Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Desnuda Emanuel Ungaro for women

Desnuda Emanuel Ungaro for women
dislike

Desnuda Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Desnuda Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Desnuda Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures

Desnuda( Naked) is a sensuous composition, ethereally and light, warm and comfortable, with fresh citruses harmonized with oriental floral delicacy. Top notes are: Sicilian bergamot, blood mandarin orange, white peach, cardamom and pepper. Rich flowers (tuberose, freesia, jasmine, iris, Chinese rose and cyclamen) are softened by gourmet and sensuous plum, which bring us the warmth of the Spanish sun at the heart. The base consists of mimosa, sandalwood, cinnamon, vanilla, musk and osmanthus. The perfume was created by Domitille Michalon in 2001. Bottle designers made sure that applying of this fragrance with a small brush becomes a game.

Tuberose Blood Mandarin Pepper Sicilian Bergamot White Peach Cardamom

Cyclamen iris Plum Rose Freesia Jasmine

Mimosa Sandalwood Tonka Bean Cinnamon Musk Vanilla Osmanthus

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Desnuda Fragrance Reviews

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Disappointing blind buy. I get the Dolce Vita comparisons once it dries down - but it doesn't have as much sparkle as DV.
Also, I find the opening a bit harsh.
Nothing special, sadly.

Lady Tessa
Lady Tessa

Again, another treasure for me! I saw the negative reviews as well as so many positive ones and this was a blind buy for me as the price was right to try it and it had all of the notes that I just really enjoy. I LOVE cinnamon fragrances, and I was looking for something quiet, soft, elegant, good for daytime wear but still sexy and ladylike all at the same time. That is Desnuda. She is bright and beautiful, warm, sexy and elegant and self confident enough to blossom quietly without needing to be the center of attention. This is not a sleepy, powdery scent. I don't detect much in the way of florals, but there is a bit of a soft fruit fragrance in the very beginning but quickly becomes a creamy warmth. This may well be my signature, but I think I need a bit more time and experience to find it.

scain54
scain54

Very, very nice! Dries down to warm floral, with delicious creamy sandalwood floating around it. Stays close to skin, but with wonderful longevity. Very similar to EL Sensuous, but at a fraction of the price. Definitely a winner, it was a blind buy and I am really happy with it. Yeah!

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Wow this is such a great perfume. Like the rest of you I look at perfume categories (i.e. Floral Fruity, Fruity, Aquatic, etc) and then look into the notes that I love most. I order samples in vials if they're available or even take the risk of not liking the perfume and buying it blindly. I bought this blindly but it's a good blind buy. It smells so good. I second the opinion that it's sexy but not in a spread your legs sex bomb sort of way. It's feminine in it's soft and subtle touch. It's not called Naked for nothing. It's a freshly showered beautiful smelling skin scent on a woman. It has a nice fruity opening. I like the plum peach and mandarin orange. I would say however that it's not too fruity. On me the flowers take over. It's a soft powdery rose, a delicate freesia, a white floral jasmine with a slight maturity, and a vanilla scented mimosa. The dry down on me was mostly cinnamon and vanilla. It's hard to classify this one. It's essentially a fruity floral but it's also a bit of a gourmand, or gourmand floral. It reminds me of Poeme by Lancôme and Classique by Gaultier. This is clearly just for women because it smells of every thing sexy about women. It's great to spritz on after a shower in the morning or just before bed to soothe you to sleep. It matches up with lingerie so you can spritz this lightly on lingerie - nighties, baby doll nighties. This is sexy and sweet girly and fun. It's also very reminiscent of the Victoria Secret Angels perfumes, not any one in particular but like a combination of all of them and the way they smell: lightly spicy, gourmand ish vanilla cinnamon and flowers. Lovely.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Desnuda By Ungaro

