Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Apparition Emanuel Ungaro for women

Apparition Emanuel Ungaro for women
dislike

Apparition Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures

Seductive Apparition is a very feminine floral-fruity fragrance enriched with sweet aroma of raspberry liqueur. The bottle lines are reminiscent of woman's body shape, while colored square patches remind of kaleidoscope of emotions and desires. The sweet fruity notes of raspberry liqueur and hot notes of red pepper in the top are replaced with flowers – rose and passion flower, while the base unites heliotrope, Tonka, patchouli, amber and vanilla. The fragrance was created by wonderful duo of Quest: Francoise Caron and Francis Kurkdjian. Apparition was launched in 2004.

Raspberry Sweet Pepper

Love Notes

Apparition Fragrance Reviews

Adelaide Rocks
Adelaide Rocks

I wear fragrances very lightly so I may be missing nuances that a heavier application would reveal. On me, this is a warm and cozy scent, without being overtly vanilla. The raspberry is very gentle and well blended and makes me think 'yum' without making me feel like a sticky sweet fruit dessert. I don't really get a pyramid effect-after a very few minutes the berry predominates and the vanilla/tonka are present; as the raspberry diminishes slightly over time I detect the amber and a bit of powder; the raspberries hang around until the fragrance fades away completely (on me, 4-5 hours).
Apparition isn't my usual type, but I like it quite a lot, more than any other fruity fragrance I have tried (except for Feerie which I also like very much even though they don't smell a bit alike to me).

Madrona
Madrona

This was disqualified during my battle of the raspberry scents for being too similar to something I already have, Wish by Chopard. There is only room for one cozy gourmandy scent in my wardrobe and I have a 75 ml of Wish, so yeah. I do love this one though.

abbyofthevalley
abbyofthevalley

Yum! This is such a dreamy scent! The raspberry with the passion flower and tonka bean, it's so perfect! I'm not getting any patchouli. The sweetness of the vanilla and amber in this fragrance makes it borderline powdery in the dry down but the raspberry stands strong all the way through to the end. Most fruity scents are not my taste but I love this one!

hyperfluff
hyperfluff

This scent is for the sophisticated woman-child. The lady who's a girl at heart. The classy coquette. Raspberry lovers only. A joyful, flirtatious yet very elegant raspberry. If you are looking for a grown-up raspberry, but found Hot Couture edp too mature, dark and dirty, and Tresor Midnight Rose too young, generic and overpriced, then this is a good (inexpensive!) bet. It's light-hearted yet rich. The raspberry-rose-pimento combo is juicy, red, playful and jammy, but you have a clean and classy woodsy-vanillic base anchoring the fruitiness. The ever-so-optimistic passionflower makes it a bright scent rather than a dark one, though this is definitely sophisticated enough for night-time. It was my signature 5 years ago when I turned 25, and I will be revisiting this again soon. I wore it all year round, but best to save it for evening wear in warmer weather. Longevity is decent (6-7 hours), sillage moderate but very noticeable to those who come within a few feet from you. Packaging = awful, tacky...should be in a red or fuchsia colored bottle. Price = amazing, can't be beat for the quality you get, it smells more elegant and expensive than Tresor Midnight Rose eventhough I can get it for half the price.

AnnaT
AnnaT

It does smell like Wish in the first few minutes on the skin. This perfume reminds me of chocolate, from dense milk chocolate to bitter chocolate. I like it, it makes me feel warm and comfortable.

Blondine28
Blondine28

Well, nothing special. Yes, sweet, very summery..but nothing else..Reminds me of WIsh by Chopard

Hellita
Hellita

Oh my! I forgot this existed! I remember I used to sniff this when I was younger! Haha. Can't remember what it smelled like, but I guess I liked it since I kept sniffing it in the store back then. The bottle reminds me of succades in different colors!

