Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Sunflowers Elizabeth Arden for women

Sunflowers Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

I have it: 828 I had it: 1141 I want it: 138 My signature: 8

Sunflowers Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Sunflowers Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

Floral fruity fragrance launched in 1993. It was designed by David Apel. The top notes are composed of luminous lemon notes, rosewood, orange blossom, sweet juicy mandarin, bergamot, melon, and sweet peach.

The heart brings notes of cyclamen, rose, pure jasmine, osmanthus and iris root. The sensual base is composed of musk, cedar, amber, moss and sandal wood. The joyous sunflowers make a nice contribution to this bright fragrance.

Orange Blossom Melon Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot Brazilian Rosewood Lemon

Cyclamen Osmanthus Orris Root Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Escape

Sunflowers Fragrance Reviews

Chrysal_Marie
Chrysal_Marie

Very intense heady scent reminiscent of sunflowers. A very befitting name. Scorching sun tanning days in a field of sunflowers.

김갓파
김갓파

it's cool at first, but after that, it's cheap melon and flower scent. smell of mom's skin care... i feel dizzy T T

doobeedoo
doobeedoo

I never owned this in the 90s (I was a teenger and waaaay to gauche), but I read a lot of copies of Seventeen and in memory, each one of them smelt just like this and/or CK One. Which, now I've bought the actual perfume, is neither here nor there. Yes, there's an element of nostalgia -- but setting that aside as much as I can, I reckon this is great.
As others have said, it brings to mind summer in all its realistic glory: sunshine, flowers, beaches, sand, grubby warmth. It's not a tame, vanilla floral; there's a grubbiness or dustiness there beneath the sweetness. And a spiciness, which reminds me very much of geranium oil, although I don't think this is mentioned in the "official" notes.
I find that it's easy to over-apply this scent, as in the first minute or two after spritzing I don't smell a thing, so am tempted to spray more. But after five minutes or so the scent is strong and distinct. It lasts a decent amount of time (several hours) but doesn't declare itself aggressively, which makes it perfect for the office etc. - I can smell it most of the day, but it doesn't (I think) bother my colleagues.

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

Sunflowers! Perfume snobbery is alive and well but I think people wear perfume for all sorts of reasons. I've got a deep nostaglic tie to the ads, the packaging, the sunny yellow juice in the bottle, and the name - I became a teenager in 1999 so I was a little young to wear Sunflowers when it was first launched, but it still feels very familar to me. Perhaps adults in my life wore it when I was a child?

Anyway, Sunflowers smells modern to me - sweet, soft melon, juicy peach, and lemon on a sweet floral background. The first couple of hours of this scent remind me of a warm and happy summer day. After a couple of hours, Sunflowers does something a little strange on my skin - I lose the fruit and flowers (unless I put my nose to wrist) and gain a ozotic smell I associate with the ocean, backed by a sharp, fizzing baking powder/soda smell that I don't like. However, when I asked me partner if he could smell this, he couldn't - so I wonder if it's just in my imagination? Others have mentioned how strong Sunflowers is, but although I find it long-lasting, it doesn't seem to create a big scent cloud around me.

Bublegum
Bublegum

Well I guess I am one of the few people that like this fragrance. In fact it is ne of my favorite. I got it as a gift from the airport (what a surprise) more than 10 years ago. Anyway it is a pretty afordable perfume and it belongs to the flower family. It has something unique on it that I cannot exatly distinct and a lot of guys have tell me that this perfume is aphrodisiac for them. For me it smells fresh and summer. I really don't know why so many people don't like it. But I can agree that it is more of a "teenager" perfume if I can make a categorisation like this.

racheldaylewis
racheldaylewis

As a sixth grader I carried this around in my backpack! My first perfume!! I sprayed the other girls with it...its funny how far this is from my favorite scents now, dark ambers and thick ouds. Anyway I love the memory of this, my mom and I bought it from Macy's. It was much pricier then. Even the tough girls wanted a spritz... And how well did it accessorize my high heeled sketchers tennis shoes? Word. The 90s rocked.

Chido
Chido

I kind of have a love- hate relationship with this one. Not sure whether I want to like it or absolutely hate it. It reminds me of a full on summer day in a field at a picnic or a warm evening watching the sun set. The base notes tend to sting my nose from time to time and it can come off a little to strong for my liking.

Not sure if I will repurchase it just yet. May have to give it time.

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

August 13, 2014. I am 30 and I first wore Sunflowers in the lotion version in 2007 when I made the huge decision to transfer colleges. The lotion was a going-away gift from a dear friend and she ensured me that I would do well in college and be a good teacher. I wore the Sunflower lotion every day for three months until I used up the bottle. It made me feel clean, confident, and light-spirited. I did not ever repurchase Sunflowers until recently, when I recognized it on a friend of mine. This particular friend is a detective that covers child abuse cases and it is like I smell her Sunflowers perfume and think, "Here is a light in the world." She has rescued numerous children from horrible circumstances and is a witness to me to work for good in our world. I associate scents with colors and the scent of Sunflowers causes me to visualize the color yellow. Real sunflowers do not really smell floral, but Sunflowers perfume is soapy, clean yet old school musky, and oddly enough, reminiscent to Suave Ocean Breeze body wash and shampoo (my cheap guilty pleasure and husband's favorite smell). It is so similar to my beloved Suave Ocean Breeze, that I am sure that Sunflowers could be renamed something like "Ocean Zephyr," packaged in a blue bottle, and cause me to visualize blue. So when I do see the yellow color when I smell Sunflowers, it is posed against a watery sky blue. It is warm in a sunny way while the sunshine is balanced against a clean blue canvas. I am a teacher and any time I think I may have a taxing day of having my patience tested, I apply Sunflowers and I think of my detective friend and my friend who first gave me Sunflowers lotion, along with a boost of confidence.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Has this been reformulated over the years? I swear it has been.

I loved it as a child on a teacher of mine, who smelled like sweet watermelon. But in recent years when given or buying a bottle, it seems much grassier than I recall it being? It makes my nose itchy.

Curious as to if this is the case. It seems far stronger.

Obssessed!
Obssessed!

Its lovely, bold, vibrant and awakening, exactly how id imagine sunshine to smell.
To me the scent is very strong, so i only need a couple spritz and i can smell it all day.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

This was my first 'big girl' perfume from my nan one Christmas when I was 12, to me it smells like a simple but intense fruity floral that has a cleanness , slightly like Daisy to me but is heavier than a lot of today's florals.

It's nice and innocent though can be ruined by over applying! Something I'm sure my 12 yr old self was guilty of!!

FireDragon76
FireDragon76

I'm not fortunate enough to be able to wear this one but I love it on my sister in-law. It's comfortable to be around. Just noticeable enough and has a happy effect on me. Sadly, some years ago, I'd set myself up for buying this after thinking about it for a year. I don't know if it's just the one tester I tried, but unfortunately it turned to toilet cleaner on my skin. I like the fragrance by itself and on some people. Good for office. SIL's female boss compliments her on it!

Maritasw
Maritasw

Me lo regalaron en mis 15 años y me encantaba, ahora me gusta, pero ya no me identifico.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I am wearing Sunflowers today and am really loving it. When I first sprayed it the smell was very familiar to me. I think my mom must have received Sunflowers as a gift but never really wore it. I admit that I am not overly crazy about the first five to ten minutes or so of the fragrance, but the longer I wear it the more I love it. Sunflowers is indeed a cheerful, happy go lucky kind of fragrance. It is casual and sweet, clean and innocent. When I put my nose to my wrist I smell a lushness that is somewhat green, and there's a juciness, too, from the peach and melon. I love that Sunflowers isn't overpoweringly fruity and that it's not too sharp. It's just happy, like a warm, breezy, sunshiny day.

I also have to comment on the sillage. One spray to my wrist and I can smell it distinctly still after having applied it hours ago. They just don't make fragrances that last like this anymore.

I think Sunflowers is worth a try. If you're like me and love clean, feminine fragrances I think you will love having this gem of a perfume in your collection. And at the price you're not going to regret it!

jamaral
jamaral

Foi uma compra às cegas, o preço era tentador, resultado um perfume difícil de acabar... desatualizado...fora de moda... o único perfume que gosto de Elisabeth Arden é o 5th avenue nights.

kiristarr
kiristarr

Not having worn this since the 90s, I had only vaguest memories of a sunny, happy scent. In recent years, I've worn Escape a few times to rave reviews. Although I don't recall wearing Escape in the 90s, I must admit it's now grown on me. When I saw the many comparisons of Sunflowers to Escape, I was excited to try Sunflowers once more.

Unfortunately, I find Sunflowers to have a much sharper scent in the beginning, both in comparison to Escape and in comparison to my memories of it. Nevertheless, it is a sunny, enjoyable enough fragrance, especially for the money. The dry down, however, which lasts several hours on me, is pure musk - musk of the 1970s Avon variety. Now, I've come to appreciate some classic Avon fragrances in their own right, but I cannot believe that my friends and I tolerated so much old school musk as kids. Sure, we loved the fragrance monsters of the 80s and 90s. At least, I did. But this much long lasting, vintage musk from a youthful frag? Surprises me. Oh, well. Guess you can't always go home again.

mimsko
mimsko

Someone recommended this as a happy summer scent so I thought I'd give it a sniff. It smells exactly like the tan optimizing after-sun lotion from Piz Buin! Which I actually like, just... never thought a perfume could smell like that. Anyway, I got it - it will be great to layer it with the lotion during my seaside vacation evening walks :)

gamila.salem
gamila.salem

Never been able to pull this one off. It was one of my grandmother's favorites and smelled amazing her but leaves me smelling... IDK. It's just not me. Great small town smell to it, simple.

Aromawander
Aromawander

Where I live, EA Sunflowers was NOT a 90s classic or standard perfume, and I'm thankful I have a clean slate in that respect.

There is a sunflower farm close to my parents' house, and as a child I remember running through or lying down on the field. The heat wafting from the soil, light breeze making the countless golden flower heads bobbing almost in a rhythm. The memory always finds a special spot in my mind.

EA Sunflowers triggers those happy memories everytime I wear it..The melon and peach are captured perfectly,and the notes blend perfectly with jasmine, cedar, oakmoss and musk. I get cyclamens somewhere in between, and the heavenly sandalwood during the drydown. The melony-floral-woody notes strike the perfect chord on my skin, given the tropical climate I live in. Lasts very long and could become a sillage monster easily so I spray with a light hand.

I agree with Capricorngal19 here - this is what happiness in a bottle would smell like! One of my all-time favorite fragrances!

saintleegray
saintleegray

Sunshine in a bottle, just cheerful. Not something I would wear all the time, definitely got overplayed in the 90's. But a good one for a warm summer day, I do love the melony smell.

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

Elizabeth Arden fragrances are like Marmite,you either love them or hate them.I agree with the latter.
Sunflowers has got to be one of the most putrid fragrances ever.Why this was ever made is a mystery to me.
EA should stick to skincare which is unsurpassed and leave fragrance alone.

Capricorngal19
Capricorngal19

This smells like everything Daisy from Marc Jacobs tried to be and Marc Jacobs Daisy smells amazing! I never knew that something could smell just as good.
My mother used to put this on me when I was very small. She would always talk about how innocent and sweet it was..which was why she chose it for me. I went to every major department store and they of course no longer carried it. They always discontinue stuff I like sadly.. Smh
So the unthinkable happened.. I went to walmart by the cosmetics and poof! There It was. I bought it right on the spot.
Okay so let's talk about the scent...
Omg it just smells like your running through a field of sunflowers and the sun is out shining in its magnificence. For the first time in a long time.. My nose couldn't tell what exactly I was smelling.. Was it sandalwood.. White floral..citrus.. I don't even know but it smelled happy. If happy had a smell..this would be it. The dry down is soft and sweet.
If almost has a honeysuckle smell to it when it drys down after you've worn it for a while. The lasting power is moderate and the silage is not enormous yet people can smell it of the walk an arms lengthy away from you. I seriously love this one! You can find it on amazon! I'm about to buy a bigger bottle.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I have a difficult time picking out one note. It opens very strong with a bright floral and citrusy sweetness. It's not candy or dessert sweet. Instead, the melon and peach give a sweet dimension to the Cyclamen and Osmanthus. There's also a citrusy kick in the opening.
After the opening fades the citrusy facets go away and the florals are more prominent with the sweetness fading more to the background. I mostly get the cyclamen and osmanthus still, but the rose and white flowers peek out too.
The dry down is woody and musky with oakmoss and a hint of sweet florals, but I can't pick out one floral note. It's just a generic sweet floral.

