Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Pretty Petals Ellen Tracy for women

Pretty Petals Ellen Tracy for women
dislike

Pretty Petals Ellen Tracy for women Pictures

Pretty Petals by Ellen Tracy is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. The fragrance features white peach, moroccan rose, blackberry, vanilla, jasmine, amber and musk.

White Peach Moroccan Rose Blackberry Vanilla Jasmine Amber Musk

Miss Dior Cherie
Badgley Mischka

Pretty Petals Fragrance Reviews

Renata tang
Renata tang

Give me a big headache,,, return it tomorrow.....

Rie60
Rie60

On me it smells like rancid clover honey- maybe it will morph into something nicer as the day goes on but for now- not so much

SillySue
SillySue

This to me smells pretty similar to the original Miss Dior Cherie. Unfortunately I was never a fan of the Miss Dior Cherie, so it goes to say that Pretty Petals is also a miss for me. For those that do like Miss Dior, I would however definitely recommend Pretty Petals. It's worth the try.

teadrinker
teadrinker

Sometimes cheap perfume smells amazing. Sometimes cheap perfume smells, well, cheap. I got a huge bottle of this for $8, and it smells like I paid $8. The scent is heavy and plasticky. It is a very intense fragrance. I had to wash it off, and even after extensive soap and water action I could still smell it. This is a scent that gives me a headache. I'm not sure why the scent is called "Pretty Petals," as I don't smell florals at all. Instead, this is an intense fruit fragrance that smells a bit rotten. I like almost all fruity fragrances, but this was too much for me. It's a shame, because the bottle is really cute, a much higher quality bottle than I expect for a bargain perfume.

suzycurlyq
suzycurlyq

I too bought a bottle at Tj Maxx and tried it after I purchased it. Well... I think it is what I would imagine a cask of fruit that is going through the fermenting process smells like. Not Pretty at all! No petals either! Stinky, musty, sour. This is going back to the store soon!

Eau de Noob
Eau de Noob

I got a bottle of this for $6 at TJ Maxx the other day. I wasn't expecting much based on the low price and the immature-looking packaging, but this perfume surprised me. It starts off smelling like pineapple, then it dries down to a clean, soapy floral. Pretty strong too! It's a little sweeter and fruitier than my usual, but I like it for summer.

aspirina
aspirina

I'm wearing this humble creature tonight...i smell tons of patchouli...but it is not unpleasant..it's not dirty. I don't get the flowers..just amber..musk and some sort of stewed fruit..like strawberry marmalade. Similar to MDC but not the same. Nice..very nice for such little money.
Hey..it's being sold on amazong for 100 $ and up! and still a lot of cheap prices ..but ..more than 3 vendors have it for a very high price! what is going on? i guess is discontinued..and some folks would pay that much just for the resemblance to old good MDC?

craftyminx
craftyminx

This was too sweet and too soapy for me. Even my cats wouldn't come near me. Even for the price, it was bad. If I'd seen the comparisons to Miss Dior Cherie, I'd have known to stay away from it, because MDC always went really weird on me, too.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

This is a fun one! I, too, am one of the many who purchased this fragrance at Marshall's for a remarkable $8. Aside from the fact that the bottle looks like Barbie threw up on it, I also find this similar to Miss Dior Cherie. (I was also impressed by the pleasing weight of the bottle.) I think it is far more similar to the patchouli-and-strawberry reformulation than to the pre-2005 buttered popcorn formula, for one obvious reason... This fragrance has no popcorn note. For the vast majority of the time I wore this fragrance today, I smelled mainly tart raspberry. As I get farther into the dry-down, that same smell starts to take on a hairspray quality. I'm not mad about it though! For now, I enjoy the simplicity of this fragrance, and I think it will be great for the spring and summer.

nitschevo
nitschevo

I 100% agree with previous reviews - it really is a dupe for the 2005 Miss Dior Cherie version and a very good one if I might add. I am wearing it today and received a lot of compliments by colleagues already. Which is nice because of 2 things:

1. Pretty Petals smells pretty - Check.
2. The scent fills the room (apparently) but does so without being too much! Sillage - Check.