Tovah
Tovah

I bought Apparition when it launched and I went through a whole bottle, so I know I must have liked it quite a bit! I recall getting compliments on it, too, mostly because it was, believe it or not, unusual, way back then. Now so many fragrances useraspberry-rose accords, Apparition may not be as good as my memory says it was. I LOVED the bottle. I'm sure I would have repurchased Apparition, but it seemed to disappear from Southern California rather quickly. I wore it during "cold" weather,in the winter of 2004, while bundling up in a pea coat,scarf,and boots. Apparition always reminded me of Chambord. I also recall there being a warm, sweet patchouli drydown, my favorite.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is well named in my opinion the scent comes and goes in waves and just when you think it has dissapeared it suddenly appears again.

Myself, like other reviewers before me purchased this based on the fact that this is a pepper and raspberry scent which sounded comparable to my beloved Givenchy Hot Couture. I do get the raspberry but not alot of pepper from this.

when first applied I hated this - it was a sharp mess of Raspberry cough syrup and some cheap pre-mixed fruity vodka type cocktail mixed with a bit of baby lotion, some baby powder and what smelled like the perfume of old cosmetics - think Touch and glow face powder or the scent of Colour Riche lipsticks. Eventually the tonka bean (not my most loved note) came along and gave me a bit of a headache - but now it has settled into a rosy raspberry peachy type scent reminiscent of Bob Mackie. I don't love or hate it and ocassionally I think 'ooh I smell nice' and then suddenly it's gone again. It smells slightly like turkish delight right now then suddenly its back to an annoying baby wipes type scent a few moments later. I don't see myself wearing this again it's just not for me - off to a new loving home it is! In a nutshell, if you are buying this because you love Hot Couture don't! They are very different scents!

stormyla
stormyla

The bottle is what attracted me to this scent! I love it,but many other reviewers are right,it certainly does not fit the heavy syrupy scent.

Apparition would be great if it was just a little bit less raspberry and a bit more rose. The ratio seems so distorted here. It is not until the drydown that the real beauty of this scent emerges. The dry down is exquisite and long lasting. Unfortunately it takes several hours to get there. The obstacles along the way are just not worth it.

Sillage is good. Longevity is excellent.

gsevrain
gsevrain

Excelente fragancia, muy dulce y con un muy agradable aroma a frambuesas... Extra durable + 12 hs. No es un perfume muy conocido lo que lo hace ideal para la mujer que lo quiera usar y sentirse diferente del resto. Muy recomendable para su uso en otoño, invierno y primavera durante el dia y la noche. Calificacion General 9/10.

mihaela01
mihaela01

I wanted to try this for a long time after reading the reviews here,so I got it blind..of course.It s nice but not what I expected especially in the drydown.Stil it is nice.

nazza28
nazza28

Using the pure perfume: First spray is strong and in-your-face, I love raspberry but I start to wonder if this perfume will be for me... Like someone else mentioned it smells like a syrupy raspberry compote and if I put my nose too close my nose tickles with the sharpness of it, maybe even because of the pepper note. A few minutes in I can smell something slightly powdery beginning to emerge on my skin and I can detect the patchouli lurking beneath raspberry/floral bouquet. Still haven't decided whether I like this or not, it's a strange one, will edit this with the drydown experience once I've had it on for a good hour or so...

Edit: What I can smell now after 2 hours is rose on raspberry, with a powdery patchouli base, quite nice, actually MUCH nicer than the initial blast but not quite on the mind-blowing scale for me. Still, if you like Hot Couture (which I love) this could be your cup of tea as well. It's worth a shot, it is a very feminine and sexy perfume in my opinion :)

evhely
evhely

This is innocence'scent!!It reminds me to Nivea Creme...is soo comfort parfum...like a sweet embrace!! And I dont'think that a lot of parfums smell like this!

tanithh
tanithh

Weak longetivity, very soft,, nice for summer

aqua76239
aqua76239

I bought this blindly and was regretting it. Its just not quite my cup of tea. First spray was overwhelmingly sharp and alcoholic. You really need some time for it to mellow out. I agree with reviewers who say that this is smells like rasberry liqueir with some spice. I get no floral notes from this at all, neither do I think its too sweet as some of the reviewers noted. I guess for me its just too sharp and spicy and not sweet enough.
I think its an interesting scent, just not something I enjoy wearing it. I gave my bottle away. Oh well..

solvente
solvente

I don't know why but this perfume reminds me of Sex & the City. I think Carrie might be wearing this.

