Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Red Door Limited Ediiton Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

honey
Red Door Limited Ediiton Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Red Door is a popular fragrance by Elizabeth Arden, launched in 1989. Its oriental floral composition was created by perfumer Claire Cain. The official notes of this edition announce a floral opening (lily of the valley, freesia and wild violet), an opulent floral heart (red rose Moroccan orange blossom and ylang-ylang), on a fine base of honey, oak moss and sandalwood.

The same, unchanged fragrance is available in a limited red flacon shaped like a glass block with elegant frames and dents that clearly indicate the name – Red Door. Limited edition Red Door was created in honor of the 100th anniversary of the Elizabeth Arden house and is available as 50 ml EDP. Besides the flacon with perfume water, red flacon with eau de toilette was also presented. It is crowned with a golden stopper with engraved name of the brand. Its accompanying assortment offers luxurious perfumed body cream, perfumed shower gel and perfumed body powder.

Besides the beautiful jubilant flacons and the accompanying products, Elizabeth Arden presents luxurious body set that includes 100 ml EDT, luxurious body cream and perfumed body powder. The set also includes miniature Red Door. Red Door Limited Ediiton was launched in 2011.

Freesia Lily-of-the-Valley Violet

Jasmine African Orange flower Ylang-Ylang Rose

Sandalwood oak moss white honey

Red Door

Sillage : 8/10
Scent : 0/10 (I hate it)

LicoriceAllSorts
LicoriceAllSorts

'I feel pretty, Oh so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and gay'

I love this, Very floral, sweet, powdery, nice and strong, I not wear it a lot but when i do I enjoy it.
For $26.00au for 100ml, I am very pleased.

Niya
Niya

Very disappointed. I love Red Door but I wanted my refill in the new bottle. Big mistake. Very sickly florally sweet; gives me a huge headache. Put the original juice in THIS bottle and we have a winner.

jake.shouse

I like this but I don't wear my own bottle anymore...

Boston2013
Boston2013

Been in love with this perfume since it came out in 1989. Became so known for wearing it, that each year at Christmas and my birthday, I received a bottle.

It's just beautiful.

As fas as the reformulation goes, it is there. It's the same perfume, but some of the "punch" is missing. What it is, instead, at least on me, is a "powdery" element, where there was just plain "attitude" before!

But it's not enough to turn me off of it.

I don't always wear it now, I became a real Chanel fan in recent years, but I always keep a few, small bottles of the edp around. So this afternoon, for old times sake, I put EXACTLY THREE drops on. One on each wrist and one at the throat and I've been smelling beautiful, ever since. I applied the perfume at about 3:30pm, and it is now about 5:00am, and it's faint, but very much there.

Th other reviewers are right. This perfume is a masterpiece of a beauty, but you can't use a heavy hand. Very little goes a long way.

Classic and gorgeous.

MsDana
MsDana

I had almost forgot just how beautiful this floral fragrance is until the reformulated version came out this year. I was delighted to see Red Door being promoted again, & had to try it for old times sake (I often bought the original for my mom). This version is very similar to the original (thank goodness), & just as beautiful, bold, & in your face with attitude. As gorgeous as it is, the silage can be intense, so a light hand should be used when applying. Longevity is amazing, I tried just a few drops on my hand & it lasted all day. This scent can be ruined when over applied, so I cannot stress it enough to only use a small amount in order to truly enjoy this beauty.

eau de nath
eau de nath

My mom have this. Its been 5 years my mom kept using it. This frag is for a sensual women 30yrs and above, it's not for the younger generation. The floral and oriental notes are balanced making it great, rose was noticeable.

Sherihan
Sherihan

I wore the first bottles when it was launched around 89,all my school teachers and a lot of colleagues talked about how I smelled then,one male teacher asked for its name.This new bottle(edt) smells nice and kind of closer to the first bottles. This new shape bottle has a new nicer formula. Top note has changed a little ,for 5 minutes only I smelled masculine aquatic note,but when it's gone completely after 15mnts the real RedDoor arrived plus my teenage memory(: The old bottle is a master piece and I want it back. The golden stopper of the edt is adorable in the new bottle. One of greatest scents out there,love love love it.
Edit: very long lasting,in an Estée Lauder way.

jake.shouse

I love this I love this but prefer the stronger original version better but like this modern bottle too be prettier.... I love both they both smell alittle different I have both!

Marylo
Marylo

Looove this is my signature flowery goergous. I need to buy the edp !

