Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Untold Absolu Elizabeth Arden for women

Untold Absolu Elizabeth Arden for women
dislike

Untold Absolu Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures Untold Absolu Elizabeth Arden for women Pictures

The fragrant collection Untold was initiated with the original edition Untold from 2013, which will stand with the classics of the house: franchises Red Door and Fifth Avenue. The first edition of the collection was signed by Clement Gavarry, providing a composition which would suggest several different aspects of a woman’s life. The successful first perfume Untold was succeeded by the livelier and lighter version Untold Eau Legere, also created by perufmer Clement Gavarry.

The latest version is enhanced and more concentrated than the previous two, composed of a blend of luxurious flowers combined with red plum and black currant resting on a magnetic base of amber. Fruity notes of red plum and black currant leave a juicier and sweeter impression, blending rich floral aromas, additionally warmed with amber. The new version, UNTOLD ABSOLU is warmer, fruitier and more floral than the previous two, and arrives in a flacon with the same form as previous editions, in somewhat darker, golden-yellow shade.

Fragrance ELIZABETH ARDEN UNTOLD ABSOLU is already available on the market and can be obtained as 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Untold Absolu was launched in 2014.

Plum Bergamot Ginger Raspberry

Unforgettable

Untold Absolu Fragrance Reviews

emyalda
emyalda

Found this perfume boring. It reminded me of a cheap chemist perfume.
Nothing really stood out for me.
It's a shame because the notes looked great.

blake.lee
blake.lee

If you like Angel, La Nuit Tresor and Gucci Guilty Intense you'll probably enjoy this scent. It's not unique in anyway but it's a nice, sweet, warm, mature scent. I don't usually like black currant but it's subtle in this scent with the plum being the much more dominant fruit. This scent has a milky quality to it. Someone mentioned below, it reminded them of the homemade playdoh they made as a child and I can smell this comparison. However, the peppery tartness of the red currant breaks through the vanilla play dough scent stopping it from completely recalling that childhood scent memory for me. Sweet, cosy, slightly powdery, syrupy fruits and a bit of tartness make for a pleasant but far from unique olfactory experience. You'll feel as if you've smelled this before many times.

Kshan
Kshan

I blind bought this at Marshall's for USD $8.99 figuring nothing was lost if I didn't like it. It was a wise choice. I LOVE it! Even in the heat of July, I want to wear this (albeit, in the house only). I think, however, I'll really love this come winter. It's just a warm, cozy scent. The vanilla, particularly, is incredibly well done. And the bottle? Gorgeous. My only complaint, and it's a mild one, is I wish the longevity were better. However, this is so easy to find at a reasonable price, that I don't mind respraying.

I know there's a lot of anti-EA snobbery out there, and that's fine. Myself and others who've found this glorious fragrance will have more to enjoy.

auroramaria
auroramaria

I gt this one yesyerday 36 euros for 100ml, it's not expensive but it smells like it is.
Great combination of plum and raspberry on a very warm base of vanilla tonka and benzoin.
It's a rich warm creamy sweet scent and I love it, it's very well done however I will keep it for fall and winter as it is pretty heavy.
Moderate sillage and good longevity on me

StarMagix
StarMagix

This is a nice scent but wish it lasted longer than 4 to 5 hours. I like the first spray best and the dry down is okay but nothing to brag about. It does smell ladylike and I do appreciate this. I got a good value for my money so I am not disappointed in any way. Elizabeth Arden makes some great scents, some good scents, and then some not so great scents. This is a really good scent but I would not claim great. I think this is wearable for any time of day or night or any season. I will try it in the Fall and Winter to decide this for sure.

Kalitera
Kalitera

This is my what they say "guilty pleasure". I don't really agree with that concept, as honestly it's quite snobbish! If it's a pleasure, why should I feel guilty, right?

It's sweet and warm, tonka beans and plum give such rich undertone. As some reviewers mentioned - this is not the most original perfume, but nonetheless it's a delicious one! I'm going to wrap myself into it in autumn time, as it gives extra comfort and satisfaction :)

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I'm into sweet, foodie, delicious gourmands, but lately I've been craving sweet syrupy florals-- and this is PERFECT! I love it! It helps that it's Arden quality and comes with a cheap price. (for the most part, I find Arden scents boring, except for Arden being behind some great Celeb Scents)

I blind bought this, so I can't compare to Untold Original, I went with this because I read it's stronger and sweeter. And I am a fan of the Gucci Guiltys too. I agree this is creamier than GG.

