for this one. Don't get me wrong, it's far from being the best perfume out there, but that first impression, that first whiff from a family member passing by and me going "What is THAT?" - wow. It leaves a great first impression. Totally unique. It's the quince, I think, that tiny, yellow fruit-thing that I could literally attempt to shove up my nose all day to smell. It's that addictive to me.

Out of my eye, I spy someone saying this reminds them off Davidoff's CW. I'm shocked. My mom wore CW for 20 years and I smelled it every day, and hated it (She even tried to convert me by gifting me several bottles over time) - watery fragrances makes me run away faster than a kid let loose in Disney Land. This is all sexy, sharp (probably mildly headache inducing to some) and probably the only fragrance I've ever immediately categorized as 'evening' that has sweet fruits, berries and ginger in it.

Yeah, don't let the note list fool you. This is a dark beauty, a lady in her best evening wear, dark and mysterious without the usual spicy and oriental scents you'd usually associate her with. It's a formal fragrance I feel could be worn by just about anyone, from mid-teens to the lovely ladies who are +50.

The sillage is pretty decent for a scent of its price tag, and the lasting power is in the moderate to heavy end. It's pretty much a steal.

If you're the least bit intrigued, don't pass it up. You may not like it, but definitely get a sample, see for yourself. It might surprise you, like it surprised me.

joliecat
joliecat

WOW ! I'm amazed at how much I LOVE this scent ! I usually prefer fragrances with strong projection, but this one is a close to skin scent. It's super long lasting on my skin. I put it on yesterday at noon, and it's still going strong this morning !
I have the bottle with one side flat black. At first, I was not sure I would like Provacative Woman. It is so very very different, and I was afraid it would be bitter, but it is not bitter at all.

When sprayed, Provacative leaves an oily sheen on skin. This scent envelopes me with a soft yet very deep rich smooth Hinoki wood cloud. It's an unusual wood, not like anything I've experienced before. Not dark, not light, not heavy, not too sweet, just very pleasant, deep and rich, with no sharp edges.

Though marketed a feminine scent, and with no cedar or pine smell, I think this one could easily be unisex. Don't let the name "Provacative Woman" stop males from trying this one. The Hinoki wood and the sandalwood in it is a beautiful mix. Expertly blended, Provacative could easily be mistaken for a high priced niche fragrance.

I can understand why some reviewers say this is a mature scent. It's certainly not modern, not fruity, not very sweet, not light. But since it's a skin scent, I enjoy wearing it . I think it can work for other young people who enjoy rich unusual wood fragrances. I would suggest that people should try a sample first.

Most unusual, pleasing, non offensive, richly deep woody scent I own ! I just can't get enough ! Beautiful, unique, smooth, highest quality, smells expensive. For me, definitely a favorite and a keeper !

EDIT : AMAZING ! I've NEVER had so many compliments in one morning ! I was out shopping , wearing Provocative Woman, and 6 different strangers, 3 young teen boys, an older man, a young woman, and an older woman, stopped me to say they thought I smelled great, and wanted to know the name of my perfume ! I'm thrilled ! Guess this one does project after all ? Good thing, because I'm becoming addicted to it !

lirael00
lirael00

Arrr, I'm so angry with all of the Elizabeth Arden perfumes, because they just don't last. No matter which one I try they always fade away after one hour. It's the same with this one. I really liked the smell and everything and wanted to explore more, but there's nothing to explore because it fades away so fast. That's the provocative side of this perfume and it really irritates me, cause I smelled so much potential here. At least it's quite cheap so you can respray yourself every hour and don't feel bad about wasting it.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A delightful amber-infused scent that can sit close or further depending on how you spritz with a hint of ginger and a slight peppery nuance in its' character. Provocative is a sophisticated perfume that embodies unique and unusual wood scents uncommonly found in todays' scents. I like the unusual and this fits that category perfectly. Lotus notes are deeply ensconced in its ethereal watery qualities. It's not floral, nor is it a deep, dark, mysterious wood of the forest. This is a unique wood, the kind that you might be shopping for in a custom furniture gallery in SoHo and you inhale the grainy woods around you that have lovingly been carved, oiled and molded by artisans. Unique lemony green scents from the Hinoki Wood, a Japanese cypress, stay strong throughout the duration of this perfume. Hinoki Wood is a prized wood used for palaces, temples and shrines, so I'm not surprised that using it in a perfume would be heavenly. This is really quite a beautiful surprise for wood lovers because of its uniqueness. Sophisticated, airy, and deeply erotic, Provocative turns out to be a mature choice for the right individual. Sensual lines and curves form the bottle with its seemingly juxtaposed look. When you look at the clear bottle in a certain way, you see two images. Longevity is at least six hours, a definite plus for perfumes made today. A excellent choice for year-round wear.

joan100
joan100

A nice fragrance that brings back memories. It has a good balance of everything in terms of florals, woody, spicy and fruit.

mhubbard

Nor fresh-spicy. Not. OK I'm done.

mhubbard

Just to be clear, this is neither floral nor sweet nor fruity. I don't understand who writes these notes and descriptions , but no.

mhubbard

No, I do not care for this scent, not even a little, a definite dislike. Spicy with nothing pleasant to balance. No pretty floral notes, smells like a bottle of prunes. Just smells like boring old -fashioned perfume, which is never a compliment. I bought several sample sprays which I think I may throw out. I wish I could give a better description of the notes I don't like. Woody without being interesting. Sorry, no can do.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

The jury is still out on this one...

At first I get a watery sort of freshness from the lotus and a little juicy peach. Despite the fact taht quince is listed as the most noticable note according to votes I really don't get any of the sweet citrus I usually associate with quince. I also don't get much ginger... Sandalwood is one of my FAVORITE notes in a perfume. I don't really smell a whole lot of it in the perfume.

