Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Passion for Men Elizabeth Taylor for men

Passion for Men Elizabeth Taylor for men
dislike

Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor is a Oriental Woody fragrance for men. Passion for Men was launched in 1989. Top notes are orange, fruity notes, galbanum, bergamot, lemon, neroli and lavender; middle notes are carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, balsam fir, jasmine, cedar, geranium and nutmeg; base notes are tonka bean, amber, benzoin, oakmoss, vanilla, styrax, musk and vetiver.

Orange Fruity Notes Galbanum Bergamot Lemon Neroli Lavender

Carnation Sandalwood Patchouli Cinnamon Balsam Fir Jasmine Cedar Geranium Nutmeg

Tonka Bean Amber Benzoin Oakmoss Vanilla Styrax Musk Vetiver

Monsieur Lanvin

Passion for Men Fragrance Reviews

zehckham
zehckham

Blind buy here, very disappointed. Long lasting, not a very good fragrance. 3,5/10

GaryG
GaryG

This fragrance smells very nice on me, fruity and spicy. I tend to wear this during the cool fall nights and winter months. There is something very nostalgic and masculine about this fragrance. I have received some nice compliments while wearing it. Very good longevity. Great price too.

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

i dont like it smells to much like something for a woman not a man , i got a big bottle that just sits and rots

zinski19901
zinski19901

This is a great and underrated somewhat forgotten cologne. It's cheap and good quality with a great spicy lavender and fruity drydown. I used to have this and will likely get it again soon.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Not bad for how cheap it is. Got my 2 oz bottle at Marshalls for like $6. For that price you have almost nothing to lose. To my surprise, I found Passion for Men to be wearable and good for evening use. Slightly mature vanilla spice fragrance, but I think a young person can pull it off. In this same category (but not league) as CK Obsession for much cheaper. Decent longevity too.

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

As cheap as a bad date, perfect for a hot date. This is one of those must haves, even if you have expensive tastes this is worth getting, it smells so good, draws a lot of compliments and outshines some of those pricey fragrances. Tip top.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

This is one of my staples, as a crowd pleaser.
It's sweet, masculine fruity, Amber Passion Fruit, with warm cinnamon base. ALL the Notes are there if you focus, including the Nutmeg... kinda like the Nutmeg spice in Avon's Black Suede.
There is a hint of very rich cinnamon musk in the dry down. Vanilla Styrax Benzoin, all keep it aloft in a very cuddly sweet vanilla cloud, for a rather long time. My mate says it makes me smell like a cinnamon bun.

Sillage: Medium
Longevity: pretty good, reliable. Bottle 100mL goes a long way.

I love Celeb fragrances. E.Taylor had a real passion for this stuff. A Lot went into these!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Wow! I had been curious about this fragrance ever since I started seeing that beautiful purple box in stores like Walmart, Sears, and Marshalls.. I sniffed the womens Passion a couple times because my grandmother use to own it and it smelled deep and powerful.. I originally thought that Passion for men would have been to mature for me but I became tempted to try it.. A gift set with a damaged box happened to be on clearance for a couple dollars at Marshalls and I bought it.. I wore it today and was shocked! I know this has been reformulated but it still is great quality, especially for the price.. It smells great! Dark, mysterious, sexy, and its scent brings to mind the deep dark shades of purple just like the bottle.. It opens up with a herbal lavender, some fruity notes, and bergamot which gives this deep dark oriental a slightly fresh opening.. But that fades away and Passion for men starts to warm up.. A group of other notes come into play right away, some florals, patchouli, carnation, fir, sandalwood, benzoin and more but the dusty styrax, cinnamon, and vanilla dominate.. There is alot of vanilla in here but Passion does not smell foody.. Passion smells dark, mysterious, mature, and sexy.. Passion is perfect for me, it is a bit mature but I am 20 years old and it works for me.. There is no other super cheap scent out there for men that can really top this, better than curve and the others.. I think everyone out there that likes orientals and dark scents should try Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for men.. The projection and longevity are moderate but the scent is very nice! Give it a try, you can not beat the price..

Hellenna
Hellenna

On me, this smells of musk, vanilla and spiky soapy lavender. The soapy lavender reminds me of freshly shaven man. However, I prefer, musky and slightly more animalic. As the hours pass, no notes become more prominent and it had all disappeared by the morning. I tried layering with Obsession, but the soapy lavender was still prominent. Tabu managed to absorb it. My husband thought it smelled too masculine - on me.