Top Notes: Tuberose Mandarin Pepper Bergamot Peach Cardamom

Middle Notes: Cyclamen Iris Plum Rose Freesia Jasmine

Base Notes: Mimosa Sandalwood Tonka Cinnamon Musk Vanilla Osmanthus

Desnuda is Spanish for nude. So you'd think this is the kind of fragrance you put on while you're nude to get your lover into bed right? Wrong. This is a skin scent so it's meant to evoke the sexy scent of fresh nude skin on a young woman. They do a fine job but it literally sits on your skin and only if your lover is kissing you or putting his nose to wherever you applied the perfume, he'll know you're wearing it. Otherwise there's no way anyone can smell this on you. It's tame and sweet, feminine and soft. The tuberose is asleep. This is the most invisible tuberose of all time. On me the fruity-floral notes were there: mandarin, peach, plum, freesia, jasmine, rose, iris and mimosa. There were some spicy notes as well: some pepper and cardamom and cinnamon, all which sort of reminded me of Classique by Gaultier. This has a powdery sweet deliciousness. It smells of vanilla after the fruit and flowers subside. Very simple, easy to wear, and something to wear with lingerie to bed. Or naked to bed. Desnuda to bed.

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Desnuda is very shy lady, but it is worth dealing with, because it has such a lovely, flowery smell. Like you found a secret garden of finest flowers.
I reminds me of Dior's Dolce Vite, just a little lighter.

Ingelkorgepingel
Ingelkorgepingel

Ostsin ka selle lõhna suurte ootustega.Pidi lõhnama nagu värske küpsetatud kaneeli sai.No kes sellisest kirjeldusest suudaks loobuda.Aga ei.Mitte midagi sellist.
Mul olid niiiii suured lootused sellele lõhnale.

Martaynd

Dec. 2015: I have vintage bottle with brush applicator. Combo suggestion: Desnuda with Bvlgari Thé Blanc. They layer seamlessly. Individually, both are very light, but together they support each other very well. Both are classics. I'm grateful I have a second NIB vintage Desnuda. A little of Desnuda goes a long way with me, so I should be good for another 10 years. Very versatile. And now this combo has given me an entirely new fragrance!!! Very feminine scent you can wear just about anywhere, anytime.

Corinne39
Corinne39

Gorgeous! At first I get freshly baked gingerbread and then the cinnamon & vanilla come through. I have the body lotion too, which on it's own is barely there, but when the perfume is layered over the top, it's wonderful and extends the "life" of Desnuda a little bit longer..and that would be my only problem with this perfume, it doesn't last long enough, on me at least!

Charliebrave
Charliebrave

This is such an oldie but a goodie . On my skin with my body chemistry (we are all different) this perfume is warm , it's sweet , creamy, hints of Diors dolce vita . I love it

pyttlc
pyttlc

Just saw a French cartoon named "Le Magasin des Suicides"(the suicide store).One of the impressing scene is the sister danced along with a Arabic music. She danced in nude. Well i suggest her put on this perfume!

Some says it's similar to Dolce Vita of Dior. Yes,indeed.Warm and sexy. For me the theme is cinnamon,peach and mimosa. It's close to skin and put on some right after shower. Very charming. Sillage is good and longevity is 6-8 hours.

It's not unique but still worth buying.

likes2paint
likes2paint

I really like this, but wish it would last longer. It seems as if one whiff and it's gone! Good job I bought a big bottle.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks to my swap partner I got to try this beautiful little number. Ok I am reviewing the current formulation in spray form not the brush on version. This is absolutely fabulous. It is spicy and I do smell cinnamon very strongly as do I smell other spices. It is so gorgeous. This is not old or dated smelling and it just smells so comforting to my nose. Not heavy or cloying. I would love to get my hands on the vintage version now. All in all I am incredibly pleased with this beautiful fragrance. I think it might be signature scent worthy.

marija.Šorša
marija.Šorša

Beautiful scent,reminds me
of Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant...

persefoni
persefoni

This perfume (the original with the little brush) is literally sweet, in a truly edible way. It smells like some sort of warm butter, vanilla, caramel sauce for apple pies and ice creams. And yet there's also something floral, like a turkish delight, a lukum - but i can't tell if it's the rose...