Try it out if you see it or better - buy it! Asap! The bottle is really pretty too and has a good sprayer. Longevity - sprayed it on this morning at 9am and still smell it :) Winner!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Impressed with this one. Totally, a dupe for Miss Dior Cherie. Worth every penny, paid 7.99 at Marshalls for a 2.5 bottle. I though this would be a watered down low silage because of the price, but not so. Silage is quite strong with one spray and will have to evaluate the longevity but so far no complaints.

YogaRose
YogaRose

Not sure what year this came out, but its definitely Miss Dior Cherie 2005 reincarnated with different notes. Love, love, love...and thank you guys for the reviews, as it was a blind buy.

andabri
andabri

I bought this last december due to raves on another board about what an amazing find it was. It starts out as a synthetic ultra sweet fruity floral. Then dried down into something really not pleasant. Really spicy, musky scent underneath a synthetic fruity scent. Smelled reminscent of all natural bug spray. Thought maybe it was stale juice in the atomizer so i sprayed out quite a bit, nope. I thought I was crazy and it must be that im not fond of spicy notes, since I saw so many raves for what a hidden gem it was so I requested to try it on several other people. They all disliked it as well. Tried to give it away no one would take it. I had to trash it. Perhaps I got a bad bottle since who knows how old marshalls inventory is but it was really unpleasant.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

Hello! Just had to let you know that I found the large bottle of Pretty Petals today at T.J. Max and Marshalls for $7.99. Have a lovely day!

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

This was a completely blind buy because I couldn't resist the $4 price tag at Big Lots (and it was the last one). I am so glad I got this on a whim because it smells heavenly. The packaging is very girlish and young looking but it's a lovely scent that can be worn by all ages.

pmisslette
pmisslette

Next to Tom Ford fragrances, this is by far my next favorite fragrance. I have always been a fan of everything Ellen Tracy (with the exception of Bronze). Pretty Petals is a very classy, mature and serious fragrance which reminds me a little bit of Maja but more current and updated. I never liked Maja except on my mom. Pretty Petals has an edge of it's own. I love it, love it, love it. Trying to find another bottle. Bought the first one at Marshall's right after Christmas. Haven't seen it at Ross yet, but will check TJ Maxx.

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

Don't sleep on this fragrance. The packaging is very deceitful. It is not your daughter's perfume. While at TJMaxx I found a bottle for $6. I sprayed it on my arm and thought it was a typical scent. Like always as time progressed it turned into a beautiful fragrance. I went back to get a bottle. I love it.

Soie
Soie

I can agree with the comparisons between this and Miss Dior Cherie. However, I find Pretty Petals to be brighter, sweeter, fruitier, and it also lacks a note of popcorn -- the one thing that turns me of from Miss Dior Cherie.

I agree that it indeed does dry down to a soapy floral, something which I also happen to love about it.

denncita
denncita

Well, what can I say? I bought this perfume based on the reviews! Being a fan of the original miss dior cherie 2005 and noticing my bottle almost empty, I wondered if this would be a good replacement for it. It definitely smells very similar to MDC, but not exactly. MDC is more powdery while PP is more crisp and flowery like somebody below me commented. Also, MDC has that popcorn note that distinguishes it from any other. I like Pretty Petals, it's an inoffensive fragrance, suitable for daytime and for the office. Pretty good projection and average longevity.

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

Bought this a couple of months ago as a blind buy. Too sweet for me. I can see someone in their teens or early twenties liking this, but I prefer oriental florals mostly and this is sweet fruit. Not for me.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

My what a hidden gem..

The bottle played a mind trick on me.. I've had this for a while and thought I didnt like after first trying.. Thought I detected a green note (which I hate!) Then after getting and falling in love with Miss Doir Cherie, I saw the comparisons to this one.. Dragged this out of storage and Surprise..

Must of been the green tinged yellow box that had me imagining the green note cause I sure dont find it now.. The only other Ellen Tracy that I like is Imagine so maybe I started off expecting the worst also..

