Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Sparkling White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women

Sparkling White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

yellow floral
Sparkling White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures Sparkling White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures

Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor is a Floral fragrance for women. Sparkling White Diamonds was launched in 1999. Top notes are lily, gardenia and neroli; middle notes are jasmine, rose and narcissus; base notes are amber, woodsy notes and musk.

Lily Gardenia Neroli

Jasmine Rose Narcissus

Amber Woodsy Notes Musk

M Moi

Sparkling White Diamonds Fragrance Reviews

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

Clean, soapy and slightly powdery. There is not much more to be said about this. I ordered it blindly out of curiosity and I don't dislike it but I certainly don't love it. Longevity is very good for such a soapy clean scent. I don't mind inoffensive perfumes like this one, but I prefer a perfume with more character.

The_Entity
The_Entity

This reminds me of Elizabeth Arden's True Love, but this is much sweeter and lasts longer, a winter day frag

glambert
glambert

I'm not a fan of this fragrance. As soon as I smelled it, I felt like there was something extremely synthetic about it. I had my brother smell it and he said it smelled like laundry detergent. I smelled it again and I realized he was right, Sparkling White Diamonds smells exactly like a strong and cheap floral laundry detergent. I'm sorry, but I think this perfume smells awful and I don't understand its appeal at all. The only positive aspect of it in my opinion is its moderate longevity.

kareembrightman
kareembrightman

un parfum exceptionnel !!!!! Il me fait penser a la premiere version du parfum Dolce & Gabbana pour femme, pas la réédition mais l'original avec plus de tenu ...

ZackJSullivan
ZackJSullivan

I found a bottle of this, and I really wanted to try it after the reviews I read here, and since I really loved White Diamonds!

After I got home and sprayed it, it immediately did not mix well with my nose, and irritated it almost instantly.

The scent is definitely fresh, heavy powdery notes, with some heavy white floral notes in it, all of which I love, but for some reason, this particular mixture was a bust for me, as it just didn't work well with my nose.

I've since given my bottle away after making a few attempts to wear the scent and having continued non-success.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I find this to smell just like a lighter version of White Diamonds. I have them both and sprayed one on each arm; the difference is barely discernible. I really like them both! I prefer the strength of White Diamonds though. Gave the bottle I had away.

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

After having it for years, I have at last come around to writing a review.
SWD is an very cold floral. It is the scent of an aloof, glamorous, and timeless woman. Her attitude is ambiguous; either she is frigid and above-it-all, or she is simply introverted. Either way, she isn't terribly approachable. While Sparkling White Diamonds is lovely, and certainly not as dated as some of Liz's other fragrances, it isn't something that I enjoy wearing as well as I would like. Rather than finding this fragrance a disagreeable scent, I merely feel as though our personalities somewhat clash.
If you are interested in a perfume that is well-wrought and evocative of a beautiful ice queen, give this one a try. At the price you can find it most places, it isn't really a loss if you don't end up liking it.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

I do like Sparkling White Diamonds, especially when compared to the original White Diamonds which I cannot wear. SWD is definitely much more wearable overall. It is slightly soapy, a touch powdery, and clean. It's pretty linear, and I hardly get any gardenia or rose from this, at least not that I can easily identify. I think SWD would be good for day wear. I can't say I love it, but every time I wear it I like it just a little bit more.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

This is my all time fav perfume by Liz Taylor this is more clean smelling alittle soapy and you can smell the rose I just love this. I also like the Original diamonds it smell nice. But I love S W D I find this perfume so strong and holds long I love it way too go Liz one of your best!

RebelPrincessx2u
RebelPrincessx2u

I used to be obsessed with anything snow queen-like :) For this reason, I gave Liz's Sparkling White Diamonds a try! Believe it or not...this perfume reminds me a lot of True Star by Tommy Hilfiger. As a young teen I was given True Star and when I smelled Sparkling White Diamonds it brought me back. This is what I would call a light scent! It is much less overpowering by about a 1/4 of the sillage of White Diamonds. You are a snow angel when you wear this...for that reason S.W.D is wearable in the Winter! I can smell the Gardenia, Lilly, Citrus and woodsy notes! Wear this when you are going to work or out with friends :) This is what I'd like to call a younger fragrance surprisingly! Imagine you are laying in the snow making snow angels and a beautiful snow covered, fur wearing, blond Elizabeth Taylor takes your hand and lifts you from the ground. She places the perfume in your hand...you open your eyes...now you're laying in a cloud made of cotton. You can feel your back feels funny...you earned wings...Angel of the Sparkling White Diamonds <3

