Designers » D E » Floral « Groups

Peony Rose Ellen Tracy for women

Peony Rose Ellen Tracy for women
dislike

Peony Rose is a delicate floral fragrance made of rose, peony and gardenia. Available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Peony Rose was launched during the 2000's.

Gardenia Peony

Peony Rose Fragrance Reviews

mariyka
mariyka

Hmmmmm......the description reads: "a delicate floral fragrance made of rose, peony and gardenia." However, rose is not listed as a fragrance note?!? Since I absolutely LOVE the scent of rose, I shall try to hunt this fragrance down just for that reason, and see for myself ;)

chix
chix

I did not detect strong rose, peony, or gardenia dominantly... they are definately there, just blended into a refined soapy scent to me... quite nice & inoffensive (lightly sprayed), but not at all like the Clean line. This is an elegant scent that lasts & lasts with decent sillage. Not at all what I expected & definately worth a try.

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

I bought this as a blind buy and find it quite nice! (only $15.00) I absolutely love rose and peony scents, so I had little doubt buying this untested.

It is not quite what I thought it would be, but I am not disappointed. It is definitely a floral scent, but there is something sparkling underneath that is just a bit on the sharp side; almost like pepper for lack of a better description. There is no hint of vanilla or musk to my nose, which I am so pleased about. The gardenia in the perfume is not heavy whatsoever.

I have 2 rose-scented lotions at home and they will layer beautifully with this Ellen Tracy perfume. They are Damask Rose by Crabtree & Evelyn and something called Sheer Rose by Avon. They will be a perfect combination. I am so pleased!

vector
vector

I got this as a blind buy at TJ Maxx--$9.99 for a 1.7 EDP. Upon first spray, I thought oh yuck, an old lady perfume, but something kept drawing me in. It reminds me of fancy soap. I don't smell any gardenia and it is a very heavy floral scent. I would not call this delicate as described, and it is potent. One spray is more than enough, and I do think this is a scent that would bother some people, could be headache inducing. I do like it, but will use sparingly

EDIT--I have been spraying this in the air and walking into it, rather than spraying directly on my skin. It gives a softer clean scent, rather than being heavy if sprayed directly on the skin. Even so, 1 spray is plenty!! This perfume lasts and lasts. I still think it's a little heavy and should not be worn in small spaces. It's starting to grow on me more and more. Excellent cheap/blind buy

chiccroc
chiccroc

This delightful perfume changes according to the season, well, at least on my skin. During the cold season the rose become prominent and too sharp for my liking, almost like drinking a rose-flavored soda, bubbly and ticklish on my nose. On the hot and humid summer, like now, the gardenia emerge beautifully, giving this fragrance a smooth and creamy background.
PR stays close to the skin, in cold or hot, for about 5 hours. Having said that, for me this is a great summer perfume.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

This is a very nice fragrance -bright ,sparkling,fresh peonies and roses-on my mother's skin(I had her test this when I opened my newly purchased bottle) .On mine it's sort a of mushy sweet floral-kind of niceish but not sparkly and zingy.
I tested later (I was already wearing a powerful fragrance when I bought it)-Hmmph !mushy?-Oh well retest later.
Tested today to prove to Mom how it smelled on me (so she would accept the bottle)-She noticed how different it smells on my skin(mushy again) versus hers(bright and sparkley florals!).She acceped the bottle-and said it would smell better on me when I got older-something to grow into perhaps!

dmaw
dmaw

Nice and soft. Rivals my other favorite rose scent no longer available from Avon...Peony Soft Musk.

weegee
weegee

I'm pleased to be the first to sing the praises of this subtle floral wonder.

Peony Rose came to me on a cool spring day and was perfect then but I find I'm also reaching for it now that temps have gone into the high 90'sF and the humidity makes the air heavy and close.

The simplicity of peonies, roses and gardenias might lead people to think there's little substance here but they'd be wrong to think so. PR is seamlessly blended to the point where I can't pick out the gardenia (which I don't ordinarily care for) apart from the "bones" it creates for the peonies and roses to climb on.

Peonies and roses, roses and peonies... subtle sweetness, sillage like a morning breeze in an early summer garden. Lasts only about 4 hours on my skin but I don't mind reapplying. Fairly linear - the opening symphony of the first sprays changes little so what you sniff first is what you'll smell last.

Inoffensive and therefore perfect for work or where you'll be close to others who might object to stronger fragrances. A keeper!

Peony Rose by Ellen Tracy 3.83 out of 5 based on 27 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ellen Tracy Peony Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ellen Tracy Peony Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peony Rose by Ellen Tracy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peony Rose by Ellen Tracy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.