Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

True Love Elizabeth Arden for women

True Love Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

True Love Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures True Love Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

True Love by Elizabeth Arden is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. True Love was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman. Top notes are apricot, green notes, freesia and peach; middle notes are iris, orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, vanilla and cedar.

Apricot Green Notes Freesia Peach

iris Orris Root Jasmine Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Vanilla Cedar

White Satin

True Love Fragrance Reviews

Justabug
Justabug

I love True Love EDT for everyday and the times I want to wear a polite, understated perfume perfect for spring or summer days. It probably will not overcome you with olfactory rapture, amaze you with the ingenuity of its original composition, or linger hauntingly in his memory forever. It is just a light peachy rose that quickly dries down to a warm whisper of the base notes. It is excellent for what it is, an affordable, pretty, feminine, unpretentious "nice' scent. (Well, maybe the wedding bit is a little pretentious for this one. True Love is more everyday wedded contentment than the high romance of a wedding.) It also goes perfectly with any of the floral soaps I got at TJ MAXX--the Savon Vegetal ones that are gift wrapped and have a ladybug on the ribbon--and also layers well with many fragrances.

KJS88
KJS88

True Love is one of those perfectly competant, nice, quality smelling cheapies that you don't always smell on others, yet you just "know it from someone or somewhere." Powdery, sweet, rosy, but never really harsh or in your face, but not necessarily natural smelling either.

It is often said that just for the body's natural processes, life as a woman is a lot harder than life as man. I wouldn't disagree, but here's something women have over men: you can go out and buy very decent perfumes and clothes that do not break the bank and you still look and smell a million bucks in the eyes of us men, and this perfume is the perfect example of that.

tracy.debloistalley
tracy.debloistalley

Oriental florals are most of my favorite fragrances and this I wore for close to ten years. I LOVE it. It’s a perfect balance of floral and spice. This comes off on some people powdery I noticed but it has not done this on my own chemistry.
Top notes to this are apricot, green notes, freesia, and peaches. These top notes typically don’t show up on me in any fragrance much and this was no exception. Middle notes are iris, orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley, and rose. The rose and heliotrope are what I notice the most on me. I also notice the orris some but it’s not intense. Base notes are sandalwood, amber, vanilla, and cedar. I smell the woodsy notes as it dries down and I am in heaven with the rose and wood scent left.

alyunie
alyunie

Oddly on me I smell strongly of cold pears and roses, the rose is more of a weak shadow. It remains this way from start to finish. Lasting 5hrs. projection is moderate. Its very fruity and fresh. To me its more of a Bath and Body shower mist scent....you know those fruity ones.. or even Victoria's secret pear body mist. Just rounder... less alcohol

Bublegum
Bublegum

In the begining I was like: wow, what a great perfume. I could immediately smell of roses. Unfortunately, after a while I still could smell roses but plastic ones. Comparing it to Tommy Girl (Cologne) the roses are plastic and not fresh. (I mean the way you perceive them). For me the whole 3 hours that this perfume lasted I could only smell of these plastic flowers, so in the end I got kind of bored. I had to smell so much roses from the old English Rose time. But at least the smell wasn't bad. It is a nice perfume for a spring morning, maybe for a picnic. Nothing fancy though. But if you are a rose lover I guess you will love this one. Unfortunately on me, the perfume stayed kind of flat, so I didn't have the chance to smell the powder and the old lipstick.

SillySue
SillySue

A powdery sensation!
I love the smell of old school lipstick, powder-puffs and makeup bags and have been looking for a fragrance that can capture this, wanting it to be somewhat retro without overdoing it. I have a sample of FM Lipstick Rose, which has been my holy grail of makeup scented perfume but have been searching for a budget alternative. I tried the Ombre Rose after seeing it was being compared to the Lipstick Rose but sadly that one failed miserably on my skin so I ended up swapping it.
Enter True Love. It is indeed just that. A True Love....of mine at least ;) It is the perfect powdery, slightly vintage, pink, fluffy, lipsticky fragrance.
I think I've found excatly what I was looking for. A true modern classic.

yvankraft
yvankraft

This is an American perfume that smells like a sophisticated and classic French perfume. For me it is floral aldehydic. More: it's a very successful attempt to be a modern Chanel Nr 5. Very well done. Warm and romantic. I don't understand the negative comments about this jewel.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

I just came in from gardening in the hot Cali sun and decided to treat myself with my latest very cheap thrill from TJMaxx. I understand nil3's complaint of stinging, as my left arm was scratched up from grass and stung upon first application of True Love. This passed, and I inhaled after a minute and was immersed in a rich delectable floral cloud.
I have very eclectic tastes in fragrance; I enjoyed the 80's and many of the classic fragrances others perceive as too strong. But I love indulging my relaxed side, and this very pretty scent is just the ticket. The top notes are dense and well blended, with the rose and peach dominating and the lotv rising to the top as the highest and sweetest note; then in decreasing waves as the top notes wane. Heliotrope seems to be detectable throughout, but then I am very sensitive to that note as too much makes me gag.
I get no soapiness, which is something I dislike in a fragrance. This is an EDT, and fairly strong since it's lasting well on my skin, 2-3 hours tops. The middle notes are more delicate with the ethereal quality I always associate with Iris. I used to make my own potpourri, and I remember well the smell of orris root and I'm glad it's not heavy here. The tart apricot is blended so that I barely can pick it out;
I get no vanilla at all.
The jasmine is thankfully just part of the base. It's one of my least favorite floral notes as I feel it's overused by perfumers to cover a botched fragrance. By the time I get to the base notes, this is definitely just a skin scent. This is a good one to wear around people as I think it is a "kind' fragrance; just my impression. Though I disagree that it smells like Loves Baby Soft, I agree that it is delicate and reminiscent of babies and innocence. For such a cheap fragrance at 12.99 for 3.3.oz, IMHO I think this is one heck of a bargain and definitely a keeper.

Englishrose4

To SzekelyEmoke, the bottle nozzle is a little cheap looking / feeling but once the lid is on it looks quite understated.

I don't know where you are but in the uk you can get 100ml for £10 and it looks exactley like the one at the top of this page, so I guess the compromise is with the bottle because the scent smells more expensive to me.

I don't get alcohol burn either, sorry that you did Nil3.

XX

Nil3
Nil3

I had to exchange this one because it literally burned on my skin. Nothing else to add.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

I'm thinking of buying this or not...I like the reviews, but the bottle looks cheap, just like the Green Tea line. The bottle in the first picture it is lovely, wish they sold it in that one!

Englishrose4

This smells a lot more expensive then it is very feminine and pretty without being overbearing or cloying, but it doesn't last that well.

I don't get the old fashioned comments at all, I'm 30 and dislike the old lady powder smell, there is nothing old and dusty here just understated class.

