Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Gardenia Elizabeth Taylor for women

Gardenia Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor is a Floral fragrance for women. Gardenia was launched in 2003. Top notes are lily-of-the-valley and green leaves; middle notes are gardenia, peony and orchid; base notes are musk and carnation.

Lily-of-the-Valley Green Leaves

Gardenia Peony Orchid

Musk Carnation

Tourmaline
White Gardenia

Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

I really do like this gardenia fragrance, even if it does not smell exactly like gardenias. It smells more like a mixed white floral with notes of green. The initial blast is so refreshing and cool for a hot summer day, the die down is quick and doesn't last long on my skin - about an hour on me. Since it is so inexpensive, I think nothing of carrying it around with me and spritzing as often as I like. I do receive more compliments from men each time I wear it than some of my pricier perfumes. It is not a complex scent at all, simple really - which makes it ideal for hot, humid Southern summers.
I love, LOVE the scent of gardenias and have yet to find a perfume that fully captures their sensuous, sultry essence. So...here is what I do until I find the one: there is a maker of perfume oils called Global Scent Co. out of Ohio (who knew?!?!). I have been going to Renaissance Festivals for years and GSC has always had a kiosk there. Their oils are the highest quality and longest-lasting I have found, and the gardenia oil smells EXACTLY like gardenias on me, unlike others I've tried (including The Body Shop's disappointing rendition). I buy some every year. I like to mix it with the Body Shop's White Musk oil, then spray Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia over it. This will last almost all day on me and I smell just like a gardenia when the summer sun pulls its essence out into the air. It is intoxicating!
If anyone knows of a true gardenia perfume, pleas let me know.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Pefferaine, You definitely caught my attention! My gardenia just bloomed and I find gardening quite fascinating, so I guess I should give it a try;) I've been searching for a genuine, nature-related gardenia scent. Maybe this one will be the one? Especially as I really appreciate classics.

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

This is a nice enough gardenia fragrance. Unfortunately, I wanted it to be a fresh gardenia scent, lush and tropical.

What I get however, is waxy and green. It smells as if there are a couple of gardenia flowers placed on a bowl of waxed fruit. It is not a candle-like wax, but rather polished.

peferrarine

A couple of weeks ago i described this fragrance from a point of view that changed a bit, so I think is only fair to add a little something.

I previously said (two comments below): "If i could describe this fragrance as a person, it would be a lady (maybe in her forties or fifties), wearing an straw hat, on her knees, planting bushes of gardenias, messing with the ground, wiping the sweat of her face and leaving soil on it."

Well, sometime i do get this feeling, but another times, i get a completely different one. Let's imagine a feudal reality, with castles and castes and everything. This fragrance makes me think about a peasant. But not just ANY peasant, but that girl, sun tanned, who works at the palace gardens. She's beautiful, and every time you walk past her she exudes a mix of white flowers (cause you know, she works with them), soil and sweat. She's often dirty, but not a 'gross' dirty. A 'working with plants' kinda dirty. Almost like a gardener-fantasy-fetish from some cheap romantic novel.

Anyway, i guess it really depend on your mood. You could be calm and serene, or you could be sexy and raw. Sillage is not GREAT, but not disappointing either. Longevity is medium. Projects for a couple hours, then settle into some sweet-musky skin scent.

Mattysmum
Mattysmum

I blind bought this based on reviews. This is not the thick creamy intoxicating scent i associate with real gardenias! Instead its an overly sweet, aquatic and light potion best suited to spring. Not for me at all. I have a full bottle(with box) if anyone wants to swap(uk)?

A beautiful fragrance.

At first, an explosion of green and flowery notes.
After a few minutes, the musk appears. At least on my skin, the musk is quite strong, and gives me a dirty (kinda earthy) vibe, and i think that the carnation must be involved in that feeling.

The sweet flowery note of the gardenia is surrounding everything. Indeed smells like a bush of flowers, with the green of the wet leaves, mixed with the sweetness of the flowers and the musky earthy vibe of the ground.

Although i really like it, i don't know if it's for me. I have to wear it a few more times, on different occasions to see if my chemistry agrees with it.

I constantly get the desire to sniff my wrists and get that beautiful flower note, but the musky earthy note sometimes get me like a slap in my face.

A very nice fragrance indeed, but not for everyone.

Update: In my skin, this fragrance exudes a sweet flower smell, almost like its flower cousin, Tiaré (with the coconut milk and everything), but if sniffed on skin, the green musky notes are more perceptable.

Also, the bottle is BEAUTIFUL. Classic, vintage, simple and elegant. Looks like something you leave to decorate.

Renata tang
Renata tang

The bottle is gorgeous! Vintage style, simple and delicate, i do not understand why some people saying it is ugly.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I never had a favorite Liz Taylor perfume, until now! All I can smell is gardenias, all I want to smell is gardenias. My only small quibble, is that it is a soapy gardenia. Other than that it is perfection personified. I love it! All I need is 2 sprays and it lasts forever. Good silage and awesome lasting power. Just, beautiful.

glambert
glambert

This is one of my favorite Elizabeth Taylor perfumes, second only to Violet Eyes. In Gardenia I can smell the gardenia, peony, lily of the valley, and green leaves notes. My only complaint about it is that it has a very poor longevity. I wouldn't buy a full size of this because it does not last on me at all. It is a pleasant floral skin scent but it has no staying power.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Very green, fresh, tropical smelling gardenia. Surprisingly not as heady as I was expecting, it's very well behaved for a ET fragrance and isn't overpowering. A bit on the green side rather than riper flowers, not too sweet. Not too formal for a white floral but something you could wear everyday.

