Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Violet Eyes Elizabeth Taylor for women

Violet Eyes Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

Elizabeth Taylor launches her new fragrance Violet Eyes in April 2010. This sensual perfume is inspired by her iconic eye color; it is feminine, captivating, sophisticated and intriguing. Filled with a bouquet of the flowers Elizabeth Taylor loves, the composition is both modern and mysterious.

Top note is composed of fresh white peach, followed by the floral heart of jasmine and purple rose. Wonderful peony, amber and cedar form the long-lasting base of the fragrance.

It is available as 50 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Carlos Benaim.

Peach

Violet Eyes Fragrance Reviews

jblarson
jblarson

LOVE IT

very soft. I thought it didn't last on my skin but then got a great compliment(what are you wearing??), so ir musr linger. Great value.

Carnation
Carnation

Violet Eyes is all about peony and powder. It seems to hark back to the glamorous days of old Hollywood during the 40's and 50's. About 10 minutes after the initial spray, the sweetness of the peach and jasmine comes through and dries down to a powdery sweet white floral finish. Not offensive but not my cup of tea either.

Rie60
Rie60

This is my signature scent and my favorite perfume. It works really well with my chemistry.I don't find it strange thast there are no violets in it- It's named after Elizabeth Taylor and her famous violet eyes. My favorite note in any fragrance is cedar and this delivers-paired well with the powdery white floral and just a hint of the oriental. It's weird but I also pick up a salt tang. It's very dry, not at all cloying and I love it.

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

Violet eyes with no violet...

SRose
SRose

Unfortunately this just smells like fly spray on me! That'll teach me to blind buy...

heather62
heather62

This is a blind buy for me. I haven't had many good blind buys lately.

I want to like this but on me it smells like licorice, which I do not care for at all.

I'm trying to give this a fair try, but it just might not be for me.

If anyone is totally crazy about this, I would be willing to trade.

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

To my nose it is NOT even REMOTELY related to the original. But some how it actually smells quite nice but I prefr the original Xs 10

glambert
glambert

Violet Eyes is my favorite Elizabeth Taylor fragrance. The notes of fresh white peach, jasmine, purple rose, peony, amber and cedar are a lovely combination. I loved the woody, floral, and fruity scent. Sadly, I had to stop wearing it because the notes were starting to project too loudly on my skin and it was giving me headaches. But I would recommend it to others because the notes do blend together well.

dorothea333
dorothea333

This is so lovely. A mild, almost a bit creamy floral with this magic touch of cedar. It reminds me a bit of the cedar in Rose des Neiges, which is also so completely lovely.
I blindbought it a while ago, and I liked it well enough. Then forgot it a bit, and a few days ago I used again and just enjoyed it so much. It is inoffensive, affordable, and really worth a sniff or more, if you like a good healthy dose of cedar in your perfumes :-)It is very feminine though, if anyone should wonder about the wood

ShellBelle
ShellBelle

Tested this yesterday at Kohl's and fell instantly in love with it! It's not an overpowering floral, but very crisp and warm at the same time. If that makes any sense haha. Another that made me want to smell my wrists all day. It just made me happy!

ecerusen
ecerusen

bottled optimism :) warm spring days or hot summer days, when you wear your floral patterned dress, spray it and enjoy. btw my nose detect lilac note in it, actually i was pretty sure there is a lilac note but i was wrong :)
anyway, this stuff is perfect for every age and every situation. if you like floral perfume without cloying, this one is strongly recommended.

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

like nothing else i own
really beautiful
very cedar-y yet extremely feminine

i generally do big spicey bombs with huge sillage
obsession, tabu, habanita
or huge voluptuous roses
like knowing and diva

this is an effervescent picker upper
i can't see this really bugging anyone as far as on someone else
smells clean and pretty
not sexy
no "statement"

glad i bought it

imo, this is far from bubble gum. there is a lot of patchouli in this and there is sweetness. a sweet fruit scent. but, this is not a gourmand at all. it's actually a tad masculine. this dries down to a very pretty scent. i like it.

spotlights
spotlights

Absolutely NOT like White Diamonds. This perfume is sharp and 'clean'. Like a good wash in lifebouy soap. If you like Feminine, Powdery,Flowery,Classic and 1950ish scents, this is not for you. It is one on its own. Unlike White Diamonds, Diamonds and Sapphires, Emeralds, Rubies, Black Pearls etc. It may appeal to 'bubble gum' youngsters?

LeahJane1972
LeahJane1972

A light floral with a slight woody and musk back drop, and just a touch of sweetness. Lovely, but for some reason does not last long on me. I will try again soon.
It has been a couple of weeks since i tried this fragrance. Still pretty, but no hint of it after an hour, not even on my clothes. Time to pass it on.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Lovely, inexpensive fragrance, smells very clean, fresh, almost sparklingly so, like the fizz of lemonade!

Excellent scent for wearing to work as it smells very clean, feminine but not at all "perumey" or overpowering, nothing cloying about it, just crisp, clean, fresh and elegant.

Imagine a glass of sparkling lemonade or fizzy flavoured spring water, a clean window, a starched cotton shirt - it somehow has that sort of quality.

Longevity is good, it is also cheap enough to freshen up with during the day. Sillage is gentle so shouldn't cause any problems at work etc.

shushkin
shushkin

I bought this amongst other gifts for my Mum-in-laws 80th birthday. Bless her she is young at heart and why not. She loved it. She doesnt wear perfume that much so it was a little treat. Its a nice balanced, easy to wear scent that has good longeivity and medium sillage.
Please can someone amend the perfume details as sadly Liz is no longer with us!

francisrose
francisrose

I received a sampler of Elizabeth Taylor fragrances for Christmas, and pulled this one out to try at once. I have used all of her other fragrances and have enjoyed them greatly, but had never tried this one. My first impression was, "This is really pretty!" This fragrance is a woody floral that opens with a juicy peach note that gives way to a beautiful rosy fragrance. It has staying power, but is not overly clingy. Lace and cashmere, sweet kisses and all that is good. I think I could fall in love with this one.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

What can I say about this perfume but a must have.

I say this because its a very excellent day perfume and office friendly too! also yes this isn't like Elizabeth's first perfumes,
Violet Eyes isn't like her older sisters that were very opulent , passionate and elegantly bold.

Violet Eyes has a more casual elegant beauty, a lady still rich with depth but modest but strong in grace is her beauty where her presence really wont offend anyone for she isn't over powering and yet gets your attention a like mysterious mother of pearl caressing your senses and mind to wonder more of this beautifully mysterious, demure and provocative creature.

On me ,it lasted a nice modest amount of time and the sillage was also modest , I cant say which notes came out most with my body's chemistry all I can say is created a excitement for people trying to figure out where the gorgeous scent was coming from and once finding the source only to showered with complements and sincere admirations for such a mysterious fresh scent.
I highly recommend this for any woman of any age, perfect gift to a receiver who enjoys fresh feminine mysterious scent that always breaks the ice to make people come to you and get them to talk with you, its very inviting fragrance that stirs excitement.

BritneyJLOMariahperfumes
BritneyJLOMariahperfumes

Today I am warring Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor. This was the last fragrance she put our before she passed away. I wore it today to honor the last TRUE Hollywood Legend. Yesterday I wore her White Diamonds and I will be warring one of her fragrances for the next week to honor a true Legend and pioneer in the fight agents aids/hiv. We all love and Miss you Elizabeth Taylor!