A wonderful perfume for gourmand lovers, but also for those who love deep, warm, sweet perfumes!

Sherihan
Sherihan

They pioneered the "brush on perfume", this method will be the perfume world fad the coming days

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

This review is for the vintage Desnuda. A fellow fragrantica member sent me a nice sized decant in a swap last year and I never gave it a proper testing. Until today! Um kay, first of all this is the absolute best lower end fragrance I have ever tried. The scent is true to its notes and it is obvious to my nose that this was made with care and quality ingredients. Or they did a fabulous job at mixing inexpensive ingredients to make them smell expensive. Nonetheless, it has complexities unlike mainstream fragrances now a days. Truly, this is more along the lines of a niche scent than designer. The scent has been described well by others below me, so I won't go into it but I will say that the peach, cardamom, rose and Vanilla are most prominent to me and beautifully harmonious. I really want a full bottle of this. I wouldn't say Desnuda is particularly memorable, but it makes me stop and appreciate it's beauty every time I smell it on my skin. Perfect amount of sweet, spice, woods and fruit for my liking. I can't recommend it enough if the notes are your type.

libless
libless

Well blended. So much so, that I really can't single out one ingredient over another, not even the mimosa. You can tell its there, it just doesn't over power anything else. Softly spicy. Creamy without being overly powdery. Very soft musk. Hint of Cinnamon. Hint of Cardamon. Hint of Vanilla. Feminine with a "barely there" masculine undertone. The silage is very light....unless you are active. The more active you are, the more others can smell it. It is best in the summer. I love it.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

On my skin, this is a very faint skin scent. It has virtually no sillage--I press my nose against my wrist and can smell it, but otherwise not. And this is on freshly moisturized skin!

What I do smell IS very sensual. It is a faint cinnamon-vanilla scent, with the fleshy-spiciness of the cardamom and a hint of peaches (more like putting your nose up to the skin of a ripe peach, not like biting into a juicy peach; it's just a hint of fuzzy peachness), and maybe the faintest touch of plum. If there were such a thing as a "pastel scent", this would be it. I almost have to wonder if somehow I'm anosmic to the musky base of this? I am anosmic to some musks, and the fact that I really hardly smell this at all is so odd.

I only have a decant (Fragrantican generosity strikes again), and I'm glad I was able to try this before buying a full bottle, as a full bottle would not be worth it for such a faint scent despite the lovely composition of notes.

lirael00
lirael00

Desnuda is yummy and most of all a very intimate fragrance. It lasts long but sits close to your skin, so only people hugging you will be able to detect it. I've bought a big bottle just based on the reviews, cause I wanted something different. And this is a very good different! It's such a crispy fragrance. It's cinnamon all over. The opening is a bit spicy but then it settles into a warm cinnamon-vanilla scent. It's very sensual. If you're a cinnamon lover go get it!

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

On me Desnuda is a complete skin scent without much sillage at any point... So I guess it suits its name. This would be nice to wear on winter days, I get a warm, light, spicy cinnamon scent that reminds me of spiced xmas drinks :)

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Can the way you apply perfume make a difference to the scent?
This was a blind buy for me a few months ago. My first tests were a single spray directly onto my skin. I was overwhelmed by the cardamon and put it aside for later.
I've retested this one today with a spray and walk through. Seems crazy for something that's already a low sillage skin scent, but now I'm getting a more rounded fragrance.
I get less of the cardamon opening, more vanilla and soft peach. In the drydown I get faint floral coming through. Soft and pretty. I'm glad I gave it another chance as I'm enjoying the fragrance more this time around.

