Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women

Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women
dislike

Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures

The first Ugaro’s perfume is dedicated to women. The word ‘Diva’carries an association with prima donna and has the Italian meaning ‘goddess’. Diva is a classic perfume for women and its composition is built around rose, Ungaro’s symbol. The bottle immitates curves of female body, which is again one of Ungaro’s idols. The opening is classic, floral with a citrusy note, which harmonizes with the note of tuberose. Ylang-ylang is mixed with a rose. The sweet and sensual finale is reached by the notes of vanilla, sandalwood and iris. The perfume was created by Jacques Polge in 1983.

Aldehydes Coriander Mandarin Orange Indian Tuberose Bergamot Cardamom

Carnation Orris Root Turkish Rose Ylang-Ylang Moroccan Rose Narcissus Egyptian Jasmine

Honey iris Amber Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Civet Vanilla Oakmoss Vetiver

Paloma Picasso
Fendi

Diva Fragrance Reviews

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

My beloved Fendi lives!!!!! OMG this smells almost identical to Fendi!!! I wore Fendi for years and when they discontinued it, I WAS HORRIFIED. Now I can re-live my wonderful years and memories with scent again. Thanks Diva for making my life wonderful ONCE AGAIN!!!! IM A HAPPY GIRL NOW!!!

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

This is NOT outdated, it is NOT old lady smell rather it is timeless, powerful, it is worthy of red lipstick and high heels. It defines a woman with class and it smells like million dollars. Very feminine and bold but chic also , a woman in her 30s being successful. For me is love at first smell. It reminds of old time prosperity and opulence.I have smelled outdated perfumes like dana-tabu but this is sooo much different.It is retro because of the luxury that it emits.A gem.
I understand that people that have smelled the first edition will never like anything else,but for us smelling it the first time, we can appreciate it differently.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

There are no scents I adore more than the rich, succulent, all out big frags of all scents 90's and before, but.. I have such mixed feelings about Diva because the head and heart notes are sharp and harsh on me. I smell much more bergamot, cardamom and coriander than rose; this blend carries a dry, masculine aura which does not jibe with the name "Diva". If this is a diva, I imagine her to be menacingly overweight with coal black hair pulled back in a severe bun wearing garish makeup, and though her voice is magical, even divine, she is hard to like as she comes across as ruthless and mean. This frag reminds me of an unforgiving, pushy, demanding, austere personality, no traits I am fond of or fitting to me. It is a cold scent; rude and crass. Perhaps "Dom", "Shove", or "Austere" may have been a more fitting name. The EDP is hard, so I tried the EDT which is unfortunately no better, only a tad less of a mean punch in the nose; a sharp, masculine deodorant. This "Diva" is aggressive, and not in a good, admirable or sexy way.

There is something I do like about this fragrance but cannot figure out what. A decent hint of a fabulous rose does make an attempt to bud occasionally but not enough to matter. Sold to Ferragamo who apparently ripped that perfect rose right out of the ground, though I barely detected rose or any other lovely note in my vintage EDP. Overall, it still has a sharp and ominously serious feel to me. It does smell very much like Fendi (Fendi) which I have no care for at all, though there is something I almost like about Diva if I could only figure out what! Maybe simply knowing this is one of "those" vintage frags nothing will ever be like again? Even so, that is not enough to make me want to wear this scent. *perplexed*

It is a rough fragrance and I do not imagine a beautiful, confident, composed, goddess-like woman when I smell it. This is the awful, stern, aloof, controlling headmistress at a girl's school. I am so sorry I smell no "Diva" as per my interpretation of what a diva is. Ungaro's Diva smells mean and bully-ish on me and to me. A few more tries with no success and mine will be up for sale. I hope I do not have to remove this mean person from my house. She/he/it better settle down and become even a tiny bit sweeter, more likeable fast, or.... Diva dismissed.

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

Diva Emanuel Ungaro for women is a gorgeous Italian fragrance. The notes are different on paper, but it does remind me of Luciano Soprani Strass for women and Luciano Soprani for women (discontinued).

Diva was supposedly a favorite or the signature fragrance of Sophia Loren.

I can totally understand that match. Diva and Sophia are both rich, decadent, feminine, and timeless.

The prominent rose in Diva is vivid and red, very different from a white floral. But the rose is tamed by citrus and wood, which gives this fragrance a dry, shimmering depth.

The EDP is potent and dries down to a scarlet bouquet sweetened with vanilla and sandalwood.

I have heard that this has been reformulated. But I think the current Diva (which I have and am reviewing here) has retained its classic, sophisticated beauty.

I love Paloma Picasso. Many reviewers say it is similar to Diva. I can sense a slight resemblance, but I find Paloma Picasso to be much darker and more animalic. It also lacks the hint of vanilla that sets off the powdery softness of Diva.

Diva also reminds me of Roberto Cavalli Oro for women.

I smell gorgeous roses,

siren civet,

coy coriander,

deep patchouli,

warm honey,

and elegant sandalwood.

Not to mention an earthy background of oakmoss.......

SUBLIME!!!!!!!!!!

paulie86
paulie86

I got this perfume for Christmas from by best friend in school. I didn't really know what to expect because i've only casually read about it in the past never thinking to pick it up. On first spray I was like this smells so familiar then it hit me it smells like Chanel Coco mixed with Givenchy Ysatis and a little Paloma Picasso thrown in for good measure. I can smell a deep red rose and sensual ylang-ylang covered in soft spices. Diva is sexy and in your face with an over dose of civet and honey. As Diva dries down it gets softer with more of the florals blooming and becomes a bit more calm and fresh. Diva is an extremely beautiful and elegant perfume. If you love rose based fragrances you'll most likely love Diva. Lasting power is good one or two spritzes is all you need and it lasts a good remainder of the day. I've worn this in the morning to the grocery store and have worn it to a dinner party and nights out I love that it can be dressed up or down. This bottle will last me forever but I would repurchase when it runs out I love it lol.

JoshuaCB
JoshuaCB

Diva really does smell similar to Fendi, but like one of the reviewers has stated below, there is more civet in Diva. I ordered a bottle, and had my mom test this with me. Fendi was her signature back in the late 1980's/'90's, and she agreed that Diva is a sister to it. I'm one of those kids from the '80's who never left the era, and those heavy rose chypres that were so Vogue back in those days are the perfumes that make me feel most at home these days. Simply put, those were wonderful times to grow up in, and the perfumes from that era will never be topped.