I keep myself stocked for those situations when you need a perfume you don't have to think about, I can reach for this without worrying if it's fitting for the occasion.

Also agree with AbbeyRd68, I also use it as a bedtime scent!

I get light roses, supported by lilys and apricots with a lovely dry down of sandalwood which reminds me of babies for some reason, gorgeous!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I struggle to see how anyone can knock this, gorgeous, light, powdery floral scent. Projects very well and lasts better then many higher priced fragrances. I bought it as I live most of Arden's products, they make quality which is well priced. This is an inexpensive treaties

ginadantas
ginadantas

I bought a bottle, excellent price. It arrived home today. Roses, peach and apricot are the intense notes on my skin, specially roses. I would say fresh white roses, as if their petals were macerated under your nose . Romantic fragrance. Lovely. I can also smell Lilly of Valley and that´s all. All the remaining notes mentioned at the pyramid do not exist in my opinium.

jake.shouse

wonderful perfume its can last somehwhat on ur shirt maybe a hour after 15 sprays this is the weakest perfume I have ever loved and tried wearng for yrs but im gonna not rebuy their are stronger and better perfumes with real staying power.... I will move on... I hate that it is too light since this one I really love but I a over it.... It holds on my aunt more just not on me... Sad that I am moving on but I prefer my heavy hitters... But for those who like ultra light scents this is the lightest ever ou of thousands I have tried and worn go for it.... Its truly lovely....

Sherihan
Sherihan

I have a perfume that reminds me of this, it's Diamonds and Rubies

Yohji
Yohji

Now that is what you call “innocence”

As vintage as it could be bottle design and the most dry quality iris-powder. Rose-powder, apricot-powder, sandal-powder and cedar-powder. Such a womanity in this fragrance – these flacons belong to the special time when grandmothers are telling to granddaughters the story of their first love

When I smelled it for first time..the picture from the movie “The Notebook” came to my mind. And young bright laughing Rachel McAdams jumping among waves in the sea shouting to her Noah: “I Am a Bird!!!! I Am a bird!! Tell me that I Am a bird!”
First love it is.
If you can not sleep – it will wrap you tenderly and make you dreamy and sleepy, if you forgot how naïve and pure you was – it will remind you, if you feel dirty and tired – it will purify you.
Another side of Sophia Grojsman to me...

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

EXTREMELY delicate fragrance. Makes me think of a freshly bathed baby's smell. Perfect for a bedtime scent. Would be a perfect perfume for someone who likes very quiet unassuming scents, and loves (not likes) the smell of baby powder. I am surprised at how little rose I smell since that is what other reviewers list as the most predominant note. This is all fresh powder for me. No alcohol stink. Very well blended. Makes me think of shabby chic decor, white linens, long flowing dresses, pastel colors, bunnies. I am cracking myself while I write this, but its true! Really evokes a feeling of spring, Easter time....baby ducks. Haha!
I really like this. I find it beautiful and soft. I can see how this could very easily be an every day scent, but can also see how some would think this is too boring to bother with. Clean, fresh, green, powder. Don't have high hopes for longevity on this one though. Edit~ Just as I thought. Maybe 30 minutes on my skin, a couple hours on my clothes.

jake.shouse

This does not by any means smell cheap this smells more costly than any of Arden's scents.... This out does Red Door by far. This smells like a 80 dollars perfume and that's a fact people who think this smells cheap LOL Sure believe whatever but this smells very costly... Smells amazing....

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

I actually thought this was by Revlon. By all means, DO NOT SPRAY MUCH! It's a strong powdery fragrance that takes me back to the 90's. You could definitely offend people by putting too much of this on - but it's so popular, even with a little bit everyone's going to know you're wearing a $12 perfume.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers ,

I agree with Kaejuntun's interpretation of this lovely fragrance of True Love for I too have imagine and felt the same things when I have tried this perfume so I wont repeat what Kaejuntun's words in any shape, but I will leave half of my review.

I'm going by my own collective memories of this perfume when it came out in the 90's , since I been sniffing and reading that there's been a wave of reformulations ,so im going by my past with True Love.

I remember trying this and it 's a beautiful perfume and a good buy for rose lovers since the rose scent is very dominant and from Fragrantica's ingredient information on the notes that went in to this fragrance I can see how they will compliment and bring about its rose spirit more adding to it sweeter notes for more power.

I enjoyed it a lot on my skin since I enjoy roses and grow my own roses , but I never bought it since then and now its very popular which makes it hard for me to obtain it but maybe someday I will find 1 last bottle and have it for me because it is a lovely spirit to have around and a good buy and gift for those who appreciate roses and who enjoy the beauty of the serene feminine .

suhaesa
suhaesa

a bright.. clean.. light ..floral.. powdery.. connotation of happy.. sophisticated(almost)..elegant..crisp..dry..white..astringent..alcoholic..soapy..fresh..and true..
fit for morning use...a lady like perfume.. without being very sexy ..but subtly feminine..i imagine a new mommy ..using it after giving birth..a nurse using it.. for its not so offensive to patients...(hopefully)..
the floral part is subtle..powdery..light white musky...
a safe blind buy.. although i would never blind buy any perfume impo..a safe everyday perfume..that just gives you the right amount of freshness.. confidence.. and a light trail of sensualness.. in an innocent.. ..clean way...everyone around will definitely be happy smelling this ..awaroa of bright.. lite.. light..it has a halo of the lightest most subtle florals...rosy...but not the deep velvety rose..here its a bright.. crisp.. almost there rose ..not so in your face.. but just enough to make it happy.. and sing melodies of true love...
an early morning.. dewy.. beginning for a day ..any day ..even for a walk at the beach.. or to jog in.. or simply after a shower ..to just stay home in ..or go to work in ..so its really versatile..a perfect gift for mothers day..not too special as a unique perfume though.. but surely special as an everyday perfume ..a perfume that everyone around you will appreciate without a doubt...its an uplifting perfume..that intitally makes you go ahhhh!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I have to say, even after reading all of the reviews, I did not expect True Love to smell like it does.

This fragrance brings to mind a young woman, perhaps newly married, idealistic, maybe a bit naive. This isn't a special occasion perfume and is best suited for the day to day. Rather than, say, being suited for a wedding (one of the grandest expressions of love), True Love emulates the mother snuggling her young children, reading a book before bed; it is the smell her partner recognizes as hers without really knowing the name; it is the essence that trails around the house as she goes about her business. It is the scent that she will wear for the rest of her life.

