Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Splendor Elizabeth Arden for women

Splendor Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Splendor Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Splendor Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Splendor by Elizabeth Arden is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Splendor was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is James Krivda. Top notes are pineapple, wisteria, freesia, peony, hiacynth, apple, sweet pea and bergamot; middle notes are magnolia, tea rose, lily, poppy, orchid, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, dark woodsy notes, musk, cedar and brazilian rosewood.

Pineapple Wisteria Freesia Peony Hiacynth Apple Sweet Pea Bergamot

Forever

Splendor Fragrance Reviews

whimsicalpopsicle
whimsicalpopsicle

It was a blind buy for me. Way too many flowers for my perfume taste but there's something ... I've tested it many times, tried to like it, gave up on it and then started spraying it on my blazer rack. Just to use it up. I gave it another shot today because there was something making me restless ...I have it on my wrist today and I finally got it. It smells like those retro flower scented little soaps that my mum was buying, we put them in wardrobes, in between nicely folded clothes.

I remember these soaps being too strong for my nose but I imagine they were so strong so that when you took a bath, it stayed on you a bit. Just like on my clothes after having those soaps around.

After an hour it's exactly that flower scent. Now I just have to mix this with some vanilla or coconut lotion, to break that flower domination vibe.

Overall, scent with depth, such a great buy for that price!

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

I tried Splendor and I am not pleased at all. It's sillage is very weak and the scent lasts less than three hours. I was determined to blind buy it, what a luck I had the chance to smell it.

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

I have been getting rid of the excess in my fragrance collection. Those fragrances that I enjoy owning, but don't move my soul.

Completely unaware, I found a new staple in my collection. Never have I bought something so reasonable, not really knowing what I was getting, and at Ross to boot.

I knew this much. I read here on Fragrantica Splendor is a floral with what seemed as if there would be a focus on the LOTV. That sounded good. I have always been passionate about Lily of the Valley to the point I had to retire from wearing it for several years. Happily, my soul sisters Lily of the Valley,Lilac,Wisteria and Lavendar have reclaimed their place as my top of the heap favorites in my in-the-beginning favorite category the die-hard florals. Really, I am just an old fashioned girl with her heart in the nineteenth century, and feet in the 21st.

Splendor is an olfactory journey through a garden of my favorite flowers.This garden is resplendent of the sweet-tart accord filled of powdery purples and blues.

I am in heaven.

I bought my bottle of perfection for peanuts at Ross. How can that be??

Splendor is perfect .Perfect in it's presentation of itself. It' s so much better than so many pretty fragrances that I have paid four times more for.

I get the pure flower essenses without the chemical backdrop that many of the modern, commercial perfumes of today possess. It is simply flowers, clear and bright. Nothing to detract for the pure simplicity, which I love.

I hope Splendor will be available for a long, long time.

An interesting layering trick is mixing Splendor with a couple spritzes of Insolence and a little LouLou before bedtime. It's the violet and heliotrope addition that helps me sleep.But really, it's Splendor on it's own that makes me happiest.

Pure magic!

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

I recently purchased this fragrance and I must say that I am very pleased. I think it smells the way I expect a woman to smell like it is pretty, clean, fresh, feminine, floral and light. These notes are put together quite nicely. I feel very pretty when I use this perfume. I actually perchased this for $20, what a great price. I also think this fragrace is perfect to waer to work. I am very pleased. This will be a staple in my collection.

cmlee22
cmlee22

nice but i gave it to my mom. she almost never wears perfume but she liked it and she's really picky...

Carolann59
Carolann59

This is a nice surprise and I hightly recommend it ...Pretty, light, floral, fruity and a good buy for the EDP. Good longevity (about 4+ hours on me).

It's whispers - no shrill notes here - I get a burst of Lilly of the Valley up front which quickly gave way to pineapple. Where's the rose, I wonder? It finishes with (finally!) soft Hyacinth and LOTV so I am extremely pleased! the more I wear it the more I like it.

Best for cooler Spring-like weather, though...in the heat it turns into something unpleasant on me.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Crisp, clean, slightly powdery and sweet. Every time I wear Splendor I receive a lot of compliments, so I should really wear it more often and intend to do in spring and summer 2014 :)
Splendor is a truly lovely floral fragrance. I love Lily of the Valley so naturally I'm sold. I'm not sure which of the notes is stronger - LOTV or Hiacynth, but it really doesn't matter because the result is sooo pretty! The few fruit notes added to this composition give it a fresh quality, I assume, although the Pineapple might be responsible for the sweetness also. I am a fan of EA fragrances and cosmetics - always great value and quality for the money paid. If you love floral fragrances you should try this! I am wearing it today and layered it with a single spritz of YSL Paris to give it a little more punch on this cold winter day - the result is amazing :)

Tine1world
Tine1world

Thank you Sky74 and Nyoka and the rest too. Loved your reviews, and others on here on Fragrantica that can write and write well.

It's milder weather again here in Melbourne, whilst the rest of the country is smouldering in a heat wave, we have the luck to have it mild so far. The kind of weather where you flop around the house in your smart comfy clothes and the mood is casual.

The ingredients in 'Splendor' are similar to many other fragrances in my wardrobe collection, which sad to say is probably way over the top too many. But I don't care. Each of my fragrances represents a mood, and they do give me great joy.

'Splendor' is a pleasing enough fragrance, as are most other Elizabeth Arden's fragrances. Which mostly represent excellent value for money. Just recently I have seen 'Splendor' being sold for under 10 Aussie dollars for a 125 mill EDP bottle. Though I've had mine for a few years now, and paid a lot more for it then.

