Designers » D E » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Red Door Aura Elizabeth Arden for women

Red Door Aura Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Red Door Aura Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Red Door Aura Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Youthful, optimistic and sophisticated Red Door Aura was launched in 2012. The seductive and very feminine composition is signed by perfumer who signed the original version- Carlos Benaim.

The new, more modern version is given vibrant citrusy notes that open the composition along with orange blossom. Italian bergamot is in perfect harmony with whitish orange blossom sweetened with voluptuous notes of ripe raspberry, announcing a rich floral bouquet at the heart adding rose flowers and elegant jasmine. The base provides a peaceful, warm and creamy blend of such notes as sandalwood, musk and warm amber.

The new edition Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura arrives in strong pink glass flacon shaped like crystal block, as 50 and 100ml Eau de Toilette. The perfume has been on the market since September 2012.

Bergamot Raspberry Orange Blossom

Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Musk Amber

Alien
Red Door Limited Ediiton

Red Door Aura Fragrance Reviews

FireDragon76
FireDragon76

I like Aura, I'm sorry it was only available in 30ml. My body chemistry likes the original Red Door too but the original one is my MIL's signature scent and I doubt my husband wants me to smell like his mother, lol! This is just spicy enough to have some character but not in a way more modern people will find obnoxious. I suppose very scent sensitive people won't like it but I'm not for sensitive people!

aztzura
aztzura

Got a 3.4 oz bottle on Ebay for a great deal based on the reviews. I must agree with several reviewers that the scent in the beginning reminds me of Thierry Mugler's Alien with a little sweetness but the jasmine disappears in the drydown and a raspberry, woody scent remains. It's a beautiful scent nevertheless.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I just got this perfume this morning in the post. I managed to get a great deal at 100ml. The first thing i thought when i sprayed it was, i really liked it. It seems very sophisticated. I was thinking it did remind me quite alot of anais anais which i also have, but not enough to find the perfumes too similar. Another thing, is i was filled with memories of childhood and i think it was memories of teh origional red door, which was popular when i was young. Overall a lovely perfume, that will suit colder months and christmas alot.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I am surprised how much I love this recent Arden release - this is a fresh, yet slightly spicy womanly easy to wear scent which isn't like all the watery floral patchouli-fruitiness which is in abundance at perfume counters as of late, to my nose it is well blended and very classic yet contemporary and I am loving the musky notes. I do get a very small amount of the original Red Door in here (of which I am a big fan) but its well blended into a sea of peppery notes and sweet smooth and seductive raspberry. There is also a good dose of sandalwood and rose which reminds me of Rose Musk incense which I have been trying to find in a perfume for several years. This reminds me of two scents actually - the original Hot Coutur and Amarige D'Amour, almost a love child of the two scents on my chemistry - it is very wearable and I can imagine it working for warm or cooler weather it has quickly become my go to scent for when I cannot decide what to wear. EDIT - unfortunately this has developed a slightly synthetic smelling quality to it which has started to annoy me about halfway through the day. Lovely nonetheless but give it a few tries before committing to the full bottle! I am lucky I only got the miniature size so not a big waste!

skeleton
skeleton

A nice blend of fruits and flowers, a bit more grown-up and elegant than your typical fruity-floral, yet modern. Sandalwodd, musk and amber are all in the background making the drydown slightly creamy/spicy. Really not that bad for a mainstream perfume.

terigurl
terigurl

I smell Anise in this or like a tea like scent. It smells so good. It's not a bam in your face type of smell. Very soft and feminine and warm. The Amber in this really brings out that warm feeling and the flowers make this scent very feminine with the right amount of sweetness. A honey like sweetness. I would wear this to work or in the daytime. I would prefer something stronger for nightime. Although Red Door Aura would be good for a date night. It's a very SAFE perfume.

Flowercat
Flowercat

Spicy!!!! Made me sneeze! Would smell great on a man!Made for a bold, frisky woman! I'm impressed that this scent can express so many women's personalities. I need the tender, soft scents, even though I fancy myself to be a strong female. Donating this blind buy to a Zumbathon raffle!

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This is a gorgeous musky floral that is even prettier (and less headache inducing) than the original Red Door. It is quite affordable and smells very expensive with the right chemistry. It is a perfect Holiday (Christmas/Winter) fragrance with its richness and warmth. I particularly love the rose mingling with the musk and sandalwood. This reminds me of shopping for presents, wearing red scarves and gorgeously uncomfortable designer shoes.