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

The opening is acrid and screechy, very sour and not at all pleasant. But there's a hint of powdery sweetness lurking, one that I found myself hoping to experience more of.

A little bit of patience pays off with Red Door! After about 15 minutes, the acrid notes calm and blend, and a sweet, powdery soft, intensely floral scent emerges. Red Door is deep, but not dark, and very sophisticated. It's classic, and when I smell it after about 2 hours, I think "This smells like perfume." (in a good way!)

Longevity isn't bad, silage is quite good, and the price (if you get it at a discount retailer) is unbeatable. I'm not in love, but I like it very much. Red Door is worth a try.

Missyee
Missyee

All i can smell is Yland -Ylang. And i hate perfumes with it. :( but it's less cloying than the original red door.

rottannie
rottannie

I love this. I used to wear it in my late 20's/early 30's. I got compliments all the time, especially from men. Then one day my boyfriend gets into the car (im thinkin im looking good, smellin sexy....) and says "you smell like my grandma". Oh hell, well, there goes that haha. Come to find out, i DID smell like his grandma. Its her signature lol. I still have a small bottle, but it's in the back of the drawer :(

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

This smells pretty much like guerlain insolence which i prefer more than Red door.

nita6038
nita6038

i dont like it 1stly, but my hubby love it so much when im wearing this perfume at night.... ;)

kittykat223
kittykat223

I think you either love this stuff or you hate it. I personally love it! It's very sexy and unique in my opinion. But I do admit it is VERY powerful and you only need a tiny bit or else you may get a headache.

onome
onome

am wearing it now .. and i must say my first impression was horrible, but later on am beginning to like the much calmer and softer scent its giving out... definitely a good buy.

schamberae
schamberae

sniff it on the dept.store, first impression was way too strong and little bit like cat pee because the sales girl sprayed it twice on a paper. but my mind keep telling me to keep it! you will be back to sniff it again ! and I kept it on my Bag. 2 days after I opened my bag and found this strip paper of Red Door and it's smell amazingly classic just like shopisticated women on night social gathering with her backless black dress, simple balerina updo,gold earring, red lipstick, thick eyelashes, daring smile and a glass of champagne on her hand and welcoming every guests with her top class manners. could be Madonna, Jennifer Lawrence, Cher, Diane Lane, Eva Longoria, Cheryl Cole, Penelope Cruz, or even Anne Hathaway. so then I decide to buy it via online. sometimes some perfumes need to be very perfumey because the way it is. not a barely floral or fruity or boring vanilla cake. the shynthetic ingredient made it fabulous as natural ingredients gave natural scent, right? If you want everybody sniff behind your back, wear this, don't be shy. it's like aroma therapy that gives you a feeling like you have all that money to buy high end dresses and jeweleries from Chanel or Dior. Yes..smell like expensive product.

fabuleusetoujours
fabuleusetoujours

I connect this scent so strongly with my mother, who's worn it for as long as I can remember. She was a singer, and used to wear this in the evenings. I remember her hugging me before going on stage, and enveloping me in the musky white floral scent.

For women uncertain if this is wearable at a younger age, my mum started wearing this in her late 20s, so go for it!

Joaenr32193
Joaenr32193

The smell reminds me of white diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor . This kind of perfume is meant to be for older ladies!!!!.

LANIER
LANIER

Red Door Limited Edition by Elizabeth Arden is not a perfume a young woman like Vanessa would most likely find appealing. It is a little to grown up for ladies under thirty with young noses still enamored of the sweet and yummy smells of the recently abandoned teen years. That is of course unless they have a nose for something more sophisticated than the hot house fruity florals or candied confections that are all the rage these days. And how does a young woman expand her horizons in a world drowning in Floriantals and exploding cotton candy machines? As in our story sometimes a young lady needs the counsel of an older woman of the world, someone with experience who can open that Red Door of possibilities to a wider world of Yes.

I have wanted to try this perfume and see what it is all about for some time. I have smelled the “original” and found it to be interesting and lovely, so when I came across a 30mil bottle of Red Door Limited for twenty dollars I thought why not? I was very pleasantly surprised at what was in this little red bottle. This is a new take on the old classic, a tiny bit more modern without loosing the sophisticated allure of a really elegant perfume. It is a bouquet of red roses wrapped in rich creamy satin tied with a velvet ribbon.

It opens with a shimmery and sparking bell notes of lily of the valley. The lily is followed by a dash of peppery freesia blended into a purple tinged green haze of violets. This is an elegant and inviting opening of promises made in midnight misty gardens.

