Designers » D E » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women
dislike

I have it: 666 I had it: 471 I want it: 130 My signature: 12

aldehydic
White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women Videos White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women Videos
White Diamonds Elizabeth Taylor for women Pictures

The success of Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance has motivated many other celebrities to launch their own perfumes. White Diamonds is a sheer floral fragrance, an example of top classics. The harmony of flowers and aldehydes in the top notes, together with the sharp base, give this fragrance an elegant vintage nuance. The top notes are aldehydes, bergamot, neroli, orange and lily. The heart unites the classical trio, violet, rose and jasmine, accompanied by ylang-ylang, Egyptian tuberose and narcissus. The base is composed of oak moss, patchouli, musk, sandalwood and amber. The perfume was created by Carlos Benaim in 1991, and was inducted into the Fragrance Foundation's Hall of Fame in 2009.

Aldehydes Orange Lily Neroli Bergamot

Italian Orris Root Carnation Cinnamon Egyptian Tuberose Jasmine Turkish Rose Ylang-Ylang Narcissus

Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Sandalwood

Ysatis

White Diamonds Fragrance Reviews

junior halston

The only celebrity scent done to perfection. This scent didn't try to follow the fragrance trends of its time that is why I think it is still successful today.

Smelling it you would think that it's a 1984 creation it that compelling.

Rie60
Rie60

What am I missing here? and I know it's me who doesn't get it-- I have a LOT (lot lot lot) of this perfume, because I buy perfumes in large lots and there is always a bottle or two (or 5) of this involved. I want to like it- I should like it- other people like it

I don't like it.

To me it is extremely sharp and smells almost as though it has turned- it must be my chemistry-

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

It's a soapy, classy, unique and mature perfume.
I bought it for like 20 Euros (for a 100 ml bottle). Cheap price but it's still a very very very good quality scent.

deepyb
deepyb

I expected White Diamonds to be a spring or summer scent. But it's not! In summer - on me - it has very poor longevity and sillage and I could barely smell the blast of flowers that everyone writes about.

But now, during FALL, White Diamonds is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
I love the aldehydes and the flowers in this elegant perfume. Unfortunately I can't smell the patchouli, but I don't really miss it when wearing it. Longevity and sillage are good; not too overwhelming, but just perfect.

VERY GOOD value for money!

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Nov, 6th , 2014.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen;

It is always a pleasure to write a review on a new fragrance (new to me). Specially when it is a favorable review. This is White Diamonds’ turn.

It took a very long time for me to finally find this fragrance on a shelf because it is not freely available where I live. And it has happened this afternoon, at a most improbable little perfume shop at a big supermarket. This little shop in question is one of those where a few fine fragrances are sold amongst a broad variety of cheap ones and some other beauty products; the type of shop you pass in front of without giving a damn.

The sales woman, actually a very gentle young lady, waited on me as I stepped inside, and offered me a sniff of Fan di Fendi Eau Fraiche (which did not ring any bell), asking if I was looking for something specific. I replied saying that I was just taking a look with no serious interest and she gently let me be.

And there it was, available in three sizes, Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds. As a Fragrantica member and reviewer, Serge Lutens boutique client and perfume crazy lover, always in touch with perfumery news and always looking for nice scents: from the liquid hand soap to the detergent I clean the floor with, it was a certain shock to see it there.

I called the young lady and asked her for a try. And I had an instant crush on it. Lovely aldehydes dancing with creamy white florals, some subtle green vibe and gentle spices. I like to say moments like those are what makes life worth living: the beauty of small, simple things, a fragrance that uplifts your spirit, a child that makes you smile, a tiny ray of sun amongst clouds in the end of the afternoon. And, of course, the sparkle of those white diamonds.

I went shopping, for time was running, but I could not stop smelling my left hand or the paper I was given with a sample of the fragrance. It developed beautifully. And then, kind of out of the blue, I started feeling that White Diamonds was more familiar to me than I could expect. Every time my hand passed close to my nose I had that feeling: a honey like note with some resinous and woody atmosphere, somewhat chypré or oriental… That was the drydown on my skin, and it was saying “hey, we’re not completely strangers”.

I cannot say much about the longevity on skin, because about two hours later I was home washing my hands in order to touch food, but the sillage is fantastic. At the shop, I had simply touched the skin with the wet paper ribbon and it gave me a great sillage while I was at the supermarket. I guess what some good sprays of it would do.

I was still keeping the paper ribbon in my pocket when some time later I took it once again and smelled it. “We’re not completely strangers” said White Diamonds again. And I thought: I know you. (Or, at least, something like you). And then, the name came: Ysatis! I swear, I was shocked, once again, in the same day. Yes: Givenchy Ysatis. That was why it was so familiar to me: the honey like note, something oriental, something chypré; I could not believe. But it was there: a very close similarity to Ysatis. My mind started writing this text.

I will not say White Diamonds and Ysatis are the same fragrance, for they are not. But, there is this resemblance with only one difference: where Ysatis’ drydown is more oriental like, White Diamonds is a little greener, for the aldehydes, supported by the white florals, last a little longer than those present in Ysatis.

After taking a look at White Diamonds and Ysatis pyramids I noticed both fragrances share more notes than I expected. I will keep turning to my beloved Ysatis for it has more to do with my skin and personality. But I highly recommend White Diamonds: it is well crafted, exquisite, classy, projects well, lasts long, gets compliments and makes a woman smell like wealthy. Specially if wearing white or ivory.

Enjoy!

Bublegum
Bublegum

This is an aldehydes paradise. I really cannot distinguish the rest of the notes. To me it smells only like soap, consequently aldehydes. But I don't find this a bad thing since I like aldehydes. If you don't like aldehydes, then don't even try this perfume. It has a Channel no5 vibe to it and with Liz Taylor being already 60 when she got this out, it is almost unavoidable not to think of older ladies. Personally I don't mind, I like this perfume, in Europe as said by another review it wasn't that popular so no strange associations. It is a heavy scent so use moderately. Huge sillage and longevity.

The_Entity
The_Entity

When I was younger I never understood why this perfume was such a best seller, just smelled like soap. But as Ive got older Ive grown to like this frag, any frag with aldehydes compliment me and the narcissus in the drydown

MsBacall
MsBacall

I have worn this perfume a couple of ways. I have sprayed it on my jacket and I have sprayed it on my skin. I noticed when I wear it strictly on my clothing, the scent is super sharp. All I get are the top notes and they never develop. When I wear it on the skin, it is luxurious. I get the soapy aledhydes and lily, but as I wear the scent on the skin it develops fabulously. Oakmoss really gives this scent a vintage vibe. This is a big scent and is not for a timid person. It's for a person that means business. This one I would sample for a bit before purchasing. It is a bit polarizing, but I will say that after several wears on the skin, I am a fan. I love the drydown after several hours of wear.

pretty mini collector
pretty mini collector

I do not like this perfume on its own. It smells only like soap and baby powder on me. However, when I pair it with a sweet scent, the combo is amazing! If you have the same issue, I highly recommend trying to pair it with something else. Not only will you be able to wear this scent, but you will have something unique that no one else is wearing.

Jomoves

This scent never fails to make me feel like a million bucks - and I do mean "bucks" not "dollars", as there's something slightly trashy and sassy about this scent!

archivist
archivist

Does not smell good on me, but I spent a good part of my morning sitting next to an older lady (late 60s?) who was wearing it and she smelled divine. On her it was such a warm, cozy, but non-suffocating scent. I was very happy to sit next to someone who smelled so lovely. Her sillage was not awful, it was something I picked up when she moved around. Skin chemistry changes with time - this scent seems to perform beautifully on drier skin, but may become cloying on oilier skin.

Sarika mehta
Sarika mehta

It is royal perfume as its name...☝

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

This was my sister's signature scent ...she is 14 years older than myself. Back in the early 90s she used to love to pinch my cheeks then pat them. (I was early 20s go figure) This is the scent that came swirling along with those playful pats. This past summer she presented me with a full bottle, she had a hoard given to her over the years and she knows my fragrance addiction.

This powerful stuff can be over done...but when lightly spritzed it is enchanting. Even my teenage daughter loves it. The powdery floral cloud seems to wrap around you all day. The tuberose very sensual and alluring. Give this one a try...just a dab and you may see what made this such a winner!

velvetrose23
velvetrose23

First thing I smell when I spray this perfume, are the aldehydes. The aldehyde phase is strong the first half hour on my skin. Then the other notes start swirling into play. It's hard for me to distinguish between the notes. The notes blend together very well. All I know is that this perfume smells on my skin,what I had hoped for in Chanel no 5. That is not to say that White diamonds smells like Chanel no 5. They are both entirely different perfumes. For some reason the aldehydes in White Diamonds sit well on my skin. The aldehydes in Chanel no 5 did not mix well with my skin chemistry. I feel White Diamonds belongs to that class of perfume called timeless.

piahellgren

So, ok this came out when I was exactly 20 years old and my best friend bought it at the airport on our first trip to NYC, the big city. We both liked it, but I was wearing Armani Original at the time and this was too flowery for me, as in white, thicker flowers and lacked the greenery that my perfume had. However, I am not 43 and juts a year ago I got this again and it is divine, just divine! I guess I am too young to be an old lady and my mom and grand mom never wore perfumes and here in Sweden White Diamonds wash´t the huge bomb as it was in the US in the early 90ies, so no associations for me (And if I did have them I wouldn´t be insulting and rude anyway). About the scent: It has a sparklier opening that most sects that i have ever come across and it´s the aldehydes and the lily giggling at us, truly neat! I feel intense neroli and yang-gland from this one and later on, of course, the tuberose and the soft, classy sandalwood and some very well-bahaved amber (never thick amber here). The yang-ylang and the tuberose is what gives this scents its thickness and also is the reason that one needs to spray little. i can totally see why people may be annoyed by over-spraying this- it IS thick and rich, but hey, just because some person plays some great music with the base turned up too much, does´t mean all of a sudden that the composer and the music itself is bad! And if that person that over-sprayed was old and smoked cigarette, is also nothing to do with the perfume itself (and while cigarettes are vile, being old isn´t). I find White Diamonds to be soapy and sensual at the same time, sparkly and thick at the same time, light and dense at the same time and as in most of my favourite smells it is playing with opposites that attracts me the most. In this it is very cleverly done! I can actually see the first Juicy Couture being sort of an hommage to White Diamonds- it is also a crispy, yet quite dense and sweet scent. it also has tuberose and lily and instead of White Diamonds aldehydes it´s got an ozonic accord. I am not claiming they are alike per se, they are just relatives in their creator´s main idea. I must ad that I recently quick had a temporary job as a bar manager on huge bar and entertainment palace here in Sweden and worked with plenty of very young and pretty girls (between 19 and 24, basically) and I invited them to a "perfume evening" at my place (they wore Curious, Viva la Juciy and Escadas themselves or nothing at all) and all of them actually fell in love with White Diamonds. None of them had a clue about the perfume (they barely know who Elizabeth Taylor was) and they´re even too young to have old lady associations with this scent. it was one of their favourites in my selection together with Baby Doll, Midnight Rose and Allure! So if you read this and have prejudice, give it a try, spray lightly and enjoy a very sexy and classy scent. And yes, men do love it.

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Je l'ai reçu la semaine dernière et je me suis empressée de l'utiliser.
Voilà un parfum qui tourne autour d'une seule et unique note sur ma peau. Une note de fleurs blanches aldéhydées. Agréable avec une pointe sucrée.
Mais il tourne vite en rond et je m'ennuie au bout de deux heures. Je ne sens que cette note capiteuse pas forcément désagréable mais on ne va pas plus loin... Dommage.
Je m'interroge sur la pyramide décrite ci-dessus parce que ma peau ne fait pas ressortir tout ça ! J'y vois là un "petit tour" que ma peau me joue !!
J'y devine quand même du gardénia, du lys une pointe de chévrefeuille, de l'ylang-ylang (??) mais au delà...Rien !
Un petit parfum sympa mais qui ne révolutionnera pas mes narines....

toni64
toni64

I wear white diamond sometimes, usually in winter. it is quite a strong perfume, lasts all day. Had many nice comments while wearing this perfume from men and women alike. Not one bad comment

noni_345
noni_345

Was strolling at the supermarket n just happened to try the roller ball. Usually the roller balls get to the heart notes quicker so idk how the top notes are but i liked what i smelled. It wears like a 'your skin but better' fragrance.

It brought back memories of my 25 yr old bestie. I've smelled this on her for years. Almost thought it was laundry soap..one of those scents that have a presence but never really associate it with perfume.
I was suprised at how many dislikes this has. Over spraying ruins alot of fragrances for alot of people. I urge you guys to give them one more shot before completely dismissing them. U might be suprised.

xanman

It's really nothing personal when sometimes the younger set don't appreciate- and even wrinkle their nose at the sensual, timeless beauty that is White Diamonds ( heck even some mature gals associate her as being an old lady frag.. ) This beauty is associated with mature women because that is who it was marketed to in the first place and that's who most likely wear it now.Top notes are strong but in my opinion the soft, sensual dry down could be worn by any body 20+. It's really beautiful and men young and old love this. So young ladies- wipe those awful memories of that chain- smoking Auntie who bathed in WD till the fumes made you gag. Just spray lightly on skin wait an hour and sniff. You might just fall in love. And if you don't like that's really okay. We all have different tastes and opinions :)

seaside
seaside

@spotlights, you do realize that this is the section for reviews; right? And you are aware that reviews are opinions; correct? Surely you have posted some criticisms of other perfumes? Of course you have.

There are no stated facts here. Your response to Luna Taylor is totally out of line.

debush

I bought it for my mum... My mum used to wear ISA ( Ulric de Varens ) and Annais Cacharel. And She love White Diamonds now, even my sister one want!
Such a classic scent and glamorous!

kristinejane
kristinejane

This is one of those ''CLASSIC'' perfume. I think it has its days! Time to move on :) I wouldnt wear it.

jake.shouse

Lovely scent I own this and my partner loves it on me. This is such a great scent!

ks30
ks30

There are sure a lot of RUDE comments on here…show some respect people for the ones that like this perfume. I find it very pretty.

Mrbigbigtoe

I was walking OUTSIDE of Walmart and some lady I assume mid 40s was walking up about 20 freaking feet away and I smelled her before I even saw her. Also when I smelled it I INSTANTLY recognized the smell. However over wearing perfume like her is why people HATE this fragrance. Because personally I LOVE this fragrance.
But COME ON people. That is rediculous.

I'm 18. I find White Diamonds, Chanel N#5, and Beatiful by Estee' Lauder to be the sexiest scents. Honestly I hope and pray that my future wife will love these as much as I do.

But on those you got to be careful.

spotlights

WHAT IS ALL THIS ABOUT GRANDMAS???
I do not understand why this word is used so much - please enlighten me.

IntentOnScent

My skin pretty much drinks perfume up and most vanish in half or less the time it lasts on other people.
Even tho this is edt, it stays with me all day. Love it... I'll never forget the sound of awe that man with the accent had when he said "omg! what is that smell?!", during one of life's most defining moments.... purrrr
Its a classic. The price is amazing, get some ..if you don't like it..., well, so? You have an under 20 dollar stocking stuffer for Christmas. Cant lose.

IntentOnScent

omg nice one ahsher..... lol'd as I agreed

spotlights

ashes.jessie - I STILL don't know what 'Grandma scent' means. I adored my grandmothers and my lovely mother, so to use scent they used would be absolutely lovely - but it is discontinued. It was 'Soir De Paris' or 'Evening in Paris'. Bourjous.
The relaunched effort for the anniversary of WW2 was nothing like it. It was a distinct Violet confection, one of only two scents available during the war, here in England.
The other was 'California Poppy', (when it managed to cross the Atlantic from our Allies and saviour, America. So - what is a Grandma scent? An Old one? A Classic? WHAT?!

asher.jessie

If your grandma hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist. So it's time to show a little respect.

This scent is divine, and it most certainly makes an impression. It's a beautiful homage to a very wonderful period of time in the fragrance world, and if people can't appreciate the classics, then I don't think they deserve to appreciate the new ones.

spotlights

Just what is a 'Grandma' Scent? Is this an insult?

missann2000
missann2000

I'm sorry to all those that love this, but to me this is just a big no. I can smell it a mile away and everyone who I've come in contact with that wears this, wears way too much. Sat a row and four seats down from a woman at a hockey game and she overwhelmed our area in a huge arena. My mother's friend also wears this and I hate to hug her because after she hugs you, you smell like this until you can wash your clothes. This is one of those perfumes that I just don't get.

spotlights

TO Jake.Shoes - Light and fresh!!!! WHITE DIAMONDS is neither light nor fresh. It is a Heavy, loud and magnificent scent!! All around can enjoy its loveliness when I wear it! It is the epitome of the perfumiers art and unrivalled in its exquisite beauty - but never light nor fresh!

ZackJSullivan
ZackJSullivan

To me, the first thing this scent reminds me of is Chanel No. 5, which I have and I've compared them side by side!

This scent definitely lasts a VERY long time, and is perfect for a mature woman/man who's looking for a classy, sophisticated scent.

Be gentle with application, a little certainly goes a LONG way with this scent, you don't need very much.

Overall, I would say this scent is highly sophisticated, classy, classic, and also affordable!(Something I cannot say about No. 5) 50ml bottles are always readily available at my local TJX or Marshalls for about $25, which is great!