This is not a strong biting scent, at first application I could immediately detect the citrus and mandarin notes which on me dry down very quickly and hardly seem detectable, but in the background I can sense it's complicated notes faintly gaining my attention.

You have to hand it to Elizabeth Arden's perfume house for consistency and product choice. I would love to own her entire collection, alas not all Arden's fragrances suit me.

I see the words gourmand, foody and yummy often cited here by wise and knowledgeable Frangrantica members, who I avidly rely upon to gain a deeper understanding of something we all love. 'Splendor' seems edible on me.

'Splendor' might suit a casual day or a serious one, because I feel this fragrance is subtle am not yet convinced unique, however it is a good and pleasing fragrance to wear when a more serious and understated vibe is required.

The base notes of 'Splendor' kick in quite early, within an hour of application, a slightly woody and green aroma still with a hint of creamy citrus fruits. Lily of the Valley is strongly there in the background. Reminding me of something my mother used to wear in the 70's when she herself was in her 30's. It might have been an 'Avon' fragrance? that I recall she used to love. Mother is now in mid 70's and she from memory always had a penchant for the spicier heavy scents ie 'Youth Dew, Paris etc. It seems strange I should be reminded of her by 'Splendor'.

Many hours later after applying 'Splendor', and a good nights sleep, I could still smell the fragrance on my upper wrists, sitting very close to my skin. A whole 16 hours had passed since I applied this fragrance. Ps I use gloves for food prep and washing. Having to suffer unfortunately from dermatitis on my hands.

'Splendor' is a very long lived fragrance, again harking back to excellent Bang For one's Buck: Colloquially speaking.

I would say Lily of the Valley dominates over the other notes with a soft hint of wood and musk. In my opinion and agreeing with others here. 'Splendor' is an elegant albeit generic fragrance, and most likely has been copied over and over again by the bulk of celebrity fragrances now available and of late flooding the market.

Cheers T.

Ouch! What a scrub on me!
I remember this to be worn by a friend of mine and it was ok on her, but on my chemistry it turns to something almost rotten or gone bad.
There is just this silly note I cannot point out, but it smells like something very dry and almost cigarette-like that clenches my throat. similar note in Cacharel Eau d'Eden.
shame. The rest of blend is lovely, even if a little bit of everything. Definetely a generic floral with some good flowers, but not on me.
It's strong and longlasting.

stillsinnend
stillsinnend

I bought this one with the idea of it becoming my new favourite spring fragrance. And indeed, initially it smelled like a bouquet of spring flowers in a crystal clear morning in March. Pretty soon afterwards I began to perceive a shrill plastic note which persistently took over. So much for the magic.
Could it have gone bad? I store it properly, just like all my other fragrances.
For the same amount of money or less, you can get Desir de Nature by Yves Rocher and if you're looking for a spring bouquet fragrance, I recommend you do.
(A beautiful flacon though, especially the cap. Perhaps I'll get rid of the juice and keep it.)

Smaragdas
Smaragdas

Honestly, only for seaside on hot days, mixing with other scents to give it some depth, or as a bathroom fragrance... Smells cheap.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I just realized how similar this is to Eternity.

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

It's pleasant, but unremarkable to my nose. The scent does seem familiar. Maybe because it has that fresh laundry kind of feel. Also, it has sort of a minty quality to it. Basically I smell an asortment of flowers, and mint. It's nothing I would put in my favorites but I imagine a lot of people prefer these clean, fresh scents.

Sassy1

Used this as bathroom spray and finally finished up the bottle...Yea!!

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

Unfortunately this reminds me of the way magazine pages smell. It's cheap, but please avoid blind buying if possible.

sky74
sky74

I wonder why people are saying this scent suits only "mature" women. I had a sample of it when I was in my very early 20's and I loved it. I don't think taste has anything to do with age: In my teens my favorite perfumes were Opium, Poison, and Beautiful, which may be considered "mature" scents. Now I'm a little older and I like "younger" scents. My mother, who wore Chanel 5 and Opium most of her life, prefers sweet fruity scents right now. So tastes may change, chronological age changes naturally, but in our state of mind we are always always very young. So the hell with age "restrictions", go ahead and wear whatever you want, whenever you want.

lizettchen
lizettchen

at the beginning i thought "gee, i bought a gardenia plantation", but after a few minutes came the lilly and a creamy-fresh feeling. I must admit that i had more expectations but for this price its a very good choice if youre looking for a sensitive and fresh fragrance for everyday use.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Lovely scent for a mature woman. Flowery clean scent that give you an out of the shower feel. I detect violet notes not listed. Good inexpensive scent that is good for everyday wear in the spring and summer. Thank you Tomasania for your generous giveaway!

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I have a few EA scents in my collection and like/love most of them, so when my friend bough "Splendor" for a very cheap price, I was curious to test this one.
One spray on my wrist and it instantly hit me...a lily-of-the-valley note that allows no competition of any other notes.

On me "Splendor" is a lily-of-the-valley bomb like no other, its LOTV note is sharp, unforgiving and too much of a good thing, which makes it a bad thing. It doesn't mellow out and doesn't seem to have a middle or dry down, no, on me it's al sharp screeching LOTV. It gives me a headache and makes me slightly dizzy. After enduring it for 3 hours (I was in transit and couldn't scrub my wrist) I had to pull my sleeve down in a futile effort to *stop* the LOTV note from permeating my head into a dizzy spell, but alas, this Splendor is a longevity and silage monster and I applaud the chemistry that can tame it.