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

Bought at TJ Maxx for $9.99. Outside of an Avon Fragrance, this is probably the most impressive moderately priced perfume I've tried. For Gardenia/white flower LOVERS, it is worth a try.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This one is one of the fragrances that reminds me about my aunt. She was wearing it frequently. My mother was thinking to buy this one for herslef, in the memory of her sister. It is a floral, delightful fragrance for spring!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Pure, shameless gardenia in a bottle. I agree that this perfume smells exactly like a Gardenia bush, but there is something synthetic floating around on my skin after it's sprayed that makes it unbearable to my nose. I purchased mine at Marshall's, as I see a lot of you have, so I'm not sure if I got an older bottle - which is very possible. It just has a very strong plastic scent. It's such a pretty flower, if only...

wjones35
wjones35

Finally just bought a bottle at TJMaxx for $10. It smells exactly like a gardenia bush. My husbands dad planted one in their yard. After he passed away, my husband planted part of it in our yard. When it's blooming, and the fragrance flows through the wind, it smells so beautiful. That is what ET Gardenia smells like. I really didn't know what to expect, but if you have ever smelled a gardenia bush, this is it in a very bottle.

firstinthedance
firstinthedance

I hated this at first. Gardenia was there but it was really sweet and mixed with something - maybe the green notes - that just smelled weird and harsh. But I've noticed that Liz's fragrances tend to change quickly on me, so I fought the urge to wash it off, and persevered. I'm glad I did. After an hour or so, it had become a fresh gardenia - sweet, but clean and not cloying. It is very pretty. I think this will be a nice summer fragrance.

mmiched
mmiched

LOVE IT!!! Gardenia to the max! Scored a 1 oz bottle for 5 bucks. What a great buy. I want more! Perfect scent for spring. ****EDIT - I sprayed this at first not on my body but in the air. Well, I tried it on my wrist, at first just like a Gardenia but then it turned into this rancid, nasty smell that would not change again. Horrible! Does anyone else experience this after wearing this perfume?

novembertea
novembertea

This perfume is very pleasurable to my senses. Full-on gardenia! No trace of old-lady powdery-ness that is in all the other Liz Taylor perfumes I've tried. I can't wait to wait this lovely scent on a spring or summer day with a pretty sundress :-) This particular gardenia is fresh and garden-like, as you get hints of other white floral as well (jasmine, lily). One note that no other reviewers have mentioned that I notice - is a sort of champagne-like note. I imagine a beautiful lady like Liz tipsy on champagne on a hot summer's night at a garden party. A must-have for gardenia lovers.

galaxy86
galaxy86

This perfume is gorgeous. Its so different than usual elizabeth taylors perfumes. It is amazingly floral, uplifting and feminine. Notes I can distinctively smell are gardenia, jasmine (dunno why it isnt mentioned here),lily and then musk. Its like wearing a dress of gardenia exclusively on naked skin and waking in luscious gardens of lilies and jasmines. Soft and fragrant and yet deep due to musk. This is simple but definitely beautiful creation. Must have in wardrobe.

Dayi Marquez
Dayi Marquez

I had this perfume many years ago, about 8, and I got compliments from people of how good I smelled. I want to purchase it again.

brt
brt

This one surprised me. On my skin it opens with a fresh, crisp, green scent. Those top notes lay the way for a cheery but still romantic and sensual gardenia. It's a gorgeous floral and it stays on my skin and clothes like a far more expensive concoction. My husband likes it too. The other night I pointed to some of my perfumes and asked him to choose one for me. He really stunned me when he chose the ET Gardenia over some of the old favorites. He told me he likes it better than the Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. (I don't) but he finds the Estee Lauder almost too sweet for him. So if you like gardenia with a fresh green note to it this is your baby. I will use it and hope it's still around to purchase when the last spritz is gone. I love to wear it to bed and enjoy it's beauty when I turn over at night. I think it actually makes me smile in my sleep.

Ioli19

Lanuitblanche totally agree with you, my mum has many gardenias and I was born in an area that grows gardenias and exports mostly to France for use in the perfume industry.. So I know gardenias! Yes, they are wrong!

lanuitblanche
lanuitblanche

LT and TS in The Guide says it is not a gardenia. WELL, IT IS. I'm smelling a gardenia right now, comparing it to this perfume. And while it's not a masterpiece or anything close, it's one of the prettiest ones I've ever smelled! <3

Ioli19

First time I tried it I didn't like it, the opening was harsh and I decided in seconds I didn't like it and was thinking of offloading it tbh.
Then I thought I will try it again as I was puzzled by the positive remarks here. I am glad I did give it second chance! Yes the opening still bothers me but within a few minutes it actually is nice, gardenia is there and in a nice form, it's not a complicated perfume but then it doesn't claim to be one! I do love gardenias so that obviously is key. It's a breezy day today and when I was walking outside I got a great strong gardenia whiff unexpectedly now and again (no gardenias round here for sure!) - that was lovely and cheered me up.
It doesn't give me a headache and its pleasantly, politely there but not loud or arrogant.
It's not expensive and it's so easy to wear. Sillage and longevity are areas I don't comment on as my skin lets all perfumes down, I have to reapply all regardless !