I love this! Sooo sweet and ambery with great sillage/lasting so far. It's not cloying or overpowering tho, and I was heavy handed with the sprays.
I am loving amber/vanilla florals! YUM!
I got some light fruity notes in the first hour that smelled like Tresor La Nuit- which I love. (unless some La Nuit was left over on this sweater, but I did wash it!)

This blind buy was a total WIN, in fact, I grabbed a 3.4 tester from ebay for when my first 1.7 is used up. And I probably would/will grab more backups as they come up cheap on ebay. This is beautiful!

It isn't terribly unique and it doesn't stand out, but easy to wear and comforting, without just being a cold weather scent. I just love it.

I will prob try Untold Original too someday, when I can find it cheap.
And I def want the Luxe version! YUM!

Mmmm... just an elegant vanilla ice cream left on my sweater. Love this!

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

This is a love for me. I do smell vanilla and tonka blending together to make that lovely doll head and play doh scent that i was looking for. It is long lasting with low to moderate sillage. It does have that synthetic, plasticy smell , but in a good way. It makes me feel good, happy, and brings back the same feeling i had as a kid playing with my dolls and my little ponies and making home made play doh with my mom. So if your looking for a realistic floral, fresh, vanilla perfume , this is not for you. But if you like the doll head scents, or play doh ,vanilla and tonka, you will probably love this! 4 out of 5 from me. I just wish it had a little more projection but I'm still very satisfied.

purpleturtle
purpleturtle

This is a strong like for me. I blind bought at Marshalls for $10, and feel like I got a great scent for a great price. It would be best in fall and winter. A warm, plummy, creamy amber. This is rich like honey. It lasted quite a long time (6 hrs), with moderate sillage that turns light on me. Definately fruity. Overall a wonderful deal and I am very happy with my purchase. Happy smelling! :)

rosewithorns
rosewithorns

I like Untold Absolu as an everyday kind of fragrance, one I can throw on without thinking too much about it. It is nondescript and uncomplicated, but I feel comforted by its warm, cozy scent. Don't be fooled by the price, it is a very good quality fragrance and I am happy to have it in my collection.

"Untold" ? More like "Unsold".

I was surprised to find this 2014 issue already in TJ Maxx during early Spring 2016, price $7.99 (30 ml. "Untold Absolu" EdP). While I rarely blind buy, I figured $8, from an established house, is *probably* at least a nice, safe, "wearable" scent. So, I read numerous reviews, & especially the list of individual notes in its composition- Because *thats* the surefire way to predetermine perfume quality & whether I'll like it (cough, gag, NOT!) - LOL - HA! My bad...

Oh my Zep this is horrific ;C> Represents the very worst of the art & tradition of perfume.

I'm a relative newbie to perfume exploration, unqualified to scholarly examine any perfume- This review is simply my own personal opinion, & I apologize to those whom enjoy this frag. I mean no offense! :b.

Btw, I do love a well-made fruit/floral: Italian cult-classic Il Bacio EdP & Parfum, the iconic 1990's Summer ripe & sun-warmed fresh juicy orchid fruits, masterfully blended with realistic Summer flowers in full bloom, grounded with White Musk base notes... Stunning! I'm also hoping to sample Byredo "Pulp", current fruit cult classic!

A few of my other perfume standards (favorites) include many with skillfully blended fruit notes. I'm listing some of my fav's as a frame of reference, so that if your tastes differ, you can know that my review probably doesn't matter to you. Tia for your patience!

Favorites:
1). Miss Dior Originale (the original, complex 1947 chypre issue, not today's fruitchouli), Dioressence, Diorissimo;
2). Guerlain Samsara (with gorgeous dried fruits!) & Mitsouko with its famous, infallible far-away peach note;
3). Van Cleef & Arpels First with its sparkling strawberry/rasberry accent;
4). Arpege by Lanvin;
5). Carons' (no longer available) Alpona (Stunning fruit chypre), Parfum Sacre, Infini;
6). Chanels' #5, #19, #22;
7). Les Parfums de Rosine- Rose d'Amour, Une Folie de Rose;
8). Ester Lauder Private Collection;
9). Cliniques Aromatics Elixer;
10). Sisley Soir de Lune.