MisterCrazyLegs
MisterCrazyLegs

The edt,smells like straight up, rose...and doesn't last long. The original edp, is kinda jaw dropping with a thick, creamy rose, smothered in civet, and will last most of the day. It was my grandmother's sig' scent for about 25 yrs, before she switched to Le De (Givenchy). I miss her and the way she smelled. The edp is a "grand dame's" fragrance.

benpaul12
benpaul12

This smells about 90% like Fendi but with the civet a little stronger and to me, perhaps of higher quality.

Mum is going to love me this Christmas, it's under the tree for her after about 2 years of looking for an alternative!

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

TO DIE FOR! Must have been my lucky day as I stumbled upon a 50 ml bottle of vintage Ungaro Diva. At Ross. Filene'sBasement of the '' NameBrands For Less'' in the West-formula chains.

Diva has far surpassed all expectations; this perfume has that elusive combination and balance of ingredients I have been searching for some time now.Unwittingly, I am fleshing out that something along the lines Rose/oakmoss/civet/honey could possibly be the reoccuring vintage melody that keeps playing around my head.

Somewhere deep in my core,Ungaro Diva tricks my memory back to the glamorous world of the early 1960s, and my earliest scented memories. I remember my mother donning those elegant shifts with matching jackets and stiletto heels for special occasions.It was always one of those damp, grey leavless days that looked like late afternoon all day long. I remember sitting in the back seat of the car going to a holiday party. My parents smoking, making me carsick again and suddenly catching a whiff of the basenotes of oakmoss, civet in the fragrances of my mother, or my elegantly dressed European aunts.

In my opinion, Diva could be the most perfectly executed Chyrpe in a balance of ingredients I have yet encountered. It gets it's sweetness from honey, it is sparkling and intoxicates as does champagne. The rose is sublime-and I have a difficult time finding a rose that fits my chemistry and doesn't go bitter. I just can't get over the perfect balance of notes. The civet, oakmoss honey and rose are achingly beautiful, so in perfect harmony.

Ross, known lately for fragrances which have broke the record for the shortest amount of time from release date at Macy's to bargain basement. Multiple boxes of Bieber's K.Kardashian and Jordan Sparks, whoever. The last place I typically would find an example of the old fashioned Chypre school. Partially for comparison's sake, I purchased a 50 ml vintage. I wonder why this fragrance is relatively inexpensive to so many other comparable perfumes.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I never tried the vintage, but just got a new bottle, smells great. Rich floral chypre, opulent and classy.

Iris_it
Iris_it

Just received an old version of Diva EdP mini : gorgeous ! I am not particularly drown by roses but as I always say , there are exceptions when it comes to masterpieces . This is red and bright gold , oh ! I have just realized that those are the colors of the juice and label :-) and really makes you think of elegant long dresses . It is an intense,feminine ,rich , longlasting perfume and very smooth ,delicious honeyed light sweetness ... it is easy to wear for me as it is a real Beauty !

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

I have an older version of EdT and really like it. Just yesterday I received a full old version EDP in the box. Let me tell you.... it rock n rolls!! Beautifully ornate. Opens with sparkly rose/floral, fantastic amount of oakmoss... moves to honey and dense civet... mmmmmmmm Not for everyone, but wow, if you've got a hot date, wear this.

nanita99
nanita99

Un hermosa fragancia, cítrica y con enorme sillage,, incluso después del baño puedes percibirla, la compre por los reviews de su similitud con Fendi, tengo este perfume y no se parece en nada, pero es hermosa por derecho propio.

A very beautiful fragance, is not like Fendi, enormous sillage, very loud , a truly masterpiece. I love Fendi but Diva is special :)

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Aaah... This is s what I look for in a fragrance. Rich, sparkling, opulent! Slightly sweet & fizzy in the opening, like fresh cut fruit, aldehydes, green nuances, and then the florals come into play! Jasmine, ylang-ylang, narcissus, rose, carnation... There is where I stop trying to pick out the floral players, at this point the fragrance is very well balanced, at that perfect point of umami. Not too sweet, not too green, rich civet & woods, not TOO much of anything! Quite complex, a very "high perfume" in the classic sense. An opulent, sparkling balance that's very glamorous! It would feel out of place worn with a t-shirt & jeans, although I'd probably do it anyway. In my plain house clothes today, I suddenly feel as if I'm in a ball gown! Very sensuously aware, I can't stop sniffing my wrist. My sample, I have no idea if its vintage, or current, or if there's been a reformulation or its discontinued! One or the other seems likely, as its too mossy & bold for a current fragrance. They don't make them like this anymore! As of this moment, I know very little about this fragrance, other than Diva is very aptly named! Not a temperamental diva, she is all class, and complex layers that you're dying to get to get to know. A trilling laugh that lures you in, & hooks you! The base here I'm madly in love with. Civet, moss, sandalwood, and all of the delicious things that please me in quality. This will be a full bottle purchase for sure! I'm very thankful for the sample I was given, it has spawned a new fragrance love for me! If you love the "high perfume" classics, Diva is a must sniff! Speaking of, I must sniff again.. Delicious.. I can't wait to leave a beautiful trail of Diva in my wake! Look out, she's a bombshell!

boruvka44

Well, the reformulated version is a tragedy, for me it is. I love Diva for the strong natural smelling roses with strong woody oakmoss, for the velvety civet.
I just bought new bottle of EDP, according to the manufacture code its from 2010. The bottom label doesn´t say UNGARO anymore, but Ferragamo Parfums.
I almost don´t recognize the smell. There is barely any oakmoss, no civet and the sour rose smells like rosewater cosmetics. Bad news for me.
I could as well start buying flee market fake "Divas".
What an idea to sell Jacques Polge creation to some Ferragamo, the king of perfume losers

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

So unique!!!

elsie.oliveros
elsie.oliveros

I so wanted to like this fragrance: great reviews, beautiful bottle, found a great deal on a vintage perfume, love Ungaro as a designer, and, it's Sophia Loren's favorite! But, no..it just doesn't resonate with me. Too bad, it makes a statement and the sillage is enormous.
Update: I had my good friend try it, she loved it! It smells wonderful on her. It is now her signature scent.

jax mull
jax mull

Stunning fragrance, makes a statement long lasting and not to sweet . I am a perfume snob and have a really good nose, this is a definite. Lots of compliments wearing this one.

drugstore classics

My large EDP has just arrived in the mail, and given the fact that it now feels like my birthday ~ I can't wait any longer to share my joy!

