Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Red Door Velvet Elizabeth Arden for women

Red Door Velvet Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Red Door Velvet Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Red Door Velvet Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Red Door Velvet was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophie Labbe. Top notes are bergamot, tea, lily-of-the-valley and cyclamen; middle notes are jasmine, freesia and peony; base notes are musk, patchouli, vanille and white honey.

Bergamot Tea Lily-of-the-Valley Cyclamen

Lovely

Red Door Velvet Fragrance Reviews

dmaw
dmaw

I will be wearing this to a wedding today..still one of my scents of choice for special occasions. A hint of the original Red Door with a little more spice (cinnamony).

Whiteclimax
Whiteclimax

So good!
If I were a man I would love to smell this on a woman!! So strong and feminin. I think it would be the perfect perfume for my mom...and my father would appreciate it, haha!

Thomasania
Thomasania

I am wearing this today and I must say that it is very soothing. It wears close to the skin, unlike the original Red Door. I dont find this to be very floral, and I didnt detect any honey at all. It may be that this is so well blended that I couldnt detect any individual notes or it may be because it is such a soft scent. Eitherway, it didnt last more than three hours on my skin and had very moderate sillage after the first thirty minutes even on my clothes. In my opinion, this is a work safe scent, it is both unoffensive and tame.

Edit 5/5/14
I tested this again and it was 85 degrees out and that made a world of difference. The sillage was amped up and it was gorgeous. I think this one shines brighter in warmer months.

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

I bought a small travel size of this because I was very skeptical even after reading all of the reviews. I'm glad that I did because this is such a lovely scent... after it dies down a little bit. Red Door is such an appalling scent to me so I was really scared it was going to be something similar, but it's really not. And after about a minute of spray one spritz on my skin, I really can see the resemblance to Narciso Rodriguez for Her. Lovely! Thanks girls for always steering me in the right direction!

pigienne
pigienne

I've just received my bottle of red door velvet and I couldn't be more disappointed! I brought it online, basing my choice on the reviews I read on different sites, as I ciuld not find it in any shop...I'm a huge Narciso Rodriguez fan and I wanted to try something similar...but I can not understand how this could be considered similar to it! It smells ways too sweet and cheap... I really do not find the same deepness and elegance of the NR! I am sooooooooo sad! I think that I have no choice but buy a new bottle of Narciso.

ladynaqua
ladynaqua

So similar to Narciso Rodriguez EDT , only difference is sillage and longevity , Narciso wins in both however not a bad job if you want a cheaper version for Narciso Rodriguez ..

vicka16
vicka16

I like Red Door Velvet, but does it really belong to a floral fruity groupe? On me it smells very similar to Narciso Rodriguez EDT and Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Soft, delicat, musky scent. Though, there is a sharp note hiding somewhere deep that disturbs me, maybe it's a mix of patchouli with fressia?...
Unfortunately, the longivity is not that great, only a couple of hours.

cmoca
cmoca

Lily of the valley all the way.

I don't like Red Door at all, but this Velvet development is absolutely gorgeous from beginning to end, with the same great longevity and silage as the original.

It is indeed very "velvet" with an amazing smoothness sure to please everyone around.

Longevity: on my jacket it smells for weeks!!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

a good copy of narciso, i';m also getting a little gres cabaret.
clean white musk and and dank patchouli...which lightens up and the musk really takes over.
idk, but whenever i smell patch and musk it almost recreates an olfactory illusion of rose to me. wonder if anyone else gets that?
its cheap, great sillage and does smell really good.
i hate the original red door, but this is nice!

natural
natural

wow,is this nice! it reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez For Her AND Gucci Rush! very very long lasting musky floral! Amazing!!!

ThePinkOwl13
ThePinkOwl13

I smelled this for the first time a few days ago, and my my does it smell EXACTLY like Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT!! If you don't have the money for NR For Her EDT definitely purchase a bottle of Red Door Velvet. It's actually a bit hard to find, but Ebay usually has it listed.

soonflower
soonflower

Och yes, it is just like NR For Her and SJP Lovely but who cares I like it.
It's creamy, warm and I fell very good in it plus it's much cheaper than Rodriguez For Her.
Staying power and sillage are also impressive, so thumbs up for Red Door Velvet.