Summary: Elizabeth Arden Untold Absolutely, EdP = STANKY. Bottle is very pretty! :b. Thx for reading :D

MattChartier
MattChartier

Smells similar to Nanette by Nanette Lepore, without the incense note. It seems likely that when Elizabeth Arden discontinued Nanette, they decided to take the formula and tweak it slightly for launch under their own label. Now that discounters are carrying this, it's pretty pleasant for $8 an ounce. Still, Nanette was just a little bit nicer, for just a little bit more. I think if you already own that one, you could pass on Untold Absolu.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Plums, vanilla and tonka oh my!

I blind bought this based on the reviews. I'm not disappointed. Its a lovely strong plum opening that seems to slide through the floral heart too quickly. The drydown is warm , lush rich vanilla and tonka. Just beautiful for someone looking for a fruity vanilla scent with good silage and lasting power. The price is great and the bottle is stunning. So much better than other frags that house perfume in a plain square bottle. If you want something sweet that isn't a huge sugarbomb, give this warm smooth plummy bottle a try. Glad its a hit for Arden! Finally!

Fancyfeast
Fancyfeast

I love this one. It sprays on as a zesty, sharp, lemon with amber - mixed with cream. On the dry down it is intoxicating plum and powder, with the same amber shining through. Its gorgeous. I wear it day and night. Its not offensive while still offering excellent sillage. Feminine and classy. I wear this to work and its still on my clothes when I get out.

suile
suile

Very happy with this purchase. Lovely warm floral fruity blend that manages to be both fresh and luxurious at the same time. Great price in the UK, cute bottle, the nicest in the Untold range so far, IMO.

Not too overpowering, reasonably long lasting.

Looking out for the Untold Luxe now.

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

Wow!
This is really pretty and perfect for the fall/winter!! Tonka bean, ginger, benzoin = yum!! Reminds me of Shakira Wild Elixir but without so much woodyness. LOVE it!

gillbert
gillbert

by far, the best fragrance created by this house. really beautiful - this is exactly luxurious perfume. warmer, fruitier and more floral is absolutely gorgeous. i believe this is the high end level created by Elizabeth Arden. congratulation.

witchbaby777
witchbaby777

The most complex Elizabeth Arden to date. Smells like a very high end spray for a reasonable price. Fruity, warm, and a touch tart.

Decodawn
Decodawn

Untold Absolu is the best fragrance that Elizabeth Arden have launched in over 20 years. A tremendous amount of thought went in to the production from the shape of the bottle very unusual twisted crystal heart shape with faceted glass with a gold or silver edge in a sharp straight curve engraved with the name of the fragrance very contemporary. The juice inside is either light yellow for Untold or Amber in colour for the Absolu. The fragrance upon first application is quite strong, but not over powering, I immediately liked it as it reminded me of Guilty by Gucci. Very long lasting and sits very well amongst the high end fragrance houses with their modern launches. It is a very animalistic, very sensual and comforting. Jasmine, vanilla, tonka bean, plum and amber. If you are fortunate enough to be able to pick up a bottle on ebay even if used for a great price, don't hesitate but buy it! It is a fabulous fragrance and I am very impressed.

SoftWisdom
SoftWisdom

I tested this in a store a few hours ago. I get a very sweet, fruity ambery vanilla. I have a hard time discerning the floral note and sadly I can't smell the ginger. It's very creamy and bright which is nice! It lasts a good while and has nice sillage, so if you enjoy this type of scent I would recommend testing it. It gives off a golden, happy vibe for Autumn maybe. For me personally, I feel like something is missing, which is probably just my preference for lots of floral and spice in a perfume.

mushroom8118
mushroom8118

Oh my this is gorgeous!! It's a popular scent amongst my cabin crew friends and that's where I get my obsession from. Love at first sight indeed and absolutely different from the vanilla based perfume I had in my collection. It springs of creamy vanilla, tonka beans and caramel, yet lovely on my skin. It’s the perfect blend of sweet, floral and spice all in a bottle.

Tested the original Untold, nice, but not as strong as Absolu. I'm totally hooked by it's heavy scent. The sillage is pretty good. Enough to turn heads when I pass by and throw a cabin crew smile at them.

It makes me feel sophisticated, elegant and attractive! An alluring scent. My chemistry works beautifully with this fragrance. Truly long lasting (5-6 hours) on my skin. The bottle itself in an artistic piece in many angle, which is beautiful!