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I'm not usually a floral fan, but I purchased this for my daughter-in-law for the holidays. She told me she loves gardenias and I thought I'd give this perfume to her to try. After opening it, we both spritzed it on to give it a whirl. What a pleasant surprise!
She immediately remarked that her former perfume was a Bath and Body Works gardenia that she eventually used in her bathroom because it just wasn't doing it for her. This gardenia was a sweet, musky scent with a tawdry aspect to it. Yes, it was clean, yet it had a naughty aspect to it. The thickness of the musk surrounded the florals enough to give this perfume depth and a sensuality. One spritz lasted a good six hours. In today's world of come and go longevity, this Eau de Parfum is a winner.
The bottle is quite pretty, a tall green glass with a white floral top. Holds easily in your hand for spraying.
If you're looking for gardenia with a twist of sexiness, Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia is a good one to try. Sillage is a good arm's length, so spray cautiously. Gardenia is a good floral choice for a dinner out, a romantic evening or cooler weather.

sweetviolet

If you love Gardenia you'll love this. It smells just like the name says...pure gardenia. Very strong so spray lightly.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,

I must say this fragrance is very lovely perfume and very different from Elizabeth Taylors creations.
Where her famous creations been bold, glamorous, elegant, sexy and rich!, the Gardenia is very modest in compare to her sisters.

But it still has the exquisite qualities like her bold sisters but its power is in moderation it has character but not flamboyant spirit like her sisters , its very serene perfume with a lot of white flowers compositions.
On my chemistry it brought out the lilies and whisper of musk, which I liked a lot for the day and those times where you don't want anything to heavy nor to faint, this perfume was "just right" to go to a quiet casual café date with friends, visiting your grandma or a stroll to the library or market or just lay around at home in comfort or in meditation. It's power stood on me for a modest amount of time and silage was good bringing me complements with a calming effect to behold and the bottle is very pleasant and the white flower crowning the bottle is endearing.

I found very fresh and tranquil , its not boring perfume if your worried by the word tranquil and serenity, it isn't boring but it belongs to a tranquil, modest personality types , reminds me of quiet elegant swan and a humble sparrow type of woman who doesn't need to create a lot noise and getting a rise in pulses just to be noticed for she already knows her strength and power which creates that quiet alluring beauty of grace and special radiance of spirit and nobility .

If your fortunate to find a bottle of this, get it for you or gift to a someone endearing and sweet for its a lovely pleasant perfume dear friend.

lament to see this perfume being very underappreciate in the markets since its now discontinued but im happy to have found a bottle of it.

RebelPrincessx2u
RebelPrincessx2u

Gardenia...Elizabeth Taylor...this is truly a beautiful scent. Fresh, spring-like and by a few described as intoxicating. (in a good way) This was actually the first perfume I bought in a few years. Before this one, I'd wear whatever, whoever bought me. Finally I said to myself, "I'm going to find my signature scent!" This was only around 15 dollars at TJ MAXX and luckily it was out of it's "sensor" so I could smell it...the first time I smelt it I relaxed x10! It has a mesmorizing-instant relax factor which is great :) Although I have quite a few perfume now, Gardenia is truly gorgeous! I love to wear it for work or if I'm going out during the day. It's not what one would classify as a "night fragrance", but I wear it at night sometimes. Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor is so gorgeous...I still haven't found anything like it :) Most of Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes are beautiful...but this is definitely a younger scent. I'm 19 and I find it is not fruity at all, just very floral-like and empowering. I enjoy how there are only a few notes in this, prominently the Gardenia...of course. There is for sure a green scent like grass on a summer's day! You will think this doesn't last long, you may stop smelling it on you after the first couple hours...but ask your family, friends, coworkers or customers...they will indeed notice Gardenia way after you stop smelling it. This is my signature and the one I wear most of the time <3 A MUST buy if you love white floral!

cori.x

this is the one of the earliest perfumes i bought for myself and the first gardenia perfume i bought. at first i liked it. after i've explored more into perfume and tried more other gardenia perfumes, in comparison, this one is a piece of crap, so synthetic, no longevity, no sillage, i use it to spray my couch now.

onome
onome

this was a good buy for me...loved the garden scent of fresh blooming flowers.

hallo.aishwarya
hallo.aishwarya

I got this as a gift 10 years ago and whenever I smell it I'm reminded of my teen years. I loved the design of the bottle-so delicate .
It's really deep and the scent just hits you.
Pure gardenia scent if there ever was one.
Buy this.Must have.