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

I much prefer Aura to the original Red Door - it's far too strong for my liking and I feel like I'm choking when I smell it. Aura, however, is much lighter, which I assume has to do with the added raspberry and bergamot. It has a younger, more relaxed feel to it and I can easily smell this without feeling sick. And my boyfriend, being the sweetheart he is, bought me a gift set with an EDT and a body lotion for my birthday after remembering my mention of Aura. He quite likes it as well, as it's youthful but not overly so - there's no sweet sugar, just a clean, pleasant scent smelling of fresh florals.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

The original Red Door was one of those fragrances that I couldn't stomach. When I saw a bottle of Red Door Aura at TJ Maxx for a steal and saw the notes and some of the reviews I was intrigued and had to buy a bottle.

First impression - sparkly and light hearted, a bubbly and youthful fragrance. I couldn't tear my nose away from my wrist!

A little ways in - the perfume has gained some heaviness and depth, and I wasn't so sure I was crazy about it. I wasn't able to discern any specific notes, really, but after how much I loved the initial notes this stage was kind of a letdown.

Even further in - the base here is fabulous. After that unsettling stage in the middle finding the smooth base with woods and a soft almost spiciness is really nice. There is something that speaks of class and sophistication without being stuffy and pretentious.

I do really like this. I think the middle stage is very similar to what I remember the original Red Door smelling like, but overall it isn't quite as harsh. I feel like overall this is more wearable and less likely to offend anyone sensitive to perfumes. Just don't overdo it! :) I think both fans of the original and those who don't like it could enjoy Aura.

And also - this definitely resembles Alien! I was very surprised. Once the base comes out the resemblance lessens, but there is a definite similarity between the two.

outofocus
outofocus

Once again, sorry to go against the flow, but my avatar outofocus has some reason to be...
I am a HUGE fan of original Red Door, the best perfume ever to be produced in the USA, period. It was the american answer (alongwith Revlon's Charlie) to the dominant French perfumerie, a new way to think about perfumes: linear, simple maybe but attractive, youthful and brand new. Red Door is sexy, that's about it, if you decided to wear it, it was for a night out, and a hot one.
Therefore this new version falls so short of the original statement, that it ends up ins sheer disappointment: none of the original virtues is there, neither the bold statement, or sexiness, this is a version for the day as was stated by other bloggers...so what's the fun?? It's too bad to try to revive the past.

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

I personally dislike the original Red Door. I find it incredibly unpleasant, and synthetic.

On the other hand, Red Door Aura is slightly more pleasant. I can see the the similarities to Alien. While I find Alien to be too strong and headache inducing, Red Door Aura is slightly softer and sweeter. There is a fruity note in there that takes the edge of the Jasmine (the raspberry I believe).

Overall though, I don't really find it be the sort of scent that I am attracted to.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I was curious to try it after seeing reviews on this site. However, where I live, Elizabeth Arden is not sold anywhere other than discounters like Ross or TJ Maxx. So when I was looking at perfumes at Ross yesterday, I spotted a huge bottle of Red Door Aura. Price was a bit more than I usually pay for perfumes there but I really wanted to try it.
I will preface this with saying that I own a small bottle of Red Door which I do like and wear occasionally. The reviewer who said that this is more modern version of Red Door has a point. I can see that.
I would say that it smells cleaner, fresher, and yonger than the original. The interesting thing is that middle notes in this smell just like Miss Dior Cherie aka Miss Dior. I have MDC and the only difference I could tell between the two was that MDC is sweeter and more patchoili.
However, it smells nothing like MDC on the drydown which does resemble lighter version of the original.
I also tried it with MDC body products and those compliment this scent rather well.
The name is apt as this scent does project sort of an aura around you and leaves a light trail.
My one problem is that he doesn't last or have siliage nowhere near as potent as the original. Which is really too bad. I like my perfumes to last and to leave a trail. This is very light so you might have to reapply it several times a day. Alas, the bottle is so huge(4.2 oz i believe) that I will be forced to decant some to carry with me.
All in all, I really like this scent so this was money well spent

I tried it and it is nice, but having never been a fan of the Elizabeth Arden fragrances, I don't find it real interesting, it is a typical fruity floral, very forgettable, but I guess if you want to own an EA fragrance, this would be a nice option , as it smells nice..definitely an improvement over the dated synthetic smell of the original. I truly don't see how Red Door could ever come close to the French art of making perfumes..
It doesn't develop much, nor is it complex really..as for me, I shall pass.