I guess what I am getting at is that True Love brings to mind all things that are traditional - this isn't an "I am woman, hear me roar" kind of fragrance. That's not to say that the woman that wears True Love is a wallflower, or oppressed. She is content with the life she has chosen, she is happy and sweet, ever the optimist. She knows who she is, and even as she settles into the familiar day to day routine, she never forgets it. This is an ageless perfume, appropriate for any age.

True Love is a classic sort of smell, one that is timeless and ageless - I suppose, it is everything that one would hope True Love would be.

njyogachick
njyogachick

I thought True Love smelled awfully similar to Lagerfeld's Sun Moon Stars* (SMS). Turns out, the Sophia Grojsman is the nose behind the two scents.

True Love is nowhere as polarizing as SMS. The opening notes of peach & vanilla are quite nice and the dry-down to heliotrope/vanilla is a little too soft for my taste. This is a good fragrance for those who like their scents sweet & subtle. Nothing special, but not bad.

*I also reviewed SMS a few years ago.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

True Love...what a poetic name for a perfume. I'm such a cynic. I'll roll my eyes admitting I wear this simply because of the name. But I always say we don't wear the label or the name, we wear the fragrance. I can't let it influence me.
True Love is a powdery floral reminiscent of roses that are sweet and would not offend a baby. It's gentle, clean with a woodsy hint of spices, with a hint of vanilla, similar to Love's Baby Soft. It's sillage is soft and it lasts as long as I want it to. In other words, a few sprays will last a few hours. It's not earth-shattering or ground-breaking, but not all fragrances need to be. At times, softness and quietness is needed.
At times, I need a scent so quiet, unassuming and soft that only I know it's there.
There could be many reasons. One could be under the weather, one could be visiting someone who cannot experience strong scents, or if you are going to be in a tight area, this is a good choice.
True Love also reminds me of babies, in a good way. It's a good choice to wear around very little ones if need be. This just fits the bill for a perfume lover that always wants to wear something but at times is limited in their choices.
I love perfume and always have. My daughter, on the other hand, wears two and owns only those two. (How could I have raised this anomaly?) When I visit her, she sniffs me and makes her usual pronouncement. "What is that you're wearing today?" And I tell her, and she harrumphs.
As a matter of fact, I'm going to be a grandmother soon, and I've been told I cannot wear my perfumes around my grandbaby. (Sad, but true.) I've told her that I've already got that covered. She looked at me and asked how that could be possible. With a smile, I told her she'll find out when the time comes.
I knew without a doubt I would never go perfume-less. (The horrors!) And I know she will swoop in and smell me to check. (Like a hawk.) And when that day arrives, I'll either be wearing True Love or Love's Baby Soft, because both remind me of a baby's fresh skin, the delicate aroma of a freshly powdered infant, which will be my first grandchild. And that will sincerely be True Love for me. Seeing and holding my first grandbaby.

ebishop24
ebishop24

Nicer than I expected!
I bought this some time ago, as it was at a very discounted price, and worth taking a risk on.
I'm not usually a fan of soft powdery floral fragrances, and to be honest ended up using it more as a room and linen scent, but it truly is as described.
Very inoffensive and suitable for younger audiences as well, just not my personal taste.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is surprisingly nice, I was expecting sweet overload with rose and peach, but I mainly get a soft, sweetly green lily-of-the-valley, a lot like an older version of Diorissimo actually. The kind with the really nice lily of the valley that has some depth and almost a honeyed feeling to it, not the screechy floor-cleaner kind that seems to be more popular recently.

Overall it's very delicate, mainly a soft floral with a little bit of a powder/lotion quality and a hint of rose. It feels a little too prim and dainty for me to actually wear, it feels like something you'd wear to a garden party on Downton Abbey, but I'm sure it would be great for someone, it is really pretty and gentle.

abbeyroad68
abbeyroad68

This is my bedtime scent as it refreshes my bedding in the most delightful way. I wear it after bathing and before going to bed. It's got the right notes for relaxing with my "True Love". :)

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

It goes to show you the difference body chemistry can make. I tried some of this at a friend's house. On her, it melts right in with her skin and is an amazing peachy rosy scent. On me, it smells (and feels) like candle wax. I'm not certain which note or combination of notes caused this, but it just didn't work for me. So, I'll just admire it from afar.

Aeris
Aeris

I like this, but am not "in love" with it. According to the notes and marketing angle, this had potential to become a signature fragrance for me. That and the fact that it is said to resemble my beloved Chloe Love perfume. I LOVE romantic perfumes. But alas, "True Love" has a slight artificial, chemically smell I just can't overlook. I just wish this could be remade with higher quality ingredients. It's not bad though, and it was only $7 for an ounce at Marshalls, so no regrets buying it.
Update: I ended up throwing it out. With so many great perfumes in my rotation, I can live with the $7 loss of this one.

nessmcgregor
nessmcgregor

My first love bought me this perfume for Christmas afew years back. He didn't buy it for the smell.. He thought the name was appropriate for our relationship (Cheesy, yes).

I haven't worn it since we split, as I just don't have the heart yet.. However, not much of a loss, as the smell didn't really do it for me... When I excitedly sprayed it for the first time, I immediately lost the enthusiasm I get with a new fragrance. Had to put on my most impressive fake smile & act as though I adored it. What can I say, it's too powdery. Very plain. Not one I went out of my way to use. Better suited for a shy woman back in the 60's.

mignonnie
mignonnie

Wow... different as I know... for I always know what I get, for I get what I want, although it is not what I know, for it was a blind buy, according to others, who think a blind buy is that I do others suggestions follow as may suit me, for I think it always suits me what I buy, although others think that I am picky, where I am picky BEFORE I buy, not when I buy, for I love what I buy, for it IS...

What's the scent like?... Powdery, balmy, creamy... do I get a hint of chocolate on my skin?... No, wait! It is marzipan! Amazing... Mmm... soft, friendly, lovely... like!

Sillage is not what I am interested in when wearing a perfume, although to others it matters for they want to impress others, where I want to impress myself for I am ME!

Longevity... well, I can still smell it after nearly 4 hours, which is now... mmm, yummie, what a smell... sweet, comforting, like I am cuddled by a soft blanket that surrounds me, like a hug from my boyfriend... like: true love! Indeed!

And much more affordable than Love Chloe, indeed. It may resemble L'eau en Blanc from Lolita Lempicka also. Although I think that every flavour has its own scent, may love you all as it IS.

UPDATE: I wore it for hours, like others think, where I think it lingers 12 hours at a stretch without notice what others think should, for I wear it myself, as others think should, for I spray my armpits, where it stays warm, and develops the scent that I smell all day: me, where others think it's perfume where it's mixed with other ingredients you all know well, so that a perfume is a signature, although it's not my signature perfume!