Voopie
Voopie

I´m buying this today, I just look at the notes and I know this is a perfume for me, I have every single love scent that I like, can´r wait!

rosembloom
rosembloom

I am loving this one soooo much this Fall that I will be getting myself a backup. It warms me up, makes me feel confident and bold yet feminine and sensual. A lovely floriental that turns smooth and amberish on my skin while retaining a certain sweetness and muskiness i love. To consider , even for those who despise Red Door original (imho :D )

neçhél.capulan
neçhél.capulan

I enjoy this fragrance! :)
my Sig. scent! :)
i luv the smell of it!
it's make me more confident,Fierce, & elegant

nightcat23
nightcat23

I always found the original Red Door very strong and pungent so I approached this one with caution. But I was pleasently surprised when I smelled this. It's very musky and powdery but it's all balanced well and cohesively put together. It's also clean smelling, and it's strong without being too over bearing. It projects well and lasts a long time.

gracious

lolita82

my new secret scent....

mahadewi
mahadewi

My mum loves Red Door, but I love Red Door Velvet. It's strong and long-lasting and all I smell is patchouli and musk, which is perfect for me! It's a perfume I could wear most days in the cooler weather, it makes me feel confident and sexy! It can be worn during the day, out for dinner or for a romantic evening. This perfume is an easy-wearing winner for me, and even better you can find it for a fantastic price! :)

smritivsingh

What a gem ! hidden from the world !!!
I made my hubby buy this as my B'day gift !!!
This is my second bottle..i hope they never discontinue this !!

I'm yet to figure what exactly it is abt this perfume that i like... patchouli? musky? woody tones?
Oh forget it... I love it !!

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

Wow!, me sorprende esta fragrancia de Elizabeth Arden!, fui fanatica Narciso Rodriguez for HER EDT (botella negra)y siempre tuve el deseo de encontrar algo parecido sin tener que gastar tanto, porque el perfume de Narciso es tan caro como un Chanel en donde yo vivo, y c'mon, chanel es chanel, y chicho rdz todavia esta en panales en experiencia en fragancias(to my taste)...asi es que, este es mi "dupe" huele demasiado similar, casi identico (un poco mas "polvoso" y me refiero algo similar de talco de bebe) y dura mucho mas horas en mi piel!, lo mejor de todo es que cuesta solo una fraccion de lo que cuesta el Narciso y lo que me ahorro lo gasto en probar otros bebes perfumes que tanto adoro ;)
Ah si!, las notas!!!, pues las mismas que el Narciso ;), musgo de primer nivel.

hannie5
hannie5

I don't like the original Red Door but this one is awesome on my skin. Real staying power. Sweet and musky. A little goes a long way. The packaging is lovely as well. Love it!!!!

RkrChk
RkrChk

The opening of this fragrance was somewhat scary...It was sharp on my skin...The tea notes and bergamot seems to be putting up their dukes for a winner takes all...I swear I can smell roses somewhere in this mix!

After two hours, the fight for dominance between the tea & bergamot came to a TKO...The jasmine, musk and pink peony came to the forefront, and lo & behold! The drydown smelled EXACTLY like Easy Krizia on me!

What a gorgeous finale!

florabella
florabella

This is a fragrance I have come to love, I hadn't worn musky perfumes much before this one, but now I know I enjoy them. I find this fragrance to be a beautiful blend of tea, florals and musk, nothing to offend anyone. I tend to wear this more in the fall and winter, it seems to suit my preferences more in the cooler weather. Do give in a try, you may just love it as well. It's also very affordable while not being super well known, signature scent worthy!!

smritivsingh

I crave for this fragrance !! Yes.. I do... Original Red Door is quite heavy for my liking. I would like to add that Red Door smells fantastic on my sister who is only 23 but my senses won't be able to handle it on myself. However, for the first time in my life I fell in love with a perfume which was none other than RED DOOR VELVET ! This is just beautiful, elegant and delicious... I could not smell it on myself after few sprays but I knew people could... But even after that... I want this fragrance... This fragrance has made me go nuts :p

takeasniff
takeasniff

This smells very musky. It reminds me of gucci, lovely by sarah jessica parker, n rodriguez for her. It is quite strong but different to the original red door it is much sweeter. The name fits it perfectly because it does have a luxurious velvet smell. I don't think a lot of younger people would buy it but I am 33 and I wear it sometimes. I do find it strong so I have to be in the mood for a musky perfume. If you are looking for a strong oriental or light fresh smell this is not it.

Orielle
Orielle

I bought this without smelling it based on some of the reviews and I'm SO glad I did! Red Door Velvet is a very befitting name for this perfume as it does smell velvety and luxurious on my skin. I can definitely smell the similarities with NR for her and SJP's Lovely, however the basenote is not as sweet on me as Lovely is, it's even muskier. The tea note at the top is delicious and the fact that it lasts ages on my skin (which most don't) is a definite plus. It's such a pity this has been discontinued as I had definitely found my signiature :(

Oh well, I think some stockpiling is in order!