Those who state that Diva is a tamed cat are correct. Without ever having smelled the original, I'm aware that a civet - heavy fragrance would be more intense than this. And yet....... there is a quelque chose here that is intoxicating and chic, both primitive and refined! Diva can still hold her own with the BEST ( especially now that they've all been reformulated * sigh *).

What do I smell? Coriander, patchouli, rose, honey, oakmoss, and more coriander. For me ~ a lovely surprise, as I adore coriander! It has a green freshness that surprises me, keeping the blend from becoming cloying or heavy. I can't believe how appropriate this feels. Rather comfortably compelling.....

So rather than lament her undoubted former glory, I'd rather celebrate the present ~ while she is still with us. I suggest Diva lovers buy another bottle soon, as I recently saw this perfume for sale in the discontinued section of a perfume shop!

FIVE stars

Leonore
Leonore

Emanuel Ungaro Diva was created by Jacques Polge and had his fingerprints marked all over it ~ not surprisingly! A stunning Italian Prima Donna with a great voice and a distinct Chanel vibe, it certainly made a lasting impression. I am so happy I've still got some of the original left. The latest offering (alas, drastically reformulated) is a pale, weak variation on the same theme. Lovely, beautifully balanced, still recognizably a former diva. But it's had its soul knocked out ~ no oakmoss, no civet, no resonance, no guts, no glory. Just a nice golden floral scent with a subdued voice and perfect manners.

glitterlust
glitterlust

Sadly, I don't know if this will grow on me. It reminds me so strongly of Azzaro Acteur and even though it is far softer and elegant in a wrist to wrist comparison I can't kick that association.

antfarm
antfarm

Diva has a split personality depending on how she is worn: dabbed vs. sprayed.

I used to wear this one sprayed onto a cotton ball and then dabbed on my wrists. The civet-rose-oakmoss combo would whisper sensuous, naughty things to me throughout the day like it was a secret just between us Diva-gals. It made me feel like draping myself in a transparent white sheet, standing on my desk, and publicly reclaiming the innate goddesshood of all women. As a Leo, I feel Diva is a very alpha female, Leo-y perfume.

When sprayed, Diva is a bit much. It reminds me of Blanche from Golden Girls because it's sassy, bold, and borderline tacky in an endearing "favorite aunt" kind of way. It is also very "of its time"--a huge '80s perfume with an "I am woman, hear me roar" kind of message.

Diva is probably my favorite rose perfume--one of the only roses I could ever wear without it smelling like perming solution with my chemistry.

fragrancelover
fragrancelover

Another heavy fragrance that smells heavenly in the bottle, but just does not work with my chemistry.

Jinjanoo
Jinjanoo

Lucky me finding ANOTHER perfume I now love. Thankyou fragrantica.

missymary
missymary

Diva is rose with a difference, it has mild rose sweetness, but what hits me immediately is the mature musky mossiness. I get honey there too, a lot like Elie Saab.

For 15 minutes it's quite strong [the EDP] but then it sinks abruptly to a very low-key softness. Reviews led me to thinking Diva is a real old bomb of sillage that lasts all day, but it's far less than that, and far more chypre and ladylike.

I'm guessing that this perfume has suffered from the banning of civet. It's like Mexican food with chilies left out. There's a manque quality to it,the feeling of a kick that should have been there, and has gone missing. Still nice though, and probably more to modern taste.

shannonny
shannonny

jtd wrote the best review for my money. I don't have her educated nose, so she told my story for me. (My Diva is an edp, glass-stoppered bottle. I apply it to a cotton ball first, then to myself.)

If I'm reading correctly, the edp is the better version over the edt, for softness and richness. I guess so: My Diva is like a liquer: redolent, vaporous, heady. It is also, in a way unexpectedly for its intensity, by far the rosiest in my small selection of scents.

I love, love rose. Rich, deep, dark rose, and jtd is so very right in saying that this is a dry, rosewood-type rose, rather than a fresh, green rose. Diva is like damask roses dipped in clover honey and fried gently in unsalted butter, then deglazed with Courvoisier VSOP--a gently spicy finish that keeps it from being over-voluptuous.

Put honey in a fragrance and my skin will zero in on it, and even create honey where there isn't any--this happens. Diva is all about the honey and rose for me. Hallelujah! (I don't pull the civet and ylang-ylang, which are easy enough to get elsewhere. But a rich, long-lasting rose can be an elusive little minx.)

Yes, do try first, I suppose, the edp if you can. In all its versions it does seem to be a divisive fragrance.

Longevity: My skin is a ravenous scent-eater, even when oiled or lotioned. Diva is my heaviest hitter, lasting up to four or five hours, which for me is huge. If scent lasts well on you, I would seriously just apply this with a cotton swab.
Sillage: Heavy, then arm's-length after an hour, close to skin at two hours. On me.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I had the pleasure of owning and enjoying a pre-formulated bottle of this Diva. Lush roses wrapped in oak-moss, a lovely carnation (normally a no-no note on me) dipped in honey on a bed of sumptuous amber.

Was she strong? Yes, but in a very good way. Was she 80s style? Yes, but in a classy and beautiful manner. *YUM* But every bottle has a last drop and sooner or later you'll reach it. So, when I saw this in a shop I decided to try it despite that I was told it's reformulated. It's Ungaro...surely he wouldn't murder his leading lady? Right?

Oh dear! I am soo sad! It's like they took an old school Hollywood Diva, stripped her of her designer clothes and banned her from starring in feature films to *star* in day-time soaps. On my skin it's a aldehyde one-note mess of strong perfume that smells a lot like Gloria Vanderbildt (Gloria smells MUCH better though!) Nothing is left to remind me of this unique and beautiful scent.

I must assume that the *reformulation* gang has murdered yet again another innocent and beautiful victim. A true star & Diva....If I can't find a pre-reformulated bottle...I shall miss her.

Diva really is the perfect name for this fragrance. The scent is bold, outrageous and dramatic. I have fondly named it, "the animalic peach".

If you don't like civet in either its natural or synthetic form, then you probably won't like Emanuel Ungaro's Diva. You also have to have a good appreciation of boozy peach, carnation, narcissus, oakmoss and aldehydes. We're talking classic 80's fragrances. However despite being around for a fair while, Diva still manages to carry a hefty price tag in Australian perfume stores. My guess is that Diva's fans still buy her and wear her with pride.