I can now detect the cedar, fir and oakmoss notes behind the cool lavendar, but I wish they'd fade and give the musky, spicy warm notes a chance. But they don't on my skin. Unfortunately, it smells nothing like Bal a versailles on me.

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

Great i like much

tgnetz
tgnetz

I found a gift set of this on clearance recently and couldn't pass it up (I needed some after shave and at this price it was worth it.

The bottle I got is obviously a reformulation. While the fragrance is detectable and lasts, the sillage is not there. The scent extends arms length at best. With that being said I have to admit this fragrance is interesting.

This seems very unlike the typical men's power house fragrances of the 80s. I can understand the reviews describing this scent as unisex or feminine but this scent is definitely masculine. Soft, but masculine. The floral notes blended with all else gives this a sort of a chocolate feeling at first but it dries down to a complex and thick scent.

Had this been stronger with more projection I would have certainly enjoyed this more but because of what it is now I would reserve this for quiet and intimate date nights in the spring, fall, or winter.

The initial impression I get reminds me of the powdery freshness of Paul Sebastian Fine Cologne, but heavier.

I would also like to comment as to how cheap the bottle is. The bottle is very generic with no identifying labels whatsoever. It also seems like the cap for the after shave twists off with little effort and only a half a twist and the fragrance can be sensed outside the closed bottle leading me to believe it is not air tight and if not used will dry out over time.

herreroph
herreroph

I love this one.
Great longevity and projection
Smells exotic and very aromatic.
Quality vs Price: 10/10

carolg
carolg

MisterCrazyLeg you killed me with your review. Thank you ! I was in such a crap mood until i read your review :)

So guys, I have just had a moan regarding the disappearance of Bal A Versailles from the planet (apart from the greedy folk charging arm and leg for the few that remain, even non vintage) bearing in mind BAV was supposed to be Michael Jackson's fave fragrance I am wondering if Liz Taylor created Passion for Men with Michael and BAV in mind, since a few folk here say the two frags smell similar?

As i have no way of sampling the delights of Passion and feel tempted to blind buy, I need someone to enlighten me as to whether it is worth buying since i love BAV and Tabu and ET's Women's fragrances and the fact that i am female or is it too manly?

zerby
zerby

This was my first ever Cologne purchase when I was in my early 20's. Now after all those years, I want another bottle.

UPDATE: I did buy myself another bottle. It's just like I remembered it. I've been wearing it as much as possible.

fragracefreak101
fragracefreak101

I absolutely love this fragrance!!!! It very sophisticated and obviously cause i mean look who made it, Elizabeth Taylor!I Im VERY glad i took this risk without smelling it but i kinda knew it would smell amazing anyway. Its very spicy, sweet, sexy smell. This cologne defiantly goes to the mature crowd maybe that's why many people don't like it or hate cause it not for them maybe? I love it, its ine of my personal favorites. I give this a cologne a 9.5/10 Average! Nicely Done Elizabeth May you rest in peace...

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

Once you get passed the intensity of the scent, the warmth and sweetness of the cologne takes you somewhere very safe and pleasant. You gotta know how to apply it or it could bother people though. It is also very cheap that makes it even lovelier.

AZJeff
AZJeff

I tried this and even owned a bottle of this. Not to my liking. It doesn't smell any better on me, even after the drydown. It's just too sweet in the wrong direction,is the best way I can put it. "Alfred Dunhill London"does it to me in the same way,but it's worse.! Packaging looks too feminine. If they didn't print"for men" on the box,who would know.? This could be a unisex cologne cause it's sweet enough.

jht4060
jht4060

Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men (what a double-edged name - one imagines all the lucky men she seduced) is one of those cheapies that you can't quite believe smells so good. The top has some aromatic fougere green sharpness, which fades into a warm nutmeg spicy ambery middle, and then a vanilla ambery base. Nothing surprising or unusual but impeccably blended and solid as a rock. I imagine a classy young Liz Taylor before she lamented the loss of her youth and turned into a big-jewelry horror show, giving the world a lesson in how not to grow old gracefully. I don't normally do celebrity-named scents because they seem so crassly commercial, and here I am extolling the virtues of one. Well, at least this is a classic dead celebrity and not a current one!