The promise made is sealed with a warm deep kiss of Roses whose petals are brushed ever so lightly with honey. Never too sweet the honey rises like burnished gold from the base notes to titillate and make hungry where most it satisfies as it falls from the rose petals to the notes below. African Orange flowers, Ylang-Ylang, and jasmine are the three sisters who benefit from the marriage of the rose and the honey.

As it dies down into its dry down it becomes something more intimate in feeling, there is the scent of expensive body powder and that rich warm yummy smell of pancake make-up. That wonderful scent must come from the meeting of creamy sandalwood, Oakmoss and the honey.

It is a real find for those in the market for something with more of a classy, classic feel to it. And unlike the more watery roses and lilies that fell into the jam jar it lasts a very long time. You will get millage on this one, eight to twelve hours at least. The sillage is impressive, like a great ocean liner moving languorously though the sea with a gently widening wake behind, people will notice you as you pass. And after all, great ocean liners and elegant ladies engender great admiration. Three cheers of Red Door Limited Edition and all who wear her.

RED DOOR LIMITED EDITION 5 GOLD STARS

(For Vanessa's story behind my RED DOOR review check out my blog, Scents Memory)

ImpishLisa
ImpishLisa

The day is in the mid 80s, it's a bit humid. First spritz was a rush of sweet florals over a creamy layer. It wasn't what I expected, at all. I had been warned to go light but a mist on my wrist isn't my style. I added a fingertips-spritz, which i touched to my pulse points of my neck. It smells one way on my skin at first. Bright. Sharp. A little intense..but I know to let it rest. The drydown truly settled in as I was at the Old Bag of Nails, having a school graduation dinner with my family.

Even over the delicious mussels appetizer, I kept catching whiffs of this yummy scent.. yet when i smelled my skin it didn't smell like what i was smelling in the air, but I knew it was me, because as we walked along the waterway behind the restaurant after we ate, I kept smelling it.

In the car, my daughter asked what my new perfume was. She said it smelled good on me. It does, too! Sweet, but not like cupcakes and frosting, it is honey sweet. Nature's kind of sweet..and not the bubble gum troop overkill.

It had shifted about 2 hours after I first wore it, into a more powdery complexity. I am not me, anymore. I am honey dried onto a stick of sandalwood incense which is burning in a distant room, while the floral display with a hint of Jasmine sits in the window and freshens my aura. The orange is there, shy and reluctant, not at all pushy. Orange wedges dipped in more honey..presented on a chilled plate by a fireplace laid out to be lit..with its mossy covered logs that aren't the stick beating me over the head.

I don't know why people call this an old lady perfume. It is sensual, womanly and inviting.

Voopie
Voopie

love it, perfect for summer.

ALadyDragon
ALadyDragon

My Girlfriend brought in some of her sample perfumes for me to try, one of them being Red Door.

I put a little on my wrist and was overcome by the strong smell to start with and hoped it would change, It did after about (45 - 60 mins) it died down to a adorable Woody/Powdery and spicy scent.

I did not expect it to shape into scent that I was longingly looking for.

The next thing I needed was for the scent to last well over 8 hours, and I have to admit it lasted over 12 hours, which my wrist still held a mild scent.
Perfect, a deep rich sensual aroma that would last.

I have always loved sandalwood and this really hits the nail on the head for me.
Thank you for Red Door - there is a bottle on his way to my door.

takeasniff

Finally the stores around me have this but it is on huge discount unfortunately it was a flop and didn't interest the younger generation because it isn't fashionable like Jimmy Choo or Marc Jacobs and those that still wear it from the older generation can get it dirt cheap at chemist warehouse so they didn't bother with this edition or so I am told in every store that I ask about it.

When it first was released in the chemists near me they tried to sell it for mega bucks but it wound up on stands out the front for half the price because I think people are just confused by it and the sales assistants never are any help they don't like it and don't bother to research it so if you are a customer who may have been interested you just get a half hearted reply from the sales people "Oh I think it's the old one" or "I have no idea" "I didn't realise we still sold that stuff where did you see it?" etc. They can't wait to thrust Jimmy Choo's new perfume in your face or they ask if you have tried the new Daisy by Marc Jacobs and gush that they all love it I must try it and so the useless merry go round continues. When they don't have a tester and it's in the box the real confusion starts I can tell the new one because the picture on the box is of a red door and a model whereas the old one is just a red box with red door in gold on the front but of course these sales assistants try to tell you it's still the old one.