I would not use this fragrance every day, I would use it for specific occasions where I'd like to give off a more professional, classy, and put-together vibe to others, as this fragrance can really bring together a fantastic evening look for anyone!

spotlights

Oh!, I am the same as YOU! I tire of perfumes easily BUT I have never tired of Elizabeths 'WHITE DIAMONDS'! It has enchanted me since the very year she launched it. It is MY signature and I am well know everywhere I travel Being an International Socialite and Partygoer, yes there are such people! I use lots and lots of it. I have stocked up because you never know with these people, they may do something to it - even cease its production! Heaven forbid. WHITE DIAMONDS is the most feminine, alluring, sophisticated, scintillating and splendid of all the scents.

Searro
Searro

It's my opinion that everyone should have a special, signature fragrance, to accent a sort of aura for their own, distinct persona.

About three months ago, I began to tire of my Versace Eros (gasp!), and set out on a lengthy hunt to select a scent that fit the bill of A) maximum longevity, B) aldehydic and spicy, and C) reasonably priced. Dior's Dune and Elizabeth Arden's Red Door very nearly qualified, but sadly weren't as long-lasting as my prototype--The Ultimate Perfume: Chanel No.5 (WAY out of my price ballpark, however).

Then, I found Elizabeth Taylor; the liquid in the long, cylindrical bottle was a deep, amber-gold, with what looked like a diamond bracelet wrapped under the guilded lid. A single spray on my neck, and I instantly began to smell mandarin, cider, cinnamon, STRONG aldehydes, and the airy Egyptian tuberose and carnation notes which seemed to perfectly compliment the lightly musky undercurrent. I knew I'd found the one I'd been searching for. And, as far as staying power is concerned, a spray or two of White Diamonds held on my skin alone the entire day!

Sadly, it's been said about many of Mrs. Taylor's classic fragrances that they're generally for mature women. In today's perfume market, where Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue or Gucci Guilty are raking in the highest sales, it's not too difficult to see why White Diamonds is typically passed up in favor of sweeter or simply more brisk eau de toilettes. But, to my nose, nothing smells more chic and timelessly stylish as the potent, vintage fragrances of yesterday. And White Diamonds most certainly holds its own.

arxsyn
arxsyn

I've tested the edt several times on my wrist. It is strong stuff! I don't ever think I will like this because of the type of floral smell is not to my taste and is strong and kind of repugnant, actually.

It mostly reminds of this bouquet of lilies my mom bought that filled the bathroom with their scent. It isn't a sweet smell by any means, slightly fresh, green, waxy with something I don't know, indolic and pungent?? I certainly knew I didn't care for it.

But this stinky musky smell is magnified in this perfume in a synthetic way. the waxy,spotted white petals and their yellow stamens in all their full glory... Choking me with soapy aldehydes and other yellow flowers and honeyed syrup. It also has that hint of decay from tuberose as in fracas.

I can't do it! I appreciate it somehow resembles nature. So if you like these types, great. For me, ugh. No way. Migraine inducing.

My friend gave this to me as a set. I am going to pawn off a 30 ml bottle to my menopausal mom and a 100 ml to my grandmother and see what happens. I'm going to keep the bath oil for now, haven't tested it yet. The bottle is very classy, should make for a great gift for the mature lady.

The frag also brings to mind another jus that packs a punch... Giorgio Beverly Hills! That one was strong, but I probably liked it a little bit better. But only, just. Fracas is most preferable out of the bunch to me.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I am blown away by how wonderful this smells! I am having a difficult time discerning individual notes but I do detect the lily and aldehydes. I have smelled it before on women but never knew what it was. A friend of mine was wearing it and I had to ask what it was and get some for myself. I love it so much I have begun buying more in this line. So far I have collected D & sapphires, D & emeralds and Sparkling White Diamonds…LOVE them all! I have seen many reviews that refer to them as old lady perfumes. Bah! No way!

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

I smelled this on a lady n I swore it was Ch 5. It also smells like Bijan Bijan. An elegant old world classic!

lorililly

I LOVE ismellsogood's review of this fragrance. It does bring that kind of joy....I absolutely love it! It is very elegant and timeless. I agree...it is NOT an "old lady" fragrance...it is a classic! It is a special occasion scent. I always get compliments when I wear this. I wear it for church or concerts at the college near me, or special events. It is a jewel like no other.

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

Well enough of the old lady comments already- it's tedious to hear. This is a vintage classic that evokes some brilliant memories. My sisters are twenty years older than me so when they were in their late twenties early 30's this perfume may have been released.

It was all the rage.
Very expensive.. musn't touch. My mother also loved Elizabeth Taylor and I grew up watching her films and seeing her beauty across the screen in the 80's and so on.
So back to my sisters.
They would be playing Studio one reggae music and giggling behind closed doors in one of their bedrooms (not allowed in)and fluffing out their afro's and shaping them and carefully applying their frosted lipsticks and neatly applying their eyebrows with bold pencil, the laughter i heard inside as they sipped their Pinot Grigio's and cocktails ready for a magnificent night out.
Now when they were gone.. myself and younger relatives would sneak in to their immaculate rooms with glittery, sequinned dresses laid across the bed, the outfits they chose not to wear, but all the same fabulous, shoulder pad inserts and the like. POW the scent of the untouchable, oh don't you dare touch the white diamonds perfume lingering in the air. We would of course touch it and spray not realising at that age that it is the most long lasting scent ever hahaha. A lot of the women in the Caribbean would wear this and of course to a happy event. So it reminds me of those times, Celebrations, Christmas happiness. I will always love this scent.

I am always complimented when I wear it. Especially by black men and women of my generation and older.

Smells like sparkling diamonds to me,shimmering stars and champagne from a time when people were a lot happier then they are now.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

My Mom wore this perfume for most of the 90's. I remember liking it and I would spray it on my wrist once in a while. This perfume definitely reminds me of my Mom. I don't know if it has been re-formulated though.

Penny Urn'd
Penny Urn'd

RE: "Old Lady" Scents.

My grandmother wore this. And she was a LADY.

PERIOD.

CDGfan

I am a straight man in my late 20s but I have to say this is one of the few female scents which I find alluring and comforting on women. Typically this is worn by women older than 50, but it does have a magnetic charm about it. Others might smell this and say Granny but this is much better than the peachy cup cake crap girls in their 20s wear today. There is nothing old about this, its just that older women have better taste. I would totally love a girl who wore this on campus.
Even 23 years after its release, White Diamonds is still the best celebrity fragrance.
This fragrance perfectly imbibes Elizabeth Taylor as Queen Cleopatra.

xanman

Always loved this and revisited recently. WD is a very special perfume as it manages to be both sexy yet nurturing. Starts bold and passionate, dries down tender and serene. This perfume makes me feel more loving and kind and patient. Weird sounding but true. Some have stated the Elizabeth Taylor would never have worn this- Well why wouldn't she? It smells heavenly and the above traits which I used to describe this beautiful perfume suit her as well. Old lady perfume????.. Well a very sexy old lady then, as for the most part, men seem very drawn to this perfume.. On a final note, both the EDT and EDP are very very strong in the opening- the EDP is smoother more well blended and creamier. Lasting power is insane- use in moderation!!!:) have a nice night.:)

spotlightslily
spotlightslily

WHITE DIAMONDS - Exquisite and Unrivalled. The Epitome of feminine scent. A pity another upstart has purloined the word 'Diamond' for a cheap bubble gum, sherbet smelly product. I have to make sure admirers know to ask for Elizabeth Taylors White Diamonds when seeking to purchase,gals confuse my request for WHITE Diamonds and offer the other dismal 'Diamonds'in stores.

jake.shouse

love it! Clean and fresh!

pipergirl
pipergirl

This really is a gorgeous, classic fragrance. It doesn't really resemble Boucheron or Chanel No 5 but it is along the same lines as those. Refined, elegant - White Diamonds is a head turner no doubt about it. I tested it today to see if it would work with my chemistry now (it used to turn to bug spray on me) and surprisingly - it does work now! I liked it enough to buy a little bottle of it for a good price. White Diamonds is still a bit too much for me somehow and I don't know that I would be completely comfortable wearing it at this point. But I'm going to keep trying.

halalula1234
halalula1234

Oh my god! I blind bought this for the first time today since I've got an obsession with aldehyde fragrances lately....Keep in mind I am a 21 year old male and not gay either...This is AMAZING, an aldehyde masterpiece, so elegant, classy, and beautifully blended. I am with misterbigtoe there any girls that wants my attention will be wearing something like NO.5 or this...Not Viva La Juicy, Britney Spears, or Nicki Minaj, I too CANNOT stand those generic sweet sugary perfumes so common these days. Its like this is to Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor, Audry Hepburn while Viva La Juicy is to Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and Nicki Minaj.....Classic Hollywood legends and real women with timeless class and style VS skin bearing, loud mouthed little girls.

This fragrance is ageless, its a true classic and it takes a refined nose with an appreciation for fine fragrances and it's composition to appreciate the true beauty that White Diamonds really is. Smelling this a few years ago, I would have given it the "old lady" label too....It is a scent that takes time and appreciation to really love.

Mrbigbigtoe

A lady that wants my attention will wear White Diamonds or Chanel N* 5.
Yes I'm only 18 but these scents are so sexy:)
I realize that a lot of young women (ones that wear Viva La Juicy) think that this fragrance smells like an "old lady".
But personally, I hate Viva La Juicy and any other fragrance that smells like something that is pure sugar.

Trust me ladies, ever teen my age LOVES White Diamonds and Chanel N* 5.
The way to think about it is this simple...
Why wear what girls like when you are trying to empress the guys?

dreamndigital23
dreamndigital23

White Diamonds is a timeless, classy scent for the refined lady. This strong white floral scent is definitely not to everyone's liking or skin chemistry. I believe it takes a particular taste in perfumes to enjoy this aggressive fragrance. Aggressive as in "here I am" "I am fabulous and confident" sort of way. This hits you in the face if worn too strongly. A little bit goes a long way. I have always loved this scent, even in my childhood. It takes a refined nose to really smell out the floral notes in this, otherwise this will just smell like a standard "old lady" fragrance. I for one, love scents tailored to a more mature audience, with traditional notes.

Once you get past the initial aldehyde hit, I can smell out the Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, and bergamot, but this is mostly florals. On my skin it gets soft, sweet, and powdery. Quite lovely, this is the smell of a woman that knows what she wants but is modest and classy. This perfume accurately reflects Taylor herself.

I purchased the roller ball for this. I love this perfume. To be worn cautiously, it is the strongest fragrance I have ever owned or smelled. Long lasting, you can smell this for days on your clothes. The roller ball will last me a very long time so it was a great deal. The little bit on my wrist has incredible silage.

Jest
Jest

Smells so fresh and clean like soap. I love it. It actually did make me cough though. I guess cause it is kinda strong.

StarrySky101
StarrySky101

As soon as I smelt this perfume, the first word that came into mind was 'classic'. It smells like how I imagine a woman's powder room in the 50's would smell and I love it. It's a mature smell and not for the faint-hearted. The overtones of lily and aldehydic are strong and will leave an impression on everyone who smells it. It's an absolute gem of a perfume.

lorililly

I have owned this perfume a couple of times in my life... first in the 1990's when it was introduced, and I was in my 20's. And now, when I am nearly 50. Yes, I have smelled this fragrance on women older than I, and it seems to adapt each person's chemistry a little differently: revoltingly chemical on some, heavily floral on others, "grape juice" or "fruity pebbles" on a select few. I did read a review on here in which someone noticed that a lot of women who smoke wear this. In fact,my children's grandmother wore it and I actually consider the smell of White Diamonds plus a freshly lit cigarette (in a car with the window down, on a cold day) a comfort smell. That combination brings her back for me! I do not smoke, but i wear it now and I use it sparingly...only a couple of spritzes on my pulse points and on my neckscarf in winter. It develops into a rich, subtle floral and I really like it! I get compliments on it often(fortunately when I'm sitting close to someone, not from across the room).

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

Something about this fragrance just makes me feel very ill! I can see why some people might like it, as some of the notes like the white florals may be appealing... but this combination of notes is just too over the top. I can say though that the sillage is very strong. This perfume was the signature fragrance of one of my classmates, and it filled up the entire lecture hall! Apply carefully...

Mozartiana
Mozartiana

What a lovely fragrance! It is beyond any doubt a masterpiece among celebrity perfumes. Unfortunately, lady-like compositions like this one are not so popular today so this beauty tends to get way to many 'old lady' labels. I could not disagree more. Style has no age. Masterfully blended composition that will not make you go un-noticed. I would not describe it as strong, but rather powerful. You need to have strong personality to wear this one out. If you are a timid little flower, you should pass this one.
Aldehydes are noticeable although not overwhelming like in Arpege or Caleche. They ton down in 5 minutes to a wonderfully milky, warm flower heart of tuberose and jasmine that is supported by a captivating sandalwood and sultry amber accord. Highly recommended fragrance for all the ladies out there no mater of what age or social status.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I don't love nor hate it, it is not on my must have list, but I would buy and wear it if it was on sale.

Yellow Daisy
Yellow Daisy

This perfume is extremely strong to me. This is definitely my grandmother's perfume she loves it pretty much bathes in it and frankly the scent is so strong to me that its almost nauseating. Not for me, my grandma loves it though has like 3 bottles if this.

beauty_girl

It seems that it can smell different based on where on your body you put it. If i have it on my wrists, the lovely soapy smell never comes out and im left with what smels like toilett cleaners. But if i put it on my cleevage or on my arm where the elbow is, then that lovely soapy cent comes out. Perhaps it is because whose points easily gets warm, and the wrists doesnt in the same way. And oh, im weraing pure perfume if that has anything to do with it.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

My sister gave me a fancy looking trial vial and I have been really hesitant to try this because my grandma has this and I've always heard that this is a SUPER heavy fragrance and that, as a young woman, I should stay away from fragrances like that. I decided that today was the day and that I needed to try it out. I put on a SUPER little amount.....like I dipped in the plastic applicator stick and then shook it off before applying a single drop to my pulse points. I immediately smelled the lily and rose. It was over powering and powdery. I've been wearing it for about 1 1/2 hours and just noticed that the fragrance has died down to this wonderful floral! It smells like sweet jasmine, patchouli, and sandalwood. The sandalwood is a deal breaker for my husband, but overall I think this blends really well and is very pretty. I will probably use even less next time (it's REALLY powerful) or maybe dilute just a tiny bit in some lotion. I like this fragrance though. Very pretty. DO NOT USE MORE THAN A FEW DROPS, or if you have spray, spray it front of you and walk through it. I cannot stress that enough, unless you like overpowering the people around you through fragrance.

amyewest
amyewest

To really try this, I probably should not have picked the $10 EDT at Walgreens. But my Mom wore it when it was trendy so I figured I probably just needed a little nudge to my memory.

The opening feels harsh, but then that might not be so with the perfume version. It settles down very quickly on me into a warm, well-blended scent. No one ingredient leaps out although there is a faint hint of a cinnamon-like scent. Not actually cinnamon, but in the same ballpark.

Mostly though, it smells like Mom and that's making it hard to think of as a scent all on it's own. To the extent I can take it on its own terms, I'd probably not wear it. It's been reproduced so much and in so many contexts (including laundry detergents) that it just seems redundant to wear it as perfume. OTOH, smelling it does take me right back to my Mom and that's pretty awesome.

Chava
Chava

One of my favorites. It's elegant and womanly - not old lady at all! People today have a tendency to describe any fragrance without fruit, sugar, or vanilla as "old lady". Yes, White Diamonds smells much different than most newer scents, but that doesn't make it old lady, it makes it classic! It smells different on people with different body chemistries, but on me, it's a gorgeous, powdery white floral. It's bold and elegant. I love to layer it with the White Diamonds body wash, lotion, and dusting powder so it stays on all day, and so I don't have to use as much of the perfume; a little goes a long way!

mashuda
mashuda

I love this especially the gorgeous sweet musky dry down.... for an edt, its longevity it v impressive. two spritz is all I need (I wear hijab aka a head covering) and I wear just enough bejhind my ears for it to be smellable but muted at the same time (you know, with the head gear malarkey). This is a true classic and very well developed for a celeb fragarance. :-)

2014 spotlights
The most beautiful, timeless, feminine of all the many, many perfumes I have used. I am a very heavy user of perfume, applying at least twice a day after bathing. The Powdery, light yet very 'there' exquisite scent has lovely comments from various people everyday of my life. There will never be another scent that rivals this masterpeice or rather mistresspiece.
It is like the loveliest, most precious and fresh bouquet of rainbow Roses, Violets, Gardenias, Peonies, Hyacynths....and on....and on...

violet.est.bleue
violet.est.bleue

Lately, I have been having a little fragrance nostalgia. I remember when White Diamonds was first released. I was 12, and I recall thinking that White Diamonds was the epitome of chic luxury. Years later, I am in my mid 30s and feel it is finally time for me to wear this fragrance. Despite its accessibility or its tendency to be heavily sprayed by others, I quite like White Diamonds. It is a sparkling, sophisticated floral with a very grounded, earthy base. Spray lightly! I use one spray, which lasts all day and into the night. At the end of my workday, the fragrance has evolved into something entirely different. It's like a surprise at the end of the day. As for being an "old lady" scent... Please. That's what they say about all the classics. Maturity isn't a bad thing. On me, White Diamonds is just right.

