Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Diamonds and Sapphires Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

ozonic
Diamonds and Sapphires Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures

This perfume was introduced in 1993 in its floral fruity composition. The top notes bring grassy lemon freshness of lily of the valley, heliotrope, melon, galbanum and juicy peach. Rose, jasmine, rhubarb, ylang-ylang and spices make the heart very seductive. The base embraces with its milky warm sandalwood along with vetiver, amber and musk.

Melon Freesia Galbanum Peach Lily-of-the-Valley

Spices Rhubarb Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vetiver

Diamonds and Sapphires Fragrance Reviews

MRowe
MRowe

Got this one in a set with the "sister" fragrances- white diamonds, diamonds and rubies and diamonds and emeralds. After checking out the others I realized that I liked this version the best and used it up well before the others.

The_Entity
The_Entity

Very sophisticated, I don't usually like fruity frags too much, but on my skin, the freesia is most prominent

glitteralex
glitteralex

I saw this on the shelf on my way out the door this morning, and, on a whim, realized I had not tried it in years. I gave a quick blast, and ran out the door...I few moments later, I was floored. The quality of the perfume far exceeded what I had remembered. The Galbanum, in the top of all places, tames the aldehydes and gives the Melon something to grab onto.

To be sure I wasn't crazy, I went back to retest. What I discovered is that the first 2 minutes can be almost unbearable- a weird synthetic Lily strapped onto Aldehydes at 200mph...but hold on, this transitions out very quickly. By minute 3 you are on a velvet blanket of Galbanum and juicy fruits. This phase is absolutely beautiful, and with none of the "rotten fruit" notes that can occur when using Melon in a heavy composition. The Galbanum is top notch quality, at least in my vintage bottle of edt. (My guess is they switched to something cheaper after the launch, but that's another day!) At minute 5, in come tangy spices, and finally we sense the spectre of original White Diamonds. At 10, this perfume is the perfect melange of spices, fruits, and resin. The florals play second fiddle, but the Rose and the Ylang are tenacuious enough to peek through. There is also a waft of Night Blooming Lily, but the deep indolic kind, not the cited LOV note. This phase lasts for quite a long time, nearly an hour, during which time I can't resist smelling my arm over & over! The drydown is indeed as stated- Sandal, Musk, and Vetiver.

All in all, this is a perfume with a lot of presence. Even in the EDT it has excellent longevity and sillage. I tested on a perfect September day- warm, dry, and breezy. I can also see wearing this in the winter, but I fear that humidity might create a cloying effect, and therefore, I would use it with caution in the spring and summer.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I get a mix between fruity and green…love it! Very fresh and pretty! No need to wait till you're "old" to wear it! Great scent for any age! I only wish the scent lasted longer. Gone within an hour of spraying on 4 or 5 good spritzes.

Mortazuma
Mortazuma

This was the only perfume from the Diamonds line that actually agreed with my body chemistry. It is a very light, barely-there fruity scent which is very wearable during daytime for pretty much any occasion. The vetiver wasn't noticeable to me (which is a good thing imo) and the main notes that stood throughout were lily of the valley, peach and rose. It is as pleasant, sweet, fresh and as appetizing as breakfast in bed.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

This is one of the fragrances I really hate, on me or on almost anybody else...sillage monster. The fact that I worked in a nursing home and half the residents wore this did not help. They were sweet old ladies and everything but I cannot stand this smell. It almost brings on a panic attack.

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

I had this on order as a blind buy but changed it to Emeralds after reading the reviews. I really don't need two Elizabeth Taylor's in my collection but I'm tempted after smelling both today. At first this reminded me of something I used to wear (Calvin Klein Eternity maybe?) not in an exact replica kind of way, just a similarity. I sprayed it hours ago and I can still smell it - YUM!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Another green that I can wear without it turning into sour sweat on me.. I normally stay away from green but this is a melon green, not a leaf or grass green..

I mainly get an aquatic melon with jasmine and lily of valley.. the peach, rose, sandalwood and other florals lay quietly in the background. I get a hint of the rhubarb but I'm not finding spices or vetivier in it.

Sillage is good but I've only been wearing for an hour so unsure of longivity yet.

I really like it and can see me wearing it in the hotter months.

sandra9
sandra9

This was a blind buy. just horrible. It gives me a headache.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is my favorite out of all of the Diamonds line.

It's fresh, floral, and sweet in a natural way. The melon and jasmine notes blend together to form one nice, aquatic, flower accord...then the freesia/rose combination sits well on the skin, and is very fresh and peppery.

More than anything, I smell a heavy lily-of-the-valley note: delicate, lady-like, classy, and very "white" in terms of smell-color relation.