SO this one at least where I live has made a huge nose dive so I got a bottle because the bottle is very pretty unlike the previous version which looks to me cheap and boring and doesn't entice you to want to spray it and I had given up trying to get a straight answer as to what the heck it was amongst the strange glares the sales assistants give me when they ask me "You wear Red Door? really I thought that was an old granny perfume we get all the old ladies buying it because it is cheap." or "I didn't think they even made that horrid stuff anymore." And the rude comments continue to which stage I have given up and just politely say "Thanks for your help."

I have worn this several times and it is different from the original. It dries to a toilet spray smell and rather chemical smelling. The original didn't do this. All these old style perfumes are big hitters and punch above their weight and so when companies dilute them or use sub standard ingredients they wind up drying down to an awful chemical odour and vanish within an hour and this one is no different.

I even tried this as room spray and yes it does smell like the original for a little while and I would say it is a bit more fruity and a little fresher but again, when I return some time later to the room I sprayed it, there is that toilet spray smell again something stale lingering in the air.

Very disappointed would have loved the new bottle to add to a permanent collection but they have ruined this one for me personally anyway. I am sure there will be people who love it I say if you like the original or you are very familiar with it eventually you will sniff out the imposter in this bottle that is if you can find it or work out what you are buying to begin with.:)

Me8
Me8

Too stong for my liking. Smells good in bottle. I bought the gift set at Walmart on after Xmas sale. The body lotion I loved but the edt I use one spray to freshen up rooms.

julieanneh
julieanneh

I tested Red Door today.

I have in the past hated with a passion Red Door. I could smell it on someone in the same room as me and it would make me ill to the pit of my stomach. Seriously couldn't understand how anyone could wear this horrid smell. IN MY OPINION BEFORE ALL THE HATE MAIL COMES.
Well today I noticed the different packaging. Instead of the arched Red lid it was a red door and I asked if it was the same or different.
She told me that this one has changed (LONG STORY)?????????
I tried it on card and I thought, yep I can give it a go. I tried it on my wrist and as much as I still don't like it, I don't have to scrub it off or run for the hills or a paper bag. It seems much more wearable. Less in your face. If what the sales lady says is true, either that or my nose has changed, which it has, but it has changed to like these types of fragrances less, not more, so to me it is toned down incredibly and has nothing to do with different packaging fooling people......seriously, were not that stup!
Side by side they are DIFFERENT.

WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SKIN CHEMISTRIES SO TRY IT YOU NEVER KNOW AND IF YOU LOVE IT WEAR IT, WHO CARES IF SOMEONE ELSE DOESN'T LIKE IT, AS WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT NOSES AND LIKES AND DISLIKES.

XOXOXOXO

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(ENGLISH)

I use at home (43), my daughter (19), my mother (65) and arrive at a conclusion as to which summary here: "If Dracula's coffin had a smell, that smell when opened would be 'The Red Door '.

(PORTUGUESE)

Usamos em casa eu(43), minha filha(19), minha mãe(65) e chegamos a uma conclusão , a qual resumo aqui como: "se o caixão de Drácula tivesse um cheiro, ao ser aberto esse cheiro seria 'The Red Door'.

MUST8936
MUST8936

Red DooorLimited Edition reminds me of all the fashionable fragrances in 90's:For example Baroque Yardley.

Violettera
Violettera

I put it on to go to work and I came back to wash it off. I couldn't stand it. I felt an immediate headache. I don't know what is wrong with it. I detest the smell, I feel something very old and synthetic too. I guess the reformulation of the original destroyed everything.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Yuck, I hated this fragrance. Way too sharp smelling for my liking. The bottle is pretty though.

Nicole79
Nicole79

Wow...this mmells so good, feminine, floral - fruity. Very sexy fragrance, easy to wear !
I really like it a lot..*

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

Red door is one of my mom's fragrances.. I've always appreciated this beauty... To me Red door is a piece of art.. It's one of the most beautiful scents I've ever smelt.. It's sultry & warm. Im wearing it since afternoon and im still Getting beautiful wafts.. Longevity is heavenly 8+

sab628
sab628

I love it, i smelled it on a flight assisant, every time she passed by, this incredible voloptuous scent was left behind her....I ordered the limited edition version. Now, if this edition is softer than the original, still being a very strong perfume, I am afraid of the original. Anyhow, this is very close to Amarige, only sweetee. Also reminds me of Maitresse. I love it ! Very very long lasting

benzippo
benzippo

The new flacon Red Door is a very watered down version of its former glorious self.