Mora
Mora

yeah it is sweet and intense definitly for cold weather, i feel that its alittle bit oily on my skin i don't know why? ,the scent is lovely but the bottle is awful

dioradddict
dioradddict

my impression from this one is a cross btwn tresor top notes or fantasme and blue nivea traditional scent... it´s fruity and cute, someone refered before to baby wipes and I agree it has something in common, because it is slightly powdery... for me it lacks some heavier drydown, the top notes are cute but the drydown is quite inexpressive on my skin...but I like it, anyways.

CozyCat

The more I wear it, the more I like it. It's definitely a gourmand for grown-ups; such a vibrant, optimistic scent, but with an added crisp element of sophistication. You really must like raspberries to appreciate it. Intensely feminine with an attention-grabbing sillage. Its 'bright optimism' reminds me alot of Hypnose (surely the passion flower + vanilla combo), just add a ton of raspberry liquor, a dash of patch and a pinch of spice , and you get Apparition. Not a scent for sensitive noses or haters of sweet scents.

It makes me think of swanky cocktail parties or light-hearted soirees, where giggling pretty ladies are in colorful little satin dresses, gents are in their casual suits, and the air is thick with fun, flirtation and laughter.

I can get this scent for real cheap in my country, and very few women wear it or even know about it (thanks to the bottle I'm guessing, it tempts no one to try the juice!), so I really love it for that. I just really don't get why the bottle has to be so damn hideous, I would be embarrassed to carry it around, too clunky and awkward looking.

Update: The raspberry in this is much better than Tresor Midnight Rose, and even the base notes are much better.

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

This is sweet and spicy,very feminine,happines. I feel raspberry i spicey rose.I love i love this,longevity and sillage is ok. I recommend,bravo Ungaro.

deliten
deliten

One of my all time favorites! I just love smelling this one. It's young (not childish), fresh, sweet and very sexy at the same time. This smell is very personal and unique.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This is my slightly guilty pleasure!! I do like to complain about most fruity/florals but this one really is different. For a start the fruit is rich, ripe black raspberry which is lovely but it is almost immediately saved from sticky sweetness by the spicy notes which are just a little later mellowed by the patchouli and amber. The lasting power is amazing! I would say it's like an exotic raspberry liqueur cocktail. It opens with a sweet flirty rush and then gets all sexy and sophisticated. Gorgeous - a great date fragrance!!!

CozyCat

Raspberry liquor drenched passionflowers on plush velvet petals of pink roses. It's sweet, bright and intense, playful yet mature, lady-like yet provocative, pretty yet bold. If you love raspberry notes and sweet scents, this is a must-try, it is quite distinctive. I find it versatile enough for most seasons and occasions, and for females of all ages. You just have to love raspberries to love Apparition. Anyways, if you want raspberries, this is one of the best ones that you can get at a great price.

Małgoś
Małgoś

I have tried and tried to discover that something in this perfume; I don't often wear it since it is very distinctive... it's strong and sweet, and has lasting power. True, it smells divine of ripe raspberries - a condensed, sticky syrup of raspberries. Without smelling artificially, this is genuinely a mouthwatering scent in the beginning.
After a while though, I have the impression that I am wearing a sweet sticky syrup - it's all sweetness; I feel no depth in this perfume. Patchouli, combined with these ripe raspberry fruit, reinforces the effect of sweetness, slightly on the heavy side (but not overpowering).
It does not evolve into anything powdery on my skin - just sweetness. This fragrance surely makes a woman feel beautiful, it is a gorgeous scent one might say, but the fact that it does not go any further from sweetness makes it a little boring.
I will give myself some time and maybe learn to appreciate it, will be back with updated comments then.

muza
muza

I used to like it several years ago but won't come back to it. Smells like raspberry liqueur covered with patchouli. Has a bit powdery base. Strong and provocative.

