Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Passion Elizabeth Taylor for women

Passion Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

Passion Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures Passion Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures

Passion by Elizabeth Taylor is a Oriental fragrance for women. Passion was launched in 1988. Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, coriander, gardenia, bergamot, ylang-ylang and lily-of-the-valley; middle notes are honey, tuberose, sandalwood, patchouli, orris root, jasmine, heliotrope, cedar, rose and spicy notes; base notes are leather, musk, coconut, civet, vanilla, oakmoss, incense, sandalwood and cedar.

Aldehydes Artemisia Coriander Gardenia Bergamot Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley

Honey Tuberose Sandalwood Patchouli Orris Root Jasmine Heliotrope Cedar Rose Spicy Notes

Leather Musk Coconut Civet Vanilla Oakmoss Incense Sandalwood Cedar

Passion Fragrance Reviews

jake.shouse

After wearing this for a while a few years ago now I handed it down too my mother just not my smell. Smells very out dated. Yet their is a but I do like it on others that about it.

glambert
glambert

Maybe Passion smells better on other people than on me. On me, Passion completely clashes with my body chemistry by projecting only the aldehydes, civet, and spices quite loudly. It has a very long lasting longevity and a moderate sillage. This perfume smells terrible on me but hopefully smells better on others.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

According to all review, people had it from the past. I happened to have this nowadays. L can not say much yet, but one thing is: I quite like it! Very balmy. Evening style.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

My Grammy passed away yesterday. My mom and auntie gave me several of her perfumes as I know they know how much I will treasure them. Last night after finally crawling into bed, emotional, exhausted and just plain sad, I removed the cap of the dark purple bottle of ETP & breathed deeply. It smelled like her.
Woody, sultry, herbaceous and in charge but very sweet, soft and fiercely intoxicating.
She always favored the dark, heady womanly juice...Chanel No. 5, Passion, Samsara, Avon's Imari. I was also given a few small vials of anointing oils that were unmarked or simply labeled "Holy Land Frankincense" or "Myrrh"...oddly enough, those oils smell incredibly similar to Passion with deep, dark notes that have a soothing, narcotic quality.
I will miss her forever but am so thankful to have her perfumes and share her love of a scented world.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

Musk has a tendency to overpower all the other scents in a fragrance, but this one is so perfectly blended and full-bodied that the while the musk is the most prominent, the other notes don't drown in it. I can't stop sniffing my wrists.

Searro
Searro

Coming from someone whose #1 fragrance of choice is Miss Taylor's White Diamonds, my first impression was a little at odds with Passion. On its first contact with my skin, a robust, almost musky lavender aroma struck my nose. In all honesty, the men's and women's eau de toilettes are all too closely formulated. In layman's terms: this is not a cutesy, fruity Juicy Couture-esque perfume. Passion is definitely for women of POWER.
Whereas White Diamonds, or even Gardenia are chic, timeless fragrances of class and distinction--likened to Elizabeth Arden's Red Door or Estee Lauder's White Linen--Passion falls into the rank of top-cat business woman.
Interesting to note also is the subtle grape and lily of the valley scent components that linger on the skin, long after the dominant aldehydic notes settle into you topical chemistry for about 45 minutes or so. Well worth the price of the perfume, but this is certainly not a fragrance for teeny-boppers!

bonnie52
bonnie52

This is one of Liz's masterpieces!
So many reviews say it's for old women…NOT! It is for CONFIDENT women, young, old or somewhere in between. It is a warm, smokey, powdery, spicy scent that envelopes the wearer in beauty!

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Good God do I love this scent!!I have the vintage and current, and I must say I perfer the latest form of Passion. The original scent on me has this synthetic Welsh's grapey accord in the top that happily my skin cooks away in a few minutes. What I am left with, much like with the present day formulation, is nothing short of voodoo magic. The most glamourous, sexy dark scent emerges that intersects smoke, vetiver, leather and incense in the most addicting way!!

Wow!!Now here is a scent that can hold it's own with my chemistry, developing full on vamp like no other can...

This vamp, unlike others, has properties of a clean soapy finish. During it's drydown it has moments that is smells humorously a dead ringer for caress soap in orange sandalwood. No unscrubbed bodies from another period as in Bal A Versailles.

Passion is wonderful exotic incense, it's as green as the best of them, very smoky but none of these things defines this magical scent. It morphs back and forth between all these wonderful things, and never ceases to feel just right!!!!

Matusha
Matusha

In defense of Passion, I must say its time is eternal. I have the perfume, the EDT and the bath accessories from the original 80s release. It is still one of the most glamorous creation that stands the test of time.

If the color purple had a smell, this would be it. I always felt there was some violet in this. Everything about it is dramatic, deep, sensual and mystical. This was perfume for women, not girls. It touched my spirit and empowered me through some hard times.

Elizabeth Taylor created a legacy for women that endures for all ages. If you can find the original formula, then you will understand it.

shopgirl
shopgirl

Bought from a nostalgic point of view -I remembered this when it was first released and I thought it was lovely. Bought a new bottle, eagerly awaiting its arrival ensured I had sprayed no other perfume in anticipation - but oh dear! It is really not what I remembered at all. I've washed my wrist twice now to get rid of the smell and it's still there - it is that strong , it's overpowering. It smells aftershave like and old. Smells like an old and musty tweed jacket that one could find in a charity shop.

TRACTATUS
TRACTATUS

got an EDT mini the other day and I like it enough to write an review.
Interesting fragrance. It has a dramatic twist on my skin. I am a monster and I actually enjoy the smell of a perfume with an intense alcohol opening. but this one, oh liz, can be too much to handle. Along with the alcohol I also get heady aldehydes.
now here is an interesting fact, while the patch of skin I sprayed stinks with aldehydes and civet, it smells wonderful from distance. safe arm length projection and gives me a nice bubble.
civet vanishes in about half an hour and I'm left with all the good stuff (civet is usually my friend, but not in this one). Jasmine, tuberose, and sandalwood finally become noticeable. Leather and oakmoss have always been there, and I like them better with this sweet floral touch.
wait for another hour the spice kicks in. It's like when I was in my scent bubble I kinda forget it there, and when I turn to smell the patch of skin I sprayed and WOW. With coconut and vanilla the drydown it kinda reminds me of Dior HP eau sensuelle if HP is made in the 80's. But that could be just my skin though, everything tend to go spicy on my skin at some point.

so conclusion is, it stinks, lol, but totally wearable. you may not like the opening but it will please the noses around you.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I love it, although on my body chemistry it is rather one dimensional. Smells nice on me, just dont really get the full range of notes , on other women it can be a masterpiece of a scent. Still, I like the scent and I always feel glamorous when I put it on.

waterbottleisland
waterbottleisland

I'm a perfume newbie, but this perfume has grabbed hold of me and won't let go. On my skin this almost immediately melts into a sultry, creamy cinnamon that just lasts and lasts. It's very cozy, and has been wonderful for this cold weather we've been having.

zzMaja
zzMaja

This was one of my favorites when it was popular for women to wear these "on the prowl" type scents. I must say I still do love it. I have a small 12 yrs old vintage bottle from my mother's collection and it still smells top notch. I would buy it again, but I have moved onto greener and lighter pastures. It is strong and does make a statement.

Chava
Chava

I love all of Liz Taylor's perfumes, but this one may be her sexiest! My favorite perfume is Yves Saint Laurent Opium (the vintage version, before it was reformulated), and Passion reminds me a bit of it. If you're a fan of vintage perfumes, this one's for you. Not for the timid!

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

I purchased a vintage bottle of this perfume on eBay after much reading of the below reviews. I am a fan of some of the classic scents and the strong ones really work well with my chemistry. With that being said, Passion is amazing. The bottle is beautiful (which is a big part of the appeal) and the color of the juice is lovely, too. Purple is one of my most favorite colors, so I was drawn to it despite the fact it had many negative reviews. I'm just not a timid girl!

As soon as I got in the door with my package, I ripped it open and pulled the cap off and I immediately frowned. The smell straight from the bottle was a disaster to my senses. Very synthetic and almost overpoweringly chemically (I suppose it is all those aldehydes). Despite this, I took the risk and sprayed it on my decolletage. One fine mist from arms length. I coughed. My eyes watered a little. I sat down and opened Fragrantica up on my browser and decided to reread the notes so that I could try to identify them myself. And let me tell you, in the 3-5 minutes it took me to get comfortable on the couch with my laptop, this perfume developed into something so seductive, warm, sensual, and very sexy. It smells mature, but NOT in an "old lady" way.

I smell the patchouli which is a big win for me. I smell the spicy notes. I smell the beautiful sandalwood. I also smell something very creamy about it. It's a very sophisticated scent and I'm hooked! All I have to say is try it on your skin, your bare skin not just your clothes, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then you will really know what Passion is all about.