On the plus side: if you're a REAL LOTV fan then this one should be on the top of your must try list. It's vert inexpensive and this lilly wont wilt and will stay with you far into the next day because even a scrubbing of my wrist could not really diminish its power.

Alas, despite the very friendly price and the elegant bottle, this one is definitely not for me - but don't let that deter you fro trying and enjoying it. Good luck!

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Very fresh, light, clean and good staying power. Nice everyday sort of perfume - especially in the warmer months.

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

OMG! This perfume attacked me LOL =) I got it for free with my last perfume purchase. I had a feeling it was going to be something that i wont like but i gave it a shot. It is sweet indeed...at first.. and then a sharp blue flowery smell took over that was more than i could handle. I literally couldn't breath from it... and at the same time i found it ridiculously funny that a perfume was wrestling with me. Its the sort of scent that will fight with u and u'll just have to find out who will dominate in this relationship .... u or it. Its almost like it was forcing me to like it. Very feisty! LOL I like it just because it went down kicking and screaming. =)

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Light fresh very slightly lemony floral, slighty soapy. Very clean and fresh. Would think about buying some time

Latindancer
Latindancer

I do love this scent. It's light and airy, very floral, very fresh. Not powdery floral, it's a clean green floral. Nothing too unique or memorable though, just a very nice, pleasant smell. Suitable for everyday occasions where you just want to smell nice without drowning people around you! I would picture a little garden around me when I wear it, my own personal floral garden. Works very well with my body chemistry, if only the sillage is better and lasting power is longer, it would definitely be my signature! But as of now, it's Bvlgari's Jasmin Noir!

magie
magie

soft white floral,very nice. Lots of pretty white flowers and a little rosewood. The dry down is simply pretty. It is a little soapy, but that just make it fresh and clean. Perfect for work or an occasion where you want to feel pretty,but discreet. I don't think it would offend. I like it for campaigning, for my husband's election. It is lady like,feminine,and charming. It is also discreet,like Hiris from Hermes. It doesn't really smell like Hiris, but it is subtle and refined. The price is the best part. It smells expensive but it isn't. One of the most affordable scents I own. LOVE LOVE LOVE

mhubbard
mhubbard

very intense sour gardinia scent, just absolutely horrid and stinky. I had to cancel my evening plans after purchasing and applying, as I realized I could not be near other people and unfortauntely could not go home and shower. For gardinia lovers only. The vast majority of perfumes just bore me- very, very few perfumes are as bad as this. Cheap for a reason.

Bunnylove
Bunnylove

At first I was wearing it only for exams and formal ocasions but right now it's one of my most favourite! It says on me for many hours and on my clother ever for days (especially on scarfs). Definitely I will buy it again.

PastelMoon

In fact this perfume could be considered a young scent, not every young person should smell like sweet tacky fruits, elegance is ageless.

Pasaka
Pasaka

It's definitely a nice scent. Sweet and floral, perhaps too floral for me. I feel being an elegant, sophisticated mature woman, not a light, young girl :/ So my advice will be not to buy this perfume if you are under 25-30 years. It's a big no-no

PastelMoon

Splendor is a highly versatile, vivid, optimistic scent. A basic white fresh floral with sharper green nuances and a bit of tropical, almost bubblegum like sweetness to it. It dries down soapy and lightly powdery. Unlikely to offend, this one is a safe choice for everyday or even more fancy occasions. It's elegant but playful and i love wearing it anytime.

wattie
wattie

Splendor is a pretty good perfume, I like floral fruity but not sickening fragrances. I'm quite picky so a cheap scent I can wear everyday is a rare find. It's not my favourite ever (Jimmy Choo, Flora by Gucci, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Amor Amor Cacharel etc) but the bottle looks good on my dressing table, and the scent is floral and musky in a good way.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I bought this blind and whilst it's not a favourite, it's certainly lovely enough to have in my scent wardrobe.

On first spray it's fresh, astringent, floral and even slightly ozonic.

The drydown is soft white petals, clean laundry and something sharp that I can't quite identify. It's almost as if they added a sharp, almost ozonic note instead of making it a floral white musk. With the opening being so feminine and floral, I almost expected it to go in the white musk sort of direction rather than this one.

So how would I describe this? Well it's like a bunch of white flowers next to bar of soap with a sharp green sliced open fern leaf rubbed into it.

Edit: After looking at the notes on here, I am quite surprised to see pineapple as I did not detect that at all. I can definitely smell Lily of the Valley, hyacinth and carnation. Maybe the slightly sharp note is the cedarwood? I don't know, but something knocks this slightly off kilter for me. Not necessarily a bad thing in a scent.

Voopie
Voopie

I tried it on today and all I can say is WOW!!! :) So classy and beautiful. I'm in love :)

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I bought this one blindly, because people said it smells like Dove. And I looove Dove and Nivea scents.

Well, I don`t think it smells like Dove at all, but it IS surprisingly nice for being a floral. Very powdery, a bit sweet and creamy. A bit sour too unfortunately...
I can`t pick out any specific notes, it`s well blended.

Good enough, and nice price. Cute bottle also.