To my nose, it's like a revved up version of Guerlain's Mitsouko. But perhaps not as refined as Guerlain scents tend to be. The chypre element is there, however it's also on the fruity side of things. A strong hit of carnation and narcissus in the heart brings to mind fragrances like Chloe Narcisse and Paloma Picasso.

I'm drawn to this fragrance, although I'm a little tentative about wearing it. It's the kind of smell I associate with the older women in my life, and I mean that in the least offensive way. Maturity wise, I'm just not there yet.

The 80's was the era of heavy hitters, and Diva does not disappoint in regards to projection. I don't know much about reformulations, but from my experience with the most current version, it keeps with that old-school vibe. I'll be interested to see what its much anticipated flanker, Diva Rose, will be like.

More than likely those that lived during the 80's will know this fragrance well, but for those that didn't, give it chance. I did and I don't regret it.

grasslands
grasslands

I first came across Diva in the eighties as an Australian teenager holidaying in Sicily with my extended family. One of my snobby Sicilian cousins wore it, and I always associated it with her in a negative way. I don’t really remember what it smelled like, because I was having a love affair with the original Poison, but the bottle was prominently displayed on her dresser.

Anyway today I was at My Chemist and there was a lone bottle of the edt sitting on the shelf. I looked at the ingredients – oakmoss, tick - so I weighed up the reviews I had read against the memory of my cousin, and thankfully took the bottle home with me.

No doubt the edt I’ve got is nothing like the vintage edp. Even so I like this scent very much, and I don’t have the heart-break of knowing what it used to smell like. On me it’s a very powdery fruit-tinted rose and ylang with softened woods - matt and suede-like in texture. It’s not animalic at all, which for me is a good thing. It has a soft sillage with good longevity and I can imagine wearing it on a long work-day without having to touch up. I don’t think it was ever meant to be a work-day scent, but that’s the difference between the past and the present.

Part of the following is from my blog:

When I see sandalwood and iris listed as basenotes to a vintage scent, I really want to sample it. It’s likely that high quality ingredients were used, and that you won’t get something of this quality in a new scent unless you want to fork over $100 or so, if not a lot more (think Amouage, for example). What’s interesting is that when I’ve sampled new ones that are supposed to have such ingredients, I’ve been disappointed. There is usually a lack or richness or complexity, at the very least.

Ungaro’s Diva (1983), a “feminine” Jacques Polge creation, is the kind of scent I imagine being marketed today by a company like Amouage, though as unisex. The notes over at Fragrantica are given as:

“The opening is classic, floral with a citrusy note, which harmonizes with the note of tuberose. Ylang-ylang is mixed with a rose. The sweet and sensual finale is reached by the notes of vanilla, sandalwood and iris.”

Some have pointed out that this has a Coco by Chanel quality, in that prunol was used in large amounts (imparting a “dark” fruit quality). I found Coco (vintage) to have too much, with not enough of anything else of note to balance it out. When I took the cap off my vintage Diva bottle (it’s a spray bottle) I could smell the richness. There is also a very strong animalic quality, which seems like mostly civet. This is the kind of thing I thought I’d get from Musc Ravageur, which instead dries down on me to a very amber-dominant scent that is unbalanced and nothing special in any way.

What’s great about Diva is that the fruit and animalic elements are very strong yet they never become cloying or irritating in any way. The richness is amazing. This is something I have yet to encounter in any recent scent, designer or niche. On some level, Diva is a tamer version of vintage Kouros, with the fruit taking the place of Kouros’ honey. However, Diva has a bit of structure (which is actually a bit “masculine”) whereas Kouros often feels a bit like an olfactory jellyfish.

After two hours or so, the animalic/fruity aspects recede and other notes become more obvious. It really seemed like there was quite a bit of oakmoss here, so I went over to the Estonian site, because often they seem to have more complete note pyramids, and saw that oakmoss, vetiver, honey, opoponax, civet, and musk are also listed. The closest “masculine” scent I can think of is Iquitos, but that one is creamier and without the strong oakmoss. The iris gives Diva a drier and more “particulate” quality. This, along with some sandalwood, leads me to think I prefer Diva (as for “gender,” the drydowns are so close as to be interchangeable, IMO, in this context).

Though this is very strong and animalic, it never has that leaden quality I encountered with vintage Royal Copenhagen Cologne, for example. If you are an aficionado, grab a bottle on ebay before the prices get crazy, but I doubt if the new version is worth owning. The casual perfumer wearer will likely be overwhelmed by this one.

Croneangel
Croneangel

80's version: I'd be willing to hurt someone for it! (Well, almost!)Seriously, wish I could find it!
Newer version: Lost some depth, added some sharp edges. But you know, its still a lot of fun to wear! Shes LOUD, BOLD and when those honeyed roses rise up through the vapors.... she is DIVINE!
We all have friends like that, don't we? Usually they're too brash, but everyone loves them because they make you feel happy and they have a heart of gold! So it is with Diva. Its a friendship that I cherish.

olitunia
olitunia

What can I say? Only a true Diva can wear the Diva. The fragrance is a classic, it is heavy, it is "loud" and because of that I would not really recommend it for everybody.
I have enjoyed this scent a lot, it always lifted my moods and got me feeling all "dressed up", so if you have a good occasion to wear it - go for it.
As for a 20 year old, this scent was too much for me. I consider it to be much more approriate for a mature woman, and even being one, I would still hesitate before using it during the day. The sandalwood mixed with vanilla and iris is a super sweet but also an extremely heavy combination.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Definitely a "big" perfume. A real treasure and makes me happy to wear it. I can chime in with others comments about letting this grande dame sit a spell.

About 30 minutes in, it morphs into a deep honeyed rose. Very similar to Coco Chanel, vintage Coco that is! Deep, rich, feminine and sexy! Sillage is enormous and easily lasts 12+ hours.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I still have my bottle from 1985, and it still smells OK! This is a vibrant classic. A little goes a long way.

rithacha

Three years ago, I reviewed Diva here stating that it smelled exactly like cat urine. Now it ranks among my all-time favorite chypres. Possibly the stinker sample I swapped for was the recent EDT version--if you're considering Diva, please look for the vintage EDP in the rectangular bottle! It makes a world of difference, since I hear Diva has been butchered in reformulation.