Ben's Aldehyde
Ben's Aldehyde

Whenever I visit the greenhouses in the public gardens, I check to see whether the gardenias are in bloom. If they are, I find a fresh blossom to bury my nose in and just stand there, sniffing and sniffing, oblivious to the other visitors, who must wonder why someone's making out with a plant.

Elizabeth Taylor's Gardenia is the truest gardenia perfume I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. Admittedly, I'm a relatively inexperienced perfume-lover -- especially when it comes to pricier scents. But of all the gardenia perfumes I *have* smelled, this is by far the closest to the living flower.

It has the same creaminess, the same green-tea coolness, and the same bitter spiciness as a real gardenia. On my skin, it starts out a bit too candied, and it fades into the realm of eau-de-hairspray within an hour or two. But for the brief, shining moments between, I'm transported back to the gardens, nuzzling the creamy petals nestled among deep green leaves.

sweetviolet

The name, color of the bottle and design fit this perfume...pure gerdenia all the way. It list other scents in the scent but it's gardenia that predominant. Nice very floral scent.

dawnkok
dawnkok

This one is way too sweet for me.

juliadstone
juliadstone

Sweet, fresh summer floral. I wear a light spritz down the top of my blouse and it lasts for hours with moderate sillage. It has netted several compliments and never seems to overpower, but then I always use fragrance sparingly. The lily-of-the-valley lends a coolness to the heavier white floral, tempering it and keeping it from being too cloying. Dry-down is powdery floral with a hint of musky warmth. I wouldn't wear this to the office, but to a romantic picnic in a meadow...definitely!

bobo1
bobo1

Definitely has vanilla and coconut(IMHO). Slightly waxy.
Warm. Makes me think more of tiare than gardenia. Perfumey. Not so green. Yves Rocher's - is the real flower on the bush.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Can anyone who owns/has worn or tried both this Elizabeth Taylor scent AND her Diamonds & Emeralds please tell me if there is much of a difference between the two or not? I'm guessing that this one has less of a fruity smell, but I don't want to blind purchase if they are nearly the same. Thank you! :)

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

This was a blind buy for me. I love gardenias and figured I couldn't go wrong with this one. I have to admit that it was a good purchase. I think the emerald-green bottle is very pretty, and the fresh, delicate fragrance gives me hope that spring and sunshine will come to my corner of the world. Feminine and demure, a shy white flower peeks out from shiny green leaves in the morning sun. A good addition to my collection of mostly gourmand perfumes...rounds it out a little. This is a winner!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Simply clean pure gardenia. I thought it was tad flat at first, but after awhile I get to like it. Straightforward gardenia and gardenia only. I don't smell anything else in here at first, however green notes pick up close to the finish line creating that sour lemon skin scent. But don't be discouraged into trying this, definitely worth a test for gardenia lovers. Also, chemistry will make a difference too. In my case it loves my shirt more than my skin. Still works:)
Pleasant everyday scent for gardenia lovers exclusively!

aficionada
aficionada

Beautiful, clean, airy perfume. In the beginning a little strong, but very soon settles down to very pleasant fresh, green scent. Love gardenia. Very alluring. Decent sillage and longevity. Unintrusive.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

@cori.x true the bottle is very ugly! Looks like something grandma would have on her dresser in the 80's! Just horrible. What really matters is the juice inside . :)

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

My interest in fragrance began with florals. I used to love buying the soliflore floral oils I would come across in those cute boutiques that sold natural soaps and body products. Crabtree and Evelyn was also a favorite.
I was never a fan of ET's fragrances. Passion and White Diamonds feel chemically aggressive. However:
ET's Gardenia is much more interesting than I gathered from reviews. One my skin the two main players are gardenia and lotv, and mixed up in this bottle, make for an absolutely sublime experience!
Gardenia becomes sweeter and stronger and limpid as is develops. The sweetness garnered from lotv translates to Lotus or some watery floral, then this fragrance forgets that is is a gardenia perfume altogether. Lily of the Valley, the delicate scented pearls eternally fought over by heaven and hell for it's divine beauty-she's the powerbroker here.
Gardenia lasts all day, but gets close to the skin less than an hour. Spritz liberally!!(at a flat $15.00 for 3.4 oz at Ross there's no worry) This is one that I want to carry with me to allow myself the treat to spritz myself again. If you make the rounds your local brand names for less retailers, your almost sure to find it at any gven time

cori.x

i like the smell alot, only complain is longevity is too short, and bottle's very ugly

succubus
succubus

My mom likes this scent and I don't know why. The top notes smell like an explosion of gardenia and white flowers, a tad overwhelming but somehow green and fresh. The drydown, however, smells very old lady (and my mom's not even that old - just 52 years young). It's an explosion of floral scents with a musky undertone! I thought Gardenia would react differently to my body chemistry so tried it on once. As soon as the perfume dried down, I just couldn't wait to take my shirt off and take a bath and remove the cloying sharp floral scent.

kattassah
kattassah

Quite a bitter gardenia on my skin. And I also smell something fruity. Smells wonderful when mixed with wild musk (Coty) if you don't get any sweetness out of the perfume by itself. Dries down to a lovely woody musk.