Even though this doesn't smell even close to what I expected, it is still nice. There isn't anything that I would interpret as provocative, but it is fresh and feminine and womanly. I would have expected something with a lot more "va-va-voom" from something with the stunning Catherine Zeta Jones as the inspiration, though :)

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

I bought this n keep in my car for emergencies. It's not my favorite but it's still very nice, a bit dark n exotic. It is fruity/flowery w something extra that gives it an unique depth, an unusual elegance. When I smelled LADY GAGA FAME I thought I had smelled it before n then remembered PROVOCATIVE. To my nose, they are very similar, tho this is less sweet, more mature, like GAGAs older more serious sexy sister that works in finance!

katoy4
katoy4

Best blind buy ever. The more I wear it, the more I love it and I even find myself craving it sometimes after I've switched to something else for a few days. The combination of the mysterious woods with the not-too-sweet fruits and clean florals is just perfect for me. It even got a compliment from a stranger, which is a pretty rare experience for me - when we were boarding a shuttle to the airport a man sat up, smiled, and then looked at my husband and said "Oh! Your wife's perfume smells really good" - and I had put it on four hours before. This might become my signature and I'm already tempted to go back and buy another bottle as a backup.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

I received the 3.3 fl. oz. Provocative Perfume as a X-Mas gift. On a scale of 1 to 5, have to rate this one a 3. Not one of my absolute favorites. Quite suitable for Fall & Summer Evenings! Perhaps a Business Date? Notes in this fragrance are: midnight orchid, papaya blossom, & pink freesia. Once I use this perfume up, I don't intend to purchase it. Too mature & heavy of a fragrance for me.

naomigirl11
naomigirl11

I thought I bought the provocative interlude but I actually got this one instead at winners on sale at 8$ for a 30ml. I'm not a huge fan of this scent...it smells ok but just not my taste. I think it would be more suitable for an older or mature woman. I'm definitely returning this one.

sophia.mo.8
sophia.mo.8

It has a lot of my favourite notes, I was particularly excited by the ginger. It looks right up my alley on paper but when I tested it, it was both powdery and sharp. I even got a whiff of something slightly carroty (Iris?). I'll be using it to spice up my regular rotation, though I can't see myself wearing it on it's own.

cdred
cdred

I really do like this one. It is quite strong on me but still it does smell very nice. I have Romance Always Yours by Ralph Lauren & the ginger in this really reminds me of that perfume. Not too bad a 3 out of 5..

Shorokh
Shorokh

Nice promising beginning with quince and lotus. 20 minutes later +orchid and +sandal. No rare listed ingredients detected: no hinoki wood, no pink freesia, no papaya blossom.
Lasting power? Shame. Nothing stays on my skin, just nothing - I tested with the help of my friends` noses. Then I tried to use it as a car freshener, I made around 15 sprays there inside. The result: 1 hour later my girlfriend didn`t even notice. I really think now to use it as a toilet air freshener, please forgive me all the lovers of this strange brew.

ggkeller
ggkeller

SHORT lasting power thats the only thing that keeps me for loving it. Smells nice.

killer__queen
killer__queen

Long before my Fragrantica days and the result of my perfume collection growing constantly (hehe), this used to be my signature scent.

It's really great for any situation, except maybe a hot summer day or night (too powdery for that IMO). Spring day, it's fresh and soft with blooming florals. Winter night, it dries down to a lightly woody, powdery, soft/spicy scent. It's great for the office, going out, formal events, anything. When I walk around downtown it makes me feel like I'm on the catwalk, all eyes are on me, and portrays me in a powerful/respectable light-- Kinda fun :)

I layer it with the lotion of the same scent and it lasts for almost six hours. Without, maybe 4 and a half. The sillage is a small personal space bubble when applied and within arms length after drydown.

As far as the bottle goes, all the sides are clear but the flat back can be purple or clear. When I've bought single bottles at Macy's, they were purple. When I bought the Christmas Box Set at Kohl's, it was clear (AND 4.2 ounces :D)

ozhatoz
ozhatoz

definitely,long lasting power . I love it.

Nursie
Nursie

I find it ok for the daytime to go out shopping but would never wear it to work and definitely not in the evening. To me it smells like the pricetag....cheap....with a sharp Avon-like edge to it. Not one of Arden's best.

derkargy
derkargy

Sorry for the Arden house,but I think this is truly bad.Shame for the bottle and the packaging.

stardust808
stardust808

my bottle is completely clear 1.7 oz eau de parfum and i get NOOOO spice at all?!?? what i get reminds me of EA beauty. i purchased this blind from a reputable retail chain store so i don't doubt it's authenticity but why doesn't mine smell like the reviews here??? i'm confused and disappointed. it's sweet, clean, and floral but that's it...nothing more. no amber, no ginger, no sandalwood. is this reformulated perhaps because i remember this scent and what my bottle has isn't what i think it should be. it's not bad but not what i was anticipating...=( i'm going to try this again and i hope this was a fluke and maybe just the first sprays being a bit off from sitting around in the store...oy i hope it gets better

angelleew
angelleew

I bought this a while ago, in the summer--which was totally not the time to try it. So I have waited, then I forgot I had it, and it stayed hidden in a box under a sweater. I remembered it, and when I did it was nearly summer. So I made a mental note. After reading many reviews on this site, and realizing that my tastes change with the seasons I decided to wait until it was fall and give it a try. I am SOOOOO glad that I did. One reviewer wrote that you should always give a new perfume at least 3 chances.

At first, there is a freesia monster clubbing me in the face, but it disappears pretty quickly, like with in 15 mintues that monster has fled, but then an amber ghost comes in.

This is a Hinoki Woods powerhouse on me. Being half Japanese, I recognized the scent instantly--now that it is cooler and less humid, I am able to figure out what it is. The amber gives it a bit of a sour smell on me. However, after an hour in on this, the amber has disappeared. It is now a woody, warm, slightly sweet, and spicy scent. It smells a lot like a warm, sweet Japanese incense...not quite like Nag Champa [which is not Japanese, I know], but has a very Buddhist temple feel to it. I am really loving this scent. I wish I could describe the notes, but I am sitting in a warm cloud of powdery, incense-ie goodness.