What does Diva smell like, then? The opening is extremely retro. The initial sillage will fill the room (literally, this stuff is powerful) with bright aldehydes and spices. Diva's aldehyde topnote is bright and sparkling, rather than powdery and soapy. The bergamot and coriander lend cheerfully crisp definition to the diffusive aldehyde bomb.

Within half an hour, Diva settles down a little bit. The sillage goes from being a roomful to roughly two arms throw. Roses dominate Diva's heart. The rose note is not green, not bitter, not jammy, not cooked. The rose smells fresh and ripe, made slightly creamy by tropical ylang ylang and hedonic jasmine. I imagine a field of enormous red cabbage roses, petals velvet-plush, fat dewdrops of honey veritably dripping off.

This beautiful rose is supported from underneath by a martini-dry chypre base. Lots of forest-at-night oakmoss, patchouli, and civet. Oakmoss lovers will not be disappointed. The chypre base is necessary and inevitable; its dry woodiness plays up the sweet ripeness of the rose beautifully.

As fadwa.daddou mentioned below, Diva shares Coco Chanel's spicy-rose opulence. I'd say it's the chypre counter-part to Coco's spicy oriental. Composed by the same nose, the wonderful Jacques Polge, one year before Coco was launched. In fact, Diva smells quite "Chanel-ish" with its balance and complexity.

Diva in the vintage EDP formulation is not pretty-- it's powerful and gorgeous. Not for everybody, but for me, Diva is one of those rare scents that I would describe as heart-breakingly beautiful.

fadwa.daddou
fadwa.daddou

It reminds me of coco chanel!!is there anyone who agree with me??

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Am I missing something here. What is exactly divarish about this scent? I bought it on a whim based on the combo of "rose chypre" which I ordinarily love or can at least appreciate. On me it came across as a synthetic 80's power scent - but I use the word "power" lightly, because it was not the sillage monster I had hoped it would be, but faded fairly quickly from my wrists. I'm not sure what notes I detected, something fairly sharp, floral and abrasive within the first 5 minutes, aldehydes and then a fairly quick exit...I will reserve my overrall judgement for my second spray, and if my mind changes I will come back and edit.

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

there are three perfumes i can live with my whole life if i can have them in unlimited supply: Vintage Eau Sauvage, Nombre Noir, and Cuiron.

Nombre Noir is so beautiful that even if one fragrance can be 5% like it, it qualifies for being a quality one. In my opinion, DIVA is at least 10% like Nombre Noir if you can find vintage version. Any DIVA batch from or before 2004 is a good bet. latest version seems pretty thin.

nyoka
nyoka

Im wearing this today and have decided to swap it.It starts out a soft woody musky scent.Later it evolves into pure powder on me.I not saying that is bad but,my husband said I smelled like Ponds cold cream.That was the deciding factor.OH

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

First spritz was a real nightmare to me! It smelled like the cheap aftershave that our delivery guy wears all the time. It took only a minute to settle though. Thank God! You really have to let that one settle down a bit if you have dry skin like me. It is not for everyone that is for certain. The "people who like this also like..." list is very accurate in this case. If you do not like early 80s power fragrances, STAY AWAY!! I also agree that it does smell a little like soir de lune, but as if someone had tried to replicate it with all slightly cheaper ingredients somehow. There is no way this could be mistaken for soir de lune because the civet is much too strong. Sadly, it does not work too well with my body chemistry and our dry climate. I think warm skin and humid weather would bring the warmth out of this one much better. I really respect this fragrance but I am not sure I will keep it. Others have described it way better than I did. I'll come back for an EDIT after I get the final drydown....

this was for the Eau de toilette. Is there an eau de parfum as well?

I don't know if I can wait that long... it is burning my eyes! so sad...

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is one which would never have crossed my radar had zosoroxy not sent it in a swap. (Thanks!!) I am most impressed. At first dab my immediate thought was "big floral" and after having let it dry down for a while I came to Fragrantica to put in my review. And wow! look at that bottle, just over-the-top gorgeous. And further down ...created in 1983. I should have guessed. It is a "typical" 80's floral, with lots of notes and a big "I am Woman" boast. I would only wear this at night, it is very powerful sillage-wise and with good longevity.

I can't detect the bitterness of oakmoss in this - to me it is a very nicely blended floral, not even the rose dominates, nor the jasmine thank goodness. No wonder this has survived the test of time, albeit with reformulations, it's a classic.

Migalex
Migalex

I wore the EDT lots of times and never anyone commented on it. Never mind, I find it really good and even exciting and really enjoy wearing it. This is a really nice scent. I find it very similar to Paloma Picasso EDT, maybe a bit more floral. It is also similar to La Perla and Magie Noire. To Knowing I do not find it similar, unlike other people. Differently from those four perfumes, knowing smells very much of coriander, which I actually love. Back to Diva, it is a really special scent, pleasant, sexy, complex, different, and with a very special texture, ethereal and metalic at the same time. To me it is the best Jacques Polges's creation. And another good thing, you can get it quite cheap.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

I just received a tester that I ordered from an online merchant. If I didn't know that they were reputable I would suspect that somebody pulled a switcheroo. Have I been bamboozled or did they change the formula that much? Smells noticeably different from the mini I had back in 1990. Not to say that I don't think it is splendid. It is more contemporary in that it is not the loud, opulent scent that helped define the 80s. The volume is turned down, the rose more tender. Like an opening bud as opposed to a prize winning bloom.