Croneangel
Croneangel

I've been craving gardenia lately! And orange blossom, so its obviously a white flower thing for me. This one always makes me smile. Growing up it seemed like everyone had gardenia bushes. And when they were in bloom ~ watch out!!! Whole neighborhoods were filled with the fragrance!! It was wonderful.
I've tried a few different perfumes claiming to imitate gardenias successfully. AND I know that there are different types of gardenia. But this is the one that does it for me. It has that really sweet green note to it. It mimics almost perfectly the very center of the gardenia flowers that I grew up surrounded by! The whole flower smelled lush and sweet, but if you really stuck your nose into it (as children do!)... this is what it smelled like.
So I always find myself going back to this bottle. It makes me happy! I get loads of compliments when I wear it. Especially "I smell gardenias! Is that you?" hahaha The fragrance isn't complex. A little intense at first, give it twenty to thirty minutes to quiet itself down a bit. No myriad of developing notes here. It unfolds like a flower should. It simply blooms it's little heart out for you.... and makes you smile.

BTQ
BTQ

This perfume is just cloying away! Extremely sweet, like some cheap sugary syrup. If that's Gardenia, I don't like it. I know that I like Tuberose, because I like "Carnal Flower", but Gardinia! No thanks, it's what I don't like in "Jardins de Bagatelle", too. Much too sweet and hardly any developement as it dries down. It doesn't last that long, thank God. Must find out, what the actual flower smells like.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Sorry, the worst gardenia ever made. I have to agree with a previous post- Yves Rocher's Pur Desir de Gardenia is the finest.

Jerine123
Jerine123

I do not usually love the stronger gardenia scent, but this one is very nice and fresh. If you need a whiff of white flowers that last and a beautiful bottle to perk you up, this one is for you! You do need the right body chemistry to pull this one off.

Thegongshow
Thegongshow

I always keep a bottle of this on hand. Out of my huge collection of perfumeds this one still gets the most compliments. Definatly worth having!

pansylady
pansylady

Very soft, feminine and lovely- I smell a fruity accord, although no fruit notes are listed-

Oh for just a tad more sillage and potency...

toshicasey
toshicasey

It is unappologetically Gardenia, but one should not expect anything else with a perfumed named as such. I love Gardenia. And, at first, this perfume is overwhelming, even to a fan of the flower like myself. However, given a 1/2 hour or so to mellow out, it will linger as a light and airy fragrance. It's not for everyone. But, I like it.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Avril Lavinge must have totally ripped off the design of this perfume for Forbidden Rose and Wild Rose bottles. This came out first!

dinhhamy
dinhhamy

the bottle looks like Tresor In Love by Lancome

nananessa
nananessa

This is a very nice creation, very pleasant in the floral notes, the true scent of gardenia with a beautiful fusion with the other florals. The lily of the valley is a soft addition.

The heart of the fragrance is much more softened, white flowers, peony, orchid, with a dominate note of gardenia. Good sillage.

The soft base notes with the musk, warm, sultry, just a touch of sweet...the drydown is a wonderful gardenia & white flowers with a grounding note of musk. This is a very lovely fragrance from ET & I would buy it again. It's dirt cheap at TJ Maxx & worth every penny IMHO.

I really prefer the musk base note here over the vanilla base notes of other "gardenia" fragrances. I suppose I am just weary with so many fragrances coming out that are vanilla in base. But on me, it lasts 3-4 hours notably, then barely detectable after that.

Of course, it's not my gardenia signature fragrance because I was just SPOILED by the original Tuvache Jungle Gardenia. It was always my favorite gardenia & still remains so. I suppose nothing else will ever measure up to it as far as gardenia goes, IMO.

Love it dearly, just wish it was more potent & lasted longer.

Beautiful bottle & cap design, too. The bottle reminds me of an art deco design of the silhouette of a statuesque person with a lot of presence. It fits!

12-23-12 Update: I see Dr. Luca Turin gave this only 1* & said it is "not gardenia" & all I can say in response to his comment is that it DOES smell of gardenia, not pure soliflore gardenia, nor the real thick, heavy, heady & exotic tropic gardenia as if standing in front of a massive growing gardenia shrub covered with large, heavy, milk white blossoms of flowers like my Mom always grew. Who could do that completely? Tuvache` pulled it off better than any I have experienced to date. I usually agree with LT & TS reviews in THE guide but we don't ALWAYS agree. And that's ok, too, b/c he is he & I am me!

phia143
phia143

This perfume is one of my faves even though the staying power is not very good. I timed this perfume and after 4 hrs i can hardly smell it. I have to put my nose to my wrist and then i can smell a faint gardenia scent.

When it is first sprayed it smells heavy and strong. It starts out sharp but then settles. Just like the scent of a real gardenia flower. When i smell a real gardenia flower the scent is sooo strong it has a kind of stinky smell to it. Then my nose gets use to it and i can smell the beautiful gardenia aroma. The same thing happens to me when i first smell this perfume. That is why i love this perfume it is the closest to smelling a real gardenia flower. Even though it has more than one ingredient its pretty much a singular a scent.

I have tried Chanel Gardenia but it is way to light of a scent. This one smell a lot more like the actual gardenia flower.