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I've been collecting Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes. I find them interesting, well-made and each one I've worn seems to have its place in my perfume world. They aren't quite drug-store perfumes, as they are sold in Sephora and Macy's, also. Elizabeth Taylor wanted all women to experience her fragrances, and I think that was a wonderful idea that she promoted. I really don't know why some call them a drug-store perfume when in reality, they aren't. The idea was to market them to women of all socio-economic levels so they could experience the wonderful world of perfumery no matter where they shopped without snobbery. It worked. Except there are still snobs in our world of perfumistas that insist on turning up their noses at the line. They don't know what they are missing, I truly believe.
Sparkling White Diamonds holds its own on my vanity amongst all my perfumes with integrity. I've found with the one's I've owned so far, six to date, there is always a very strong opening that seems assaulting. But hey-I fight back because I like the strong notes in the beginning. In the case of Sparkling White Diamonds, it's the mix of delightful florals. These perfumes almost appear to start out as a bullying perfume. They can be strong, brash and appear to be too much. But there are two things to consider: 1.) the application and 2.) the strength.
All of her fragrances are strong and radiate well. Application should be minimal or sprayed at least an hour before leaving home. Even the EdT is very strong, so be careful. The EdP's change slightly and should be dabbed at pulse points. There is a lemony wax feel, not unlike a creamy furniture polish. It submerges the florals at times. Sparkling White Diamonds dries down within a half hour to a much softer version of its original self. Not a business frag, its a good scent to wear to dinner, to a party, or around the cold winter holidays.
The EdP dries down to a sweeter musk and floral than the EdT for me, while the Edt dry down is sharper throughout. Both are very feminine. Either way, with both, I enjoy wearing Sparkling White Diamonds.
Top notes come through loud and clear and when Sparkling Diamonds ends its run, its just a quiet musk. The bottle is a pale mid-blue clylindrical with a silver plastic cap and the traditional band of white diamonds surrounding it. The EdP bottles are adorned with little gold bows on top that can either be encrusted with faux diamonds and depending on the perfume, a faux emerald, ruby, sapphire or diamond.
I'm looking forward to my next purchase of an EA perfume.

Hollie
Hollie

Sparkling White Diamonds is a "younger" and sweeter version of the original. I don't smell the aldehydes as in the original either but there is just a phantom hint. Sparkling White Diamonds is probably my favorite of the three ( Original and Brilliant) This one reminds me of juicy fruit gum and white flowers....there's something "chewy" and "yellow" about it..for lack of better description. Although sparkling on top, it's deep and rich. Someone else described it as feeling cool or cold but to me, it's quite warm....especially compared to Brilliant White Diamonds which, to me, is very cool....like a visit to a lush pond on a cool, rainy afternoon. Wear them side by side and you will see what I mean. I normally don't care much for Lily or Gardenia as they tend to wear on me like a clean powder room but I think the florals are blended nicely here as neither of them are glaringly obvious to me. There is a lushness to this one too and a wisp of old fashion-ness....just enough to keep a bit of vintage vibe from it's predecessor but still be modern and fresh. I wonder if this might become cloying in hot weather.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I could have SWORE I smelled dusty/poedery violet's ? ? ? ? ? & there is NONE ???? wow what is making me think I was smelling a powdery violet ? ? ? ?

celebrity89
celebrity89

This is a very lovely perfume, younger than the matronly White Diamonds, and more complex than Brilliant White Diamonds. Similar to Elizabeth Arden Mediterrainian. This frag smells like the sweet perfumes I remember from my childhood in the late 60's.
It also reminds me of a vintage perfume in a heart-shaped bottle, possibly Blue Waltz? If I'm right, please post!

francisrose
francisrose

I have had this perfume for awhile and rarely wear it, however I pulled it out tonight, and sprayed a little on after my bath. It started out a little pungent, like an ambery floral, not bad, but not great either. After a few minutes it was still not grabbing my attention, but a half hour later, oh my! I love the drydown on this perfume,and the soft powdery, musky floral trail that is left behind.It is definitely clean and comforting. It is not a powerhouse floral but there is a beauty here that cannot be denied!

CoriH
CoriH

I love it. At first blast I found it to be a bit strong and heady and thought that it would be overwhelming, maybe I just applied it with too heavy a hand. Anyway within 5 minutes it settled down into a lovely fresh clean powdery just from the shower floral scent. It's soft and very feminine, light and airy, perfect for warm weather and for everyday use. It may well become one of my staples.

takeasniff
takeasniff

This dried down to 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden on me. I have a box set of the minis and this one just smelled extremely similar to 5th Avenue. I do like it and I am glad I have it. I have not seen the larger bottles anywhere. The store always has the White Diamonds and the Emeralds, Rubies but not these ones. I will get a large bottle when I can find one. I found it goes through a lot of changes on my skin. The first spray was extremely strong and citrusy. Then is starts to become very soapy. It lasted quite a long time but not all day I did have to reapply it but I had to go through the whole Citrus blast again which I am not too interested in.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Doesnt smell that close to white diamonds and has a bit of a pungent smell initially but the melon smells very very nice once it gets to the heart and base notes

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

This was my last mini in a set of 4 Elizabeth Taylor minis (White Diamonds, Sparkling White Diamonds, Passion, and Forever Elizabeth). On this set, I guess I'm batting .500, to use a baseball analogy--I didn't like Passion and White Diamonds, but I liked Sparkling White Diamonds and Forever Elizabeth.