There are some who may like this version more, if only because it is more wearable. You don't need to reserve it for evening wear only. For this reason, I think I like it better. I just don't understand why they didn't release this as a flanker to the original. hey could have called it "Apprentice" or "Opening Act" but "Diva"? No.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I bought this unsniffed as the notes were almost identical to my favourite Valentino Vendetta and Red Door however there is something slightly too green and dryly herbal in this to work well on me - please don't let this deter you though as it is a beautiful scent which may work wonderfully on the right chemistry. Amazingly 80's bottle like a cut lead crystal whisky decanter.

meg1969
meg1969

I bought this reformulated EdP unsniffed as I had fond memories of the original. I agree with other reviewers that the voluptuousness now has a new sharp screechy quality. The scent still has real artistry in the composition, but I feel like the current version is just a cheap craft fair imitation of the genuine article. If you are buying this fume for nostalgia's sake, save yourself some disappointment and try to get the vintage formulation. I am guessing the manufacturer cheaped out and replaced a more expensive, quality element with something less expensive.The new EdP is not the same. Sigh.

puppynose

I'm revising my revised review- which I've left below as separate from this revision. Sadly, there appear to be a few versions Diva. The edp alone has been reformulated twice, each time to it's greater demise. I have now invested in my obsessive quest an absurd amount of time and money. I have edp from current formulation and don't care for it- it has a strong bitter raspy harsh high aldehyde note and lacks the smooth beauty complexity and balance of the oldest formula. I have some older but not oldest stock of edp which is more near to the original old formula but still a tad off balance lacking the smooth soft honeyed depth and containing a bit of the nearly raspy pungent note which is chokingly harsh and strong in the newest formula. I have also what I believe is the original/oldest formulation edp. Generally this comes in glass stoppered non-spray bottles. It has an incomparable beauty grace and perfection in it's balance and impeccable quality ingredients, recognizable honeyed rose absent in newest formulas and faint in semi-new formula. The oldest formula honeyed rose aspect seems to be more than phenylacetic acid though I believe that's an important part of it. I obtained genuine perfume extrait and find it is nearly the same structue as the original edp, smooth as silk but a tad less honeyed. As I already noted the edt is entirely different in structure- the hidious screechy note dominates and offends, it is not the same note as the "bitter-pungent" note found in newer edp. The edt note is screechy sharp, a bit sour, fork in the sinus hidious. The newer edp note-the "bitter" note is dry, a little scratchy, has an almost pungent green oak moss feel to it, which is not deep or base, sort of middle note. and it could have been a decent component if used in relatively smaller proportions. I'll continue to seek well cared for bottles of vintage edp and extrait. I suspect it would be futile and disappointing to seek vintage edt- I don't know if it even exited as an edt until recently.

melancholybaby

I have reviewed this fragrance before (see FAR below) and it is one of my all-time favorites. What I wanted to add, this time, was a comparison between the EdP and the EdT .

The EdP is the one that is most usually sold, and it is the iconic floral chypre that I adore; warm, sexy, with excellent sillage and longevity. However, it is a fragrance that announces itself, and one that I do not usually include in my summer rotation.

The EdT has an opening that is not like the EdP; there is a more fruity note, which lasts about 30 minutes. After that, the drydown is remarkably like the EdP, however, it is very close to the skin, and much lighter, softer . Longevity is acceptable for an EdT.

Will likely keep both in my wardrobe for ages to come!

laura_0674
laura_0674

Great classic, elegant perfume with excellent sillage and long lasting. It resembles with 24 faubourg, but it's stronger, powerfull. Use it carrefully to avoid headache! i loooooove it!

gazelle
gazelle

Waited too long to buy Diva. I think I have the reformulation because it is not the Symphony others describe. On me, it smells just like Madame Rochas all the way to just before the lingering note!. That's not bad because I like them both, but I could have bought Arpege-or has that one been reformulated since the mid-60's when I last enjoyed it?

delara
delara

wonderful scent , but impossible to find in my city in North Italy

rafaella
rafaella

for me this is the smell of communism. i lived 10 years and a half on that hard times and this is how a lady used to smell. i am not against the old fashioned fragrances or vintages, but this one needs very harsh modifications. it smels like a body spray from communism times bought from some cheap shop or insects spray. i do not say that is very bad, but only a lady of 60s+ can wear this. no offence, girls, this is only my humble opinion!...

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Totally agree with Sassy1. When I think I liked this one in the early '90s! Either my taste has changed (dramatically) which I doubt because I still like many perfumes of that time, or it has been reformulated, but now I can't stand it. There is a note in it which I find extremely disturbing. I can't identify what, because looking at the composition, there is nothing wrong. Maybe it's the way it's (re-)mixed, or they are hiding something. Btw, Ungaro perfumes belong now to the Ferragamo brand.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I really thought this one could be wonderful but it is not even close to what I was hoping.

The top, fingernail polish or varnish. Then soapy roses. It lasts and lasts with a cheap smelling synthetic that stifles the senses.

Nothing like First and it is similar to Senso and Apercu (without the cinammon) Can't stand either of them either.

I usually really like 80's scents, but not the current version of Diva.

Scrub, rinse, repeat.

SheShe
SheShe

Diva is a fragrance from the 80's and you can straightly tell it is vintage type. This Diva is impressive indeed, noticeable, rich, high society position and a hint of sweetness, sadness. Aldehydes to be sniffed in the first place. Not my cup of tea, may be liked though.

lapurrla
lapurrla

One of my vintage minis should never be used again. It's gone off or it's been topped up with water or another perfume. The real Diva is a rich, opulent fragrance. Now this is a powerhouse perfume! For making a statement, this is what I'll turn to. Maybe that statement will be get your oxygen masks out (if I apply too much).

boruvka44

Woody floral chypre in a lovely bottle. I read Sophia Loren and Sophie Marceau use to wear Diva (to me this scent is absolutely Loren in the movie Marriage Italian Style:)
It's like a lady in soft flannel nightdress, with sexy lingerie underneath.
Fresh rose, rose wood, velvety civet, oakmoss, honeycomb, carnation, aldehydes and orange. Sunny, warm, elegant fragrance. The italian style is detectable and even though it came out in 80's, I still think Ungaro paid a tribute to italian divas of the 50-60's.
More feminine, less woody and sweeter Cabaret.

Being a perfume lover who rolls his eyes at gender-biased marketing, I was very interested to smell THIS particular perfume...not only for the name itself, but to see what all the hubbub was about. I often do reviews in batches of four or five (using strategically placed areas far away enough that the aromas do not interfere with each other) and had planned to review DIVA last, the other day. When I sprayed it on I was confounded by its complexity and enthralled by its deep beauty. I would have to do a full wearing on this one to "get" all of her facets and capture her essence in words. I DID do a full wearing, the very next day, yet could not capture just what it was I was feeling as I wore it. So today...