Words that come to mind are mysterious, spicy, mesmerizing, sexy, confident. Amber and patchouli hardly ever blend well with my system. Oddly enough, this scent has a hint of both in it, although patchouli is not mentioned. The red amber and the hinoki wood may blend this way on me. Which is awesome, since I love patchouli but can't wear it.

There is a salty hint to it, a note that strikes me in the nose like the ocean after a storm. Not so much a scent I can describe, but one that I recognized the feel of. As of yet, there are no flowers that I am aware of, but perhaps someone with a better nose can sense it. I am not very familiar with orchid, that may be part of the spicy scent. When I see 'floral' in a perfume description, I think white flowers-- lilies, gardenias, roses, which is probably some weird knee-jerk reaction to the word. More emotion based than experience based. I have some pretty hard core allergies, and usually florals make my nose run and I sneeze. I wear them anyway, but Provocative Woman has no flowers in it that I am allergic to, so perhaps that is why I don't think I smell them!

I think the sillage is pretty good, my dad could smell it from about 4 feet away. He looked puzzled about the scent until he realized it was me, "You smell like Japan."

I'll have a while to wait to see how long it lasts!
EDIT: It disappeared rather too quickly for me, like in 2 to 4 hours. I do really like a longer lasting scent. However, what is left after 4 hrs is a very light powdery Hanoki wood, almost to the point of baby powder, and that is close to the skin. We'll see, it may just be my system adjusting to the scent.

re-EDIT : It is no longer a strectch, after trying this off and on for two months now, I get Hot Couture Collection #1. It is not quite up there, but it's close. The scent is developing more quickly, and lasting longer-- depending on how cold the bottle is when I put it on! And now I realize what is SOOOO familiar about this scent, more than the Hanoki, it reminds me of a sexy powerhouse perfume that was spicy, warm, and sexier than this one. A keeper if you miss HC#1, but I still wish the Givenchy role-model was not discontinued.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Sexy scent that I really love...it is warm, fruity, spicy and floral all at once. I wear this often in the evening when going out. Never ever fails to get a comment from someone...a positive comment. Good stuff.

misschic
misschic

I had this a long time ago and the smell did not work for me at all. Really bothersome.

Chitra
Chitra

Got many compliments. i started using it after a long time....does make your presense felt....naice

Voopie
Voopie

I love thos one:)

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

This is very nice! Very fruity, floral, watery, soft, light. Very feminine. Great staying & projection power. It smells a lot like Mary Kay Bella Belara & J Del Pozo Halloween Fever. I like!

ArsAnima
ArsAnima

I really took my time before starting to write this review, because Provocative was a blind buy, guided by the reviews on this site and i wanted my remarks to be accurate enough to help readers make a decision.

First impression when applied on me: i feel a beautiful blend of fruits. I tend to see fruity perfumes suitable for a younger segment of consummers, but this is somehow ripen, mellow( not girly, not old-fashioned), and vivid . There is also a touch of floral notes. These two -fruity and floral- create a pleasant smelling fume, that, nontheless, does not have the "je ne sais quoi" that i was looking for.
I also want to note that, in about one hour, no trace of perfume is left, and i never get to its second phase.

When applied on my mother: 1. the same fruity impression. 2. it starts to change its smell after two hours. It looses its fruitiness and becomes a bit sweet, more floral and also a bit woodsy. Very nice.
It lasts for about 4 hours and it can be felt from 2 metres.

I should underline that, when i wear it, i don't feel it, yet other persons notice its presence.
I think that it can be worn by women from their 20s to as-long-as-coquetry-lasts.

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

A pleasant, fruity floral with nothing to make it stand out from the gazillions of others out there. It does have a really good, juicy raspbery and peachy phase about an hour into it though. The horrible Elizabeth Arden ruiner note is prevalent upon spritzing for a few minutes, but to my relief it faded quickly. Overall no reason not to give it a thumbs up, but no reason to recommend it either.

Fragaria

I think this scent is everything 5th Avenue is except this is a touch sweeter and younger, with more personality. It's one to have if you've a collection. I'm still shocked this perfume isn't loved by more people. This is "thee" perfume that set off my illness (perfume addiction). As soon as I saw the bottle, I felt that certain something...like a true drug. The smell put me into a fantasy world, a perfect world that I didn't want to leave. This is so expensive smelling to me. If I were to meet with royalty, I would wear this fragrance. This is truly womanly, refined, delicate, pretty, and soft. It's strong in the sense it lasts forEVER. This would give me confidence in such a situation. I would expect to be asked what sent I was wearing. I just can't believe my eyes when reading the negative reviews. There must be a "rescue" for abused old bottles of this stuff! I will foster my share until we find good homes for them!

leila_mic
leila_mic

A very interesting fragrance, but also very sexy ... powerful, joyful and feminine, warm

I can wear it everytime I feel so, it's great!
And it lasts forever

Sabz22...
Sabz22...

I loved it!! Although too much can give you a headache... Makes you feel sexy and worth a million dollars!!

Adwan
Adwan

it does provoke me... i think you woman succeeded in your mission ... Adwan out and over...

P.s. : getting this to my Fiance.

nananessa
nananessa

I found an unused bottle .33 fl. oz. EDP spray at a yard sale for $3 so I got it since I liked the smell of it from the bottle. I didn't know the name of it but I like other EA fragrances I have tried, too.

My bottle has one dark side, being on the only side that is a completely straight rectangle. It evokes the straight, statuesque quality of a self-assured woman. The interesting shape with the rest of the sides holding clear glass that is molded into a thought-provoking curve, maybe of a woman's body---maybe the sensuous curve of a breast, or even the femme fatalle's curvaceous waist...and then the angle of viewing the bottle makes very interesting prisms into the bottle, a very faceted & multi-dimensional glass scuplture, IMHO. The design of the bottle speaks a lot to me & I wish I had a BIG version of it. I just love it!!!

As to the name of the fragrance, yes, I agree with so many others as posted here about that. Maybe if they wanted to somehow use the word "Provocative" they could have researched that word & implications to something like "Provocateur" or such. I do not think the name of it is a good choice.