P.S. There's no need to use deodorant when you spray armpits with perfume, for the preservatives prevent bacteria growth, so that you smell well all day. Superb! Not cheap, I admit, but effective and well worth sniffing!

love45
love45

This is soapy, and soft! It is a clean rosy scent and really romantic. The silage and longevity are both average! My boss brought it in to work because I told her how much I love perfumes! She decided to keep it at work whenever I need it lol. But I am going to get one for myself soon! Definitely worth a try!

simpledlte
simpledlte

Soft Sweet and powdery shame it does not last long on the skin and as far as sillage.... none

pipergirl
pipergirl

I approach rose scents rather timidly (I've had rose scented fragrances turn on my skin in the past) but oh this one is pretty - a clean, light, lotion-y rose. Not too strong. A little bit powdery but not too powdery...just gentle and romantic, nice and wearable. I like it, only wish it lasted a little longer. But for this price, I'll respray without regret.

Renata tang
Renata tang

This is not what i want to find, kind of heavy mature lady. Anna sui it is !!! old fashioned face powder smell!!

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I love this perfume - these days more for the nostalgia than the smell (which I enjoy too!). My Mum bought me a bottle of this for my 14th birthday...and I've never been without it since then (luckily it's inexpensive these days). It's very feminine, very floral...and while it is quite powdery, it's also nice and light. Easily wearable right throughout the year, to me this perfume really isn't dependent on what season it is. As a kid I went gaga over this perfume and thought it was the nicest thing I'd ever smelled. As an adult, it's definitely not my favourite...but I still enjoy the smell and it always takes me back when I have it on :)

cassiopeia09
cassiopeia09

I've always hated True Love when I was growing up. My mom wore it every day and it was strong, cloying, and when we were traveling, it made me carsick. I remember my mom spraying it on and it immediately turns sour on her skin. I don't know if she noticed or if anybody told her. She bought one bottle after the other.

Fast forward to 2013. I am now 21. My mom has had her unused bottle sitting on my perfume shrine (yes I love perfumes that much) for 2 years now. I was curious. Why doesn't she use this anymore? Did she get tired of it? Did she forget about it? I sprayed it on my forearm. I waited for a minute before sniffing it in case it made me nauseous. So luxurious! It was a soft, powdery, innocent rose, a million times different from what I remembered years ago. Maybe it's my chemistry, maybe they changed the formulation. I'm not really sure. But I love this one now. It's perfect for me. I think I'm stealing this from my mom.

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

This perfume is my entire family's most favorite one..Clean, powdery, very feminine and never overwhelming..We love it..I always seek to find one and when I do, I stock up..I've been only finding the small sizes lately but just found the biggest size the other day and purchased them for my mom and sister..We don't feel the synthetics so much in this..kind of reminds us the Nina that is long gone..fresh, clean..love

jake.shouse

I love this scent but it doesnt hold but it still last somewhat if you spray 5 or 6 sprays will always have this in my collection I love TL!

dness92
dness92

So feminine! Rosy, powdery, floral...Beautiful blend, soft, innocent! And to me the packaging is so classy :) Not an expensive scent yet it has so much to offer.

It reminds me of the times when I was a little girl and my nan would take me to the church in the mornings (usually in May, when apple trees look all white and nature is preparing itself to bloom) and she would put her white clip ons on and her lipstick and powder. She smelled very similar to this perfume - just so elegant :) I really love it.

joliecat
joliecat

This perfume arrived here this week and I was so looking forward to a soft subtle floral scent. But I'm VERY disappointed because this 100ml bottle ONLY offers chemical, synthetic fumes. Florals are fleeting, as if not here at all, and the syntheic peach is overpowering all the other notes.

I tried to give True Love a good test. Disappointed by the initial spray, I didn't scrub it off. Instead, I wore it for a whole day, 10 hours, to see if the pretty fragrance described in these positive reviews would finally appear. Unfortunately, all I got was odd synthetic chemical peach, and none of the other notes. Occaisionally, about once every 2 hours, a soft rose would appear in a fleeting puff for a split second, then disappear. There were no powdery notes here, nothing else but the subtle everlasting synthetic peach note.

Wondering now if it's the current reformulation that has destroyed the fragrance, or if it just doesn't suit my chemistry ? Did the juice in this bottle go bad ? Seeing other reviewers here experiencing the same disappointment, I tend to believe that this 100ml bottle is the result of a very bad reformulation. What a shame.

aoviatt
aoviatt

Soft and romantic. Men LOOOOVE it. I get compliments, or looks from men whenever I wear it. I'm 42 and typically prefer darker more sophisticated scents, but some days I wake up, and feel quieter, sweeter, something... and then I reach for my true romance. If I were that woman, I would wear it while wearing my ruffly white robe with crocheted cuffs and collar, while "taking my breakfast" on the patio of my country manor, and watching the stable boy work the horses. Of course, I have none of that, but a girl can dream right?

tei
tei

bought this online and deeply regretting it....smells like a very bad cheap men's perfume...now it's just sitting on my dresser. all 100ml of it maybe i'll like it years from now, hopefully

polkadotcat
polkadotcat

As many others I blind bought it. In my country is hard to find, I had to buy it on-line, it was incredibly cheap(under 10$ for 30ml). So, one of reviews said this was a perfume for those who didn't want to smell any perfume. That's it. This simple and in the same time complicated fragrance has so many inetrpreteations and associations. Most I love thoughts and daydreams it gave to me than a frangrance itself. It's definetely suggested to be a bit old-fashioned(not vintage, it's completely different thing). It reminds about the youth, when it seemed to us we had a plenty of time, and all the dreams would come true, about first romantic books read before going to bed(I just finished reading "Charlotte sometimes", heroines would have had "TRue love" if they'd had lived know), about truly friendship, about talks to mum while having morning tea, about walks after home after classes, the easy magic of existence... It smells like a well-made soap(some shower clean, as written here above), powder, handcream, as if you are in your bathroom- so personal and peaceful. It can be bought on Saturday shopping, not specially as other perfumes, because it's so homely. It might be associated with a girl next door two or three yrs older than you, who bought it for her saved up pocket money or got as a present from the friend of hers.
And if to speak about love, it must be the first love, never forgotten and kept deep inside in the heart. Two rings may reveal thoughts about the wedding- that's definetely not a modern wedding, it's wedding of 70s-80s with a very simple white dress and lots of tender flowers.
I wear my "True love" very seldom and never outside. Too private. Intimately. I wear it when I'm all alone in my house(I'm an introvert and like to be sometimes all alone and dream, think, read)in sunny afternoons mostly. The best use is after shower, I spray it over the body powder Lush "Underwear", I have some jewelries strongly associated with this fragrances and wear 'em. It gives me an inspiration to create retro sets with flowers and retro cards.
What nonsense I wrote here! But I love rhis perfume!