I'm not a fan of the original Red Door so I was surprised at how likeable this is, at first. This opens very floral fruity, light, and mildly sweet. The bergamot becomes quite noticeable on me, which can sometimes smell a bit medicinal. Overall it is safe and generic, but pretty throughout the opening and middle phases. Sadly, this dries down to smell exactly like the original Red Door. So disappointing. If you dislike the drydown of Red Door, proceed with caution around this one.

selenehdez
selenehdez

It smells like lady million without the pachuli, and I love that

KateAnette
KateAnette

Not a review, @ willfulmisscond
Um, where did you get that human science thing, the 10 to 20 minute rule...?

Ok, i NEVER overspray, i usually use just 1-3 sprays of a perfume, depending on it's strenght.
If i stop smelling my perfume in less than 20 minutes, i'd say it's something wrong with the perfume, not my nose... Every perfume i have, i can smell them myself throughout the wear. Some has weaker sillage, some stronger, but nevertheless, i still smell them. Most of them until my next shower, or the weaker ones for maybe half of the day.

If you wear only one scent at a time, that nose fatique thing often happens (especially with stronger fragrances). At some point you get so used to the smell, that you don't smell it properly, and thus are overspraying. That happened to me too back in the days when i was only wearing one signature scent at a time.

Now, that i like to change scents, and very rarely use the same scent 2 days in a row, that "not being able to smell the perfume"- thing doesn't happen.
I can always smell my own perfume, and have no complaints from others about me wearing too much. Because i never overspray.
So your theory, "if you can smell your own perfume, you're wearing too much" is not accurate. If i couldn't smell my own perfume, what would be the point in even wearing any...?

Ps. Agreed with asking people around you about the strenght/ sillage, if you're unsure :)

mrsu

Oh my goodness, thanks for the tips willfulmisscond!

Now I'm worried that I've been choking everyone around without realising.
I'll try it again & get a second opinion before I re-douse ;-)

mrsu

To me this is a gorgeous daytime take on the original Red Door (which I love).
It is fresh, fairly sweet & perfect for that everyday scent.

The only problem for me is that is it literally lasts for 15 minutes max....I have to douse myself in it regularly in order to smell it!

Really disappointed as I love the scent but won't be repurchasing due to the longevity issue on my skin.

The_Entity
The_Entity

I prefer original Red Door. This one is ok for work, a lighter version

SheTurtle
SheTurtle

I am not a fan of Red Door at all.

I tried this on a wait and see basis after I told a salesperson that I was interested in an oriental. At first I thought this was going to be one of those trendy fruity florals, but the dry down hooked me. It's a floriental!

I don't get the raspberry, but coming out behind the jasmine, I detect orange and bergamot, which canceled out that toothpasty smell that sometimes happens to jasmine on me during a dry down.

The drydown is creamy and spicy, with just a hint of citrus and flowers. I am a sucker for creaminess and spice. I disagree that this is a young girl's fragrance. There is a lot going on with this fragrance that is nuanced, balanced, and a tad complicated.

loonad
loonad

tested this last monday.this is amazing.i'm not a fan of e arden perfumes but this one i will definitely buy.

Pari88
Pari88

Very Beautiful Timeless fragrance. I actually think this is a better version of TM's Alien, because it leaves out the chewiness and brings in the freshness of orange blossom and bergamot. I really enjoy this, and the bottle name and advertisement have nothing to do with the smell of this. It is definitely not a mature smell but more for a young princess. There is mostly Orange Blossom, Raspberry and Musk that I smell, but the proportion in which it was mixed is very well done. This has potential to become a signature for many young women.
Smells just like Lady Million but less musky.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

I recently bought this on a whim because I smelled it on paper. Having been a huge fan of the original, I hoped that this would be a lighter twist on an old favorite.

This is lovely, accessible and pleasant enough but all in all, not anything to write home about or repeat. But, that's OK. Not every perfume that comes our way is unforgettable and enduring.

A nice, light fragrance for someone younger who doesn't need anything complicated or confusing.

ElleNell
ElleNell

I find red door is for the mature lady- late 30's and so on. For strong, sophisticated, independent women. Its not for me but if u like strong classic scents it is definatley one for you!

carolallred
carolallred

Love, love, love! Red Door Aura opens up with fruits and citrus, then the fruitiness lingers as the gentle but bright florals develop. Certainly not in-your-face as the original can be. If I were to be remembered by one scent, I would like it to be this one. So, so feminine and sparkling. ♥

suile
suile

Tried this out on one wrist whilst wearing Very Estee on the other.