RebelPrincessx2u
RebelPrincessx2u

Don't be scared...this is nothing like White Diamonds. If you think Violet Eyes is going to be a strong Tuberose disaster...you thought wrong. I describe this scent as purple roses in a calm Spring Rain. This has a cold feeling to it...A dark idea of tears falling down your face as you smell black roses...ok ha, maybe not this dark :D Violet Eyes is a woodsy-rose sort of perfume. It's nothing like Diamonds and Rubies...thankfully. Think of Dew on a rose too. It is quite long lasting and truly gorgeous! I wear this perfume whenever it rains...or so it seems like it. Elizabeth loves her peach notes :)and hopefully you do too. :) The peach is a strong white peach, much stonger in a way than perhaps Diamonds and Emeralds. I like to wear it if I feel sad, one reviewer said something about feeling sad when she wore it...I understand this <3 Just Beautiful!

Woodelf
Woodelf

This is, in my opinion, the best of all the Elizabeth Taylor fragrances. I am a lover of sweet, woodsy smells, and Violet Eyes is no exception.

On first spray, I get a sparkling whiff of peach and cedar. Yes, this frgrance definitely twinkles. It's somewhat bright and mischevious, like the word "impish" is missing from its name.

On drydown, the amber and rose rise up to pull this scent into the realm of soothing scents. Violet Eyes is my personal aromatherapy fragrance. It is so lovely and well-balanced with no overpowering notes. It's youthful, not powdery or syrupy, full of fresh peach and cedar. The sillage is not overpowering and lasting power is somewhere around 5 hours on my skin.

This is Ms Taylor's swansong fragrance, and a lovely one it is. Highly recommended for those who like woodsy florals.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I had never tried this one before, but I got a sample along with White Diamonds. WD doesn't work well for me no mater how beautiful it is - Some Lilies don't mesh well up close with my nose. But this oh mercy! Why oh Why have I waited so long to try this? This works so well with my chemistry.

Everything about this works for me, The peach is light and fragrant, lately I a have been drawn to peach and peach/amber scents. The peony/rose combo along with the amber and cedar are big craves of mine.

This is a love through and through and, I will be getting this very soon - it has the potenial of becoming a daytime signatue for me.

Princess Juice
Princess Juice

I've been wearing this for the past few weeks and I think it's a lovely fragrance to brighten up the end of summer. I admit it took a few days to get used to, as the first few days nearly caused a headache and I also felt it was a bit strong. Perhaps my body has grown used to this. Now I find it to be a light and enjoyable fragrance which can easily be worn during the day or evening. I wear it to work in an office and the lady next to me told me she quite liked it as well. I've also had a couple people tell me it smells like D&G Light Blue. I find it very similar, but I find that Violet Eyes has a white musk scent (not listed as a note) that definitely stands out in the dry down. This is a lovely and affordable fragrance appropriate for the over-thirty population.

dimplesg
dimplesg

Beautiful - fresh but powdery. Doesn't smell as mature as White Diamonds. I can see the similarities with D&G Light Blue as some reviewers have mentioned but Violet Eyes has more depth. I've just bought it so I have no idea about longeivity but I agree that this was Elizabeth Taylors best contribution to the perfume world.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a wonderful woody scent with a hint of fruit -- the peach is fresh and true but never sticky sweet or overwhelming. The focus of the composition is the cedar and it lasts really well, buoyed up by the warmer amber. Because of the warm amber I think this is a fruity scent one could wear all year. Lasts very well.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

I was given 2 fl. oz. Violet Eyes Perfumes for X-Mas. I like this perfume! On a scale of 1 to 5, have to rate this one a 4. It's a definitely a day-time fragrance & most appropriate for use during the Spring Season. Has notes of jasmine, peony & purple rose. I personally wore this scent for work for the reason, it's light, fresh & won't offend. It's one of those day-time, everyday, & Spring Season kind of fragrances. I used up both bottles & so I do intend to purchase this perfume.

P.S. If you're seeking a light, fresh, powdery, & everyday kind of scent for use during in the Spring Season, I highly recommend Violet Eyes.

Norgirl
Norgirl

I am so suprised by this one . i did not have high hopes for this one . but this is so beautiful and elegant on my skin ;)
The Cedar lingers so well With the peach and rose . making it slightly Cold and refreshing. its like in a warm day when you nead that refreshment and coolnes on Your skin .. and goes inside a cool plaise and breath and feal calm ( hard to explain:)..)
I can feal slight touch of rose and Jasmin . the peonys . a tiny hint but this is way in the background . at least on my skin
This is a must try for Cedar lovers aswell as lightly floral lovers . beautiful and great for any ocation.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

This is very refreshing! It reminds me of a very watered down version of Nina Ricci "Love in Paris". VE has white peach in the opening whereas LiP has bergamot. They both share the floral notes jasmine, rose and peony. Where VE is based on amber and cedar, LiP is based on woodsy notes, musk and vanilla.
Therefore LiP is sweeter and rounder whereas VE is fresher and sharper.
LiP exceeds by far in longevity and sillage.
I love LiP, VE is just ok... for the short amount of time that it lasts on my skin, let's say an hour?

Justine Song
Justine Song

light, youthful, elegant smell, very soft and feminine. not something I was expecting but a good surprise! a hint of spice in it i think it is fennel but not very strong.

In Vogue
In Vogue

@butterfly blue: Glad you're enjoying it! It's so wonderful in humid weather, never overpowering, and very refreshing. Still one of my all-time faves!

Quaylou
Quaylou

I am not a fan of White diamonds or gag Passion. Maybe they are okay to some in very small doses, but they are too overpowering to me. I would never had even dared to try Violet Eyes until I read such wonderful reviews. I LOVE this scent. It is a creamy bouquet of flowers. It is soft and subtle, but staying power and sillage is terrific. It is Luscious Pink's big sister, less candies fruit, more lasting floral.

Shai2
Shai2

Its a spring timee affair. All freshly cut stems and bittersweet flowers. Quite bright light & refreshing, you catch all the notes in this one. Sort of zips up your nose like champagne bubbles >smiles< It has the perfect staying power..(then again I don't really care for it so that's probably not saying much). It has a lighthearted presence that will stick around though. Sure its perfect for someone out there _cheap & of good quality_ I can say I like this one LaNDS more than White Diamonds!! Anyhow mine is brand new and hasn't found a purpose in my home _swap_samples_air freshener?