PurpleMyst
PurpleMyst

I tried White Diamonds out at a store once (it was one of those testers). It was so bad I ran to the bathroom to scrub it off my wrist. The smell still stuck with me (which in some cases is good thing, but not this one). I can't even begin to explain why I didn't like it or what it smelled like to me, at the time all I wanted was to get it off! Maybe I just don't have the right body chemistry for it.

Update: I think I figured out why I disliked this fragrance so much. After smelling a few perfumes and slowly figuring out notes, I find I don't like aldehyde.

Debra1
Debra1

My Husband Bought This For Me At Christmas, I Fell in Love With It To Wear It All Year Long, but I Generally Wear Florals in Warmer Weather, Not Just For Specail Occasions, It's One Of My Fab 4, Spring and Summer Sents, Most White Floral Sents Wimp Out on Me, and I Can't Smell them, very shortly after I Put them on, this is not just a shy flower sent, that has no loyality to sick with you, it also, it also has the spices and resins to give it charature, and it also has a complex personality that I love in Perfumes. The other 3 Summer and Spring Florals for ladys that don't have the chemistry to hold shy perfumes, are White Sholders, Rare Pearls by Avon and Catlyst by Halston, None of these Fab 4 Sents if you have a shy body Chemistry will Yell at You, but they won't timidly run away from you either. I Love All 4 of them Equally in There on Differnt Ways, Can't Say Wich Warm Weather Sent I Perfer

benpaul12
benpaul12

A common scent on women 50+, deserves respect in my opinion. Strong, but just one of those fragrances which has gusto.

LeahJane1972
LeahJane1972

I am learning that how I apply a perfume or fragrance greatly affects how much I like that fragrance.
With White Diamonds, I walk through the spray twice, naked, then I spray a handkerchief and gently glide it over hard to reach spots. Done! I never spray it directly on my skin, or else it becomes offensive.
Applied in this way, i smell white flowers, woods, some fruit and a little musk. It is elegant and confident.

Edit: today I wore White Diamonds and found it to be stronger than usual. the soapy, aldehyde notes stayed stuck to the back of my throat. midday, before going out, I decided to try and soften the effect by adding some Chantilly to the mix. I don't normally mix scents, but I'm glad I tried it today! The scent was softened just enough with creamy, powdery fragrance. I think I'm hooked!

lirael00
lirael00

This one is really heavy and it's definetly meant for older sophisticated ladies. I would say 50+. Buy this for your mum or grandmother. It smells like old Hollywood to me, so if you're nostalgic about that era, go for it. But if you're expecting a new twist on those legendary times- no, it's not gonna happen.

cwolf

I got a small bottle of the EDP in the post this morning. I dabbed it on my neck and wrists.
Instantly I broke out into red welts at the spot where I applied!
This juice is STRONG! I only have a 4ml mini but I know this will last a long time. 3 drops was eye wateringly strong. Despite the welts I WILL wear this diva on the reg.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

My mom has worn it since it arrived on the market in Canada. It used to smell divine on her, to the point of people stopping her on the street ... it was so magical.
This past year, we bought her new bottles and it does not smell like it used to. Has it gone through a reformulation? Has my mom's chemistry changed? It does not smell bad, it just does not smell .... it used to have a huge sillage on her .... not anymore ....
Any fragrance you can recommend for her to try ?

Melvinmilk
Melvinmilk

Liz Taylor....the last of the the true Hollywood Stars.
No matter how many times she made front page news, people never tired of her....they just wanted more!
Unlike modern starlets of today, who seem to
be in our face at every check out stand, bill board, and TV channel....nauseating!

When this perfume first came out along side the glamorous commercials .....It was thrilling!
It seemed rare and exotic.......

Please riddle me this folks.....How did this perfume become so in our face. You can find this in Truck Stops!

One member commented that everyone who wears this perfume smokes? Well maybe that's because it's located next to the cartons of cig's at the local 7-11?

Everyone smokes in Paris too....but they are all not wearing White Diamonds!
Do you feel me peeps?

I understand $$$$ mass profits.....We all want to own a piece of Liz, Elvis, Michael Jackson...
We all know Liz gave plenty to great causes, and was known for her generosity.

I now see this fragrance as a fallen star....common and used up.

Liz managed the impossible, she remained an enigma to the end, and we still wanted more of her right down to her final days. This is what separates the real stars from the reality stars of the moment. She remains a true individual, in spite of her mass produced fragrance.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

This fragrance by Elizabeth Taylor is like legend herself, dazzling feminine ,glamorous , arrestingly beautiful, sophisticated and forever a true diva !.

Love her or hate her, she leaves a memorable impression, this perfume is very bold and opulent, full of powerful ingredients that been orchestrated together to create a fine masterpiece but like exquisite art it cant be appreciated by low degree tastes types of mortals.

I enjoyed this fragrance since childhood and all of Elizabeth Taylor's perfume lines and specially this perfume of White Diamonds since I always had to take a sniff of it at the department stores or magazines and saving the ads in my collection of pictures and got made fun of for fancying this golden perfume but I did not care, I hoped when I grew up I said to myself " one day ,I will owned them all"
and now I do by which I don't regret it since learning that when you purchase Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes half of the profits go to AIDS research, so for me its very wonderful purchase ,helping people for a cause and smelling fabulous !.

On me the perfume smells exactly like how it is in the bottle but come to life and mixed in with my humans warmth creating a crisp elegant but yet softly warm aroma that people complement one way or the other by which I enjoy very much .

I know many of people have used this and the experience was anything but enjoyable and other's just did a over kill on it and created a bad experience to those around , again the problem isn't the perfume but your body chemistry dear's, the good thing if White Diamonds isn't compatible with your body ,you can always try another of Taylor's fragrances that are just as fabulous since Elizabeth Taylor created her lovely perfumes to bond very amicable to each woman's spirit and character from the very assertive ,casual and modest but all have the same thing in common, sophistication of the feminine.

This perfume has a bold and opulent personality to it and one or two spritz is enough to carry on the whole day or night, its definite fits a special type that can pull of such a extravagant fragrance, isn't for the timid woman, rustic or "girly woman" types since this fragrance quite lavish and elegantly assertive diva therefore choose wisely when looking for a gift for your special someone or yourself if you enjoy classic Hollywood glamorous scents this is your perfume !.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

The aldehydes are very strong. If you aren't used to those, it is hard to smell the other notes.

Christina0065
Christina0065

I am sooo allergic to this one!! It gives me headaches and makes me sneeze and sniffle so bad!!
I am not allergic to many perfumes at all either! It is sooo strong!!!

chuwey
chuwey

Its my mom's actually.. I only try this once and never again.. its too heavy.. heady.. too strong..

very elizabeth taylor.. :D

risarii
risarii

This is my Meme's signature perfume. She's a huge Liz Taylor fan and actually originally wore Passion (and the Emeralds one too, I believe.) but later switched over to this.
It has a bad reputation, for some reason, but I actually really like it on her. It is strong and heady, but as long as it's not over-applied, it's fine. It smells expensive and sophisticated and glamorous. Strong white flowers mixed with a bit of clean soap. Very nice.

Every time I smell this, it'll make me think of my wonderful grandmother. A perfume that is very close to my heart.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

Wore a knockoff version of this and it smelled better on me than the original. I like it, if it's on the right person. Definitely an "older woman" scent.

CDGfan

@ Vanilla the fragrance was released in the 90s, how the hell were you smelling it in the 80s?

A lot of older women love this fragrance and its very nice, its very comforting yet sophisticated in its allure. Reminds me of my Aunts who wear this all the time at parties.

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Since becoming a fragaholic, I think it's interesting to revisit perfumes that have bad press, or all the same that I remembered disliking(or liking) years ago.

Has my taste shifted, or should I just given it a chance? Or is something just plain awful?

I recently revisited White Diamonds on my shopping travels, and for the first time, I really liked it. Yes, this was a perfume I would detect practically always heavily worn in the 80's on the impeccably coiffed and manicured elderly residents of tony Brookline (Boston Suburb).
White Diamonds used to smell like a roomfull of aldehydes to me-and a sharp vat of florals..I now can clearly pick out predominant Oriental Lily, my fave white floral which is not too common in today's releases.
I usually chuckle when reviewers say a fume is strong-only walk thru the mist..With White Diamonds heed all warnings-it has got to be the strongest frag known to mankind!!!

As I have matured, I have developed my own look. And I couldn't care less what others think. It's fun to buck convention. If it's been out of style, it can only be coming back in.

jake.shouse

I'm a sucker for Clean Floral scents out of Liz's perfumes I have had Passion loved it but moved on too powdery than wore Diamonds and Rubies too powdery for me also than I tried Diamonds and Emeralds and it was just ok. Than I use too wear this and I guess spraying 3 sprays of this is way too much people always said I was too strong LOL So stopped wearing it but I am gonna rebuy it and try maybe 2 sprays and see how that works I do like this a lot it smells so clean. Out of Liz perfumes my 2 favorite is This and Sparkling White Diamonds I love S W D a lot very heavy clean floral!

cwolf

I tested this at the chemist today - of course such a high selling scent I had smelt it on hundreds of women in my life, I just never knew what it was that I was smelling.
All I can say is... this is utterly beautiful, it works so well with my skin chemistry and I can rarely wear white florals and often aldehydes come off harsh and sharp on me. The first spray is a refreshing citrus, its not sharp at all, the creamy tuberose is prominent from the start. The dry down is gorgeously complex, spicy, deep and smoky with those rich yellow and white florals. And the base is the most delicious and luxurious smelling amber and sandalwood. If I had to describe this scent in a few words I'd say rich, opulent, creamy, deep.
This is really like a perfume of yesteryear, not the 90's. Truly, this is a masterpiece, WHY IS THIS HATED?
When I was at the chemist I didn't note whether I was trying the EDP or EDT. I plan on buying this, but can anyone tell me if the EDT is substantially weaker than the EDP?

tyekristopher

I just can't get over this scent! I just love it ever so much! my friends don't much like it on me and think it is rather mature for my age but I just find it to be ever so classy and elegant. I could see marilyn monroe wearing this scent.The more I wear it the more I love it! I just got my hands on passion as well... I don't like it as much as this one due to passion being very very spicy for my taste, white diamonds has that baby powder sweet scent that I love I found I do love white florals tho and this is a perfect scent for fancy dinners and nights out. I just got so tired of the fruity scents by the other celebs, they just don't do much for me anymore I only really reach for liz taylor and jessica simpson now because their scents are very well done for the celeb range!

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

This is one of those perfumes that I put on a couple of hours before going out to let it mellow a bit. I think it's a very classy, elegant scent...I can imagine eating at an expensive restaurant at a 5 star hotel. Great longevity too! Wish all of my perfumes lasted as long as this!

Goose pimples
Goose pimples

I had it in my twentys I liked it it didn't like me

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

SILLAGE! If you are in a room with a fan, I hope the people around you like lily. White Diamonds is definitive lily. I think this is a wonderful bold, boss, diva perfume. Rock it and own it! Aldehydes, lily, jasmine, and tuberose loud and proud and unapologetic. And then, like the second movement of a symphony, it is softened with incensy-sandalwood, narcissus, and delicate touches of cinnamon and musk. What age is this for? I'd say 15-115, give or take!

Will I being buying this? No. My household does not love so much lily, jasmine, and so much queen tuberose hitting right at the back of the nostrils, all in one glam scent. I pain them enough with my current collection. But, I encourage you, be not afraid of the multiple white flowers, aldehydes, the celebrity status, or the era in which this perfume was devised. Give it try; you might be pleasantly surprised.

tyekristopher

Okay, I have written a bad review on this earlier... Let's just say I have had a change of heart with this fragrance! I was at sears killing time just looking around, I came across the giftset and for some odd reason I purchased it!!!! I had never liked white diamonds before so I was like what am I doing! after that I got home splashed some on and my god I love it!!!! I usually wear britney spears fantasy, jessica simpson fancy, katy perry ect you see where I'm going...this is totally not in the same range! I think It took a little time for me to really appreciate this scent but It is so fresh, sweet bold sensual and sexy! I think this is my new favorite!!! I love white diamonds, so CLASSY ! I'm glad I added this to my collection!

Kristinen
Kristinen

This has been the most interesting smelling experience I've had for a long time! My mother found this at a good price and decided to give it a go. On her it smells so sophisticated and just simply gorgeous from opening to finish. It's quite strong so she went easy on the spritz -a little goes a long way.although its strong it felt quite soft on her and very comfortable yet a little daring. It's not a scent for shy people but it's still inoffensive. A total beauty on the right woman.

On me however, the experience was very different. I sprayed my wrist with hopeful delight after smelling my mother's wrist. Oh lord how horrible. The chemistry with my skin was not good and I was so disappointed to find out the opening smelled like sunburnt skin!! And I was expecting to smell like a diva a la Taylor and my fabulous mother. For a long time it smelled so harsh and unpleasant I wanted to get it off my skin. I couldn't believe it was the same scent my mother was wearing. However I sticked to it and about two hours later the top notes settled down and the harshness disappeared. Then it smelled exactly like ysatis on my skin which I do like. However ysatis was the fav frag of my mother in the 90's so it felt wrong. It didn't feel like I was wearing a wonderful scent but borrowing my mother's perfume like i did when I was about five years old and stole her lipstick and played dress up.

Conclusion? I'd like to say to all of you who don't like this frag and has had a bad experience with it : don't write it completely off. It's a wonderful scent on the right person. Like me , you just got unlucky

Mrbigbigtoe

I'm 17 and I love the smell of this stuff. Ladies, if you want to attract a man (me) wear White Diamonds.

Part 2.
I have been wearing this for a few days, it lasts on me after a bath and next day. The heart is soft, and the drydown is warm, and abstractically sweet. It gets incensey and classy on me, and everyone confused this piece of art.

Scout
Scout

Theoretically I should be really into this. Aldehydes don't bother me, and I like the flowers listed. But what the heck...I can't get over the fact that I instantly recognize it on anyone who is wearing it, and get a twitchy nose from it. I cannot bring myself to wear it.
And I know this shouldn't have any bearing on the juice, but for crying out loud...Elizabeth Taylor is Elizabeth Taylor, and no one will be like her but her. Maybe only she should be wearing this. The fact that this is on every street corner and in every pharmacy just cheapens the effect, and reinforces that it's trying too hard to be classy and rich, much like the juice inside.
I don't know...sorry to be so negative, but it's the AquaVelva of female fragrances to me. Maybe someday I'll be able to wear it and be like "Oh my gosh this is amazing on me...what have I been waiting for....!!!!"

LoveForYMCMB

This has to be the most beautiful aldehydic fragrance ever made...
It's incredibly rich, elegant and sophisticated, absolutely no sharpness or old lady-ish. It doesn't induce me any headaches by any means.
I might be one of the few persons whos skin chemistry works with this, I smell like a lady, and not a grandma. At least, my sister doesn't find it as cloyinhg as my gourmands, and my mom did not want to puke by smelling this.
Apart of that, this lasts forever, even after a bath. It gives 12 hours+ on me, and on my sister and mother. The projection is awesome, i was speechless of how my skin transforms this into a full image of what being a lady is.
I'm amazed on how such a young girl like me can make this not smell old lady like or deadly.
My Score: 10/10

LoveForYMCMB

So, from my previous review, I had a paper tester, so I ordered it from the US, and i'm extremely proud to welcome this to my collection. It's so classy, strong and simply timeless. It arrives on tuesday, so there I will enter more on this

LoveForYMCMB

So, I gave this a try, and decided to buy a full bottle, this is a true classic, I have a marked tendency of fruity florals even gourmands, but a change is always good. Tnhis is totally delicious.

Lornaluv
Lornaluv

I tried a sample of this today, I've tried this one before and even though I have always thought it a realy beautiful scent something about it just doesn't work for me.

This baby is a big power scent that deserves to be respected as a true classic. I can see why so many people love this. Just wearing this today brings back so many memories.

