Designers » D E » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Spiced Green Tea Elizabeth Arden for women

Spiced Green Tea Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Spiced Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Spiced Green Tea was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian. Top notes are ginger, rhubarb, lemon verbena, anise and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, tea and cardamom; base notes are labdanum, sandalwood, patchouli and incense.

Ginger Rhubarb Lemon Verbena Anise Lemon

Jasmine Tea Cardamom

Labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli Incense

Green Tea Intense
Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

Spiced Green Tea Fragrance Reviews

miaou
miaou

In short - Green Tea Spiced smells like sweet granulated lactation fennel tea. It is a quite successful mix of Green Tea Intense and Guelain's Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella. If you like both - this is gonna be your next favourite!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Nice green tea note accented by the ginger, but it's not very strong. Good for an office setting or casual wear because it doesn't project very much. The notes are beautiful, they just seem very muted somehow. I wish this was a stronger scent.

curvealert
curvealert

This is really rather nice! Spiced Green Tea is a nicely blended spicy floral scent where the ginger and anise dominate the top notes instead of the usual citrus. The tea is in there somewhere but it isn't centre stage. I can see where other reviewers are coming from when they refer to Omnia/5 O'Clock au Gingembre - this is a lighter, sparklier version minus the chocolate notes. It's definitely unisex, but there's sweetness present when I tested it on my skin.

I can definitely see myself wearing this in the summer, but I suspect I'll have to bring the bottle with me to boost its longevity.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This smells very similar to Givenchy Eau Torride and also similar to Eau Ressourcante by Clarins. It has Spice and Bergamot at the same time. Very good, ideal for a summer evening when you want both lightness and character.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

The anise in this one is very fresh and naturalistic, and it is the note that stands out to me once it dries. When hiking in the hills near my house in the evenings, I often pass little thickets of wild anise bushes. They fill the air with the most lovely scent, and Spiced Green Tea has managed to capture the green, aromatic, slightly dusty aroma of the trail. I can also smell faint jasmine, the green tea, and ginger. Altogether a very pleasant fragrance that smells natural and fresh. This perfume would be perfect to wear to outdoor events or festivals where a more synthetic fragrance might be overpowering and out of place.

Longevity is about 3 hours on my skin; longer on clothes. Light sillage.

Edit: I have experimented a bit, and found that layering this over Lush Vanillary solid perfume makes this a lot more interesting to me, and something I will keep. I had thought I wouldn't wear it much until I discovered that.

kadinurr
kadinurr

I bought used Spiced Green Tea and the first spritz was terrible old man tobacco smell. But if I tried it later it was nice unisex version of the Green Tea. I think the beginning was just gotten bad in the tube (oxygen maybe).

The green tea base makes it indeed cold, despite the spices like Nuppu said before. I think I won`t be wearing it in the winter. It is the first scent I can wear in the summer (fruity-florals always turn synthetic on my skin).

If I want to get bit sexiness into this one then I layer it with sweet (also powdery) scents. I am not into sweet scents, this way I can make them tolerable and even nice.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I agree with the reviewers who find it a tad too masculine. In the shop, smelling the tester I was pretty sure it had gone off; later, I had the chance to get a full bottle at a ridiculously low price, so I gave it another go. It's a prickly, dry fragrance that makes me sneeze (and the sprayer dispenses huge wet bursts of the stuff); no sweetness to it, yet with a transparent quality that distinguishes it from other, classic spicy oriental scents, which tend to be heavy. This transparent quality is the only sign of kinship to the original EA Green Tea. I found I wasn't using Spiced Green Tea enough to make possession of it worthwhile, but was unwilling to get rid of it as I loved the bottle design so much. So now I layer it; it tempers the choking sweetness of, say, Charlie Gold: the offspring of these two cheapies is interesting and complex.

G00D_Girl

This fragrance on its own is nice, but not all that exciting... however pair it with M Mariah Carey and the combination is divine!

UPDATE: Also layers very nicely with Bvlgari Omnia... maybe even better then M...

chaz
chaz

I love original Green Tea so thought i would give this one a try and can honestly say I really did not like this one, just too distant from the original for me.

elderflowers
elderflowers

A slightly fruity tea/fresh root ginger that manages to be warm and have a peppery 'prickliness', like the effervescence in ginger ale. This is a simple affair, and to me lacks the sticky, smoky indulgence and sensory promise of Serge Lutens '5 O'Clock...', but on the other hand it's ideal for daytime use. I am very much enjoying this on warmer days this winter.

I agree that despite the pink colour scheme, some may find it a little on the masculine side, though I don't mind this at all. Anyone who likes Demeter's tea scents and/or 'Ginger Ale', and doesn't mind a light bitter-sweetness, could do a lot worse than risk £5 or so for a 50ml tester of this: it has rather better lasting power than many Demeters, and it's hard to find a more laid-back and unisex spicy scent. I'll miss this one when no more can be found.

scentsuelle
scentsuelle

Fresh yet spicy, perfect for "Indian Summer" and what I would term a good "work smell", it's a bit non-descript but still nice.

G00D_Girl

I like this and use it when I am hanging around the house in the fall and winter.

