Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Diamonds and Emeralds Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

tuberose
Diamonds and Emeralds Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures

This women’s fragrance was presented in 1993. Floral notes wrapped up in an oriental embrace bring a breeze of white rose and gardenia, sweetness of an apricot, fresh mandarin, juicy peach, sage, hyacinth, orange blossom and green accords at the top. The heart ticks in the rhythm of a floral sweet jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, carnation, seductive tuberose, rose, magnolia and Tyger lily. The base is soft, velvety and powdery with the notes of vanilla, amber, musk, patchouli and tonka beans.

Apricot Orange Blossom Gardenia Mandarin Orange Peach White Rose Hiacynth Sage Water Lily

Magnolia Carnation Tuberose Lily Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla

Blonde
Truth or Dare

Diamonds and Emeralds Fragrance Reviews

The_Entity
The_Entity

Can certainly smell the gardenia and tuberose in this, it smells like E.Taylors Gardenia, but this has more character. Smelling the gardenia in Madonna's Truth or Dare reminded me of this frag

tara.kelly
tara.kelly

Sexy and romantic scent .Long lasting but not over done.Sweet aromatic perfume.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

I won a giveaway of this from the lovely Briarthorn. It has quickly become my summer Sunday scent - I love wearing it to church. It definitely has a 90s vibe but is very wearable today. It is a gardenia scent that is soft and pretty and doesn't knock you over like many white florals do. The peach adds a sweetness that makes it more romantic than sexy. I just feel very pretty and girly when I wear it.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Light, sweet bouquet of flowers: I didn't wear it in "it's own time", but now:2014 I got one bottle. Very pleasant, even sexy.

glambert
glambert

On my skin, this a non offensive floral fragrance with hints of oriental notes such as vanilla, amber, musk, patchouli and tonka beans. To me, this is a generic floral scent and isn't anything original.

bonnie52
bonnie52

Unusual perfume to say the least. When i first sprayed it on it was so harsh smelling! It does tone down to a more pleasing scent. I am unable to pick out the separate notes. I blind bought this and had I smelled it before, I wouldn't have bought it. Quite strong upon spraying but has poor longevity; skin scent within an hour. I think I have been spoiled by White Diamonds! To me, none of the others in this line compares to it.

Searro
Searro

From the first time I sprayed White Diamonds on my wrists at Macy's, I knew in an instant I'd found my designated fragrance. Such a lush bouquet of florals, spices and dark citrus, it's classic and exceptional--not to mention highly aldehydic.

However, THIS creation, Diamonds and Emeralds, is a far cry from some of the more well-known perfumes in Elizabeth Taylor's arsenal. My core complaint being its disappointingly weak longeity. This particular perfume may as well be on the shelf with the Bath & Body Works body mists. Fresh and clean florals like tuberose, gardenia and elegant magnolia, there's also hints of peach and pear, with light carnation and vanilla notes. Sounds like a lovely formula, doesn't it? But the fact is, there's a very good reason I stumbled upon a 3.0 oz. bottle at TJ Maxx for just $12.99. It DOESN'T HOLD (neither on clothing or skin) and the silage is below arms length.

Understand, I adore many of Liz's fragrances, most of all White Diamonds, but there are a wealth of perfumes one can purchase at your local Walgreens that would not only outshine this scent, but be worth the same price, or even lower.

ShellBelle
ShellBelle

I just love this one! Fresh and peachy, but in no way overpowering. Love the white floral/musk mixed in as well. I think it's warm and sophisticated. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do. I have tried White Diamonds, and that one I could not handle!

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

Starts out pretty with gardenia, white flowers, rose, little bit of tuberose & fresh fruit (not the sickly sweet kind) but then POOF!....it's gone within 30 minutes & I'm left with patchouli. I really don't like patchouli. I only like it when it's a backbone & not a definite fragrance note.

This smells very dated to me - truly a 1990's fragrance that a mature woman of that time would have worn. This was a blind buy for me. I was hoping for more lasting tuberose & flowers; a mature woman scent that was not old fashioned. For me, this was a disappointment.

ChristopherK21
ChristopherK21

So, after carefully reading and dissecting the reviews from fellow people of Fragrantica, I decided to go out and purchase this fragrance, as it sounded like something I would enjoy! I was right! I put it on tonight and quite enjoyed it! I know that it is Eau De Toilette, but it seemed like a Parfum to me! It is a strong, yet beautiful scent! I listened to the caution of others as to apply carefully and as little as possible, but when I did that, I didn't feel like it was enough. So I sprayed a little more, and it didn't bother me at all! I actually liked it more! I got a 100ml 3.4oz bottle at a great price of $12.99 at Marshalls. I think it's such a wonderful deal!