My mother wore this some and so have so many other women that I have admired, most of them older yes, but never "old ladies". Being over 40 myself I know some see my taste as old lady and that's ok, I like what I like. For some reason I don't like this on myself, maybe it's the type of "lily" conveyed in this, as I don't like some lilies on my skin.
whatever the issue it kind of makes me sad, because it realy is so classic, but I will keep my sample and sniff from time to time and envey those who wear this so well

jake.shouse

a smokers perfume everyone I have ever known who wore this smoked and that is over the past 20 yrs.... Wonder why though.... I am a smoker and wore this not a very long time everyone around me thought it was too strong so I gave my 60 dollar bottle away... I wish people were more open minded with beautiful smells like this but people are cruel! I still enjoy this smell... But will never buy it again!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A multitude of flowers, tempered by creamy Egyptian Tuberose immediately brought to mind a bath of scented oils. White Diamonds reminds me of the strong power fragrances of the '80's-ladies who wore suits with shoulder pads, short skirts, high heels and big hair and weren't afraid to say no, because they knew who they were, what they wanted and where they were going.
I recently met a woman in the fragrance department of a store who told she only wore this perfume and was constantly on the look-out for others to no avail. We had a lively discussion over the old-time perfumes and I suggested some new ones for her to try. We parted happily after our discussion, two mature women, of an era passed, where perfumes were once delicate and feminine, then turned to a heavier insidious oilier vibe-the musks, the patchoulis, the vetivers, then on to the powerhouses of the '80s'. We've enjoyed our true gourmands, our real vanillas, our basics. But now we see the insipid fruity blends. The mixes that are flash-in-pans, the slap their names on and call a designer perfume. And we wonder what will become of this younger generation when they mature? What will be their baseline to cull information from?
Not so with Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds. The aldehydes, of course, immediately hit you, but so does the bergamot, taming the bright florals of lily, carnation, jasmine, and ylang-ylang. But you expect this. The citrus of neroli, violety resemblance of orris root, light spices of cinnamon, hints of Turkish Rose, the hypnotic headiness of narcissus are all blended so well it's no wonder this fragrance is becoming a classic. Amber powders the mix well, while the oakmoss and patchouli give it its mysterious undercurrent. A light musk and a bare inkling of sandalwood all combine to make White Diamonds a perfume definitive unlike any you'll smell and one you'll always remember. This is a love/hate relationship perfume. It is for the experienced wearer, for the lover of perfumes that understands and appreciates the correlation of notes as they are applied.
Slapping her sobriquet on a bottle wouldn't have made Liz happy. She needed to make the perfumes work. She was successful in her goals. As with all of her fragrances, sillage is strong, as is the longevity. There is so much going on from start to finish, it is a joy to experience. This is a daytime or nighttime fragrance to wear, one to make you feel and experience strength.
I can understand falling in love with this perfume, and why someone would make it their signature perfume. It is complex. It's warm and surrounding. There are quite a few in the line to sample, and if you have the opportunity, give as many as you can a test. They are fascinating perfumes.

abbeyroad68
abbeyroad68

EVERY time I wear this fragrance, someone asks me what it is (male or female). It goes with my chemistry I guess. It stays on a long while and you can use it sparingly. My granddaughter used to ask me to lay on her bed before I left for the airport to return home so that she could be reminded of me. To this day, she asks if I still wear that cologne. I like to wear other fragrances too, but come back to this one as it is my husband's favorite too. I know this scent gets a bad rap from some 'expert' opinions, but I get nothing but kudos. Hooray for me.

happygeisha
happygeisha

TRUE STORY: my batshit crazy grandmother (who is 90, italian, still dyes her hair black and has huge fake boobs) had to go to a retirement condo/villa and her chihuahua wasn't allowed... so she gave the dog to my sister. upon getting the wee fella, my sister bathed the powdery old lady smell off him and let him run about the yard LIKE A DOG SHOULD.

he got dirty, smelly and loved it.

well!

one day my grandmother came to visit him and immediately wrinkle her nose in repulsion informing my sister that "he stunk!" while she SIMULTANEOUSLY pulled out an entire bottle of white diamonds from her pocketbook and proceeded to *squirt squirt squirt* that poor little dog right in front of God and everyone. it... was... the best/worst thing... ever.

jessigirl
jessigirl

This is my favorite scent at the moment. Starts with strong aldehydes but dries down beautifully. it is reminiscent of chanel no. 5.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I'm not one to be deterred by claims that something smells like 'old ladies' or 'grandmas', because I find old-fashioned fragrances elegant and sophisticated. I like associations with history, and feeling invisibly connected to generations of glamorous women; on the other hand, I hate simplistic celebrity scents that punch you in the face with an overly fruity, sweet or chemical odour.

Also, I read a lovely review that suggested it was a nice, clean floral aldehyde with a certain cheerful optimism to it much like Taylor herself, and not nearly as cheap-smelling as you might expect. I sniffed it on a card, liked the smell, and applied it to myself. I wore it as my 'method perfume' when I gave a talk about Elizabeth Taylor.

It smelled great at first, but cheaper and more cloying the longer it was on my skin. I was really enjoying the aldehyde top notes, but by the time I got to the drydown I had resolved never to wear it again.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Well, well. I owned this fragrance in middle school, maybe about 1994 or so. After a while it started to annoy me and I gave away my big bottle. I've recently acquired a small purse spray of the vintage formula, and I must say this really is a better fragrance than I remember. I got it out to sell it, and gave it the old, "one last test" then I noticed.. It reminded me somewhat of Ysatis. Not exactly, of course, but they share the big, bombastic "here I am!" Quality. The vintage formula really is nice now that I can enjoy aldehydes and ylang ylang, as well as other white florals which used to overwhelm me. What I once did not understand, I now love as a woman, not a teen, thank goodness I have the chemistry that brings out the rich, & wonderful florals, woods & moss instead of the "sour" note that some find or the washing powder scent. I do know that White Diamonds has of course, been reformulated as well. A shame, once again. When I smell it now in stores I find it cheap, although still remarkable. I have yet to decide I'd ill keep it, I don't know if I would wear it often, as in my area its quite common to be subjected to an overdose of the current mess, or an overdose on an older, unwashed body. It saddens me that I have these associations with this beautiful scent, and hopefully ill be able to move on from them. Scent memory can be very powerful! The drydown will tell, and honestly, this is what real celeb scents should be. But then, our modern celebs aren't exactly Elizabeth Taylor..

The aldehyde opening of White Diamonds makes me feel like I just got smacked in the face with a box of washing powder.
I actually really enjoy the final drydown of white florals, honeyed narcissus and very mild carnation. I just can't help feeling attacked for the first 60 minutes.
Anyway, fragrances like this make me glad I'm not a scrubber. For that reason I can actually give them a fair shot and not just jump on my laptop to be like "OH MY GAWD SO AWFUL" after having smelled it for all of 30 seconds.
I totally get why this fragrance is still so popular today. I think I was just born a bit too late to appreciate strongly aldehydic fragrances. By the time my interest in perfume was budding it was all CK One and Angel. Of course that isn't the case for everyone my age. Let me qualify my previous statement lest I be downvoted into oblivion for stereotyping.

appyfaerie
appyfaerie

Oh, how I HATE this nausiating fragrance! My grandmother loves it dearly, but I have promised to keep her stocked in good perfume if she promises never to wear this one ever again. Besides, I love it when she wears her signature favorite, L'Air du Temps - which is MUCH better!

If one were to apply this perfume with an exceptionally light hand, I might be able to appreciate it, but anything more than barely a drop is absolutely offensive to my nose. My grandmother tends to douse herself liberally, so on a few occassions, we all got trapped in the car - windows up - with her while she was wearing this stuff... and I literally got ill to my stomach because of it.

If you see this, do not buy it. White Diamonds may look like a pretty little affordable gem, but in my experience, it is a total fragrance nightmare. Run. Away. AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a real powerhouse of a scent. It's not the least bit shy. But that is what makes it interesting! It smells very classic to me, the aldehydes carrying the strong white florals. It is a good scent for formal events, but very strong so use a light hand. This is not for spritzing at the office but special, formal occasions, like going to the opera wrapped in furs. Seems to speak of another era, when movie stars represented real glamour and beauty.

gentleheart
gentleheart

the chemistry seems to react much better on an older more mature woman for the most part. it smells beautiful on my grandmother and when i pick up on the scent in passing from older women, but trying it on myself it turned out almost bitter.

jake.shouse

I like White Diamonds! Very unique scent but too many people wear it....

sauko
sauko

I think this perfume really is a gem, aldehydes, roses and soft musk. Makes me think in elegance and glamor. Does not necessarily an old woman, as well a young woman with strong character, red lips, black eyelashes, and jewelry.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Everytime i read about "old lady", i know i´m going to like or love it. Such perfumes are usualy proper, quality and elegant. Like a grown up woman having her charm and secret and using her eyes as a weapon versus the prostitute kind of look so popular these days. Something like Elizabeth Taylor vs Katie Price for instance.
Cheers to old lady!
Plus i always take Richard Burton rather than David Beckham

sandyfeet123
sandyfeet123

This perfume shows me just how much my interpretation of scent has changed. When I was younger I thought I hated the smell because when I would sniff the bottle that my mum owned it smelled strong and musky, I told myself I could NEVER wear this perfume and I would wrinkle my nose while asking mummy how she could stand to wear that thing.
A few months ago I picked up White Diamonds and sniffed it again and I couldn't believe that I liked what I was smelling!! It didn't smell strong and mature anymore but it was a rich, sweet, classic, floral scent. It just amazes me because I feel as if in a different way it shows me how much I've grown and changed :) The kind of person I feel can wear this and actually pull it off is a matured, classy, confident and independent woman.

beauty_girl

Is it only sold as a EDT, or is it sold as even EDP or pure perfume?

sheridanellis

This is my second review of this fragrance:

I just spritzed on a bit actually by accident this morning...(I didn't mean to, and the mist landed on the back of my hand). All morning long it has put a smile on my face, revisiting this for the first time since last winter. I made pancakes for my hubby. I sniffed my hand & was filled with joy at the way the spices I used in the pancakes (honey, nutmeg & vanilla) filled the air and mingled with the perfume and hot coffee & it was just a dreamy scented morning in that kitchen! I washed some dishes & can still smell that one faint mist! Longevity is bananas! I can't believe how different this smells on my skin than on a lot of people's to my nose. Different notes just come out. I was in Reno a few weeks ago and we were staying at an absolutely gorgeous hotel. I smelled White Diamonds on many very classy looking and lovely women in the "above 60" crowd & every time I noticed it, it made me draw back sharply and feel nauseous. There is something I detect on other people that is sour and putrid...like rotting peaches that have been in milk or something. I am hoping that my nose isn't messed up with this one in some sort of twisted asnomic betrayal and that it smells the same way on me! Until I figure this out by taking a personal perfume poll from my peeps....there's always my pancakes & White Diamond morning to remember.
XO

EwieBro
EwieBro

My Grandma wear this, i like it on her :) It reminds me of her

tenay
tenay

I literally never wear any perfumes aside from scented moisturizers, but for some reason I just love this. My step-mother used to always wear this, and, even though I kind of REALLY DISLIKE her, that doesn't deter me from loving this. It's very expensive though. But until I find something new, this will still be my favourite.

piahellgren

I have to say that all this "old lady" talk is completely annoying. One could say that about anything that one doesn´t like and happened to have smelled on someone older. Similarly it´s silly to diss all newer scents and call them bubble-gummy. Anyway, I find everything to smell kind of different on different people! This one smells totally divine to me, that is out of the bottle, very clean and harmonious. And if the sillage is good, strong, hey, just don´t use to much of it! I have not yet tried it on my skin and will write another review as soon as I do. And maybe I don+t like it, but I promsie you I won´t use the cliché of smelling like "old lady".

quackadoodle

Instead of editing my last review, I am making a new one.
I LOVE THIS SCENT. At first (or if over applied, as I tend to do... still haven't found the 'right' amount of this), it is obnoxious and loud. But it is SO beautiful. So feminine. So elegant. It lasts forever (I have smelled it for 24 hours on myself... thanks to the water in my building being off for a while for repair). It is strong. It is feminine. It doesn't give me a headache, or make me want to wash myself (even if I over-spray it... and that is easy to do).
I have been trying many scents lately. Many have been more expensive than this cheap little beauty, but it STILL remains my favourite.
It suits me. Loud, vulgar, yet feminine and classy. What is it about this that I like? Anybody have any recommendations?
(I should note, it smells better on my skin than my clothes. Must be my sweaty chemistry that brings out the best in it)
I have a 50mL bottle, and it is 3/4 finished. I just love this. This is the scent of a woman (but not of a vagina ha ha ha). Even if you end up not liking it, it is at least worth a test. It is amazing quality. This is the standard of fragrances that the rest of the celebrity scents miss. It smells vintage... and I have no idea what vintage smells like (I am 28... just the impression I get).

I would NOT call this an "old lady" scent. Just beautiful.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

I've smelled this on other women and it is heavenly. On me, it goes on very strong - almost with a slightly "bathroom fragrance" type smell. It smells very much like powdery chemicals on me. I can't wear it with my chemistry, but I have smelled this on other women and it is truly fabulous! Try it, see how it mixes with your chemistry!

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

It's not often a fragrance actually makes me dizzy, but the parfum version of White Diamonds certainly achieved it!

Mind you, I'm really not sure what I was thinking trying the parfum anyway. I mean, the EDT is probably plenty strong enough, right?

I don't get anything as feeble as aldehydes from this, just industrial-strngth florals, featuring enormous amounts of tuberose, buckets full of orange blossom, and something I can't define - but I like dhiagelev's concept of "old aspirins" :)

Actually White Diamonds makes me laugh, because if some trendy niche house brought this out it would be acclaimed as "a daring reinvention of a classic concept" or somesuch and fashionable darlings everywhere would rush to fork out large sums for a bottle. For the truth is, it is a very well composed scent. It's strong, yes, but it smells astonishingly high-quality for the money.

I hope to learn to love this.

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

First blast, WOW! I loved it. Sensual, blingy, all woman, sumptuous and strong. (I like strong!)Lasts so well all day, another thing I love, as most perfumes fade away in no time. Dries down to an amalgam of floral, white floral I think, and something behind it which is pretty powerful. This is definitely for the mature woman,(I am one.)This the first ET perfume I have tried and it has prompted me to try others.
My only slight minus is that somewhere, at the back of this is a tinge of what I can only describe as 'old aspirins.' It is reminiscent of opening an old handbag and smelling the remnants of some shards of aspirin left at the bottom. Nevertheless, this may be just my thing, and certainly would not put me off wearing this quite amazing perfume.
It is lovely and stays so well, and is also unusual.

bnporter81
bnporter81

I just can not stand this scent. I'm sure it smells nice on some people, but DEFINITELY not for my chemistry!

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

My husband bought this for me as an Easter present. I have to admit when I unwrapped it I had to put on a fake smile and pretend I was delighted. Anyhow, we got all dressed up for Mass and he said 'why don't you wear the new perfume I got you'...so I sprayed once and walked through the mist.....and was amazed at how lovely it was.

I had heard that this one possessed monster sillage hence the reticent application and really one spritz was enough to envelope me in a white floral tropical haze. I had heard also this one compared to restroom air freshener and I could see how this would happen if it was sprayed any more than once.

My own experience is that it is a mature, dressy, old school weapon that deserves it's mahoosive following. I tend to go towards chypre, incense and woods so WD is not something I would pick out myself but I am glad my husband did, for those days I need a powerful persona. The opening reminds me of Ysatis (before it was reformulated and depersonalitied) with it's melange of jasmine, neroli and a bubblegummy tuberose. The aldehydes project it outwards in a six foot radius at least. Like Ysatis, it is quite linear and fades away over the course of many, many hours rather than having many discernible layers.

Worth a try and keep an open mind, you would never know, you just might enjoy this lady.

Leonore
Leonore

Beautiful. Oddly enough I had never had a chance to sample this famous best seller anywhere, until a few months ago, when I spritzed some from a tester at the mall. I was surprised by how much it reminded me of two great favourites, Calèche d'Hermès and Madame Rochas, both by Guy Robert. Carlos Benaim is following the same tradition here yet leaving his own distinct mark on this composition, a white floral bouquet with a lovely orange blossom motif, subtly anchored in solid woods. The overall impression is creamy, powdery, soapy, clean, very proper, ladylike, warm and soft spoken. Wonderful sillage ~ still, ultra-cautious spraying may be a good idea; I could very well understand that overstating the case might seriously harm the reputation of this legendary beauty. The nature of White Diamonds seems to be demure rather than outgoing and must be respected as such ~ it gleams quietly, not quite sparkles. The only thing which prevents it in my view from being absolute perfection is the barely-there yet noticeable tuberose note (however tuberose fans might like it just for that reason). Not necessarily a "fresh" perfume such as I would wear in Spring or Summer. I would say the reverse is nearer the truth. Classic and timeless, a warm enveloping scent, much like white fur trimmings on a winter coat.

quackadoodle

Just sprayed this on myself. Sprayed a bit too much (oops...) but so far, it is quite lovely. Smells very clean, and very feminine. It is very strong, which I was not expecting, but it is still elegant, even if I do smell like I took a bath in it. One really does not need much of this at all. It is a floral, but I do not smell like potpourri, thank goodness.
Strong, clean, feminine, elegant, and mature. Not "old lady" at all to me, but still mature. One of the best I have tried lately (scents are often a major flop on my skin, unfortunately).

marissa.nowell
marissa.nowell

It may or may not be a coincidence, but the first time I smelled this perfume, I ran to the bathroom less than 3 minutes later and threw up. It was very very strong and gave me a terrible headache. I feel like the notes don't go together very well at all...just too much going on at once.

lettyb76

I used to really like this, but after wearing gourmand perfumes for the last couple of years, I can no longer tolerate strong perfumes.

adair58
adair58

Crisp and elegant, I always picture a beautifully dressed and coiffed woman wearing this. The floral aldehyde opening takes your breath away, but hang on-the middle and drydown are stunning. The oakmoss base holds those florals and the hint of spice (I swear I smell cinnamon) in check. Lovely in small doses, it is strong and long lasting.