Sillage stayed pretty close to the skin, but lasted over 6 hrs on me..

sherryberry
sherryberry

Oh boy!! Do I ever love Pretty Petals!! So glad I read the reviews for this one. As for everybody saying that it smells like Miss Dior Cherie, that is absolutely correct. This one is right on the money. It smells exactly like the original Miss Dior Cherie from 2005. I can't believe I've found the perfect dupe!! I'm doing a happy dance right now. LOL. It doesn't seem possible that this wonderful perfume was only $7.99. Better run out to your local TJ Maxx or Marshall's and pick this baby up. I'm so glad that I did.

shoshana25
shoshana25

I picked up this at TJ Maxx yesterday without smelling it. After testing it I realized that it's an exact dupe for Dior-Ms Dior Cherie. I owned Ms Dior Cherie years ago and didn't really like it. It wasn't my thing back then. I'm a little more open to different genres of fragrances now so I can appreciate this one. I think the name and design of Pretty Petals is a bit misleading. I thought I was buying a pretty floral, based upon name and packaging. After the initial shock I have come to realize that it's quite nice and worth picking up if you're into EXTREMELY sweet fragrances. This smells like fruit cocktail in heavy, gooey syrup, it's something that should be sprayed very lightly because it can be strong and SWEEETT!! LOL!. I appreciate this in my huge collection, especially when I'm in the mood for mouth watering sweetness. You will regret over-spraying this one. Control the urge to do so, and you will enjoy little wafts of delicate sweetness on your skin.

EDIT: Hours later and the sweetness is GREATLY subdued, and has left behind a floral, soapy smelling musk. Not bad at all, I like this one a lot actually.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I purchased this as a blind buy at TJMaxx. A 2.5oz bottle for $7.99. It does smell sweet and fruity but not overpowering. Ive never smelled the Miss Dior Cherie but I really like this on. Definitely does not smell cheap and the bottle is adorable. A keeper.

camiyoko
camiyoko

So I have tried a few of the Ellen Tracy scents and they just arent for me. IMO this and Bronze are the cream of the crop which isn't sayin much. For the right person this may be great (in fact I gave it to a co worker who loves it) but not me. Its not a bad scent per se its just very strong and generic. One note...?! It is a nice simple mix of fruit and flowers. However on me it was an overwhelmingly annoying combo of sweet berries with a touch of musky flowers. Actually it was like nice bar of soap or a room spray. I'm not really into straight up sweet smells without depth. I'd just rather smell this on someone else.

It is pleasant while not that unique. There are few other fragrances I have smelled that remind me of Pretty Petals. Not that they are dupes just very similar.

Overall, its a fresh, girly, youthful (yet not childish since its so strong) scent that would work for the summer. $10 @Marsahll/TJ Maxx if you're interested.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Purchased it for ten dollars, tried it for awhile, ended up donating it to charity. I found it to be a very sweet, fruity perfume, not much development, not much projection or silage. Has a vague similarity, not to MDC (surely you jest!) but to the undertones of classic BBW or celeb: syrupy fruit+generic vanilla.

I don't expect my review to be popular, but please don't vote it out of existence, as some folks might want a heads up from someone who did NOT like the fragrance. It has a kind of pleasant industrial odorant vibe to it, like air wafting through a department store. I do not get amber, and very little florals, mostly a kind of floral bouquet blast that briefly wrestles the fruit cocktail but loses. I have and like other Ellen Tracy perfumes.

am78
am78

I read all the reviews of Ellen Tracy's Pretty Petals and I had to try it. The description of this perfume is right in it's name... PRETTY! The amber makes it a warm beautiful floral scent that really makes you feel girly and ... Pretty... After first applying the fume I walked by my Husband and he stopped me in my tracks and asked me what I was wearing.. I took him to my perfumes and handed him the gorgeous floral painted bottle and he sniffed it again and asked me what that costed cause it smells to amazing to be a cheapy ... when I told him I only gave $10 for it he just couldn't believe it.. this really is an amazing fragrance for the price.. I'll be keeping this in my wardrobe

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

So far, Pretty Petals is my fifth blind buy of an Ellen Tracy perfume without disappointment. An alluring and sensual fragrance, Pretty Petals doesn't hold many notes, but the few it does blend well to create a warm lemony feel that lasts for a few hours.
I almost get a tea-like sense of bergamot, but it's not in the notes. This is an office-friendly perfume, a daytime scent, one that couldn't possible offend a soul.
Ellen Tracy makes fragrances I find at my local TJMaxx/Marshalls at under 10USD, which is quite the bargain for a scent that I really enjoy.
Moroccan Rose, responsible for its citrus opening and powdery quality; Amber giving it warmth; Jasmine lending an animalic narcotic feel; and Musk deepening this fragrance just enough to give it oomph without darkness. Soon after lightly sweetened florals barely there bounce to the surface intermittently occasionally.
I compare Ellen Tracy perfumes to any department store fragrances with their quality. The bottle of the EdP is embossed with colorful flowers and the name instead of a sticker label. It's a heavy, chunky, rectangular piece, easy to hold and pretty to display.
A good year-round scent for all ages. Lasts for quite a few hours with good sillage. A definite good buy for a few bucks.

jjtimmy
jjtimmy

Couldn't resist buying it, as it was only $9.99 at TJMaxx. On my skin, it smells EXACTLY like Miss Dior Cherie. I'm so excited to have found this- I've been missing MDC soooo much since it being discontinued!