Hollie
Hollie

This is much too tart and synthetic smelling for me to even come close to being able to wear. Yes...it does smell vaguely of gardenias but even more like a bouquet of generic white flowers soaked in peach wine cooler (I know...there's no peach notes listed but that's what I smell.) Overly sweet yet surprisingly sour....kind of like a flowery sweet tart but with an added weird rubbery,bitter note. Gives me a headache.Doesn't change much as it dries down and smells more fruity than flowery to me.....repellent.

No offense to those who love this.....I do really enjoy several Elizabeth Taylor fragrances. If you tend to gravitate toward heavier earthy/spicey/oriental scents, you might want to avoid this one.

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

I smelled pure gardenias, so how could I not love it?

The_Entity
The_Entity

Reminds me of Diamonds and Emeralds, but this is better for day wear, slightly more fresher,clean scent

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Is it at all possible to rate this as super loved? I absolutely love it. It has a busty fruity bosom even tough there arent any fruity notes listed. Its clean and white smelling, fresh and addictive. This 3+ ounces wont last me very long, i think it may be my new taylor favorite!

pingui
pingui

I bought this untested as it was so cheap, and the fact that my boyfriend proclaims to love the scent of gardenia. (He has an amazing nose, and should probably write these instead of me). The fragrance for me starts out rather green and sharp, but then settles down nicely into a rather pure gardenia scent.

In short, I don't really care for it. It feels too singular a scent, and I crave to mix it with something else that has more going on scent-wise. Suggestions?

My boyfriend, however, likes it. He thinks I am a girly girl when I wear it, and it endears me to him. So, I save it for fall/spring weekends.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

This works very well on my skin and I love it. My favourite gardenia is Chanel Gardenia but it's outrageously expensive. This one is a good runner up and can be found dirt cheap! It's greener and crisper than the Chanel, but still a lovely scent. Sweetness is about the same but this one is definitely greener. The initial opening can be a bit sharp but it mellows quickly.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

So disappointing! I love gardenia and perfumes that contain it. I don't know what happened with this one, I think it's gone bad?! I bought it on sale and maybe that's why it was so cheap. I gave it away.

caliking
caliking

GIRLY, GIRLY, GIRLY,
Synthetically sweet,
and oh so GREEN too!

cinsot
cinsot

I wore Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor yesterday for the first time in years.

My body chemistry blends sweet ripe pear puree and sun burnt brown edged gardenia blooms together creating an uplifting carefree aroma capturing perfectly the smell of a late warm Spring's blooming gardenia shrub planted in the sunniest spot in a sub-tropical garden.

This is not the shade loving intoxicating gardenia I worship in my favourite gardenia perfumes. It is simply another interpretation of a most universally loved (or loathed) flower.

I quite like its sunny disposition. A great choice for a Friday!

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

It's sweet and green, too sweet for me. The smell is kind of boring. For teenagers, it's fine, I think. Adults might want deeper and more interesting sents.

Zoya
Zoya

This one actually smells better in the bottle than on my skin. I like it a lot on my skin, but I wish it smelled more like the bottle.
It is very light and beautiful but definitely has a presence. Lasting power is 3-4 hours- which is not bad on my skin.
I really can get the Gardenia and Lilly of the valley. The dry down is musky and soft and stays close to the skin. It is a beautiful day perfume and will be great for work.

boruvka44
boruvka44

This beautiful flower looks heavenly innocent and fragile, but the smell is very powerfull and kind of heavy and choky. The parfume smells a little bit old fashioned, in a good way, very classy and nobly, and almost identical as the real flower! Good thing is, that there is no sweet note added to ruin the clean composition. As with most (good) scents, you have to have a style to wear them. Dishevelled hair and saggy T-shirt wont suit this perfume. Gardenia is a synonym of good look and care (as well as Elizabeth Taylor:)
It`s not for everyone, but if it suits you (wish it did to me), you will be a star! And diamonds + satin are not required...
I love the bottle too.

TheCountess
TheCountess

IT was just horrible for me. It smelled like air freshener.

I.I
I.I

It's a very nice perfume for someone who likes gardenia scent. When used in perfumes on its own, gardenia usually gives out too thick and moist a scent. This one is a very nice gardenia, well balanced-not very thick not very weak. It is somewhat influenced by the lily and white flowers that are especially present in the dry down.
It is a rather mature scent, someone else would find it cloying, it must be sprayed with a light hand.
It's a lasting perfume (to me at least) with a light, very flowery and soap(babble bath)-like scent.
One positive thing: my husband who never comments on my perfumes, adores this scent.
ADD: I really truely don't find it synthetic at all! It just smells more like a body lotion.

camaral
camaral

This is one that had to grow on me. At first I was disappointed, ironically because of the bottle (thought it was corny and cheap looking). Maybe it was a subliminal expectation, as it was priced $9.99 at a discount store. It smells really green/herbal on me when first sprayed, but lightens up after about 10 minutes, letting the softer florals in. The musk dry-down is barely noticeable. I considered it to be very mediocre until my daughter raved about how wonderful it smelled on me. I grew weary of it- as memories become attached to fragrances- and passed the bottle on to her. Some years went by, and this spring I started searching for a new gardenia fragrance. I tried Marc Jacobs, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Tocca Florence, Pacifica, Island Gardenia, and some others suggested on this site. They are all a bit too sweet, tangy and/or spicy. Today I stumbled across a huge bottle of E Taylor Gardenia for only $14.99. You can't beat that price, so I bought it. Wow! This is THE gardenia perfume, expressed by at least one other reviewer! It's the rare occasion of reuniting with an old lover, and realizing you should have stayed. There is no need to look further...Time to start creating new memories.