Thomasania
Thomasania

After reading the reviews for this scent, I will gladly admit that I love it. It is strong, overpowering and definitely "old lady" and unlike previous reviewers I use the term "old lady" in a positive way. To me this scent like many others, that has been classified as "old lady " scents are actually the scents I prefer, and have worn since I was seventeen. I actually love the fact that it is strong enough to last all day without reapplication. I think this perfume is symbolic of its name, because I don't know too many people who wear diamonds because they are discreet and unnoticeable, instead, diamonds represent rarity, elegance and expensiveness. I think that this perfume achieves much of the same results, it is elegant and smells expensive without actually being so and in today's perfume industry it is a rarity to find a scent under $20 that doesn't smell like something intended for teenagers.

crikat
crikat

I avoided this perfume for years because a sniff of the tester revealed an aldehydic assault that I couldn't imagine clinging to my skin, but time (way too much time) spent here convinced me to give it a proper try. I obtained a set at RiteAid cheap around the holidays and WOW! Does White Diamonds play nice with my skin chemistry! The aldehydes are still strong up front, but they're followed by citrus and florals, in which the jasmine and tuberose play starring roles. They are supported nicely by oakmoss and patchouli, all softened by a nice cloud of musk. Gee, White Di, why did I wait so long to meet you?

bailarina
bailarina

When I first smelled this it was when I tested it on my own skin, and I loved it, granted I was a child. At that time I did not associated the scent with anybody else, so I was not biased. I don't think this frangrance smells like "Old Lady" but it was very popular many years ago and it is associated with mature women. It is one of those scents that you can recognize. I had a small bottle my grandma gave me, and I used it all up.
I don't know if I would still like it now that I have other beautiful fragrances, but I remember it was very nice, and I used to love it. I thought I smelled so good...Ohhh, those childhood memories :)

LANIER
LANIER

Yul Brynner ripped open the envelope paused with a half smile looked up and out across the audience in the packed Santa Monica Civic Auditorium to find her eyes.

“And the winner is…..”

The scandal would have ruined any other actress’s career. Only a few years before Ingrid Bergman had been vilified and exiled to Italy for leaving her husband and daughter to marry Roberto Rossellini and other lesser stars had fallen from the heavens of Hollywood for much less.

Yet she is still here, dressed in Dior, sitting back in her chair not expecting anything, waiting to hear if she is going home with Oscar.

She was the little girl with the grown-up face who had won the hearts of America when she dressed as a jockey and won the Grand National at twelve years old, the teenaged girl who found her place in the sun when she steamed up the screen with the hottest kiss ever filmed and uttered the line that would define her for many.

“Tell mamma, tell mamma all….”

She had taken West Texas on at twenty two and tamed a rebel in the bargain. She revisited F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Paris, went mad in the midst of the American Civil War. But when she was that cat Maggie on a hot tin roof all hell broke loose.

Suddenly a few summers before this Oscar night the most beautiful widow in the world had stolen Tammy’s husband. This sealed her image as a modern day Cleopatra and in so doing convincing a failing studio that she was the only woman who could save them by barging down the Nile in style. But first she had a debt to pay. Metro said she had to play a prostitute before they would release her to play a queen. She hated the role and swore she would sleep walk through it. She took no direction from her director and had her crooner husband inserted into the film. The first few days of shooting where a nightmare but something happened to change it all. Her innate professionalism took over and her forth Oscar nomination was the result.

The housewives of America where horrified and fascinated all in the same breath by her performance on screen and off, she was the home wrecker they loved to hate and envied for her beauty. After playing the Park Avenue call girl she was off to London to make history as the woman who nearly brought down the Roman Empire. It didn’t start out so well and in a month she had to be carried on set for her costume test ill with the flu. Within hours she was fighting for her life when the flu morphed into a deadly form of pneumonia. A London newspaper announced her death at the very moment she came back from the edge at the urging of Mike Todd.

“Go back baby. You have more to do. I’ll be waiting for you when it is time.”

The tracheotomy scar at the base of her neck would be her badge of survival, one of many.

The world suddenly realized what a loss her death would be too their collective dreams. They had almost lost that beautiful little girl, the girl who had everything they needed to remind them that there was still magic to be found in flickering images on a silvery screen.

“And the winner is, Elizabeth Taylor….Butterfiled-8”

The Santa Monica Civic Center exploded in jubilation. They and the world had forgiven her.

“I lost that Oscar to a tracheotomy” Shirley MacLaine whispered as she joined in the applause.

When Elizabeth still weak from her ordeal in London reached the podium she was visibly moved.

“I don’t really know how to express my gratitude for this and for everything. I guess all I can do is say thank you, thank you with all my heart.”

All was right with the universe; everything was back in place in the heavens. Our National Velvet had won the prize and come home to us. All that was left for Elizabeth Taylor to do now was to fly off to Rome to meet her new Mark Antony.

***********************

White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor is one of the most popular perfumes on the market. It has been a huge seller for over twenty years and a winner of the Fifi award (the Oscars of the fragrance industry). It has eclipsed Taylor’s first perfume Passion and outlived the many flankers of rubies, sapphires and emeralds.

It is in my view the best of her line. This Floral Aldehyde is sure to be viewed by the younger audience as an old lady scent. That would be a mistake. White Diamonds is really a nod to a classic and classy approach to perfume. It smells vintage, rich, elegant and glamorous. This perfume is a star and she is at ease in her skin as a stunning beauty with a great sense of humor. And she owes a lot to Chanel No.5 in her make-up. In fact you might agree that White Diamonds is a Hollywood star playing the role of No.5.

When the lights come up on set the star walks on with a glorious blast of fizzy and fabulous aldehydes that flash a stunning set of gems made up of bergamot, Neroli, orange and lily. This opening is a glittering Bulgari necklace that accentuated the lush fullness of her décolletage.

Then she gets down to the business she excels at, drama! Her violets flash purple lights and she throws out petals of roses and laughing narcissus. She smiles with wisps of ylang-ylang and sensuous jasmine. Then all is banished by the queen, Egyptian tuberose. How can you resist her?

At the end of the shoot just before the assistant director calls a wrap. She settles into her director’s chair with a relaxing cocktail of fuzzy comfy oak moss, patchouli, musk, creamy sandalwood and warming relaxing amber.

Like all great stars White Diamonds has longevity. (It is long lasting in more ways than one. The bottle I have is from 1991 and smells wonderful.) She lasts for hours and hours, eight to ten hours tops and that is fabulous. She remains young on the skin like a dusting of Max Factor powder that stays smooth and creamy well into the night. Her projection is professional and no need for a body microphone. She lets you know she is in the room and all eyes are on her.

White Diamonds like Elizabeth Taylor is unforgettable.

FIVE GOLD STARS *****

"There is no deodorant like success" Elizabeth Taylor

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

It's an ok scent... but a little strong. I wouldn't ware that anymore... my mother used to wear it and I'd take a little sometimes as a teen.

melange
melange

On the day I got a small bottle of 'White Diamonds' ETD along with several other fragrances, this one found its way into my hands first. I've been curious.

The juice is the colour of deep yellow, the "I mean business" shade - compared to, say, the pale blond of 'Eau Claire des Merveilles'.

First whiff, straight from the bottle: generic perfume scent - reminds me of the perfume my mom used to wear in the eighties. The aldehydic buzz is very noticeable, like vodka in a coffee layer cake. On second whiff, I caught the smell of something musty, earth-like - probably won't be a favourite with my husband, I thought.

On my skin (and I've been extra gentle when applying this) it was mellow from the start. And, ah, the disappointment! It cut straight to patchouli and musk. No intermission, nothing in between, it's the end. No development. No flowers. No Euro-trash glamour. Just a winter-wrap kind of frag. I would have suspected that the sample I have received has aged badly, if not for the fact that my skin, as far as I can tell, tends to combine oddly with musk, extremally playing it up (I'm looking at you, Burberry Body) and killing all the other notes.

Edit: My husband says it reminds him of a cologne used on men's hair in very old barbershops, and he is right. The glorious aldehydic note is now officially ruined for me. Sigh.

princesszaida
princesszaida

This is so strong and obnoxious. Really well mixed. Unnatural smelling, if you want to smell like a real flower this isn't for you. The aldehydes are strong. Smells rich, euro-trash, like someone who is unwise with their money. Drydown has a slight warm cinnamon note on me, mixed still with sharp synthetic notes.
I really like it, and use it often. So well priced too. No one has ever complained of me wearing it, and I think I use a pretty heavy hand with all perfumes. I've even received compliments while wearing it (:

camaral
camaral

White Diamonds surprises me by qualifying as what I refer to as "the real thing". I've had my bottle since 2009. A country club member, where I worked, came in one evening smelling magnificent. To my amazement, she said her fragrance was this. How was that possible? Hadn't I arrogantly brushed it aside years ago, after testing on paper? I immediately acquired the EDT, but it wasn't until now that I fully appreciate its complexity and perfection. Confident, yet feminine; a smidge of Downton Abbey drama in the background... And longevity which serves as a reminder on a man's bed sheets.
Dominant notes on me are sandalwood,oakmoss,ylang-ylang and carnation.
It may knock some noses out of joint, but in my opinion it's in league with Shalimar and Ysatis. After the collective gasps settle, please compare notes.
To those younger than 35, this is what authentic perfume smells like, girlie-pants.
I know, I know, it's so inexpensive and common. Where's the challenge? Might it just be one of those rare times in life when something good comes easily?

Discoball
Discoball

Tried this fragrance on today and wow! It was very strong, very sweet, and it had something to it that is very unique smelling. I will admit it's a little bit stinky , but there's something about it that is very enticing too. Sometimes my nose picked up notes that smelled like bug repellant and nail polish remover. Then I would smell it again and it seemed like spice, cinnamon, citrus, and heavy powder. I think this fragrance hasn't been treated fairly. I can understand the love/hate with this scent.

stormyla
stormyla

I always loved this fragrance but it never loved me. Either my mother or sister inherited my large bottle.

Recently while cleaning out my armoire, I came across a large unused jar of the body cream. This one had been a gift from my beloved back in it's debut year.

On the first cold days this winter I tried wearing the cream. Playing it safe, I wore it only on my arms. I wore it three days in a row.

The verdict was unanimous from all whom I encountered. The body cream's scent is a lovely veil of flowers. It is both sophisticated and charming. Keeping in mind that mine is the original formulation, be aware that even the cream has tremendous sillage and longevity.

This experience has reminded me again to think beyond the EDT & EDP when wanting to try a new scent. There are often much better buys to be had on the bath and body products than on the perfumes and many people claim that the bath oils are the best way to go.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am not a florals fan but I was trying to find a floral scent that I can tolerate(So far the only rich floral that I liked was Aimez Moi by Caron). My former boss used to wear this and I remember it smelling really nice on her.
After trying it on paper strip and my skin, I can say that its not for me. Main reason being that I don't like aldehydes. Its has the spicy floral and citrus opening but then you hit with dusty aldehyde note and its all over for me at that point. I see that people are comparing it with Chanel #5 and Beautiful-it does remind me of Chanel#5 although the White Diamonds has a slightly different more citrusy opening but it has the same dusty note that Chanel has. However, to my nose, it doesn't resemble Beautiful at all.
Its spicy, bold and in your face and this totally reminds me of my boss because that's how she was-she was also very glamorous lady and always dressed to kill with tons of blingy jewelry so this scent totally suited her.
I can see why some people love it and some hate it. I don't hate it but alas, I can't wear it

PerfumeDeeva
PerfumeDeeva

The parfum and edt smell so sour. I work at a perfume shop and I absolutely dread it when people ask me to spray this for them but I do own the bath oil and i will say the bath oil smells simply divine when it mixes with water. I definitely can smell the patchouli and amber on my skin and the oil leaves my skin very soft and kissable! If you somewhat like White Diamonds then buy the bath oil. You won't be disappointed. I feel like you get the best out of this fragrance when mixed with water.

ttrappe
ttrappe

This did not agree with me. It takes a special chemistry. My best friend wore it and it smelled so nice on her...Me? It smelled chemically vile.

PrinceRobbie
PrinceRobbie

This is a classic. Pure and simple. Whether you love it or hate it, chances are you know what it smells like. It may make you think of your grandmother, which is unfortunate. Get out there and make some new memories!
Lily and Jasmine. Yes. I even pick up the Bergamot but this is one of my favroite notes in any fragrance. This scent will stick with you ALL DAY, so proceed with caution. One spritz, two spritz. Anything more is possible chaos, you won't need it. While I favor Diamonds and Sapphires over this (due to the softness), your friends are all gonna recognize this one!
Ignore the dislike bar above, I believe this is being judged before people even give it a try. It's a very trendy thing to hate on White Diamonds instead of recognize how fun it is!

Melissa26
Melissa26

Alot of people say this smell is for "old ladies" but i don't think that. i love the way it smells.

nyoka

I had an experience today!!! I had slipped to my bathroom to smoke (I know,I know!!) AS I was leaving,I flipped on the exhaust fan and hurridly grabbed a bottle of no longer loved fumes,now used as air freshener. After a few swift blasts,I was welcomed by the lovilinest gardenia,lilys,bergamot.

I inhaled deeply and couldnt for the life of me,remember why I stopped wearing this!!! The heart is familiar with rose,violeys and jasmines but,is kissed every so softly by yang yang. I fell in love,

Here it is 6 hrs later and my towels still have that oakmoss,patchouli and amber glow!!!>BATHROOM be hanged!!! Im wearing this beauty tomorrow on myself.And,yes,I will feel simply beautiful,superbly sexy and be smelling like heaven!!!

Oh yes, THis is one if you just smelled it and didnt see the name,,you would be shocked.VERY much worth a try!!!

fihe
fihe

White Diamonds made me realize I don't care for floral aldehydes. I used to have this in the EDT and still have the parfum. even the EDT is very strong, with crazy sillage. I've found that it does "calm down" pretty pleasantly after a few hours, but it still smells too synthetic for my taste, plus it gives me a headache. I think I may give away the parfum because if the EDT was too strong, the parfum would probably kill me no matter how little I try to use. White Diamonds may be more bearable if only it were more "watered down".

MysticMeg
MysticMeg

I cannot stand this perfume, a colleague wears it and i received some bad news and got a sympathy hug from her. i could not wait to get home to change and shower because that is all i could smell - sinus attack overload. This is what i would imagine a wild west brothel would smell like!YUCK!

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

Punches you in the nose! This is either going to be loved (which I don't understand) or HATED (and I mean HATED). I wear this sometimes because I adore the cinnamon undertone. When it gets to that stage- it's incredible. But initial spray and the first two hours- beware. I can't say anything against it's longevity. If anyone is saying it doesn't last- what's your secret? Because I have to shower for this to come off!

mnoman
mnoman

My wife loves it and always wear it on occassion. So I cant say a word against this perfume...

julieanneh
julieanneh

I had worn this for about 10 years. Sometimes you want a perfume to waft around you and this does it.

This was my first real love with perfume. I loved the smell on me. I have indeed repurchased another bottle and it is ridiculously cheap to buy. I will admit that my recent love of testing and a little buying of perfumes means I am not wearing it as often, but I will always like this perfume. So many perfumes so little time.

asher.jessie

Let's get something straight. I'll point out two facts:

1.) I'm a 20 year old, male college student.
2.) This fragrance is hated.

I've always been obsessed with the finer things in life, and my obsession with film has led me to absolutely adore everything Liz Taylor stood for. Once I started developing my perfume collection (see my profile), it was only obvious to me that I desperately needed this gem for collector's purposes...but I live for making an impression and being unexpected, so White Diamonds is exactly what I need.

I'm a HUGE fan of white florals, and I'm known to rock Madonna's Truth or Dare or Gucci's Premiere on any occasion. But they just don't have that heavy pungency that I truly adore... So after nabbing a large bottle of this for just $15 at my local TJ Maxx, I was quick to douse myself...and I'm in heaven. The rule of life is that you should wear it if, and only if, you can pull it off. And I can pull this off.

I've received so many compliments, most notably stating that I smell clean, put-together, and classy.

The thing I truly love about this fragrance is that the notes end up doing what Chanel No.5 so beautiful accomplished: Making a fragrance smell like THE FRAGRANCE. Just as Chanel No.5 smells like Chanel No.5, White Diamonds smells like White Diamonds. I can't sit here and pick out the individual notes of this fragrance, like I can with everything else. That's what I love.

It's bold. It draws you in. And it leaves you dazzled. And this is why White Diamonds is beautiful.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

While on the elliptical machine at the gym, I was reading a women’s magazine and there was a folded flap sample of White Diamonds. I’ve always been intimidated by this fragrance, because so many white florals turn so nasty and sour on my skin. But, I figured I had nothing to lose—I’d see how it developed on my warm, sweaty skin and then wash it off in the shower—so I swiped my wrist against the perfumed paper.

Instant white floral soapiness! It reminded me of those little decorative molded bath soaps everyone’s mom keeps in the guest bathroom (yet another example of way popular fragrances are co-opted into toiletries etc). It was strong; not overpowering with the amount I put on, but it could easily have become so. As I continued my workout, the soapiness faded, the fragrance became less crisp and more round and heavy. It developed into more of a tuberose-jasmine flower scent and distinctly reminded me of Avon’s Rare Pearls. In fact, the dry down of White Diamonds is so similar to Rare Pearls, it would almost be a waste to purchase a bottle of White Diamonds since I already have Rare Pearls. If I do buy a bottle, it will be a tiny one as a little of this perfume goes a long, long way; I could still smell White Diamonds on my skin after my shower. I also won’t get one at full price—the advertisement was for a gift pack at Macy’s for $60 (“regularly $120”), but I’ve seen huge bottles of this perfume at Ross and TJ Maxx for less than $20. My bottom line: pleasantly surprised.

b@by
b@by

It's like a sherbet bomb in a bottle. Starts off soapy and demure, and warms up to be a sweet sweet SWEET and tart siren. Definitely for someone who wants attention. Party scent.