Beaufort
Beaufort

A masterpiece.
Overlooked and underrated.
Sheer Beauty.
.....worn by men, women melt. Worn by women, men melt.
This is Dune with an extra dimension....spices, vanilla and a touch of black pepper.

nadzieja
nadzieja

Sensual "oily" skin fragrance, very spicy and warm. Long time ago I got a sample, which I liked, but never purchased whole bottle. Lately I was looking for a new perfume, tried Dolce Vita which brought memories of Desnuda. For me Desnuda is a better version of DV, less sweet and dull, more subtle and intiguing. Only pity is the strenght, wish it had more sillage.

Martaynd

I have vintage, brush applicator bottle. Beautiful, soft, lovely, feminine in every way. Not pretentious. I wear it to bed or on dress up days. Brings to mind warm summer days and relaxation. But I'll wear her any season. Stays true to scent and lasts all day. I wear Desnuda for ME. As long as I can smell it, I don't care if anyone else does. Some perfumes you want to project. I agree with those that describe it as a "skin scent".

Taliera
Taliera

I always strive to get unique perfumes and I think that this is one of them. Of course, it reminded me of other perfumes - Dune, Pure Poison, Dior Addict, Bulgari Pour Femme, Rose Esential, Rochas Femme, Eternity, Contradiction - but not to the point where I could say it was a dead ringer, or even remotely close to any of them.

When I first smelt Desnuda, I got a blast of rose (Bulgari style), fruits (peach was most noticeable) and spices (I detected cardamon and pepper). Shortly after this arrives the musk, in all its glory. Then comes tonka bean, sandalwood and vanilla. The base is what reminded me of some heavier perfumes, in particular Dior Addict and Pure Poison.

Overall the scent is soft, warm and complex. It has a weak sillage, and the lasting power's not that great - but you either accept it as a skin scent, or load so much of it on that people are forced to notice.

There is great complexity with this scent, which I think revolves around a "power struggle" between the main accords: 1.) uplifting scents (rose and peach), 2.) spicy scents, and 3.) heavy scents (particularly musk). I could also swear there is something salty included. It is due to this bizarre love triangle that I am reminded of Dior's Dune. There is the same playful tugging of different accords. Though I am not a Dune fan, I find Desnuda more accessible.

Finally, I would like to say that wearing Desnuda is a very pleasurable experience. Despite the lower price and lack of conspicuous advertising, I consider the quality of the composition to be close to, or equal that of Dior's best...

Kiku
Kiku

I had never heard of "Desnuda" until an ebay seller included a sample as a thank you. I was so impressed with the perfume I immediately ordered a bottle. Perhaps I should have waited a bit. This fragrance has a dual personality. I have never experienced another scent that changes so much between opening and drydown. Desnuda begins like a classic oriental: warm and sweet and laden with vanilla, spices, and oranges. It is remarkably like vintage Chantilly. After a few hours it turns into a floral blend dominated by roses and lavender. The effect is disconcerting if your mood does not change with it. The main characteristic of this perfume is its smoothness. It is creamy and so silky it envelopes you. If you like a fragrance that is close to the skin, this is the one.

SouthernLady
SouthernLady

This is a beautiful scent. I will agree with everyone that this is definitely a skin scent and I do prefer more sillage. It's so warm and softly spicy smelling and I plan to try this out as a "love potion" when I see my boyfriend this weekend ;)

Update: my boyfriend's reaction when he smelled this on my skin? And I quote, "Oh...WOW..."

I seem to remember reading somewhere years ago, that cinnamon is a huge turn-on scent for men. Desnuda does seem very cinnamon-forward to me & it keeps that warm spicy-ness through to the end. LOVE this scent!

twillocks
twillocks

I received my sample today and I love it. I don't smell peach though.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Desnuda is a great "skin" scent. It's warm and soft, starts off spicy and then ends up sweet. It's got only moderate sillage in the first 30 minutes or so. After that if you want someone to notice you, you're gonna have to hug them, or maybe get them to bite your neck! It stays so close to the skin, even you will have to sniff yourself closely to even smell it.