It lasts 12+ hours on me but becomes a skin scent after about 5 hours. The evolution of this scent is mild and the changes are a bit more subtle than many of my higher end scents. I can see why some people describe it as linear. I personally don't think it's linear (not like D&G Light Blue anyways).

This was one of the first scents I purchased for myself when I was 19. It feels like so long ago. Out of nostalgia I bought a new bottle of it recently. It smells just as I remember so the formula hasn't been tinkered with too much. Tonight, someone standing next to me told me I smelled amazing, seven hours after I put this scent on. A slightly sweet floral, with a woody undertone. He said that my perfume is the reason he'd been standing next to me all night during our inspections and that it was driving him crazy. I was surprised and flattered that this scent still smells so good on me all these years later. I actually think it works better with my chemistry now than it did back then.

ginadantas

OK, now I have answers to my doubts about the name of this fragrance here in Brazil. Once the name SUNFLOWERS was already registered here by another company, Elizabeth Arden decided to shift it. So, SUNFLOWERS in Brazil is called SUMMER FLOWERS. By doing this, Elizabeth Arden is allowed to sell this perfume here. The name is different, but the fragrance is originally the same.

PORTUGUÊS
Ok, agora tenho as respostas às minhas dúvidas sobre o nome desse perfume aqui no Brasil. É que o nome SUNFLOWERS já havia sido registrado aqui por uma outra empresa. Então, Elizabeth Arden decidiu mudar esse nome. Assim, SUNFLOWERS no Brasil passou a se chamar SUMMER FLOWERS. Ao fazer isso, Elizabeth Arden obteve permissão para vender esse perfume aqui. O nome é diferente, mas a fragrância é originalmente a mesma.

ginadantas

Once I had Sunflowers in the 90s. I approved it and I was "approved" every time I wore it. People around me used to praise the scent. When the bottle was over, I wrote Sunflowers on my list of scents that deserve to be purchased again... and then I forgot to replace it.

Now, 2014, I felt like buying it again. I found it on line in Brazil, but the name is different... SUMMER FLOWERS!??!

In any case, I bought it and I am awaiting to be delivered. Let's see ... But I am worried with this new name! I checked it on Elizabeth Arden's official website and there is no SUMMER FLOWERS there. Is it fake? If it is, why would the best and most reliable perfume shops on line I know are selling SUMMER FLOWERS as Elizabeth Arden product?

I am curious about it... When the perfume gets here, I will examine whether it was really made by Elizabeth Arden and whether the smell is equal to the one I knew in the 90s.

PORTUGUESE
Já tive nos anos 90, aprovei e "fui aprovada". As pessoas elogiavam quando usava. Quando acabou, deixei na minha lista dos que merecem um repeteco... e depois, acabei esquecendo de repor.

Agora, 2014, me deu vontade de novo. Achei na internet, só que está com um nome diferente... SUMMER FLOWERS!?!...

Pelo sim, pelo não, comprei e estou esperando a entrega. Vamos ver... Mas fiquei encafifada com esse nome novo! Chequei no site oficial da Elizabeth Arden e não consta nada de SUMMER FLOWERS. Será que é falsificação? Mas as melhores e mais confiáveis perfumarias on line estão vendendo como produto Elizabeth Arden...

Estou curiosa... Quando o perfume chegar aqui, vou analisar se realmente foi fabricado por Elizabeth Arden e se o cheiro bate com o que eu conheci nos anos 90.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Very pretty, feminine, happy scent! I love that the scent stays for a long time. I always get compliments when I wear it. I actually worked with a young man, in his early 20's, that would come stand by me throughout the day so he could smell my perfume whenever I wore this. It's sunshine in a bottle!

Valentina29
Valentina29

When I smell this perfume it makes me think about: summer, yellow, happynes, carefree...it's perfect for a hot day !!!

Femigirl
Femigirl

I hardly use it but just keep it for the nostalgia. It reminds me of my teen years.

sempervirens
sempervirens

Cheerful, sunny, youthful fragrance. Very popular in the 90-ties and understandably so as it is very complex and original. So many notes listed and I think all of them are correct. Yes, there is melon, peach, rose, white flowers, cedar, oak moss, musk...
On some people it might smell a bit masculine, on others (like me) more sweet, flowery. Silage is enormous, so be gentle on a sprayer, and don't buy it blind as it might be too much.
I would not wear it nowadays as my tastes changed but I don't think it's only for teenagers.
Comparison to Escape is quite accurate, Escape being more wearable, less loud version of the two.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

On me this smells really masculine, at first apply i was really excited about what it could be but then it reminded me of an aftershave and a very strong lemony smell. It's one of those perfumes that when i take a whiff i think i have a heart burn and the bitterness of the bergamont is not pleasant on me. Not my kind.I love the package though.

Tine1world
Tine1world

Sunflowers, like every other fragrance upon market release in 1993? was not in the cheap category.

I'm so glad the price is quite reasonable these day's.

I was into my first 30 ieth year. Teaching. So I guess, around teens. However. I think and do believe 'Sunflowers' can be worn by any aged person. It's hard to accept so many years have gone by since it's release.

Relative to the majority of reviews here by those fond of their youth memories.

'Sunflowers' is made by the same nose which created. CK's 'Escape' and Issey Miyake's 'L'Eau Issey'. All three feature in my fragrance wardrobe. It's the melon.

'Sunflowers' captures the aroma and taste of melons quite well, subsequently that whole summer association going on with this fragrance. I haven's worn Sunflowers this summer though, as my fragrance wardrobe is chokka's full of scents I need to use up.

'Sunflowers' will always feature in my fragrance wardrobe, though many times it has been purchased for me by family members. Sunflowers will also be, for me at least. A summer fragrance. The sillage was never great on myself, but that does not matter. I agree it's a linear fragrance. Happy and uplifting.

Cheers T.

christinavictory
christinavictory

I just bought this today, so I can't give it an in depth review. I find this a little strange though. I cannot actually pick out any individual notes in this, so I guess it's blended very well. It is very strong, waaay stronger than I expected and it seems really familiar to me. I was a little kid in the 90's so I didn't really think about perfume, and my mom never had this. Perhaps some of my friends' moms wore this a lot, either that or it smells like the field that was behind our house or one of my friends' houses, because it makes me think of being a kid and playing in a field. Makes me a bit nostalgic, but I guess I just can't pinpoint where I smelled this so often. Overall, I like it but it messes with my head.

Aroma d'Latino
Aroma d'Latino

High school memories.

I cant help but getting a little nostalgic every time I smell this one. Good old days when every HS girl back in the day was wearing this in school or at the mall.

I remember falling to my knees every time a girl walked pass me wearing Sunflowers. I was in LOVE!! with this fragrance, girls will drive me nuts coming out of swim class with hair still wet and wearing Sunflowers or during first period class in the mid 90's. Friends were wearing this, my girlfriend was wearing this, girls I liked were wearing this. This was a hit! an icon of the 1990's that needs to be placed in the hall of fame as Prom Queen of the 1990's class.

As a man, I can tell you that this fragrance is just adorable. No man will resist to this heavenly fragrance. I haven't seen any other women's fragrance that marked a decade like Sunflowers. Back then it was Sunflowers for women and CK Eternity for men the most popular fragrances for a teenager.

My first women's fragrance review had to be Sunflowers. It has a special place in my heart for the happy memories it brings me back.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I find it a little cloying and sweet on me. But my teenage Daughter claimed my bottle since I wasn't really wearing it, and she gets tons of compliments on it. I think it falls under the category of can be a beautiful scent if used with a light hand and on the right person, overspraying can ruin it.

username101
username101

This is another perfume I wanted to have quite badly as a child after reading a review on a magazine. It was around 97 or so. I think the description said more of sunflower (probably an imaginary fragrance rather than the "real" sunflower notes) and honey rather than citrussy notes as many reviewers had said here. Just looking at the picture brings back many memories.

Tsukinohime
Tsukinohime

This was the staple of my perfume wardrobe, together with Clinique's Happy Heart. The year was 2007 and I was a freshman at college. Both were warm, summery scent and wears well in the tropical climate where I lived. I wore both alternately and always got compliments for it. But one day I accidentally blabbed about the Happy Heart to a colleague and before I knew it almost half a dozen people in my class was wearing it. It effectively made me lose interest in Happy Heart and I haven't been wearing it since. I still like it though, and would be tempted to try it again whenever I passed a Clinique counter, but never did. I guess the novelty of it is lost to me. As for Sunflower, I gradually stopped wearing it after college when I discovered Hypnose and her sisters from the house of Lancome. Of late La Vie Est Belle is my particular favorite with its sweet praline and rich iris and patchouli base. But that's another story.

Back to EA's Sunflower: fast forward 7 years later. Just got my very first bottle in a very long time today. A colleague at work is offering a 100ml bottle for a fair price so I thought: why not? I sprayed it on my clothes and wrist within minutes of getting it. It was like I'm wearing it for the first time. Sunflower starts off melony and musky, but gradually developed to a warm, luminous floral with a gentle woody base. It unfolds ever so gently on my wrist, with its complex combination of fruits and flowers blended together so smoothly to create a feeling of comfort and joyful innocence. At least that's how I feel when I'm wearing it anyhow. Moderate sillage that would capture the attention of anyone standing within arm's length of you, which is fine by me as I consider a fragrance as something you need to appreciate upclose and personal. For an EDT it lasts a considerable amount of time so one might consider using it sparingly. But then again if you tend to overaply (as I do) it wouldn't be an issue as this one is pretty reasonably priced. EA always have that competitive edge compared to other brands. I'm not saying it is cheap however. From where I came from (Malaysia) you still need to go to an EA counter at an upscale mall to get it, but compared to others it is still value for money.

Sunflower is youthful, ageless. Everyone can wear it with no restriction to age. Complex and classy yet in no way ostentatious. It could be easily appreciated for the pretty sunshine in a bottle that it is. Not an olfactory revelation, but then again, does it need to be one? To me this is rightfully "La Vie Est Belle", for everything about it is optimistic, warm and cheerful. A nice pick-me-up that can be worn at any time of the day and on any occasion. Anyhow I'm beyond happy to rediscover this old favorite. I guess the old gal is waltzing itself back to my affection. Sunflower, you sly thing you!

Mandy31
Mandy31

This is a beautiful fragrance- like bottled sunshine in the winter. You feel like you're sitting in the sun on your terrace, surrounded by pots of sunflowers and a few roses, eating oranges. There's a nip in the air and birds are chirping all around you. Really cheers one up.

It opens a little strong, but improves with the drydown. Lingers quite long.

judyahn
judyahn

I got this when I was young around 10 old. I remember having confused mixed feeling about this because I loved the citrus smell, but the watery smell of the honeydew threw me off. Beware....This is not as citrusy as you might think, which was I thpught because of the color of the packaging.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

This was a good sell during my time working at a perfumeria. It was light, crisp, cheerful, undeniably floral and suited those enthusiastic beachy types that had that sparkle in their eye, sincerity in their smiles and glow in their visages.