Pasaka
Pasaka

mmm that perfect combination of sweet peach and rose. I like everything in this smell : fruits, flowers, base notes of sandalwood and cedar which adds longer staying power and spiciness to the whole combination. I agree with previous comments that this smell would be perfect for a young woman/girl.

gabygol
gabygol

I think it suits young girls. I used it when I was 20. They don't sell it in Mexico anymore but I'd love to find it. I know it will not fit me anymore but...just for the nostalgia!

Eriu
Eriu

Lovely! I got it as a gift and I like it. I just don't love it.

Very fresh and nice. On my skin I can smell Heliotrope, Lily-of-the-valley, vanilla, peach, amber and sandalwood most. Great every-day-scent. Perfect for spring/summertime.

Fräsch och trevlig. På min hud så känner jag mest Heliotrop, Liljekonvalj, Vanilj, Persika, Amber och Sandelträ. Superb varje-dag-doft. Perfekt för vår/sommar.

mhubbard
mhubbard

This one is reminiscent of innocent romance. Think of Sweet Honesty and Love's baby Soft. It is a simple floral that sits close to the skin with limited longevity. Can be worn anywhere as it makes no statement. I purchased a 50 ml bottle some many years ago that must still be somewhere around the house as I only wore it a few times.There are so many more interesting fragrances out there, it would seem this one is best for a young teen.

chicrose
chicrose

romantic perfume, smells like a sweet soft rose

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Every once in a while, I take leave of my senses and buy a floral in the vain hope that “this one” will work on me. I am cursed with the chemistry that seems to turn every floral into something sour and bitter. But the notes and the affectionate descriptions of this one seemed to make its $8 price tag worth the minor risk….

A sniff of the cap was promising—rosy white florals with a powdery twist, but it started out nasty on my skin, like most florals do on me; bitter, sharp, with some kind of musty undertone. I was on my way to work with no option to scrub, so I waited it out….hoping…..

The powder came through loud and clear as it dried down. So did some rosy-floral notes that wafted up, probably from my clothing. The musty-dusty-powdery note is all that I get from my wrist; not horrible, but not really pleasant either.

Into the bin for swapping….anyone in love with True Love?

nastyamason
nastyamason

True Love was on my wishlist for awhile. I was about to buy this in TJMaxx when I discovered an opened box there and decided to give it a try. It was okay, but there are plenty floral perfumes that are better, even inexpensive ones. I put it back and purchased something else.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Just received it, and I love it! It's a clean, tender smell of rose, with just a touch of heliotrope and peach. After a while, it becomes a powdery fragrance, a little soapy, a little old-fashionated, but in a sooooo graceful and confortable way. The lasting power is really good! It makes me feel confident, sweet, romantic and so..truly in love :)

nightcat23
nightcat23

This may sound weird, but to me, True Love reminds me of the smell of a fancy hotel room after it's just been cleaned.

I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just an odd kind of scent to me. Given the listed notes I would never have guessed that it would smell the way it does.

To me it smells kind of synthetic and a little chemical-ish.

Saying all this though, I actually like it. But I think it's definitely one of these perfumes that changes and smells differently on different people and evolves depending on body chemistry.

Bottle and concept look nice and classy as well.

pomdgf
pomdgf

For my nose, this is a rosy perfume. A dry rose mix with fresh rose and other white flowers. Truly sweet that bring back a good momories when I was young. Have plan to buy it again. A great one.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Had the Perfume back in 1998 my ec boyfriend from the military purchased the biggest bottle on base...Went shopping today and found it and purchased again a small 1 oz and so glad I did... it is the EDT instead of purfume and it smells wonderful..It flowery and reminds me of the italian talcs like the fragrance of rose and penoy...if your a flora girl then this one you will not upset you to purchase...glad I found it today...

a very lady like perfume. a mix of all thats good in the floral world and as a plus.. no gardenia or tuberose. earthy, floral, soapy and most of all.. feminine. long lasting- up to almost 6 hours and after dry down... not over powering. a very versatile fragrance that can be used for many different occasions. very nice.

IamWoman
IamWoman

According to some of these reviews, True Love is a real "take it or leave it" type of fragrance. I'm guessing, as with all fragrances, it really must agree with one's chemistry. For me, I find True Love to be a very gentle fragrance, powdery and warm, yet clear and softly floral. It is complex, yet minimalist. It's not "sexy", but it is quietly pretty. The rose and aqautic elements give it an almost nostalgic touch, and the sandalwood and vanilla really smooth out the drydown. This fragrance reminds me of sitting of a windowseat, with a hot cup of my favorite tea nearby, reading a good book while it's cold and rainy outside. To me, True Love has a mellow, almost soothing effect. It's not loud. It's not glamorous. It's not sexy. But, it is feminine, and given its price, it makes a good casual or everyday fragrance.

dinariok
dinariok

Blind buy. Pretty but not to fall in love with. My husband likes it much more then I. It reminds him Halloween by Jesus del Pozo which he adores on me. So, will be wearing True Love for him :) Everything for you darling!

emiana

It's similar a soap for washing hands...

tluneau
tluneau

Oh, how I love this perfume! I received one evening when I had pneumonia and was feeling sorry for myself, and I told my husband that I really needed a present. I think True Love had received good reviews in Victoria magazine, and when I showed him that, he went to the mall and came back with one of each, it seemed: the perfume, the bath powder, and the lotion! That was when True Love first came out, and I love it just as much now as I did then.

Apparently, there is something about the chemistry between my skin and True Love that makes the roses note come out very strongly. Every time I wear True Love, someone in the room always says, "I smell roses!"

This is definitely one of my all-time favorites.

caseyu
caseyu

the only perfume i have ever paid hardley anything for (at TJ Maxx) and actually returned! wow. need i say more?

akia vida
akia vida

I agree with jellybean, it's a "Fresh, shower clean, powdery floral. So gentle and simply wonderful".

I was surprised that I love this one beacause I too, as some had with this EA fume, had a similar bad reaction with my first EA perfume, Splendor: headache and what not...
Although I do not hate Splendor, actually I quite like the smell when my sister wears it: no headache what so ever as long as Splendor is not on my skin (Splendor and I do not agree). Because I thought Splendor smells really good on my sister I decided to try some other EA perfumes. If I didn't like them my sis could take them, so I blind bought a few of them.

Wow what a surprise... what an amazing smell True love produces on my skin! Clean, soft powdery, slightly soapy (in a good way). IMO it's a wonderful all day perfume.

I don't have a sophisticated nose when it comes down to discovering all the notes that are in a perfume but I do detect florals (esp. rose) and soft sandelwood.