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

Member In Vogue recomended this perfume to me. She had it right. Gorgeous, sexy I love it. I never cared for any of Elizabeth Taylor perfumes in the past, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Violet Eyes is very feminine and soft.

chrinen
chrinen

This is so fresh and wonderful and as far from white diaomonds one can get. Mostly floral but sweet floral if that makes sense, I smell violets but perhaps its the bottle that fools me. Its love for me!

scentconnoisseur
scentconnoisseur

I happened to be wondering around the perfume aisle at my local Kohls a few months ago and was randomly looking at the testers and happened upon a few bottles that I ended up testing. I took three tester strips home with me trying to remember the scents I had sprayed (1 Michael Kors, 1 JLo fragrance [more on that one later] and the Violet Eyes. I am not sure what enticed me to pick up a Liz Taylor frag, as I've always loathed White Diamonds and her other fragrances for being much too strong for my liking. Initially I thought I liked the Glowing by JLo better than this, as Violet Eyes upon first spray was a little too synthetic to me and I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was in that initial whif that was so familiar to me. Then it dawned on me a while later that it reminded me of Cintronella. I was initially hoping for something with a lilac note or even maybe violets but this frag was not initially floral for me but more citrus. However, it dried down to a very soft powdery fruit/floral/musk that is very pleasant. I was surprised that when comparing the Glowing sample with this, I actually perferred the Violet Eyes after the dry down. As other reviews have mentioned I just wish it had more staying power.

cecele1
cecele1

I smelt this on a breeze one summers afternoon, my lovely neighbour Glady had just received it as a gift. Imagine my surprise upon hearing it was Elizabeth Taylor. Im am not a fan of white diamonds at all. (Bit too young for that genre)
But Violet Eyes is all kinds of romantic loveliness.
My daughter must have heard me discussing the fruity and floral symphony on that summers breeze. And asked her father for permission to purchase it for my birthday! I used the whole bottle with in about 2 months.
Now to the down side. There is a cheapness to it. There is just something there, on my skin that I think didn't smell like it did on Glady. Don't get me wrong it still smelled nice. And I would buy it again. it just didn't last on my skin and I felt like I had to wear more than a couple sprays of it and reapply it more often. In another review I read that the reviewer could picture Elizabeth Taylor wearing this scent and I absolutely could imagine that to. Its is a mature soft feminine scent. And Its elegant and captivating. A truly wonderful scent for a wonderful lady Elizabeth Taylor RIP..

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I owe this beauty a review!

To preface, I should make it clear that I love Cedar, and feel very comfortable in woody fragrances. I do believe that this may be the note going ugly on some, so bare this in mind.

Violet Eyes gives me an opening of sweet lime or lemon, which has to be the peach. It's not what I would consider sour, just fresh. Soon I am smelling a field of flowers, possibly violets with a few iris. This is more an impressionist painting of a field than an actual photograph. And it is complete with Green Stems, courtesy of the aforementioned cedar. We have here a simulated aura of violet fields, created by the combination of jasmine, peony, and rose. I just smell fresh floral loveliness!

I'm HAPPY. I don't know about you, but when I find a fresh and elegant floral it's a Good Day!

Update ~ I finally gave my mum this fragrance, as she fell in love with it while I was sharing the body lotion with her while traveling. Obviously a winner, it smells so much better on her chemistry that I feel no remorse at parting with this little gem.

Milladane
Milladane

I love peach/apricot notes in my perfumes and I believe the perfect perfume could be hiding in any bottle and at any price point, so I decided to give this a blind buy try. It was only $10, so what could I lose? Well, $10. Plus tax.

EDP: It opens with a bright tart unripe peach and screechy lime. Then I got some cedar and bitter florals. It could possibly have been good if everything wasn't so cheap and synthetic. Not that I mind synthetics. I actually much prefer to have some synthetic components in perfumes, as it can add so much sophistication and mystique to a perfume when used well. But this was bad synthetics. The only complexity it can claim is when the tartness wears off, it gets creamier with the amber. This was the only good part, but it's so faint I had to put my nose right up to my skin to smell it. It's light alright, because in no time, it's gone. I tried spraying a lot of it on my clothes, and that evaporated even quicker than on my skin. The frosted glass and thin metal purple cap felt cheap and I was embarrassed simply by owning the bottle, so I quickly got rid of it.

I know it's always unpopular to write negative reviews about a perfume, but I am not here to win a popularity contest. I am here to share information and to gain insights from others. I'm writing this review for 2 reasons. First, to vent... because none of my friends care about perfume enough to want to hear me yap about perfume, good or bad. And second, to help others who may be blind buying this decide whether this might be worth a try for them. Not everybody is going to love every perfume. Someone might even feel exactly like I do. So it's important for the next person to come along to read all different point of views, and not just hear from the enthusiasts.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

My last review vas for "Light Blue", I mentioned that it was fresh & clean but not really feminine. Violet Eyes, to me, smells similar but sweeter. The peach is a lovely, zingy start. The rose follows behind as it starts to become more lady-like. Followed by warm amber & cedar that give it sexiness.
Violet Eyes reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor's life. Sweet, fiesty, feminine, strong & sexy.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

Wow...I am in love with Violet Eyes!

It starts with a beautiful sweet peach, then turns into a warm and soft floral. Truly feminine! This makes me so happy when I smell it. Clean, fresh and sweet.

I can imagine Elizabeth Taylor wearing this whilst she relaxes, sipping champagne on a luxurious boat with the sun shining brightly.

Overall, a beautiful creation from Elizabeth. Very different from White Diamonds. Violet Eyes is so divine to wear. It makes me sad to think this was the last perfume she created. I highly recommend this to all ages!

natalia777
natalia777

This perfume is so beautiful and fresh. I love it. It reminds me a little bit Eclat by Lanvin, which I love too.

annwnoe
annwnoe

This started strong and sweet and ended smelling like Light Blue.

Soie
Soie

Due to the name of the fragrance and the color of the juice, I was expecting this to be either a heady floral or, at the very least, a bright fruity floral. I wasn't necessarily expecting a note of violet, though including it would have been a nice touch.

Violet Eyes is unexpectedly and abrasively bottom heavy with woods and amber, and contains no violet at all. Its floral notes are barely perceptible. The note of peach is discernible, but, as it is swamped by the notes of cedar and amber, it comes through as a bit green/unripe rather than sweet and succulent.

Lodestar
Lodestar

I really like this. I don't get a woody note-mostly fruity/amber. Lasts well and is not cloying. I get the most compliments when I wear this. It's also a very good fragrance when enduring humid weather. Good for the price. Cheers Elizabeth!

kimberly1988
kimberly1988

This perfume smells incredible but the staying power is very weak. Not even 1 hour and i cant smell anything of the perfume anymore.. I cant believe this is an eau de perfume.. bad quality..to bad

hollyms
hollyms

It's definitely not bad, but it's not too pleasant if you ask me. I suppose if you're a huge fan of violet, then you will be pleased.

vld
vld

I got this online from Walmart last Christmas time very cheaply.I think the description got me as I do not like Elizabeth's other fragrances. I am glad I got it. It starts out strongly lilac for me, but soon turns to a fresh but sweet bouquet of flowery lushness. For me it lasts and lasts with a dry down that reminds me of "Flowerbomb".