Needless to say, this perfume did not suit me at all. I lean towards the rather reserved, dark and complex scents. But, I could not ignore the way it seemed to compliment the mood of the bubbly globetrotting women and teen girls with no cares in the world. A perfume with personality, indeed.

jasmine28x
jasmine28x

Sorry to say, but this perfume stinks.
Bought a gift pack of Elizabeth arden fragrances yesterday. Sprayed this one on - instant migraine!

mandy.may
mandy.may

I love this.its a classic summer scent that makes me feel good when I smell it

odie
odie

First scent is loving lady floral, but then there is the "wicked" undertone like that lady has been with socializing with chic guys smoking cigars in a lounge.

darcy2
darcy2

I just picked up a bottle of this for $10 at T.J. Maxx. I had a mini in the 90's and it did evoke the smell of sunflowers for me; although I didn't know what sunflowers truly smelled like. Years ago we didn't know what was in a fragrance. I have started to read the labels of perfumes, the third ingredient in this (behind alcohol and water) is helianthus anuum - sunflower extract. I thought I would read cinnamol, hedione, linalool, etc... I guess this really does smell like sunflowers!

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

I agree with Rizaldo and others-Calvin Klein Escape. I have it and have an empty CK Escape bottle

It's yellow colored and supposedly Summery; but to me, this is not a Summer fragrance-it can be too strong for Summer daytime weather (maybe evening)
People around like it
It's very inexpensive but I don't think cheap smelling
It's not something you reach for all the time, such as a comforting scent
Dry down notes never occurs on me! always stays fresh and fruity like the top-I agree with the orange blossom and aquatic feel to it, it lasts about 2 hours

frusia
frusia

I so love this fragrance, but I cannot wear it. I blame the rosewood - anything with this note gives me a headache after a while. But I love Sunflowers for its intense melon, its warm aquatic freshness

prettyeveryday
prettyeveryday

This was given to me as a gift. I rarely wear it, find it much too mature for me. It's also very powdery.

st3vy
st3vy

my mom's favorite perfume all the time,, i love when she wears this.. brought positive feelings to people arround her

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

I very love this one. Yes this is masterpiece!!! Very, very Long lasting, powerfull is excellent. Greate choice for summer and spring, this is sunny , joyce, young and happynes. Very recommend.Sorry my english.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

One of my best friends was given this as a teenager and wore it as her signature scent. It always reminds me of her. Once I was over at her house and complained of feeling icky and blah, and she spritzed some on me to cheer me up. But it almost had a panicky effect on me, like she was hugging me and wouldn't let go.

mariasara
mariasara

I´m not a fan of oceanic perfumes, but I like this one. It´s very clean and fresh, wearable in hot weather, and even at the beach. great quality for the price.

MistyGirl9
MistyGirl9

Lovely perfume; not too heavy but wears well. Great for daytime use. If you want a perfume that develops well, specifically goes on light and then develops into a full-bodied floral smell, then this is the perfume for you.

perwklii
perwklii

I do not smell watermelon at all, this parume smells just of some woods and pepper, that`s all. and it gives headaches to me every timeI try to wear it

trice9081
trice9081

I love this fragrance so much and it is a very uplifting and happy perfume. It is very clean, fresh, just stepped out of the shower fragrance but with a little something extra. Loooooooveeee it!!!

MLK
MLK

Everytime I spray Sunflowers perfume, it makes me feel SO happy. It is a refreshing, happy and sparkling fragrance. It is a real mood lifter. I'll always keep a bottle or two of this handy (it is so affordable). I even have a bottle in my desk drawer at work - for an instant pick me up in the dreary afternoon. Love it.

ParsleyandThyme
ParsleyandThyme

Super unique floral scent. I almost always get compliments when I wear it (mixed in with "that scent's SOO nineties!!!), but it's stronger than what I usually wear, and not always great for smaller spaces.

seokming
seokming

Actually got this as a gift in twin pack. Didn't use it for ages until recently. By then, I had already given away its twin. Don't be fooled by the plain bottle. Inside is a most wonderful and unique scent that really surprised me. Cheerful, vibrant and sweet is how I would describe Sunflowers by EA. I think, it's an understated masterpiece. I should have hung on to the twin!

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

Soooo nineties! This was one of my very first fragrances, I wore it a couple of summers in my mid teens. Eventually I was a bit put off by the fact that every second woman I met seemed to be wearing this, too (the remaining women opting for Jil Sander Sun, that other mid-nineties go-to summer scent - which I also used and loved!). I think this is now actually kinda vintage, retro. I smelled it on someone for the first time in ages recently and quite liked it. It is cheerful, carefree, uncomplicated, fun. Young, too. Women in their thirties and forties upwards can still wear this in my opinion but it probably suits younger women best - or maybe I'm prejudiced because I was so young myself when I used this.
Would I advise anyone against getting this? No, it's not half as overused as it once was and it's very affordable so if you feel like getting it, get it. Would I recommend this to anyone if they asked me for a good summer fragrance? No, probably not. There are many more lovely summer scents out there and this one isn't all that interesting. For one thing that other summer classic from the same period, Sun, I think has stood the test of time much better, still managing to be surprisingly unusual to this day.

MsDana
MsDana

One of the first fragrances purchased for me by my mom, it has a nice smell, but a bit too sweet, and too much orange in it for my taste, and body chemistry now, but it is a perfect perfume for a young teen girl as a starter perfume IMO.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Yeah. I like it. Smelt it on the receptionist at work and stupidly asked if she was wearing Eternity. I guess that's what my nose thought it was.

Always wanted to smell this based on all the mediocre reviews, wasn't as bad as I thought.

Perhaps I thought it was like Eternity because it seems dated.

barbie_18
barbie_18

This perfume is too cloying. It is waaay too powdery! No exaggerations over here

Renata tang
Renata tang

classic, cheap, nostagic, feminine, elegance,
absolutely men will like.

Printeza7
Printeza7

It is cheap, but intresting.Very floral, very warm and very happy.Sometimes I want to wear it, but I have to be in the mood for it!It is very strong and stays on the skin for a very long time.I do like it a lot, but only sometimes!

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

It is really funny to read previous reviews and finding so many descriptions of this perfume as a innocent, cheerful and happy. I don't find it innocent it is more kind of carefree and unconcern, but this is an artificial melon-citrus-peachy scent than can't pass as innocent unless we are thinking of a pretended innocence.

Everything is watered here so you get a very quick linear evolution with a sweet light dry fruity drydown, no prominence of woods on me. In my skin it stays really close after a few minutes and doesn't last as long as other mention.

In my opinion, just good for shopping at the market on summer mornings after which you know you will immediately go to the beach or to the swimming pool.

It is a very cheap perfume you can't feel guilty about squandering in such a way. And that use allows me (maybe you) to experiment on how it works layered with other scented body oils and lotions... Lets play! It is something I wouldn't dare to do with other pieces in my collection, so welcome in!

Vampiris
Vampiris

it's pleasant..a classic outdated floral scent, just like Green Tea

They both belong to the last decade to me..nothing spectacular

I don't wear it, but i like it

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is just ok for me. It smells kind of like what you'd expect from a perfume in this price range.... not cheap, but not expensive either. It's a relatively pleasing floral. Not much else to say about it.

pierson
pierson

I really enjoy reading about how fragrances develop for others, what they can smell as opposed to what I can smell. It's interesting, how differently we perceive things like scents and tastes.

I like Sunflowers, though I can't really differentiate any individual notes. I get a generalized citrus feeling, a little sharp but not unpleasant by any means. As it develops, it tends toward something floral-ish, but not too sweet, still with a citrusy edge, before finally settling into something that seems to be a cross between sandalwood and amber. All in all, very nice. It strikes me as "sunny" and "fresh," which is pleasant. I don't think it'll turn heads for me, but I like it, just for myself. It seems very suited for summertime.

Word of warning: apply *sparingly.* One spray to a wrist, then press your other wrist there. That's all you need, because this is very strong. I made the mistake of applying generously, and wow, nearly killed myself and everyone around me. A little truly goes a long ways.

bikinni
bikinni

my mom gave me this when I was very little, but somehow when I thought of the sweetness, it still makes me gag, there are only two perfumes gave me such strong negative impression, the other one is burberry weekend.

Libra_Witch
Libra_Witch

I know a lot of women like this fragrance. It just seems one dimensional to me. Too floral. Wont be using again.

Aina Harryna
Aina Harryna

I wear it, several time ago..I love this perfumes. Always in my favorite scent. This price so good to buy. I hope I can buy it again..

hayley.shin
hayley.shin

I love this sunflowers !!!!!! Make me feel sweeter and prettier !!!!

janalednova
janalednova

I am still trying to find what is so special about it what makes me love this perfume. I feel like I am getting addicted to it. Perfect for warm spring and summer days. Brings me in better mood.

xxsaphxx
xxsaphxx

I always get a compliment whenever I wear this. It's a very summery scent, very uplifting and citrusy. This is a perfume that is good for women in their 20's, but it can be worn by anyone. A classmate wore this, and I couldn't help but get a bottle, as it smelled amazing. This is my signature scent!

Migalex
Migalex

Sometimes I do not like this scent that much, find it a bit harsh but other times like tonight I really love it. Anyway, whenever I wear it, it is a nice experience beacause I feel like it has got something. Smelled close on off the skin smells really complex and dense, and I do like it. But from a distance it does smell very nice. It smells very tangy, tangerine and orangeish to me, more than any other fruits, and in a way quite different from other citric floral fruity scents, but I do not like that aspect of it in particular. I can also smell the melon in iit. I do find the powdery floral heart really nice, though. The scent does also have a creamy side, though, that I also really appreciate. Despite the name, I find it more enjoyable on a summer evening. I also love the name of the scent, find it really inspiring, and even the idea that at night sunflowers are bent down rather than prowdly projecting their scent, if they have any, adds to its poetry, I mean, that contradiction. Even the cheap looking bottle and the box I find cute. Really enjoyable scent. And as I am sure everyone here will agree, just to add someting a bit more philosophical, which I think is the mood this fragrance set me into tonight, scent is important in life.

Bunnylove
Bunnylove

It's a very hard smell for me - sometimes I love it, sometimes I can't stend it. On one hand I have light and nice smell for a worm day (even have idea that this smell "grows" on sunlight), on the other hand, sometimes I feel note I don't like.
I will use bottle I have, picking the "right" days to use but I won't buy another bottle. Simply, not my smell.

magickmaven
magickmaven

Growing up in the country in Kansas, this is almost a required scent. And I realize I'm going to have to run out and get it again. Throughout my college years, it was my signature (before switching to Karl Lagerfield's Sun Moon Stars).

This perfume came out as I graduated from highschool and went off to college, away from my Kansas farm. And this scent never failed to take me back to that rural setting. It really does smell like a warm sunny day in the country. I grew up next to sunflower fields, meadows and wheat fields and this perfume manages to evoke all of those.

Now, I don't care what decade it's from. I don't care what decade any perfume is from. I don't care about trends or fashion in perfume at all and not even so much in clothing. Fashion comes and goes, good style lasts forever. This perfume should be a keeper. I will say that as far as limiting it, IMO it is better suited to the younger woman but whatever your age, if it works for you.. then work it! When I have it on my Kansas Country deprived skin again I'll edit this review or give another.

mvolta
mvolta

i find myself reaching for this perfume a lot lately, which is saying something considering it comes in one of the most sadly unimaginative bottles there is. don't let that discourage you, nor its negative reviews. this is not necessarily a subtle scent, but it's bright and optimistic. two sprays is definitely enough. it starts off quite vibrant (citrusy and floral), but (on me) eventually sort of fades into a aquatic smell--like a sunflower patch after a rainstorm. in a sea of cotton-candy-synthetic scents, this is a breath of fresh air. it's perfect for early spring or very late summer--when there's a hint of a chill in the air. it's the promise of bright weather, it's 90s nostalgia in a bottle, and it's definitely a scent that makes its presence known. wear it if you've got a big, sunny personality. you can find it ridiculously cheap and it lasts.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

I totally agree that sunflowers do smells like escape by calvin klein..it's just that sunflowers smells a bit lighter than escape,which to me,escape is much stronger n heavier to my nose,personally..

sunflowers on my skin smells very balmy n floral..especially osmanthus n jasmine..i smell that flowers a lot..it is also a bit sweet but the balmy thingy avoids it from becoming too sweet.