I also pair this with Hugo Boss Deep red.

to me ginger is more intense than tea.unfortunately I'm not a great fan of ginger.it can almost be a unisex fragrance.so spicy perfume fans would adore this,though I think it lacks the character that most of spicy perfume fans seek in a perfume.to me it smells too sour and too spicy.
in the end I should add up that the long lasting power is much better than original green tea.

smellynich
smellynich

imagine you are preparing a cup of a little delight after walking home from work in the coldest winter of the year..you put the greentea to a teapot of hot water while waiting you lit a candle for the teapot to keep it warm now your tea is ready you pour it to your cup and smelled the aroma then you put a little squeeze of lemon juice to it and a bit of spices to spice it up a little after drinking you blew the candle and sniffed some of the smoke mixed with the hint of the residue of the tea in your mouth and after that your left with nothing but an empty cup of tea and an unlit candle..

EASGT is a light tea scent with a hint of citrus and spices.. after 10 min you will smell this smoky almost cigar scent and then it disappers like you are portraying the empty cup of tea you are left with.

not sweet, just spicy and also kind of woody. slightly lemony, but not too. lasts a little longer on me than the original EA green tea. i actually prefer that one to this, but this is an ok day scent.

6 out of 10.

sijenbarrett
sijenbarrett

Got this as a blind buy off eBay, was a bit over zealous with my bidding and ended up with two bottles!! got the 1st bottle 50ml, sprayed it on, Sharp blast and straight to an awful musty smell amost tabacoo smell.. So dissapointed..Recalled a review of an Old Mans Cologne and that’s what I felt.......BUT today I received the 2nd bottle 100ml and after yesterdays experience - I was not eager but i thought, no open it and give it another go and I am so GLAD I did cause the 1st bottle was definitely OFF...
It like this!! it's refreshing. Blast of sharpness in the beginning which doesn’t last, Slightly sweet and clean cut, and slightly masculine in the dry down - but I like that too..
I am not into very sweet girly frags and this works perfectly for me.. Doesn’t last very long on my skin unfortunately..

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Have you ever felt like you cheated on a school test when you find a special perfume for next to nothing? And even more so when it's an excellent alternative for an expensive niche fragrance that you've been hankering for?

Spiced Green Tea is that for me, and is the fraternal twin to Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre. I bought this on thE bay for under $14 for 3.3oz (including shipping!). Slightly sharper and with woody anise instead of Five O'Clock's dry cacao. Neither fragrance has a whole lot of tenacity as far as longevity goes, but at $120 for SL's 1.7oz, I'm very happy with this less expensive option.

Bright and citrussy to open with ginger and rhubarb adding an edginess. Then it warms down to a delectable spiced, floral incense with subtle tea and woods. Hot and energetic. I'm loving this all the way.

takeasniff
takeasniff

No No and No! This is not nice at all. Yes it is spicey but like Indian cooking which as food is a good thing but not something I want to spray all over my self. I really wanted to like this but it just smells spicey in totally the wrong way. I only saw it once and have never seen it anywhere again in the stores. As usual it doesn't last more than a second like the other tea versions.

garf73
garf73

love it... I smell like an apple pie...

BIG
BIG

Totally unisex! Licorice on steroids! Spicy and flavorful!

chyprecat
chyprecat

Really quite fabulous! It can still be found in the UK on some of the perfume websites for next to nothing, and is the deal of the century.

Rich, warm, spicy; smells like liqourice to me and has an 'edible' quality.

Lasts very well on my skin, and has a coziness to it. Very much a winter perfume for me, but I can wear it any time. I try to ration it as I know at some point I won't be able to find it any more.

Get it while you can, ladies (and gents as I think men could wear it too!)

allexa27
allexa27

Awful.At the beggining is too citrusy,it reminds of cologne of an old man,than it settles to very light tea and it dessapers after 10 minutes.What is wrong with this one????
The notes listed here are great but the frag is the total loss of money

Polymath
Polymath

even worse that the regular green tea perfume - on me, anyway

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

When I tried it, the spices (I felt pepper) went through my head. A smell so strong, so hot, my eyes had filled with tears. The green tea's aroma was very light, quite distant... On me not long lasting.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

The tea note in this perfume is not really intense, it is spicy and at the same time crisp. It is much more interesting than the Green Tea made by Elizabeth Arden. The only problem I have with this fragrance is that it does not last on the skin at all. I prefer to wear something that will stay with me and this one just didn't do it. For a person who doesn't like heavy perfumes, this may be a nice one to try.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Do find this somehow cold, despites all the spices. And masculine too, coud suit men better. Not my can of cola.

cool i love this..how they smell...mmmm like so hooott on your skinnn

Marianne

I got a sample of it today and I can say that it really matches its name. In the beginning, the spicy notes are a bit stronger, but then, the tea appears. An interesting fragrance that shows you another facet of green tea.

Marianne

Yes, it's a pity that you can't buy/test it anymore. I would probably like to buy it on Ebay. Is the tea note intense? (At the moment, I'm really into tea...)

lillybee
lillybee

Probably the best spiced tea-themed perfumes ever made. Fresh, leafy and spicy softened with velvety jasmin. Not too long-lasting but an olfactive gem. Pity it's been discontinued.

Spiced Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden 3.06 out of 5 based on 162 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spiced Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spiced Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.