For the smell, I think D&E is a beautifully put together fragrance. It is a wondeful mix of White florals and Fruit. It does remind me a bit of Kim Kardashian's signature fragrance, and a little bit of Madonna's Truth Or Dare, but I feel like this is a the classier version of both. It is not insanely strong like Truth or Dare is, but I like that about this one. It is a lot less offensive. It is soft, and I feel like I can wear it in a multitude of environments. I can wear it relaxing at home, or when I need to smell good for a good occasion. It is also a bit younger of a scent. I feel like more than a mature older woman can pull this scent off. As for the comparisons to Kim Kardashian's fragrance, I do smell the similarities. I can smell the Tuberose and Gardenia underneath the fruit scent. Both of the fragrances contain these floral elements. I could easily wear both. I personally find that D&E is a more affordable perfume, so I could picture myself repurchasing this in the future. It could easily become a signature scent of mine! :)

This is the second Liz Taylor fragrance that I own. I also own Sparkling White Diamonds. I enjoy SWD for different reasons than I do D&E! I feel that Diamonds and Emeralds is a wonderful scent for spring and summer and that SWD is a great fall and winter scent! Although, I could wear either at any time of the year. I feel like I will use them interchangeably within my collection of fragrances.

I feel that the Liz Taylor brand makes their fragrances in good quality and I will purchase more of her products in the future!

I recommend this scent! :)

firstinthedance
firstinthedance

This is one of those strong, sweet perfumes that I have to be in the mood for. Sometimes I LOVE it, other times, it is just a bit too much. At first, it is a little scary with its syrupy sweet fruit cocktail opening. Thankfully, the fruit fades to an acceptable level and, on me, the dry down is gorgeous and long lasting. Gardenia, rose, amber, vanilla, musk, a hint of powder, and a bit of tangy fruit to add interest. This isn't an everyday fragrance for me, but it is a keeper.

Aeris
Aeris

I'm a little disappointed in this blind buy. I was expecting a white floral mixed with peach (in a Southern Georgia Belle sort of way), but I can only smell the white flowers. That's not a bad thing, but it reminds me of a few perfumes I already own (Fracas, Madonna Truth or Dare, Kim Kardashian, etc...). The expected peach note would've been enough to distinguish it from the rest, but I could barely smell it. And honestly, when I'm in the mood for a white floral fragrance, this is one of my last choices. It is not bad though. I actually like it. Wearing it to sleep makes me feel like I'm taking a nap in a field of white flowers (which is a good thing), but I won't be repurchasing it.
I've noticed that peach notes are generally hard to get right. In fact, ironically the only decent one I've found was in the (super affordable) Paris by Paris Hilton Passport Collection.
I'm sorry Elizabeth Taylor, you still have some other fragrance s that I would gladly repurchase though.

bronwen80
bronwen80

Beautiful combination of tuberose, peach, lilly of the valley and a touch of carnation,
This is truly a beautiful scent that your skin will just drink in and adapt to. I would say if you enjoy Truth Or Dare you will fall head over heels for this. This is not a scent for a wallflower but rather a woman that walks into a room and instantly owns it!!

StarrySky101
StarrySky101

This perfume was a blind buy, and one of my first Elizabeth Taylor perfumes. I love the richness and longevity of the scent and one spray on the neck and wrist stays put all day. I have received many compliments on the scent and the smell of peach and gardenia is always trailing behind me. All in all, I'm glad I bought this perfume and it will definitely be a favourite from now on.

christ0pher
christ0pher

Just got this gem recently and it is definitely living up to it's powerhouse of a lineage.

My skin drinks down frags like nothing, not even Flowerbomb has any sillage or lasting on me. But just a light spritz of Emerald on the base of my neck is strong enough!