UPDATE: I get a whiff of ash tray in this perfume... the same ah tray that I find in J.Lo Glow, Cerruti 1881, Versace Baby Rose, Eternity, Le Jardin and so on... NOT NICE.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

When I first sprayed this I thought "Oh dear God, what did I do!!" Wait......about 10 minutes later this beautiful sweet almost honeysuckle scent begins to unfold and the initial harshness subsides. Very pretty fragrance and so inexpensive!!!

nastyamason
nastyamason

Love it! My favorite among Elizabeth Arden fragrances. So feminine!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Yummy! Splendor is just perfect when you want to be sweet and cuddly or pretty and flowery....it would be great for church or the office. It is non offensive and delicate. If you were trying to decide whether to buy Alfred Sung Forever (as mentioned above, I have both) or Splendor...Splendor is heavier and the florals are much more distinctive. Alfred Sung is delightful and delicate. But personal preference for me is Splendor. A 4oz bottle of Splendor can be found on Overstock for about 20.00 or less. ♥ Happy Perfuming!

kateridelisle
kateridelisle

The perfect fragrance to lightly scent your hair or clothing, seems to work better than on my skin. A nice clean and white floral fragrance;a great spring/summer scent. I personally love the original white Dove soap scent, so this is a nice companion scent for just after showering.

goldpoint
goldpoint

Reminds me of Nivea deo spray and the original Dove soap.Very clean,soapy ,with a blue nuance-love it.The bottle looks terrible,but I don't care.I'm saying that only because I am surprised they put that pleasant scent into such a simple bottle.Didn't they have a little bit more imagination?

akia vida

O.K so I tried it again and waited patiently....
It was o.k'ish. I have a weird love/hate relationship with this fragrance. I love the floral but yet there is one flower that I detest. It is too strong for me. It is either the Lily-of-the-Valley or the Hiacinth.

It does have a long staying power on me, stays on my skin and clothes the whole day.

When I choose to what fragrance to wear for the day I do find myself pushing this bottle to the back.
I might give it away to someone who will appreciate it more.

review update:
I gave this to my sister who absolutely loved it. It smells realy good on her and when she wears it I really love the smell but on me it is still too much. Made my sister happy. She seems to have taken a shine to my other EA perfumes as well... mwaha my plan to turn her into a perfum maniac as well seems to be working.

Perfumefreak
Perfumefreak

Very beautiful with a big B. Indeed.
Classic, sophisticated and exquisite lady this is.
Very suitable scent for a business or other significant meeting, for an elegant dinner party.
Beautiful white flowers and enough sweetness to please your senses.
"Noisy little sister" to 5th avenue. Has the same atmosphere and classical feeling.
Strong scent though.
I will recommend to you all.
All time classic!

paleface
paleface

What a lovely bouquet this is! Fresh with white AND coloured flowers! Pineapple and sweet pea give some sweetness but not too much: this scent is not cloying, not candy-like, not gourmand. Actually there is nothing "too much" to my nostrils. Very well balanced, smells expensive. However, if you are looking for a headturner, this isn't your cup of tea. Splendor is like a beautiful hostess in some official party; knowing herself, smiling and talking to everyone, taking her space - but always discreetly...

Elizabeth Arden, in my opinion, makes some real quality scents. It's such a shame to see some people so ready to disregard the brand before giving it a fair chance. Splendor is highly underrated, and far beyond average when compared to some other white florals, most notably lily of the valley based scents. Splendor is almost as pretty as Diorissimo.

This fragrance is fresh, feminine and clean. The florals in this composition are sparkling and pure, just enough to satisfy some serious floral cravings. Lily of the valley comes across as being rather dominant in Splendor, with jasmine, hyacinth, freesia and wisteria smoothing out the scent and adding a pleasant soapiness.

Splendor is innocent and casual. A great scent to spritz on when you don't know what else to wear. It also suits almost every season and occasion. I personally love it for its versatility.

Young women, like myself, most likely walk past this fragrance in the stores thinking it'd be something boring and plain like the bottle and packaging it comes in. I half expect there would be discriminatory remarks like, "only for grannies" to follow in suit. I stand up for this fragrance, and openly declare that it is a scent worth testing, especially if florals are your thing.

Splendor is wonderfully inexpensive, however I also fear that it may be soon discontinued. My mother loves this brand, and this fragrance. I would be saddened if fragrances, such as this one, were to become no longer available. It's a beautifully composed scent, that has really left a good impression with me. Did I mention that the sillage and longevity was good too? Please, give it a try. It's not just for 'old ladies', even though I don't disagree that your grandmother would probably love Splendor too.

Enchntress
Enchntress

Damn my chemistry!! Yet another blind buy perfume that smells terrible on me. At first, a huge blast of synthethic floral something or other, then it truly smells like bloody baby powder. Not quite the scent I'm going for...

Brand new bottle up for trade if anyone is interested.

manel.saaidani
manel.saaidani

my favorite parfum <3<3

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

This is very natural, sensual, charming floral scent. It's classy elegant, without any sour ingredients,although still fresh and very pleasing. I found it proper to wear for work, leasure or simply when I'm at home. Really very feminine and safe signature-tipe fragrance, still very interesting with hint of woodsy smell. Lovely and timeless. Undervaluated fragrance IMHO. I think you can't regret, if purchase!

akia vida

When I read most reviews I should like this scent but I just don't. I've tried it once and can not get myself to try it again. Maybe my nose has gone off but all I got was icky baby nappies... or maybe the bottle I've got is off ???

I will have to try out the patience of exciter76 and give this one another try. I so badly want to like this smell. I'll try it when I'm not going anywhere. When I'm just going to hang out at home.. here's hoping for a second chance, where I will patiently wait for the dry down to give me a nice surprise.

arimegahot

My mother's favorite perfume, makes a woman look more modern and beautiful, subtle and confident, I also enjoy it when she uses.