This one is all right. It smells nothing like White Diamonds to me. I couldn't smell a single note listed here. I smelled a fizzy ginger ale/cream soda, with some very subtle aldehydes, I guess, to keep it from being a gourmand. As the day went on, some orchid emerged. The scent is light--it fades quickly, lasting power maybe 4 hours.

My verdict: Violet Eyes is the best Elizabeth Taylor perfume I've tried. I'll keep this mini and the Forever Elizabeth mini just for variety, but I doubt I'll buy full size bottles of either.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Have it, agree others will like. Im a Liz fan!

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

I just bought Sparkling White Diamonds to honor Ms. Elizabeth Taylor and her prestigous life. May she now rest in peace. She was a beautiful woman and an Academy Award winning actor who also wore the most amazing diamond jewelry, which she also owned!
Oh la la, Elizabeth Taylor was born under a lucky star! Classy lady.
Sparkling White Diamonds is a fresh floral feminine fragrance. The Eau de Toilette is medium bodied with decent sillage and not over the top at all, which is good. A spring and summer perfume.
My nose detects the lily and neroli as the dominant fragrant notes. Nothing sweet or bitter to my nose. I agree that there is a fizzyness accord which I suppose that is why the perfume is called "Sparkling".
Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise is similar to Sparkling White Diamonds, although his does have a floral sweetness.

Sparkling White Diamonds is $12 for the 1.7 oz EdT spray. Good deal!

Sissi
Sissi

I got this for a Christmas gift and when i sprayed it
on my skin it opened with an sharp metallic scent of
aldehyde and i thought this must be an inexpensive
version of Chanel no 5 Unlike chanel it dried sweeter
and more softer florals came steeping though the notes.
What Sparkling Diamonds conjours up for me is a sight of
fresh white Lilies wet from the nocturnal summer's rain
giving off an sweet aroma from their long and sinuous
Petals blowing in the clear summer sky Gardenias blooms
under the Sun's gentile rays the reveal it's pure and
unblemished petals of Elegant white folds with it's
stately and trademarked buttery sweet scent, dries
with elusive jasmine blooming in a shady bush with it's
herbal greenish smell gives it an earthy quality.

Rose opens the middle with a velvety heart then
deep intoxicating of vain narcissus adds to the vanity
of beauty, The drydown is cloyinish with amber adds
the animalistic in us and dries with dry woods.

Sparkling Diamonds i can put in three words

Breezy Sexy and Beautiful.

guest_charo
guest_charo

got to love this perfume that i've searched the web for this, its a gift from my relatives from indiana, usa, i don't know if we got here in the philippines. i've got to inquire first.

millan
millan

Just sampling This, I just forgot I had a new bottle. It is so fresh and young
Perfect for any weather, It to smells like bubblegum .Makes me feel fresh clean & pretty. I like it very much.

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

I love this inexpensive EDT as a light, casual summer fragrance. It's a very, very fresh, clean, just-from-the-shower almost "soapy" floral with a touch of citrus to give it sparkle and a powdery/woodsy note that gives the drydown a touch more warmth. It's perfect for very hot weather because it's never cloying or too heavy, yet it's pretty long-lasting.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I got this one for my mom. The dry down smells similar to Essence by Narciso Rodriguez. It's soft, feminine and smells like roses.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very nice scent!! Way different than all the other ET scents thats for sure. This is crisp and fruity. The Sprarkling White and Brilliant White are just beautiful scednts.

Malegria
Malegria

This is so far the only one ET fragrance that I liked! A gentle lily and gardenia with a fresh accord of daffodil.It is a very deserving perfume,it does not smell old fashioned or pretentious and it does not give me a feeling of being stuck in an old wardrobe like all other ET perfumes did. I really liked it and for the price I will probably buy it. The bottle is very nice looking too, something that`s pleasant to hold in your hand or see on the dressing table.
Lovely!

sharyssa
sharyssa

Light and fizzy kind of fruity and powdery in a pretty bottle for a good price that is how I would describe Sparkling White Diamonds.Worth a try though in my opinion.

guest_gothchick
guest_gothchick

I LOVE THIS PERFUME SOO MUCH SOFT FLORAL AND VERY FRUITY

imgcas
imgcas

Hairspray and shampoo. That's how it smell to me. Nevertheless this is fresh and wearable.

Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor 3.72 out of 5 based on 103 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Sparkling White Diamonds, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sparkling White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.