With a nice sheer spray I can really enjoy the peach and more vintage-y white, fresh floral-ness of this fragrance, but if applied normally on the pulse points it gets really dense and thick and can almost taste the "Green-ness" in my mouth, not exactly my cup of tea. But I'm only 20 years old and I could see myself using this as an everyday sort of smell. I'm tempted to try the "Spray a cloud and walk through method".

candyaddict
candyaddict

To be honest, I can't really pick out the notes in Diamonds and Emeralds except for maybe peach and tuberose. I can remember the first time I smelled it in a magazine. I rubbed it on my wrist and fell in love with it instantly! I wore this in the early 90's and just recently purchased another bottle. It is really strong, I have to apply it with a light hand. In my opinion, this is one of Elizabeth Taylor's best fragrances!

mrsames77
mrsames77

Another one I have had for many years and still love. To me it is sweet and sexy. I used to save it for when we went out.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Someone said Versace Blonde and I have to agree! I love Versace Blonde and Emeralds IS very much like it - perhaps a bit sweeter and softer on the dry down which makes it perfect for me.I've noticed lately that all the heavy fragrances I used to love smell strangely harsh these days (my nose must have changed!). I've ordered this one. It may become my signature!

Update: I finally got my bottle. So disappointed :(
On paper it was very much like Versace Blonde but on me it just turns too sweet and ordinary. Having said that, I have been told that I smell nice when I wear it so I'll keep it - but not a signature for me sadly.

RebelPrincessx2u
RebelPrincessx2u

Rock'n Roll? 1 2 1234! This is the kind of scent I like to wear at concerts or if I have a really "rocker" outfit. Get out your ciggarettes and leather gloves and jackets my friends...Elizabeth Taylor's Diamonds and Emeralds is ready to rock you! This screams "I'm a vintage vamp!" Gardenia and Peach is noticeable to me, along with a smokey base...which must be the amber. I don't wear this too much because I have to be in the mood for "I'm a total bad-ass!" I don't smoke--but if I want to give off that cool attitude this perfume will do that for me. Diamonds and Emeralds lasts about 3-6 hours on my skin which is awesome-because who wants to reapply it at a big concert bash and risk losing Elizabeth's masterpiece in the mosh-pit? Not me! haha! This is a heavy floral and strong but much more sweet and powdery than White Diamonds. I love it on a summer or sping night and a winter or fall day! Awesome :D I love many of her perfumes, but this one is missed when I don't have it at a concert :/ This is most likely my 3rd favorite Liz perfume! If you aren't into that smokey after scent you may want to reconsider...otherwise it's pretty different and gorgeous <3

jesseg
jesseg

get few jasmine petals, crush them n squeeze all the juices out
add few drops of water n let them sleep over night
voila diamonds and emeralds

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Bottle #3 of Elizabeth Taylor's fumes I now own, and I'm happy I do. Blind purchases all, and somehow I just could feel the trust she put into making them. These are fragrances that are well-made, well-formulated and just plain smell good. They are becoming classics in their own right.
Diamonds and Emeralds begins as a creamy soup of a myriad of flowers. If you're not into a prominence of florals. walk away from this perfume. If you are, step into a heavenly delight. This is a fragrance that needs to be either sprayed lightly on your wrists, sprayed in the air and walked through or sprayed on a cotton ball and dabbed. Either way, judicious spraying is the hallmark of using Diamonds and Emeralds for its best effect.
It is heady with creamy floral notes that swirl around you in a bouquet. If flowers could talk, this would be them euphoniously conversing. And talk well they do at this major floral expedition that bursts out well around you. For me, the roses, tuberose, gardenia and carnations are bursting at full bloom.
The base brings patchouli and musk, along with tonka beans, amber and vanilla to mellow this power-house. It stays strong for hours on end, until you wash it off. Another idea is to spray it on a scarf instead, where it will last for days.
Creaminess abounds, but this time, in a more subtle way. There is a green crispness to Diamonds & Emeralds that reminds me of when you snap fresh, organic greens and your kitchen begins to take on the clean fresh smell of snap peas, or any type of greens for that matter, as you are diligently breaking the ends off. The fresh aroma is inviting of what's yet to come. Now think of a cream sauce you're preparing for those fresh vegetables, one that's light, peppered with just a few spices, more of a french sauce and it's simmering on the stove. The windows are open and the breeze brings in snippets of the flowers you've planted this past spring.
It's not a sensory overload, just everyday living and you're right in the middle of some delectable aromas. Now open your eyes and you're wearing Diamonds & Emeralds.
Confident, day-time women that understand a fragrance will appeal to this scent, I believe. A great value for your money. Available in both drug-store and department stores in the USA, where Elizabeth Taylor wanted women of all socio-economic backgrounds to enjoy her perfumery.