I find this to be a nice fragrance, a refreshing spin on my fave group, the orientals. It surprised me somewhat in it's opening, which seems very strong, quite intense with the refreshing quince, sweet lotus & spicy ginger lily, orchid, freesia, more fruity refreshing with sweetness of peach & apricot, sandalwood & amber dancing around so softly as if to tease. Within just a few minutes, it begins to transition to the heart. I noticed the bridge to the heart is distinct on my skin, within 15 minutes.

The heart holds the sweet fruity-floral quality but it has softened a lot & I begin to notice the berry in it more. This lasts maybe about 2 hours.

The drydown is very nice, amber, sandalwood & cedar begin to really awaken as if they had been hiding like a slow smouldering fire. Now they are soft, sweet, almost powdery, only enhancing all the other notes that much more.

It is one of those fragrances that is very interesting as it morphs through it's phases. Its very pleasant with my chemistry, IMO it is a nice change for my collection but would not be a signature fragrance for me. It is rather sweet, IMO.

The sillage is moderate & longevity pretty good at 5-6 hours for me. To me this is a "safe" anytime fragrance but one that lacks that UNIQUELY UNUSUAL something that stands out that I love so much. But I will enjoy using my little bottle!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Sweet n' spicy warm floral. Something about it smells way too common. Provocative NOT, mainly for evening occasions yes. Think of Britney Spears scents add some spice and amber, that's all there's to it.

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

I have the deodorant spray of this scent, and I absolutly love it. I would love to try the edt as well. I just didn't have the chance yet.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I saw this at Ross super cheap so I bought it. Not my favorite and I will tell you why-for me to like a fragrance it has to have some sweetness to it otherwise its a no for me. This is light and sheer oriental, that is rather woodsy with a hint of spice. Its actually quite pleasant if you like this sort of a scent. I don't so I will pass it along to my mom who tend to like woodsy florals. Lasting power is couple of hours, it doesn't have much siliage.

If you would like a comparison, it reminds me of Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari, as a matter of fact if you want a cheaper alternative to Jasmin Noir, try this, its pretty close to my nose. Another one that would resemble Provocative Woman is Carlos Santana fragrance. I had it before(blind buy) and I passed it along to my mom as well.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

This was very nice, a spicy yet fresh smell. I liked it, but didn't love it due to it's staying power. Could be nice on a summer night for those who prefer lighter scents.

dbrii24
dbrii24

A sexy, spicy floral. I just wish it were stronger and had better silage. It's a wonderful scent but it does lack commitment so to speak. It's as if it intended to be dangerously sexy and spicy but it couldn't follow through. LushyLori is right, it's missing that "kick" The beginning of this fragrance's story begins a little rocky...fresh, crisp nothing too special. However, after about 10 minutes it turns into a spicy, fruity little number and after about an hour it matures into a seductive fragrance perfect for a real woman...a provocative one ;)

Con: Doesn't last long at all and has a weak projection! Shame...I wont be buying again for that reason only.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Top notes reminded me of J'Adore. Gets too masculine for my taste as it dries down.

Lushylori

This is a really nice perfume but I expected a little more kick considering the name is "Provocative Woman".
I think it smells much too safe for its name but regarless of that...I still enjoy the smell.
It smells very typical in the Elizabeth Arden collection.It seems to me that a lot of Arden scents smell similar but with a few notes changed.
I do however enjoy most of her perfumes though :)
I think this perfume would be enjoyed by most and my man loves it but if you are purchasing this one for the name,,you may be disapointed because like I said..Its very safe :) Definitely worth owning for sure though :)

mercy eve
mercy eve

I like this perfume alot..nice,fresh n clean,suitable for the day.

giorgiana
giorgiana

I`ve just bought it blindly and I must say I´m rather disapointed. It smells nice, fresh and floral, but noting more. I expected a more sophisticated scent. It is a little intoxicating in the first few seconds, synthetic smell but develops into a nice floral smell.
Maybe because of my skin Ph or smth but on me it doesn´t last long. I´m not able to smell it after 1-2 hours.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Less provocative and more clean, fresh, just jumped out the shower kind of fragrance. I do like it though.

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I used to work for Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics back when this fragrance was introduced onto the market. At first I wasn't a fan, too floral. But now that I'm a bit older and wiser I decided to give it a second chance. I'm glad I did. At first spray it's sharp, but after it dries and meddles with the skins natural scent its actually very grown-up and lovely. I have so many candy-scented fragrances, this is a fabulous change-of-pace for me. So glad I decided to give it a 2nd chance. So lovely are the notes of lotus, amber, and raspberry. It's sexy and not apologizing for it. Love it.

This must be one of the most vile, putrid and repulsive scents ever in my book! I tried only once and I'm not sure why I got this reaction, but that was enough to keep me far from this quite known perfume.
Now I'm very curious again about trying it. I often completely change my mind after second try. So you never know! I will test it again for sure!
The commercial is fun!

Lushylori

Just bought a giant Bottle blindly off of Ebay and I must say that I'm Pleased :)

lafantasy
lafantasy

very beautiful..loved it all the way...used to last all day on me..can't seem to find it anywhere these days except online..which takes far too long for me to wait for...

this is nice, but ordianry. there are lots of notes, but it still ends up smelling like a slightly spicy floral. for me the fruits don't really stand out too much. it smells very good when first sprayed and then tames right down to almost a skin scent on me. nice, but average. lasts about 2 hrs on me and i can still smell it faintly. i wore it during the day, but i think it could also be worn at night if you wanted something a little subdued for evening.

katienchris
katienchris

i don't find this synthetic at all and i find almost every scent in stores synthetic(pregnancy hormones) I really like it the smell coming up from where i sprayed on my arm...reminds of what forbidden euphoria shouldve smelled like all the way thru. Unfortunate for me forbidden dried down soapy/powdery...this one stay like the opening and heart of forbidden euporia at least to me imo

stacyrenee
stacyrenee

I like this, but I dont love it. It reminds me of Avons Crystal Aura, another fragrance that I like, but dont love. Both are sort of icy, sparkly and peppery. It gives your nose a tingle and it is pleasant, but not really my style.