Chiropeg
Chiropeg

strong fruit, very little floral. Makes me wonder at the name. It is very sweet, almost overwhelming. So cheap, though - I got it for $9.99 at Ross. And the bottle looks great on my dresser, so I'm not too disappointed.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Yep Miss Dior Cherie for sure! I purchased this as a blind buy and the packaging threw me. I knew I smelled this scent but eye/ole factory connection can be easily mixed up. The eyes can trick the nose. Anyhow I realized that it was Miss Dior Cherie I was smelling and a pretty good dupe at that. Glad I purchased it.

PinkHufflePuff
PinkHufflePuff

I can't believe I hunted for this cheapie fragrance for weeks, more than I ever have in a long time for a scent.

When I tested it it kept reminding me of some other scent, and I couldn't put my finger on it. It wasn't one I had, but I KNEW it.

Finally I found a 2008 version of Miss Dior Cherie and bam, that was it. Petals reminds me of Cherie. I have both now and am keeping both.

Petals is fruity like others have said, the dry down isn't super sweet on me but just nice when I am in a girlie kinda mood, it's uplifting. Not serious but I really feel anyone can wear it. I don't smell any synthetics with this one but for 8.00 for a 2.5 oz it's really a surprise buy and it lasts a long time on me. Lovely rec from fragrance boards and one I am really happy I found.

pipergirl
pipergirl

On the initial spray, I get a blast of juicy, candy-like fruit, very much like syrupy pineapple packed with maraschino cherries, combined with rose. It then dries down to a soft, sweet, feminine fruity floral - pretty. And it lasts!

I'm so glad to see this fragrance listed on fragrantica. Thank you for doing that detective work TibbieMom!

laurakaye
laurakaye

Because I really love all of my previous Ellen Tracy purchases (Bronze, ET, Tracy, Ellen), I had no problem blind-buying this one. I agree with the pineapple note - the initial blast is like a glass of syrupy pineapple juice - but based on its name, I was expecting something fresh and light, like flower petals blowing in a summer breeze. I don't dislike it and I will use it up, but won't repurchase. Just too much of a fruit component for me.

lisaivette
lisaivette

This perfume is an absolute compliment magnet. I so thought that pineapple would be listed as a note, because that is what stands out the most.A syrupy, juicy,pineapple.I suppose it is the peach and berry fooling my nose. I read that it is a dupe of Miss Dior Cherie. Having never smelled Miss Dior Cherie personally, I didn't have any preconceived notions about this affordable little beauty. I don't smell any rose,maybe a slight bit of musk and vanilla at the end. This isn't really a Floral Fruity, just a Fruity.If super sweet is not your thing, steer clear. It is not terribly long lasting, but projects very well. For 7.99 for a huge bottle, I do not mind reapplying. It's a winner.

TibbieMom
TibbieMom

After much super-sleuthing, I managed to contact a marketing director for Ellen Tracy. The full description she sent me:

"Ellen Tracy Pretty Petals is a new fragrance that debuted in 2012 in TJ Maxx, Marshalls and several fragrance websites like FragranceNet, etc. It is a high quality fragrance at a very affordable price – it has not been discontinued.

Pretty Petals is a lively, fruity-floral bouquet with a subtle sensuality and fruity freshness. It is punctuated with very appealing, mouthwatering notes like white peach water, Moroccan rose and succulent blackberry. Vanilla absolute, Night Blooming Jasmine and rich amber envelops the scent creating a delightful and sparkling fragrance."

Pretty Petals by Ellen Tracy 3.42 out of 5 based on 102 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ellen Tracy Pretty Petals fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ellen Tracy Pretty Petals, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pretty Petals by Ellen Tracy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pretty Petals by Ellen Tracy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.