All in all, this is a very fresh floral fragrance that won't offend. It's easily the most wearable of the entire Diamonds line. It's nothing like White Diamonds, so don't let the associate scare you from trying this beauty!

jmbmars
jmbmars

Nothing special. Does not project much. Longevity is about 2 to 3 hours. Be careful as Diamonds and Sapphires stains clothing severely.

celebrity89
celebrity89

This one is lke Brilliant Diamonds(my favorite Taylor scent)and Calvin Klein Eternity. OK, but not great. More interesting than Splendor.

UPDATE: I find that this rosey fragrance dries down to the same scent as Hennaluscent haircolor!

EdT. Wonderful scent. Opens a bit spicy with modern flower and non-sweet fruity notes. Great to wear every-day or to party. Very female'ish in a grown-up way. No sugarsweet or fruitysweet notes. Deep, and a bit dark flowers. I find it very modern and timeless. The Lily-on-the-valley is not dominant, that is good in my opinion. longlasting on my skin.

EdT. Superhärlig doft. Öppnar lite kryddigt med moderna blommiga och osöta fruktnoter. Fin att ha som varje-dag-doft, eller en sprejning extra - för festen. Otroligt mogen och kvinnlig doft. Aningens mörka, djupa blomnoter. Jag tycker att den är modern men utan de sötsliskiga doftnoter som oftas återfinns i parfymer idag, ändå tidlös. Liljekonvaljen är inte dominant på min hud, vilket är bra enligt min åsikt. Hållbar på huden.

har_monica
har_monica

It smells very strong initially, and after a while it smells quite dull and awful. I hate it - I got it as a gift. Do not recommend it at all

PrinceRobbie
PrinceRobbie

I adore this fragrance. More so then it's sister, White Diamonds. It's so close yet SO different. Melon, for sure, is the conquering note but the Sandalwood came through profoundly for me. Just like the original, you only need a spritz or two before it becomes very overwhelming. I made the mistake of inhaling at just the wrong time and getting a mouth full of chemicals that probably shouldn't be ingested. But it didn't turn me off! It's so fresh and can I even say it reminds me of the Ocean? It probably shouldn't with these ingredients but there is something (very small) that reminds me of Siren by Paris Hilton.
Any of the Diamonds perfumes requires a specific taste in fragrances because obviously it can really attack the senses but it was another hit on Elizabeth Taylors brand!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I should have known better than to Blind Buy this one but since I have been eyeing up both this one and Rubies (since I adore the Emeralds and the original white diamonds) and I found them at a great price I thought why not.. But I kind of knew from the notes listed this would be too cool and aquatic for my liking. This definitely pulls a slight fabric softener "ocean breeze" type of scent on my skin and is a real blast for the nostrils when you first spray it tones down to what reminds me of a mix of EA sunflowers and Ocean dream both highly popular 90's aquatic/marine scents. This could be lovely on anyone who can wear these types of scents but unfortunately I cannot do it justice as my chemistry just does not mix with anything Marine, Aquatic, watery or 'cool'.

goingblonde
goingblonde

I bought a gift set of this (blind) as it was a price I could not pass up- and knew I would/could give as a gift to someone that would enjoy .

of course I could not resist trying a tiny spritz.

It is not my cup of tea, but I do not find it repulsive at all.
I can see some enjoying it , mature people for sure.

One thing I will say about ET scents in the Diamond and Rubie's Sapphire's etc collection the bottles are not only beautiful but made so very well for sure.
They are much better quality then some of the today bottles that are plastic and cheap looking.
I admire that quality in her scents.

When I am a bit more mature then I aleady am-L.O.L I may wear these "diamond scents" :)
I think I will appreciate them as I now already do appreciate them just not to wear (yet).

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I saw an interview once with Mrs Taylor in which she explains why she wanted to make perfumes. Apparently, all the perfumes she tried she didn't like, plus a lot of perfumes smelled alike to her and she ended up layering several perfumes to get one scent she would like. Somewhat recognizing this complaint, this story sounded interesting to me. So much so, that when I saw "Diamonds & Rubies" and "Diamonds & Sapphires" for a bargain price I decided to take the risk and -blindly- purchased both.
Well, The bottles are very pretty, they remind me of her jewelry penchant (I think that is the point).
I sniffed "Diamonds & Rubies" and can say: it's a pleasant and warm oriental that I shall be wearing one day; I just haven't found the right mood for it yet.
"Diamonds & Sapphires" is another story, I sniffed it and almost got a headache! Lily of the valley, that is ALL I smell! And not in a small amount either! I guess it's a perfume that one only uses one spray of or walk through the mist after spraying it in the room. Any other form of applying is -for me- too much lily. I have it stored and am undecided about it. But just the other day I saw "Diamonds & Emeralds" for a bargain price (all these are 100ML!) Shall I succumb and purchase? For these bargain priced perfumes they never offer a tester. Hmmm