Christchurch
Christchurch

Absolutely love the fresh scent with my wallet friendly price tag. Not too sweet, and very subtle clean smell, totally office friendly. I can't find any Oriental note though.

arimegahot

el perfume favorito de mi mamá, la hace lucir la mujer mas moderna y bella, sutil y con confianza, tambien lo disfruto yo cuando ella lo usa

Migalex
Migalex

Here is a perfume which is not pricey but is absolutely lovely. I do not think it is an oriental floral but rather a very balanced floral fruity. The balance between the top fruity acidity and the slightly sweet floral heart is really a masterpiece.I actually think it is one of the best balanced floral fruity perfumes, not too fruity neither sickeningly sweet at the top, nor too acidic or sour, a bit sour but with a very smooth transition from top to heart, and with a truly floral heart of lilly of the valley and freesia. And not too sweet at the base either. Because it has no or at least not much vanilla, the sweetness from the heart on is very smooth and floral. From the heart on the scent does not change drastically and does keep its character throughout the dry down. Lasting power is excellent but unfortunately sillage is not as great. It is a shower fresh perfume, which I enjoy better in the evening. Overall very very good, much but much better than most of the floral fruity selling for six times its price. It does smelll complex, has got density and depth and it is quite strong, which I like. I like it very very much. I agree that it is not a head turner and does not have a strong character or make a statement, but i think that most people will find it very pleasant. Contrarily to other people I love the bottle. The name and the ad are also lovely. Love the sentence. I think it has been discontinued because it is not listed in Elizabeth Arden's site. Has it? Does everyone know?

xxSniffyThePerfumeBunnyxx
xxSniffyThePerfumeBunnyxx

Just smells like soap to me. Sweetens after a while.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

Splendor is a heavy redolent bouquet of heady florals on my skin. I have to say that I love it. It makes me feel like a southern belle lazing in the hazy, humid summer with heavy headed lilies nearby and the low buzz of the honey bee in the background. The sweet pea makes the lily of the valley a little less overpowering and the bergamot and sandalwood give a delicious soapy tang making it feel fresher than it might otherwise do.

exciter76
exciter76

Splendor and I have an odd relationship. I am an all-day-sucker for the sultry innocence that are white florals. However, Elizabeth Arden fragrances and I have a ‘frienemy’ kind of relationship: Red Door was my first love but 5th Avenue is a wretched, regurgitated mess of bad, bad flowers on my wrist. Splendor straddles the fence between the casual flippancy of most late 1990s fragrances (the fruity floral aspect) and the romantic intensity of a late 1970s powerhouse (the floriental aspect). This sometimes translates to a duality of personality that I find I have to be in the right mindset with which to deal.

Today I was in the right mood and the right climate to handle this velvet steamroller. The first spray is the sharpest, blasting on with a pungent fleshy fruitiness that I am never fully prepared for. I am pretty certain I can blame the pineapple and sweet pea for this. It is also at this point that I wonder why I still keep this one around. Luckily, I have acquired patience as I’ve gotten older so I do not mind waiting out the fifteen minutes or so for the top notes to pop a Ritalin and calm down.

What I am eventually left with is a sweet cream concoction of bold white florals that were meant for the winter months. This is a white cashmere cardigan, one that is totally appropriate for winter wear, contrary to fashion standards which state, “No wearing white after Labor Day.” The heart packs a white floral wallop using spicy amber-flavored brass knuckles (think vintage Chloe-esque). The base smolders with a soft, subtly smoky musk that does not fall prey to the powderbomb trap of most 1980s fragrances; imagine the last few strains of musk that linger in Happy before it completely evaporates. It is for those elements that I continue to reach for this one.

The sillage is pitch-perfect—just enough ‘linger’ to make an impression but not gas out the masses—and the duration is impressive. Like all EA fragrances this should be used with a light hand. It is a thick and spicy white floral that should be used appropriately.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

My mom had Splendor twice. I tested it and I must say it´´s quiet nice. Normally I don´t like that kind of perfumes where is too much flowers but Splendor is light, no overpowering and long lasting on mys skin.

A lovely floral scent. Soft flowers with a hint of crisp mint. The woodsy notes are just there and a great splash of amber and musk. I like it a lot. Elegant and chic.

En härlig blommig doft. Mjuka blommor med en fläkt av krispig mint. Trätonerna är mjuka och nedtonade. Härlig dust av amber och musk. Superkvinnlig och chic.

Belil
Belil

Lovely floral beauty.
I get why many think it's an old lady scent, it's really stong on florals and that big number of notes.
The lilly of the valey note is extremely strong here and I think it spoils it for many people just because of the heavy abuse of the lilly of the valey air fresheners used in bathrooms, I admit I find it's sometimes hard for me to overcome this perception too.
The best way to enjoy this baby is to walk naked (just after having a shower and drying yourself) in the mist of this perfume and wait at least a half an hour before going out. This works for me with many clasic 'older' florals and this way it can be enjoyed to the maximum, just try to resist the temptation of reaplying.
On my skin after the initial 10 minutes of floral nonsense it becomes sweet, and the flowers (rose, wisteria and jasmine waft in waves and sometimes lily and the hyacinth peek through. then after an hour it changes to a more quiet and less distinctive sweet aroma. I'd recommed to wear it in summer with a nice dress with floral prints and some vintage vibe.

Aurora892
Aurora892

Splendour is a sweet fragrance that can be both delicate and powerful. In my estimation, it is a very romantic scent which can vary in its depth, sometimes playful, sometimes suffocating. I think it is a perfect scent for all year round, it seems to take on the personality of wearer and the season sometimes reminiscing tropical sunsets, sometimes cosy and enveloping like a warm winter blanket. It has longevity and rarely fades into incognito. I like it.

petravesna
petravesna

The first spray has reminded me of J S Parker Lovely which was a bit too sweet for me. The main impression of this fragrance is Lily of the Valley and green spring. When sprayed on, some sharp unpleasant whiff like a sweat forces me to run away every time I spray it on. But go outside and it smells nice. It is safe enough to wear it as a day fragrance but it does not make a big impression and does not last long. At the beginning, I thought I will not buy it again but now I am reconsidering it.