Hollie
Hollie

I didn't like this at all.Very strong....and I don't mind strong if I like the scent. Too heavily sweet and cloyingly synthetic. Nothing really interesting or unique about it. Doesn't smell like an oriental to me at all.....no spiciness or warmth, just sharp, dark fruits and alcohol soaked plastic. I'm happy for those that enjoy the scent and whose chemistry mixes well but for me it was just too much of a bad thing. I returned to the store.

tonni
tonni

The notes pics show there are lots of Quince in the top While I get lots of dry ginger from top to drydown,and where is the Quince?

blackeyedhippy
blackeyedhippy

It's not amazing, nor is it bad. It is just an ok perfume. Nothing special.

glama
glama

I didnt like this one. I got as an xmas gift. It was very light, didnt last. All I could smell was grape soda

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I was surprised to notice similarities between this scent and Lola, and Delices. The notes are not the same though. I am starting to think some perfumes claim they have certain notes, almost like the wine industry saying wine has certain notes, when the actual component is not in the wine. I was wanting Cartier Delices, and Lola, but now that I found Provocative,there is no need to buy the others. So if you can't afford Cartier and Lola, Provacative which you can sometimes get at a better price at Kohls, is a good substitute.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have the perfume and my bottle is clear on all 4 sides I have in the past had the other bottle which was purple on one side with a black pattern. On the Arden website the bottle is clear on all 4 sides so I think she just has 2 bottle designs. I got mine from a chemist and it lasts and lasts on me. It is not a strong fragrance but it wafts up whenever I move around so I am really pleased with it. In the past when I purchased it I didn't like it. It smelled very peppery and didn't last and that one was the one with the purple on the bottle. I may have had the edt so maybe the edp for me is better that is the one I have now which is a clear bottle on all sides and it lasts and is not really peppery. Maybe Arden has changed it slightly?

miahreis
miahreis

I'm 23 and I love this fragrance! It was a blind purchase for a 1.7 oz bottle at walmart for 20 bucks around Christmas, but I sprayed it when I got home and thought it was okay. But it quickly grew on me! Such a sweet, oriental fragrance. You can definitely over spray this one, so be careful. I've gotten several compliments on my smell when I wear this. Elizabeth Arden has done well this several of her perfumes, and I was shocked to see that she even did my other favorite, Fantasy by Brittany Spears!

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

On me , this transforms into quite a heavy evening perfume even with one spritz. Though it s not quite my taste, i can see women falling in love with the luxurious warm scent, that is truly sexy. Im not quite sure why i dont get much of the fruit and light drydown, instead more spicy rich cedar and amber. It smells wonderful just not my age probably 27+ women are more suited to this.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

very nice ,comfortable,soft,the perfect collection "ginger louts ,raspberry ,peach" make it unforgivable but the long lasting was poor :(

Gigifst

I'v to make another review on this one.
When i 1st smell it, i felt it very familiar but i couldnt understand why...today when i was spritzing my Armani Idole i understood...they are very very similar. When i finish my 100ml Idole i wont buy it again, caus this one is cheaper and the result is almost the same :)

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Warning: not for the shy.

Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden is definitely strong and can induce headaches if oversparyed. It's a very sweet, Oriental perfume - heavy on the Oriental side. I tend to wear this more in the winter and in the evenings. I love the smell, very feminine and sexy but I can't see this working at an office during the day or the hotter months. Starts out very strong but quickly fades in to a warm, sweet scent.

This one has to be tested before purchse, I can easily see it not working with people's chemsitry.

Gigifst

Now that i'm sure that the perfume is original, i tried something different...I sprayed it on me and on a t-shirt and put it back on the closet.
An hour after i couldn smell a thing on me, and i asked my brother if he could smell something...and he said yes, and that was very intense but on a great way.
So i went to my closet and took a sniff on my t-shirt...lol. Nothing at all!!!!
The next day i took a shower and when i was dressing the t-shirt i could smell it clearly!
I can´t understand it...lol
But the scent is very good, it remembers me Flora by Gucci...but i guess i prefer this one its warmer!Its just my opinion:)
I'll use it again even if i cant smell it on me, cause clearly others will...lol

twillocks
twillocks

I like this and it seems to hang around on me for a while which for some reason I have a problem with that.

krissycat
krissycat

Gigifst, I got my perfume from Amazon as well, came today. I sprayed it on my arm and within an hour the smell was gone. I think its the perfume.. just not a very strong or lasting scent

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Despite the fruit notes, this fragrance, is not perceptibly fruity. It is more in line with Estee Lauder's Spellbound, but without the bright notes and sweetness. On me, it is warm and spicy with nuances of cocoa and nuts. While not sweet, there is definitely a bit of powdery vanilla in the undertone. Not a lot in the way of silage after four hours but the fragrance wafts up whenever I move. The water lily emerges occasionally. While it doesn't smell artificial per se, it feels cheap- the bottle for me does nothing to enhance the fragrance. It is a round, warm fragrance that makes me think of snuggling with a fuzzy blanket. While not an aggressive fragrance, it is inviting in a cozy sort of way. Overall I like it, although it is not remarkable.

(My bottle is clear on all four sides as well. It lasts quite a long time- 6 hours, which is more than most on me! My skin type is normal to dry.)

Gigifst

Hummmmm, maybe i'v got a replica...now i really dont know! My botle is clear all 4 sides too. The sent is fine but the lasting power is really bad, i mean REALLY BAD...:(

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

@Tigerlillian: sorry for my English but the true Provocative Woman bottle is not clear on all four sides. The back side is vague /blur.

One of the lady in my office use this fragrance. To my nose, it is bright & spicy, powdery in a comfortable way.

Tigerlillian

Gigifst, seems you and I have the same bottle, however I bought mine from Ross which I thought was a reliable retail chain so I'm pretty sure it's the genuine thing. Admittedly, the scent is sheer and fleeting, but I get a lot more than 2 hours out of it.