On my skin (and clothing) it has a good 7+ hours staying power. I spray it on in the mornings and I still smell it late afternoon/early evening.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This one gave me a bad headache. Too many sharp, sour flowers mixed with and a strange smell of cigarette ashes and vinyl (plastic). I get the exact same cigarett stench from Cerruti 1881, don`t know what causes this?

The only good thing was the low price and the pretty bottle.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

I have this one for quite a while and haven't been able to finish it. I don't hate it, but is not my first choice when going to pick the perfume of the day either. At first, it's all about flowers with a hint of fruitiness. After it dries, you are left with a powdery, musky scent similar to soap, which makes it perfect for day ware. Maybe that's the reason why I haven't been able to finish it...don't like my perfumes with this soapy smell. On the + side, it's really affordable.

Migalex
Migalex

I do like this one very much. It is very reminiscent of several other Sophia Grojman fragrances. It is like a mixture of Tresor and Paris, but stronger, and I do like it better than Tresor, although maybe not better than Paris. It is also between Paris and Diamonds and Rubies. It is actually very similar to Diamonds and Rubies, and both are equally strong, but D&R is much sweeter, smells to me too much of peach and spices candy, although I also like it, not as much as True Love. I find True Love much better balanced, do actually find it an exceptionally good scent, strong, and with good sillage and staying power. It is one of the scents I like sniffing directly off the skin just for the pleasure of it. To me it smells very much of rose and natural almonds (must be the heliotrope), at the same time but one can sense the two scents distinctly. The almond scent is not the to me sickeningly sweet vanilla and almond scent I find in lots of other fragrances very fashionable these days. True Love is different. Beyond that, it has a very well balanced mixture of fruity, white floral,freesia and vanilla sweetness and green,rose and sandalwood/amber sourness. It does smell very complex. Very special scent. The dry down has a twist to me reminiscent of the one I find in Samsara (jasmine, sandalwood and amber), although much softer - In Samsara that twist is much more pronounced, acrid and sharper. I find True Love voluptuous in a way I do not think of many other scents, not even fragrances like Rumba, because I do not mean sexy, but rather sensitive richness and tortuousness. As I said it also reminds me a bit of Paris, it is like having several remarkable perfumes in a single one. I actually think it is my favourite Sophia Grosjman's scent, despite being much cheaper than many other ones. I am not sure but I think I like it even better than Paris and White Linen. I leave it short of saying that I find it a masterpiece. Maybe I do. The name is also nice, and so are the bottle and the perfume colour.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Fresh, shower clean, powdery floral. So gentle and simply wonderful. I can pick up on all the amazing floral notes: lily of the valley, iris, heliotrope; then some peach and sandalwood. Great combo. Price even better:)
This can be worn anytime. Moderate silage, up to 4 hours.It has that brand new smell. And yes, it does smell like my makeup container, and also dries down to that lotion-like scent. Thank you to all the wonderful reviewers-the reason I purchased it and I'm glad I read your reviews. that are right on.
Definitely my cup of tea:)

angela.carpenter
angela.carpenter

My first spray was gross...I don't know what I was smelling. Perhaps the bottle had been sitting and some stink had settled to the bottom? :) After that I tried it again and it is really quite lovely in an old fashioned way...powdery, floral, soft. My husband liked it so that is saying something AND I am very sensitive to smells and this one didn't get to me. I like it overall.

hannie5
hannie5

I love this scent! It's such a strong, sweet floral with a powdery edge. I think it's one of Elizabeth Arden's best fragrances and oh so romantic.

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

I find it to be a feminine, soft, flowery, powdery, yet clean scent. Something in it reminds me of lotion or almost a makeup smell, (foundation or powder)... I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. It's a nice daily wear scent. It would be good for a casual office or a business environment. As well as it would be good for out shopping etc... It's not too strong, it's not too sweet. I don't think it would be offensive to anyone.

DanielleWang
DanielleWang

It's a strong and classic smell,and really last long.

It smells like a soap..

rosembloom
rosembloom

I actually love that soft, feminine, suavely fruity scent that leaves a beautiful sillage behind and gets many compliments. I guess it's all a question of skin chemistry but on me this lovely smells delicious. It starts off with a mouthwatering fruit and white flowers, it mellows down to a warm yet fresh floral where I smell mostly lily-of-the-valley. Then blooms that rose, pink and sweet which reminds one of soap or cosmetics. The drydown remains tender but gets bolder as the amber, vanilla and woodsy notes appear. I am so enjoying this one right now... It has amazing staying power on me and that powdery note, so faint and delicate leaves a vanilla icing-sugar trail that i love!

lapurrla
lapurrla

Tested this on Mum at a second-hand shop and immediately thought oh dear. So floral and so non-descript. The full 100 ml bottle was only $4.00 and they couldn't have given it to me. I said Mum it's pretty, you know, nice, pretty.., (Mum can't smell) but no, I think it's a mean, bland and chemical floral smell. Grown women may well like this but to me it's for young girls if anyone at all. It's not a terrible smell, just absolutely uninspiring. One of those florals I imagine putting some people off florals for life. There are so many beautiful, superior florals to True Love and they don't all cost a fortune. And oriental? Just my opinions, you can hate my faves. Beauty remains the only Arden I can enjoy.

salihah

after reding the reviews i decided to blind buy when i opened it i hated the smell and got a refund

emecee
emecee

This is the only perfume that I wear. I adore this scent. So happy that I can again buy it. Without fail when I go somewhere, dr.s office, restaurant, you name it, someone always asks me what I am wearing and say that they love the smell, Its usually described as soft, feminine, flowery. I can't believe that anyone would dislike this scent. But I firmly believe that one's own chemistry determines how well a perfume smells on a person.

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

Oldschool powdery scent. Feels like peaches in champagne to my nose. Pretty, but staying power is poor. Not the best by Sophia Grojsman!
But I like it. True Love is good for everyday use.

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

I love this scent, its roses roses roses.. lovely scent on me and lingers for hours.

LenaBrasil
LenaBrasil

I like it. It's very floral, but sometimes I get the smell of powder out of it. Maybe that's what makes me want to wear very little of it and not every day.