Darling Elizabeth, I am not afraid of Virginia Woolf, but your Lily is scary! x.x.x

margien
margien

Nice floral scent, not especially fruity to me. First I get a lot of lily. Then, at a certain point in the drydown, it made me think of L'eau d'Issey from Issey Miyake, and Escape from Calvin Klein, and when I checked I saw that both had melon as (one of the) most intensive note observed. It is a very typical note, the melon. I have the idea that melon is responsible for a lot of the 'watery' effect in a perfume.
But Diamonds and Sapphires is different from Escape and l´eau d´Issey (luckily because I do not like either much). After a few months: it turns out to be too much l'eau d'issey for me, I can't wear it and I will give it away...

iloveperfume1992
iloveperfume1992

Very sharp, cool, juicy and flowery smell, can not feel any spices at all. Remind me some of the E. Arden perfumes. It would be good for hot summer days, not for the night time and evening gown. Do not want to say that it is a cheap smell, but it is not an expensive one. Lasts for 2-3 hours only. Not the best of the ET perfumes.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Another nice soft classic and timeless scent. I would classified it as a clean daily perfume, a bit soapy at the beginning because of the sharp smell of melon. But when the melon settles down it evolves to a creamy-floral and peachy scent with a little powder over it.
I couldn't say that this is one of my favorites, but yes, there are the days over the year, when I absolutelly love it, and this is mostly during the winter time.
Anyhow it's very romantic and feminine scent.
I think any perfume lover should have it, it's Elizabeth Taylors ... it's like a legend. And the same could be said for Diamonds and Emeralds and Diamonds and Rubies as well. They are really good price value and as I said- timeless, a must have for any serious perfume portfolio.

pearl1978
pearl1978

This one smells exactly like ming shu from yves rocher...i can find no differerence. I have them both. It smells like tropical flower and very watery and fresh at the same time. It stays on me for 6 hours, wich is so much better than ming shu from yves rocher thats stays only for 2 hours.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Its the floral ive always wanted! Aww elizabeth how did you know?! Reminds me a lot of joy by jean patou which ive been wanting but i probably wont need it with this. I was the most anxious to try this one because of the day and night reviews it gets, and i dont have one bad thing to say about it whatsoever. I got this today with diamonds and rubies but decided to try the rubies first. Out of curiousity i put like a 16th of a spray of this on my wrist. Just got the atomizer to spit a little bit and i can smell it over the rubies. I am impressed -furrows brow-. Very powerful so be mindful of it!

P.S. I think i figured out why people dont like this. It has a mimic of red door somewhere in the middle/dry down. Not too many people are fans of that

hector
hector

I bought this as a present for my mother, based on your revievs.
It was a nice surprise, to me it smells fresh, flowery, bright and it does remind me of Sunflowers.
My mother is a strong, self confident wonan, so i hope she will like it too.
Now i can't wait to try the other perfumes of Elizabeth Taylors collection.
Thank you all for your revievs!

I agree with those who say it smells like Elizabeth Ardens' Sunflowers. To me it smells like that in the beginning. But then the drydown is really horrible and smells like a rotten fruit or something similar. Not recommendable.

reidb18
reidb18

Love the smell of Diamonds and Sapphires on women it says recommended for office wear HELL YES smells very classy and sophisticated. but there's one aspect of this perfume I dislike I just can't put my finger on it, one of the notes that comes out about 10-15 minutes after being sprayed on has a off smell to it smells like orchid or lily or something if that note could be removed or toned down it would be much nicer. 3 1/2 stars.

darcy2
darcy2

I used to have a bottle of this, used it up and am thinking of getting it again, as I saw it at T.J. Maxx for a good price. It is my favorite of E.T fragrances. Like someone else mentioned, it does remind me of Perry Ellis 360; but the melon note in 360 is too strong for me, so I like this on better. Definitely a day time fragrance for me, I find it very cheerful.

deeannek
deeannek

Diamonds and Saphires was always my favorite of the group. I am wearing it today in her honor. Oh by the way it smells fantastic. A well blended floral-fruity long lasting and original I think. It is elegant and could be worn day or night.

At first spritz, Sapphires reminds me so much of Perry Ellis 360. It must be the melon in the top notes. I prefer 360 over this one. The drydown is pretty strong on vetiver. Sapphires smells somewhat synthetic and strangely like something I would expect J-Lo to put out. I'm not knocking J-Lo. I own and love three of her fragrances. But I think Sapphires smells very young and fruity and would sell better under a more contemporary name.

orchidlover
orchidlover

I'm disappointed about this frag.
Completely smells like E.Arden Sunflowers, but it is more floral. I smell only the lily of the valley (I don't like this note if it is too strong) and some awful mixture of fruits.
Sunflowers and this one are another exapmles of the old-fashioned smell perfumes for me.
Pity, because I love the bottle itself, but the frag..and the color of the liquid are awful.