Leonore
Leonore

More fruity than floral, it seems. I can detect no gardenia. The tuberose element (which I was dreading) is thankfully not too noticeable. I wish I could smell more floral notes, however, they get lost in a sea of apricots & peaches. It's a nice perfume, quite inoffensive if sprayed judiciously. Reminds me vaguely of Trésor de Lancôme. I do not regret having bought it unsniffed (based on some of the reviews) but I still like White Diamonds better.

celebrity89
celebrity89

An OK soft scent. Reminds me of Blonde by Versace.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Today I had the pleasure of sampling this fragrance, and find myself amazed at the notes as listed here.

I could have sworn there was a good deal of sweet melon in this, honeydew to be specific. The florals blend nicely with it, but I smell no patchouli whatsoever!!

Even though I cannot wear this perfume well, I find myself admiring the balanced composition. And since I also tried Madonna's Truth or Dare today, I can say that T or D is not much at all like Diamonds and Emeralds. The only connection ( to my nose ) would be the gardenia. But they are constructed very differently.....

This is also true of Kim Kardashian's gardenia centered scent. All three contain gardenia, though each is quite a bit different than the others. On my skin, all of these fragrances are miles apart!

crikat

Need to write a cool-weather review to update my opinion on this. Unlike the first try, this time the mandarin hangs around, freshening the other fruits while the florals do their flower-dance, with the jasmine and tuberose playing hide-and-seek in a mist of ambery vanillic musk, with tonka bean murmuring in the background, "keep it going." Softens to fresh-spicy after about 6 hours and is still doing a skin-dance the next morning. Love it!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I tried White Diamonds and it agreed with me and my chemistry. I enjoy scents I can smell on myself that waft and linger and that I don't have to reapply like many of the bubble-gum pop star watery scents on the market right now. So, I wanted to try one of the last in the "Diamonds" line I haven't yet, the Emerald Queen.
I ordered it for dirt cheap off of a discount website and it was in my hands within three days.
I spritzed three generous sprays on my arm and the back of my neck last night before just lounging around the house. My husband LOVES this. If you don't like gardenia, white flowers of most types, magnolia or peachy/apricot scents, stay far, far away from this. If you do enjoy those, and big heady 80's like perfumes that are not afraid to make a statement, you will undoubtedly enjoy this. I do think that this is a bit synthetic smelling...it most certainly is not a Guerlain, but I am impressed with the quality of the ingredients for the price tag, the amount of bang for your buck, and the longevity. It smells very much like Paul Sebastian's Design, which is also a big fruity white floral. I think that heat would make this perfume stifling and oppressive, so this time of year in the US is perfect to wear such a strong lovely scent. (Feb.-Mar.). As another reviewer so well mentioned, it hints at something warm to come...the perfect late winter/Spring is around the corner scent. This has that vanilla note you all know I am crazy about if you have read any of my other reviews, and I know I will enjoy this for a long time to come! Tonight I am going to wear this out in a small amount layered over Bath & Body Works Vanilla Noir (which has been discontinued, but I think will work perfectly w/Emerald.)

*** Note: I don't get the same vibe from this as Fracas which I have owned. They may be similar because of the tuberose note, but where that was more linear on my skin, this is complex with the addition of many, many more notes. If anything I would say it is more similar to Sand & Sable by Coty, Michael, by Michael Kors, or Radiance by Britney Spears. I haven't ever smelled Madonna's Truth or Dare, so can't compare it to that.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

I swear this perfume smells very very similar to Kim Kardashian Kim Kardashian and Truth or Dare by Madonna.. Well more similar to the first one..
In no way this is old fashioned, neither is Kim's perfume in my opinion.. Madonna's maybe a little but in a wonderful way... I don't get how can people say old fashioned for such a fresh elegant womanly scent.. If this is what an old lady smells like then call me old lady! I don't care! I'm 23 btw!
Anyway, this smells a lot like lily and jasmine and then tuberose.
I love it and I would purchase for myself if I hadn't got Kim Kardashian already (and Madonna's).
It is a daytime scent in my opinion but depending the ocassion it could easily be worn in the evening!
Lovely and dear perfume to me. It's like "I smell good and I don't care what people say cause I'm so extravagantly beautiful" kind of scent!!