Debra1
Debra1

Wow. Wow and Oh Wow!!! I bought a little Mini of it and Just a Little Dab and I'm Instant Diva!!!Im Cetain Liz Fasioned this Sent after What Whold Cleopatra Wear, No Doubt Shed Bathe in It. I'm Nuts Over a Good Oriental Sent but this One is Also Classy and Major Exotic and Beyond Interesting Complex and Aluring, and Over the Top Smells Heavenly, a Good Deal of the ingredents are historicly from the Middle East in Bibical times and Most Likely in Acient Egypt. Celopatra could have worn a sent similar to that that Mark Anthony couldn't resist.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Yow! Now this is my idea of a true, rich, spicy oriental. This juice is a femme fatale sucker punch which definitely requires a certain personality and character to pull off. That can be done beautifully regardless age if you love it, have the personality and chemistry to wear it and unabashedly so. I don't think/smell "Grandma" or "old" anything when I smell this. The only "old" is old world majesty or silver screen glam. Liz was a bit after that time but she was both. Passion is not for the shy or conservative. It is in-your-face luxury and opulence just like the jewels Liz wore. Big and lusty. This is the scent I imagine would fit her character as "Cleopatra" and it is pure treasure to women like me who favor crazy strong, intoxicating oriental scents; the real deal, made in a time when many colognes had such high percentage of oil they would be classified as pure perfume today.

Immediately on first hit, I imagine myself in an ancient torch-lit palace at night standing over a large iron vat heated by burning wood. Everything is purple and gold. The heady, powerfully overwhelming scent is deliberate and divine. I smell incense, dark orchids, sandalwood, sweet spices aplenty... and it is scrumptious. Bejeweled odalisques are lying about in their decadent, half-naked attire in an opium haze. A lion roams about like a tamed house pet and a civet cat is playfully present.

Of course Passion is not for everyone. No fragrance is and how boring that would be. Taylor’s Passion is for the exotic, confident woman who cares nothing whatsoever what others think of her. As long as she loves the smell surrounding herself she wears it chin up, eyes twinkling with purpose even if she is knocking out everyone around her and is aware of it. Does the heaviness of this frag smell like she cares? It is obvious she does not. Not one bit. I adore this heady juice!
(The only way to go with this heavy hitter is the vintage bottle with gold on front with the top that is not solid silvery plastic. Bottle at top lower right on this page. There's been a reformulation and the new is no comparison.)

Realtra
Realtra

So I purchased an Elizabeth Arden sampler, and this was one of five in the box of .25 fl oz. I am so glad that is all I have of this perfume. Perhaps since I have it, I can give it another shot. However, the immediate combination of smells I get from this is potpourri and cleaning solvent. Then it gets softer, I suppose more powdery, but it is still heavy on the potpourri and cleaning agents. This just disappointed me, as I knew her from diamonds fame, especially since my sister had her miniature one when I was younger in the 90s. This is a big no for me. I'm thinking I will just give away the small bottle I have.

francisrose
francisrose

I received this in a sampler for Christmas, and it brought back so many memories! I used to work in cosmetics when I was quite a bit younger and this was one of the really popular fragrances at the time. It is a sensual powerhouse! I had forgotten what the 80's actually smelled like! This is a queen, a diva that wears padded shoulders, large jewels,is impeccably made up and makes no apologies for being glamorous. I don't think everyone can wear this, but on those who are confident enough to do so, oh mama! It is a true classic.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear readers,

this perfume my dear friends is like The passion of Elizabeth Taylor's , its timeless, lush with romance and seduction and isn't for the prude , for this perfumes spirit is unapologetically womanly with its animalic seductiveness and unique style that she cant go unnoticed by any of your senses as she passes by.
I love this perfume despite the many negative reviews on here , all I have to say is I lament their unfortunate experience with this siren of a perfume when it embraces their body chemistry it becomes thorny instead of sublime.

On my body heat, this fragrance turns into a dark smokey animal rose creating strong but silent mysterious allure that people cant put their finger on but instead their hands on me .
I recommend this for the night time where the senses are more receptive for its magic, in the day its very heavy, shadowy and wild presence but if your chemistry brings out a tamer nature then lucky you and the noses around you experiencing such pleasure.

The bottle is lovely , art deco style and color is distinct ,vivid and glamorous like the creator herself Elizabeth Taylor a true starlet.
This is a good gift of a fragrance to have in possession it fits people that have memorable character, charm ,enjoys the sensual world and has a air of the exotic and erotic who might enjoy things of the past or like they say vintage, with music of Bobby Vinton's Blue Velvet in the background or passionate songs like Anita Bakers songs perhaps?, either way never a dull moment with this siren by your side.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Not made of the highest quality materials, but the scent still evokes big-shouldered, classic Hollywood glamour. Too bad it comes in one of the cheapest and ugliest looking bottles ever made. Not ashamed to say that I love it.

PS/update (August 1, 2014)...I reviewed Passion a while back, but I just want to add that if you haven't yet tried it and you're interested in seeing what all of the GOOD reviews (especially nopasho's) are about, look on ebay or whatever for the vintage, all-purple bottles and not the one with the silver top pictured above which could, most likely, be reformulated. My first experience with it was a vintage mini parfum. It was so good that I searched ebay and found a .25 ounce bottle of the pure parfum. Still an unattractive bottle, even in purple crystal! I have over 300 scents, that include vintage Chanels, Diors, etc. and Passion can hold its own with any one of them on my top 25 list and is everything nopasho says it is (lol).

jake.shouse

This scent is so excotic and very sexy I like this a lot! Great winter scent!

nakedcity
nakedcity

My name is nakedcity and I'm a snob. Shame on me for not having tried this till today. This is one of the elusive sub genre chypre orientals, but unlike Ysatis, Fendi Donna, Magie Noire and Boucheron (all vintage formulas)is one is completely easy to find and you don't have to sell your plasma for it. I must have really good chemistry because all the well known atomic bombs mentioned above smell sexy and subdued on me, if I say so myself. Chypres and I are get along so well sometimes I wonder why the hell I bother with other genres... but back to Passion: this is a no holds barred, absolutely magical potion that I'm sure had it been manufactured with better quality oils and the bottle didn't look like a shriveling fruit, the asking price would be much higher. It's pretty ballsy to still sell this pretty much anywhere here in the US given that americans don't really like in your face scents (unless you're a teenage girl sporting a B&B fruity floral thingymajig strolling across a Valley mall with your friends, bless your heart) so whoever is in charge of distribution is doing a commendable job! So please join me here in Snobs Anonymous and give Passion a sniff.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

okay, so I finally got this one. I remember about 6 years ago I smelt passion and It made me sooo sick I was 19 at that time so needless to say my taste wasn't too elaborate, anyway I had gotten white diamonds and I didn't like that either in my early teens but came to really appreciate that scent! I love it now, so on to passion I don't like it as much as the white diamonds but I do still like it. It starts off really loud and takes charge ! This is no way a fragrance for anybody just starting off in fragrance since it is so bold and daring. I feel like it is a really nice fragrance when applied right. It starts off like a smokey scene in a forest it is dark, mysterious and after finding you're way out of the dark forest you stumble upon a shack in the forest, you enter it and you see an elder lady you has a brew going on it has a hint of spicy sweet goodness to it, she then ask you to sit as she pulls out the empty purple bottle and pours the juice in it and tells you to go! Passion is a very witchy haunting fragrance that is very dark and rich, kind of like a potion brewed up in a witch store. It draws you in and puts you under a spell, it has good staying power and you can tell elizabeth taylor put alot of work into this! I love it!

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Sexy and animalic.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

On my skin, Passion smells like a witch's shop. Spices, powder, and deep, dark incense. YUM!! While others have noted that it can be a "civet-bomb", Passion works very well with my chemistry and the animalic notes take a very low profile.

The opening is somewhat aldehydic, and very powdery. For a moment, I think this may be just a tad too mature for me (I'm 36)...

The middle stages of Passion are all about the incense and spice on me. Very dark, incredibly deep, and super spicy. It's intense!! And LOUD! Silage is just wonderful. Passion wraps me up in a cloud of mysterious and sinister bliss. Oh, YES!!!

The dry-down is softer, and Passion continues to blend and blend, yielding a soft, mildly spiced, incensey musk at its end. This last stage lasts for a few hours more, making Passion a very long journey indeed.

One might reapply at about 5 hours in, IF one wants to experience the middle stages again, but bear in mind this is absolutely not necessary in terms of the scent's longevity. Passion lasts and lasts!

At the end of my scent journey, all I can say is this: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?

I'm in Heaven. Coco is still my number 1, but Passion has risen instantly through the ranks to a favorite. This is LOVE!

EDIT: Fresh from the shower this morning, I layered the lotion with a 'walk-thru' spray, and a light spritz on the nape and the wrist (touched the wrists together, not two separate sprays). 9+ hours later, I'm still catching whiffs of it. Passion is magic.

argonianwarrior
argonianwarrior

A very classic smell. Reminds me of rummaging through my grandmother's makeup case. Beautifully comforting.

jake.shouse

I'm enjoying passion once again beautiful smoky incense powdery smell... I like it!

cwolf
cwolf

I just got PASSION last night. Its gorgeous. It reminds me a tad of my beloved TABU on two levels, one the over the top, brash, lots of notes, civety, gotta be pretty bolshy to pull this one off - kinda vibe. Second, the fact that its so cheap and maligned!
What to say about Passion that hasn't already been said? It smells a lot like musky incence. Ever note listed I can perceive in that exact order and intensity
One thing I definitely don't like about it though, is how cheap that plastic silver lid looks! But who really cares about that? Its all about the juice.
This is witches brew. This is what Morticia Adams smells like on date night with Gomez.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love orientals and so wanted to love this, but the heavy oakmoss & aldehydes are just too much for me... My fault not Passions..