I can only describe this as a loud, sweet, powdery, big floral powerhouse. I always shied away from this fragrance, putting it in the category of dated, love-it-or-hate-it scents. I finally took the plunge and applied a generous sample to test. Instant love! Where has this been all my life and why haven't I been wearing it? This is strong stuff, so much so that my eyes water a bit. Needs to be worn with restraint, but if you can pull this off, it's instant glamour in a bottle.

instantjim
instantjim

I bought this for my wife to complete the set of four (with Rubies, Emeralds and Sapphires). It is a big white floral that I consider to be the best of the 'Jewels' range ( though Black Pearl is superior as is Passion). It's strong, loud and long lasting....what did you expect?

nessmcgregor
nessmcgregor

I don't own this perfume, nor have I tried it, because smelling it on my mother is bad enough. It's very true when people say that perfume is a personal preference & I totally respect that - as long as the person wearing the perfume is happy with it, then that's the main thing.

It's not often I come across a scent that I literally can't stand, but White Diamonds makes me feel sick. My stomach turns queezy, as in "Give me fresh air or I'm gonna be sick", kinda queezy. It's strange, because most of my favourite perfumes have "Floral" & "White Floral" as their main accords, just like this one. But I think the woody, aldehydic accords give it a fake, synthetic, overpowering, musky smell that the floral can't compete with. Needless to say, it's not one I'll be buying mum more of for Christmas..

sheridanellis

I took a plunge and decided to buy a very small bottle of this seemingly controversial fragrance because I was not only curious, but I also know that other peoples reviews that spike my curiosity may lead to something perfect for me. I sprayed it VERY sparingly and on the back of my upper arm only. It was a chilly day out and I had on a camisole, long sleeved shirt and a vintage wool sweater & scarf. All throughout the day it was like I could "sense" that I was leaving a trail of scent. I was not sure if it was smelling good to others or not and I do admit I felt a little self conscious about it. The longer the day wore on, the more the fragrance seemed to warm to my body and release itself even throughout all those layers of clothes!
I smelled the most remarkable combination of white flowers and it sounds weird, if not down-right gross to combine those with the scent of baked goods, like a warm ginger-bread or pumpkin pie, but that is what White Diamonds opens up to on my body. It MUST work well with my chemistry because I have since received compliments from everyone from my bff, hubby, son, a waitress (her comment, "This might sound strange, but everytime I walk by you I smell this wonderful aroma that smells like the holidays and I want to keep walking by your table to smell it!") some ladies in line at a store behind me, and then our family doctor who walked into the waiting room and said I smelled wonderful!
So, SUCCESS for me with LT White Diamonds! I purchased a set promoted for the holiday that included a larger bottle, some body lotion and shower gel, and now I would like to get the dusting powder (I think a body powder is the ultimate female decadence to add to a coffret of scent! So luxurious!) which sells for a mere $12.00 USD @ Walmart in our area!
For the reference, I detested Diamonds and Sapphires and Diamonds and Rubies smelled like restroom air freshener on me, so it IS a chemistry thing. Don't shy away from giving a scent a shot just because it doesn't work on other people. Happy Holidays to my Fragrantica Family! :) xo

kmlundgren
kmlundgren

I don't think I've ever read more reviews "all over the map." Hilarious! I will try this frag:)

MeanSuga
MeanSuga

No. Just No - for me. My husband gave me a gift set after he overheard my sister and I commenting that the White Diamonds commercial starring Ms. Taylor still ran on TV. He mistook it for "Oooing and Ahhhing" I suppose. I decided to give it a try, and I wound up apologizing to my co-workers for the scent.
Too loud, too strong, too gold, very overpowering, even with small dabs on inside of elbows .
I regifted it, to my sister-in-law, who is a larger than life diva type, and it smelled wonderful on her!

Flowergrl
Flowergrl

I always resisted trying this. I think that I feared it would be a bit over the top. I've decided I'm going to leave it on tonight, like it or not to give it a fair chance. After an hour I'm smelling the depth and complexity that make it popular for some. It has a spiciness, maybe that's the lily that is nice. Unfortunately the top notes feel very heavy to me, not heavy as in sumptuous or rich but like there's a note that's weighing down the florals and aldehydes. I smell citrus that should give it a light and airy start but it's pulled down. Maybe it's my skin. I think the bottle is pretty in a kitschy kind of way. They're not rhinestones but it does sparkle. I wish it sparkled on my skin but feels too formal and doesn't inspire me, on someone elses skin I'm sure it does. I loved Liz, she was one of a kind.

Croneangel
Croneangel

Got a good chuckle out of all these reviews! Seems you either love it or hate it.... but do give it a chance. Use VERY sparingly! Wait for it to dry down a bit! If you're one of those people whose skin chemistry matches well with this fragrance.... you'll be in love. If not... then it'll suck to be you until you can get it washed off!!!
Cool, dry weather the best time to wear this. Goes pretty well on scarves too. Just remember, a little goes a long way.

PLUMPIE

I can't help it I love this. I have had it before and gave it away but I have just bought another bottle. Something about the incense and patchouli just draws me to it. A total one spray wonder on the right chemistry this smells amazing. This and Diamonds and Emeralds are my top faves of the Taylor empire. I think I have needed to age a bit to be able to wear this - once upon a time I thought it was beautiful but I wasn't quite ready for it, this time I am.

katiewalker
katiewalker

Probably the worst scent I've ever smelled. :(

Fragrance Lover Forever
Fragrance Lover Forever

I got it as a gift, but I dont like it at all and havent used it even once. Too heavy, I suppose =( Not for me.

Jyllian

One of my moms friends wore this and it smelled great on her...when i bought it and wore it it smelled absolutly nothing like that on me and it was sickening and gave me a horrible headache.

molli1
molli1

very classy and sophisticated scent. it is hyper feminine and it kind of smells like an old lady.

Cameopetals
Cameopetals

It's a little of everything beautiful! Just perfect! Very kind.

sassylu
sassylu

It's a great fragrance, nice going to work perfume, when you need a little extra something.

peewee
peewee

A great perfume. One of the best!

elizabethari
elizabethari

I feel like a high flyin' b**** in this fragrance. It's one of those heady, almost disagreeable chypres that demand you either own it, or back the heck down. Hence, I always feel uber-confident, powerful, pretty close in spirit to Liz herself while spritzed in this juice. This is not a sweetheart of a fragrance. White Diamonds is too straightforward for all that frontin'. No berries, cream, delicate softness here. This is for grown folks. One of my all-time faves. Might be a "Grandma" scent set next to all these little girl eau de toilettes of the minute, but we know Grandma's always been the smart one, anyway, right?

debush

think about buy it for my mom ...

missymary
missymary

This is the first Elizabeth Taylor perfume that I have tried. I quite expected a good stirring glamorous aldehyde in the so-called grandma style that's sadly so unpopular with many people nowadays. On my skin the opening of White Diamonds smells like a ladies room a while after it was disinfected, not the worst smell in the world but not generic aldehyde. Quickly it mellows with light spicy notes but the aura of mild disinfectant dominates till the end and ruins it for me. If this is a typical Elizabeth Taylor perfume then I can do without them.

pugnose
pugnose

I put this in the category with Passion. Something is terribly wrong but no one seems to notice it but me. They both smell terrible...like body odor.

Miss Glamour
Miss Glamour

one of the best perfumes in the world !!! I used to own a bottle of this perfume and it is brilliant !! I remember I sprayed it on my hand to try it out and I couldn't get enough

pfcs
pfcs

This is one of the few celebrity perfumes I like, although it is far from my favorite. It is affordable and usually comes with a nice size purse spray, and the big bottles are pretty. Even though it isn't expensive, I usually get compliments on it.

Batey2008
Batey2008

I used to always wear this when we were broke!

Betweenshades
Betweenshades

It's a cheapie, but not bad. Not bad at all. I smell citrus, aldehydes and faint tuberose at the top that lead right into Jasmine. The warm base makes for a nice finish. It's a bit synthetic, but it's a cheap purfume- you get what you pay for. I feel happy wearing it and that's what matters, methinks. :)

Now, it does pack a whollup; I only needed one spray all day. It's not one I'd wear to the office.

perhapspersephone
perhapspersephone

Old lady...hmmmm... I sampled this years ago and don't recall it smelling old lady. I didn't like it at all though. In fact I wouldn't go anywhere near the Elizabeth Taylor display cases back then.

Times chang and my tastes have changed , or broadened. From the positive reviews I have read , I may have to try it again.

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

My mother wore this when I was a teenager and I hated it. It felt like my nostrils were being burnt with every inhale. Luckily she only wore it on nights out with her friends, I'm not sure how my father felt about it. The perfume, that is, not her nighttime adventures :)

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

Despite the fact that so many people hate it ( I think it made a a top ten worst perfumes ever list somewhere in cyberspace) I will go against the tide on this one and admit, I love it! I love the way it plays like a symphony in distinct movements, aldehydes, florals and sweet, sultry base. It is distinctive. It is a contradiction, all at once the caricature of a southern bell, overly feminine and demure but also insistent, in your face. It is this quality that gets this lady in trouble.

The only way to wear White Diamonds is sparingly. This is not a scent you layer. It is either or. Yes, that rule applies to the shower gel. Also,tiny,tiny tiny dab of the parfum. I prefer that to the EDT because you have more control with a stopper than a spray. If you have the spray,don't mist and walk. Mist and dart. It makes all the difference.

krishnaa
krishnaa

Great perfume!! Everytime I wear it I get comments. I normally wear Coco Chanel or Chanel No 5 and never get any comments though I love those fragrances. White Diamonds, a true classic!! My husband loves it on me.

phia143
phia143

This perfume is very strong in general and has a very strong powdery scent that is overwhelming. I don't think this powder scented perfumes works well for me. I was hoping to smell all the nice flowers in this perfume during the dry down but the powder scent is just to strong and over powers all other scents. This perfume is defiantly not for people that get headaches easily!

madameka
madameka

i laugh ,the young girls who love awful candy fragrances,say always the same thing when they smell others parfums (chyprés,rich,oriental ,divins ,vintage....)"HOOO THIS PARFUM IS JUST FOR OLD LADIES......i just want to say :"if you haven't new ideas ,go back home to see your old mummy!!!!!!! "i love this parfum.ansd some more ;))

My mother badly wanted this perfume, not having smelled it before. Being a perfume freak, I couldn't wait to try it on myself. My first impression was that it was ghastly! I told my mom it smelled nice to spare her feelings. On my hand it smelled totally synthetic (which it is!). It was so overwhelming, but within 10 minutes it became a gorgeous, soft, sweet, cinnamon, oakmossy beauty! Not overwhelming or harsh in the least. I rarely wear the same perfume more than two days in a row, but I think I wore White Diamonds for a week straight. It's perfect for cold weather, as it's so warm and cozy. I took the bottle from my mom...and I'm not returning it!

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I recieved White Diamonds as a gift several years back. It's sweet floral with a strong ylang-ylang note that made it smell like overripe banannas. I ended up using it as an air freshener.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

It's simply wonderful perfume!
Choose the right time to wear and success is guaranteed.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

This perfume is oh so very overused, in my opinion! It's the "signature scent" of like 50 million women! Thus, it is not unique enough for me. Also, it smells just like incense... too "hippy-chick" for me!

PLUMPIE

Sweet yet dry like a fine champagne. This is divine on the right chemistry - people always tend to associate the scent of carnation with old people and mustiness - but its damn sexy and rarely used in modern fragrances. this is a very classy fragrance for a confident woman - this poor fragrance is just mis-understood alot like Red Door, these just needs to be used in modest quantities as they are rich powerful and beautiful. An no I am not "old" I am 26 :)

Mistress Eva
Mistress Eva

I have to say, I really like this fragrance. I didn't think I did; I've smelled it on too many people who wear it badly but for some reason it smells really great on me.
I would strongly recommend trying this one out first before buying, as it seems to react more strongly to individual body chemistry than most perfumes (as seems to be the conclusion of several of the reviews here). Although I've been familiar with White Diamonds for years and own it myself, I still occasionally come across women who wear it and it somehow meshes with their chemistry so well that it outwardly manifests an entirely different olfactory composition... Which is either a really good thing or a really bad thing.
I find it best to mist lightly over the torso before getting dressed, so that my clothes sort of mute out any potential harshness, turning into something very alluring and feminine. On me it is very classic, moody and glamorous. A good staple in my (ever-growing) collection.
Bottom line: Try before you buy! And if you buy, do not overapply!

downtown
downtown

At first I thought this fragrance just smelled bad on me. Then I smelled it on others and it has that same horrid smell. I do not like this fragrance.

DarkClarissa
DarkClarissa

I so wanted to love this perfume...the bottle is divine! But I was so sadly disappointed. On certain people's skin this may be a lot more complex and interesting. Unfortunately on mine it was just a blast of harsh patchouli that gave me an instant headache. I had to wash it off but even then I could still smell it. Such a shame! :(

I don't think I've ever given such a negative review to a perfume before and I hate doing it, but I have to be honest. DO NOT BUY AS A BLIND BUY!

LadyGNotGaga
LadyGNotGaga

I think this is one of the worst perfumes ever. Its far too strong, smells artificially chemical and I associate it with tawdry old dames who still dress up and go out and wear too much lipstick and rouge and wear fuzzy fur collars. When I smell this scent mixed with coffee Im transported back to the nursing home dining room where I once worked. Not a great association for a perfume. This one doesnt ever fade either, it stays exactly the same level of noxiousness!

itscaz
itscaz

I loved the bottle with it's pretty 'diamonds' and bought it when I saw it on offer as a gift set. Unfortunatley I found it far too heavy and cloying.

francisrose
francisrose

My husband absolutely loves this fragrance. I have used it off and on since the 90s and it really is a beautiful fragrance with a vintage classy feel. It certainly is unique and has a style all its own.

Lumiere
Lumiere

Always avoided even to smell this perfume in the shop, but recently a lady entered the lift at work and had this beautiful aroma around her that reminded me of cherry garden, or peony. I asked her-it was White diamonds. Suited her so well.

Ditto25
Ditto25

I do think this is a very stong, unappealing and harsh scent. It is a stereotypical "old lady" fragrance. I have smelled this multiple times and hate it everytime. Just recently my friend sprayed it on her sleeve to test. She washed that shirt three times and you could still smell white diamonds. While I am not a fan certainly plenty of people will be. It is a decent price and if you are a fan of Chanel nr 5 you will prolly appreciate this scent. It is a stronger, sophisticated scent. It I a more woody/spicy floral. I do not find it fruity at all. I would consider it a mature fragrance, but that is just my opinion.

reidb18
reidb18

I get annoyed when people judge any perfume from 1 sniff! especially this one, I've had numerous comments like: its too strong and overpowering, you're wearing too much, you smell like an old lady. If you could only understand how long Sophia Grojsman spent in her lab designing this fragrance in c.1989-1990, carefully fine tuning the notes, such as: bergamot, neroli, orange and lily. All the notes in this scent play like the instruments in a symphony. White Diamonds is now in its 20th year of production, and is the no.1 best selling celebrity fragrance of all time!!!

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I actually kind of like this, it's very nostalgic.. BUT.. the other day I constantly smelled Aqua-net in my general area. I can't even remember the last time I've used hairspray except as a flame thrower. I sniffed inside my shirt, and it was White Diamonds.. vaguely smelling of hairspray. Clearly, not meant for me.

This is a very strong scent. I am not a fan. It is too woody/spicy. I feel it is a more mature scent. It isn't pretty or youthful. It isn't for me if I had to choose a Liz Taylor fragrance it would be passion. It smells very dated. It is very strong. My friend put a small drop on her wrist, washed it off several times and took two showers and the scent still stayed.

lettyb76

My mom gave me a bottle of White Diamonds. I like it, but for some reason, I only get compliments from small children when I wear this.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

I have the crystal encrusted bow bottle, as seen in the ads. So very beautiful and 1930s/1940s vanity table worthy, as is the parfum inside. Mature, strong, lasting, and very confidant floral spice.

Perfumedsecrets

It's an eye rolling moment when people call this an old lady scent. They probably also call most of the classics the same. I imagine they also say "ew" a lot, and wear only fruity florals. I automatically question their education level and experience with perfumes. At some point you have to grow up and not continue to put forth the persona of a 16 year old. Yes, it's heady. Most classics leave an impression. However, you do not have to spray a lot in order for it to last the day. Smelling just the spray nozzle does not count as a solid opinion of the fragrance.

Kharnak
Kharnak

I must admit, it's one of my guilty pleasures to wear this sometimes, as a guy. Very soothing.
The overall imprssion is Extremely Feminine, with a refined, Luxurious sense.
The opening is VERY Aldehydic & "soapy", but delicate. The Neroli is obvious, a Complex bouquet that reminds me very much of the popular Chanel No.5
A Luxury purse should smell like this. Aside from "Must de Cartier" this is another mesmerizing, classic "Cougar" perfume. rawr!
The Dry-down is Very soothingly sweet and gentle Amber powdery... they're right, there is a trace of Rose & Sandalwood. *sniiiiiiff* gives me that feeling of fondness, and longing to meet "that person" again after a wonderful 1st glance infatuation.
Lots of people do say this is an old lady's fragrance, but i'd say that in a more positive sense, as "Mature" and dignified.
Elizabeth Taylor.... Passion in a Bottle

kathrinaaguir
kathrinaaguir

This one is so strong, I bought two bottles about 9 years ago, one for my mother and the other one for my ex-mother in law, they just loved it !, did fit so good on their chemistry body, there are mature ones and were so pleased. Not for me I must tell, but I liked the scent.

pink sugar 80
pink sugar 80

Way to strong !!! Smells horrible ! Anyone who wears this will give everyone a headache . This is a offensive perfume .