Hairytrees1
Hairytrees1

I can't decide whether I like this one.. I was hoping this would smell sweet like Givenchy Hot Couture EDT, but it is totally different! :( It smells on me like baby wipes and raspberry alcohol and a bit too heavy and "mature" for me but something about it makes me keep sniffing my wrist...

jordy0119
jordy0119

This is one of my favorite scents of all time. The initial raspberry is a bit strong, but the dry down is intoxicating. I smell my wrist all day when I wear this. It is a little hard to find now, as I purchased my first bottle years ago. I believe I am on my third bottle now, which I found in a local perfume store. You can definitely purchase it online though for pretty cheap. The bottle is weird...not the best part about the fragrance. However, for me I don't mind because I store this one away so it won't turn and choose to display some of my prettier bottles. I can't really compare this scent to anything else because it is really unique. I get so many compliments when I wear it though!

piapedersen
piapedersen

I admit: I bought this while on holiday, simply because of the bottle. When I saw it I knew I had to own it. The fact that it belongs to one of my favourite catagories - floral fruity - was a pleasant surprise but I must say that the flacon caught my eye. It's not a favourite scent of mine but I find it very complex and strong in a good way. There are days when it it too overwhelming, especially in the summer but it's perfect for really frosty winter's days.

KatyK
KatyK

Apparition is a beautiful summer scent. The raspberry opening is simply delicious! It has depth and warm with pimento and patchouli that make it long lasting but the heliotrope and rose keep it light and happy. One of my favourites for a summer night.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Another beautiful Ungaro, classy yet playful.

The raspberry note is noticeable to me but not in an overly candy kind of way. It is a supportive note rather than an overbearing one. -the red pepper also helps to prevent this berry from getting too feisty!- nevertheless, one needs to like raspberries in perfumes, because it IS noticeable. It reminds me of the red-berry note in Ungaro 2007 for Women. Red berries in perfumes are normally not my thing (neither are raspberries) but Ungaro manages to add these gourmand notes in his perfumes without that it becomes candy-like or annoying.

On my skin Apparition has mainly: vanilla, passion flower, a hint of red pepper and an 'apparition' of raspberry notes. Elegant and mature, yet still playful.

Silage is: "I smell something that doesn't smell like a lot of other scents and it surrounds me in wonderful whiffs". Longevity is very decent: 5-7+ hours.
Sample this one before purchase because it might not be what you expect.

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

This reminds me a bit of Chanel-"Allure"...but just a bit...It's very strong on me,especially when I first spray it,then the raspberry note comes out and it's like:"SSSHHHHTTT"...All the notes are relaxing and mixing and dancing...But still very strong for me!

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

Have a 1.7 fl oz (50 ml) bottle to swap. It's not that I don't like it, but it hasn't till now matched any of my moods, we are sort of inexpressive together... I pick up raspberries and something bright, something like a dusty light, polish...It is a warm deep scent on the paper, but it stays superficial on my skin. Reminds me by far of F by Salvatore Ferragamo and First Fragrance by Lolita Lempicka, just that these two have deepness on me. So I'm just trying to pass this to smb else, who would cherish it more than I can.

florabella
florabella

I find this to be a very enjoyable fragrance to wear, it hits many of the points I like in a perfume. Yes, it is rather sweet, but not in a candy-like manner, more like a decadent dessert that you only need a few bites of to feel satisfied. It starts off with a rather pronounced raspberry note, but is soon rounded out nicely with the tonka and amber. Every time I wear it I enjoy it more. I do think it may be a bit much in the heat of summer but in the cold weather it feels like I'm wrapped in an essence of deliciousness. As a side note, I recently purchased Yves Rocher Rose Absolue and find them to be very similar in structure and feel. One always reminds me of the other, yet I don't regret owning both of them!!

SheShe
SheShe

I had the bottle, I don't have it anymore. At first I liked the raspberry liqueur in the beginning and the whole scent, but after a short time I decided the scent is too cold and it didn't work for me.