Mozartiana
Mozartiana

I have an immense respect for this perfume. It is an exceptional creation not like anything else on the market. In other words, it is very unique and a living proof that talented perfumers are able to create a superb piece of olfactory art that won't make you sell your life's savings for a 2 oz bottle.

This perfume has a personality. It may be not according to your liking and preference but that doesn't mean that you should not pay it respect it deserves. Personally, this one is not according to my intimate taste, but I do love to smell it on others especially in this decade of boring citrusy/syrupy generic flankers with no character or charm. So if you don't have a genuine charismatic persona you should definitely avoid buying this one. Better yet, if you ever smell it on someone else, just exit the room. Let's face it, you won't stand a chance of survival next to this potion.

The trend for animalic fragrances has long since passed, but I rather wish it would return. Skanky 'civet-bombs' are not for everyone so it's no surprise to see so many negative reviews, but for what it's worth, Passion is relatively easy to wear, at least in my opinion it is.

I like Passion, and so does my mother who received a miniature bottle last Christmas. The initial spray can be rather heavy so I think a lot of people write it off early before giving it a chance to develop.

Once settled on the skin, Passion smells of musky incense, talcum powder and dusty oakmoss. The civet note is not as strong as you might expect it to be. In fact it appears quite subtle alongside the incense and aldehydes.

Passion is a mature scent, and rightly so. I think it also relies quite heavily on skin chemistry. The only negative thing I can point out is its tendency to stain clothing, as the liquid is dark purple in colour.

Amidst the current celebrity market, Elizabeth Taylor fragrances are often relegated to obscure discounters or forgotten altogether. This is a shame, especially seeing that her fragrances are unique when compared to the current array of sugar-bomb, fruity-tutti celeb scents.

Perhaps one day skanky perfumes will make a huge comeback, with the inexpensive Passion taking the lead.

jake.shouse

I do kinda miss my Passion alittle bit may rebuy a bottle! Such a heavy yet beautiful smoky scent!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Pow! First spray...what an animal Liz Taylor created with this juice. Passions, animals on the prey, musk and incense all attack the senses. It must be the civet that I adore and smile about, but smile inside it makes me do. I keep sniffing my wrists and saying, "So beautiful." I love this fragrance.
Passion settles down into a woman's sensual scent, promising what's yet to be. A high-heeled, black-stockings, bat your lashes, use your fingernails, arch your eyebrow, Baby I know who I am and what I've got fragrance. It's not a user beware, it's the opposite. Your date, SO, whatever is in trouble.
Drydown to a sweet, musky, powdery incense, making Passion a wonderful Oriental that's ignored because of it's price. Don't be fooled by the name and the politics. Don't let yourself be swayed by commercialism and hype and pay exorbitant prices to cover the costs of commercials and tv. Close your eyes and let your nose tell you what's wonderful.
One spritz lasts for hours and hours and sillage is about an arms length. This is sexy, yes, but also cozy and warm in it's own way.
The African Amethyst color of the art deco glass bottle is elegant. The gold cap could be replaced, I'll agree, but if that was the decision, I'll live with it.
There are so many different flavors to this delicious scent, one try isn't enough to benefit from it's full potentials. At times, spices mix into the brew of decadence, while leather, smoke and incense dance around the flames of desire that the creator of this frag intended to concoct a potion so intense she was willing to chance it all as her very first fragrance on the market. Passion is just so delicious!
Why has this ET fragrance been ignored or shunted? By far, it is the richest of them all. It is an eye-opener, a knock-your-socks-off with the aldehydes at the top. But the sandalwood, patchouli, coconut and vanilla all bring it down in the base to a scent of incredible strength. Think 1940's Hollywood and strong women such as Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford, Betty Davis.
Some call this a drugstore perfume, because Elizabeth Taylor wanted all women to be able to appreciate her scents. Ironically, her perfumes are also sold in department stores such as Macys. So they must appeal to women of various backgrounds.
I also love Diamonds and Rubies by ET. I'm searching for Black Pearls, the only other I believe will fit my fragrance nose. I'm just not a floral person, and that's why I'm not a fan of the others in her line. But their popularity should tell consumers that her perfumes will become classics just as the inimitable Elizabeth Taylor has become in history. I am delighted to own, wear and display these.
I remember Joan Crawford making her exit at the end of an episode, sashaying her skirts with her hands in an episode of Route 66, her back ramrod straight, her heels clicking the pavement, never looking back at the cast of characters. But their eyes were all pinned on her as she walked down the street. I imagine her wearing a perfume such as Passion, leaving the beautiful fragrance in the wake of her stunning exit, and that's why she always left such a memorable impression of confidence. A perfume such as this one does that to you.

jake.shouse

Passion is a beautiful scent I loved it when I wore it and always had people tell me how good I smelled. I am not a big Liz fan so I would never wear her perfumes not at this stage in my life I prefer Estee Lauder! EL is my brand all the EL scents were made for me... Or at least I feel that way I will one day own every Classic Lauder perfume for sure! But maybe one day I may come back too this scent you never know!

tourmali45
tourmali45

The bottle of pure perfume is a lovely gem, with the juice inside this bottle it's not so straightforward with me. I will be trying to tame this beast as I see a big potential of it being truly beautiful. So far what I get mostly is a dusty animalistic jasmine, but as I tentatively like it as is, I wonder what will happen next when I'll try to wear Passion in different weather and moods.

oblivion
oblivion

A very tricky scent. You have to have right body chemistry to be able to wear it. On a friend of mine it smells amazing. On her it's your-body-smell-but-better kind of smell, something animalistic and musky in a good way. Unfortunately, my body chemistry is different. On me it smelled very synthetic and chemical. One of those not for everybody perfumes.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I was eager to give this one a wearing after having owned and worn the masculine version, and though it's more ambitious than the guys' version, I don't think the feminine passion is as successful. Still, I do feel it's a very nice fragrance. The ingredient quality is pretty low, and the notes are blended together in a manner that prohibits any one thing from standing apart, but there are two very distinct phases. The top accord is a cloud of sweet musk and tuberose, hinged by incense to the same vanillic sandalwood base as Passion for Men. After an hour or so I find myself imagining the lavender from the masculine, and that's how I know that I can't cross into the ladies' aisle with this frag. But ladies, please do (judiciously) wear this inexpensive chypre. It smells good, and maybe you can "bring it back."

Jomoves

All the critics are right about this one. It's horribly 80's, far too strong and much too bold. It's brash, persistent and vulgar with lethal silage that lets everyone in the room know that you've arrived. It makes noses sneeze, eyes water and heads ache.

Fuck 'em I say. I LOVE this!

krmarich
krmarich

I revisited this little marvel as a pure perfume mini. This seems to be from the original 80s vintage batch as one drop fills the room and lasts all day. Passion is a violet wonder that is as iconic as its creator. Its jewel encrusted, elegant, formal and seductive. Its from the era of when perfume was marketed for adults.

Perfume snobs ignored it because of the price. Bear in mind, Liz built a perfume empire on this first offering. It was the marketing of genius. The cost of the ingredients must have been astronomical, yet Liz took a chance. Celebrity wannabes followed in her footsteps, with none coming close to her glamour.

I happen to find the bottle very beautiful. It reminds me of an amethyst cluster with a classic stopper. There is something very "Hollywood premier" about it. The contents always reminded me of of the color purple. Like the purple smoke rolling off Cleopatras barge in the classic film.

Liz in the 1960s, loved Bal a Versailles. This pays tribute to it with its smokey/civety character. This is more like the larger than life offerings from the 1980s, however. The tuberose is blatant with jasmine and a purple rose supporting it. I always felt there had to be some violet hidden in there next to the iris. The leather note reminds me of elegant pumps and handbags. Its a lavish floriental that seems out of place in the sanitized "candy sweet" perfume environment of today.

I find it similar to Byzance more than anything. That says a lot! Its a bit darker and naughtier, but we are talking about Liz Taylor here. Its anything but old fashioned. Its now a classic. Her spirit will live forever with this signature beauty. Brazen, sexy, sassy, and seductive. It dances like a "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"!

Lady Love
Lady Love

Elizabeth Taylor's Passion edt, is in my opinion an underrated fragrance. I was shocked that so many people hate this, but that's probably only because, this is an 80's Big Loud and leathery scent. So if you don't like that kind of fragrances, avoid this one. To my nose, Passion is a warm, spicy and leathery oriental, very very dark and dusty. It opens with one of the loudest civet notes I've ever smelled. After a while it settles and releases a mysterious combination of incence, vanilla, leather and sandalwood. Good silliage and longivity. You only need the tiniest amount, otherwise you will find it very overpowering.
It shares some similarities with Opium(77'),Poison(85'),Coco(84'), Trussardi(84), but Passion has its own identity. I have to say, for a drugstore oriental, this is hands down.