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I am a huge Elizabeth Taylor fan so of course I bought a bottle of this recently. It's quite a strong, floral and spicy scent. I find it classy and sophisticated, much like Elizabeth herself. It's the type of perfume you would wear in the evenings to a posh dinner or elegant party. Despite the fact I like this fragrance, I wouldn't buy it again because it is overpowering and it's not really a scent you could wear on a daily basis.

Sorcerer1001

This is the strongest scent i own or have tried in sillage and projection. One spray to the chest and i am still smelling this the next morning as i am writing this. ONE spray! My guerlains and chanel cant do that although i wish they could for what you pay. And while everyone is on the topic, what IS an old lady perfume really anyway? Part of me thinks the opinions of an innocent bystander should be given more weight but how can you be sure they arent coming from a biased place and have a very narrow pallette to which everything else falls into "old lady." personally i dont have this problem as no one in my family seems to have never worn anything, idk if they think its too insensible or what but i have no connections between anything and the old ladies i am related to. But i digress, DO YOU think it smells old? Cheesy i know but life is too short to worry too much about the opinions of others. If i did i would never get to wear this or others because it is a "woman's" scent. I have worn stereotypically old lady perfumes and people have thought they were modern mens ones, so screw the genderized system its not really necessary. ATTICA! ATTICA! -burns bra-

givenchyluver
givenchyluver

First I just want to say that reviewing a perfume and calling it an "Old Lady" perfume is not at all helpful to someone who is trying to learn something about the fragrance-also the term cloying is way overused.
On to the subject. I remember when this first came out; Strolling through the perfume counter at L.S. Ayres ( no longer in business) It seemed the entire department reeked of White Diamonds because just about everyone passing by would grab the tester and either spritz themselves or spray it into the air. It is nothing short of a miracle that I love this perfume because I had to walk thru the perfume department everyday to get to my department. It was the perfume version of Michael Jacksons "Thriller"album which played on a loop constantly for at least a month.
White Diamonds is a sexy warm perfume that lasts. Oh how I wish my other perfumes had the lasting power of White Diamonds. I find myself wearing this mostly in the late fall and winter months. It is a heavy scent so wearing it during warm or hot weather would be a mistake in my opinion but cold weather really seems to bring out the alderhydes and bergermot . In fact I associate White Diamonds with snow in the evening. When light hits the snow just right it looks like a white blanket covered in diamonds. I also like wearing this it at a New Year's Eve party, all dressed up with my prettiest jewelry and topped off with White Diamonds.
Is this a strong fragrance? Absolutely! Does it make me feel special? Definitely! Overall, I would say its a glamourous perfume for evenings out and I think maybe that is what Elizabeth Taylor intended.

irishbrodie@gmail.com
irishbrodie@gmail.com

I am not keen of white diamonds, but I really loved passion why did they take this off the market, or can you still get it

garamascara
garamascara

I bought this an homage to the late great Ms. Taylor but honestly this is the reason why people hate perfume. Horrible vile stuff that seeps into the skin and cannot be washed off.

nikkic78
nikkic78

This was my mother's signature scent. She didn't wear perfume everyday but for special nights/occasions. I could never wear it and when I smell it I look around for her. I have thought Christmas after Christmas that I should buy some just to smell when I want to feel her presence.
And this is the reason I am on the hunt for my own signature scent. What is more powerful than your children associating you with a smell?
I grew up with this stuff and can definitely tell that this perfume has influenced my own taste in perfume as an adult. I appreciate neroli/citrus openings. I love the brightness of aldehydes. I'm a sucker for the powdery orris, love sandalwood and amber.
My mother was a strong determined woman and she never had to say much but her presence was felt and that is what this perfume will always represent to me. This smelled absolutely wonderful on her.

krmarich
krmarich

Perhaps Sophia Grojsmans biggest seller of all. It had little fruit and a large heady bouquet of floral drama. Of course, it was Elizabeth Taylor's best seller of all time.

In the 1990s, it dominated the market world wide and was really unmatched in its scale of personality. Then came the pathetic reformulation which ruined everything. All of those rich florals were lost and cheap "rosewater acetone" was subtituted. Perhaps all of the bad reviews are for the post 2000 product.

If you have an original, you will know what I am talking about. What is ironic was that it was marketed for drug stores. Inexpensive and within reach of all. Pure marketing genius!

lisankevin
lisankevin

I like it..its abit strong but then I don't have to use alot..yum

scarlettcroix
scarlettcroix

When this was first launched, I tried it because I adored Elizabeth Taylor. The first five minutes on my wrist were delightful and then....headache! I couldn't blast the stuff off and it lasted for what seemed like an eternity! Cloyingly awful!

Scenxtual
Scenxtual

Just a whiff of White Diamonds makes me gag.

To my nose, it screams 'cheap and tacky'.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

White Diamonds is a LOUD, in-your-face white floral not for the faint of heart (and those unwilling to try perfumes outside ones comfort zone). It starts with an aldehydic jasmine/tuberose/magnolia blast and pretty much stays that way all throughout its very long dry down, with touches of musk peeking out after the first hour or so.

I don't understand the grandma connotations, but White Diamonds is definitely more for a mature audience rather than a teenager. This is for a woman who has long since ceased caring what other people think of her, and blazes her own path. However she's a bit too strong for me to handle, and while I like White Diamonds, I'll need to spray it onto a cotton ball and dab rather than spray directly onto skin. I have the EDP.

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

I literally have a physical reaction to this perfume and it is not a good one. I can spot it even if the wearer is 20 steps ahead of me. It is the epitome of cheap to me....I hate it! A co-worker wears it only on rare occasion and I literally stop in my tracks and have to 'shake it off.' Horrible stuff!

Sorcerer1001

Very nice, reminds me of clean laundry somehow? Even the eau de toilette is pretty potent so dont dump it on!

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I intend to test this...but, I see more people have voted "dislike" than "like" or "love" on this. Hmm.

I think Elise1214 has it right about the "old lady" comment that people make. I think it's partly due to the trend for new perfumes to be light, fruity florals over the last 10 to 15 years. Anything else naturally smells "old" to younger people who aren't used to it.

And many of us may prefer, and still wear, the types of perfumes we were accustomed to in the 60s,70s, 80s and early 90s - the stronger greens, florals and orientals. So we "old ladies" are wearing those.

Also, as we get older, the sense of smell deteriorates, and we may be using too much. Or we may smell to younger people like we're using too much.

So in closing, I'll say what I often do when reviewing fragrances I like - use a light hand. Better too little than too much.

Elise1214
Elise1214

I own White Diamonds, and I do enjoy it a great deal. I giggle when people say a fragrance is "more mature" or "old lady smelling". First of all, where is it written that florals (adlehydes, magnolia, gardenia, etc.), is for old people? It seems that any fragrance that does not smell like candy, is deemed as being "old lady".

Classy and sophisticated does not equate to being for an old person.

If you like something, wear it!

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

strong at the beginning then wears down to a long lasting scent for all day

I.I
I.I

It is a very nice perfume, not suitable for girls and young women under 25.
Though purely floral to my nose, it's quite strong and very long lasting. Only a drop is more than enough, IMO otherwise it will be overpowering and intrusive.
The first moment and then the first few minutes are not that pleasant, they give the impression of a pure 80's perfume, i guess this must be the aldehydes and patsuli that give that impression.
As it drys down it becomes a very alluring, very femimine, very sensual and very floral perfume that evokes confidence and elegance.
I strongly smell lily though, a pure freshcut lily that lasts and lasts.
I like it very much.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

So, I finally tried White Diamonds today. I don't have the vocabulary to describe what I was smelling--I still don't know exactly what an aldehyde is, but if it's something kind of sharp and synthetic, I guess that's what it was. I also got some undertones of root beer mixed with something floral. Nice lasting power, but too intense for my taste...and it frustrates me when I can't describe what I'm smelling.

This slammed me back to the 80s, to the days of my childhood, when I would go to the Cerritos Mall with my parents--back when Macy's was The Broadway. It reminds me of that fussy but beautiful overdone femininity that I would see there--lots and lots of mirrors at shadowy makeup counters, hairspray, shoulder pads, satin made out of polyester, tons of eyeshadow, big or crimped hair, and how I as a child would look up at all of this with a mixture of awe and disbelief.

This reminded me of my grandma, too--she must have worn this or something similar, because it does smell like her. She was into that overdone 80s femininity as well--she had a dressing table, a 3-way-mirror with lights, a 3-hour beauty routine, etc. I wouldn't label this scent "old lady", but I would definitely call it a time machine set for the 1980s.

takeasniff
takeasniff

The problem with this one is people wear it instead of showering. And they usually smoke. So you have a gastly mixture of body smells mixed with this perfume and of course a heavy hand when spraying it. This fills the whole office or room where the person is wearing it. For some reason it seems older ladies wear it. I hardly ever smell it on a younger person. My mum is classy and has aged gracefully. She was wearing it one day but I could only smell it when I was standing directly with her not from a mile away. It smells really classy. That is how this and Red Door should be and I dare say that is how the designer intended they be worn. Only spray a little if you are a smoker I am sorry to say but this and Red Door just do not mix with the smell of smoke no matter how clean you are. Spray a little and leave it do not go touching up all day as it becomes unbearable for those around you. Spray it correctly and it is a beautiful long lasting scent which is affordable and there really isn't much more to say.

kofykat
kofykat

Honestly i like it or i hate it depending on my mood. This morning, i didn't want to wear it. But i wore it all of last week. Not sure. I guess it depends on what you have planned for the day. I wouldn't wear this if i have anything important planned for the day, it doesn't make me feel confident or anything, but i would wear it if i had nothing much to do except maybe go out and chill or something.

madhatter1
madhatter1

You either like or do not like this scent.Its classic, you dont need a lot and I got compliments back in the day when I wore it. I prefer the powder, shower gel bath products since they are much lighter smelling vs the spray. Iam glad I hung onto a mini set of ET purse sprays, they might be collector items eventually.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

This perfume is delicious, it is very similar to Kenzo "Ça sent beau", a mix of green and clean with a retro touch. Very good!

romrom
romrom

It's funny, almost every girl in my high school had this one. I used to love it, I wore it all freshman year of high school, it was my fav. now I can't stand it. ( funny)

maryco036
maryco036

I used to like this when I was younger. (Oddly enough, since it is a mature scent.) But now I am just reminded of being young and awkward and now the smell makes me cringe whenever I smell it on someone else. I am just reminded of a potent, feminine powder. I remember it being lovely, but now I just want to smell something else.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Very mature scent, Kinda gives off the old vibe. It's not a bad fragrance tho, just a little to ''mature'' for my taste. If you are looking for something youthful this isnt for you.

stacy11
stacy11

This is my grandmother's "signature" scent and it reminds me of her so I love it for that reason. It's like her in that it's strong, classy and sophisticated-smelling. It's not something I'd wear myself but it's nice.

suile
suile

I confess to having had this one, and all its spin offs, like Sparkling White Diamonds, and the others in the series, Emerald, Sapphire, Rubies. Mostly because of the bottles. Nevertheless, I did enjoy wearing the Diamonds fragrances, aldehydic white florals, but they are well composed, easy to wear and not dull.

Adelaide
Adelaide

This perfume is sheer class and elegance

Grasse
Grasse

One of my favourite a real diva parfum.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

Sorry to all the haters, but I do love the way this smells. Oddly enough, I never wear it myself though, but I love to smell it on others. It needs a spare hand because it is so heady though. There's a reason it's been popular for so many years, because more people love it than hate it, and it truly is a classic perfume. It is more mature though, which at 32, is why I don't quite feel mature enough to wear it all the time. But still, it is quite lovely and when lightly applied can be such a delight to get whiffs of. :)

Jomoves

There's something about this fragrance. It's kind of unpleasant but attractive at the same time. It is interesting to note that this early celebrity fragrance has a very distinct and unique scent that your nose will either love or hate. Today's celebrity fragrances all have a generic and inoffensive scents that rarely evoke strong reactions. Would a supposedly edgy celebrity like Gwen Stefani ever put her name to something as controversial as this?

Perfumedsecrets

I really dislike any review that states this is an "old lady" perfume. You're not actually reviewing the perfume or of any help, so what's your point? Those older women also wore Shalimar, Opium, Chanel No 5, and Oscar... etc etc. While I don't wear it, on certain women it smells amazing. I think those who have dry skin wear it the best because body oils interfere with perfumes and change them. If you know it's strong for you, then only spray a small amount. I've read conflicting articles that this perfume was not created by Sophia Grojsman. Carlos Benaim of IFF, is the one that comes to mind.

gatsby
gatsby

RIP Dame Elizabeth! you'll be missed

Trinity
Trinity

Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor has died in Los Angeles! She was 79......She was equally famous for her extraordinary beauty and her stormy personal life!

I am very sad - RIP

seaofghosts
seaofghosts

I had this in my early teens. Another bottle I accidentally dropped on the floor. A lot of reviewers have been saying that it's for older women but I picked this out myself when I was about 14 and a tomboy. So...I don't know what's up with that.

i like this... on others. it goes on very strong and harsh and smells that way continously on me. on a friend of mine, who swears by this perfume, it smells heavenly. light, airy, clean, yet warm. i wish i could get it to react that way on me.

StarAnGeL
StarAnGeL

This one is very strong and overwelming! My mom loves it, I guess to each there own! I love sparkling and brillant white diamonds. =o)

Adrien02
Adrien02

Chitterlings and Mr Clean. Need I say more?

The above review was written when I was going thru the worst part of a bad cold. Having tried it again I have to say it isn't all that bad. I can really smell the flowery notes now. And I do like aldehydes. I could do without the tuberose but all in all a nice floral fragrance.

I will try to refrain from writing reviews when my sense of smell is so skewed.

angelyalia
angelyalia

I got this fragrance as a gift when I was about 18 years old, from my friend. Who buys such a mature fragrance for an 18 year old girl!!!? Saying that, my friend was my age too... What was she thinking!?

I used it a few times, you know, to give it a chance and the only time i got it to smell remotely nice was when i washed it out with soap and water and mixed in my body-spray over the top... it's WAY to strong for me!

I don't dislike it however, it's not a terrible fragrance... it's just not for me. I don't think I would wear it even when I get older ^_^;

guest_Perfume Lover
guest_Perfume Lover

I worked for Saks Fifth Avenue for several years, along with a few other retail stores, in the cosmetic and fragrance department. In addition, I have smelled and tried every fragrance imaginable, in ever price range. While some say,"White Diamonds isn't for everyone", my response is, there isn't a fragrance out there that is for everyone! It is about individual preference. Like any fragrance, White Diamonds "adjusts" to your personal chemistry. How it smells on one person, isn't necessarily how it smells on the next person. I happen to think White Diamonds is classy, elegant, and fresh! I own more than one bottle, in addition to the body creams!

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Too much happening in this. Smelling it makes me angry and gives me a headache. I gave it to my grandmother, and she was thrilled to receive it. It's one of her favorites.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is definately a polarizing frag and evokes a love/hate response for me.

My first impression was love as it is a aldehydic floral chypre striking all the chords I find enchanting...tuberose and jasmine offset by soapiness and oakmoss with killer sillage.

But after wearing for awhile, it begins to grate on the senses and becomes a musty monster, dank and sour and totally undesirable. (Too much cinnamon mixed with the oakmoss seems to be the culprit, as I don't care for this combo in Apercu either.)

I'm sure this has a lot to do with less than stellar ingredients. Due to the fact that it's so cheap it is a common gift choice by loved ones who can't afford something better. Because of this, it is also a familiar smell in nursing homes, used to try and cover the pervasive scent of unwashed bodies and purple permed hair.

So, in this genre I will stick to No5 EDT and First. Even though they cost twice as much, they are worth every penny!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I'm really looking forward to reviewing this one- such opposing opinion! I sometimes find Sophia Grojsman's compositions a little hard on the nose (Yvresse, White Linen, Tresor) but the drydowns are always complex and beautiful. Anyway, believe it or not, I have NEVER smelled this! It was never hugely popular in England compared to the States so I've ordered a little mini of the Parfum for £3.99(!!) I shall let you know what I think in due course!
Well, this stuff is lovely! It's very similar to Boucheron which I also love- a very elegant and rich white floral/tropical bouquet, absolutely decadent in the best way. Golden,warm and lush like a holiday in a beautiful place - no old lady here, just real classical perfumery. A triumph at the price! Current Celebs take note...
NOTE I brought this little bottle into hospital this weekend and I can't tell you how the lovely smell uplifted me while I lay in bed feeling like rubbish after an operation! Must get a big bottle soon.....

Elysiann
Elysiann

After reading all the reviews I think I will try this on my own skin... sparingly of course.

I have a friend who loves this, but she made the mistake of putting too much on, what made it worse was that we were in the car together, not good. I felt high from the fumes even with the windows down.