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

These Elizabeth Taylor fragrances are a real revelation for me! This is the second I tried (and bought!), and I like it as much ad Diamonds and Rubies. Here there's the same peachy note than in Diamonds and rubies, but then the gardenia and tuberosa become very prominent on my skin (while in DAR the rose is the more pronounced note).
This fragrance reminds me of Madonna Truth or dare, but a more grown up, less cloying sweet version.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I bought this based upon the notes, and the fact that I find Elizabeth Taylor's fragrances intriguing.
Interesting fragrance. I won't call it pretty. This fragrance to me is the epitome of a very early spring day, a March day, where there is still a lot of snow on the ground but running water is trickling. It's very cold, crisp, and a little bit melancholy, but warmer days are just around the corner! Those days will bring the peaches, flowers and yummy food and drinks that are almost found in this, but everything is not quite ready yet. This is a kind of cool fragrance that hints of things to come.
Kind of mischievous, teasing, playful. Lots of mystery still to this one.

Another full-on glam fragrance from Liz. This is full of ripe peach and gardenia in equal doses. This smells related to Diamonds and Rubies, because they both have that strong peach note supported by florals, but where Rubies uses spices, Emeralds uses gardenia. (I haven't tried Sapphires yet). I think this smells rich, mature, elegant, and mildly sweet. I have come to one conclusion - Ms. Taylor did not care much for trends. Her perfumes are timeless, and have character. Wear this with a strut in your step. I am actually surprised I like this, but I do.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Geeze this is one sexy fragrance. I bought it blindly due to the reviews on here and many of the notes which appeared to be to my taste and wow I am blown away this is deliciously tropical but classy and timeless a really beautiful perfume. If you shy away from this due to the fear of it being White Diamonds do not fear - this is more of a modern juice with lots of fruity accords - think creamy rhubarb crumble, coconutty goodness and lots of other delicious notes. Though personally I am a big fan of white diamonds and this does share some of the sparkling base notes but only very slightly. I am a big fan of Taylor's scents the only one I cannot stand is Black Pearls as it is too sweet and sickly on me. I say give the Emeralds/Rubies/Sapphires a go as they are really are hidden 'gems'. This might even become one of my top fives. I am going to stock up

crikat

Got this as a blind buy (I should know better...) based on the notes. I longed for lily-of-the-valley, tuberose and a great big breath of gardenia to sweep me away. What I got was a puff of peach that made a little bed of patchouli on my skin and lay down for a nice, long nap. Not bad in any way, but a peach ain't a white flower, no matter how you slice it, so I'm a bit disappointed. I'll try this one again in cool weather to see what happens.

girlsworld
girlsworld

I bought this one to add to my collection of Elizabeth Taylor fragrances. I have to share this with you, on the day the fragrance arrived I wore it, a pleasant light floral nothing heavy on me - anyway I went into town with my partner, we stopped to look at a jewellery shop window, cutting a long story short, went inside and saw an emerald and diamond ring, tried it on and my partner purchased it for me !! I think Liz wanted me to have that ring, I didn't realise until later that day I had been wearing this fragrance what a coincidence ! So ladies I recommend wearing this before shopping with the other half you may find yourself inside the jewellers !!

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

After purchasing Diamonds & Rubies and Diamonds & Sapphires at bargain prices for 100ML! I couldn't resist completing the set with Diamonds & Emeralds after finding it -also- for a bargain price in the generous amount of 100ML.

Diamonds & Rubies and Diamonds & Sapphires are 'Ok', to 'nice'. It's Diamonds & Emeralds that I should've found and purchased first! It's absolutely wonderful!

It's a white flower bouquet with a hint of mandarine an embrace of vanilla and a seductive orange blossom flavoured patchouli. The first thing that struck me when I sprayed this is its likeness to Truth or Dare by Madonna.
But where Truth or Dare is by many perceived as aggressive and too overpowering to the point of nausea; Diamonds & Emeralds is an elegant soft white flower garden that aims to please yet never tries to 'smother' you. (if sprayed with a bit of caution!)

Tuberose, gardenia, white rose and a dash of lily with a veil of patchouli. It's wonderfully soft and sexy. Yet noticeable without being in your face. It's perfect for people who liked the idea or some accords of Truth or Dare and couldn't handle the 'harsh' tone the white flowers develop on some.

It's perfect for all occasions due to its sheer yet gentle prettiness. It's very affordable and to my nose the best Elizabeth Taylor fragrance I have smelled thus far. I will use it and purchase it again.