Prettynightmary, my bottle is clear on all four sides. This is making me wonder now. Wish I knew the difference, if any, between the juice inside the two different ones--mine definitely says EDP.

Gigifst

I bought a botle os this perfume, but on me it doesnt lasts long, 2 hours i supose! Im wondering if its the original or a copy. Does the original botle have something saying provocative? Mine doesnt.
Can somedody help me here?
I bought it on amazon, and if its fake i'll do something about it. If it isnt, thats a pitty it doesnt last on my skin:(
Thanks

Prettynightmary

To Tigerlillian: It`s the same bottle, just different side of it. Only the back of it is dark, so if you look sides, they will be clear.

mirna86
mirna86

When I smelled this fragrance for the first time, I thought it smelled great, and I bought it, but in the days following, I totally dislike the smell, have too much alcohol at the beginning and it smells too strong for my taste, possibly because the ginger. It's too serious and I think it is for older people. After a few days my mom told me casually that someone gave her a perfume sample in a mall and that she had loved it. So I gave it to her and she was very happy!

Tigerlillian

Another fragrance with a misleading name and imagery.

Women who are hoping for a jaw-dropping experience will be disappointed. Women who want to incite interest and whimsy will be delighted.

Those expecting a spice-laden Oriental experience will also be left somewhat disoriented. Barely Oriental, with it's use of lotus, gingerlily, ginger, white tea and woods that help it meet the classification criteria. I would call this a sheer Oriental, reminiscent of austere north east Asia--Korea perhaps--rather than the tropical south of the continent.

The welcome is bright and sparkling which transforms into a luscious, soft roundness of fleshy fruits.

Then an abundance of shy flowers bloom, full bodied but with a non-aggressive personality where freesia shines amongst the bouquet. Soon after, a pretty aquatic note appears like a clear pond full of lotuses rather than the ocean.

Dry down is gently warm--amber, sweet woods and a freckle of ginger, which surprisingly lasts at least 8 hours or more.

Not provocative or sexually intimidating, but definitely charming and inviting. Friendly and cheerful without being flighty. No wonder narcotic had so many inquiring gents as this scent is very approachable.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the clear bottle and purple bottle pictured. I have the crystal clear bottle that is marked Eau de Parfum, which I think suits the fragrance much better.

Maggus
Maggus

I used to own this one. I really liked it. But the bottle doesn't spray well at all. It'd come out in a tiny squirt instead of a mist, and this didn't just happen with the bottle I purchased. I thought mine might've been defective, but I tried another bottle at department store, and that was equally as pitiful.

That's ultimately why I got rid of it. The perfume is fabulous itself, but I can't where something that doesn't diffuse properly. Such a shame as this is pretty much the only EA fragrance I ever cared for.

beatrix75
beatrix75

i like this frag specialy my husband on me its sexy nice it last loong but exist a nother much goog frag tooo!!!

The_Entity
The_Entity

I have commented on this frag before, at first I thought it was just mediocre.

But after time I love it. I wouldnt say it's a winter frag, best for a summer evening. I would happily buy this one again

Prettynightmary

I have loved this fume a long time!
It`s warm and cozy, sexy and spicy, fruity and fresh. All in one!
It`s similar to my other favorite Carolina Herrera`s CH.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I'm pretty impressed with this one.
When I sprayed it I thought "another alcool bomb from EA...)
BUT after a while, the perfume settled on skin and become a warm, spicy, smoky and tropical scent that I actually like.
Its nothing new or exceptional, but its a nice sexy scent. I love the combination of papaya, orchid and freesia, I guess the papaya note is prety original on all the composition.
It is still a little bit hairspray like, but for someone who likes strong dark frutys its not bad.
Its not my cup of tea, and I think this os not an oriental floral, I would say that is a floral fruty.
If you want something cheap, strong, fruty and for wear at night, this can be perfect :)

Sillage: Average
Staying Power: Good, last all night

4.5/10

Kittycat63

I totally agree with Sande-Mac who says that although Provocative Woman has an unusual opening smell which can seem slightly strange at first, and it might not appeal to everyone, once the perfume settles it becomes really lovely. On my skin it becomes soft, warm, slightly powdery and the raspberry really makes its presence known, which I love!

The bottle of Provocative Woman I initially got was a tester bottle which was priced very reasonably. I liked the perfume so much, and the price was so good, I immediately ordered a couple more so it'll be quite awhile before I run out of this!

Definitely a keeper for me. :-))

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This has a cute fruity opening - raspberry, sweet ginger and quince all make it sparkle. This is not overly sweet, it is more bright and breezy.

It does become sweeter and remains quite pretty but despite the abundance of tropically themed notes this never really goes anywhere exciting or exotic. It stays very much a well-behaved blended fruity floral with a pleasant woody base.

Naming it 'provocative' is perhaps the most provocative thing about the perfume since it is in fact, rather safe and inoffensive.

Suitable for all ages and for anyone with a bit of a flirt in thier heart, it is a lovely everyday fragrance.

narcotic
narcotic

This is an oriental floral for people who normally hate oriental florals. There's no shortage of point-counterpoint notes and I'm really digging the ginger in this one. Like Gosha said, it's not an arrogant scent, but it's definitely firm.

It's strange, though; I never would have thought twice about Provocative Woman if three different men on three separate occasions commented appreciatively on my smell! Take that as you will, but it's great to finally find something so democratic and enjoyable that isn't some watery fruit thing.

Gosha
Gosha

Really enjoyable (I almost want to say yummy :-)), this fragrance is very feminine and pleasant and a little sweet.
The frisky fruits and quite rich flowers seem to be nicely grounded with abundance of amber and greenery/woods and spiced up and then again lifted with the ginger.
Jolly, flirty and classy at the same time, it is quite intense and noticeable without being sharp, arrogant or aggressive as some fragrances in the "provocative category" tend to be. I like the add too. :-)
The downside - it slightly reminds me of CK Obsession Night, even though it should not (the composition seems quite different) and on me the longevity is is not particularly great.