My husband falls in love with it. He thought it smells really good on me. Just the way he loves it. What more reasons do I need. Will definitely buy another bottle once I finished it.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I blind bought the largest bottle of this, and upon first spray I'm finding it to be too woody for me. I'll have to cool it on the blind buys. I'll think something will sound like I'll love it, only to find out my body(or nose), detects too much of the wooden notes, or the patchouli notes, or some other note I can't get past.

This on me, like another reviewer stated, is a woody vanilla. I was hoping for that caramel note, floral notes, and more vanilla. On the plus side, the bottle is gorgeous, just gorgeous. I can't wear the bottle though. This reminds me of EL's Sensuous Nude to some degree.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

TURKISH DELIGHT FOR A TIGER
_______________________________________________________

I always liked the ad of 'Untold' and 'Untold Absolu' and today I got the opportunity to try it out.

It opens with a very sensual and romantic (very feminine) floral note. It's nice and shy.

The true face of this fragrance comes with its drydown. A powerful composition of vanilla, tonka beans, benzoid and dark patchouli takes over and won't let go anymore - reminds me of turkish delights.
It's like the sweet little baby cat turned into a very angry tiger. The tiger engages into a ritual and sexual dance with you, it corners its pray into submission and only then attacks. However, by then, you have stared the tiger way too long into his magnetic eyes and fell for his hypnotic gaze.

Longetivity: - 7/10
Sillage: - 8/10

All in all: 9 out of 10 points.

P.S. I see that everybody compaires it to Gucci Guilty, but nobody tiped it in the 'This perfume reminds me of...' column. I don't know Guilty, but 'Untold Absolu' reminds me a lot of Tom Ford's light version of Noir (Noir EDT)

I absolutely like the scent. I remember trying the original Untold and loving it. It was impressive. I don't think I like this one as much as the other one, but it still is very nice. Sweet, full on vanilla and tonka bean. A great warming scent for winter.
The similarity to the Gucci's Guilty, what I liked so much in original, is also there, but not so intensively.
I think the original is more fruitier and this one is sweeter. A great one from Elizabeth Arden.

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I tried Untold a couple of months ago, but it just didn't work for me. I decided to get something else instead. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Absolu tester & I didn't want to purchase something on a whim, without even reading reviews about it. Yesterday the Sales Assistant who's helped me choose a few of my new favourites suggested I try Untold Absolu. Unfortunately there wasn't a tester, again, but because he has an idea of what I like, I took the chance.
I wasn't expecting something quite so sweet & caramely (that's how it comes across on my skin). I thought it would be very much like the original I tried, but I'm very happy that it isn't :) I love the way it settles on my skin, soft, sweet & with a woody/vanilla feel.

The notes sounds fantastic, but when I tried it at the parfum-store it just dissapeared within minutes from my skin. After 10 minutes it was gone. I had high hopes for Absolu but this one is not for me.

Doftnoterna låter underbara, men när jag provade den på parfymaffären så var doften borta inom 10 minuter från min hud. Efter 10 minuter kunde jag inte känna den alls. Jag hade höga förhoppningar men Absolu är inte för mig.

aztzura
aztzura

Gorgeous scent similar to Untold but sweeter with vanilla and without the sharp patchouli note. Also very similar to Gucci Guilty Intense which I also love. The longevity is great as well.

merrick_mayfair
merrick_mayfair

I have this perfume among the best perfumes I have, I really find it very sweet and elegant, for a romantic date in a cold night, first of all I have to say that the bottle it's a true dream! Looks sparkling, femenine and shining like a piece of Swarovski, the bottle it's truly a piece of jewelry, and second the fragrance like I said, it's sweet, a little bit floral but the dry down it's completely sweet, and in me Absolu lasts until next day!! ;) I LOVE IT

nettoyant
nettoyant

WhoScentsUlee is so right. "Untold Absolu has the same exotic sexiness of Gucci Guilty without the sharp midnote."

Smooth raspberry but not juicy or fruity (I don't get much plum), sweet floral, bit of spicy ginger and powder. It manages to be rich and fresh at the same time, so lovely. Silage and longevity are well above average.

amylouise_
amylouise_

Funny story – I walked in to buy Arden Red Door Aura and ended up walking out with Untold Absolu - and I love it! It’s the perfect blend of sweet, floral and spice – all in a lovely way. I like it more than the original Untold, which is also pretty, but not as good! This fragrance reminds me of something you’d wear to a holiday party.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Totally loving this one. It's gourmand but sexy. I was passing through Dillard's when I made the mistake of spraying it and falling in love. I really really want to get a full bottle. The Absolu definitely is heavier then the standard Untold version.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I only smell Flowerbomb and original Chapstick.