My mom wore this. It does sort of recall sunflowers because if you've ever stuck your face in one they don't actually smell floral. Kind of musky and earthy, but fresh.
I smell something akin to cantaloupe rind (musky), cyclamen, rose and non-specific citrus. It's a mature, but cheerful fragrance.

orangehaze99
orangehaze99

This is a nice day scent. It smells "sunny," if sunny had a smell! It's funny how there isn't any sunflower in it...yet it DOES remind me of sunflowers!

Hema277
Hema277

This has chic hay and honey underlying smell that reminds me of country lifestyle. Very beautiful citrus and it has light rosy smell just right of the bottle. Lemon is prominent, melon and peach makes it juicily fruity sweet. After about 4 hours, it develops into a cool tasty musk that freshens me up even in scorching heat.. Not for a serious person.

A must try, its joyful and care free, its like a sophisticated kid. Looks demure but naughty inside.

HAHA. Loving it.

astamm62
astamm62

I really like this scent,more now then when first came out..Maybe because alot of the scents out now kinda smell the same...It's also long lasting a plus for me and not to expensive another plus.This one to me stands out in a crowd.I like wearing this with Mary-Kate and Ashley's fragrance called number two,weird name but its smells so nice a pretty peach scent.If you like bath and body line of Sunflowers,but can't find it.CVS has line called essence of beauty and the scent SUNBLOSSOM smells like Sunflowers.

pickledtink
pickledtink

It doesn't hit you in any particular way, good or bad. However it never becomes offensive. It's a bland, safe, light day wear spring summer scent with balance and no screeching outrageous accords.
Nothing special but not bad at all which is more than can be said for a lot of the endless parade of hyped up, pretty bottle celeb' stinkers assaulting our nostrils these days.
I didn't really hunt and sniff through the transition.
Mainly because there was nothing much here to discover.This is a safe, safe mix.
I'd be sorry if I'd paid anything much at all for it but as it was a charity shop rummage in a basket buy of a full bottle for the princely sum of £00.50p I'm happy enough. It has obviously been donated out of some ladys' dressing table clear out but is not a vintage bottle. I'm more interested in the little vintage bottle violet scent(also full) I got with it for even less. That has a real vintage well done simple tone to it.
I like 'Sunflowers' enough to look forward to playing with it a bit and see what can be done to mix it up a little.
If you come across this on a cheapie you could do a lot worse.

RobbieX
RobbieX

My Mum used to wear this. It's perfectly named. A lovely perfume that projects and lasts. Bright, pleasant, sunny, cheerful, unique and lovely - that's Sunflowers.

chayann
chayann

Recently got this for my love..Wow! what an awesome perfume..I'm just spellbound..bold,mood elevating,feminine smell which lasts quite long..hav become a fan of Elizabeth Arden..will buy again..

4scents
4scents

On my 2nd bottle now. The first bottle purchased 8+ years ago, I decided to have another go around now, 2013 because the first bottle worked so well. I describe this as my sunshine in a bottle that is transitional from winter/spring for me. The rose iris combination confuses my sense of smell but the citrus musk stands out and above everything. Watery, fresh fruit smell clings just right. I like floral perfumes best so this ones combination is right for me and I do get compliments!

millie1980
millie1980

This perfume was everywhere in the 90s. So much so that it reminds me of my teenage years even though I never owned it back then! I like smelling it purely for the recall of earlier years.

Judging it on its own merits, its rather loud and simple. Don't get me wrong, it is fresh, bright, and innocent, and a more appropriate 'youth' smell than other overdone sugary/fruity/girly perfumes aimed at younger women. Good for teenage girls.

Pasaka
Pasaka

This perfume reminds me of my childhood.. kindergarten times when all our teachers used to wear this fragrance. It is a smell of a strong and independent person (maybe because of the cold scent in this perfume). I can detect few floral and sandal notes. I guess Sunflowers is perfect for all weather .If you are a woman with strong personality then this scent will suit you perfectly.

gabygol
gabygol

It is just a peach! It smells like flowers and citrics. I've discovered that whenever it comes to summer or soft fragrances, citircs are just ideal. Combine it with flowers and there you go! I haven't smell a natural sunflower but I can only say that if you smell this perfume you will always remember it because no other in the market smells similar.

knomrlse
knomrlse

This perfume smells just like sunflowers.. The name is so appropriate because it really smells like that.

white.widow
white.widow

The notes and sunny design indicated that it would be a frag for me. On a strip of paper it smelled lovely so I spayed it on my wrist. What a disapontment, on my skin it lost all the pleasant notes, I'm not sure what it smelled like but I can describe it in two words cheap and synthetic.

willbear
willbear

i remember as a kid in the 90s all the girls had this

I wore this on my wedding day, August, 1993, the year it came out. I was 26. I only had a little vial sample of it. I remember really liking it but wasn't ready to "commit" to a full bottle. Even then, on that special day, the irony was not lost on me. Ha ha. I am however still married to the same man almost twenty years later. I may have to pick up a bottle for nostalgia.

mellymel
mellymel

Have you ever smelled almost ripe sunflower seeds? Well I did because my grand-parents used to plant sunflowers. This perfume smells just like that. The name is so appropriate because it really smells like that. I love to smell it (not to wear it since to me sunflowers mean cooking oil) but it reminds me of my childhood. It's very nice and pleasant :)

satinandlace
satinandlace

No nineties nostalgia here, I was a 1990-er, so yes I was there, but too young. I bought it because well... I love sunflowers. I was looking for something bright and sunny, to remind me to think on the positive side. Earthy sent, some don't seem to like the way sunflowers smell, I love them. I grow them too. So farmer girl scent is okay with me even though I'm in the city. Worn during the summer. I love wearing it when I'm in San Antonio during the summers and I have a healthy tan. It's not very complex or well blended. I wear it the least often of those I do wear. But I still like it at certain times.

topharrow
topharrow

This was my very first perfume. I remember my auntie taking me to Montgomery Ward Department store in Orlando, FL back when I was about 14 yrs old and I walked past a perfume counter an caught a wiff of this and I have been hooked ever since. It has a lovely fresh citrus smell backed up by sweet light florals. It is nice and fresh. Perfect for wearing during the day and at the office since it is not extremely strong or heavy. I always get compliments on it and it will last the entire work day without re-application. My all time favorite

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This was peddled so heavily in every magazine (probably even Bon Appetite)and on every commercial in America in 1993 a woman couldn't help but want to smell like the warm golden sunflowers that Elizabeth Arden touted! I begged for this for my 23rd birthday and received it...it was all it said it was and stronger... bright, yellow, citrus infused and in your face. It is the "gold" counter part" to Red Door. Every one and their dog seemed to let this wear them and drench themselves in it. It is strong, not well blended (IMO) and looking back I am shocked I would succumb to wearing a scent that "wore me" just because it was popular and of the moment. Wow. You've (I've) come a long way baby.

b@by
b@by

Youth in a bottle! Takes me back to being 17. Still love.

linzilou92
linzilou92

I remember starting high school and every girl in the class was wearing a Britney perfume. As much as I love her perfumes I really wanted something different. My Mam took me to a store and stayed with me for about an hour trying various perfumes. I remember smelling this one and falling in love with it.

To me it's very fresh and Sunflowers is the perfect name for it. Even though I don't wear it as often anymore I keep a bottle around just for the memories, To me it smells like summer holidays in West Wales playing games in the park...I think anyone can wear this perfume...young and old.

deliberateangel
deliberateangel

I loathe this perfume. It's rather strong and smell like a field, flowers, hay and grass. In the nineties, this was super popular. I am glad the nineties are over and I don't have to smell this anymore. It always gives me a headache. It's a perfume that strongly smells like a perfume. It's a in-your-face farmer girl scent.

laura.linger.3
laura.linger.3

No other scent says "The 90s" to me. It's "No Rain" by Blind Melon...in a bottle.

Very nostalgic, very much a fragrance of its time.

libbyanne
libbyanne

Ahhhh, Good old 1993.
I had this perfume and a body gel.
Was a great smell but still belongs in the 90's.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

I didn't think I'd ever smelled EA's Sunflowers, but after seeing it regularly at Marshall's and reading reviews here, I wanted to...but not as a blind buy. Eventually I found a tester and Wow! I do remember this. At some point in my life everyone must have been wearing it.

But sadly, I don't like it at all. It is a very up beat, penetrating floral, which I usually like. But there is a note, sort of heavy and a little nutty/woody, that puts me off. In my mind this is the scent of sunflower seeds, which I also don't like. It may just be the association with the name "Sunflowers", but it does smell like that to me. If I liked it, I might say the note is a little like dried grass or hay. But those are notes I really do like; and this is a scent that, without actually giving me a headache, makes me think of one.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

There is something about this scent that puts me off. I can't decide if it's too sweet, or too medicinal, or too soapy, but it didn't agree with me at all. I just felt it had nothing to offer. Yuk!

Trinidella
Trinidella

There are some scents that a serious perfume collector must own, this is one. First of all its a classic and its tolerable by most. It is long lasting and a good office scent.

[ilaria_ions]
[ilaria_ions]

it's not a 'convenient' fragrance. but for me, personally, it's the essence of summer in a bottle. i don't perceive summer as fresh, citrus filled time of year. sunflowers manages to capture the smell of summer heat mixed with flower fragrances. it has the perfect intensity for an eau the toilette, which is activated by the higher temperatures. would't recommend it for a blind buy, but i would recommend it for curing summers blues :)

stardust808
stardust808

this was a blind buy for me & now i have an enormous 3.4 oz bottle of this that i just can't get myself to use. i don't see honey listed in the notes but on me i get this sweet/sour/ honey urine like smell...when i bought this my intent was NOT to smell like a rest stop urinal! i really have to stop buying things unsniffed lol

kai74
kai74

I like it but I´m not sure if I could love it though.
But this perfume is definitely a classic. It´s happy, carefree and unusual (for some it may be an issue).
I wouldn´t recommend it as a blind buy - you should take a sniff at first and then think about it a while.
And in case you choose to wear it you´ll be noticed!
It´s not a sexy or seductive scent but I had many compliments (from men)while wearing it... so go figure ;)

Soap
Soap

A bipolar fruity floral that is not happy.

elifcandan
elifcandan

It smells like a sweet fruit soap, and who passes by you, he/she can smell your perfume.

piapedersen
piapedersen

It'a a love/hate realtionship I have with Elisabeth Arden. They don't produce anything indifferent. Concerning this perfume I must aggree with angie - I also get a headache when I am near this scent. Floral fruity is usually up my alley. But this interacts strangely with my nose. Maybe that explains the price...

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

I bought this a couple of years ago because I remember my Mom wearing this when I was a little kid. I haven´t worn it since then, but just recently I gave it a try again.
It defenetly reminds me of my childhood summers. It has a fresh unique smell and I can´t quite figure out what it is that makes it so unique. It´s unlike any other perfumes that I know. It has a fresh, citrus start to me. I can defenetly smell the melon and I like it, which is weird because normally I can´t stand the scent of melons. Mixed with the bergamot and citrus it has a really nice, fresh fruity-salad-start.
After a while there´s a hint of sweet jasmine and rose, but the rose is more dominant to me. The citrus stays with me throughout the whole time. There´s a hint of powdery musk, not too strong. Maybe the citrus notes keep the musk down a bit, I don´t know. It also has a baby-powder smell in the drydown to me. Don´t know where that comes from...
In my oppinion it´s not a "safe" scent, because it´s dominant and noticeable and it might give some sensitive people headaches. It can become quite annoying and overpowering, but I like it. A nice retro scent that isn´t on the market for no reason for so long!

angievandyke
angievandyke

I was given this fragrance and wore it to work. 2 people asked me not to wear it again and the woman that sits next to me had to go home from work with a migraine. Apparently its a fairly common response to this perfume. A big thumbs down from me.

nightcat23
nightcat23

A very cheerful happy fragrance and kinda smells like a stronger version of Marc Jacobs Daisy. It's perfect for office wear or people who want to smell good but hate fruity sweet cloying scents. For a scent that isn't heavy, it's got incredible lasting power and projects well without annoying anyone.