I love it, but I find the "zero" sillage to be a little annoying. I want to smell it, and while I don't want to knock others out, I want them to smell it, too!

I added a little Rochas Tocade to Desnuda in a sample vial in an effort to copy my beloved Sotto Voce by Laura Biagotti. I see a similarity, but it's not really working for me. I will say that Desnuda by itself is reminiscent of Sotto Voce, though not a "smell-alike" by any means. And that is a BIG compliment!!

Edited to add: Sometimes, you don't need to stand out and make everyone around you smell your perfume. Sometimes, you need to sit and bask in your own sweet cloud, knowing that you smell awesome, and that's enough. I've grown to really love Desnuda. It's quiet but so comfortable and pretty. It's quite alright that the only compliment I've gotten was when I had someone standing directly over me in my cubicle. I always appreciate that, "Man, you smell good" compliment, especially coming from the opposite sex.

olga1780
olga1780

This is such a beautiful and elegant fragrance! I cannot detect absolutely anything dusty, heavy, or chemical about it. It is warm and moderately spicy...a perfect balance of notes. To my nose it is more original than a lot of overadvertised and overused fragrances on the market.
Moderate sillage and great lasting power: still can smell it 7 hours later.
A keeper!

This perfume is one of the few Ungaro's that do not really work for me. It is a typical DUSTY perfume in my opinion.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Surprisingly soft and smooth for a commercial perfume, with a floral mix that’s not too floral, fruit that’s not too fruity, a vanilla base, and what I could swear is little leather right there in the top notes. I get next to nothing in the way of spices or sandalwood.

The flowers are a generic mix, but not the usual generic floral suspects. Instead, they’re more delicate, influenced by the whispering osmanthus and powdery mimosa rather than screaming white florals or lily-of-the valley. The fruit isn’t the usual Skittles-flavored shampoo note, either. It’s a more subtle and sensuous peach-plum-sweet citrus combination vaguely reminiscent of Rochas Femme. To me, the impression is of a soft suede garment that’s been well worn, absorbing traces of all of the wearer’s different perfumes over the years.

It’s a perfume that feels comfortable and familiar, one that doesn’t shout for attention, but makes its presence known. In the end, it dries down to a generic vanilla-musk scent. Sillage is moderate, although I would characterize this as mainly a skin scent. It lasts at least 6-7 hours on both skin and clothing. Desnuda is not highly original, but then, how many perfumes really are, including those that cost many times what Desnuda does?

passionata20
passionata20

I bought it without knowing (remembering) how it smells like and very first impression was negative: "This is pure pepper spray", but THEN... it becomes incredibly soft and melts with your skin. Pepper doesn´t go away, but all the cardamon and flowers come to the front and it makes my soul sing!
Very intimate fragrance indeed, the name is absolutly right for it! You have to smell it really close on your skin to feel it, that´s why i think it is very intimate. I will try to wear it for some intimate moments.
The brush is really interesting accsessory, but i wouldn´t recommend to put it on with a brush, as it is a truly waste of a fragrance (unless you have 5-6 bottles stocked up).

Gave to try it to my friend and she instantly liked it! She went nuts for this one. And so my other friend! And her mother! Now there are 4 of us at least who love it, but only me who has it :))

The review is for original formula with brush, not the modern one, which is very true to the original formula, though lacks that soft side of the "nakediness" of original.

guest_hj
guest_hj

This is my FAVORITE fragrance. Shockingly surprised by the negative reviews, I can tell you that men frequently tell me that they love the scent I am wearing... it is a bit overpowering at first, but after a half hour or so, it is delicious. Remember, the parfum goes a long way. Not kidding about men loving it!

RkrChk
RkrChk

Looks like the majority has it when they called Desnuda [and I paraphrase] forgettable & having poor sillage...I totally agree--I'm glad I bought a mini...