shoshana25
shoshana25

So I am wearing this perfume today, and ohhh boy, I am in heaven...so much so I had to take a break from work and write my thoughts down. So I have ALOT of fragrances ranging from Hermes to Coach to Marc Jacobs. I do NOT ask about the price when i buy fragrances. Call me crazy..lol.
But anyway, I am not good with notes and things of that nature (some notes I can idenify more easily than some). It's easier to tell u what smells good and what doesn't. I'm 28 in case u need to know. This perfume is everything that I love and adore in fragrances. It is clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. Yes, i do agree with the reviewer that thinks this smells a little clean laundry-ish (good thing).It's weird because i see negative reviews on here about it and I'm in disbelief, but as we all know different fragrances works differently on differengt ppl. This works very well on me. I actually smelt this on my mom one day she came in from work and I kept asking her what she was wearing everytime she would pass by me. I could not belive she was wearing one of Elizabeth's Taylor perfume. I HATE white diamonds! What I love with this perfume is that it seems as though u can never overapply. In case u use a heavy hand with this (recommended) no one will be able to tell because it doesn't become overwhelming and it doesn't lose its nice, quiet, shy personality. I love this! Highly recommended by a fragrance snob (I'm impossible to please). Lol.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I really, really wanted to like this perfume; the box is gorgeous, I love violets. The bottle, not so much--kind of loud and tacky with the big silver-diamond ring around the top. It does not work with my chemistry at all. Too bad, most floral's don't--this does what most florals do (like all Estee Lauder), it went sour on me. The first notes are citrusy, but so sour/bitter for me. After that, there are musky woody notes but they are faint and barely detectable to my nose; they smell OK on my clothes, but just seem to disapear. There are some kind of peachy notes, but so faint. I am going to try to return this pefume/

rosembloom
rosembloom

I find this to be a dreamy lilac scent that has a certain ' Betsy Johnson' depth to it. It goes on bright and citrusy, merges to the more opulent jasmine, peony and cedar giving off this lovely candied-violet scent. It is light yet has great longevity and sillage. I really did not think it would suit my fruity-floral-gourmand tastes but it more than does! It seems to be everything I want my perfume to be: woods make it fresh and laundry-clean, citrus balance the florals and the sweetness is that of a freshly sliced lychee if that makes sense: it is neither cloying nor too candyish and more fluffy than syrupy. I strongly recommend!

nola.lee
nola.lee

I was surprised to like this scent. Liz Taylor's line normally reminds me of my grandma.It's heavy, but in a bearable way. It's a nice change if you are looking for something different. It's long lasting. Good price.

lisalgreer
lisalgreer

I really like the light citrus, woody and sweet mix of this. It's a bit light, though, and the lasting power isn't great on me--maybe an hour or so. I think it will make a good purse spray when I'm out and about and need something since I got a smaller size anyway. My daughter said it smells like caramel, and as it dries down, I can smell a caramel/vanilla scent, too, on the air. Yummy.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I got this as apart of a swap (thank you Conifer lover!) Wow. Surprised is not even the word!

Its sweet, and the dry down is musky, but its not overly sweet which I like. the thing I'm surprised most about is how balanced it is. It reminds me of Degree Sexy Intrigue, which I got on a business trip and fell in love with.

Its not nauseating or anything, but perfectly lovely sophisticated, and something that is really hot weather worthy. Considering the price, a bottle of this is worth it.

I should apologize to my mom for wrinkling my nose at her E. Taylor perfumes!

Bettany87
Bettany87

I love woody fragrances and this one is as heavenly as woody scents go. I immediately fell in love with this fragrance!

I received this as a gift and would never have intentionally bought this for myself based on some of the reviews here -- I already have so many juvenile fruity-floral fragrances and I did not need another one. But my experience with VIOLET EYES is so special ... I got the wood and amber notes right away with very light hints of citrus. After a few minutes, the scent settled into a dreamy blend of creamy floral and fresh wood notes. It's so soft and calming ... truly ethereal.

reavyan
reavyan

The upside to this scent experience is that it was a short one. It's strange... Never has perfume performed such a rapid vanishing act on my skin before. First time for everything.

It was on promotion at Pharma, prominently displayed right by the checkout. At first I remembered the choking experience with White Diamonds. (An instant scrubber, one sniff and it sounded like I had the whooping cough again.) But the name sounded like it would be a violet-centric scent and gave it a curious spray on my wrist before leaving the store. Wrong-o.

The moment I got in the car, a "What smells like cat pee?" comment flew the way of my wrist. (My spray-happy testing habits are notorious.) Not a good start, and it went downhill from there.

Taking regular whiffs and wincing on the ride home I tried to identify unique notes and failed. It just smelled like a sugary, synthetic mess. Simple syrup, with maybe a drop of artificial vanilla essence and some gardenia-scented dish soap.

Thankfully, by the time we got home about half an hour later, it had almost disappeared, leaving behind an artificial gardenia-like trace which could only be detected if I placed my nose directly on my wrist.

Final verdict: Liz was lovely, this perfume is not.

karrieann
karrieann

This one doesn't work well on me. The dry-down is exactly the same as Burberry Woman and Eclat d’Arpège. Overly sweet and spicy. It also comes across as a touch masculine, which normally I enjoy. I am trying to narrow down what scent these all share and I think it may be cedar that I don't like which is super shocking to me. I love woody scents. Or so I thought. Maybe cedar just is not my thing. I have learned something new today. Hooray!

EDIT: It is the cedar that just doesn't work on my skin. It is all I can smell. Too masculine. I went and sniffed some escentual oils and cedar is not agreeable to my nose. I do adore the pine and balsam scents though. This is a big breakthrough for me. To finally pinpoint what it is about the above fragrances that just loses me.
Another bright side is I can finally let these scents go. I would read such wonderful reviews on them but could never smell the delight others do. It really is amazing how fragrances can react so differently on different people. I remember how after I first purchased Burberry Woman, my friend told me my fragrance smelled like a man. Now I realize that it was not the fragrance, but it was my body reacting to the fragrance. I know that there are some very 'schooled' noses on this site and it may seem silly of me to be so excited about this, but it really is a BIG BIG discovery to me.

Dori_T
Dori_T

I give this fragrance 5/5 because it's the most versatile fragrance I've ever smelled. When you first spritz it on, you think, 'wow, this smells like grandma's house!' which would be a bad thing, but my grandma's house always smelled like violets between Egyptian cotton sheets dried outside in the California sunshine. I say California sunshine because of the soft citrus smell that lingers on top of the cotton smell of a masculine boy wearing a dark grey shirt. The floral smell makes it feminine and classy. This is my signature scent (layered with Black Amethyst lotion) and I always get compliments when I go on dates. It's light enough for the day, but dark enough for the evening. It's a wonderful scent all around.

I don't know how I've gone my entire life without sniffing a single Elizabeth Taylor perfume, but I have. Must be anti-drugstore prejudice. In any case, I decided to rectify this situation by purchasing a coffret of three fragrances, the first of which I chose to don being VIOLET EYES. What a surprise! This really smells nice!

I would compare VIOLET EYES favorably to CERRUTI 1881 and SHE WOOD. There is a watery, cedarish, slightly sweet floral feeling to all three. I could easily wear this as a "dashing out the door, spritz something on scent" during the summer months to come. That's how I use Ellen Tracy TRACY, and I'm sure that I'll use up my .5oz bottle of VIOLET EYES as well.

I actually ran a bath before spraying this juice on, but I noted that listed among the ingredients was not BHT, which was already a positive sign. This seems to me to be a real perfume, and I would not compare it to most of the other celebrity scents I've tested. The quality of this is much better than HALLE, FANCY, and the Mariah Carey and Celine Dion launches, IMNSHO.