Red Door Aura is a fragrance along the same lines as Very Estee but is

1) Slightly brasher in style.
2) More floral. Strong orange blossom note. Much less woody.
3) Sweeter, I smell honey, but I think it is really amber.
4) Doesn't develop as much as VE.

I will be buying a bottle when the 50ml comes back in stock next week, didn't want the 100ml size. I like the bottle, it's substantial and fun looking.

I see this Red Door flanker as the youthful alternative to the original. Red Door Aura won't surprise you with anything unique, but it is extremely pleasant, something that I'm sure the young girls will go wild over.

Raspberry is quite a popular note in fragrances these days, so it's definitely not out of place as the dominant accord in Red Door Aura. Thankfully the note is only slightly sweet, nowhere near as candied as I thought it would be. A delicate blend of feminine florals in the heart keeps the scent fresh and pretty.

Red Door Aura is a good fragrance for all seasons, however Spring would be the most ideal time to wear it so you can really enjoy the sweet raspberry and orange blossom accords.

The composition is fairly straight-forward. What you read in the scent pyramid is essentially what you'll smell. I enjoyed wearing Red Door Aura, however I still prefer the much more controversial and bold original, Red Door.

I think it will sell well amongst the younger consumers due to its striking pink door bottle and fruity floral feel. I can't see lovers of the original Red Door falling head over heels for this version. Actually, its promotion has been so bad that I didn't even know it existed until I spied its bottle sitting on the Elizabeth Arden counter alongside Red Door. My guess is that it might be fairly short-lived.

gawerika
gawerika

The original Red Door is my mother in-law's "holy grail", even though she wears it well it failed to grab my attention but to my suprise Aura is sparkling & a flirtatious personallity to it that evokes an aura of morden women that provokes glamour, elegance and sophistication in her every step. On me the silage is moderate but present (it seems to warm-up and intensifies with my body heat in warm weather but never cloying...a plus as I don't have to reapply)and longivity is about 6-7 hours ending with a warm woody and a bit soft spicy base. IMO, this makes an ideal signature fragrance as it sparkling and sensual all in one. In short this juice has its own character that I find unique (atleast to my nose) hence now my new signature fragrance.

rottannie
rottannie

Does anyone know where I can get a sample of this? Thanks.

twillocks

I totally agree with dmaw. That is exactly what I though when I tried at Belks today and that is exactly why I bought the gift set. Merry Christmas to me early. LOL

dmaw
dmaw

To me, light and spicy. Unique! If you love the original and all of its variations, you will not be disappointed by this one.

Whit
Whit

I smelled this while I was out today; I used to wear the original like crazy when I was younger. This one is very nice as it seems to be a "fresher" take on the original, and it really is more modern too. Aura would be nice for spring and perhaps early summer, but something about it reminds me of winter as well, so I guess a person could use it year round. I do smell some nuances of the original Red Door, but the citrus keeps it toned down. If you want to own a frag from the Red Door collection but found the first one too strong, then give this one a try.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I am glad to see this added to the databank! I do indeed love being surrounded softly by this Aura! Her bottle is simply gorgeous in a very undertated way much like its older sisters yet stands out nicely on any vanity. It really does linger and project like a ray of light with all those zesty yet opulent notes. Aura is easily wearable on a daily basis and manages to be both sweetly zesty and woodsy-creamy and its structure is well balanced and nicely rounded. I keep my original Red Door for special occasions because I find it much stronger: a power perfume of the 80's inddeed to my great pleasure! When I first smelled this fresh, pretty and sparkingly feminine floriental (to me)it put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. I love its elegant and classy character and enjoy the raspberry-citrus blast which first greets you with tart juicyness.Aura then becomes creamy with gentle blossoming florals and a rich sandalwood -amber scent .Once more she changes, drying down to a sweet musky scent that still holds more than a hint of raspberry and much sweetness.(I wonder where the sugary notes come from since there is no vanilla. Probably the raspberry) .As the reviewer below stated: Shimmer was a bit too faint for my taste, Velvet is gorgeous and quite enduring with its sophisticated woodsy character. Aura is now one of my favotire florals !

I want this . . . all about the Red Door collection

Red Door Aura by Elizabeth Arden 3.95 out of 5 based on 97 ratings and 35 user reviews

RED DOOR AURA for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 1 OZ
RED DOOR AURA for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 1 OZ
24.50 GBP
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau de Toilette 30ML
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau de Toilette 30ML
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Red Door Aura Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Perfume.com
Red Door by Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Holiday Set, 1 ea
Red Door by Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Holiday Set, 1 ea
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Red Door Aura by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Red Door Aura by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.