Another sad case of what they called, reformulation and was wondering why don't they just change the name or launched it as a flanker and if they have done so, I would not have felt cheated or shortchanged.

As if the watered down version which has lost all its punch as compared to the original version is not disgusting enough, the new juice smells bland, synthetic, cheap without any depth and smells more like a generic version by some unknown cheap drugstore brands.

What a shame, where Elizebeth Arden has too followed the footsteps of others who had done re-formulations to their classic fragrances where most ended up with undesirable results such as LVMH's Dior, Guerlain, Givency, Loreal's YSL, etc where the list goes on and on.

I personally felt, if this trend were to continue, there will be only one thing that will happen to all those glorious classic perfumes....sad endings.

To summarized, another death to a classic and this is simply disgusting!!!

truffles
truffles

An Ebay seller kindly included a little vial of this in with a big bottle of perfume I received today.
I really like the smell of Red Door but found I couldn't tolerate it as some chemical or something in it really went for my airways.
Spraying a little of this little vial though, it didn't seem to have that effect.
Dare I hope that the 'revamped' version is a reformulation for the better in chemical terms?
I absolutely LOVE the new bottle!
ps. JB I love your review and lovely tribute to your Aunt Doris too. x

NarcoticVenus
NarcoticVenus

JB78- What a lovely moving tribute to your Aunt and Red Door. Sorry for your loss.

beatrix75

it is the feeling off the original but this one its litlebit softer and beter!!!not bad atall!!!!

Louvenia
Louvenia

A better interpretation of the original Red Door. Still complex and fabulous as the classic,not so ''stinky'' and powdery ''old'' as the original.Two notes recognized by my nose,oakmoss and honey.That is all about on me.I thought it might be considered,well,as a chypre.Too much oakmoss for an oriental until...the drydown.Warm,dark honey and woods on my skin.Works perfectly with my skin chemistry.I happily bought a bottle!Lasts forever too!

takeasniff

I am confused by this. When I went to the Arden counter in Myer in Australia, they had never heard of it and the saleswomen said oh no we haven't made red door in years it is too outdated! I wanted to try this. So, I am wondering if it is different from the original or the same because the info on here says it's the same but a reviewer says it is different? Also the stores have never heard of it and have no intention of selling it?

Anup
Anup

This is softer more modernized version of the orignal. I fist tried this in a small boutique in Indiana Pennsylvania and i was QUITE impressed. Don't get me wrong the original is very elegant, sensuous, powerful and assertive, but women often over-apply it. This may be a reason that most people don't care for the original as much. I have a strong suspicion that Mrs.Arden may just be testing the water with this "limited edition" formulation. Sitting back and watching the sales, determining if this may be a worthy "contender" to all of the current women's fragrances. I will be reviewing the Eau de Parfum

The top:

Upon first application there is an instant BURST of lilly of the valley and violet. Powdery, moist and "mildew" like, the combination of these two accords is very intriguing. Come to think of it, it seems that every other women's fragrance to utilize these two accords at once always has that sort of feel SOMEWHERE in the composition. Freesia, slightly fruity to my nose assists to assert of this creations femininity by rounding out it's sister notes in the top. I might also add that the first initial application of this may be rather offensive to some fragranticans. FEAR NOT!!! the dry down comes on quickly.

The middle:

Orange blossom and rose are very prominent in the middle of this fragrance. A suggestion of a sunny day is dashed to pieces by a fragrant floral thunderstorm, but that's ok because it was getting too hot anyways. Stringent ylang-ylang comes into play shortly thereafter but never fear, it is rounded out nicely by a soft powdery semi-strong jasmine. The middle is really what holds all of the "punch" to this fragrance in my opinion.

The base:

Honey is the real star of the show here, sparkling, viscous and sticky sweet. Complimented well by a DRENCHED earthy, soil-y and "dead" oak-moss. The base is VERY reminiscent of standing near a warm rushing stream. Sandalwood makes a strong appearance, but isn't so prominent, yet i believe it may be assisting in that "creek" type olfactory feeling i get.

bunny
bunny

It's very rosy. So yea, soft floral, with noticeable rosy tone.

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

cant wait to try it.

beatrix75

its can bee a very good fragrance

Red Door Limited Ediiton by Elizabeth Arden 3.43 out of 5 based on 188 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Limited Ediiton fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Limited Ediiton, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Red Door Limited Ediiton by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Red Door Limited Ediiton by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.