DIVA takes the stage, amid flashing lights of mandarin and bergamot. She saunters sexily (coriander and cardamom) towards the microphone. She is aglow with aldehydes as she greets her fans, taking away their breath with her beauty and beginning with a naughty little number as her voice (sexy and softly seductive as tuberose) floats over the crowd. As the performance gets underway she does all her old hits: love songs (roses and jasmine), songs of unrequited love (geranium), warm happy songs (ylang) and sweet songs of innocence (narcissus). After many costume changes and lots of cheers she descends from above the stage throwing roses (red and full) to her fans...raining their creamy silky petals down on them, letting them know she loves them as much (if not more) than they love her. Diva lives for adoration, the show and the spectacle...but underneath she is a woman with the same needs as everyone else. She just wants to love and be loved. She is not like the new "flash in the pan" acts who seduce their fans with high skirts and low-cut tops and lots of suggestive lyrics...NO SIR! SHE is a class act who keeps some mystery about her, she is sexy and saucy, yet strong and grounded. She makes them want her by giving it all (on stage) but showing more of the sensuality within than without. Some call her a "has-been" or old fashioned...I call her a true star, a wonder and she has truly earned her name!! The crowd chants her name "DI-VA! DI-VA!! DI-VA!!!". She is tired, nearly spent...but her fans and their love give her a second wind. She returns to the darkened stage...a single spotlight (iris in color) shines on her and she is dressed in a costume that is vaguely oriental. She is covered in sweat, but as the flames begin to dance over the crowd she breaks into an soul-stirring song that is at once full of love and achingly poignant, as her honeyed sweet words reach the hearts of all around. Her voice is drier now, and she sings of memories of moss blowing in old trees and how her mother meant so much to her and all she ever wanted to do was make her proud! As the final encore ends, she leaves the stage to whistles and shouts and heads to her dressing room. Flowers are still hitting the stage from adoring fans. She is in her dressing room, showered make-up off and dons just a bit of her favorite perfumed oil, as she sits and looks in the mirror. She smiles and says to herself: "You STILL got it Girl!" and grabs her coat to leave. Tomorrow she has to do it all over again...

Sillage: Excellent
Longevity: Amazing
Overall: 4.5/5

If Diva means "goddess" (ie: one who is revered, eternal and powerful), then this perfume has earned its name, for sure! She is more than just some combination of notes and nuances...she is artful, articulate and truly amazing! She may have come around almost forty years ago, but she is no "granny" perfume. She is still sexy, still enchanting and nowhere NEAR dated. I hope she keeps on rocking for a long time to come!!

jtd
jtd

I owe Diva a bit of an apology. It's a heavy rose chypre, an era-specific genre (70s-80s) that I love. In the past I've noted that I like some of Diva's cohorts more than Diva. (Paloma, Knowing, Scherrer, La Perla.) I've tended to point to what I find 'off' in Diva. Too much honey sweetness, not enough green, a bit soft for a chypre.

Well, on reflection, I was wrong. When I see Diva as a hybrid rose chypre/oriental, it comes beautifully into focus. What I used to see as a simple honey sweetness I now recognize as a wonderfully sweet, waxy-honeycomb scent that connects the heartnotes to the spicy amber drydown in a rather lavishly paced transition. I used to want more brash green with more patchouli and moss in the drydown. What was wrong with me? While there is an identifiably chypric drydown, the amber emphasis is both comfortable and stirring.

A few other bits make Diva's evolution so interesting to keep tuning in to. Right from the top there is an identifiable rose, but it is woody rather than green or dewy or brightly 'floral.' It calls to mind both rose and rosewood. And there's a slightly acerbic note that balances the honey and ties it to the dry spiciness that lasts through the entirety of Diva's drydown. Also, while I still hold that Diva is a rose chypre, there is an indolic note that suggests white flowers and keeps the rose from reading as strictly dark as in Scherrer or La Perla.

cinsot
cinsot

Very few perfumes have succeeded in "moving me" (on a soul level) over the years. The ones that have literally stopped me in my tracks all seem to share that aldehydic (is that even a word?) bridge. Like those gut-wrenching renditions of your favourite power ballads performed in front of the bathroom mirror. Yeah! Like that!

Something about Diva moves me and if life was a musical I would be bursting into song right about now.

Unabashed eighties opulence. Diva reeks of carnation and narcissus in alluring fashion. She IS that stereotypical immaculately dressed overly made-up Goddess wearing plastic clip-on earrings, but my goodness, this woman rocks the room.

She owns her space, and those of us brave enough to venture nearer, she changes us for the better. She shares her light.

Thank you to all Diva's fans for sharing the love to date as I acquired this beauteous EDP blind based on
your praise.

sistertricked
sistertricked

at sheridanellis

no, it is not similar to senso by ungaro. I once smelled it from the bottle and it reminded me of joop femme, it's in that style

nada
nada

can anyone compare this to First? I love first but never tried DIVA, it seems very tempting from description..

L'Homme Vert
L'Homme Vert

Another Jacques Polge masterpiece from the gloriously excessive 80's, the eau de parfum contains just about every note known to modern perfumery. Jean Carles did this with TABU, a huge success for 'Dana' & still going strong for nearly eighty years. With 'DIVA' I keep at least a couple of bottles tucked away, you just never know they could pull the plug on this beauty at any time, Heaven forbid. Sure it's outrageously loud, that's the objective with this powerhouse tuberose dominated fragrance from 'Ungaro'. *DIVA* is simply "D-I-V-I-N-E", go on and treat yourself, for the price you can't go wrong & stock up while it's still readily available. A classic perfume of timeless integrity, beauty & strength !
UPDATE Dec 2011
Recently purchased 2 bottles of the eau de parfum and detected a trimmer/thinner formula as opposed to the previous supply obtained last year, this batch is less opulent and lacks that 80's richness I've come to love over the intervening years. It really is the time to stock up now folks !

vaiduakhu
vaiduakhu

Very similar to La Perla. I would be in cloud 9 if I haven't used La Perla before. It's really good but no surprise for me.

puppynose

I'm revising my review here as I have thankfully found that the consistently beautiful edp can still (crossing fingers) be reliably obtained from several reputable sources. Anyone who thinks this has been ruined by reformulation has probably made their erroneous conclusion based on smelling the edt after having loved the incomparable edp. I made that error myself. I didn't realize that had mistakenly ordered the edt after having decided (based on the edp) that I must begin stocking up so that if it ever does disappear, I'll have a "back up" supply. The item arrived and I still didn't notice it was the edt. That shouldn't be a big deal, right? Ha! Sure, I could just put on more edt to achieve the same effect as the edp, right? WRONG! WAAAAAAH! I hated it! It's not just lacking the deep round oaken animalic honeyed accord, but-and this is the deal breaker-it has a painfully sharp screechy note that doesn't fade until the the last trace of the scent is gone. That note screeches so loudly as to nearly drown out the lovely flowers that still manage to quietly sing in harmony while faintly the apparition of the hauntingly beautiful chypre base whispers her own sad and mournful ghost tale.

olga1780

Now I know i can't entirely trust my nose.......a while ago i said that Diva is not as loud as some other perfumes from the same family. Today I sprayed 4 times ( not my usual 6) and for at least 3 hours I felt like i was surrounded by the thick cloud of perfume ( which is exactly what i love!) An now, 6 hours later it is still there very noticeable.
Now I love it even more!!!!