Silage is: "I am holding a wonderful white flower bouquet with a high note of tuberose and gardenia and a hint of orange blossom smoked in patchouli" --Longevity is: "Why leave when I can stay until tomorrow?"

A beautiful scent and IMO a must sample for white flower lovers and all those people who would like to smell a softer more elegant version of Truth or Dare. Love it!

phia143
phia143

I really wanted to like this one because it has all the scents that i love white rose, gardenia, apricot, juicy peach, and hyacinth!!! But sadly it has a strong stinky smell to it. Do you remember when you were a kid and smelled a yellow daisy for the first time? Instead of a beautiful floral scent you get an unexpectedly stinky scent. That is what happened to me when i smelled this perfume. I sprayed it on my skin hoping the stinky scent would fade away but no luck :

Geez, some people have really ripped this perfume to shreds. On the contrary, not only do I think it's the best flanker after White Diamonds, but it's actually surprisingly youthful and pretty. I found Sapphires and Rubies to be really weird (for lack of a better word). They are unique, yet just plain weird. As soon as I smelled Emeralds, I thought it was the perfect perfume for a really classy Southern Belle, a Georgia peach kind of girl. Emeralds opens with the scent of a peach bellini. It might be the nicest peachy perfume I've ever smelled, even more realistic than Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie. I have discriminating tastes, so that's a tremendous compliment for a dirt-cheap discount store perfume. The drydown was a surprisingly earthy blend of peach, patchouli, and vanilla. Very pretty. This doesn't smell like an old lady whatsoever.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

What a fabulous deep scent!!! Fantastic composition of sweet flowers,vanilla,tonka and fruits. This is an seductive, attractive and powerful perfume,.....amazing
Sex apelle!
MUST HAVE!

I have an EDT and therefore is not so strong, but stays long on my skin anyway. Must say that I apply it generously.

And probably you won't believe, but it has something,... some notes (when dries down).. it reminds somehowe of Tierry Mugler Womanity.

Update review
I't very cold outside today and I'm wearing this beautiful fragrance today. It's really great! So warm and misterious sweet. I'm in the middle of this cloud of fantastic smell .....wooow it's so nice, I think I could eat it. Today I adooooore this smell! And honestly the more I wear it the more I love it.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

When gardenia meets diamonds and sapphires you get this! I cant quite decide which of these three i like the most. They all basically have the same base but the top notes are different. Rubies is a beautiful beast and sapphires is wonderful but doesnt play nicely with others. I love it but it tends to not want to interact with me and sits on top of my skin. Emeralds is easily the most wearable of the three i think, but i will always have a place for the others :-)

pippab
pippab

After about 20 years of forgetting all about this fragrance, I have re-discovered it. I don't particularly like 'Rubies' or 'Sapphires' but 'Diamonds and Emeralds' is something else!

As a lover of orientals, I was of the opinion that perhaps I just didn't like Tuberose, and so swapped my bottle of Fracas for Clinique Aromatics Elixir. I usually lean towards French fragrances, but I just didn't 'get' Fracas at all.

With 'Emeralds' the compliments keep coming and the price is very attractive. I love it and if you can get the EDP, its staying power lasts a million years and the projection is HUGE!

Tala
Tala

I am actually surprised to like this. I thought having Gardenia it will smell like GARDENIA by Elizabeth Taylor!!! well it doesn't. To me smells really sophisticated and fresh. A summer day breeze, or a huge bundle of white flowers with some grass notes in the background. Don't like her Sapphire but this is a winner.

madhatter1
madhatter1

I did remember liking it, not ashamed. It smelled sweet back in the 90's. Wore it at nite, for going out.You didnt need too much as usual with ET scents.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

"A breeze of white roses and gardenia?" More like a gust! It's like Liz - and I love her by the way - said to the perfumier: "Let's toss EVERYTHING in and see if they buy it!" And that's just what it is; a perfumed tossed salad. It's not bad if you want to totally disgust people or head off those sexual advances at the pass. For brave souls only. (Oh, and I'd like to know what perfume Liz REALLY wore while she was busy churning out her eponymous perfumes-for-the-masses.)

gatsby
gatsby

RIP Dame Elizabeth! you'll be missed

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

First of all, this fragrance is NOT for everyone as it is extremely potent, garishly floral, and a bit 'old lady'... Yet somehow, I kind of like it sometimes.