Against all expectations, I like it!

sammysam75
sammysam75

I got a gift set of this cheap on Ebay. I do like the scent but the sillage on me is not great, it is not so "out there" as other Elizabeth Taylor perfumes and I can imagine this appealing to a wider and younger base. Great but not amazing, also the White Diamonds style bottle is a bit overdone now. Perhaps a new bottle should have been designed, but then again this was only marketed a year before Elizabeth sadly passed away.

perhapspersephone

I need to slow down and savor a new perfume before I post a review. ( I am new I will learn ) . I have since fallen in love with Violet Eyes . The reviewer below is quit right , it is not like Light Blue. I like it much better. Every time I wear it I pick up a note I didn't notice before.

Violet Eyes is a delicious, sweet , lady like fragrance. It last for hours on my skin too. I can see it becoming my signature scent, because I keep reaching for it.

kgloverii
kgloverii

My mother wore White Diamonds and I hated it. It was overpowering, disarming really, and the sillage, that stuff never went away... So that bad experience honestly ruined any expectation I would ever have of liking anything by Elizabeth Taylor.
Quite by accident, while surfing this site a year ago, I saw the feedback on this scent. The notes listed, the general consensus was quite good. And a significant number of the positive reviewers had stated the same feelings about White Diamond that I had. Soooo, I had to try it.

The opening of the perfume is sweet and peachy, but a sweet blend of florals really opens up, and the drydown reveals amber and peony (which is so nice to see a sweet flower at the base!).

The sillage is amazing, but nothing like White Diamonds. It does fade, but slowly, and you get a whole day of wear from it (you need to refresh in the evening, though).

This is a great day scent, but the complexity of it is easily taken into the night. This is my signature scent. I simply love it.

Others have compared it to Light Blue, but I heartily disagree. Light Blue is very citrusy and sharp (and I do love that fragrance!!), and there is a missing complexity. And while I can appreciate the comparison to Luscious Pink, I see a marked difference in Violet Eyes. Luscious Pink is syrupy sweet, but Violet Eyes is NOT AT ALL. The base with the amber and cedar takes it from a cotton candy sugar scent to a complete floral multi-dimensional religious experience.

perhapspersephone

I just got mine today . I can hardly tell the difference between Violet Eyes and Light Blue . So i feel a bit disappointed. It smells wonderful , perfect for summer wear. I had hoped for something a little different. Its a great light fragrance and it last forever. Its cheaper than Light Blue too !

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very Citrus like Sparkling and Brilliant, almost very much like these two. Liz was on a citrus kick with the last three lines of perfumes she launched. I was really hoping for something OFF THE CHARTS type of scent when this one came out but I was very dismayed to see it was just so much like the other two scents that I have yet to buy this bottle because I already have Sparkling and Brilliant, why do I want something just like it AGAIN?

Fragaria
Fragaria

I am so impressed with this. Pure bleach couldn't make something as clean as this smells. It's soft, terribly soft, and hits you like whole body pillow upside the head. That's not a negative statement. It's big and powerful, but gentle, fluffy, and dreamy as a giant Serta mattress sheep! It's effervescent and tingly as the best champagne. I find it as exciting as flowering fragrant bushes that rush past your nose in the spring, but I can't really say it's a floral. Totally in love with this. What's it smell like? It doesn't SMELL like cedar, but effect is very cedar-like. It doesn't SMELL like violets, but this scent mimics powdery violets. This is definitely an outstanding perfume! I have no idea why I like it. It's a one of a kind scent like L'air du temps. It's peppery and citrusy and yes, kinda like Luscious Pink. I love it oodles and oodles!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

What's with all the cedar and mahogany scented perfumes?! I don't get why you'd wanna smell like a bureau. To me, this is just awful. The rose and the powder notes help drag it down into hand-soap territory. Cedar + cheap soap = yuck!

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Oh, this is lovely. Watery, grape juice, mixed with peach pulp and served with lemon-lavender madeleines, topped with sugared violets. A soft, deep, cedary hum that doesn't bite emerges, conjuring-up a slightly melancholy, twilight lakeside; it's damp but fresh and still a little warm from the day.

It's sweet but not too sweet, fresh but humid, with a cedar that feels like linen and a soft creaminiess that's very, very subtle (not soapy, at all). It just...feels...violet -- like an abstract impression of a modern violet scent, "modern" not often being tied to violet -- and it casts an inky, violet shade over the air around you, like you're walking through a Maxfield Parrish painting or a 1920's fairy print.

"Violet Eyes" is soft, sweet, gently woody and it conveys a sense of stillness, depth and complexity, but also, a sprite-like, timeless prettiness. It doesn't have an age and it mixes freshness with a dash of powder, so well. It really could be worn by a child or a 100 year-old, no exaggeration. The cedar replaces aldehydes for a kick of sparkle and the peach isn't too sticky-sweet. I love this and I could wear it anywhere and always.

Vamy69
Vamy69

I really love this one. To me this is a clean citrus ambery scent. Good lasting power, a perfect year round fragrance.

puppygirl23
puppygirl23

LIKE THIS perfume but not love but i love the color to me it smells like wipes for a reason but the good thing is that it is not to strong that's the good thing

Lassie
Lassie

WARNING: THIS PERFUME IS TINTED DEEP PURPLE. I do like this perfume, but I sprayed some on a card and it was deep purple - the perfume is tinted purple. I'm hesitant to buy it because I don't know if it would wash out if some got on a white shirt.

The_Entity
The_Entity

Although aged 23, I love the whats considered more 'mature' frags, which is why the E.T collection appeals to me so much. This one has a younger and a slightly more modern feel to it compared to the other frags in the collection. Still a lovely scent though.

This fragrance is all about the cedar, but don't let that scare you. Try it first and then decide. This is a very woody floral to me. There is a sharpness to this fragrance that stays with you throughout wear, which I think comes from the cedar. There is a slight similarity to D&G Light Blue, which I also think comes from the cedar. I find Violet Eyes more floral, less citrusy, and more feminine than Light Blue. I didn't think I'd like this because I thought the heavy cedar would make it too woody and masculine, but I do like it. Leave it to Ms. Taylor to get it right. I doubt she'd put her name on anything that was lacking in glam and femininity. This is a fragrance for a strong personality, and it makes a statement.

12Zwolf
12Zwolf

; Lovely, light, and sweet.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

A Light, elegant, classic, & ageless scent. It is similar to Light Blue and luscious Pink but is more balanced, with a hazy mysterious allure to it. I can smell small trails of magnolia in this but it's not stated in the arrangement of notes

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I agree w/ missk. And many others, but missk nails it. I also agree with fihe in that this seems to disappear on me within mere moments after spraying. I put this on right after I toweled off from the shower, then again after I dressed, and again before I walked out the door to work. A co-worker came over to ask me a question, and she asked me what I was wearing and told me she really liked it. Alas, I would like it too if I could smell it! I asked her if it was too heavy, and explained how I drenched myself in it, and she said that no, it was not too much at all.