I sprayed this on my skin and I couldn't decide if it smelled like hairspray or bug spray. Either way, it wasn't good.

salihah

brought this didnt smell it went home opened very carefully smellt it sealed back into the box and got a refund!
the only ea perfumes i like are
arden beauty
sunflowers
red door
green tea (dont love it but it aint that bad!)

sweefa
sweefa

Surprise surprise... got this among a collection of mini bottles and was sure not to like it, as I never liked any Arden, but it is a really nice and very feminine beauty case/boudoire scent. The mixed smell of perfumed beauty products, lots of powder and some kind of rosy soapyness (I bet it's that rose that some people called "chemical") feels oldfashioned in a coquettish way. Longevity is good and it has some sillage too.
If you ever find yourself sitting in front of a big mirror, wearing a dusky pink negligee and slowly brushing your long hair with a dreamily look on your face... make sure to wear True Love ;)

takeasniff
takeasniff

When I first started working I can remember smelling this at the counter at Myer. I could only afford a small bottle so I got it and it was very expensive back then like 70 or 80 Dollars. Then I moved on. The years have gone by and this seemed to vanish for a while. I noticed it in Priceline recently and smelled it. It brought back all the memories of when I was a younger girl just trying pefumes. It smells horrible in the bottle and at first I thought what did I ever see in this? I sprayed it on my wrist and it did develop really nicely. It is a little like Coco mademoiselle a bit rosey and powdery. There is a slight chemical smell which I think is what puts most people off. I think now with the white florals and rosey perfumes comming back into fashion this could maybe take off a bit again. I think Arden discontinued it.

passionata20
passionata20

I have tried my pure parfum concentation again today and i didn´t liked it as much as i did few month ago, when it was still cold outside. While then it was citrus-fresh and a bit chemical, today when it is very warm outside it smells almost like a male fragrance by Boss "Elements aqua"!!!! At first i couldn´t believe that, but after a while it still smelled mostly like a typical male cologne. Maybe it is my nose, but my mom also smells it. So my verdict is to use it during colder time of the year.
I agree that it is not original and a too chemical.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

karepula
karepula

Just received it today. Bought it as a blind choise and I'm not disappointed. It's nice and feminine scent. Good for daily use, office and going out, especially for romantic evenings. Very good way to save money and get pleasant fragrance.
First sniff wasn't impressive, cause I sniffed it under the lid. My advice not to smell it like that, try it on your skin and it will works (as I did).
My rate for this EDT is very good, considering aroma, longevity and price.

Siv55
Siv55

Love is a strange thing. What can she see in him? Does he really love that little mousey woman with a passion you can only dream of?
In this I can only see a powdery, watery floral, light, sweet but dull at the end of the day. If it lasts that long. It may be someone else's sweetheart, but it isn't mine.

krissycat
krissycat

Do not enjoy the top notes of this frag but as it dries down, it really starts to develop and open up into something I really like. Kinda smell a little bit of red door here, a little bit of Arden Beauty.. I would have to say I don't think its quite as sweet as either of these, it is definetely lighter and I do think "elegant" would describe this scent best. I don't feel as if the sillage is that great unless other people can smell me and I can't. I would probably give this a five out of a ten only because I have so many other scents I like so much better

Adorabella
Adorabella

I loved this perfume when it first came out and I had to have it (in my teens). I thought it was so pretty and feminine but then it was discontinued and I couldn't find it anywhere. Then, ten years later I saw it at TJ Maxx and immediately bought it. It doesn't smell the same as I remember. More chemically and synthetic. I wonder if the bottle didn't age well or if it was an edt and not edp--if they made both. Too bad, because I really wanted to like it. Now I have a full bottle and will never use it.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

This is such a pretty feminine perfume. I do agree, sadly though, that it is does have a more synthetic smell then when it originally came out back in the 90s. I have been wearing it off an on since it came out in the 90s. I was a teenager then, but have enjoyed it into my adulthood and even wore it on my wedding day. With the new interest in rose perfumes nowadays I think this would make a nice addition to those that love the romantic rose smell with a touch of powder and peaches. My husband always seems to like the smell of this one too and likes to hug on me when I wear it. If you want to feel pretty and feminine then try this one out. I always imagine being in a long floral dress out in a sunny meadow somewhere reading poetry when I wear this one. ;-)

larali

Now that it's spring, I've gone back to this. It is heady, just like the real flowers blooming outside. There is something ladylike and classy about it as well. For me, it smells much better on my skin than from the bottle, and fresher. It is not something I'd buy again, simply because I have had this so long I'm tired of it, but I'm going to try to use up my bottle before July.

caitlina
caitlina

This lasts fairly long but it smells kind of..I don't know...cheap. My boyfriend also doesn't really like it. I don't dislike it, it's just not anything special. It does smell better after a few hours when it softens but still... I'm not a huge fan.
Why is this classified as oriental floral? I don't smell anything oriental about it.

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

This fragrance does not say anything .. it is not original ...
floral, watery, dusty in the end, just smell a bouquet of fresh flowers ... just another floral fragrance.

ReinaT
ReinaT

A beautiful, light rosy perfume, designed for that special wedding day. I'm surprised it has all the notes in it, because it is very floral and rosy on me. On me, it doesn't change, the dry down is the same as when applied, but it is really pretty, not scratchy or musky (in the bad dank way), perfect for summer and day use. Also, it works well with other floral and rose perfumes if you like to mix fragrances for a more personal, unique scent for yourself. I would recommend it, I have a big bottle of the EDT, but I want to get the full parfum concentrate, I think I'll like it better (plus I love the double wedding ring topper!)

guest_fragrancexpert
guest_fragrancexpert

wow this smell just like red door when you first spray it then it changes slightly my freind had it on i dought she was wearing red door
when i asked her what she was wearing she showed me the bottle and it was true love
im getting this!

larali

Very sweet and bright and precious... but too much so. Somebody said Easter, and that is perfect. It is beautiful for church but too sweet for everyday (for me).

Coming back to edit: I have had this one for years and I never wear it. Today I was helping out in my daughter's preschool classroom and thought I'd give it a trial, maybe the kids would like it. One kid stuck her tongue out at me. I am gonna give this old bottle to my sister.

nyoka
nyoka

This is a lovely iris scent that reminds me of easter.THe orris root in the mid makes for a much deeper scent than one usually from EA.I like this one but not my fav.

guest_roxanne79
guest_roxanne79

so..! Another disaster called E. Arden!!!I am starting to believe that most of her perfume are like that. This is one that smells powdery, oldish, waterish, lilysh... crappish!!! S. Grosman? What have you done???? Do try it before you wear it, because you are in for a nasty surprise!!!

Allinug
Allinug

Today I got my big bottle of True Love and I really like this perfume. It smells very soft and powdery.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Another bargain bin salvage for me...
At 1st spray, reminded me almost exactly of Red Door's opening. A short few minutes after that, I picked up the note of burnt plastic and then it turned to lighter fluid. No, I'm not kidding, it smells exactly like flowery lighter fluid right now.
My chemistry must be bringing out every bad note this scent has to offer.
To those of you who can wear it, Kudos, but for me, it's a fire waiting to happen, and not in a good way.
Back to the bargain bin it goes.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a beautiful scent! The first few seconds after spraying you are hit with a blast of apricot and peach but it calms down and becomes very subtle as the florals begin to warm up. Its very light on me and when I smell it I feel like I should be wearing a big ball gown dress in the victorian era going to a ball! hehe. It makes me think of the story cinderella, she would wear this scent. I love it, so elegant.

gigiletta
gigiletta

such a lovely powdery scent,iris comes with apricots on a romantic way,but not for young girls,ideal for mothers.