Kione
Kione

A bomb of white flowers and sweetness! Very strong floral, I woudn't say oriental. I normally quite like florals but this is so strong that I don't know if I like it or not! Would not buy it though...

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

I wore this lovely fragrance in 1999 and although I would not wear it now, it was extremely special!

Not only did I receive many compliments but it was a classy, feminine and discreet fragrance that said "lady."

Cezanne
Cezanne

Trying a mini. Pineapple definitely there. And something odd - menthol. I'm over 50 so my skin reacts in an old lady way perhaps... this doesnt seem very special on me.

Sassy1

Cheap smelling Lily of the valley and plastic doll skin.

Almost idential to PS Casual and close to Charlie White.

Pass...

Update: Thought I'd drag this out from the back of the closet and give it another try....still Ick!

Denoula
Denoula

I would call this pure floral rather than oriental. The hyacinth comes through strongly- at first I took it for bluebell. There is a slight sharp edge, to my nose, which gives it more character. I shall enjoy using this.

olga1780

This is such a lovely scent to put on right upon waking up in the morning...it's like the white dewy petals caressing your skin. Very innocent and refreshing .

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

i dont detect any oriental notes. its a reasonable and wearable boring floral scent.

takeasniff

I have tried this again and it reminds me of sunflowers. It has a sunny warm smell but tangy and sour at the same time. Very perfumey. I do like it but I think it is that sour smell that I found very heavy. The more I try it the more I like it. It doesn't last long on me. I find I have to spray a couple of times a day to be able to smell it. It's almost like Estee Lauder's beautiful Sheer or Vera Wang flower Princess. It is hard to describe it is a boquet of flowers but there is a definite heavy note maybe the lilly or jasmine causes that sour note?

madhatter1
madhatter1

Ah memories from the 90's...and I loved wearing it like most of you too and it is such a great name!

krissycat
krissycat

Splendor is a very pleasant Elizabeth Arden. It's one of those clean, sweet but not overly sweet scents that I can't picture anybody could not like. The only downside I find with this one is that there's nothing extra specatular about it. I don't find it extremely original either. I think if I smelled this one on someone else I would think, oh that is pleasant, but it isn't original enough that I would say, I know this scent, it is Splendor. I think it is a good perfume to maybe wear every day to the office because it won't offend anyone. I don't think its dramatic enough to wear on a night out on the town. As far as Elizabeth Arden goes though, this has to be one of the least offensive perfumes this line carries. :)

olga1780

OMG, how in the world do they manage to sell it so cheap? This is a gorgeous floral perfume with a deep woody-ambery base. The quality left me speechless.
I see someone wearing it to a wedding, because it would go fabulously with a white wedding dress.
Definitely a great fragrance for a night out in summer, but don't forget to wear you best clothes with it!

takeasniff

This does smell like white flowers and a little citrus but I find it quite depressing and I am not sure why? Every time I wear it I find it to be a very heavy hearted perfume. Strange I know but I still do wear it because after you try it a couple of times it does not smell cheap you can appreciate the quality of it.

Halvah I LOVE your review!! Just like Vivid from Claiborne is this 'cost efficient' perfume AMAZING!! Wonderful bouquet! People should be glad to be able to attain such a gorgeous perfume for such an attainable price!

Halvah
Halvah

First time when I tried Splendor I tried right after wearing Shalimar for quite a while. I felt Splendor a little bit harsh and cheapsmelling then. Now, as I"m trying it without any other scent in my mind, I must say it's anything but cheapsmelling and really is a beautiful, highly underrated floral perfume with character. In the first seconds after spraying the apple note seems to be a little bit artificial for me, but this note fades quickly and only a touch of fruitiness remain. On my skin - or according to my idea about a perfume being fresh - this is not fresh at all, but deep, slightly melancholic, like a beautiful aristocrat young woman sitting by a rich flower bed reading a romantic novel that lacks happy-end. Sillage and longevity is just about perfect on my skin, the more I have it on the more develops it into a soft, charming signature scent. People should try it without prejudice!

beatrix75
beatrix75

its not bad but not somethyng extra spring time its good to vere but....

i love this scent. lily of the valley and jasmine are 2 of my favorite scents in perfume, they work well on me. this this is a beautiful floral combination of those scents with a hint of citrus for a nice finishing touch. soft and long lasting. a favorite of mine.

norlyz
norlyz

dont be fooled by the unattractive bottle - it smells really nice!!it is such a bargain for a very good scent - i love the sweet fruity opening n the flowery middle notes. but for me the base is a bit too stinging,maybe of the hot humid weather...

guest_fragrancexpert
guest_fragrancexpert

this scent smell nice,clean and even innocent!
definetely splendid and the price is cheap
will be buying!

truffles
truffles

Oh this is really not for me.
I'm finding it hard to see where the 'oriental' comes in in this.
All I get is a strong 'floral' blur that smells to me, EXACTLY like EA Fifth Avenue.
This is the sort of perfume that would make me nauseous to wear, quite sickening, thankfully I've not put any on my neck.
(Love the bottle though!)

vdxl
vdxl

A very interesting floral fragrance which you would buy for your mom or any of your loved ones. I get a very soft floral note which inspires freshness, but not in the aquatic sort of way: very pretty, with very subtle nuances. It is not yet another floral, you must sniff it carefully to perceive it in all its splendor.

nyoka

I agree with cisco and action,This is a BEAUTIFUL scent. ive already given my review below but,I must say again,its like a romantic star filled night with one lone shooting star,and that star is SPLENDOR.I cant believe anyone could not at least like this fume.BUt,to put it so grossly as sum have done is just vulgar and doesnt belong in this review site.Theres a lot of ways to say its not for me,without being so crude.All of u who matter,Im sry but,this fume as this site,demand more respect.