So, there you go. Its a nice, light, unoffensive feminine scent, but you must use it with a heavy hand and re-apply in the afternoon. If you love it, then go to the Rite-Aids of the world and get it cheap.

fihe
fihe

this fragrance is a little difficult for me to describe. from minutes after I spray it on, until I can no longer detect the scent on me at all (which takes a while, as it has good staying power on me), I detect this "sharp" note that I can't put my finger on. within the first hour or two, it smelled peppery. thereafter, the sharp smell remains, but rather than retaining its peppery aroma, it takes on the smell of D&G Light Blue. according to Fragrantica's perfume pyramid, both Light Blue and Violet Eyes have jasmine and rose as their middle notes, and cedar and amber in their base notes, which could very well be why they smell so similar on me after about two hours. Light Blue is much more expensive and everyone wears it, and I hate wearing a fragrance that is so "common". so if I had to choose between the two, I would definitely select Violet Eyes.

serine
serine

I like this perfume,but for anyone that dislikes it as soon as you spray it you may be judging it too soon.It takes awhile for the alcohol content to wear off and then it will reveal it's true smell on you.I don't like it as well at first because using lighter perfumes now by philosophy I had to give this one a chance after someone said it had a soft smell.So maybe if you just wait a bit and give it a chance.Of course that's why there are soooo many perfumes out there because we do like different kinds!

suile
suile

Just arrived in the UK, and I tried so hard to like it. I love the bottle and a big gift box is only £25 but despite testing it three times, I just get a vague, generic chemical floral fragrance.

olga1780
olga1780

I was shopping at Target the other day, and even though I am not interested in celebrity fragrances, I couldn't help myself walking through the perfume isle. They happened to have a tester for Violet Eyes and I spritzed some on the back of my hand. Holy crap, all i got was one big synthetic mess! Very sour, loud and obnoxious. I didn't expect a masterpeice but since everyone here has been praising it so highly, I at least expected something pleasant. Well, i sprayed Wind Song on the other hand and it smelled like an ultimate masterpiece in comparison to Violet Eyes (actually the reformulation is quite nice).
I think Violet Eyes completely quenched my curiousity for ET fragrances.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A peachy and powdery treat, courtesy of Ms. Taylor. I appreciate the fact that the perfumer(s) did not attempt a synthetic violet note, but opted for a more inventive and broad-shouldered reconstruction instead. Here it's achieved with the brightness of the peach and the green lilt of tea rose, both grafted on a light cedar and powder base. The result is a vague but amiable violet sweetness, which pervades the entire scent. Violet Eyes avoids smelling like a granny perfume. Nothing amazing here, but not bad at all.

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

Love this so much, its the easiest elizabeth taylor fragrance to like as far as im concerned but decide for yourselves!

SandraV
SandraV

Based on the reviews for this I had high hopes...which unfortunately were dashed with the first spritz.All I get is a strong cedar note that just won't go away.I'm returning this tomorrow.Love you Liz but this just didn't work for me:(

MrsG
MrsG

Dang se "( I had such high hopes for this one but on me, it started off with an initial blast of something closely rivaling Raid then after about 10 minutes, mercifully toned down to something like rose-scented air freshener, which lasted for about 15 minutes before it completely faded out, but not before it triggered a major mondo headache "O

Thankfully, all this was just caused by a sample so I wasn't out the money.

Rouu
Rouu

i cant resist this bottle :O ,,,, i would love to try this one

madhatter1
madhatter1

I just tested at CVS, very nice surprise! I am a ET fan of a few other fragrances. No doubt it will last long, I can smell the jasmine, peony amber-cedar blended well. I keep smelling my arm! I enjoy the look of the purple bottle, a fav color of mine. I might enjoy this as much as Hypnose however Violet Eyes presents lighter, delicate, and less bold at first sniff.

takeasniff
takeasniff

This smells like luscious Pink to me by Mariah Carey which is also owned by Elizabeth Arden. It is a bit suspicious to me as thought they have bottled the same thing but in different bottles. Every time I spray one or the other I cannot tell any difference. I find Violet Eyes doesn't last either just like the Mariah one. I like the smell it's one of my favourite smells because it has a very subtle citrus to it but it just does not last. I would like to know if other people who have both these perfumes think they can't tell the difference?

reidb18
reidb18

Smells very creamy and sensuous I love it

marshmello
marshmello

This smells alot like D&G Light Blue which I HATE!! I was totally thrown for a loop when I tested this. With the gorgeous purple bottle, I was expecting a pretty floral with a soapy undertone but was knocked out by the pungent citrus note. For the record...I do love Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

I dont like any of elizabeth Taylors fragrances besides this one it is the most youthful out of her line it really is a nice scent I liked it, wouldnt go as far to say that I loved it but its not bad at all. I would buy it, the bottle is too cute

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I love this fragrance!! Right now, I wear this one most of the time. It's a good day scent, and it is a warm scent. I was surprised to read that peach is one of its main notes--but the more I think about it, the more I am reminded of peach when I smell it. If a peach were lavender in color instead of, well, peach, this is what it would smell like. It is NOT piercingly fruity, just a gentle atmospheric fruity floral. I can detect the woodsy notes, too. It actually reminds me of a more complex and mature version of the old Coty fragrances I wore in middle school and high school, Vanilla Musk and Dark Vanilla (except not as lemony as the Musk and not as syrupy as the dark). I hope they make this one forever!

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

"Purple Eyes" was my nickname when I took part of a theater group a long time ago. I must say I bought this perfume unsnifffed because of it´s name and based on the good rewiews, specially Nioka´s and Mandashell´s. I was almost sure I´d like it, but when I fisrt smelled it I just couldn´t believe my nose: Violet Eyes seems to be exactly the scent I had been imagining for a long time, something I had created in my mind as the most delicate perfume ever, but wouldn´t bet it really existed. Now I realize I just didn´t know in which bottle it was... It smells "velvety" (does it make sense in english?), it´s truly feminine, so delicate. Also, it´s very different from every scent I had smelled before. I don´t think it ressembles White diamonds at all. It´s not so complex, but linear and alluring. I keep wondering how such well known notes could result in such a unique scent, though I still can detect most of them, specially rose and peony.
It lasts long on my skin, 8 hours at least, and the sillage is subtle, not overpowering, just as delicate as the fragrance itself.
This is a really awesome perfume. It does deserv the honor of being a reference to the beauty of Liz Taylor´s eyes.

Booogie
Booogie

This one pleasantly surprised me. It's actually not bad. But I wouldn't buy it for myself or even want to recieve it... Weirds me out a bit that it's related to White Diamonds, maybe if the bottles weren't so similiar I wouldn't have this image attached to it... I know, I know, it shouldn't make a difference to me if the juice is good enough but... it does.

melbritt24
melbritt24

This is lovely! I believe it's a redone Lancome Hypnose minus the sweet passionflower and with better staying power! Love the fresh cedar and shy amber dry down. This scent gets 4 Stars!

aqua76239
aqua76239

Hmm, i'm sort of on the fence whether i like this or not. Florals are not my favorite category and while i don't despise any of them, finding a floral that i actually like is quite difficult. Lot of reviews on this scent are very positive so when i saw this at Walmart for $14, i decided to give it a go. On the first burst, i really don't smell peach but citrus(and there is no citrus fruit listed so go figure). After few minutes i can detect a smell of dark rose(at least i'm assuming that's what it is)and peony. It does smell like these flowers were dipped in sugar because there is sweet sugary undertone thought this scent. This is not green scent by any means. Imagine huge bouquet of roses and peonies, saturating the room with their fragrance, flowers that are cool with drops of water-that's Violet Eyes. Its a unique scent, i don't think i ever smelled anything simular before.
The strange thing is that name is very suitable for this scent-if color violet had a scent, this is what i would imagine it would smell like.
This scent is not really "me" but i think its very well done and smells better than lot of designer fragrances that i sampled in the past. Lasting power is very good-it lasted about 3-4 hours and my skin tends to eat up perfume so this is excellent.

blue1wood@hotmail.com
blue1wood@hotmail.com

Outside of Gardenia, I have not been a fan of Elizabeth Taylor fragrances. They have all seemed to overpowering to me. This one was a pleasant surprise. After smelling a tester the first time, it stayed on my mind. One day, I sprayed the tester on myself and when I came home hours later, after the welcome home hug from hubby, he asked what smelled so good. I am not sure why but this fragrance makes me happy every time I smell it. I keep thinking it must remind me of something pleasant but I can't think of what that would be. Maybe it is just the thought that hubby might want to hug me more?