I TOTALLY agree with Sonia! This perfume is sooo sophisticated! It is UNBELIEVABLE that this kind of perfume is available for SUCH a good price!
EXCELLENT!!
ACtion

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

Nyoka, that's hilarious! I don't feel that way about Diamonds and Sapphires but I do feel exactly the same about Diamonds and Emeralds. It either comes down to skin chemistry or perhaps an old bottle that went bad.

Actually, Diamonds and Sapphires comes across as a light, green, jasmine/rose/freesia blend on my skin, with a touch of musk and vetiver in the drydown. It's very nice for summer, maybe for a summer evening. It doesn't seem to have the sillage of ET's other fragrances on my skin, however. But that's fine; I am collecting as many ET fragrances as I can and I can get many of them for very cheap at discount stores like T.J. Maxx or A.J. Wright's. I think most of her fragrances are either very distinctive, lush and sophisticated, or light, feminine and pretty.

nyoka
nyoka

I guess I got a bottle that had gone BAD.Because,IT was the most Stinky fume Ive ever smelled.IT smelled like a bar of ivory soap that some big hairy,tobacco chewing truckdriver had showered with at a quickie shower place along the way.He had concentrated the bath to his private regions and left the hairs behind(FROM UNDER ARMS).IT may smell like Heaven on sum,but to me,it took body scrub and 3 showers to get off and I still smelled musky.I love her other scents and like I said b4 my bottle must have gone bad.I gifted it to a neighbor who smells bad all the time anyway.She loves it,so it didnt go to waste!!!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I LOVE THIS SCENT!!! It smells like "Money" to me! That is the only way I can describe this scent in layman's terms. It smells like crisp green money! Its all a matter of perception I guess. You can get this in a EDP 1oz bottles but the EDT is much more beautiful smelling. WILL ALWAYS LOVE THIS SCENT FOREVER.

guest_1bighairfan
guest_1bighairfan

I think this perfume is O.K.-it makes me smell sort of like a tangerine-You do have to use alot of it,if you want to smell it for a few hours...I wish it lasted stronger longer....

CaraMia
CaraMia

Well I'll be darned! I bought an inexpensive bottle of the EDP online and I am very pleased and impressed by Diamonds and Sapphires. While ET was an early "celebrity" fragrance seller, I think that all the later use of celebs may have made us too dismissive of this line.

Diamonds and Sapphires does indeed sparkle with the bright opening as you would expect from the freesia, muguet and fruits in the initial blast and the sparkle does not wear off as the scent develops. The rhubarb note, so shrill in newer scents, is not allowed to screech here and is heavily tempered by spices and another deeper darker lily that is unnamed in the notes listed here. I certainly can't ID it but it's there and with the ylang it brings a "blue" note to an otherwise bright composition. Overall I would classify this as a "cool" scent. Not "cool" in a slangy way, but despite a tad of amber and a hint of musk this one is not warm and cuddly.

I can't say I agree with those who'd classify this as a night time fragrance as I think the scent would work well for a brunch or luncheon event. In a very small amount it could even go to the office with you. And with the ridiculously low prices out there, it's a steal for tose looking for a bright lily scent.

gucci
gucci

this fragrance is very fruity and sophisticated i love it i smelt it from and old friend of mine

snobuni77
snobuni77

I finally got a mini of this & I am very glad I did!!!I have used & loved diamonds & emeralds for about 10 years now so I was very excited to try the others.
This one is just a delightful.I have always been a fan of Lily of the Vally & although the Ylang Ylang is a little to prominent It doesn't hurt it at all...I still like this a lot.

I have always herd while buying my Diamonds & Emeralds that this line was mainly old lady perfumes...but I don't believe that is true at all!
These are beautiful scents for beautiful women who love to look & smell good

sharyssa
sharyssa

This is a very strong but elegant scent of lilly of the valley and peach in the opening then when it starts to dry down I can detect the ylang ylang and rose it is a very classy nightime fragrance not for the office but it would definantly work for an evening of a broadway show and a nice dinner worn with an evening gown and some Jimmy Choo's on her feet I think the woman who wears this would be stunning!

Diamonds and Sapphires by Elizabeth Taylor 3.16 out of 5 based on 182 ratings and 39 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Sapphires, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diamonds and Sapphires by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diamonds and Sapphires by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.