After purchasing a heinous number of niche perfumes (with great damage to my wallet) I am currently enjoying ferreting out cheap perfumes that smell like they are expensive. Ignore inflammatory jibes from perfume snobs - they secretly dislike the idea that someone can smell great with pocket change. The bottles for these beauties range from rather plain to truly horrid (the plastic Old Spice bottle comes to mind), the caps often feel as if they will shatter if you pinch them, and the spray mechanisms are a bit iffy, but nobody will guess when all they experience is the liquid inside, unless you are unfortunate enough to run into an expert with a great scent memory ("Excuse me, is that Tabu you are wearing? How dreary."). Here are some of my favorite finds (with cheapie loosely defined), which I will try to update as my search goes on. There are quite a few others that I don't think much of, but I am feeling in a generous mood so will simply omit them. Those that are a bit over my arbitrary cheapie category are marked $. If you have a suggestion for me to try, send me a note!

Balmain Ambre Gris $ - ambergris solinote with a bit of sweetness added
Dana Ambush - exotic fruity sweet oriental (quite a few people don't like this one, but I do)
Dana Canoe - warm sweet tonka-lavender
Dana Tabu - rich ambery civet (my current king of the cheapie), sure to get you laid, any of the four genders, or are there six now
Dana Toujours Moi - gentle woody oriental
Dana Zig Zag - excellent citrus and tarragon, getting hard to find
Ferrari Uomo - simple nice leather, one of the few cheapies with an excellent bottle
Intimately Beckham Men - gentle spicy wood and violet, though the idea of being intimate with either Beckham creeps me out
Jacomo de Jacomo - a slightly odd but interesting spicy leather oriental
Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights - should be renamed In The Library - smells just like old books (marketed femme but I have no idea why)
Lalique Encre Noir $ - inky vetiver
Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin $ - anise and wood with a touch of sweet
Molinard Jasmin - lovely jasmine solifor (very femme)
Molinard Habanita $ - leather oriental (marketed femme, seems more homme to me)
P&G (Shulton) Old Spice - lovely then, lovely now, ignore reformulation delusions
Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose - ridiculously cheap and realistic rose soliflore (very femme)
Revlon Fire & Ice - warm semi-sweet amber
Royall - all of them, though most are simple single notes, my fave is Lyme
Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange - juicy fresh sweet burst of orange, peel and juice
Rochas Tocade $ - warm vanilla oriental
Slava Zaitzev Maroussia - floral resiny woody
Ungaro Ungaro III Pour L'Homme - classy aromatic woody
Versace Dreamer $ - dreamy tobacco-tonka-wood
Zirh Ikon - remarkable spicy-woody oriental in premier bottle and cap quality

HORACIOAG
HORACIOAG

i loved it!!! so sad ii´s discontinued

Just tried some of the vintage. It reminds me of Night Spice, an Old Spice flanker from the 80s, I think. Basically, think of vintage Old Spice with some lavender added and perhaps better blending and you'll probably be fairly close. Not bad but there are others I have that are similar and that I prefer. In fact, I have a new, "old stock" 4 ounce Night Spice I'd like to swap, so getting a bottle of this one would really put me into the "hoarder" category, which I'd like to avoid! If you are seeking something like Versailles Pour Homme, I doubt this one will satisfy, but it's certainly good for what it is.

Layzie
Layzie

Passion for Men is a dark, warm, and spicy perfume. The acrid opening caused my head to jerk back and away from the test strip, but once you let it settle, it's a whole new game. The fragrance mellows but stays strong yet pleasant.

The sales associates all told me they weren't fans of the fragrance, claiming it was for older gentlemen. They were all in their twenties. At times, I admit Passion for Men was redolent of a pencil box, so test this out before you buy it.

md2221219
md2221219

عطر شتوي ساحر وجذاب من مجموعتي الخاصه

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Seek out the Cologne Concentree Version with the crest on the bottle. You can find mini sprays of this at eBay as well as larger bottles popping up from time to time. It is so much richer, has much greater depth, and is slightly darker than the original version...a vanilla/Oriental lover's dream and completely unisex.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Every time I wear this I feel like an 80s Chippendales stripper.

Hollie
Hollie

This stuff can be purchased for next to nothing but it is SO good.

I own and enjoy several mens fragrances but this is the only one in my collection that truly smells unisex."Unisex" really doesn't cut it....the feeling I get...it's more of a gender-less smell....not that I try to shove smells into boxes but most of us have been conditioned from an early age to recognize certain smells as male or female....we can't help it. Maybe it's just the way the notes play with my own chemistry but Passion works.....and it works on both my husband and myself.