Definately needs a light touch.

iMaverick
iMaverick

I tried the EdT version and honestly I couldn't believe how strong this scent is. Truly made in the time when fragrance needed to permeate every cubic ounce of airspace. When used sparingly (half to a full spray), I was astounded at the complexity of this perfume. White voluptuous florals and tender green notes weave a romantic and seductive bouquet. Everything was harmonious and the oakmoss and sandalwood at the base truly makes this perfume dazzling as the carbon rocks themselves. It smells very strong on the skin, but smells of pure brilliance in the air. Not for everyone, this is a scent done in the French perfumery style, so if you don't care for Chanel Coco, Balenciaga Rumba, Fracas, Joy or Patou 1000, you're definitely headed in the wrong direction if you want try this. I don't know how someone thinks this smells cheap, but it's coming up to its 20th anniversary and it's still around, sadly being sold at drugstores on the cheap, but deserves a profound respect in its composition. Celebrity scents should strive for this level of perfection.

Naro
Naro

I used to absolutely love this perfume on others.It smelled so sophisticated and elegant on them so I asked my friend to get me this huge bottle today without thinking twice and the first sniff from the bottle gave me such a headache.I tried spraying it and now I just can't stand it..My headache got worse.I am still wondering how I could have loved this one!! Its a lovestory gone sour.Very sad!!

kylexora
kylexora

My grandma do not use this perfume - ever. She up to date and very high taste - even a modern perfume suit her well (including mine). I know this perfume when I accidentally read it from early 90's magazine. I'm quite impressed with the writer review and I want to try it. I was 14 at that time. Then I went to a perfume shop with my aunt few week after that and I try the perfume. Well, I dont like it.
Then I bought a mini parfum bottle lately - and I regret it. I think I can accept this because I love No 5 (I hate it when I was in school). But I was wrong. This is an example how a famous perfume can't be evergreen. The smell do not cross the century, Ms taylor create it just to wear at that time. you have to return to 1990 to wear it and everybody loves it. That the only way how you could wear it. Not for me, forever. It did not meet my criteria.

junior halston

I feel this is a bad blend on Givenchy's Ysatis. Back in the early 90's Ysatis was still popular and so were the head strong floriental's.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

When White Diamonds first came out I really liked the floral scent of it. The problem is that it intensifies and you have to be careful not to overapply. It became so popular and some of the ladies at work were using too much of it. It got to be an office pet peeve, too much White Diamonds !

The interesting thing is that my father just loves it. He wanted to know what it was that smelled so good to him. He commented that Liz Taylor was a very sexy woman back in the day and he could see why she would have good smelling perfume. Now I only wear White Diamonds if I'm going someplace with Dad like out to dinner on my birthday.
He calls it "that Liz Taylor perfume".
I see another gentleman said he liked White Diamonds on ladies in the reviews.

All I can say is don't wear too much of it if White Diamonds is your thing !

kbrown7070
kbrown7070

I have to admit, at first sniff a few years ago, I didn't like this at all. But then I actually tried it on and let it warm to my skin, and it actually evolves into a fresh aldehydey floral with some spices chypre thrown in to give it depth. It's very very strong, however; I bought a tiny bottle of the parfum and just apply basically one drop between my wrists. Used with a light touch, it's refreshing, sophisticated and frankly quite beautiful. Applied with a heavier hand, however, and it's lethal. :)

guest_azb
guest_azb

i love it. very sexy. it screams sexuality. im a man and i can quickly identify the aroma. i think it is not for all women; not for young women but for women 25, 26 and above. i always look around to check who is wearing it. perfect for women with a clear air of maturity.

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

I love and admire the most fragrances created by Sophia Grojsman. She is my favourite perfumer. Her fragrances are pure femininity and masterpieces.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is my mother's signature scent & it really does smell great on her but like RkrChk says she really does soak herself in the stuff. And boy is it strong! I wouldn't touch the stuff myself with a 10-foot pole.

I don't get 'old person' from this scent but it really is entrenched in my nose as being that of a 31 year old woman when my mum started wearing it.

PS - if you are a smoker & think that White Diamonds blends beautifully with the nicotine in your pores, please disabuse yourself of this notion immediately. It is truly a vomitous combination.

RkrChk
RkrChk

This fragrance makes me sick--literally--and for some reason, the folks that choose to wear it, BATHE in it! The aldehydes and white flowers make for a lethal combination depending on the 'nose' of the beholder...It is sweet, cloying, and headache-inducing. If you so choose to wear this, a little dab'll do ya!

milena
milena

To be honest I never thought I'd like this perfume, just the other day I bought a gift set of white diamonds perfume together with lotion, soaps and shower gel at a very reasonable price .Wow wow wow it is a very sophisticated fragrance, on my skin it smells divine.Yes it is strong at first spray but later it moulds into a very warm elegant dynamic scent.The dry down wonderful a little musky, pure luxury.A keeper.

MrLenny
MrLenny

I'm a " Gentleman " A Man, and " I " LOVE this fragrance ! I wear this in both the EDT & EDP & Parfum plus the complete Bath & Body Collection. It
" DOESN"T " smell like a Ladies Fragrance, no, no it's just a Claccic Chypre` on a Guy with Perfect chemistry.. I love Fragrance, and to me, " Fragrance's " HAVE NO GENDER!!
Wear what you love, and make sure it loves YOU back !

guest_Jammin
guest_Jammin

Well I'm online right now shopping for Mother's day for my wife and I came across this site, and trust me ladies i'm a guy in his 20's and I love this scent on my wife it in no way reminds me of an old lady.

It took me some time to get the message, but finally I got it: "It is a masterpiece'.
For the hard core chypre fans, not for the modern women (like NathalieZ: not for you my dear!! :-)).

LuvsWhtDiamonds
LuvsWhtDiamonds

Well you can tell by my name how much I love this perfume. I've worn it for almost 10 years and I'll be 40 on my next birthday. I never realized that it was considered an "old lady" scent. I've received many compliments over the years and when I tell people what I'm wearing some of them are surprised. I get more compliments from men when I wear this, they really seem to like it. I will always wear this fragrance and always keep a bottle in my collection.....

guest_Danielle
guest_Danielle

Another classic! I have this but in the small bottle with a bow however I have her one of sparkling white diamamonda and I lvoe the way it smells perfect for a romantic night with a special other

Zaleska
Zaleska

Strong and bold is the woman who wears it.
Wonderful - in small doses.
Bewitching.
For special nights.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Opulent! Classic! Sweet Powdery! full-body!

If you like Aldehydes you will going to have an affair with White Diamons. Is a mildly heavy fragance but not so overwhelming, i think Anais Anais or Calandre are heavier than this.

White Diamonds power lasting is great and you should allways apply just a little of this beauty scent in your skyn.

Let's Face It, There must be a reason why this is the best selling celebrity fragance of all time.

nyoka

First of all I lovealdehydes and chypre florals,always have,so,i like it as a every day scent.I think the old lady thing stems from the time frame when it came out.Most women that wore it when it came out are now old.It smells differently on everyone,(as do all fragrances)its certainly not my favorite,(im one of those old 58 year olds)laugh,so my opinion may not count.I say try it.it doesnt cost a fortune,You may like it,and you can always give some old lady like me a thrill of a gift.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I'm going to start this review out by saying I love Elizabeth Taylors' fragrances... all of them. She is what got me started in my love for perfumes. Anytime I get repulsed at the thought that I have too many fragrances (or repulsed/sickened at the general thought of fragrances AT ALL), I think of any one of hers, and no matter what, I will feel love for fragrances all over again. That's just how it is for me. And I don't think that White Diamonds is only for 'old ladies'... HOGWASH!!! I got into her scents when I was, like 21! But I'm heavy into major glamour, it's just how I am & have always been, and I KNOW I can pull it all off. It's a very elegant, classy, sophisticated, powdery scent.

I agree with MissK that it's totally along the lines of Chanel No 5, Anais Anais, and Agent Provocateur as well, because of the aldehydes and powder in them. But for myself, it's (quite obviously) more special than that. This is what I always come back to, to remind myself of my love for scents. It reminds me of Christmas time as well.

To others who adore it: You go for the gold with this beautiful, classy, elegant scent. To all others: Frankly my dear(s), I don't give a damn!

:-)

OceanLovePotion
OceanLovePotion

I like it more than I did earlier to day when i first got it. Oddly, I appreciate it more. Funny how that is. I can smell most, if not all of the notes. I would wear this around the house, or even to school. I do agree this isn't a teen fragrance, but I still think it is wearable...

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

This fragrance is definately for an older wearer. I have had times when I have liked wearing it and then gone off it. It has a very complicated formula which is hard to pin down but it has staying power going for it. I guess not such a good thing if you don't like it.
Men seem to be very drawn to it for some reason. They do say that men don't have as good a sense of smell as women which again would highlight how strong this fragrance is but then again maybe coming from a woman who has been married too many times to count she has found just the right mix of ingredients to make men stand up and pay attention and she's bottled it. (laugh)

zbarroness
zbarroness

How on earth this stays as a best seller is beyond me. This is just a headache in a bottle.
Elizabeth looks good wearing diamonds but not even she could smell good in this.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

After hours of surfing on perfume selling sites, i realized that White Diamonds were always on the best sellers in US.. I thought, i just have to smell it. In Europe its not that usual,, I sprayed on myself and on my daughter, on me started developing rapidly, ending into a warm but fresh, elegant smell, even my husband noticed it(!), on my poor daughter,,,I am afraid that started and ended(with a help of a lloooong shower) as a stupid sweet smell of a perfume my auntie-bless her soul- was wearing on '' good days'', church and official visits home!!!

mochashel96@gmail
mochashel96@gmail

too strong it gives me a headache. my friends favorite scent so i can't avoid it.i love aldehydes but not this one

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very crisp and green smelling scent. It is not one of my favorites in the least. ATOMIC BOMB STRENGTH!!!

guest_june bug
guest_june bug

Don't be afraid to admit that you like this fragrance. I was in denial about this at first but only because of the intensity of the sharp aldehydes, but I gradually took a liking to it.

I think White Diamonds was produced in the wrong era since this seems more approapriate for the 1920's - 1950's.
I can never love this since there's an underlying 'granny' factor in this.
This lasts pretty long, so apply liberally.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

I can't beleive other reviews saying that this scent is really bad. How different the personal perception of a fragrance is!.. To me, this is a sparkling perfume, very elegantly made, a real dame fragrance, with the note of narcissus distinct, all accords very nice elaborated, a scent mostly for a special occasion when we put on the best of our wardrobe. 21/10/09

moonruby
moonruby

This is not exactly a bad scent. Sophisticated in an old fashioned sense, this is nice enough to be worn to someones wedding or to the old folks home.
Lasting power stays on for a very, very long time.

Malegria
Malegria

I agree with Falovalo - it is not unique.
And it did not catch my attention, though I was sampling it several times before - though always in the store and never on the skin (I was too afraid, lol).
My friend gave me a bottle and let me tell you something...I changed my mind after a while. Use it very, very sparingly, with certain clothes ( I realize that we put an evening gown on may be only a couple of times a year, if that - but still...) - and you may find your genie in the bottle.
It is from the same army as Chanel 19, Cabochard, Estee - powerful,green,smashing, makes you want to straighten your back and blend in with the quality.
Not for jeans, not for flip flops, not for summer, not for the cheap bling. For a romantic dinner at a fancy place.For the Halloween adult party. No sprays. 1,5 dabs. And guts.
And you`re a Goddess!

falovalo
falovalo

You know, this really isn't bad, it's just a bit common (used by many, I mean) and it seems as though that those who like it wear a TON of it. It's really a pretty floral fragrance, but I think you have to have that air of maturity to pull it off.

guest_aa
guest_aa

I like this perfume it smells nice so i got the giftset. When i were this perfume it is very strong.

guest_dowhatudoifitfeelsgoodtou
guest_dowhatudoifitfeelsgoodtou

I'm a guy and I wear this. I like it very much and it smells good on me. I don't care if it's a toestepper. I'm gonna rock it...

sweetcookie

Bravo, Cinsot, for an inspired review! I am glad I amused you- I didn't intend to offend any White Diamonds lovers, and I am sincerely sorry if I did. I was just being truthful as far as my nose knows- and I still don't like this scent.
I agree with your point that the body chemistry counts for a lot. However, I ahso think perfume choices are often borne out of generational preferences.
By the way, I love Cinnabar, Shalimar, Coco- which have been designated, at one time or another, as old lady by reviewers. I say- wear what you like and what likes you!

sweetcookie

Of Elizabeth Taylor's scents, I like Black Pearls best for myself, and Gardenia because it reminds me of my favorite aunt who wears it, but White Diamonds is really bad-really, really bad. Elizabeth tends to do strong perfumes- and Diamonds is just that, strong. Plus, it has mega-aldehydes, neroli and tuberose- all of which I dislike. Never understood its popularity, unless it's because the alsehydes harken back to No.5. The only crowd I can see ehjoying White Diamonds is the over-70 set.

imgcas
imgcas

It isn't one of my favourite scents but it was a present and I wear it sometimes. I can see why many people calls it an "old lady" scent. It is too strong in aldehides (like White Linen) but, fortunately, in my skin it softens a lot and cinnamon is quite noticeable since the first minute.
Sillage is impressive and staying power is excellent.

bayviewlib
bayviewlib

This was really popular when it came out in the 90's. It smells like a oriental type but with less spice. I wore it a while but can't say it was a favorite.

At first I thought aldehydes = I won't like this fragrance, but I managed to convince myself to try this. I sprayed a small amount onto my wrist and I was quite surprised. Sure, it was powdery but there was something about it that was slightly appealing. However, a few minutes later the perfume became stronger and the aldehydes started to make me feel nauseous. When I tried to scrub this off my wrist, the task seemed almost impossible because the sillage was so strong.

I can only say that for fans of Chanel No.5, Anais Anais or soft, powdery scent lovers, this may be for you. For haters of aldehydes, stay far away from this one.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

This was the first perfume I really liked as an adult. I first smelled it in a magazine in the mid 90's, and was smitten. It smells powerful and dynamic, with the tuberose and ylang-ylang giving it a warm, white note that lasts. I know may people have said it smells "old lady-ish" to them, but it doesn't read that way to me. This is a sophisticated scent, that in moderation, could work as a day or evening fragrance.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

My late grandmother gave me this in middle school and I wore it passionately...I thought the sweet, musky dry-drown was the best smell in the world. Then I realized I felt that way because SHE wore it too. I might revisit this when I've reached at least the age of 40.

lolita82
lolita82

my granny loves these type of scents...she's also in love with estee lauder pure linene, max factor blase and chanel no 5 all v floral, strong and powdery!

sjanira
sjanira

I agree it's quite strong but on some people it works. This along with opium and oscar de la renta 'oscar' are my mothers favorites. She can get away with them but I never could.

BelleBeryl
BelleBeryl

I do love this one heady fragrance
scents stays constant not for the faint

VIA
VIA

I read somewhere that if you have asthma,this can be one of the worst perfumes you can use. I guess maybe because it's so strong at first. I first smelled it years ago, it was given to me as a gift. Geeeez, it was sooo strong. I tried it again the other day and if you let it dry down a bit, it can actually be quite warm and inviting. I think a little goes a long way with this baby, so use sparingly. But yes, at first spray,especially if you use on test strip,it is very OLD LADYish, but try it on, just a bit, and wait a few hours,the the notes develop and it can be quite nice.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

While I don't like this one on me (on me it's headache-inducing!). This is my mother's signature fragrance and it smells beautiful on her. If it works with your chemistry it smells very rich, sophisticated and elegant. Sadly, it doesn't work with my chemisty, but I wish it did!

White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor 2.83 out of 5 based on 1143 ratings and 294 user reviews

WHITE DIAMONDS SPARKLING for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS SPARKLING for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
White Diamonds Brilliant Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
WHITE DIAMONDS BRILLIANT for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS BRILLIANT for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS SPARKLING for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS SPARKLING for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Eau De Toilette 1oz
White Diamonds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
WHITE DIAMONDS BRILLIANT for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 1.7 OZ BODY WASH 1.7 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS BRILLIANT for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 1.7 OZ WHITE DIAMONDS PARFUM .12 OZ MINI
WHITE DIAMONDS SPARKLING for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 1.7 OZ BODY WASH 1.7 OZ
Gift Set 1oz
White Diamonds Gift Set by Elizabeth Taylor Gift Set for Women Includes 1 oz Eau DeToilette Spray 3.3 oz Body Lotion
WHITE DIAMONDS SPARKLING for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 1.7 OZ WHITE DIAMONDS PARFUM .12 OZ MINI
White Diamonds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Gift Set 1oz
White Diamonds Gift Set by Elizabeth Taylor Gift Set for Women Includes 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray .12 oz Mini Parfum 1.7 oz Body Lotion 1.7 oz Body Wash Gel
White Diamonds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ TESTER
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Coffret
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Coffret
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
White Diamonds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ
WHITE DIAMONDS for WOMEN by Elizabeth Taylor SET-EDT SPRAY 3.3 OZ BODY LOTION 3.3 OZ BODY WASH 3.3 OZ EDT SPRAY .33 OZ MINI
Gift Set 3.4oz
White Diamonds Gift Set by Elizabeth Taylor Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz Body Wash 1.7 oz Body Lotion .33 oz Mini EDT Spray
Beauty Encounter
macys.com
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Eau de Toilette Spray Naturel, 1.7 oz.
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Eau de Toilette Spray Naturel, 1.7 oz.
Gift Set 1.7oz
Beauty Encounter
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Eau de Toilette Spray Naturel, 3.3 oz
White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor Eau de Toilette Spray Naturel, 3.3 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.