The opening is peppery and bursts in the liqueur I've mentioned but it calms down quickly. The bottle is nice but I don't like this type of spray (set into the bottle).

Tina_Salo
Tina_Salo

I received this perfume as a gift from my boyfriend because when I tried this in shop I was totally in love with it and hypnotized!!! It is a big huge raspberry, I feel like in a fairy tale when I smell it on me. And I absolutlely love that bottle!!! I feel very happy, optimistic and girly with that scent :) And my boyfriend loves this perfume on me ;-)

olga1780
olga1780

I got the gist of this parfume from the reviews, so I bought it for casual winter wear. Even though Apparition received quite a few negative reviews I still purchased it blindly, because after trying and really enjoing 3 fragrances from Ungaro, I had a lot of confidence in this house.
The only perplexing thing about Apparition is that neither its name nor the bottle design make no sense whatsoever. Smelling this perfume you would imagine the bottle to be deep red or maroon, but not a transparent weird-looking avangard rectangle.
But the contents actually exceeded my expectations. Apparition smells like dark, thick raspberry liquer of the most expensive and luxurious quality, spiced with pepper and infused with rose. Nothing sticky, sickening or overwhelming, but very rich and enjoyable. I would say it could be even worn for a special occasion on a cold winter night.
Sillage is great, lasting power is avearage...around 3-4 hours, but the peppery drydown is still noticeable and lingers beyond 3 hours.

gracious
gracious

It doesn't last very well but I love it

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

L'ho spruzzato in profumeria, ho atteso di sentire come reagisse sulla mia pelle e...me ne son innamorata! Sarà sicuramente il mio prossimo regalo !! :-) Lo trovo un profumo "ottimistico" e con un pizzico di sensualità, perfetto sia di giorno che di sera, adatto alla bella stagione soprattutto (ma gradevolissimo sempre)

passionata20
passionata20

some might think that it is too sweet and indeed this would be too sweet for the summer. Do not use it if yo´re afraid to be bee-sting, cause it is common that when i spray this one onto myself during summer all the bees are attracted to me somehow! :))) Try it during early spring, it will make your senses awake and will make you feel that summer is not that far away!
This is the scent of intense rasperbbies, like a raspberry liquior, but i guess there is also a sweet litchi in the composition. the lasting power is not the best, you have to spray it really generously to smell it, but nevertheless it is a very good scent.

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

First of all, you look to the bottle of Apparition and you may think this is another common, sweet floral fruity for young people and for day time. No. Apparition is unusual, strong, dark and sexy perfume.

It starts very alcoholic and sharp, but in few minutes I could smell the raspberry with light floral, woody and spicy notes, all mixed but still well blended. This kind of formula (berry + woody + spicy) reminds me a LOT of DKNY Delicious Night. I think the dark side of these fragrances are there because of patchouli, which is detectable in the heart and drydown.

I think Apparition would be a must try for people who usually don't like floral fruity, but sometimes want a little bit of fruit, without being sickeningly sweet. It's unique, smells expensive and classy. It's so classy, that it almost makes me think teenagers would not like Apparition.

Test before buying, because it's strong and unusual.

Better for night/winter use, excellent sillage and staying power!

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Wow wow wow... It lasts for 2 days on my skin... and forever on my cloths...

Too much patcouli tho.
=/

guest_Karina000
guest_Karina000

I got this for gift. It's very sweet in first minutes, but tooo strong later. I would reccoment this one more for adult women, not for teenage girls.

kote
kote

Strong,sweet,interesting composition.

Heavy indeed: I sprayed Apparition on one hand, and on the other some other perfume, and all I could smell the next couple hours was Apparition.

Ko.da90
Ko.da90

This is a burst of berry surprise. Very powdery and sweet. Its almost a little too intense for me, but I still like it though. Oh, and the name doesn't suit the fragrance.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Apparition for me is a bit of a hard perfume to get my head around. It's fruity, and raspberry, smelling, which I kind of like, but there's something about it which smells slightly artificial initially and which puts me off slightly. It's very nice in some ways, and it's an unusual perfume, but sometimes the artificial note puts me off from using it. It's long lasting and on me lasts easily over 12+ hours. It's not a perfume I would wear a lot but from time to time it's nice to wear. The bottle is lovely and very unusual. I love the colored tiles - they're so pretty!!