Thomasania
Thomasania

I honestly think that this is a very beautiful fragrance. It may start out loud and brash but the dry down is very wearable and pleasant. It last all day on me, and I have found myself buying back -ups. It is fairly cheap and for the price it it really is worth giving it a try. If the only reason you find it to be unpleasant is because you think it suits "Old Ladies" than maybe you should hold onto your bottle, because when you become an old lady surely you cant be caught wearing the modern stuff.

afreimann
afreimann

I hate this fragrance with a red-hot 'passion'. Though I can't articulate it, something in this formulation repulses me upon impact and does not improve after the dry-down. With my biochemistry, this is an absolute no-way scent for me.

Voopie
Voopie

Ohhh boy... I recived a small sample of this today ( order it from allegro.pl.. polish version of ebay.com). This is darkness, heavy and smokey... like begin in a dark forest with somebody that you just know you should not be with... but just cannot help yourself. After 20 mins I can smell... gardenia, honey, tuberose, patchouli, leather and a little bit vanilla. I must say I like it :) It has a nice vintage smell to it.. maybe that "old lady" smell. However, I rather be smelling like an old lady than a cheap stripper perfume :) TRY IT! You should even be suprised ( like me)

PrinceRobbie
PrinceRobbie

I wish there was a clothing line to go with this perfume! Like some nice S&M items. It's so dark and beautiful and filled with a lot of potent notes.
I am not sure exactly if Civet is what I'm smelling because I don't know what it smells like BUT since I have yet to smell anything like Passion, I'm going to agree with everyone else that it sits on top.
I can certainly smell the Leather and Incense! And oh my God, it is amazing. It mixes amazingly with the other dark, woody notes so well and my co-workers ask everytime I wear this, "What do you have on?" which always makes this just a bit more special.
Just like most of Taylors perfumes, a little goes a long way. Spritz with caution!

adair58
adair58

I have been looking at my little purple bottle of Passion lately, and I think it has been looking back. Wondering why I don't open it up and sniff, and better yet, put it on? It has been far too long. I don't know why I did it last evening, but I'm glad I did!

I wore this almost daily in the early 90's; I have the sort of skin type that drinks in the big frags and wants more. It is smoky, silky, warm and a bit leathery, with a large floral presence,and it warms up to those notes at the drydown, settles down and stays. For a long while. Less is more with Passion. The vintage EDP will last 6-8 hours, and is the only version I have ever tried.

I remembered that I like almost all of Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes but I love Passion!

satinandlace
satinandlace

This is strong and long lasting. It's in the name: passion. Either you love it or hate it because that's what it is. It's definitely for nighttime wear, and it's sexy. It's less innocent and more revealing than others. But still classy

cmoca
cmoca

I feel that this perfume should be in a white bottle. It is sensual indeed - the musk, the balm, but it offers such a gentle caress that it can be worn beautifully during the day.

It's not intoxicating, it is just passionately sweet and embracing.

I'm 25, and I don't find this as having anything to do with old women. Perhaps it is the mix of balm and powder which give people that impression?

I love it. Great for fall and winter. Very comforting.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Actually rather lovely and very undervalued as price never insures longevity (some large investment parfums have been my biggest disappointments this has great lasting power). Lovely, all woman and
brazen enough to say it! very Elizabeth Taylor and very gorgeous. It takes the right pheromones to pull this off it is like the song "The Lady is a Tramp" it is classy but still a broad under that swanky mink. I detect leather, civet, adelhydes and jasmine on me personally. Very pleasant mixed with smoke as well. Cute bottle! very old fashioned looking.

b@by
b@by

Started off like a cross between air freshener and cheap men's aftershave. 10 minutes later it became something gorgeous... a dark satiny incense delight. Thumbs up... a very nice surprise.

Jomoves

Want to make people turn heads when you walk by in both a good and a bad way? Layer this with Tom Ford's Black Orchid and prepare to stop men, women. children and animals dead in their tracks!

HezFairy
HezFairy

I've just tried this and at first I got blackberries, fruit-wood smoke, elderberries. After a while, I could smell dark chocolate, a hint of gardenia, maple syrup, a touch of patchouli. It is possibly too sophisticated for my taste, but I shall try it again and see if it grows on me! I like it but not in the way I usually like a perfume.

This is not one to knock you out, but it's not one to hate either... It is not like any other perfume I have tried.

What on earth do people mean by "old lady" - does it mean as opposed to "teeny-bopper schoolgirl"? Aren't all old ladies different, like all teens, with different tastes and styles? Is Madonna now an "old lady"? Are old ladies only old ladies if they haven't had plastic surgery? It's confusing and nothing to do with perfumes.

When young ladies can boast the achievements of the likes of Liz Taylor from a very early age, then maybe they have earned the right to refer to 'old ladies' in such a generalised and, in my opinion, insulting way. Talk to some old ladies, you might even learn something useful.

There is no such thing as an old woman's perfume - if a perfume smells good on you, wear it!

As for the bottle - I can't agree that it is 'ugly' at all! It is in the Art Deco style and very much in vogue, enjoying a rebirth.

carmenseira
carmenseira

I love this fragrance and I always get plenty of compliments from both male and females when I were it out. I do think that not everyone can were it and it wont smell the same on everyones skin. One of my favorites and always will be.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

This fragrance put me in olfactory shock! It doesn't smell of passion!)))) I can't understand how E. Taylor could have this concept, how she could imagine that passion may smell of old leather bag + old man cologne in it which leaked in the bag and stayed there forever)))) For me this is anti - master piece of all times! Just awful! Dirty smell haunting me even I washed and scrub my hand several times!

pugnose
pugnose

Everytime I pass someone, or on me, that is wearing passion it reminds me of the smell that someone hasn't showered for a week. And what body part of the civet do they use to get this smell?! Gross

panda0410
panda0410

Utterly divine, big, animalic perfume with a lot of everything I love and a whole lot of punch! Civet is beautifully prominent, its probably one of the best mainstream fragrances that showcases this note. I love civet, though its popularity fades, I love the demure, raw charm it offers here. Big aldehydes in this scent, not unpleasant though, tamed nicely by florals. Lots of leather, and honey, lovely oakmoss and incense. The whole perfume is enveloped by musk. I only have love for this fragrance! Very reminiscent of Chanel Coco and Zlavita Red Maroussia, this one fist perfectly with my collection and preference for frags. Civet lovers should definitely acquire this!

rosembloom
rosembloom

Since I got the 50ml Eau de Parfum of Angel, this one seems to have paled.. my love became like. Probably a question of seasonal chemistry but in summer, this smells kind of stale on me . It goes nowhere and whereas it was a comfort scent to me, now it reminds me of funerals. Probably another mnemonic association.. I do love you Liz, but this one, i now just like.. on others

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I love passion for men, and realised I've never sniffed the original for women. So had to order a small bottle.

At first.. musty dusty incense ... as it dries down it becomes better and better. I'd say it takes about an hour and what you are left with is a beautiful, very soft, smokey boudior type of incense smell, slightly woodsy, slightly herbal and just a touch of powder.It is more dry and less sweet, but sort of projects a semi-sweet vibe. It's also fairly original, I can say I honestly dont have anything really too similar, which I cant say about most of my others.

Very sexy, very nice frag. The bottle is prety disturbingly cheap, however I've found that if you trash the plastic topper/cap, then the bottle is actually kind of nice. I love the color and the art deco feel to it. Also I like how it has the tall skinny neck at the sprayer, like old shiseido fem du bois.. and others (weird I know, but I've always been fond of the neck, lol). Now I display my passion proudly with my collection. My exotic dark purple beauty with the lovely long neck, has found a new home... looking prety with a new haircut, lol :)

FYI - The pure parfum bottle has a purple glass topper to match the bottle, and is gorgeous!

reporting back, it's now over 12 hours later and I can still detect traces of the drydown. I forgot what I had on and it smelled so nice, then it finally came to me that passion was my last perfume. So I'd say this is very long lasting, be it, it's very faint, but still very prety

I would love to smell the pure parfum. Sooo very tempting, prety reasonable on ebay right now, hmmmm

overall 8/10
for the price? a big 10

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I have to agree with nopasho and sorcerer on this. It is not my favorite scent at all, but I am very impressed with the way Elizabeth Taylor created her fragrances. She did them for her customers and her fans. This has a very vintage smell, powder and vintage perfume, and she knew that many of her customers would like this. I don't like the top notes, but I like it as it dries down. I think she had her customers' interests in mind, and I like that. A very decent fragrance.

truffles
truffles

I've got a mini of this. I don't think it's 'off' but sorry Passion fans, to me it smells of the 30 yr old talcum powder that used to languish in a little vanity case under my Mum's bed!
Old talcum powder mixed with pungent 1970s aftershave.
Anyone want my mini?
Heehee. :)
UPDATE: Ebayed/gone.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

I think the connection between Poison and Passion is they were hugely popular at the same time. Poison is totally different , no comparison.

I know an 82 year old woman who only wears Passion. It smells nice and powdery on her. The lasting power is unreal too. I think it smells a bit "old lady" though . I admit it is likely because I associate it with an elderly woman .