Cereza
Cereza

On me the ginger at the beginning makes a extremely metallic note, but not in a bad way, it's actually addictive. Ginger at the top is noticable for a long, long period and it's really lovely to smell how the metallic/sour ginger note changes to fruit blast and becomes sweeter and sweeter, and sweeter - but never too sweet.

It's lovely. Worth buying.

naheed
naheed

I love this one. I was given it by my cousin a 30 ml. bottle. And interestingly, she was given as a sample when she was in the US. I have it with me since 2006 but came to know its name on Fragrantica by the name of the designer Elizabeth Arden which was written on the bottom of the bottle. I've been miser in using it but now I know the name I can buy another one:)

Sissi
Sissi

the beging starts with sour quince with
dry ginger dries down to an sweet note
of strawberry and tangy peach. drying
down in the middle with suculant papaya
an air of sweet freesia and intoxicating orcid and the botton notes
of wisp of sandalwood and warm amber.
i have read reviews on this fragrance
that it's compared to cool water by
davidoff and i agree 100% because of the notes of quince and lotus are used
in both perfumes. if cool water is for
daytime elizabeth arden provocative woman is reserved for night' i also recomended it for hot summer evenings and nights.

nyoka
nyoka

This fume is a surprise!In the beginning u have Quince and lotus,,floral and fruity,then it evolves into papaya another sweet fruit and orchid,finally it settles into a woody,red amber scent.Its like wearing different fumes all day.Very versitile.Would work for a lot of occassions and seasons.I like it a lot but,its not what I call sexy and,could never b my signature scent.different body chemistry might make it a lot better.Price is good too.

guest_beatrix -göthemburg
guest_beatrix -göthemburg

YES IT IS VERY UNIQE AND BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANCE TODAY I RESIVT AND I AM HAPPY BECOZE ITS PERFECT AND VORKYBG VITH MY CEMISTRI

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

it's very sharp in the beginning but it softens during the day. to me, this perfume is somehow fresh and not very provocative and sexy. i would have expected to be very sensual. it's good for everyday use though.

SANDE-MAC
SANDE-MAC

I can put this on early in the morning and still detect the sutle, warm base notes late in the evening. I can't say that about too many perfumes. Thankfully, this was given to me as a gift, because it isnt something I would have picked at the counter for myself since I dont particularily care for the initial scent when I apply it...HOWEVER, once this warms up and blends with my chemistry I LOVE it. This is now my favorite.

Marisa36
Marisa36

This fragrance surprised me. Oriental floral not normally my thing, but this just smells divine and definitely made me feel womanly and sexy. Also agree that it lasts long. Wouldn't wear this in summer though. Definitely a winter perfume.

AmberLove
AmberLove

This one I bought a few years back as a present for my sister in law, just tested it once and thought she would like it. Well she just LOVED it...everytime she would come over, I could smell this on her and I began to like it, it was hard to find it then in the Netherlands. I found this on eBay and began to sample it everyday, in the beginning I did not like it very much, but after it settled on my skin...Gosh it smelled so nice on me!!!
Except for the ginger, orchid and tea leaf notes I cant recognise any of the other notes, I dont know why but I can smell a hint of vanilla in its drydown.

This scent seems very powerfull after its first spritz but after is drydown it becomes a very nice,light,powdery and sophisticated scent. If it goes well with your body chemistry it even smell very seductive and sexy.
Its lasting power is tremendous!!!

This is a very beautifull but unfortunately underestimated fragrance!!

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

I gave myself one good spray of this, and for the next three hours, it sat on my couch watching soaps and eating all the bonbons. It was a very, very strong smell of...not much. I had no idea what was in the scent, except that there was an awful lot of it. After those first three hours it smoothed over into something sort of sweet and nice, but still indistinct. I should probably try it again to give it a fair shot, but I'm really not looking forward to it.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

I got this as a present for Christmas from my father. It is really quite nice and puts me in a good, reminiscent mood. Also long-lasting which is a major plus in my book.

Firewhite24
Firewhite24

I could not distinguish any of the notes. I got this as a gift from my dad and i couldn't use it because it was so strong, so i just put some of the perfume on a napkin and put it in my room, it is a good room scent because that way is actually does not smell strong. Maybe you can try that with the scents you don't like.

Fragaria

I love this scent. It's interesting to read all these reviews and how different they are.I would think this is very light and suitable for anyone but from what I read, most don't agree. I'll keep looking for more reviews!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is probably one of the only ones that EA makes that I really like. The scents are too sweet for me with most of these lines of fragrances. This one is a nice night spicy scent. Not too bad for Elizabeth Arden-suprisiningly.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Bought a nice 4 pc. gift set of this and I am enjoying this scent.It seems the longer it sits the aweeter it gets.It is different from most perfumes that's why I like it.I wouldn't call it an oriental but more of a warm sweet candyish scent.3.3 oz is big too!

cookie
cookie

i used to wear this often, night time. very attractive, sexy, feminine. long lasting power and quite strong.. so be careful not to overdo it :)

Kittycat63

I really like this perfume. After the initial rather strong, unusual opening (which might be the quince, but I'm not sure!) it settles down into a lovely, sweet, sexy, sultry scent which becomes more fruity and soft and it lasts for ages on my skin. The raspberry is the predominant note on me at this stage and it's lovely. This has become one of my favorite scents and one which I use very frequently because I find it's great for any occasion, night or day.

I've noticed that, to me, Carolina Herrera's 212 Sexy smells a little bit similar to Provocative Woman. I'm not sure why because I don't think there are similar notes in the two perfumes but for some reason there seems to be some similarity. Maybe it's the sweetness and the warmth which both perfumes have. Either way, I love both of them!

HORACIOAG
HORACIOAG

i love this frag,rich and elegant

danimcneil
danimcneil

i tried thid just the other day...if there were a scent labeled "rotten raisin".. that would best describe how this smells. sorry! not for me.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I cant understand why its not so popular,i think its a fresh,feminine and attractive scent.Very easy to wear,great for everyday.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I loved the ad and Catherine's gorgeous dress many many years. I love the name. I'm surprised that I tested it only today.. and didn't understand it..
It's quite nice scent, but not provocative in my opinion. I think it's a musky floral with some berries and fruity notes later accompanied with something sweet. Nice, but um, something ordinary. I will retest it.