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

I just purchased this. It was love at first spritz! It's unlike most of the scents I have in my collection, but yet, it's familiar. It's got this almost creamy and warm quality to it, I knew when I smelt it I had to buy it! It's alluring without being overpowering, and sweet without being cloying. My chemistry works beautifully with this fragrance. It could never smell cheap. It's long lasting and it seems to become almost slightly spicy after it's been sitting on the skin. It's truly a beautiful fragrance. I'm not entirely into florals. Some are very nice, but I usually suit more gourmand fragrances. This somehow encompasses more of a yummy scent on me than it does a floral at all. I smelt the original Absolu and that particular one has much more of a bright floral in it. This one is much richer.

joan100
joan100

One of the better fruity florals of these days. The blackcurrant in this adds to the freshness while the amber gives this fragrance some warmth and depth. Yes freshness and warmth can exist and work well together in a fragrance much in the same way as freshness and spices! The plum and floral notes trail subtly behind. There are hardly any 'animalic' notes in this (thank Goodness).

piahellgren

I just adore it still. Tried it for the second time today. The fruits are absolutely delicious and not overbearing at all, while still managing to be sweet, tart and juicy. There is a great balance of the tarter blackcurrant and the rounder and deeper and softer plum. It stays crispy and juicy for a while and the jasmin I smell is the clean, bright and sunny type of jasmin. There may be a hint of rose and something else, but I am honestly not sure what it is. It stays fruity and jasminy for quite a while and then I smell something like sweet, creamy rice pudding and cherry kernels or almonds! It´s quite amazing- is this the amber in combination with the fruits or what IS it? In any regards it is quite lovely and I want it.

piahellgren

I tried this today and was almost hypnotised by its golden beauty. This is a sunny, somewhat sharp, juicy and rich fragrance. I will get is asap and come back with a proper review.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

Tried a number of perfumes today, but I think this is the one that has lasted the longest and that I keep sniffing in disbelief. It's lovely and sweet, but warm sweet in a good way (not high up sweet candy like celebrity scents). Will definitely try this again and maybe it will win a spot in my huge fragrance draw.

EDIT:
I did get it. And it's quite nice. Nice in a fake way though, there really isn't much in this that smells natural. Okay longevity and silage is great in the beginning. It's a good one to get if they're running gift with purchase (which they were luckily).

Lily2911
Lily2911

What a pleasant surprise, i was able to test it in thevduty free and regret i did not buy it !
It is a creamy floral, not gourmand sweet but more a soft golden honey scent with some nutty/almond/ rice powdery aroma. I know these are not present in the pyramid but i really get these. It is really delicious, i am not a big fan of EA perfumes but this one has stolen my heart !! Highly recommended

julianna32
julianna32

This is a very light powdery scent, not heavy powder on my skin. It smells creamy with a hint of fruit. It is different from the original...it has more depth to it. They are both light scents but this is creamier, I would say. I really like it!
Also, as this dries down, the amber scent becomes more noticeable and less creamy/powdery. Definitely more fall scent and original is lighter for spring.

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

Untold Absolu is warm and sweet. I like the blend of the plum and black currant with amber. The bottle is beautiful and heavy, and I think that is part of what sets it apart from the toothachingly sweet, teenager-ish smells out there. It is sweet and delicious, but still mature and graceful. I want to try the original now!

simee
simee

Has the same Sugary notes I crave and enjoy wearing.
I classify it in the same group as Pink sugar, Prada candy and Juicy Couture Viva last Juicy. My mind goes to those three most likely due to the amber base.

WhoScentsU-lee
WhoScentsU-lee

If you love Gucci Guilty EDP try this! EA got it right with this one. Amber, fruit and deliciousness. Untold Absolu has the same exotic sexiness of Gucci Guilty without the sharp midnote. It is much more creamy and the bottle is heavy, gold plated artistry! Try it!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Arden Untold Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Elizabeth Arden Untold Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Untold Absolu by Elizabeth Arden. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Untold Absolu by Elizabeth Arden represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.