It is a nice fragrance though and from time to time I toy with the idea of buying it for myself.

madameka

i hate poison,and i love "passion"....my nose "do" the différence,really ,not the same at all!!!!!

emiana
emiana

very similar dior poison...less expensive...

madameka

j'ai acheté ce parfum en 1998,le nom m'a repoussé(mème si c'est elisabeth taylor....bof),le flaccon m'a semblé délicieusement old lady ,j'aime le violet ,après j'ai senti sur mon poignet,un rève synthétique et pléthorique mais un rève ou je m 'enfonce dans une tenture violette,il y ade la pluie ,du lilas.on ne trouve guère ce parfum en france,je le commande sur un site américain.un parfum sous estimé.ka

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

After all the years this frag has been in the market, I finally tried it. So OK...at first kind of strong. But as it develops, it leaves a musky, powdery smell that could be perfect for layering. Not overpowering at all. On me, it doesn't last very long; or must be a reformulation.
Edit: Layered it with vanilla perfumes and I love it! It ads a more intense and smoky feel to these kind of frags.

tonni
tonni

This scent is harsh,strange and serious but I love it.

Why?Because it's Elizabeth Taylor.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I just recieved my bottle of Parfum in a little cut glass amethyst bottle and man does this have some strength - one tiny dot on my wrist and Bam! Very smoky and very oriental - I smelled alot of Pinetarsol at first but now its drying down to a mix of KL and Knowing, theres a touch of opium there but its definitely more like KL on me. Its one of those hot then cold fragrances. One second I'm loving it, the next I want to wash it off. But now I can't stop sniffing it. This would smell gorgeous on a man.

iloveperfume1992
iloveperfume1992

Light day time version of E.Lauder Cinnabar-like perfumes for the winter and fall. It does not last very long, about 2-4 hours. Nothing from old ladies fashion especially the dry downs. Slightly smoky and sweet. Not sure if I will buy again but it is a nice experience for the people who loves ET and her lovely perfumes.

@nopasho
awesome review, I do sort of feel the same way about the bottle, (im assuming you meant the new one they sell it in). The reason it looks so crappy is because it is a mock up of the factice. I think thats the problem with perfume bottles today, they lack the beauty of the factice. While yes, it may be too costly to produce a diamond studded bottle or leaded crystal, one could still make nice looking bottles just out of glass. Glass is not THAT expensive, it just takes slightly more time and money to produce than a cheapy plastic one. I think the seal of doom on this bottle is the cheap plastic cap. Rather than looking like a nice alternative version to the gorgeous factice, they made it the burger king toy of bottles. So i suggest if anyone thinks its lackluster like it look for the next art deco factice on ebay or elsewhere. It might cost you a bit, but if you love Elizabeth's scents it is a collector's item and will only increase in value; well worth it.

And once and for all i want to speak my mind about her fragrances. People are going to complain no matter what you do. ITS A FACT, accept it. Its too strong, its too stinky, its too cheap. Well on the other hand there are people commenting on the perfumes of couturiers and designers that they are too weak, overpriced, etc etc. Well what do you want exactly?!

Most people who dislike her fragrances and look down their noses at them do so mainly because they dont understand her personality. Elizabeth Taylor wasn't really in any way demure, niether are her fragrances. At the height of her acting career this was the standard of perfumes, for women AND men. THEYRE STRONG, that was the point. It was a time when brandy, cigars, and strong perfume were the staples at any so called "dignified" social gathering.
Secondly, her intent and marketing strategy is nothing short of brilliant and fair. Her scents are meant to be available to everyone. Listen to her interview for white diamonds; i wanted to create a scent that exudes the sparkle and shine of diamonds, but that everyone can have and feel beautiful with. (paraphrased from memory) All of her perfumes are in essence costume jewelry. Openly defiant in their false nature and meant to just be beautiful because they appear that way, not beautiful because they appear to have cost you a lot.
By taking this marketing stance, which was really a moderate/middle road, she made the greatest number of people happy. A step above youth-dew and estee lauder, but not quite designer priced either, its not cheap but its not kidding anybody about how much it costs to produce. Rather than selling it for far more than it costs to produce, they take a cut in profits and instead earn loyal and returning happy customer base.
Sorry to be so long winded, but i hate when people are so opinionated about things, especially Elizabeth Taylor's scents and dont do their homework first :-P She didnt merely say, "hell it works, put my name on it" and put it on the shelves. These perfumes were her life's work in a time when she was no longer acting in any large roles like she used to. You can tell she put her heart into all of them, good or bad. She was a beautiful, but rough and tumble and it shows in the fragrances. I think that is what people have such a hard time with and spit it all back out disgusted.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This came in a mixed batch of mini bottles bought blind on ebay. I have never smelled any perfume by Elizabeth Taylor before, and probably would not have gone out of my way to do so. But oh, I am glad I got this. It really packs a punch in the big '80's manner - stacks of aldehydes and a BIG floral but nothing sour, just a very strong and sweet bouquet. As it dried down I also get an almost "suntan lotion" undertone. The base notes of civet, musk, incense and leather are surprisingly prominent, adding a lot of interest to the florals.

I will probably only wear this at night and also in winter - waaaaay too cloying for hot weather, but I think it would be a wonderful comfort perfume for frosty nights & cuddling up. My mini should last for ages as you only need one drop to keep you going for about 6 hours. For someone who is not all that keen on big florals, I can honestly say I am glad to have tried this one.

I also suspect young girls would hate this and label it "you know what" but I am a you know what and it suits me fine! My heart lifts when I sniff this.

Lyndale
Lyndale

Wow, Nopasho! I think you should change your name, that review had plenty of "pasho" in it! If my beloved Tentations hadn't been one of the fragrances in your have list, I think I'd have found you too scary to talk to! However, since I too am passionate about fragrances which are powerful, (sometimes it's not enough to make people sit up and take notice, you want to take them by the lapels and make them hang on your every whim!) I'm going to look into buying this to try it, I'll edit this post to let you know what I think when I've tried it!

downtown
downtown

The smell never goes away until you shower. And speaking of the shower, if you want to smell like you haven't showered in months -- wear Passion.

Well nopasho, that is some review you have here!! I agree totally! I am surprised myself people almost being angry that perfumes are attainable and worship the ones that are not. Impossible to understand for me, because I don't like to pay high prices for a perfume that smells only 5 minutes! This one is indeed a gem, but you are right, the bottle is really awful!