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

I wanted to purchase it unsniffed, and I'm glad I didn't.
First of all - there is absolutely nothing provocative in it. More suitable name for this frag would be Boring Woman.
It seemed to me like very simple and flat floral, nothing oriental in it, and even less fruity - I was shocked to see so much fruits in the notes.
It is not unpleasant, but simply...none.

lazeny
lazeny

At first application I was assaulted by a nauseating old lady smell. Had to grit my teeth and bear it because I'm late for my appointment that day. Surprisingly, the dry down on me is quite nice. Very powdery and I can smell the sophistication of the fragrance. But this is not for me though, I'll use this perhaps as a random perfume on a random day. Good thing I had the itty bitty small bottle my man's boss gave me as a souvenir.

Mysticalili
Mysticalili

A little disappointed with this fragrance. I love Elizabeth Arden fragrances but I´m sorry to say that this is not for me. It´s too strong and smell like an ordinary perfume.Just my opinion.

Maybe good for mature women and woody-scent lovers.

suway
suway

i love this one.

Malibu
Malibu

I’ve been testing loads of fragrances as I want an image overhaul. Elizabeth Arden’s PROVOCOTIVE WOMAN is in the middle for me. It’s not a fragrance I want to wash off & it didn’t give me a headache.

But I couldn’t pick out any individual scent notes. There wasn’t a noticeable difference between the top, heart & base notes either. PROVOCOTIVE WOMAN is just a pleasant, fresh fragrance that is unmemorable. I was surprised when I saw the number of different fruits; I couldn’t identify them on my skin and the fragrance isn’t sweet.

The staying power isn’t very good, especially considering the sizable collection of scent notes. The bottle is pretty though.

guest_cb
guest_cb

this is just a sexy fragrance & i love it

first of all,this perfume doesn't belong to "oriental-floral" group in my opinion.but on the other hand I didn't expect so many fruits that I see here in the notes!
to me it's a pure floral with a drop of fruity notes.there isn't anything citrusy,just a bit of fruity fresh notes.
I really love quince scent when I smell them in real world.but in fragrances they are not very attractive for me(I have the same experience with Cool Water which is full of quinces)
according to the notes,I seem to love this one,I do like it,but I think provocative interlude is much better.
I don't think there is any age limitations for this perfumes.it can be wore by anyone at the age of 25 to 55.

Amythyst
Amythyst

I just received this as a gift from my Mom, and it was right from the beginning for me! It starts out pretty sharp, then quickly settles into a softer, feminine scent that is very original to me.
It is sexy without screaming it from my skin, you have to get a little closer to appreciate it. I am impressed by its staying power, I am left with a lingering scent the next morning... very soft and nice.
It is very different from the many perfumes that I have tried lately, not bubblegum or fruity sweet, but sweet in a less ostentatious way, very *provocative*...

shanepb
shanepb

I layer this with Jessica McClintock. The combination works for me.

stormie
stormie

My husband bought me this and though I love my husband I do not love this fragrance. It gives me a headache. My 17 year old daughter likes it and smells so good on her. I also considered it a mature smell but my girl who really likes the Adidas fragrances really does enjoy it. I think this 100ml of perfume will make it to her dresser.

guest_Carol
guest_Carol

eu amo a linha de perfumes da Elizabeth Arden, e eu adoro a fragancia desse produto,é otima!!!
Beijo

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is really good and its fruity

katyas
katyas

It opens with a juicy splash, then settles to a fresh watery sense. After awhile the mid notes open with a sensual flowery note that is just slightly powdery, just slightly musky. Finally the warm base notes envelope you and carry you through to the finish. I really like this - I love the contrasts between the layers, and the fact that it is almost like wearing three different perfumes at once!

pinksugar
pinksugar

It was love at first smell!
It's very feminine and lasts a long time on my skin.

lovely17

i love this scent lasts damnnnnnn long....n feels very stylish

Migotka
Migotka

Not very provocative... I expected something different from the name, something sharp, decisive. Even though the fragrance is quite spicy, it remains soft. You do not get much of the ginger nor lotus here, sweet fruity notes take over the wheel. I liked it, althought not enough to purchase.

lovely17

its a sense of marvelous n delightfull...i enjoy the smell.....love it

perryforever
perryforever

I just could not get this perfume to last on me and I see others have had the same problem. I bought some matching mosturiser to layer but that didn't helf much. My mum wears it too, so I saw this as a bit of a sign that I should give up and I gave my bottle and the mosturiser to her.

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Soft, subtle spices and fruits, this is a warm fragrance (great for winter). I really liked but it didn't last well at all and I kept having to re-apply.

Teolinda
Teolinda

This is a really nice fragrance.The spicy note is wonderful yet it is very soft on my skin. After an hour I can still smell it but I would have wanted it to last longer.

golden
golden

I like this on sweet, strong and inviting. Lasts and lasts.
Not cheap in london.

tangledvines
tangledvines

I have to agree with Abby. The smell does remind me of Cool Water by Davidoff, which I am not a fan of either. There is a spicy note that I adore, but it's too light on my skin to really detect. Overall I am not a fan of this scent. Perhaps it would smell nicer on someone else.

guest_Abby
guest_Abby

I purchased this scent untested hoping it would smell as good as it sounds. I was wrong. Although it has a few notes that I like, I found it to smell almost identical to Cool Water by Davidoff, which I do not like. This perfume is like a ripoff. I felt cheated. I won't wear it again as the smell is sickening.

Althea
Althea

I love this one, feeling so sexy wearing it and lasts sooooooo long!

Provocative woman by Elizabeth Arden 3.45 out of 5 based on 564 ratings and 136 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Provocative woman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Provocative woman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Provocative woman by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Provocative woman by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.