Totally agree with Cisco!
This is just one of the best from Arden and that is saying something, because I am really not into all flower perfumes!

Passionflower
Passionflower

Quite a nice fragrance. I smell jasmine more than anything. It's a bit too simple and shy to my taste, but very pleasant nevertheless.

cisco
cisco

Splendor has a lot going for it. To me, it seems more like a floral than an oriental floral. It passed my overnight test. The sillage is average.

I prefer Splendor to 5th Avenue. Out of the Arden line I rate it with Red Door and Blue Grass.

Another plus is the reasonable pricing. I find the bottle very attractive. It is simple elegance.

nyoka

This is a very lovely fragrance.The only way to describe it is,a massive flower bed bordered by roses.U can smell them all as u walk down a long winding dirt path through a forrest.U come upon this flower/rose garden because u have smelled it from afar and had to get to the source.It is colored like a rainbow!the red roses arround it call to u.They r sooo sweet,they dont even have thorns.There is a Kiss of tanginess(PINEAPPLE) that accentuates the flowers.Beyond the roses there r old and massive.These r exotic woods,rose,ebony etc.THis fume is a great fume.Holds its head up high along with the most expensive ones.lasts a long time and great sillage.

This is in matter of impact and beauty comparable to Vivid for me. I adore these Floral beauties for their classy complexity and sillage, not to mention the GREAT price!!

millan
millan

On me this fruity floral. I love it . It is perfect to use anywear. My daughter who is 13yrs old wears it too . The staying power is very good. It is very fresh clean sexy and even inocent

chyprecat
chyprecat

This one was just not for me. You know you are in trouble when you like the bottle way more than the contents. I find this scent bland and indistinct; there is nothing there that grabs me in that region at the back of the rigcage that twangs a bit when you experience a scent that hits you on an inner level. Splendor is for the lady that wants her scent to stay very much in the background, and be barely there at all. It reminds me in that way of Little White Dress by Avon, antother huge dissapointment.

I just think I like my perfume with some personality. Splendor has all the personality of a poached egg without the bechemel!!! DULL DULL DULL.

lopezannie
lopezannie

White flowers and linen! A little bit heavy, but pleasant. i don't use it in my skin, instead I use it for my bedsheets, pillows and home fragrance.

nickflick
nickflick

A surprisingly good perfume in such simple packaging. I would say this is simply floral rather than oriental floral. This perfume would appeal to women of all ages and I agree that it has a clean laundered feel about it. Long lasting and very pleasant for home, work and everyday pursuits.

Sissi
Sissi

When i first smelled this it reminded
me of fresh linen hanging to dry on a
warm sunny day and so i thought there where aldehydes in this and there's a bit of it in this but does'nt last
then the scent changes to an Lemony like
aroma i truely beleve that is the spicy
Hiacynth note is making it lemony
then the drydown consisting of sweet
freesia and green apple for the tartness.
there is an strong presence of an lily
note which i love lillies sweet magnolia
jasmine is a bit noticible but to be a bit diluted under the other notes.
the bottom has a strong note of cedar
then it ends with sandalwood.

this is an lift me up kind of a fragrance the hiacynth lillies and the
tartness of green apple it's bright
and cheary the reason it's not my favorite because i'm not a fan of hyacynth they put a little more then
they should but neverless a happy perfume.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

Ahh! I just received my bottle in the mail and I really cannot wear this scent. On me all there is is a strong strong floral smell of lily or lily of the valley. No fruity scents or anything. Maybe my bottle is defective, I'm rather disappointed.

milena

Now that it is winter here in australia and the perfume I'm wearing, now, smells so extraordinary so beautiful and so unique and floral with a touch of spice. Wow I love this scent, A very lady like scent with charisma and sophistication a must to have in wardrobe.A perfume to wear any time anywhere, no matter what age.Splendor is splendid indeed.The price is so affordable.

This perfume is called exactly what it is, SPLENDID!!!!

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

Do not be fooled by its plain appearance.

Not too heavy, not too sharp - a clever combination of florals intertwined with hints of fruit. Splendor is a remarkably spellbinding fragrance disguised in an unremarkable flacon.

guest_beatrix -göthemburg
guest_beatrix -göthemburg

splendid and clean sommer fragrance nice long lasting lovely fresh and omg goooood!!!

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Very nice floral with a hint of fruit coming up every once in a while, not heavily fruit by any means.

For the first hour it reminded me both of Estee Lauder Pure White Linen and Yves Rocher Ming Shu, a ladylike floral with a clean quality to it. Later a woodier touch appeared which is also very nice and somewhat justifies a floral oriental categorization.

I have to admit that I dabbed just a tiny bit, but I will revisit it with a little more and update the review. I definitely WILL revisit it.

Thanks hypnoticx for a sample!