nopasho
nopasho

Time for a some much needed rehabilitation. Time to get the record straight. First a confesession: the bottle is downright ugly. BUT... the frag inside is divine, worthy of the lovely 'one of a kind' Miss Violet Eyes.
I won't make myself popular with trend junkies and fashion victims here by talking about this hidden gem and positive at that! For a lot of youngsters and readers of Cosmo and Seventeen, Liz Taylor, and her frags are 'old crap'. IMHO you have two kind of perfumes: good quality (good sillage, great longevity) frags with an own face; and bad, cheaply produced generic interchangable 'breezes in the wind' creations of the 'Mad Men' at the 'Ad Agencies'. Don Draper would love the tsunami of fruity florals. Hell, he even would have invented them! But for himself, he would prefer strong fighter Liz and certainly her 'Passion'. The strange thing is that those fleeting celeb fruities are often more expensive than some good long lasting original frags. If you can combine the best of both worlds: good ones that are inexpensive, then even Don Draper is happy and you go up on my personal ladder that leads to perfume wahalla. 'Passion' is 80% on the way to become highly estimated. But because of the affordability and prejudices, will never make it as a 'classic' in 'take yourself too serious' reviewer circles. The irony is that Liz started the 'celeb fragrance' trend, but now is pissed upon by the fans of the 2012 'sweetie pie' celeb scents.
The much villified 'Passion' by Liz Taylor belongs in the 'good' category, to be clear'. Liz herself is already in heaven or hell arguing with Richard Burton and driving god or the devil crazy, and her 'Passion' deserves to follow her there.
Heaps of sh*t have been poured over this fragrance. It is strong, it has presence, it is remarkable, it is accessible to a large audience, it is versatile. Remarkable frags get a lot of flak. The caravan of fruity florals, you just let pass without comment and fade away by themselves. No need to analyse them. 'Passion' smells like the great Miss Taylor herself was: explosive, unique, strong, no b*llshit, deliver the goods or get your *ss kicked. She rocked big time! An original. Like her 'Passion'. To be clear: I'm no particular fan of Miss Taylor as an actress. She was 'A Personality' and she launched some remarkable fragrances, of which I like 'Passion' for women best. And I always review a fragrance on its own merits, by the way. I don't care about the fashion du jour, what's in and what's out. For me it is about the fragrance. Forget the bottle, forget the box, forget the face and forget those violet eyes in this case. This is the proof: by praising this 'unfashionable 80's icon' I'll get sh*t poured over me by the vat-load, by the fruity floral brigade. I like 'Coco', 'Le Baiser du Dragon', 'Black Orchid'... and it always puzzled me why this 'Passion' that is one step below those classics but a lot of steps above most contemporary 'one year and then gone' fragrances, has been kicked into the pit of oblivion and fashion conspiracy contempt.
'Passion' is like the apt name: it is strong, takes no prisoners, demands total surrender to discover its deep beauty and it is love or hate, with a thin line between the two. Wild, no holds barred, liberating passion! Liz was definetly a stong woman, well 'Passion' matches her strong character and personality. Most of Liz's fragrances ('White Diamonds' 'Diamonds and Sapphires'... as we all now Liz had something with gems, and with aslos 'passion' for that matter!) are florals, but 'Passion' is a true complex oriental in the vein of 'Obsession' and 'Coco'. But more powerful, less rounded maybe but still velvelty, a bit syntetic smelling maybe (but also much less costly than those classics à la 'Coco') 'Passion' aims directly for a woman's heart/emotions/lust/desire and a man's libido (men are simple creatures, I know) instead of distributing candy to underaged fantasy girls. 'Passion' is like Liz in 'Whose afraid of Virginia Woolf?'. No compromise, hard and tender, bitchy and sweet, yelling and purring... but always strong and with an awesome presense. Like her fragrance 'Passion'. You are in awe of the sheer power and 'ugly beauty' of the frag.
Don't you think that the bottle looks like a bit like an early, unfinished and maybe ugly stariting version of the 'Alien'-bottle? But 'Passion-the-Frag' is as strong as Muglers masterpiece. And preceded it. 'Passion' is overwhelmingly sultry and rich. The name 'Diva' was already taken by Ungaro, but this should be named 'Diva'. It is everything 'Obsession' is, but then stepped up some degrees. And that also means almost 'at the top' and very close to 'over the top'. But if you like radical, strong, unforgettable, in your face, strong fragrance suprises like 'Alien', 'Obsession' and 'Opium', you'll like 'Passion' and pay much less for it than for the YSL, CK or Mugler name brand. Time to try this great, great juice for some dollars. 'Passion' is in every sense grand, 'more is more' and 'more than more is even better'.
Look at that collection of notes. Wowwzzers! And the result is: 'Wham, bam bam bam bam bam, thank you very, very much m'am. And I’ll be surely back soon for more and more and more. Of your fragrance.' This is a shameless 'Womanity'. A celebration of the power of female seduction and sensuality. And so the 'mother' of all openly 'dirty in a good way' sensual scents like 'Boudoir', 'Bal à Versailles'... It is an adult woman's world. Girls are not yet allowed. Like the unforgettable Neil Diamond song in Tarantino's 'Pulp Fiction': 'Girl you'll be a Woman soon'. Fantasy Girl, you will be allowed to use Passion when you are 'a Woman'.
Top: Aldehydes, artemisia, coriander, bergamot, gardenia
Middle: Honey, tuberose, sandalwood, orris root, patchouli, jasmine, heliotrope, cedar, rose
Top: Leather, musk, vanilla, coconut, incense, civet, oakmoss.
The strongest notes all together. And a lot of them. Extra strenght. That is maybe why a lot of people don't like it. It is too strong, too intense, too dense, too overwhelming, too 'elusive' for a lot of people, too confrontational with their own sexuality. Because, together with 'Bal à Versailles' and 'Boudoir' this is 'da sexual bomb'! But less velvety than 'Boudoir' and as dense but less animalistic than 'Bal à Versailles'. Most fragrances have one of the three levels as the strong one and the two others as less strong. Here all three levels are full on! And then some more. I have to admit that in an earlier review I talked about the strongest base I had ever seen, but I must recant. 'Passion' has the strongest base I have ever encountered. Look at that force! Leather: dzong!, musk: dzing!, incense: padam!, civet (artificial): wham!, oakmoss: whoosh!. Only the coconut and the vanilla tone it down a bit. Also note that the 3 classic notes of a chypre are present, neatly divided in the different levels: oak moss in the base, patchouli in the middle and bergamot in the top. So there is a classical chypre hidden in this intricate passionate fragrance. And much more. Aldehydes (the power of Chanel 5), artemisia and gardenia (a favorite note of Liz) in the top. Plus some coriander to spice things up. Talk about starting with a bang, Marc Jacobs! From a peppery whimper (Jacobs) to a real bang with Liz-the-Maneater! Only the bergamot makes it a bit fresher. The middle is also of the strongest I have seen. Nine notes! And of the heavy caliber: Honey! Tuberose! Heliotrope! Jasmine! Sandalwood! Patchouli! Orris! Cedar! Rose! Enough to even knock your granny out, but a lover-of-strong-fragances' dream come true! All these notes are fused into one heck of a strong fragrance. The effect is a mix of animalistic, floral and spices, without radically choosing for one direction. It takes the best of all three aspects(animalistic, floral, spicy), but as a result is less radical than 'Bal a Versailles' (animalistic) and less floral-dirty (indolic jasmine)-velvety (Boudoir') that choose more for one aspect. But as unashamedly sensual, bold, 'come hither' and à la Mae West risqué: 'Is that a gun in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?' 'Very happy, Mae!', 'Passion' cna hardly be beat. 'Passion' would be Mae West's sig frag without a doubt.
'Passion' is like 'Obsession': a strong fused scent. But because of the ceaper price, less rounded, more straight in your face, more 'like it or leave it'. It is like the Liz at her top: vibrant, unmissable passionate, complex and certainly not linear, always 'on' and 'there', filling a theatre all by herself, intense, a force of nature that steamrolls over you with your total consent.
Most present at first spray are civet, tuberose, incense, aldehydes, gardenia, sandalwood, honey. But it is such a complex fragrance that it changes constantly. The notes are totally fused, but depending on your skin chemistry, every note makes an appearance during the long development. The phrase 'bang for your buck' was no doubt invented for 'Passion'.
So forget the ugly bottle: the fragrance is divine. Again not for the faint of heart and certainly not for the lovers of aquatics, fruity florals, sporty fragances, eau's, 'légère's', 'summer editions' or 'infusions de...' frags. This fragrance rocks hard, and doens't care about upsetting your nose formed by 'Aqua di Gio'-style frags. It oozes 'oomph' and packs a whallop and a punch. Like the power fragrances of the '80's style', whatever that is. Good 'old lady' stuff that is realistically prized.
I'm sure that each night God lets Liz and Burton in heaven (or the Devil in Hell) play 'Who's afraid of Virigina Woolf?', booze it up and then organise a wild passionate party in his heaven/hell. On one condition: that Liz wears her magically, bewitching, heavenly/hell bent 'Passion'. A true gift to the gods with a devillish twist. At an affordable price. What do you want more?

The_Entity
The_Entity

A deep, intense, smoky scent which lasts the whole night through. This is not only the best E.T frag for me...I rate this the best evening frag ever, every ex partner or friend has always complemented this one, telling me its 'my fragrance'. An expensive smell, yet affordable. I seldom see this in shops, yet White Diamonds is very much in the shops. Dont get me wrong, I like all E.T frags, but White Diamonds better than this?

sammysam75
sammysam75

Well its January so time to wear Passion, I love it !!! Have been wearing this for years, always get compliments and I am a man. People always ask what I am wearing, V strong and best sprayed 15 minutes before leaving the house, amazing silage and art deco bottle.

I have never smelled anything like this on anyone, smoky, intense and beautiful. I wear in the winter evenings, great winter scent. Liz's masterpiece in my opinion.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for recent EDT version).

I love trying scents from the past and I found many gems to add to my collection. Unfortunately this one did not agree with my chemistry or my tastes. PASSION surely is a complex scent that carries this grandiose ‘big hair’ 80s feel but there is something about this scent that smells a bit tacky and cheap to my nose especially in the first hour of its development. I have never tried the vintage one, so perhaps it was better than reformulated one I have.

The scent opens with tons of aldehydes and I do not mean gentle or soft ones. It is an aldehydes assault – sharp, strong and abrasive. I love when aldehydes are gentle, soft and powdery like in Chanel no. 5, as I think they could smell extremely elegant. This is not happening here. This is an example of cheap-smelling and stinky aldehydes that I never want to smell on me or anyone else around me. There is also this animalistic civet-like undertone that clings to the aldehydes and would not let go. The composition continues on this trajectory in the heart notes joined by the tuberose and jasmine. I start seeing an improvement after one hour when the scent becomes softer, sweeter and creamier with the notes of heliotrope, honey and woods. There is an earthy and woody tone to the scent at this point, which I am starting to like. The dry down is a nice mix of oakmoss, musky notes and leather softened by the milky notes of vanilla-coconut. Of course there is a load of civet to top it up, so the dry down has definite animalistic tone to it but it is quite pleasant. The lasting power and sillage are strong.

I have to give this 5/10 for the reformulated version. The dry down notes are not bad but I do not like the opening or heart notes that much.

tuntun787
tuntun787

For some reason, everytime my dad wants to gice me a present, he buys this perfume for me. It was the same scent my grandmother used to use. Way too strong and powdery. I always say thank you but I really do not wear it.

camaral
camaral

Alright.
I can't keep my mouth shut on this one. Is it possible that the bottles available now are 20 years old, and have turned?
The reason I ask is that I have crazy-sexy memories connected to this perfume! Back in the mid 90s my BF gave me a bottle for X-mas. Like an aphrodisiac, this fragrance made it almost impossible for us to keep our clothes on. Also, when I was dressed, I got loads of compliments.
Perhaps the supply currently available is too old, or reformulated.
I would be afraid to try a fresh batch, at my age now. That kind of behavior could kill me!