It smells floral without being heady and irritating. It doesn't give me a headache and it's a nice 'innocent' smell. Perfect for a young girl's first fragrance because it won't make her smell like a prostitute.

pfcs
pfcs

Some years back, I cought a coffret that included Sunflowers, Fifth Avenue, Red Door, and something else. I liked everything but the sunflowers, and stuck it in a drawer. I got it out yesterday to see if I might like to wear it while it is so hot here, and I still just don't like it. I like sultry or sweet either one. This is neither, just harsh to me.

akia vida
akia vida

received it today. It was another blind buy. What can I say I like to be surprised... either way, I really like to see how a perfume develops on me whether in a good or not so good way.

With Sunflowers form EA I had an initial first 'what the bleeeep is this' kind of reaction. After a few minutes I can't stop smelling my arm.
A cheerful and for me an unusual scent, something I have not smelled on my skin before.
Humidity is quite high (about 70%) and temperature is about 28 celsius so I have no idea what it will smell like when temp and humidity is lower but so far I like this sent for warm and humid days.
Cheerful and as said before uplifting.

On my skin I do not smell any fruit... or maybe just a tad of melon (skin???). Flowers (soft), a bit of a green soft herbal (nothing bad). Their is something else, very familiar but can not put my finger on it.

Yes I really like this scent, for me it's a keeper.

Annica
Annica

Surprised that it was so sharp. Very feminine and flowery but very "in your face" kind of fragrance. Would not recommend a blind purchase.

Zinamaseluta
Zinamaseluta

*bounds...i love this Classic! mmmmm, summer in your heart and in your closet. indeed there is no sunflower in it but all in the end it doesnt matter, you got the SUN and you got FLOWERS from it, warm and summer....

sparkybish
sparkybish

When this came out, everyone I knew wore it. I wore it to a prom, and I associate it with that, but I don't like it. It was totally a peer pressure spraying! When I walk past it at the store, I always smell it and have fond memories, but I can't wear it. It's very intense and linear.

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

For me it's not sweet at all! It's sunflowery, no doubt, and I don't like it. It's like still, hot air over a field of wheat. Slightly suffocating and very dry.

zane-zane
zane-zane

I bought it online, based on a review (usually I really like the melon and peach). I would not say that I consider it as a bad perfume - it is very long lasting, strong and sweet, but it's not for me. The thing that I did not like about this perfume is the mix of fresh notes (like citrus) and baby powder sweetness. I prefer that the perfume is either sweet or fresh, this time it seemed to me like something in between, so I did not like it on me.
I would say that this is more of a fragrance for woman over 40.

RosesPeriwinkle
RosesPeriwinkle

Very 90's. It smells good on other people but I use my bottle as room spray.

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

Why do you make always a comparison with another brand.
there is differences in a composition even if you use the same substances.
Sunflower is very present but peacefull, you have the sensation of being layed down on a dune near dried grass. you feel the warm sand flow from your fingers and hear the waves fare away.

SarahSk
SarahSk

This is one of the first scents I added to my collection. I love its uniqueness--not that it is not worn by many people, obviously it is still somewhat popular--but that it has its own distinctive aura that I really like. I find that in the spring and summer I wear it as a feel-good scent that is seasonally appropriate. I like its freshness. It is floral without being in-your-face overwhelming flowerbomb. It has a very reasonable price-point, which can be a virtue, especially in this economy. I don't think it smells cheap though. Nor does it smell expensive. It smells fresh and as others have said, happy and cheerful.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Hmm a lot of you seem to get melon .Me I must fall in the rose/peach/rosewood/cedar+musk drydown.
Somehow,perhaps because of the color of the fragrance I always thought it smelled sort of honeyish and warm.I like it for a cool drizzly day.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled it For the first time few years ago on former coworker. She always wore a scent that smelled very fresh, bright and clean but not aquatic. I finally asked her what it was and it was Sunflowers. I’ve worn it off and on since. I have to say that you really have to let it mellow out on your skin because right after you spray it, it smells like a cleaning product to me. But give it 15-20 minutes and you will get crisp clean bright scent with a musky drydown. It does last fairly long time for a scent this light-it doesn’t hit you in the face but I usually get a whiff of something fresh and clean throughout the day.
I don’t wear it all the time because my favorites are gourmands and floral orientals but every so often I get a craving, especially in hot weather, and Sunflowers can’t be beat.
Its doesn’t really resemble Escape(which is much more aquatic floral to me) but it does fall into same “fresh and clean” category

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I had this a couple of times...in fact, I wore this during most of my college years. It was a signature fragrance for me along with the vanilla perfumes from the 90's. Still have a bottle; I use it during daytime to run errands and such. It's very cassual and fresh. I could use this during a vacation. I like it.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Everything old is new again....I've evolved to that part of perfume love in which you have explored newer scents on your own, discovered what your individual taste is, and become interested in the scents that made up your childhood. The olfactory bulb is a very interesting body part indeed...one generous whiff of a scent molecule you encountered as a child can take you right back, and memories long tucked away resurface.

Sunflowers was the signature scent of my best friend's older sister, she was 17 and we were 11, so of course we thought she was the coolest. And she had her own house! And so that one spritz of Sunflowers today has taken me back to long summers at my friend's house...admiring her sister, playing video games and jumping on the trampoline. Sunflowers in and of itself is a soft, melony, summer scent, similar to Max Mara. Not anything particularly special, but those childhood memories are priceless! I bought it and plan on wearing it frequently this summer.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

This is a soapy floral... I pick up on the cedar and the rose right away, then the moss, lemon, amber, mandarin. Very nice, and surprisingly kind of addictive.

Hannah Kuczera
Hannah Kuczera

I really love this fragrance!
It's fresh, sweet and longlasting.
I always get a lot of compliments when I wear this perfume.
My favorite for the summer!

peppermint136
peppermint136

"Sunflowers Eau de Toilette"

EDT??? Eau de toilette my ass! LOL. Excuse the language, but seriously, this is so long lasting! It's been 10 hours and I can still smell the heart notes. A nice scent, it reminds me of the light scent of sunflowers intensified to this! I used 5 sprays the first time I used it, like I do with a normal EDT....and my boyfriend could smell it. He has practically no sense of smell, lol. STRONG, but good, in small amounts.

Smell: 8/10
Bottle: 7/10 Cute!
Lasting power: 10/10

Would I buy again? Sure.

Zavalaam
Zavalaam

I use to wear this in high school back in 94-00, I missed the smell. I smelled it again lately and love it. I put some on and my husband who usually doesn't like flower smells, loved it and said it made it seem like it was my natural smell. Just a little of it goes a long way and lasts all day. I don't wear it for night but during the day it's great and makes you actually feel happier.

perfumery123
perfumery123

It is a bright and sunny fragrance with a balmy undertone to it for the top notes, when it settles on the skin it does not smell good at all, it is cheap at least and it makes a good room spray for summertime but that is all

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I swear every teacher in my elementary school wore this. I assume it may have actually smelled good on one of the teachers and then all the other teachers caught wind and copied her and it didn't suit them as well. ECK!

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

Ah, the smell of boredom. A dense, tedious scent to evoke waiting rooms, bus-riding, and lulls in conversation. Great big yawning sunflowers.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I have bought this kit along with the body cream and shower gel based on the reviews and my association with the sunflowers in the summer landscape of rural Ukraine. What can I say, it is a very sunny perfume, however it lacks transparency for me. It is quite linear statement with not much variation.

I love the cream and shower gel, however already received 2 negative comments on the perfume itself-one from a close friend who has later given me a small sample of solid fragonard perfume-perhaps a subconscious intention to teach me about other option for hot summer days, and another one-from a male friend-who said: it is not a very expensive perfume, is it? Bottle was given to my daughter, who said: why have you been so generous with gifting me perfumes recently? Maybe she will use it after deciding to use her Baby Doll sparingly to make it last longer.

...i may return to it later to re-evaluate...Because first impression was-it's such a yellow, uncomplicated summer sunday morning scent, me dressing down to go to the farmers market on sunday morning...

edit> so after 1 month and now recognising sunflowers in the shopping malls and reacting when my daughter sprays it on-I have decided it's not for me. Fantastic idea-to capture the scent of the sun and roasted sunflower seeds, but implemented a bit roughly and linear-there is no mistery, and a huge plastic-like base to this perfume. Pity.

cinsot
cinsot

I was entrenched in the bowels of ladies fashion retail the year Sunflowers hit the shelves in 1993. Every woman and her dog diligently marinated themselves in Sunflowers gracing shopping centres across the land!

It is difficult to shake this olfactive memory as it has been lasered into my brain, however years of not sniffing Sunflowers daily have helped me arrive at some sense of appreciation.

Melon and spicy woods blended with stone fruit and citruses make Sunflowers an endearingly happy scent. Worn in minuscule amounts (drops, no more than two) Sunflowers really comes into its own as a sunny fragrance evoking pictures of vast fields of sunflowers growing either side of the dusty narrow road leading into an old bustling country town.

Cheap is not necessarily a bad thing. Sunflowers sets out to prove this, and it does it so well.

Elizabeth Arden has some good, old classics in its repertoire and Sunflowers is no exception. It's a unique little scent, perfectly suitable for bright, sunny weather and women of all ages.

The top notes start off a little watery and strong, perhaps the most uninspiring aspect of this composition. However once the scent has settled on the skin you can appreciate what an interesting fragrance Sunflowers truly is.

Sweet melon and rich, juicy peach are the main stand-outs with a hint of powdery warmth. It's a mature scent, yet I don't mean that in a derogatory sense of the word. It feels strangely glamourous and elegant.

When I smell Sunflowers I think of sunshine, the beach and a glass of French champagne. There's a delicious rosiness in Sunflowers as well that you'd perhaps never expect. The rose is not dominant, but it's certainly there in full bloom.

The sillage and longevity of this bargain scent is truly impressive. I am quite taken aback by how likable Sunflowers is and how it has managed to slip under my radar for so long.

TwistedKid14
TwistedKid14

Loved it when I was in high school. Definitely a scent for the Spring/Summer months. Now that I'm in my 30's, I wouldn't wear it. In my opinion, this fragrance is ideal for teenagers.

kemccollum
kemccollum

It's a shame how much this makes me nauseous now, because I loved it so much in junior high school in the early/mid-90s. Sadly my entire school felt the same way, so the halls were clogged with Sunflowers, and that's why I can't smell it without gagging anymore.

jufconnie
jufconnie

For me this was an impulse buy. It was so cheap I had to buy it. But I don't really like it. After reading the reviews here, I want to try it again. Have I missed something? I will give it a second chance. What I don't like in this fragrance is a kind of buttery, greasy quality that real sunflowers also have. I could say it's well dome because it really resemble sunflowers. May be I just don't like the smell of real sunflowers....

Sunflowers...like coming home. This was so popular when I was about 10 years old. It's been many years since I've smelled it, and I just added it to my collection now that I could buy a big bottle for only $10.

It's still warm, yellow, bright, cheerful, and sunny, just like it always was. I missed that burst of sun-ripened honeydew melon and the drydown enriched with musk and oakmoss.

Now that I'm older, and my taste in perfume has become more refined (i.e. snobish?), it smells a bit grassy and screechy to my nose. Nevermind--Sunflowers will always be one of the great American classics. I'm pleased that it smells just like it did 20 years ago.

AllieT
AllieT

I got this for Christmas from hubby after smelling it on a patient at the Dr's Practice where I work!
A warm, glowing, floral feel to this scent, with hints of melon, truly like a summer's day.
Great value for money as well.

This is a perfume I get compliments about :o)

sweetness10
sweetness10

This is a nice, innocent, summery day fragrance. I don't dislike it at all but it smells a bit dated and bit cheap to me so I wouldn't wear it again.

stayclose
stayclose

I wonder if after 100 and some reviews if someone will read this. My girlfriends daughter wears it and I can smell the citrus and flowers in it. I think its the mellon that gives its uniquenes. I like it.