The_Entity
The_Entity

smelling from the bottle i was critical and thought it smelt like a dusty bedroom with miss havisham sitting in there wearing her wedding dress...but after spaying on my skin i changed my mind and found it to be comforting, an elegant floral scent

NatWeb
NatWeb

When I first smelled this in the mid 90s I really did love it. As a 15 year old it was my favourite tester in department stores. It was always too expensive for me and now that i can buy it for around $15, I find I've just moved on. It smells like that particular time to me, not modern at all. Its a pleasant floral scent but I can't disssociate from that period in time.

Sissi
Sissi

Flowers Soaking in a vase of water
it's bland it has no imagination
very boring fragrance.

deeannek
deeannek

I am a big fan of florientals but not this one. First off I don't smell anything but a powdery scent and it completely overwhelms any other scent in this perfume. I was really hoping to like this one because it is a very affordable perfume but as I said I feel completely overwhelmed by that powdery scent. If you like this perfume, I would recommend checking Walgreens. I saw it on clearance for $5.oo for a 1.0 bottle.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Strange thing here well I bought this perfume due to the recommendation from my hairdresser and LOVED IT until nearly the bottle was empty. Then I started to hate it and now the scent completely turns my stomach. This perfume and Guess Gold literally make me sick. It is the strangest thing really it is.

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

I am surprised that so many people find it difficult to find in the shops.
It is EVERYWHERE in Australia and so inexpensive, i stocked up on it. It smells so pretty, if you could call a fragrance 'pretty'.
I will always have several bottles of this in reserve. It's just such a happy scent.

Halvah
Halvah

I don't really detect fruity notes in this one, nor any oriental character, but a soft, very, VERY soft feeling of amber and rose. Amber makes it very creamy and romantic. It's long-lasting on the skin but not strong, so only those can smell it who get close enough to you, others feel only a charming eleance in the air. I usually can't stand ambery perfumes which cause me stomach-ache normally, but I try to like this one, and try it again and again.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

It could be a nice classic scent, but that smell of old water in a flower vase ruins the whole composition.
I thought, maybe the tester was bad/old, but I saw some reviewers have mentioned the same "problem" with True Love. Bummer.

barbiot35
barbiot35

This is a floral fruity one and I didn't detected any oriental side of it. Only a slight warm vanilla is in it if it's enough to classify a fragrance as oriental...
None of the ingredients on list is remarkable on it(maybe only peach a little). Not bad, not completely good.
By the way True Love is not for mature woman but for teens it could be a good choice for special occasions (school leaving ceremony,first date etc.).

LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

I read this fragrance is recommended for brides as a wedding scent, but I wouldn´t choose it for my wedding at all! :(
I don´t like it. It reminds me a old-fashion smell for women over 70 :(

krishka
krishka

Sniffed it yesterday and bought it straight away. The smell is gorgeous and really suits me!.....should have bought 2 bottles though now that i read it is not easy to find...i got it from the airport and it was having 40% discount..good bargain!

arladanielle
arladanielle

A complex fragrance indeed! I had this 8 yrs ago and I have it now. When I was younger I thought it was very strong and overwhelming but at my age now, I simply adore the initial aura the scent creates. Such classy florals! And after two hours and some sweating( I live in a tropical country), it still leaves a trail that my friends compliment on.
I love my True Love!!

Malibu
Malibu

I went to stay at friends of the family in my early teens and the girl whose room I stayed in wore TRUE LOVE.

it's a lovely and soft mix of peach and rose, with a gentle powdery backdrop. I admired it so much that she gave me her bottle.

Happy memories.

kugkng
kugkng

At first sight from the bottle it reminds me of chanel coco mademoislle edt.one of my friend collection one things that I remember from is extremely high-class feminine scent such that appear all I thought...who kowns event the pink coral juice inside this E.A truelove build and work the same romantic scenery for me as sams as a beautiful memorable feeling that I got from coco m.Eventhough this brand is not quite pop. among the high-celeb. but from my side it really st.and do also launch a nice frag.such anyone can touch and discovered.^_^ For the trace sesation that I feel and got from is an ultra floral-feminine scent smooth a hint of some cream undertone. someone say it's for a bride...yes I do agree cause it should keep in a special memorable day.+++Last thing that I've detected from T.L and coco M. both have the same synthetic note indeed*+*.

tvu
tvu

True love has a strong lasting smell of powdery yet floral scent. I personally think this scent suit more mature ladies. Its best wearing during winter months. The packaging looked expensive, yet price is very affordable (because of the strong scent, you don't have to spray too much). It's very good for the price. I would say this is the best of all Elizabeth Arden scent.

Tala
Tala

Headache inducing. I wanted so much to love this one. I love the description, I love the bottle an packaging and I adore the name.
I wanted so much for it to work that I bought 3 bottles and told myself I use it long enough to get used to it. Little I knew about migraines!!!! They don't wear True love! I had to return 2 and the opened one I gave to my cleaning lady.

alicektn
alicektn

I was indrigued by the notes and the nose of this perfume, it seemed like something I would definetely like. It wasn't pricey too, so I ended up buying a bottle online

Major dissapointment.

There is a specific chemical note, too harsh and disgusting. I would like this perfume a lot without this note...Must be some kind of fixative because I have detected it in other products too. The bad thing is that it lasts and lasts...

Such a shame, since the flowers behind it are romantic, powdery and soft.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought my daughter a 1oz bottle of this unsniffed and we were both surprised on how lovely this scent is! It smells so soft and powdery very feminine. I think this would be good for a bride on her wedding day! So romantic and light just right. I also want to grab a bottle for myself!

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

it's hard to find the true love, so it's hard to find its perfume version also :) this scent is warm and attractive and one of a kind.

LauraM
LauraM

I don't know why this one is always so reduced in price (not that I should complain), because it's one of the best Elizabeth Arden ones IMO.

True Love by Elizabeth Arden 3.21 out of 5 based on 506 ratings and 122 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
True Love Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
True Love Perfume by Elizabeth Arden, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
TRUE LOVE for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
TRUE LOVE for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
TRUE LOVE for WOMEN by Elizabeth Arden SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 3.3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.3 OZ
Elizabeth Arden True Love Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Elizabeth Arden True Love Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Beauty Encounter
Gift Set
True Love by Elizabeth Arden for Women
True Love by Elizabeth Arden for Women
Elizabeth Arden True Love Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Elizabeth Arden True Love Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden True Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden True Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify True Love by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of True Love by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.