Mmmm... this is pure memory!
I still have a small mini from the '80s and it makes me smile, because it is actually quite gross and like an "oriental" punch in your nose, but it doesn't lack some kind of attractiveness.
I used to smell it a lot because a girl in my clasroom wore it constantly and it suited her style! We were only 16...
It has some resemblance with Dior Poison (same era) but it is like the powdery American cousin trying hard to smell European as a matter of imagery.
After initial strong spray it settles down to a softer feminine powdery scent with some spice.
Not so bad after all. Too '80s in my mind to wear now.

Sorcerer1001

Before hating on this, pop the spray top off and dab it on. I found myself not liking it at first but desperately wanting to. After trying it this way it smelled less smokey and more rounded and i was actually able to pick up on different notes and i love it. Some scents just dont smell right sprayed and vice versa.

takeasniff
takeasniff

My husband got me a set of Elizabeth's perfume minis. One of them was this one. I read the reviews and thought here goes nothing and sprayed it. Well I think it just smells like baby powder but in an adult way. I don't find it offensive or too strong. I put a tiny bit on my neck and wrists. I asked my friends if I smelled ok and they said it just smelled powdery but it suited me. I suppose when something has powder in it people think it smells stale or old fashioned but I find it comforting but that's just me each to their own. It lasts but I wouldn't spray on clothing or scarf because then I think it will smell stale if that makes any sense.

girlsworld
girlsworld

This one takes me back to the 1980's Pure Liz Taylor glamour this fragrance works a treat on me but a little goes a long way, great for cooler evenings, voluptuous, intense, this scent is a statement !

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I found a small sample of this and decided to test it. wow, this is overpowering straight from the bottle. Gross and old smelling. Wouldn't want this on my skin!

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I got a mini EdT of Passion as part of a set of Elizabeth Taylor fragrances. I agree with other reviewers--it is VERY strong, and all you need is a tiny drop (even of the EdT). It has incredible staying power--lasted from one evening to the next and clings to fabrics. I REALLY wanted to like this one, but it was too male/female at the same time--it teased me with some luxe femininity, but strongly reminded me of my grandpa's Old Spice-ish cologne/aftershave. I felt like I was in someone else's skin the entire time I was wearing it. This would be great for a lady with a touch of masculine aesthetic to her style--I could see Ellen DeGeneres wearing it. A friend who sniffed my wrist said it smelled old-ladyish, but I didn't get that impression.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Back when passion first came out, I couldn't wait to rush to the perfume counter to get a bottle. Needless to say, as much as I wanted to love this, it wasn't for me. I think I was just to young for this scent. I recently came across a bottle again and now I am in love. The drydown is so soft and powdery, just lovely.
A favorite vintage scent.

Gigifst

I'v to say something more about this. Yesterday when i was writing the previous review, i was smelling it on my wrist.
Today after a shower, i can really enjoy it and i still can smell it clearly.
I guess the trick is just a spriz on wrists (never on the clothes, i did it once for almost a month ago and i still can smell it on the cloths, its bad) and take a shower. This way is kinda pleasant.
This perfume has the most strong lasting power i ever saw.

Gigifst

This one is something i just cant explain...i really dont know if i hate it...cause sometimes i like it. It remembers me the hypnotic poison by dior after 1/2 hour...but much stronger. And with this second one i'v the same problem.~
When i feel i like it, i dont have the guts to use it in public...cause i'm afraid ppl say i smell like something old.
Whatever i cant give it away, maybe someday i can use it.

olga1780
olga1780

As much as I admire Elizabeth Taylor, i don't have one good thing to say about this perfume. I do love stong perfumes, but when you combine strong and cheap quality, you have a conction suitable for repelling both insects and poeple. This one is strong and musty, like an old fur coat....very cheap smell. I rarely put a fragrance into the stinker category, but this is it. If you want to be a walking disaster- go ahead and put it on!

Damn, this stuff just wouldn't come off even after multiple washes!!! It made me really nauseated....never again!

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

A tribute to Elizabeth Taylor - long may she rest in Peace. Will find a bottle of Passion and wear in her memory - there will never be anyone else like her - she was the last of the Hollywood Superstars. Vale Elizabeth!

Jomoves

Another unique fragrance from Ms Taylor. Many people won't like this but those who do will recognize it for the gem it is. You only need the TINIEST amount, otherwise you will find it overpowering. Many people today have become so accustomed to light floral/candy and inoffensive scents that they ruin this one with a too liberal application. But just put on a dab and you will find a warm and mature fragrance that lasts and lasts.

And now for a gripe. Some of you with long memories like me may have noticed that the packaging for this perfume has changed, Unfortunately, so has the juice. I bought a new bottle recently and it is very different form my old bottle from the 80s. Not as strong and without the lovely depth it once had. The staying power is almost nil. Undeterred, I have been going into musty old stores and was lucky to find a genuine unopened vintage bottle of Passion. Look for bottles with the small gold diamond shape on the front if you want to find the lovely Passion in its original form.

I remember reading and article how knock-off perfumes were killing the integrity of perfumes. I would dare to say that the manufacturers are doing a good enough job of that themselves.

cisco
cisco

Awesomeness just gifted me a little less than an ounce of Passion. Why was I being such a snob? I love it! What is not to love. First, I love most aldehydes. Then as a bonus I get sandalwood, patchouli, civet, leather. and musk. Then the lovely incense kicks in.

I agree with Fruitdiet. This is an overlooked masterpierce. It is like finding a million dollar baby in a five and ten cent store.

The sillage is great and the staying power is superior. For the price, I would give it a five out of five.

Thank you awesomeness for this gift!

This stuff's abhorrent one moment and intriguing the next. I can't decide. At first spritz it wasn't so bad. It was grape-y and smoky. As it wore down, all kinds of images started coming to my mind: the smell of a new car...a leather lazy boy from the 80's...sitting next to an ash tray at the airport...a thrift shop with mildewy clothes...grandma's dusty attic...a pair of old sneakers...a leather jacket worn at the Blue Oyster (if you are a fan of the 80's movie Police Academy). There's something so overtly dingy about this fragrance. There is also something really freaking fabulous about the 80's-retro-purple bottle. An urban hipster type of girl could seriously rock this perfume.

ok, so after reviewing white diamonds( which i can't wear) and black pearls (which i can't stand) its time to review this lux fragrance. the 1st time i used this i hated it. left it on the shelf and picked it up again and tried it just before xmas. i have to say, on first spray, i still don't like it, but after it dries down. well, this is the liz taylor perfume for me. it has the most, clean, powdery fragrant scent. kind of like i just got out of the bath after using some really expensive bath oil. this i love and i love the bottle, very chic.

barbaraghickey
barbaraghickey

Passion smells just like baby powder to me and I simply love it. Its one of my favorites. I also love Black Pearls and Diamonds and Rubies. I always get compliments for her fragrances.

gazelle
gazelle

I bought a full bottle at a yard sale for $1. Couldn't beat the price. Yes, it's heady and intense but hey, I like strong scents-until while wearing it to lunch and I developed a fever. The scent became so so intense I couldn't wait to get home and wash it off . I haven't given up on it, I want my money's worth(!). Actually, it's a wonderful mature fragrance which I wear with confidence. Thank you.

Adrien02
Adrien02

Smelling this straight from the bottle I can almost imagine it being an aftershave. After having tried it on my skin I can truly say it is a refined, albeit subdued oriental. A grown up-sexy oriental.
Not overpowering even though there are aldehydes in the top note. This could be a believeable unisex fragrance.

LIN
LIN

I don't like this frag. it smells old, nothing sexy or passionate.. just a sharp old fasioned masculin scent. i stay away from this one.

FruitDiet
FruitDiet

I LOVE Liz Taylor's first two fragrances, but White Diamonds suffers from overexposure. White Diamonds is also less friendly, more costumey and baroque than Passion, and while White Diamonds is somewhat masculine by today's standards, Passion is decidedly unisex. It's a lovely, cheap, heady, gaudy, loud, civet incense fragrance, plain and simple. I would recommend it as a budget-friendly alternative for fans of Comme des Garcons's incense series in a heartbeat. I would also recommend it to hippies who wish to graduate from patchouli oil but retain a headshop feel in their fragrance. The prominent animalics growling underneath the resinous, powdery, purple-smelling incense are what make it such a winner for me. I'd love to smell this on a woman, but I'd probably pass out with pleasure if I smelled it on a man. It can always be found for less than $15, and full bottles of the vintage parfum pop up at flea markets constantly. An underrated classic.

romrom
romrom

I had a friend who used to wear it in high school. It's an ok scent but not for a 16 year old no matter how old you are trying to make your self look.

mochaspice
mochaspice

I love Passion. What a unique scent. At first it seems kind of strong. But after a couple minutes it starts to calm down. It has a very romantic, relaxing feel to it. And the bottle is great. very vintage, unique.

hollycat
hollycat

An eighties SCREAMER. But honestly, I enjoy it, even though it evokes memories of massive hair, shoulder pads, and frosty lipstick.

Having said that... I would never wear this one in public. Its a perfume that I think everyone has smelled at some point in their lives, probably one times to many.

Its hard to describe because its such a conglomerate of smells but it still manages to hold my interest. Its sweet and spicy, with animalic notes that come out in the drydown. I swear I smell some violet peeking out.