It's warm and spicy and woody and divine. Right up front is when it smells the most "masculine" to me. The cedar, fir and and citrus fruits are prevalent. After just a few minutes, Passion evolves into something so comforting...yet so sexy. It's rich with sticky resins,vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. The sharper citruses have faded away and the woods have deepened yet taken more of a backseat at this point. When I really get my nose down in it and right up against my skin, I get a soapiness that I think may be coming from the various flower notes but especially the lavender. And though it's not listed, there's something smooth and round and nutty that reminds me of almond. This isn't a "clean" scent though....it's deep and sultry and dark and dirty. Makes me feel like I'm visiting a sophisticated head shop....not one with corny tie dyes and ceramic Grateful Dead bears but one with imported,artisan oils and incense,silk batiks,hand-woven fabrics and carved wood furniture.Or perhaps a drum circle lit by the dying light of campfire sparks that mingle with the heady aromas of sweet sweat and musk and puffs of ceremonial smoke.

Me likey.

UPDATE: Oh....I wanted to add that it's been awhile since I've smelled it but this reminds me a little of one of my favorite discontinued perfumes....MAC MV3!

Slain
Slain

Happened to come across an original bottle; at first it has a strong and almost overwhelming scent, but as it mellows, especially on my skin, the base notes really jump out. The fragrance lingers about the skin for quite a while and can frequently smell it even after a shower.

Personally I love this. It's got a nostalgic smell about it and highly recommended it.

Assertive & strong men would smell great wearing this.

krmarich
krmarich

I happened upon a limited edition Cologne Concentree dated 12/89. It has the golden crest on the box and bottle and is about 4X stronger than the current formula on the market. It was the curtain call for BIG 80 offerings. The world was a lot different then. This is not a bargain composition as the original production must have been astronomical. In its its day, I remember it was around $25. a bottle. Inflate the cost today.

It is a classic fougere in all aspects. Its rather green, opening with galbanum, some cedar and pine that gives way to the classic patcholi, vetiver and oakmoss combination wrapped in a rich, spicy, sweet blanket that feels like a purple mist created by an alien incense not of this world. The same thing is in the original Passion for women. Its mysterious and seductive and continues to develop for hours and projects richly. Every shade of purple is revealed, with a hint of gold.

I know its not the lavender and violet is not listed yet I suspect its in there. Peach or plum? Purple rose and ylang ylang? I blame the color of her eyes. Its like her eternal gaze...Wearing it is like having her otherworldly presence near. Yes, I am being dramatic. Blame the perfume.

Passion for men was only really around for a few years then quickly left the stage for lighter offerings. It grabbed my attention. I only had a mini version of it in the day. I would never forget it. It was absolute vintage Hollywood royalty from the Last Star herself.

EA Fragrances has relaunched it a while back with a fraction of the original power. Sadly, this original formula is quite rare today. For vintage lovers/collectors or those who remember its glory, keep looking for a bottle that pops up occasionally to experience this majestic wonder.

Celebrity=Richard Burton

Senzadite
Senzadite

I like this...i just wish it were a little stronger on the projection side but im fine; new orientals for men should learn from old school colognes like these soft oriental.

RIYL: 212 Sexy for men, Opium Pour Homme, CK Encounter

gr8daddyg
gr8daddyg

I just barely clicked "like" on this one in favor of dislike...but I'll go ahead and give it a passing grade. The first spray smells so cheap and medicine-y that I almost changed my clothes and gave the bottle to the first teenager I came across. It's only redeeming quality comes through after it dries down when it becomes a much better scent that is sweet and musky. I wish it had a better opening for certain. But overall the cologne still smells cheap to me. Would not buy again.

denhendricks
denhendricks

Like the smell but a bit busy many smells going on all at once. But this is a longevity+projection monster last forevever. Gives a memory of Red Hots the candy.

Smell=6.5
projection/longevity=10

blauriche
blauriche

I agree with a previous review that you can't really judge this thing by the weird, synthetic, perfumey opening. It settles down into a smooth sandalwood-vanilla-cinnamon sort of thing. It's a pleasant smell and people certainly pay a lot more to smell like a french vanilla cappuccino.