Yin2112
Yin2112

uhm? what should i say about this one..
okay in fact, i had it from one of my friends on 17th birthday (50ml) and i think I just used it not even over 5ml
Too bad the main reason is, i'm not a kind of appropriate to wear it. I somewhatlike it anw, but not enough to make me feel the feeling I needed. It might just suit with someone else, people who kind of happier, brighter, actively..etc..than me. This perfume is full of light and vitality , and yes i think it's exactly called "sun flower".
First time, it was nice, warm, lovely a little
Second, soft ( I think it was such a body milk or soap scent) sweet, normal, easy to use but too normal
Third, cute and since that I quickly stopped using it..

so, I just recommend it if you are so easy to satisfy with something basic or are in need of cheering up, that's all :D

beatrix75
beatrix75

i realized that for some reason only this one i can use ,nothing alls becoze i get headaches and the Jadore wich one its my signature perfume .This little beautiful fragrance make me happy every day long no matter winter or sommer ,it has all what i expect from a fragrance!!Flowers creamy little orientalisc feeling ,sunny warm interesting !!!lovly

cryptic
cryptic

I find myself reaching for this one on dark, rainy days to combat the gloom. No one will ever accuse Sunflowers of being a masterpiece of the perfumer's art, but it does have an aromatherapy effect on me and is a definite mood-lifter, be it ever so humble.

SheShe
SheShe

I had a bottle and I sold it.
In the beginning I liked the fragrance: it's the kind of a fragrance that leaves a trace when you walk. It also has something oriental and positive in it.
After a few days I noticed that melon is the main player and it makes me uncomfortable and tired of the ingredient, so I sold it.

It isn't expensive and has a good lasting power though.

calliope07
calliope07

It was an impulse purchase. I don't wear it now, but spray it on my vacuum cleaner bag. LOL. It does make the room smell fresh.

It's a rather pleasant aroma, but it just strikes me as a cosmetic smell.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Quite air freshenerish.. but I guess ok for the price. I think this is very similar to Kate Moss's Kate Summer Time. Somewhat harsh and strong so use sparingly.

Edit. there's a soapy element to this scent.

melinamelp
melinamelp

very warm, not complicated at all. plain sunny floral and happy perfume. For women who just want to smell this way, without any mystery or seductiveness. It is like a summertime in a countryside, when the grass is yellow and u hear cicades singing.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I think there is something in this fragrance that makes you love it when you're young... maybe the warmth and the safety, maybe the camomille note... I don't know, but I remember I used to love it, too, in my teens and early twenties.But now, when I smell it, I can't really tell why anymore... :)

rdharmapuri
rdharmapuri

I had a bottle of this in my early twenties and loved it then! I went through the whole bottle and didn't buy again because my sis fell in love with it and we both smelled alike! I ventured into new stuff and had forgotten about this. This is, in fact, so common that it is hard to forget. Let's say I had ignored it :) I know many people dislike this, but to me, it brings back a lot of memories from my 20s - fresh, confident, energetic and ready to take on the world. I re-ordered a 100ml one and just received it. I didn't waste any time ripping it open and spraying it. Wonderful! The fact that I've aged a decade doesn't make a difference to how this smells on me.

One thing for sure - you overdo this, you ruin it! Totally light hand this precious one!

sleepy
sleepy

This parfume smells great, like summer and sunflowers, very exciting and optimistic.

Unfortunately the smell did not show up good on my skin. Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden is a better choice for me.

I'm sure some will like the parfume!

poisonivy87
poisonivy87

i have this perfume , its almost finished though. Good to use in the summers. its soft, subtle, sweet and smells very very feminine. Reminds of a garden full of blooming flowers. its that fresh!

Małgoś
Małgoś

A really lovely fragrance. And for the price, you cannot really not try it if you have not done so.

It is very delicate, not "explicitly" floral, but a little creamy instead. It gives you an impression of softness but I find it also cheerful, in a delicate way. The smell is subtle, never kitschy. And it lasts.

And I do not agree that it is for mature women - not at all.

Niunia
Niunia

It's lovely! Smells like late summer, fresh and clean everyday frag for low price.

Miffymuffin
Miffymuffin

I don't know why everyone is so down on this. Ok its not the most glamourous scent but if you want something clean and fresh its lovely.
When I wear it it reminds me of a hot summer day when you get up really early, before the heat sets in. Whilst the day is still cool and fresh, the sky is blue and cloud free and the day is full of promise. This is what the air smells like (to me).
Its a young, fresh and invigorating scent. Pefect for sunny days.

icekat
icekat

I have mixed feelings about Sunflowers. I do like the interesting and complex composition of this scent and it does convey the feelings of being in the field of sunflowers under the blue sky. However, there is something in this scent that does not sit right with me. Perhaps the melon note is a bit overdone. But nevertheless, Sunflowers is a vibrant mix of fruits and flowers that represent sunny, carefree and fun side of the summertime really well.

The opening smells to me like a bubbly peachy melon shampoo but the composition also has a nice touch of bergamot and woods to make it interesting. In the heart notes, the rose and jasmine are noticeable on my skin but the scent retains the vibrancy of the melon and peach, which contributes to its sunny, bright side. The oakmoss and woods are most noticeable on my skin towards the dry down. The scent has nice sillage and longevity. My advice is not to overdo it or you will end up with sickly melon cocktail on your skin.

My overall rating is 6.5/10. I do like the cheerful side of this scent but strong and a bit synthetic melon note is just a bit too much for me.

alice_fotini
alice_fotini

I would define it as an extremely casual fragrance with following characteristics:
- Sunny, flowery-fruity, sweet, happy
- Frightening staying power, therefore 1-2 light spritz are more than enough. The fragrance can induce nausea

I usually do not comment on the name choice of the perfume, but in this case I believe that “Sunflowers” is a well-chosen one.
I also do not pay attention to the bottle, but now I could not help myself - it is really, really boring.
However it does remind me of a sunflower seed or petal, so maybe there is a reason behind it after all.

jodee
jodee

I thought of this perfume because I just smelled fresh sunflowers growing in my garden. When I smelled my flowers..I remembered this perfume because of the name. And my second thought was, "I bet there's no sunflowers in that perfume." Cause I didn't remember smelling any. I checked, and sure enough, no sunflowers. Which is one of the reasons I don't care for this scent. Sunflowers are sweet, warm, deep and beautiful smelling, and this perfume is not worthy of the name at all. It doesn't capture the scent of sunflowers. I would love a perfume that had actual sunflowers in it I think.

christina2015
christina2015

I like this perfume. It smells fresh, young and cheerful. You can wear it casually such as picnic, BQ party, outdoor activity. It can inspire your day if you spray it a little bit. Don't spray it so much , It will make your headache.

miahreis
miahreis

This is going to be a bad review so forgive me, the ones who love this perfume. I purchased it for my grandmother, who also didn't like it, so I tried it on myself, and I had to wash it off, or at least try to...it smells to chemically on my skin. Plus, there is a girl at the office that I work who wears this and she isn't a very nice person at times...so that's two strikes against sunflowers! I agree that it's a very fresh sunny scent, but it's just too much and if worn by the wrong person (like myself) it could lead to disaster-tis a no for me

marija.p
marija.p

One day I sprayed this on and I thought...wow. It's simple, clean fresh and summery. Every time I wear it I get compliments! But if you're after a sexy, "in your face" night perfume, I don't recommend this.

All in all, a fresh, breezy scent. Wonderful.

Ditto25
Ditto25

This was one of the fragrances to wear if you were a teenage girl in the 90's. I loved this stuff. I was so pleased when I got this for Xmas because my friend had a knock off and was always bragging about it because she knew I like it. I'll always have happy teenage memories with this scent.

t_russell335
t_russell335

this scent makes you feel good and energized. I don't think this is an "icky" fragrance. yes, it stands out and is not a subtle scent. powerpuffruth is right about guys liking it. I used to work everyday in a kitchen, just me and the chef.. and although I wore many perfumes, this is the only one he noticed, and he liked it :). (same situation with my mother). great for if you want to feel energized, full of life and want a pick me up. Thumbs up

bonovox
bonovox

This is actually hideous! It makes me feel like I just stuffed my face into the most nauseating melon. (And I'm not talking in a good way). Take that and mix it with some funeral water.

So damn strong, it's one of those fragrances that if somebody had on them in an elevator, I would get off at the next floor. I had to find the nearest restroom for the poor girl who tested this for me, and even after scrubbing, and scrubbing it would not come off. Talk about sillage and longevity... this is like napalm going off in the department store.

this is the fragrance that "The Church Lady" from Saturday Night Live would wear during a summer day.

nora elia
nora elia

I had this perfume long time ago but I did not like it it was to " noisy" for me I gave it to my mom thinking that she was going to give it away. However she started using it and she really liked it I even heard my dad ask her the perfume's name! Surprisingly she finished the bottle in few months and we could not find it anymore. It had great silage and last for hours! You can get tired of it and still it will be on you! Smell like a spring morning very cheerful and noisy!
Update: I found a bottle of it in a small perfume shop, I bought it to my mom!

Tiktak
Tiktak

I wore this in the 90's and recently bought myself another bottle. Even though everyone else seems to wear this in hot weather I love this for the fall. It reminds me of the cooler nights and the mums that seem to be for sale everywhere at that time of year. So crisp and spicy. I really enjoy it. This is a scent I wear for me.....

vtothek
vtothek

Yesterday I finally got to smell this perfume, having not done so in many years. I have to say, this would be a great scent if there was not that strange undercurrent of chemicals in the smell.

It starts off fresh and fruity, but not overly sweet, which is a hard feat to accomplish. Had the perfume stayed this was it would be outstanding - instead a harsh note kicks in that burns the nose. Whatever it is, it smells like industrial kitchen cleaner.

So disappointing. Perhaps there was a reformulation causing this disaster? Either way, this scent is for nostalgic purposes only as I can't see anyone wearing it in all seriousness.

This scent belongs in the 90's to me. It has a strange watery note to it, which I guess is the melon. It's a unique fragrance, but has been so popular that it's instantly recognizable.

powerpuffruth
powerpuffruth

Strangely men seem to love it!
Weird I know .. but I teach in an all male secondary school and wore it to work (admittedly to kinda get rid of the stuff) all the boys seem to really like it ?!?! ...and it's not just restricted to them I wore it to a Rockers bar one night too and the Hells Angels couldn't get enough of it either :)
So there you have it ladies if you want to impress underage males with no refinement or men used to the smell of oil and axle grease you can't go wrong :)

Personally I quite like it it's cheerful and reminds me of being a teenager :)xxx

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

I used to love scents like this when I was about fifteen - melon based, strangely bright stuff that to a teenager seems nice and uncomplicated. I later bought Sunflowers when I was about 22 to remind myself of this category, only to discover that what a clueless girl considers nice and inoffensive might actually be the exact opposite - harsh, obnoxious and completely devoid of selfcontrol. It doesn't really develop in the fashion of a proper fragrance. It just gets more annoying over time, and instead of something that you could call a drydown, leaves one constant screeching noise that's hard to get rid off. If you happen to like it, please, use it very sparingly.

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

Saw the pic and remembered that I had this perfume and I loved it. Well, looks like it is not the perfume "for life" but would be nice to have it again for some hot summer day.

jae21583
jae21583

This scent was actually my first perfume,it was in junior high.It brings back memories of when i was younger,i used to love wearing it.I think its a great perfume for young girls to wear or as a gift.Havent worn it since though:/

takeasniff
takeasniff

Whenever I wear this men always compliment me and ask what am I wearing. They say oh I got that for my mum I thought it was for older ladies but that smells nice. I had the same reaction. Always passed it by then eventually I got a bottle because I collect perfume. I tried it and it smells like escape by Calvin Klein. Or sometimes I just smell roses. I know that it strange but it has that fresh but serious smell that roses can sometimes have. I suppose it is one you have to trial. You will either like it or it just won't work for you it just is not linear enough to please everyone.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

a nice, happy scent. to me it reminds CK escape and l'eau d'issey. great for a hot summer day when you want something invigorating and clean.

lapurrla
lapurrla

For the second time in his life, Nikky the Blue Russian, Co-ordinating Cat Council of Australia Champion and FASA Gold Double Grand Champion, plus self-styled, self-appointed Purrfume Critique, has shared his feelings about a fragrance with me. I now wish to document his views on Sunflowers. I hope my fellow Fragranticans will find this enlightening.