Annica
Annica

Red Door is, and has always been, a big no no for me. No wonder that I sprayed Red Door Velvet on my wrist with some caution. There is absolutely no similarity between them. Velvet is quite smooth and opens with soft floral notes laced with a hint of Earl Grey and then it´s rounded off with a moderate amount of patchouli and vanilla, but it´s not too sweet. I have found another perfume for spring, but this can easily be used all year round. It´s really a nice fragrance.

missredvelvet
missredvelvet

I found this fragrance by chance at my local pharmacy and purchased it without a tester. An elegant and enchanting fragrance for day or night. I would wear this out to summer bbqs and to beach parties or a hot niteclub. This fragrance is delicious on a warm skin. I wear this fragrance lightly during the day but I spray it lavishly on my skin at night for a sensual, yet provocative scent. My husband adores it on me. This fragrance would suit any woman in her 30's or 40's.

fanciful
fanciful

To me this smells like an old sofa or a 2-star hotel's slightly dirty carpet. I don't know where I get these weird associations, perhaps I've once been in a hotel that had a carpet smelling like this.

Anyway, I don't like it. It doesn't cause nausea or headache but it's just something I don't want to smell like.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I brought 25ml of RD Velvet based on reviews that it is similar to NR EDP and SJP Lovely. While I can see some similiarites, I actually find that it has more in common with Badgley Mischka Couture's oily/trampy/yeasty musk than the beautiful clean synthetic pink musk that is so distinctive in NR EDP & Lovely.

Don't get me wrong, I can pick it up occasionally but it seems to oscillate between the two with a decisive drydown preference for the dirty kind.

As for the fruity opening, I cannot even begin to fathom how Elizabeth Arden came to create juicy blueberries from the listed notes. At first they are truly lovely, fresh and uplifting. In this, EA have really outdone themselves. Once the fruits are smeared against the three-day-old sweaty knickers though, I start praying for mercy. And a porcelain bus.

Luckily for EA, it seems I am alone in my sensitivity to this musk formulation. From the reviews I notice a lot of women are able to smell something far more rarefied & elegant than I can. Ladies, thank your lucky stars! I wish I was there with you.

guest_JaninaNina
guest_JaninaNina

There is absolutely nothing I like about the Original Red Door. But this one, Wow! What is lovelier :) than Lovely. It manages to be fresh and gentle while musky. Well done! Who is the perfumer?

guest_ginnycat
guest_ginnycat

WOW! What a wonderful musky, powdery and floral scent! Has nothing in common with the original "Red Door" scent!
A great composition for a reasonable price. Can´t believe I found such a great fragrance in this price range.
Can be compared to "For Her" (N.Rodriguez) and "Lovely" (SJP) and is even better in my opinion!
Wonderful creation-thank you for this beautiful fragrance.

arianperfume
arianperfume

Similar to Narciso Rodriguez for Her and need I to say, waaaaaaaay cheapper, longlasting also, LOVE it, for me it is a floral musk though!

guest_danny
guest_danny

nice perfume

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I remember smelling this one and liking it a lot. I haven't seen it again, this one is definitely nicer and more wearable. It doesn't smell like Red Door at all!

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

An elegant one really. It's green but not too much, a soft green tea accompanied with flowers, not bitter or sour.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I haven't tried this one yet although I'd like to because Red Door is my all time absolute favorite.I have never seen this anywhere to get a sample.I have Red Door Revealed and I like that one alot but this is hard to find!

There isn't really any comparison between this scent and the original Red Door. If you disliked Red Door, I urge you not to dismiss this fragrance.

The fragrance itself is quite musky, but nicely done. I think Red Door Velvet is more of a floral than a fruity scent. The bergamot in the opening is so subtle that you would have missed it entirely had you not been informed of its presence.

I was actually both shocked and pleasantly surprised by how expensive-smelling and sophisticated this fragrance is. The scent has a certain richness and warmth that exudes class.

The lasting strength was quite good I found, certainly better lasting than Red Door.

I won't say that this fragrance is better than Red Door, because in my opinion they both smell lovely when worn by the right person, however I'll admit that this fragrance would most likely be the more popular choice over the original.

For something deep, rich and unique from the Elizabeth Arden fragrance range, I would definitely recommend.

CFKay
CFKay

To me this smells just like Narciso Rodrigues for Her. Strong floriental which will not please everyone. I have to really be in the mood to wear this. Personally, I don't think this can compare to the original Red Door.

Kama
Kama

I agree it is quite unsual scent. Beautiful one!
Although I think they are more orintal floral... better to wear them in the evening..then they are very sexy, sensual...

solocha
solocha

It is one of the best elegant perfumes I have smelled, it is velvety, soft, smooth flowery scent, and smells exclusive. Better than Red Door.

kimberly
kimberly

This is an unusual scent. I like the die down of the scent...I can't smell the top notes at first spray. It seems more powdery and strong. But it dies down to a soft scent in 10 minutes. And my husband likes it. It really is hard to capture the notes in this one. But it ends up powdery soft with some musk and a bit of freesia and very slight vanilla. I like it...But it has to grow on you, and you will like it better after it dies down.

Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden 3.72 out of 5 based on 152 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Velvet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Red Door Velvet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.