More and more coming to the conclusion that Elizabeth Arden has some really great perfumes!! The ones I love:
5th Avenue
5th Avenue nights
Red door
Sunflowers
Arden beauty
Provocative Interlude
True Love

And so on and so forth...really great score actually!!!

ditaa
ditaa

I bought this, and what I could say -its very strong combination of: lily-of- the valley + jasmine. Later I feel orchid+rose.In my opinion its not oriental,its relly floral fruity.
Also I could say that for me its not fresh, its quit heavy/sweet, long lasting power.
But anyway its ok for everyday and price is very attractive :)

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

I bought this unsniffed and really hoped I`d like it. Well... I don`t. It`s not bad but just too floral for my taste. Not oriental, a hint of fruit. To me it smells a bit old, just like the bottle looks a bit old. The lasting power is good tough. I think I`l try it again and then ask if my mom would like it.

lalala
lalala

pretty.

it is more of a sophisticated femine smell, not overpowering.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Fresh laundry kind of scent. Its pretty but not a signature scent for me.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

bought it unsnifed and i dont regret it, its a non offensive perfume, more floral then orientaland lasting power i
s quite good, good for everyday use,and great for a gift.the drydown is something soapy,and powdery.

im writing again afterive worn this,it starts to amaze me,very good fragrance

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Splendor is a sparkling, fresh, fruity / floral scent and has very good staying power. It's light and not at all overpowering and is one of those perfumes that when I'm out and about and catch a subtle waft of it on myself it makes me think "who's wearing that lovely perfume and what is it?" but then I realize it's actually me. I also get compliments when I wear it so clearly other people think it smells as nice as I do!

It's an ideal perfume to use anytime, day or night, and would suit any age group, young or old. I've read some reviews over the internet which say it's an old smelling perfume but I totally disagree and, if anything, I'd say it's a fresh, younger smelling perfume. I think the name of it sounds quite old so that may put some people off trying it but it shouldn't because the perfume is gorgeous.

It smells much more expensive than it is and is a very classy perfume. I'm very glad I gave it a try because it's a definite winner.

tee_vee09
tee_vee09

this is light and kind of soapy not too oriental like red door for its price its great i have had compliments when wearing it this is one of ardens better my second favourite of hers the best of hers is pretty

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Judging by the plain looking flacon I assumed that this was an 'old grannies' perfume.
However this is suprisingly pleasant, versatile & under-rated - you could wear this almost everywhere. Its simple, unassuming flacon hides its true charm.
Very few Elizabeth Arden fragrances impress me, but Splendor is worth giving a second look at.

guest_sun hee
guest_sun hee

I love this one so innocent scent

milena

Stylish and fresh floral scent, pleasant to wear and not over powering. Classy.A keeper.

Polymath
Polymath

The sweet pea note is so nice!

baby_Jane
baby_Jane

Very stylish and class fragrance. There is nothing irritatingly, nothing too much. LOOK like kind colleague of yours that really like and can not understand what it is not enough to be your good friend

guest_Arden Gal :)
guest_Arden Gal :)

I bought the Splender to my every wonder to full fill but i found my wonders are spell bounds of the day as - as soon as i cum back home i found totally a different hard scent that is no wonder of my expectation.... the only Arden product made me a real dis-appoient.

Mr.fililocololo
Mr.fililocololo

i agree with gucci it's super romanriac and fruity as well very floral it's very unique and shophisticate that's great and it don't smell like old ladies no offense

lucy77
lucy77

i bought it today and i really like it, it's pure hiacynth that i smell and the dry down is gantle too,it is not light perfume i would say it is a little heavy scent, but it is pleasent

gucci
gucci

my aunt bought this perfume for me and it's awesome i love it it's very fruity and floral at the same time very romantic and sophisticated this is going o be my signature scent i get lots of complements people say i smell like bublegum and fruits weird LOL

ruxxy
ruxxy

In the top notes, it's like I'm in a flower garden in the spring, after the rain: fresh narcissus-lilac-hyacinth-like. Unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention to the rest of the pyramid, but I'll test it again and share opinions.

talat
talat

its fiminine and powdery. stays long. love it. excellent smell.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I don't remember how Splendor came to be in my possession - I don't remember buying it, maybe someone gave it to me? Anyway... I finally tried it today.

Splendor is quite a soapy fragrance. Not unpleasant, but not extremely memorable either. The rosewood gives it a nice little twist - but may also make it seem like a strong "standard perfume" scent.

The spray nozzle is one of those ones that spray a lot of perfume at once so if you don't want it to pool in one place sweep it across your arm.

Splendour will be a perfume that I wear once in a while, but not a favourite.

2 out of 5

Helene
Helene

Fresh and tasty!
Some fruit notes make it really pleasant

debbborra
debbborra

I really did not expect to enjoy Splendor. I love EA cosmetics, but I've never enjoyed her fragrance, which always smells to me like department store perfume (generic, a little old ladyish and generally uninspired.) This morning I came across a bottle that came with some cosmetic gift or bonus. It's been in a drawer for about eight months. I gave it a shot. I was surprised. It's light and nice, it wore a little tropical on me. I guess I got the pineapple. It was a nice bright fragrance for a gray day. It had decent longevity. What a nice unexpected find. I guess that's the point of the minis with the bonus. Eventually you'll try their fragrance.

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

So sweet and lasts long

Splendor by Elizabeth Arden 3.36 out of 5 based on 484 ratings and 118 user reviews

Splendor Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Splendor Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Splendor
Splendor Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 4.2 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Splendor Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Elizabeth Arden Splendor Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Elizabeth Arden Splendor Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Elizabeth Arden Splendor Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Elizabeth Arden Splendor Eau De Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Splendor fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Splendor, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Splendor by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Splendor by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.