One thing I have just noticed about Apparition (like Dragonesque who's written a review below) is its resemblance to Hot Couture. I'd never tried Hot Couture until the other day when I tested it and I really liked it, and when I got home I realized it reminded me of Apparition so I sprayed Apparition on my other wrist and, lo and behold, the two are incredibly similar! I like Hot Couture so much (although the bottle sucks!) that I really wanted to get myself a bottle but it's quite expensive and now I don't really need to because Apparition smells extremely similar!

Apparition is definitely a grower and I like it more the more I use it. I'd give it 4 out of 5!

sleepy owl
sleepy owl

oh,what a shame,i got this on a blind buy because of a nice bottle(how stupid i am).I was expecting something delicious or fresh or airy,but definitely not a raspberry liquor!I couldnt sniff anything else,sadly...

guest_el mejor perfume
guest_el mejor perfume

me encanta este perfume y la marca

I had seen and considered buying Emanuel Ungaro APPARITION blind (several times!), as it is ridiculously inexpensive. However, I'm trying to curb my russian roulette buying habits to some extent, purchasing scent unsniffed only perfumes by names I already trust and respect (Balmain, Caron...)

So, when I saw a carded sample of this one, I naturally added it to my cart, though it probably cost about the same as a quarter of a bottle...

Well, prudence paid off in this case, for APPARITION is too sweet for me to take up as a regular--or even occasional--rotation scent. What opens as a slightly spicy (peppery) oriental floral with a notable vanilla patchouli base front and center, swiftly evolves to another red berry jam concoction--great for toast, not for my nose!

dragonesque
dragonesque

Plain, sweet and sticky compote. No zest, no character, nothing to catch one’s attention. Reminds me of Hot Couture by Givenchy (synthetic sweet raspberry). And I believe Hot Couture is not the only fragrance Apparition bears similarity to. The bottle is nice, though, but it does not make up for the quality of the concoction.
I was given a 3 oz bottle of it as a gift, and I had to pass it on to my 18-year-old niece, who is not so sophisticated and picky about scents =)

cloyd42
cloyd42

Summery afternoons. Champagne and fruit on the veranda. The liqueur in raspberry liqueur matters--this is more like framboise than fresh raspberries. I don't smell the heat of the pepper but everything else is there. Charming and cooling.

Puppe
Puppe

In my opinion this perfume it can be a little to strong sometimes. It is that kind of perfume that sometimes you fell that you love it and other times you just can't stand it on your skin. In the beginning I can feel very strong the raspberry, so is something fruity-sweet.

In the end you can feel your skin smelling like something sweet(this is a good sensation for me).

The lasting power is ok, not excellent but ok (and also the price:D between 20$-30$ on internet).

guest_DivaM
guest_DivaM

I love this perfume! It is amazing ! Sexy and hot ,soft and durable, and mysterious... Divine!

mwater1
mwater1

Ungaro's Apparition had long been one of my fragrance aspirations, but it is a frangrance that is very hard to find. I finally located it this weekend, and based on positive reviews here and on other sites, I was beyond excited to possess my very own bottle. That excitement did not last very long.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous and leads one to believe that you will find a fresh fruity-floral fragrance within. It isn't...at all. While the fragrance is sweet and I defintely can smell the raspberry liquer--- the musk and heavy, funky smelling undertone is a turn off. The opening was a jumble of synthetic smelling elements never congealing into a coherent fragrance. On first sniff it was cloying and sickeningly sweet and heavy. I never waited to see what developed later as I couldn't get past the first initial seconds of the fragrance.