The longevity of this is insane. Forever.
Sillage is unreal. A screamer like I said.

guest_guest999
guest_guest999

Well, I didn't expected sth good from it - actually, I got exactly what I was prepared for.
I guess it's the civet what makes it so stinky and dirty, old lady like.
Horror in the bottle.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

Wow! This is....wow! Very different, very strong. But I love it!

At first spray it comes across definitely smelling...purple! Grapey, winey? I can't tell...with almost masculine spices. Then immediately the woods, incense and lots of powdery orris root come out..somehow reminding me strongly of Ralph Lauren's Safari, which I LOVE, but with oddles more spices and a touch of leather and maybe just the merest dash of patchouli. Then the florals start to assert themselves a bit...and the honey, and the touch of citrus. The aldehydes are there to give it that whiff of something different and modern and freshen it up just a bit. But this one does have that touch of animalistic earthiness that I don't have in too many of my other fragrances and that sometimes I absolutely love, despite myself.

A very fascinating fragrance, definitely for colder weather. VERY, VERY strong - one small spritz shared between both wrists would be more than enough. Incredibly long-lasting (as in through the night and into the next morning). Distinctive, with a spicy sweetness that is balanced by the woods and florals and animalistic undertones. A woman has to be self-confident and completely comfortable in her own skin to wear this one.

guest_hagertygal
guest_hagertygal

OK, I think a lot of the negative comments are from folks not giving this a chance to mellow out after they apply it. First off, you only need ONE spray. It is very strong. I sprayed this at a drugstore the other day, and was overwhelmed. I was nearly embarassed to go to work, because the smell was nauseating, I thought it even smelled gross at first.

BUT.... about an hour later, it was something alluring. Now, even two days later, I can still smell it on my jacket, and it is very seductive! I think the trick is to spary it about an hour before you are going anywhere, not just before you run out of the house.

This perfume is dirt cheap now, and I must say, I will be picking it up. I LOVE IT!!!!! My husband even smelled my jacket, and said it was heaven. Then I told him it was the same scent he gagged on the other day, and he didn't believe me. He loves it, too!

I really really love this one!!
It has sooo many of my favorite notes!! Coriandre, Gardenia, Honey, Tuberose, Leather and so on and so forth. It just must be said, Passion, White Diamonds, Black Pearls, they are just amazing.
I wish we could be more appreciative to the houses and perfumes that make them self easy available by asking a fair price. Sometimes I think we appreciate the expensive ones more only because of the high price tag. I cannot state enough, judge only by liquid, the rest is irrelevant. Thumbs up for those that do not want us to be broke after buying.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Sweet civet incense! Unfortunately, I realized when I tested it that my ballet teacher (who used to make me cry) wore this perfume. It brought back a flood of anxiety and bad memories. :( Otherwise, it's an interesting scent.

nyoka
nyoka

I was desperate to find my hubbys fav scent.I told him the next time he smelled a woman that he really liked,to ask her what she was wearing.Well,it was passion.I ran out and bought some,came home and took a hot sensual shower,sprayed my wonderful treasure waited 30 min(had to let those first notes dry)and slinked into the den.I slowly walked over,sat in his lap,pressed my chest to his nose and said(honey,is this what you like)?He looked at me in horror,really almost wild eyed and sobbed(what in the world are you wearing)?He didnt mean my sexy little teddy either.Why you smell like the bug man!!!!needless to say,I dont like it.Really i didnt like it from the first spray.Soooo either the lady lied,or,my body chemistry is way out there.good thing though,it did not last long on me.Thank God.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

Passion started out strong and plush. I had dabbed some on my wrists and behind my ears, and that was plenty. I thought I was going to like it. Over time, though, it turned sort of powdery, then musty, then several hours later it was just downright stinky. I don't want to be gross, but Passion's farewell reminded me of preserved animals from high school biology class. I wish it could have stayed as nice as in the beginning :(

zbarroness
zbarroness

Loved the bottle, loved the 1st sniff - hated it on me. It just got stronger & stronger the longer I wore it.
Terrible headache & other people gave me the "what is that smell" look.

Firewhite24
Firewhite24

It came as a gift from my father. At first it is very strong but in a few minutes it turns into a powder type smell but it still has the strong scent that is like a punch to the face. There is so much going on that I cannot distinguish any of the notes.

I Love this one! Fine quality for a grood price too! For real women!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I like this perfume. Its one of the better ones that ET created. Its powdery scented mixed with a floral. Its not for everyone. I don't get the "Old Lady" picture in my head when I smell this so it is just a matter of what the nose perceives from it. Its one of the few perfumes that I received complements when waring. Go figure............not an all time favorite but a do like it alot.

Philyra
Philyra

One of the strongest perfumes I have tried, and I don't mean strong as a compliment. The dry down didn't help much either, as the perfume is quite linear and didn't change into something different or better. It was still like a punch on your nose! I think there is too much going on here, and as well as that, some of the notes do not go well at all with the rest of the formulation. If you are easily prone to headaches, keep miles away from this one.

ParfumOui
ParfumOui

Way too strong for my taste. The fragrance quickly became distorted even though I always keep all of my perfumes in its original box.

Passion! What a memory from the past!
I would feel a little bit ashamed now to say I wear Elizabeth Taylor on my skin, but back in time I did!
This was signature's scent for an old schoolmate and it suited her very much!
She was an exuberant girl and she also shared a hint of tackyness with this scent, LOL! So many memories!
Passion is really on a blade edge between sexy/passionate and granny/tacky. So funny.
I didn't know the formula was so complex. It mostly smells like a big bunch of flowers with powdered oriental spices in it. More of a floral-oriental rather than plain oriental. It is not a European scent, but it's very Elizabeth Taylor!
It surely hits you on your nose, may be in a good way or a bad one.
I tend to consider this as an night out sexy scent for a dinner or theatre, kind of a clichè. and believe it or not it smells romantic!
I can't find it anymore where I live. Anyway I wouldn't wear this now because of the '80s style it has. I don't like that trend anymore. I own a little very old miniature that has gone slightly off. It still smells so so. When I happen to open that little bottle a whole world is open again for me!
I have to be honest: I love this scent for a memory reason. If not, I would classify it as Museum half-crappy for overdone fake blond overdone lady in her 45 and most of all I would name it "tacky" in all its aspects: scent, bottle and box. Ivana Trump could wear this. A pleasant celeb genial expression of tackyness. A work of art.

sharyssa
sharyssa

One of my favorites. It has the most unique scent wether some think it is old lady or not I will wear it. It has powdery jasmine smell that I really like and it is strong but gets more mild as you wear it.

katyas
katyas

I picked this up on a whim today - they had 1/2 oz. bottles for $12.99 at my local CVS and I thought - what the heck! I'm glad I got it - it opens up somehow both sweet and spicy, the notes perfectly balanced to create a very unique arrangement on my skin. As it is settling it, it is becoming warmer and softer, but still maintaining that careful line of sweet/spicy. I really quite like it!

margierose
margierose

I love Elizabeth Taylors Passion. This is a sexy fragrance. I buy this one often.

sjanira
sjanira

I had this but after a while I just couldn't wear it any longer. It's quite strong and out there, gave mine to mom since she loves it so much.

BelleBeryl
BelleBeryl

oh my man catcher heady intoxicating
passionate scent so lovely

Passion by Elizabeth Taylor 3.28 out of 5 based on 454 ratings and 122 user reviews

Parfum 0.12oz
Passion by Elizabeth Taylor TESTER Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 2.5 oz
Passion by Elizabeth Taylor TESTER Eau de Toilette Spray for Women 2.5 oz
Passion by Elizabeth Taylor for Men Cologne Spray 4.0 oz
Passion by Elizabeth Taylor for Men Cologne Spray 4.0 oz
Passion Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
PASSION for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ TESTER
PASSION for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ
Passion Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Passion Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Gift Set 2.5oz
Passion Gift Set by Elizabeth Taylor Gift Set for Women Includes 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray .12 oz Mini EDP 6.8 oz Body Lotion
PASSION for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor SET-EDT SPRAY 2.5 OZ BODY LOTION 6.8 OZ PARFUM .12 OZ MINI
Gift Set 4oz
Passion Gift Set by Elizabeth Taylor Gift Set for Men Includes 4 oz Cologne Spray 4 oz After Shave
Gift Set 2.5oz
Passion Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor - -- Gift Set - 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray .12 oz Mini EDP 6.8 oz Body Lotion
Gift Set 4oz
Passion Cologne by Elizabeth Taylor - -- Gift Set - 4 oz Cologne Spray 4 oz After Shave
Elizabeth Taylor Passion Cologne Spray 118ml 4oz
Elizabeth Taylor Passion Cologne Spray 118ml 4oz
FragranceShop.com
Passion by Elizabeth Taylor for Women 3 Piece Set Includes 2.5 oz Eau De Toilette Spray .12 oz Parfum 6.6 oz Body Lotion
Aftershave 4oz
Passion by Elizabeth Taylor for Men 2 Piece Set Includes 4.0 oz Cologne Spray 4.0 oz After Shave

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Passion fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Passion, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Passion by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Passion by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.