The story begins... Earlier this evening I applied a small amount of Sunflowers to my wrist from one of my assortment of tester vials. The sumptuous cat Nikky arrived beside me shortly thereafter. Approaching my wrist with notable deliberation, he sniffied my wrist with an unusual intensity of thought. I watched in avid anticipation, wondering what his response to my latest test would be. Nikky wasted no more time in thought and moved swiftly into action. Head down, tongue out he started licking my wrist. Lots and lots of licks, and all gentle. I couldn't help but become confused! Does he love the smell so much that he wants to taste the Sunflowers? Or does he dislike it so much that he is intent upon removing it? I looked more closely at Nikky's face and detected a slight but peculiar wrinkling of the nose. AHA! thought I. This is the face of a cat trying to fix a problem and that problem is called Sunflowers. I ascertained that he wants to cuddle up next to me but cannot do so until he removes that most un-Linda-like smell from my arm. Once satisfied with his efforts, Nikky curled up against me and went off to sleep. Thus failing to win the Nikky seal of approval, Sunflowers has fallen into the category of "never to be worn again". The end.

olga1780
olga1780

I would put Sunflowers in the category of extremely casual scents, more of a body spray than perfume...something to wear around the house or even during or after sports. Very pleasant and inoffensive...reminds me of shampoo or soap.

Wow, I have something to add here. Although one spray on the hand smelled pleasant, trying to wear it was absolutely torturous for me. I might have oversparyed but after 20 minutes I was frantically washing it off because i was literally suffocating from the smell...it was so soapy and cloying. And i usually complain about lack of sillage in fragrances. As of now this is the first EA perfume i find unwearable.

If you like melon notes, go with Volupte by Oscar de La Renta...much more refined and higher quality.

NaQueen
NaQueen

I wore Sunflowers in my teens and i loved it! Many happy memories for me...As others have described, cheerful, innocent and comfortable. When I smell this fragrance now,it takes me back to a fun time in my life.

This is a very common scent here, sold almost everywhere quite cheap. Initially it smells nicely of summer and flower - and yes, sunflowers - but after I received it and wore it, I couldn't stand it. It was so strong and somehow harsh and unpleasant. I couldn't bear it. Although it's not like Giorgio Beverly Hills Yellow in scent, I find it similarly nauseating and oldfashioned.

emi
emi

I've got this one from my boyfriend few days ago. I didn't like it at first but now I'm getting used to it. It starts with some yellow fruits - I feel damson, pear and peach maybe and some green, little bit tart note. Than the fruits vanish, tart note becomes more bold so as the floral notes, which I can not really recognize. And the ozone note appears. That ozone note doesn't really suit me but I'm trying to like it. This scent isn't very lasting on my skin but I need to test it more. It is quite nice, daytime, floral - fruity scent but classic in the same time. Not my cup of tea but I will use it with pleasure on sunny, casual days.

P.S. The bottle is really ugly. Well, it's not the appearance that counts, it's the inside;).

P.S.2 I must admit that the lasting power is not as bad as I've thought. I've been sniffing it from my neck from 7 a.m. and it is 1 p.m while I'm writing that sentence.

krayonkid
krayonkid

i had to accompany my boss for her next perfume splurge. We didn't have many options as the town we live in is quite small. She ended up buying Mariah's M, which i'm happy about, as i adore Mariah and make sure as many people own or wear her perfumes, adn Elizabeths Sunflowers.

I love the sensual sweetness of the melons, and its not faint and not overpowering either, just sensual, mature. I have to say though, although the first five hours the smell is alluring, on my boss, the melons is the only thing i smell, and then after it dies down, I smell garden flowers, the rose and jasmine.

Id give it 4thumbs up for its honest statement. It needs no explaining, and certainly any person wearing this will not only feel very femininely sexy and confident, but will also certainly receive alot of compliments.

Convict13
Convict13

There is a harshness about this perfume which I can't quite pinpoint, but in saying that it is one of my daily fragrances, when I wear it people do comment that they like it.

Adorabella
Adorabella

Gosh, I got this when I was 14 and was just getting into perfumes. It was a good starter scent and would be perfect for young girls. It is a very summery, happy perfume.

alessia
alessia

it's sunny, unexpensive and it puts me in a good mood...what can you ask more to a perfume? moreover it reminds of my best summer ever when I was twenty!

RavenDarkholme
RavenDarkholme

I love the melon smell, it feels warm and safe. For me its a spring fragrance suitable for any age... a bit bored of it now but I will probably buy it again some day:)

Air of Mystery
Air of Mystery

Phenomenal. Breathtaking. Reminds me of Creation of Adam and the Garden of Eden, a simpler time, when the only thing to grace the mind was love, and the only thing uttered from the mouth was kisses. My mother wore this as I was approaching the end of youth, and this is a summer I will never forget. A brandish of the hand to you, Elizabeth Arden.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

What a wonderful smell, summer in a bottle, smells just like a sunflower. It's fresh and girly. I really like this for a sunny day. I got the 100ml + 100ml Body Lotion and 100ml Shower gel for 14€, what a deal :D

pinki
pinki

Was my first fragrance as a wee lass! Very fresh and sunny fragrance, easy to wear. I remember it being pretty linear though, with no real structure to it. Great 'starter' fragrance for younger ladies, or a fresh fun fragrance for the young at heart :o)

Norgirl
Norgirl

One of the first parfymes i got . sunny warm .love the smell of light spice in the end. smells alot like Escape from Calvin Klein . I wander if it stills smells good on me . maybe i would try it again .
a happy day parfyme

Ohkit
Ohkit

A lovely summer scent. A less pretentious alternative to "L'Eau d'Issey", an instant "feel good" smell and an ideal perfume for the end of August, when it's still hot outside, yet the grass and leaves already turn yellow. The only bad thing about it is its massive, cheap looking bottle, but don't judge a book by its cover :)

Kreen
Kreen

This is a very pleasant, refreshing fragrance. Good for casual, daytime wear, but I wouldn't recommend it if you really want to make an impact. I find that it lifts my mood when I wear it.

Atomic Von Cherry Boom
Atomic Von Cherry Boom

I remember sneaking into my older sisters room when i was young and playing with her bottle, spraying some on and thinking i was so grown up. I have very fond memories of this scent and had to put it in my perfume rotation as i got older. I wear this on hot days and nights in summer, it makes me feel refreshed and cool.
Not an everyday perfume though because i can see how you could get a little overwhelmed by the scent.

mimosabee
mimosabee

Another sun-kissed smell with a hint of sweetness. I was surprised by the ingredients though... I thought I got a hint of mimosa and hyacinth... perhaps my mistake...
Recommended for young women of around 20-30

passionata20
passionata20

Very simple and absolutly not outstanding. Feels like a bit oily scent to me, but very warm. Think of warm sunny day in a corn field, that how i would describe this fragrance. Doesn´t cost much at all, so very affordable to younger girls, whom it would suit very well.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Very recognizable and unique. Sunny , woody , the melon smell is very present .
I guess it's not a very easy to love perfume , but surely i do ! I had several bottles of it.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This has to be one of the most under-rated perfumes of all times. Its absolutely timeless and smells extremely modern. It is summer in a bottle.
A girl who works with me and is in her twenties wears
this and she smells great. It is so simple and unpretentious. The only masculine that i can think of that gives a similar feeling is Clinique happy.
If you have not smelt this and have walked passed this a million times in cheap drug-stores then do yourself a favour and try it. In england i have seen 100ml gift sets with body lotion for £10.

i love this perfume. its sweet but clean. just a fruity, sweet, lovely scent. the honey dew melon is the star in this perfume and that's what makes it a summery delight. i feel good when i wear this and it lasts.
edit:
i am reading quite a few of mimosabee's reviews and i am in kind of wonderment of why this person keeps putting a woman's age limit as to who should be wearing each perfume. i don't understand. i feel if you love a perfume and it loves you, why should age matter?
i am almost 50 yrs old and i wear everything from britney spears to arpege. i don't see a problem with that. i still wear sunflowers and have been since my middle 30's and i guess i will continue to. different strokes for different folks, i guess.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

I fell in love with this fragrance on holiday in Europe in the summer of 95. Sunflowers, the fragrance, always evokes the memory of that time. Warm and golden glowing fields of sunflowers. Sunflowers is my happy fragrance all year round. I wear it when skiing as I love the contrast of snow and the scent of sunflowers. Lasts well on my skin.

Just noticed - there are no sunflowers listed in the notes and yet I definitely smell sunflowere. Olfactory illusion or have they just been left out of the description?

awarren177
awarren177

When I think of the smell it takes me right back to H.S. in the 90's. I wore this and New West by Aramis. I loved this scent then, but I wouldn't wear it now.

romrom
romrom

I really love this one but can never find it anymore, its very happy and optimistic scent,it makes you think of summer and having fun on the beach with freinds and enjoying the simple things in life.
it's a winner in my book

Nat13
Nat13

I tried to like this scent many years ago, it's so light and airy, but there is something in it that makes me sneeze uncontrollably.

I am a sensitve person as far as skin products, laundry liquid, things like that, ...and I do suffer hayfever, yet I can normally wear perfumes without reacting.

Not this one tho.

Beautiful does the same thing to me - but that smells like old soap in my opinion so no loss there ..lol

Obviously I cant say too much that has not already been said about the actual scent, ..but for allergic response - big thumbs down.

angelyna
angelyna

I was thinking of buying this one for quite some time. Till now i just tested it on paper. It smelled nice, a bit sweet, a bit fresh, nothing out of the ordinary... but on my skin, wow.. very peppery, and woody, but not in a cloying manner, not old... Just right!
Really can't get any floral notes. somewhat, woody - spicy -fruity. No rose on my skin, just rose wood, and peach, and pear, and pink pepper,and something like Christmas, I mean ginger, cinnamon and clover! But it could be just my skin acting crazy again!

guest_salz
guest_salz

i forgot to add i would of expected there to be sunflowers in this scent but no there wasnt
whenever i were this i can imagine myself wearing a yellow long dress with long curls running through sunflower fields!!

Ladysong
Ladysong

I dislike this one, but it isn't Elizabeth Arden's fault, I suspect. My mother wore it for years, but then it began to give her headaches, so she stopped part way through a bottle. The bottle sat there on her dresser for a few years, and when I was nine, I sprayed it on myself out of curiosity - it was dreadful, but had probably changed over time. Even now, when I smell a bottle of it that hasn't sat out for years, it makes me feel ill to remember how it smelled then.

You are so right Mad-Lainey, I always loved Sunflowers, it is soo uplifting and GREAT staying power!! I keep saying to people, Elizabeth Arden has great perfumes! We should be glad when perfume houses do not want us to be broke, after buying one of their perfumes!!
:-)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Sunflowers is a great summer fragrance. When I sniff it, I actually do smell sunflowers. Sunflowers by Arden is somehow bizzare, the cheap looking bottle does not promise a great experience, yet if you're prepared to get the prejudice behind - you'll be nicely surprised. It is a great fragrance to spritz after a cool shower on a hot summer morning.
I cannot detect flower notes on their own - I only smell sunflowers :-)

Anmo
Anmo

This fragrance is somewhat cute. And somewhat provincial ... Like a fragrance that a cheerful country girl would wear.
Its sweet, bright, optimistic, warm, even a little mouthwatering. But i just don't like it at all.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

Its pretty! I sampled this with a .25 oz but its really strong for me so I would never need more than that for a long time! Very summery I think. If sunflowers really did have a smell Im pretty sure this would be it!

narcozia
narcozia

This one's a classic! I don't get any of the fruit notes, it's all floral on me, but what a beautiful floral it is! I can smell something very earthy in this... it reminds me of a sunny a meadow full of wildflowers. I always wear this fragrance when I visit my grandparents who are living in the countryside. This is perfect for lazy days, laying in the grass and reading a great book or just taking a walk in the woods. I can't get tired of it! However, I'd never wear it in a busy city or on a cold day.

Halvah totally agree!! I love Sunflowers for the same reasons you mentoin!!
Great!