Emanuel Ungaro DESNUDA is a rather nondescript oriental woody to my nose. The florals do not stand out as individual notes at all; what I mainly smell is a creamy mixture of ever-so lightly cardamom and vanilla-scented sandalwood dusted with a barely perceptible touch of cinnamon.

Clearly intended as a "skin scent", DESNUDA is pleasant enough, but not very memorable. This quasi-linear fragrance has low sillage and poor staying power. If I had a bottle, I'd wear it now and then, but I won't buy one. There are too many other more compelling fragrances out there, including skin scents with excellent longevity...

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

Well, I definitely liked Desnuda when I was wearing it but now that I've run out of it I can't even recall what this perfume smells like. So I suppose if you want something nice and politically correct, go for it. If you want to be remembered, choose something else.

Sissi
Sissi

The vanilla predominates the scent then
the drydown has a bit of fruit spicy
yes i think the the iris and pepper is responsible for the spicy drying.
i can pick up coconut and a bit of amber. the scent fits the name and color of a nude beige if i think of a
color and pair that with a perfume
this will be perfect.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

My mom has this one it smells nice the only problem is that the staying power is zero. The lotion is weak too it doesn't seem to belong to this perfume.

rithacha
rithacha

Ohh my. Mushy, rotten, bottom-of-the-fruit-basket plums.

There you have your pitted fruits, plum and peach. There you have your smooth tuberose. There you have your perfunctory oriental spices. Fine.

But what's this? Something veritably CURDLES those elements. Pepper? Citrus? Mimosa? I have no idea. But something smells grey, moldy, and wormy . . . stale, medicinal, bitter.

Luckily after two hours the rotten chemical smell disappears and leaves a remotely sweet, vanilliac, perfumey floral. Still a tad musty, but really enjoyable. Not worth the wait, though imo.

I would never mistake this for any other scent.

c3c
c3c

Cardamom is definitely dominant in the opening notes, it's a bit off putting, but if you wait a bit very quickly the mandarin and vanilla begin to take over. I can't pick out the florals listed, in fact it's as if they aren't even there. The citrus vanilla notes are pleasant for a bit and then it slides into a very light blend of sandalwood & cinnamon ruled by vanilla with the slightest hint of citrus & cardamom remaining. And that's where it stays for me. Long lasting and warm.

Sassy1
Sassy1

My 1st impression is too much pepper and cardamom. It isn't pretty, but odd, verging on medicinal. I love tuberose but it doesn't come through at all. Slowly some of the plum and fressia show up and the cinnamon/vanilla combination is very nice. All in, I like the middle and base notes but the top needs some tweaking before I'll buy a bottle.

guest_annie ♥
guest_annie ♥

Desnuda is my favorite fragrance, perfect for me and the body lotion is awesome!!

The big problem is to find it. I bought desnuda for first time in 2003, but have been difficult to get it in departamental stores. But thank's god online perfume stores exists!!!

guest_Vera
guest_Vera

Reminds me a bit of NC's Exult: nothing too special, holding those warm, sweet base notes. Well, if you're comparing the two, Desnuda is the real deal: at least it stays for a while on the skin.
The best thing about Desnuda is the brush. Really original addition to the product.

allexa27
allexa27

I was expecting soemthing mmore after reading the ingredients,but it is totall disapointment !!It is very spicy at the beggining ,than settles down and nothing special....doesnt give me any emotions ...it is not unique at all

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

At first it is spicy and somewhat strong, almost very chemical smelling like a room spray or disinfectant. Then it settles directly into a skin scent. Unfortunately I don't like skin scents much, I prefer fragrances to stand out. I get some cinnamon and vanilla with a lot of plum. It's very feminine and soft, and unique, but not enough to be different.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Emanuel Ungaro Desnuda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Emanuel Ungaro Desnuda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Desnuda by Emanuel Ungaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Desnuda by Emanuel Ungaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.