To even be able to pull this one off, I have to dress equally dramatic, which I don't always have the drive or time to do. However, if done right, Diamonds & Emeralds can actually end up being quite elegant, or you can wear it in a purposefully ironic sort of way. You have to think of it in the context of an entire image, not just the fragrance by itself. I couldn't imagine wearing it with jeans & a t-shirt.

Bottom line is: smell this one first! Or, if by chance you have an extreme gardenia fetish, just buy it! But however you wear it, for whatever reason & for whatever occasion, please, for the love of God & the sake of us all, spray it once -- twice at the most.

katyas
katyas

The first time I tried this scent, I actually recoiled from it - it smelled bitter and of chemicals. It took a long time to work up the nerve to try it again, but tonight I decided to try again because the notes are all ones that I really like, so using a VERY light hand, I spritzed it on and received a pleasant surprise. I don't know what happened the first day - maybe I had something weird going on with my blood or something - but today the scent is very nice. It does take a light hand as the scent is fairly intense, but it is also soft and sort of sweet and powdery without being overwhelmingly so. This is a very complex scent and my nose isn't sophisticated enough to catch any one scent - I just smell sweet with a tang underscored with powder (I don't know where they get Oriental - I don't smell any type of spicy at all) and really quite like it. While it isn't my normal fare (I tend to lean toward either spicy or floral) it will be a nice change of pace for those days when I'm looking for something "different" to wear.

guest_deeksha
guest_deeksha

i really like this perfume.its fabulous.its seductive n fresh.ooh its amazing.i would ask everbody to try it once its ultimate.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This has to be the worst I've ever smelled unless I had an old bottle,I was collecting all the "diamonds" scents I like Brilliant and Sparkling and the original and rubies and sapphires well this was the last one I bought and no doubt I wanted to return this and I did! What is up with this perfume? It smells like medicine like minty and just gross! It reminds me of Baby Phat Seductive goddess.They are very similar and gross.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

YEP.........NOT ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!! I CANNOT STAND GARDINIA!!! We all got over that scent in the 80's thankfully! Who wants to re-live that time again? Not me, thats for sure. Its very strong and lasts a long long time, surprisingly for such an inexpensive perfume, it lasts a long long time.

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

With this perfume, you either love it or hate it. I am surprised myself that I love this kind of oldies and strong perfume when I was only 18 back then in 1993. I hate the bottle design though. And hate it that in fact this is a perfume by Elizabeth Taylor. I like her as the goddess of 50's Hollywood siren, but I feel odd wearing a perfume at the age of 18 represent by the face of a granny (although she is beautiful though). I will not say this is one of my favourite perfume. But I love to say, this is one of the perfume that I find it smells so different from other. I still remember how it smells. So strong and my flatmate just hate it when I wore this.

mandi
mandi

have you ever depised the perfume of a friend or loved one but just couldn't bring your self to say it out loud?

well if you have, then you'll exactly how i feel about this concoction.

it has a putrid scent that i find nauseating and quite seriously sometimes i detect a note that smells like (you guessed it) vomit.

but the really tricky part is that my mom seems to love this stinker and wears it to special events.

i don't know how to tell her how that she should never wear this scent.

so i'm left in a dilemma do i tell her and possibly hurt her feelings or do i continue to suffer in silence while my mom to her disadvantage continues to wear a horrid scent.

TigerLady
TigerLady

This came in a promotional set of four spray bottles at the drugstore when they were all released. Diamonds and Emeralds, Diamonds and Rubies, Diamonds and Sapphires, and White Diamonds. This one, the "Emeralds," actually almost got me thrown out of an office on a temp job, it was so sweetly overpowering. None of the four was really very good; it was just the Elizabeth Taylor name and the idea of wearing "jewels" in a perfume that sold it to me. I don't recall ever having gotten one compliment about these, ever.

guest_naina
guest_naina

i find it v v sexy and seductive smell i really liked this perfume v much

dully28
dully28

I heat it smelle and i thought it smelled boring and very unspectacular,to me it smells really heavily floral. The only thing I like is its bottle.sorry....

snobuni77
snobuni77

This is definitely one of my favorite perfumes.It is more floral then fruity but very sweet.My boyfriend likes it but he wouldn't buy it for me on his own.When I was younger I hung out with a wild sexy older women who wore this.She gave me a sample & ever since then I have bought the big bottles for myself.
I find it very playful yet seductive.
Its definitely unique scent & it will always be a favorite of mine

Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor 3.37 out of 5 based on 221 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Emeralds, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diamonds and Emeralds by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.