Halvah
Halvah

This is the only one perfume with dominant melon note in the top that I actually really enjoy. Every perfume that has fruity notes become very juicy on my skin, even if thy have much more flowers in them, so I don't use fruity-florals and usualy get a stomach ache from watery cool fruity-florals (like Cool Water or Dali's Dalimix for example).
But this smells quite different. I 've found it in a drugstore when it was absolutely cheap and due to its happy-coloured packaging, I tried it on a paper strip first. It evoked beautifully happy childhood-memories to me. It was bright, sunny and overly feminine on the paper, more floral than fruty or aquatic. I bought one bottle and realized that it is just as juicy on my skin as the other fruity florals but its base is more vibrant, more beautiful than any of the sunny fruity florals or floral-aquatic scents I know. It's the perfect feminine fragrance for hot summer days without being very plain, boring or sporty.

Lucero
Lucero

I see this perfume & all i think of is my sister i was little & she was in middle school & she would alwayssss be wearing this ughh i hated it! pleasent memories though!lol

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

I know that this isN'T a new fragrance but I am just getting into it. I purchased it today scent unsniffed and I rather like it. It's summery and warm and it really does make me think of warm summer days. I think that it smells really good for a rather cheap perfume. I defiently see myself using this alot this summer.

Poisonivyprince
Poisonivyprince

I Remembered One Of My Friends Wearing This In Middle School And The Hunt Was On. I Just Got My 1st Bottle Last Week. I Love It So Much This Like Black Pearls Is Now In My Top 25. Though Its Accused Of Being An "Old Lady Perfume" I Think Many Of Us In the Younger Audiances Can Appreciate Its Bold Scent.

sugarplumjabba
sugarplumjabba

Funnily enough, I can remember wearing this all through out middle school and LOVING it, now however, I find it to be wayyyyyy too strong and overpowering. It's funny how these things appeal to you so much when you're young and just don't when you get older.

lucifera
lucifera

hmm in high school a girl wore it, when i found out what it was i just got to have it,once i had sunflower it turn out to bore me because of the poor lasting power and it was heavy...dont know how i feel about it now, it wasnt dirty though, nice scent

Florentine
Florentine

I had this perfume for a long while (I bought it because it had so happy colours and I am ashamed to say that it was quite cheap). So I had it in the cupboard for a long while without opening it. Then I gave it to my daughter because I didn't expect much from this perfume. When I smiled it on her it smelled like a million dollar. Really pleasant, fresh, innocent, sunny, warm and friendly. I can see the sunflowers and bees around it. There is this nice warm honey smell. Cheerful somehow. I tried it and I really like it. It is a nice summer fragrance and the drydown is lovely. I even think it is best for young girls because of its innocent and fresh nature. For that price a really high quality fragrance in my opinion. And I think the name and package is just right for that perfume. (The bottle itself could be a bit more luxurious though, I hate plastic caps).

Hejjdy
Hejjdy

I've just bought this perfume.
Well ... it's a nice surprise despite the fact that it was created more than 10 years ago.It's perfect for everyday use in the summer.

guest_angel
guest_angel

Like most Arden scents, very individual and not everyone's cup of tea. I love Arden generally and this one in particular, because I value strong character in a scent. So many modern fragrances are insipid and characterless, but you couldn't make that accusation here.

'Sunflowers' is unlike any other perfume I've encountered, it's completely unique - the notes combine in the strangest way to produce a 'seaside' scent, something that just instantly takes me to the sea. It's wonderfully bracing and never fails to cheer me up.

I think this is one for people who really love unusual scents.

Tala
Tala

I have a bottle which I keep because it reminds me of the year I bought it. 1994 I was going to university and this scent was really cool to wear. Guys actually loved it and drew close to me in the bus stop sniffing the air.
Lately I have found myself wearing this perfume again. makes me feel young again and it's not a bad perfume. I am comfortable with it and it is as much aquatic as it is powdery.
Price is good and you will never run out, because it is widely available.

guest_skysong
guest_skysong

i didn't really detect any lemon at all in the opening notes. it smelled too sweet, in a way similar to honey, without any of the mandarin or peach fruitiness.

there wasn't really jasmine or rose either, although it had a scent reminiscent of cut flowers (a little off-sweet, somewhat grassy) and then skipped to the base notes, which I actually kind of like. the cedar and sandalwood are distinctive but not heavy.

the opening feels 'childish' and the drydown smells like it was designed for men. somewhat disappointed because i was hoping it would be a fresher 'bright' fragrance.

Migotka
Migotka

A funny story concerning this fragrance happened in our house.
A couple of years back y dad bought me and my sister two bottle of perfumes, and asked us to chose which one did we want. I went for Amor Amor, my sister for Sunflowers.
She sprayed it on herself before dinner, went downstairs and sat next to Dad who was watching TV. After a couple of minutes Dad turned to my mom and asked "What is it that youre cooking for dinner, smells of rotten grapes", being completely unaware that was just the smell of Sunflowers... Guess what, that was the last time my sister ever wore it. :)

moonruby
moonruby

The first perfume I ever bought, and I am ashamed to say that I bought this because of its cheap price, without actually trying it beforehand. I bought a 100ml bottle and regret it till this day, I was enchanted by the $15 price tag.

There is a strong rose and and faint lychee presence that goes a little stale afterwards. I was suprised on how an innocent looking fragrance could be so strong.

my point is = DO NOT buy a 100ml bottle of perfume Unless you really love it

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

Sassy1
Sassy1

Bright and cheery fragrance. Nice for summer but too soliflora for me. It's in the inexpensive scent genre, akin to Jean Nate or Chantilly. Might be good for a girl's 1st perfume.

Dardona
Dardona

The first time I smelled this perfume was years ago when a co-worker wore it. I asked her the name of it and she told me "Sunflowers" I thought it was okay at first and even mentioned it to my mother.
Well, my mother having the memory of an elephant, decided to buy Sunflowers for me at Christmas ..... and every following Christmas after that.
My closet started accumulating unopened bottles of the stuff. I desperately wanted to re-gift the bottles but decided that it was bad Karma to give away something that I myself couldn't bear to wear. I never did tell my mom how much I hated the stuff, rest her soul, but it was always funny the way my sons would watch for the dreaded bottle of Sunflowers on Christmas day.

Mr.fililocololo
Mr.fililocololo

this fragrance is very strong and fruity not very floral but a bit worm very long lasting but it's too cheap for it smell it smells like a luxury fragrance

sky76sky
sky76sky

I agree with most of the reviews here: a cheerful, sunny, juicy, warm floral scent with a good dollop of honeyed melon & fruits. Inexpensive (not cheap) & good for bringing back happy memories.

It is much more sturdy & bright than other E.Arden fragrances I have tried possessing a uniqueness that others in the range fail to express. It is quite loud & has an aquatic note that sometimes disturbs & can cause headaches in sensitive souls. The loudness is not the tarty or 80's kind - it is like the inescapable sun's rays making every detail & facet clear & bright.

I used to own this at uni as it made me feel cheery in the summer sun. Oddly enough it as always a scent that was positively commented upon, shared & used by many.

It will never be the unique, mind-blowing scent you seek...it will remain a care-free, chuck-it-on, day-to-day scent to lift your mood.

I've recently pocketed a Sunflowers body lotion (sooo cheap - I'm not complaining, either Zocha!) & have enjoyed layering it with other fruity floral fragrances - it has the uncanny knack of mixing well & creating something unique.

To sum up: young, fresh, warm summer smile.

Zocha
Zocha

I like a couple of Arden's perfumes and this one used to be my signature perfume for a few years. Beautiful scent for hot days and excellent staying power. It is fresh and intense with this little kick of the base notes, very cheerful and interesting fragrance. How come such a good fragrance is so cheap! (not that I complain :D )

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

In spite of the association with florals, this is a special SEA fragrance, esspecially the northern seas like in Deauville or La Havre. When I used to wear it, people told me that I smell sea breeze.

falovalo
falovalo

To me, this an unusual but pleasant floral. It's a bit one of a kind, as you won't really smell any other perfumes that you will associate with it (at least in my experience). However, Bodycology carries a body spray and lotion that smells like it, I can't remember the name of it, but it has a sunflower on the packaging.

Spring25
Spring25

This is a nice medium floral scent. The fruit notes did not last long on me, but the middle and drydown persisted several hours. Cute packaging. It is not too overpowering or obtrusive, so I would think it would be OK for daytime use. The drydown is pleasantly woody. It reminds me of a sunny summer day and would probably be appropriate for outdoor functions such as picnics, barbeques, outdoor theater or even large church gatherings:)

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is one of my favorite other then paris hilton i get lot's of complements and meny people ask me what im wearing but i think elizabeth copied the shape of the bottle from the perfume named pheromone

Cherub573
Cherub573

I wore this fragrance in the 90's, when I was 14 or 15. It is a sunny floral. Not too flowery though, and kinda clean and fresh. It has great lasting power, and can be a bit strong if overapplied, but is otherwise largely inoffensive. I was obsessed with sunflowers back then, so this was my favorite perfume at that time.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Someone sprayed this on me at the mall a few years ago, and I couldn't get it out of my head. At the time, I was anti-strong perfume, and "Sunflowers" is VERY strong. However, as my sense of smell has matured, I have discovered I have an affinity for strong scents, especially if they persist on my skin, as I have trouble with perfumes just fading out. I gave "Sunflowers" a try again, and immediately recalled why this citrus-y, bright scent lingered in my memory. It is a happy, upbeat scent that if used sparingly can be a fun scent for daytime use.

mmsmlzgud546

To me it really has a sunflower essence to it. It is fresh, not heavy, and unique. I have never smelled a perfume similar to this one. It would be acceptable for a young girl or a mature woman. I like the osmanthus and jasmine, they combine beautifully. And the cedar in the drydown is so light, just right!

ct1980
ct1980

I got this for Christmas when I was about 14 years old and though I barely ever wear it alot of the people I have known for years would say it's my signature scent, I would definately say that this is not only for older people as I am still quite young, I think it is a very beautiful scent that you can wear all the time.

simo
simo

I owned it in the mid 90´s and really liked it! A few weeks ago I bought it again, it was on sale, but I had to learn, that it made me headaches and I felt very sick, so I had to wash it off immediately. I don´t know, what it is exactly, but there´s something in it I just can´t bear. It´s there from the beginning directly after spraying it on and it doesn´t go away. Just thinking of it makes me feeling a kind of sick right now.

MizDenise
MizDenise

I got this perfume about a decade ago when you could only get it at department stores. :-) I loved it, but grew tired of it over time. I go back to it on occation though because I get so many compliments when I wear it. I don't know much about perfume and how it goes along with our body chemistry, but it must love mine. I seem to get the most comments when I have it on!

Sensuos
Sensuos

My husband bought this parfume for my birthday and I must recognize that I tried it only once, because the firs sniff gave me a headake - very strong and acute! I must say that I am not verry found of the floral perfumes, I'd rather wear floral-woody-musk!
I read Your descriptions and ... I must try it again!
Urban Skies I liked your description verry much!

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

Cheerful, innocent, and pretty in a wholesome way. Reminds me of walking through a field of flowers on a sunny summer morning. Not at all seductive, unless you're trying to get a small-town pastor's son to marry you.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

well, i would not say that it is. it might not be soooo fancy like the ultra modern frgarances, but it is very optimistic and very yellow. and yellow is my favorite color.

i wear it when i want to cheer myself up with its sunflowery scent. and the most interesting thing is that there is no sunflower in it. :)

2007

Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden 2.97 out of 5 based on 1471 ratings and 244 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
SUNFLOWERS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
SUNFLOWERS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
drugstore.com
Sunflowers Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
SUNFLOWERS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
SUNFLOWERS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
Gift Set 3.3oz
Sunflowers Gift Set by Elizabeth Arden Gift Set for Women Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 Body Lotion 3.3 oz Body Cream
SUNFLOWERS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 3.3 OZ CREAM CLEANSER 3.3 OZ
Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Perfumed Body Lotion 100ml 3.3oz 2pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.