beautee
beautee

If you want the pure scent of Gardenia then this Bottle and Gardenia by Crabtree and Evelyn will give you that.
Warning: This is unapologetically Gardenia. While both fragrances may smell like a 100% Gardenia they are still different from one distinct from one another as if they came from different species of the same family.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Agree with gel, its nice, not for everyone and I cannot wear it either. It smells so great on my neighbor its her signature and I tell her all the time. Its hard to find, but I was able to surprise her with a bottle at xmas.

girlsworld
girlsworld

One for gardenia gals out there, not too rich or heady on me just delicate and light when it settles on my skin, the bottle is pretty too

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I love gardenia and bought this blindly based on some of the reviews here. I have to say I am disappointed. At first spray this perfume is extremely sweet (which is good if you love sweet, but definitely not for me). Later on some "bitter" notes come through as the sweetness fades a little. But it doesn't get any better even as it develops into a less sweet flowery mixture. It sort of remains artificial all the way through. It is not a creamy gardenia (which I expected), it is quite a loud perfume. I much prefer Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia.

i love the bottle, but unfortunately couldn't love the perfume. too strong and too gardenia for me. i can only take gardenia in small doses. i figured since this was mixed with some other notes i might like it, but no.

Clara13
Clara13

I'm sorry, maybe it's my chemistry, but I really didn't like this one. It smells like air freshener and is headache-inducing. Beautiful bottle though!

femesole
femesole

It is horrible and i mean HORRIBLE. if you want to get something obtrusive, old-fashioned and headache-inducing - this is the best choice!
i thought i like gardenia and i read all those rave reviews here and bought it. it is too whiffy even for air freshner :(
and yes, it is worth its price - u will smell really cheap

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

looks exactly like the bottle of forbidden rose, the diffrence only is the color, forbidden rose has black flower cap and lavender bottle....

secretcrush
secretcrush

I picked up my bottle of this 2nite at Marshalls and was very pleased w/ my purchase... It opens w/ a pure burst of bright sparkling gardenia which never ends up really playing 2nd fiddle 2 any of the other notes... It is later supported in the heart w/ peony and lily-of-the-valley... By the time this dries down, a clean musk sets in, softening the gardenia only slightly. I love this because I love pure gardenia. I actually was gonna buy a pure gardenia essential oil, but when I returned a few days later to make my purchase, it was sold out... They never got it back in stock but this one definitely made a good replacement...I like this worn alone sparingly but I absolutely love it mixed w/ a fragrance that already has gardenia in it like M, Obsession Night. Amarige, or Kim Kardashian as a kicker...

Cereza
Cereza

Extremely sweet floral scent. It opens like a sweet bomb. I cannot recognise any florals yet as I'm only begginer :(, but after the first burst I might now see what "gardenia" is and I'm loving it. And woohoo look at the price of this scent - is this a joke? It smells extremely beautiful and definetely worth a blind buy if white flowers is your thing. Try this out.

For me altough it won't be a "must have" as the scent is tiny, tiny bit too sweet and cloying.

roxykaiulani
roxykaiulani

The initial scent was of "Gardenias" which fulfilled exactly what anticipated in it's name. Other floral can be too exteme in sickenly sweet fruity way as it overpowers my sinuses leaving me with such a headache. This wonderful, classy ET creation makes me feel so sexy even after wearing all day the scent few hours, it still leaves me feeling feminine; even hours later. It layers down into a delicious

coffeebabe
coffeebabe

This fragrance takes me back to my 20's ... a long time ago. I used to wear "Jungle Gardenia" by Tuvache. No longer available. It has the power to take me to summertime, a resort, warm nights on the beach with my husband. Ahh, the power of aromas. If you like gardenia and it works w/your chemistry, it is a yes!

narcotic
narcotic

I have a horrible (and I do mean horrible) track record with Elizabeth Taylor perfumes, so I was extremely hesitant to try this, thinking it would be a sticky, headache-inducing sugar shock.

I couldn't be more wrong: Gardenia is amazing, especially for the price! It's a totally linear scent; gardenias and peonies explode playfully off the skin and suddenly make me forget my longing for more expensive tuberose gardenias. Really simple, beautiful stuff.

guest_dolly
guest_dolly

i really love this perfume,when i put some drops in my neck i feel a gardenia garden in me is really beauty.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

Very nice...opens up with pure gardenia, then freshens up a bit so I can detect the peony and lily of the valley, then the orchid comes through with a candied sweetness. A few hours after I sprayed it on and I would say the predominant notes are gardenia, orchid, peony and lily of the valley. For some reason many florals tend to get fresher on me over time, almost with an aquatic note to them, which I like for this hot summer weather. This is worth the $7.99 I paid at A.J. Wright for it...a nice hot weather scent.