It reminded me of those heavy, synthetic fragrances my grandmother wore like Youth Dew. As much as I was looking forward to this fragrance and as much as I wanted to like it, Apparition was a huge disappointment.

letestarr
letestarr

I use to call it "My happiness perfume"!
I just love it... everytime I use it, it makes me think of parties at the beach at night with a lot of wine! Yes, it reminds me of red wine! It makes me feel so fine!

sabsoob
sabsoob

the fact that it's so annoyingly sweet made me never think of wearing it again.. although i have received couple of complements about it.

archangel
archangel

I adore this perfume! It makes me feel good, like expecting something pleasant. Very optimistic fragrance!

Trvevil
Trvevil

It was all said in previous review.
On me it's very soapy at the beginning and dry-down is fruity with faint hint of flowers and a sweet sour fruit. I can't feel tonka bean and pepper on me.
Dries down to wonderful base (vanilla/patchouli).
Ideal fragrance for spring /summer.
Quite expensive.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

I have to admit to raising an eyebrow in surprise at the previous reviews, as this is my hands-down favourite perfume of the moment. You know, the kind you keep wafting your clothes madly trying to get a deeper sniff of; the kind that has your nose buried somewhere in your cleavage in a double-jointed attempt to keep on smelling throughout the day as the scent mellows with your body's chemistry. In short: the kind of perfume that rewards you with strangers stopping you in the street to ask what you're wearing, and the kind of perfume that has equal numbers of strangers looking at you oddly as you perform the above rituals of "just one more sniff!"

At least, that's my story with this perfume, but I suppose what attracts us all to the world of fragrance is that each perfume we use becomes part of us when we wear it. Therefore, my personal favourite might make you wrinkle your nose in disgust, the next person smile with delight and the person after that shrug their shoulders as they can't for the life of them fathom what all the fuss is about...

The first spray for me is all about pink pepper and sharp berries, which begins mellowing almost immediately into a riper raspberry tang. Then, perhaps half an hour into the wearing, it transforms yet again into a far deeper, more seductive elixir by far. This is the stage I love best, and which - happily for me! - lasts longest on my skin. I get oodles of cinnamon, nutmeg and maybe even a touch of clove, but the ripe raspberry bursts in slow motion (like one of those slowed-down nature documentaries showing a bud opening) to become a wealth of mouthwatering woodland berries. Somehow, this intoxicating mixture never becomes cloying or sickly or any of the things that have put other people off this perfume. This is one of the best balanced, truly well blended perfumes I have ever tried. It also lasts for an absolute age - literally a few sprays in the morning will last all day, sometimes until I wake up the next morning and shower.

If I had to liken Apparition to another perfume (which, despite other people's assertions, is quite a challenged, as I find this a VERY unique fragrance) I would have to place this somewhere between Paco Rabanne's Black XS For Her and L'Artisan Parfumuer's Mure et Musc (both of which I own[ed] and have, at one time or another, adored). By the way, I am 35, so it's certainly not only for teenagers!

I would like, at this point in my hyperbolic appreciation of this scent, to say something about the presentation of this perfume. For me, the bottle is entirely wrong. It's clunky, modernist and horribly dated looking, now. I would like to see this re-launched and in a bottle that speaks of the perfume inside - something organic and mysterious in nature, yet that wouldn't look at all out of place in a 1930's movie starlet's boudoir would be a good place to start.

The name, again, causes problems. It brings to mind a willow-the-wisp of a scent - something that's all white flowers and faint trails of incense. This is certainly not the reality. Apparition is fatally addictive and will certainly haunt me for many years to come.

amanda
amanda

its not unique at all, but smells nice and sweet which is the point. i wouldnt buy it tho, because i have perfumes like this.

elgab89
elgab89

I really wanted to love this one, I loved Ungaro's Diva in the 80s. Unfortunately I have found it way too sweet - raspberry liquor it is! Also, very generic. I do think is aimed to young consumers, maybe Ungaro wanted to please the new generation.

hena a
hena a

i think lots of perfumes smell like this one. but it is lovely anyway. kinda innocent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Emanuel Ungaro Apparition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Emanuel Ungaro Apparition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Apparition by Emanuel Ungaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Apparition by Emanuel Ungaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.