I had thought that Elizabeth Taylor's brand had stopped making perfume, until 7 years after the release of Gardenia, Violet Eyes appeared on our shelves. Since her passing, Violet Eyes is available pretty much anywhere and everywhere.

I really admired Elizabeth Taylor, not only for her beauty, but for her immense talent as an actor as well. Her most famous release, White Diamonds was quite nice in my opinion, the only downfall being its incompatibility with my skin chemistry. Violet Eyes on the other hand, while not smelling of violets, seemed like a younger, fruitier take on composing a fragrance.

It opened with a strong peachiness, somewhat green in nature and ever so slightly sour. The heart is composed of a creamy bouquet of jasmine, peony and rose. The fruitiness remains throughout the development of this scent, but the floral accords balance out the tartness nicely.

Violet Eyes is quite pretty, feminine and suitable for all ages. I think avid fans of Elizabeth Taylor will enjoy this as well as the younger consumers, who will no doubt wonder who on Earth she was. I'm glad she released one last fragrance before her passing, and I'm glad it was this one, a homage to her famous violet coloured eyes.

Despite my disappointment in there being no violet notes present, this fragrance lasts quite well and is pleasingly subtle and somewhat fresh. I think it captures Elizabeth Taylor and her charm realistically, and although Violet Eyes may never be as popular as White Diamonds, I'm certain it will sell well over these next coming months.

nyoka
nyoka

I bought a lovely bottle of this juice today,blind.Its one of the few I havent been sorry I bought.It is unlike all her others First smell is exactly like a big,dew kissed alberta peach! Sweet and drlicious.U can almost feel the juices running down ur chin as u tear into the fleshy meat of the fruit.Then my favorite scent of all,jasmine waifs up to caress my nose.It smells so fresh and the fact it is seasoned with roses,only adds to the lovliness.The florals blend SO well with the sweetness of the peaches!

The dry down is a wonder of wonders.I absolutely love big,fragrant peonies with their heads turned toward the sun or when their massive heads bow down in a gentle spring rain.I would love to bury my face in one.Peony is a very prominate note.But,then their is cedar which adds even more personality to this beauty.Slightly woody and earthy smelling.The cap of the whole fume is seductive amber.It comes in and binds the whole of the juice into one wonderful fume.Not too much amber tho,just enough to warm it up.

Now,this is a fume I could see dear Liz wearing.It is as beautifulb as she was!

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

The only thing I needed to smell is that it smells exactly like one of my favorite perfumes!

To me it smells exactly like LUSCIOUS PINK by Mariah Carey. :D

It must be the peach and floral notes, Mariah Carey's has Belini. I think that is a peach flavored cocktail which is where the sweetness comes from, and also tropical flowers. It is interesting that the list of notes are a little different between the two but to my nose they smell almost identical.

So of course I love it. This one I noticed did stay a lot longer. One of the downsides to Luscious Pink, is that it is very light and fades pretty quickly, unless you spray your clothes also.. but it is also very sweet so you have to be careful not to do that though.. it can be cloying. So I sprayed in moderation.

I sprayed one wrist with my Fave, and the other with Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes...

I might have to compare again... but to tell you the truth I really couldn't tell the difference they are so similar. And this one lasted longer. The wrist with Luscious Pink faded pretty quickly, and the one with Violet Eyes actually stayed on me for a little while. It seems a little stronger. (It's Elizabeth Taylor... so I expected as much. ~ But VERY surprised to see such a light feminine and sweet scent come from her line! Very very pleased :D

I have never been able to wear her scents. So I was shocked. Let's just say when testing White Diamonds, a drop got onto my dresser and it pretty much melted the paint! Yeah... that scared me a little lol. (I have not been able to clean/ polish the mark off, where this perfume melted off the gloss of the paint. :( What do they put in that stuff?!? Yikes, White Diamonds!) Even a drop was way too strong for me. I had to wash off immediately. It is harsh. Although, I can't hate something my mother and grandmother loved so much... even though I could never wear it.

But at least this one is one all the younger women can wear too!!! :D So excited.

Nice Job! It is lovely. :)

I might try a bottle, once I run low of my fav. Luscious Pink. :) ... but that might be a while! lol. :D

twillocks
twillocks

This is not at all what I was expecting. I thought it would be Spring / Summer like and way more floral. I didn't like it all. Kind smoky - smoldering like,I am not sure. I was expecting something more like the wonderful color of the bottle.
God rest her sole. She was so beautiful.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

initial blast reminds me immediately to Lanvin éclat d'arpège!

i swear i can smell lilac in it but it's not listet though. the drydown is also very éclat d'arpège alike - for me they are really quite the same. this one seems to have better staying power and the sillage is just wonderful!

the velvety peony smells beautiful trough the whole composition, accompanied by a powdery sweet breeze of jasmin petals and creamy rose. i just love it! it's creamy, yet powdery, fresh and carefree, very velvety, sexy and unbelievable feminine. the bottle is stunning as well!

bravo Carlos Benaim and bravo Liz! happy to have this nice perfume, now when Liz is gone, R.I.P. Elizabeth Taylor, thank you for this lovely perfume!

nb. this was recently launched in 2010, but why then it's so hard to find and also more expensive compared to the other Liz' perfumes? is it discontinued maybe ?

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I did test this not long after it came out and feel it's her most modern perfume. There are a few that are fresh and Spring floral perfumes- Sparkling and Brilliant White Diamonds. She went in a different direction with this one and it's well done. It's similar to some fragrance trends going on right now, but she had it made so it will endure. My mom wears White Diamonds and I have a small bottle myself just because it's a classic. I can still remember when that debuted. I was 8 years old! I think I'm going to buy this one. I love the ad, bottle, and scent. Well done, Elizabeth. This is the last one, and somehow it fits. I cannot imagine a finale for her perfumes better than Violet Eyes.

"Light shades of Purple Rose and Violet Peony, combined with velvety accents of White Peach, express a weightless and bright femininity, while a voluptuous blend of Cedar Wood and Amber convey the powerful sensuality and mystery of Elizabeth Taylor's eyes."