PRALINE210
PRALINE210

Way too flowery for me,I bought it online after purchasing two great fragrances from teh Elizabeth Taylor( which I am happy with)but this is very strong-first whiff and I didn't like it at all. Maybe it's because it's summer and it didn't work on my skin but the first impression wasn't positive!

tonni
tonni

LOVE IT badly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very fresh,delight but also complex and rich,I think it's the best gardenia scent .

barbiot35
barbiot35

A sweet floral.But...Does anyone smell any "peach" on this? I do smell really dominant peach note in this perfume and that makes it a"floral FRUİTY" i think...
It's ok, still pleasant even for a flower-lover but I wouldn't buy again...

guest_MissPerfume
guest_MissPerfume

I love this perfume. I wear it all the time. It is not strong like some posts here say. It has a feminine fresh floral powdery smell that is just perfect for day time. I find the Emeralds perfume very strong. But this one smells so clean yet spring time fresh....

guest_NiteWish
guest_NiteWish

I bought this because I love Gardenia's but this product was a disappointment. I do like the bottle so every now & again I go around the house & spray a little on the curtains just to get the bottle empty. Enjoy!!

Russian
Russian

I had to wait 2 months to recieve this fragrance,but it was worth.It is,indeed,a linear fragrance,but I guess it is the one that describes best the "white flowers smell".

The fragrance is pure gardenia,followed up by the delicate lilly-of-the-walley.By the way,if you're looking for a lilly-of-the walley fragrance,this one could match pretty well.
Gardenia is a very long lasting fragrance.It stays on the skin and especially on hair for hours.I could still feel the smell on my hair the next morning I woke up.

For me,this fragrance has 2 sides.The first one is sweet,innocent and elegant.But don't be fooled by that!I do think it has a hidden sexual appealing.To me,any femme fatale could wear this in summer and feel confident.

I am sorry that some of the reviewers here didn't like Gardenia,but,as always,tastes differ.Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor is a fragrance you have to understand and appreciate.

Tala
Tala

To be honest I bought this for the pretty bottle but it stank so bad I had to return it. Too much gardenia and too sharp. I actually had trouble breathing by the time I got to the store and my face was all red and boy the headache I suffered for 3 days. I don't ever want to smell anything even similar to this.

magie
magie

I bought Gardenia by ET mainly for the pretty bottle(I collect perfume bottles)but the scent is really very nice. Gardenias and white flowers, but soft and very wearable, plus I got a really beautiful perfume bottle for very little money.

anava33
anava33

Imagine a wonderful cloud of gardenias` scent involving you...
The bottle is like an antique family recordation - something for to collect, and pass to the others generations..
Gardenia, ETaylor is more than that!
Gardenia is the true perfume of woman!

lillybee
lillybee

I also love the flower of gardenias or rather the so elusive 'Monoi' scent that's so expensive over here in Europe. Monoi is in fact tropical gardenia infused in coconut oil. I'm so happy to get almost exclusively this intoxiating, exotic white scent in this fragrance that in itself is quite linear but if you love the smell of gardenias, you'll probably like it. I'm also getting a nice drydown of orchid and musk.

sharyssa
sharyssa

A very sweet gardenia scent.I bought it last year and I still have it because I thought I liked it but it is too flowery and I can't even smell this without getting nauseated.But the bottle is very pretty and don't let me discourage you because you might like it!Worth a try and if you don't like it at least you have a pretty bottle to display!

kay_li13
kay_li13

Wow, I am so glad I "looked" before I "leaped." I almost bought a bottle of this online because the bottle was pretty, it had amazing reviews, and was inexpensive. However, one whiff of it in a store today and I couldn't drop this fast enough! It is STRONG, and it is Gardenia strong. "Intensely gardenia" could not be more right. Not my style at all, way too flowery. :(

katyas
katyas

I just got my bottle today and I LOVE it - it's like a huge bouquet of gardenias and white flowers on my wrist. The first shot is intensely gardenia, then as it dries it becomes more complex as the other scents kick in; but gardenia is still the main fragrance note. I adore the smell of gardenias, so this is bound to be a favorite!

gel
gel

I love this perfume.....very clean and fabulous but for some reason it does not work on my body chemistry. I love this on my cousin, I can't stop smelling her.

Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor 3.80 out of 5 based on 309 ratings and 99 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Gardenia Elizabeth Taylor Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 1 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Toilette
Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds Emeralds Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds Emeralds Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 1.7 fl oz
Diamonds Emeralds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Gardenia
Diamonds Emeralds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Eau De Toilette
Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds Emeralds Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.3 fl oz
Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds Emeralds Eau de Toilette Spray for Women, 3.3 fl oz
Gardenia Elizabeth Taylor Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
GARDENIA ELIZABETH TAYLOR for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.3oz
Diamonds Emeralds Gift Set by Elizabeth Taylor Gift Set for Women Includes 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 3.3 oz Body Lotion
Gift Set 3.3oz
Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds Emeralds Gift Set 2 Piece, 1 set
Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds Emeralds Gift Set 2 Piece, 1 set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.