Anonymouse
Anonymouse

Bargain scents usually propose and interesting challenge to the fragrance community. There will be little to no points awarded for name recognition, brand loyalty, rarely a chance of any true quality ingredients and yet some have such charm, such character you cannot help but smile and enjoy what so little has bought you. I came across a 2oz. (60 ml) bottle marked down to 6.99 USD. At this price anything you ever flirted with the idea of acquiring before becomes a "why the hell not" moment. I'm so glad I did. This little oriental scent has such a pleasant drydown that you forget it has top notes at all. With such a long list of notes it is not nearly as muddled a composition as something this cheap could be. It flirts so dangerously to being a feminine scent while remaining restrained at the cusp. Very smooth and very soft with a pillowy vanilla feel seemingly outlined by florals this is not a wear to work scent (unless it's Valentine's day, then all bets are off) this is a quiet date night scent. Better suited to the bedroom than a dance floor or board room. This is not a love letter to Passion for men nor is this a masterpiece nor even my favorite. What it is though is a whole lot more than what you paid. If you come across it, and the price is right, pick it up. You won't be disappointed, neither will your significant other.

jessica31876
jessica31876

By far my favorite fragrance for men in general but defenitely for my husband. It is comforting but still really sexy. I cannot describe the scent in any other way.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This is a cologne that I wouldn't have expected to like. But like it, I do! I don't find it too strong or overpowering like a lot of other cologne's done in the 1980's. The smell is pleasant and yes, maybe a tad on the feminine side but I would say it has a nice mix of feminine and masculine. For the cheap price, I think it's a good buy and there really isn't anybody else wearing it so it stands apart from the most popular fragrances out there right now. This is an older cheapie that is still a goodie! I can still smell it on myself at the end of the day too so the staying power is decent.

jazz444
jazz444

Never laugh or scoff at scents based on their price, name, or any other reason, because they may turn out to be one of your favorites. Such is the case with Passion for Men--an all-but-forgotten, incense-heavy, delightful oriental that has brilliant power. I want to reach for this weekly.

lister
lister

Vanilla,Lavender.Spices.Not sure why I bought this,but the price tag-8.99 was very appealing.
The reality is that this scent is kinda sweet,too much lavender and spices kick in 30 min.Cough syrop?Yes, in a good way.Feminine? Yes.
I feel like I bought a bottle of bath oil at some Egyptian street market.
Not bashing this cologne, no,it's just lacking freshness and it's kind of heavy ,just like sweet cough syrop.
The bottle,cap,PLASTIC atomizer look very cheap.

Bobster
Bobster

I tested this today and I instantly picked up the vanilla and it is done right in this fragrance. Upon first application I loved it but after a few minutes when It got into the middle and base notes it seems to have fell apart. I am definitely not giving this a bad review because it stands on its own two feet. It's just not for me.

four_strings
four_strings

I literally stumbled on this by accident. I was walking in the rain and ducked into a men's clothing store to buy an umbrella. It was 1989 and this cologne had just hit the market. "Buy the cologne for $50 and get a free umbrella!"

This instantly became my signature scent (for awhile). I've worn this for the last 20+ years and have never had anyone indicate they didn't like it on me. It's a very romantic, sexy smell. Many great date nights have come from wearing this one!

Starts off a bit flowery but as it mellows it gets much more spicy, woody, and masculine. This scent has some "prettiness" to it (most of which fades back over time); however, if you can pull it off, you won't "smell like a girl". If not, well...

I've yet to meet a woman who said it didn't smell good on me. It's gone the "out of sight; out of mind" route so it's still unique. Not many men wearing this one regularly. Since it's not as popular now, it's pretty inexpensive too. Definitely worth a try, if you want to add a mysterious oriental to your collection.

purplesun
purplesun

To me, this is a very comforting oriental. It is probably unlike any other scent in that category, enveloping you in a warm cloud of vanilla, tonka, spices and resins. They may not necessarily be all naturally obtained, yet the resulting composition is readily enjoyable.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Aldehydic Lavender, Vanilla, Tonka, Pepper, Orange Cinnamon, Something berry like, spicy fruity, almost camphoracious. Reminds me of the Licorice vibe of a Black Jelly Bean.
The purple color and Masculine florals reminds me of the Aldehydic freshness of Alfred Sung Homme.
...it has a hint of Passion Fruit in there too. At the dry down.

Sillage: Modest
Longevity: kinda ok. stays Masculine fruity like.