"I love floral fragrances, and wanted Violet Eyes to make women feel beautiful, sophisticated, and sensual. It was a great joy to create Violet Eyes with a bouquet of fragrance notes that I adore, carefully fine-tuning every aspect of it. Everything, down to the last detail, comes from my heart and my soul. I send this fragrance into the world with love..."
- Elizabeth Taylor.

distortech
distortech

RIP, Elizabeth. This perfume is gorgeous and a lovely way to remember you. I will cherish it forever. LOVE IT!

Bebe70
Bebe70

Violet Eyes....
A wet and velvet perfume like a walk over a violet lake.
Her eyes were like two violet lakes....
I already miss her....

Wearing this perfume today because I just heard the sad news. Rest in Peace :(

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

My favorite perfume from her line. Delicious peaches and that mysterious purple rose make this perfume truly fit its name. Rest in peace Elizabeth. You will be sorely missed.

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

Very sensual...not overbearing....the only fragrance I like by Elizabeth Taylor. Only thing I don't get is why its put in the floral group. I smell musky vanilla in the dry down. Weird...but I love this perfume

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I am not a fan Elizabeth Taylor perfumes but this one is just so lovely! Light and elegant floral, crystal clear, not too sweet, soft like velvet - it is just perfect. Strikingly similar to Omnia Amethyste, except somewhat stronger. I could defintiely wear this!

The dry down is slightly powedery and reminds of Kenzo Flower a bit. It is exceptionally long lasting on me.

Kiku
Kiku

I wasn't expecting to like this, Taylor's perfumes seemed matronly and outdated even when they were new. But Violet Eyes has a contemporary feel. It's subtle, soft, and clear as glass. The notes are so perfectly blended you can't distinguish any of them, they blend into a perfect whole. This could be a "go to" perfume: right for any occasion, time of year, time of day. It's just lovely and so is the bottle.

ccj36
ccj36

Soft, floral fragrance. Other reviewers have described it well. I just wanted to add: if you happen to remember a discontinued Avon fragrance called Perceive, this smells VERY similar to it. (to my nose, anyway)

This is a big surprise! I really like this fragrance. It's not overpowering and it is quite modern unlike anything from Elizabeth Taylor that I've tried. It's fresh and slightly powdery. No white flowers here for me but the peony-like note shines along with a subtle musky wood. Overall I think it's a very comfy scent that anyone can wear. It will probably end up at many discount stores soon.

In addition, it reminds me so much of the discontinued Bath & Body Works Lavender Vanilla Aroma Therapy collection from the early 2000's, and White Musk from the Body Shop.

krissycat

This scent is very modern in comparison to Elizabeth Taylor other perfumes. This smells a little bit like light blue to me but fruitier. I love it

I love this scent! I have her only mens scent PASSION; but her other female scents are a little too much for me, (I never smelled Brilliant WD yet)but this is a stunning perfume!

The top is lightly sweet, but not overly fruity, (must be snow, or white peach-and it WAS) but gives it a slight fresh air. The heart is foral, but very refined and well blended. Carlos Benaim-I should have known, the master of understated beauty. This has no violets, true; and I'm actually glad. The powdery nature of violet could have made this too heavy. The purple rose (hybrid roses usually smell much more subtle, unless cultivated for the scent) and jasmine create a wonderful flowery breeze, that smells as if you were around flowers but did not roll in a flower patch. The drydown is woody and warmly sweet and the peony adds some sophistication without an overly "rich" heavy base. All in all, this is a very agreeable scent that is well made, refined and classy...kind like Liz herself!!

Sillage: good
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3.5/5

I adore the color purple and lilacs are my favorite flower of all time. This is something that I would wear. It is feminine but it is so well blended and the drydown is awesome. Maybe it is because I always wanted 'violet eyes' instead of my brown ones, I don't know...but this is a real class act!!

c3c
c3c

This is a great fragrance, the notes are well blended making it hard to pick out any one. It makes me think of Omnia Amethyst but with a brighter twist. It has the same soft edge as the Omnia line. Unfortunately it's the twist, possibly the peach (even though I love peach) that takes it into a strange area for me. Still very nice and very different from her others.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

Elizabeth Taylor has eyes so blue that they appeared to be violet in the movies. She was known for having violet eyes. This is where the name came from for this one. However, it does not smell like violets. Violet Eyes is a unique floral and not just a violet perfume.

Mals86
Mals86

I picked up the tester at Macy's a few months ago and sprayed, expecting violets in the mix.

No violets.

I sniffed again. A light fruity note, not too sweet... rose and peony... a quiet, subtle drydown... no violets.

No violets!

Don't get me wrong, Violet Eyes is perfectly nice, a pretty, pleasant, well-mannered floral. I was just stunned to find violet on the advertising, violet in the name, and no violets in the fragrance. WEIRD.

guest_beach girl
guest_beach girl

I might get this for my Mom. She loves Elizabeth Taylor perfumes. But what does this smell like? Is it sweet, or is it spicy or fuity? Is it a light scent, or does it full bodied? Does one smell the peach, or the rose?

Ilya Lacendre
Ilya Lacendre

A very interesting fragrance, powdery and sensual without yelling...

guest_KIKI
guest_KIKI

Main point - Very "Pretty" scent and likable by most people and very common. A lot of floral scent similar to this one were produced in the past two years and VE is not the best representation of those trends. Also a little boring,missing the x factor. Also it's very linear. Flora by Gucci and lovely by jp better options in my opinion.

secretcrush
secretcrush

Smells like Luscious Pink/Light Blue to me, nice but nothing new...

cdz28
cdz28

Such a beautiful scent. Love the color of bottle and the fragrance.

katyas
katyas

I received a magazine from Macy's today that included a sample of Violet Eyes inside (paper strip sample) and I just LOVE it! It has a softly floral opening (I don't catch the peach at all, thank goodness) and quickly moves on to the lovely woodsy notes that I love. I am definitely adding this to my "I must have a bottle of this" list!

mandashell
mandashell

I don't know what it is....? But I really love the way this smells. Smells amazing to me in fact! ;'D It is a bright scent that's mildly floral and a perfectly sweet. I can't identify the individual notes but they all blend so well. It's clean, feminine and very pretty. ;') As someone mentioned previously it also smells very sophisticated. Have never been interested in an Elizabeth Taylor scent but I wouldn't mind adding this to my collection. ;')

Update: Now that I have it I totally adore it. This smells nothing like Daisy or Luscious Pink but much better. Isn't scratchy or stuffy but just right. IMHO it has the perfect balance of citrus/fruit, forals and vanilla with a pretty good lasting power. Compliments are many. ;'D

Sevipants19
Sevipants19

I smelled this one at Macy's and was delighted by the smell. I was never one for her fragrences simply because I was too young for the whole White Diamonds craze. It is so pretty.

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

WOW! When I saw the "eye-catching" poster and clever fragrance name my breath was taken away by Elizabeth Taylor's captivating beauty, charm, and elegance. The bottle is pure sophistication and the scent is heavenly. LOVE IT!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I really did like this but it reminded me toooo much of Luscious Pink. In a few ways it does have it's own scent, but in more ways does it resemble Mariah's Luscious Pink. I wanted to support Elizabeth Taylor, but I already have L.P :(. The bottle is beautiful!

Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor 3.97 out of 5 based on 350 ratings and 125 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.3 fl oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Violet Eyes

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor Violet Eyes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violet Eyes by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.