andy
andy

Passion really does have a nice woodsy smell with some sweetness from various exotic notes, spices, florals in a nice balance but it just does not last 1 hour on my skin

typical cheap celeb scent where the lasting power is too low to make it work

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

im so happy i bought this on impulse and so pissed i waited so long. I like passion for women so i figured this would be a shoe in. Just like everyone says it is very different. From the first spray it smells like a light passion for women but with a typical mens water/musk scent. For lack of a better example lets say gucci guilty for men. That type of 90s smelling mens scent. I dont dislike guilty but i dont find it to be particularly unique. This is that and more with a hint of passion and a present but gentle lavender and woody coolness. Theres probably some vetiver but i dont feel like scrolling all the way up to check the notes. This scent isnt terribly unique either but thats actually what ive been looking for. I have too many flagship scents with enough character and uniqueness to knock over an elephant and sometimes i just want something that doesnt make me think a whole lot but still has some sort of imagination. The bottle as well as the scent stays in the same family as passion but with a masculine twist. Cooler and less ornate, the bottle still that signature violet and the art deco rising sun pattern. I would recommend this to anyone men or women who like passion, or to those who want to but cant. Its close enough to love but different enough for anyone else to like instantly. Definitely not a learn to love like the womens version

Macassar
Macassar

no ,no , no , too synthetic , no glamour , smells like an old fashioned barber shop perfume , headache at the end !

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A very interesting oriental - the lavender up front really feels more like the intro for a fougere (and I'm surprised it isn't listed on this site), but eventually it warms into a dusty composition of cinnamon, styrax, nutmeg, and vanilla. Things are briefly brightened by a very dry bergamot, but Passion never really lightens up. This is a dry, dark, spicy scent with a very nice inedible vanilla base. Longevity is short, but that's where the pricetag comes into play, and for a drugstore fragrance, I'd rather the cheapness be in the longevity than in the scent quality. The scent IS quality, surprisingly. The box and bottle are oddly gothic, however, and the dry, aromatically herbal lavender that pervades the scent structure makes it feel a bit funereal and spooky. Passion is the darker Liz, before she got all bright and glittery with her '90s gemstone frags, and I like this Liz better. If you're skeptical about the scent, try it, give it a few wearings, and revisit it as it dries down. It's not going to feel like top-shelf perfume, but it's much better than you think.

reidb18
reidb18

well done Liz smells very mature and exotic very different from the female version. Was one of my favorite fragrances when I first bought and still is over 20 years later (even after the recipe and bottle were changed)

soned
soned

I've been using this since 1990. Don't walk away from it when you test it, the top notes are kind of feminine and harsh. Wait about 40 minutes, and then let the magic of this fragance grab you, and those around you. Very sexy and romantic (for dating only, no doubt), 30 year and over, lasts forever, and women loves it!.

shannonrenee83
shannonrenee83

My boyfriend bought this from TJ Maxx because it was marked down, and it smells great. I love when he wears this, I find it very seductive. It smells like a mature sexy confident man. Not like all these cheap young guy smells they make today that all smell the same and smell bad. This is different and really good.

2CentsOnScents
2CentsOnScents

This is a nice fragrance that can be found for great prices. I don't exactly care for the fragrance until the dry down and then the vanilla starts to come out for me. It starts off too spicy and sharp then dries into a nice unoffensive vanilla based fragrance on my skin. 7.5 out of 10. Nicely priced frag that many could wear and have as a signature scent.

Aria-Rose
Aria-Rose

"Dark and mysterious, but behind the cape is romance." Wow, what a statement. I can totally agree with that.

Waiting for the dry-down is something of a thrill. From underneath this cape you speak of, comes bursts of lavender florals, woods and amber that illustrates the very colors on the box. Smoothed over by bergamot and romance defined by ylang ylang.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I am not familiar with the concentree version of this cologne released in the early 90s. I was much too young to even have something such as fragrances in mind, but I savor my moments with the "Passion" that I know. Dark and mysterious, but behind the cape is romance. This is worn by a gentleman who is aware of what he wants and eliminates his obstacles.

raverdudes
raverdudes

Does anyone remember the concentrated version of Passion for men that was available in the early 90's? It was called "concentrated cologne" and it had a golden crest symbol on the bottle. I don't know how long that version was available, but I can't find it or anything about it nowdays, but I remember buying a 4oz bottle of it in 1991 and liking it MUCH better than the original, although the original is good, but not as intoxicating, or intense and long lasting as the concentrated version was. I think they're using a lot of synthetics in the version nowdays because it has a weird chemical smell in the drydown that was never there before. If that is the case it's really a shame they have to skimp on quality ingredients and ruin a good thing. To my nose, they did the same thing to the women's version...so sad.

*sophi*
*sophi*

It is really spicy but still sweet and tender.Wear it for romantic evenings.Draws compliments.I like it

LuvWarrior
LuvWarrior

I bought this when it first came out. It was a little too sweet and feminine smelling for me. By feminine, I mean it smelled too much like a women's perfume than a men's cologne.

Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor 3.80 out of 5 based on 179 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Passion for Men by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.