I find Diva worn the best with black or red outfit and bright lipstick.

Singabera
Singabera

I don't divide perfumes by the ages of their's users, but that one is really "old" for me. I'm 26 and I do wear Chanel №5 and №19, Miss Dior, and I don't think that they are for the old ladies... But that one is really old - fashioned, not suits to a young girl.

linkypinky
linkypinky

[Off topic] Wow! This is such a beautiful bottle! They don't make them like this today. Silly as it is it can actually make me buy the perfume :)

NATALIA LORENZO
NATALIA LORENZO

unfortunately new diva has nothing to do with the original one. this reformulaed scent is horrible.
a disaster for old diva's users.

This is a much too strong scent that goes in the "80s direction" like Giorgio Beverly Hills Yellow or "First". Not my thing at all. Very nauseating and disturbing.

Paula Mendes
Paula Mendes

Marcante, profundo, sensual. Perfeito para ocasiões muito especiais. É um dos meus perfumes prediletos desde a adolescência, embora não seja um perfume para jovens, sempre adorei Diva. Tenho um frasco de 100 ml, como ele é muito forte, deve ser usado com parcimônia, recomendo a compra do frasco menor, pois com o tempo os perfumes em geral perdem suas principais características.

olga1780

I can't believe i missed out on this beauty for so long! No wonder Diva survived through 20+ years of perfumery evolution. This is a gorgeous floral aldehyde that belongs on the same shelf with First and Joy. But I think Diva is not as formal and the least loud among the 3. To me Diva has more of a naughty femme fatale personality.
Absolutely love it!

truffles
truffles

Ooooooooooh! I got my 50EDP of this just now in the post. At first sniff my heart sank and I thought 'oh not another one of these'. Not that it was bad but I don't really have a space for another Magie Noire/'mature sexy lady' perfume.
HowEVER..... just a few minutes into the wearing and this has totally TRANSFORMED. It is now something light, elegant, unique and has a big hit of ROSES!
I am really really pleased with this blind buy and surprised by this fragrance.
Although this perfume was created in the early 80s, it does not smell dated at all to me. It is timeless. Just beautiful. If you like quality perfumes that are very feminine but also a little bit different - something you will not smell out and about very often - go for this one. :)
ps. this is not as spicy/oriental as Paloma Picasso..
pps. I'm afraid that, in common with guest lola, this one fades quite fast on me :(. Still love it though!

Ohkit
Ohkit

My mother's signature perfume, Diva is one of a kind. A bit too strong at first, but seductive and erotic after an hour or so. It's the epitome of feminity, in my opinion.

Marvella
Marvella

IMO one of most beautiful scents from the eighties.For very confident and like to be noticed women. The wonderful bouquet of flowers.The dry-down is powdery and soft,nothing dirty in it.
Very feminine,strong,sensual composition.Bold and sexy.Ideal for winter.I use it sparingly,'cause a little one squirt of Diva is enough.I love it.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Diva is perfume with a capital "P". An '80's powerhouse. She has a commanding presence, very womanly and mature, but dated IMO.

I remember being a coatcheck girl in the 1980's at an upscale 4-star French restaurant called Le Cirque, and smelling this fragrance on some of the fur coats I attended to. (BTW, I don't wear fur, and am a vegetarian.) This is one strong perfume - perfume to the max! I sometimes felt I needed to wear an oxygen mask in the coatroom!

Diva's florals are very strong, with rose dominating. Mixed with the civet, she is a "dirty rose", to my nose, and reminds me of rose potpourri. Diva's definitely not an everyday scent, she's only appropriate for an evening out on the town. Diva's sexy, but she's too heavy for me to wear, and she makes me feel nauseous (sorry, Diva!).

kittensforme
kittensforme

I'm totally addicted to DIVA PARFUM (have worn it since @ 1985 and would do without food, clothes and shoes to have it. Smells so CLEAN and simply makes me happy. I'm worried, however, because I can't find it at Nordstrom's, Neiman's, or SAKS, etc. Ordered some online, but it seems not as rich as that I've gotten directly from the stores. Anyone else noticed this? Is there someplace either on the bottle or box that gives the date? Husband swears it's mosquito spray but I pay no attention.

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Review edp)

Diva is the 80's Queen. I love 80's and I have many fragrances of that decade. I feel Diva's scent is between Joop Femme and Beautiful by Estee lauder, and also shares some similarities with Ysatis by Givenchy. All this fragrances were created after Diva, and I think Diva is still the best of all.

Please stop comparing this, with the overwhelming and impossible to wear Paloma Picasso. Even the edp isn't as intense as paloma. I do not like Paloma, nor I ever liked it, but I do like Diva.

The bottle is gorgeous, truly DIVA-like!

blueberry
blueberry

Lovely, classy, elegant, powerful, feminine, lady-like, sophisticated, one of the best, well-blended chypre florals (I don't get any 'dirt' notes as in the case of some chypres). EDP is very long lasting. All in all: PERFETTO!
UPDATE: Only for elegant attire!
UPDATE 2: The only drawback is that wearing this fragrance makes me feel older than I really am, and this is not about maturity, but simply age. I do not recommend it without prior tests.

nshyng
nshyng

It's very powerful,a dab of Diva will do. I think it's an mature scent for me,but I'm glad I added it to my collection.

rosabell
rosabell

This is a great lady-like scent is the line of Y by YSL and other true classics. Bitter-sweet, melodramatic and cultural. Not for the faint of heart.

Fo those of you who are under 30 , these are decent sillage and longevity. :)

emilica

my favourite one! i was looking for it so long and now i am very happy to have it. lovely! i feel like a real DIVA! thanks EMANUEL UNGARO!!!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a really lovely scent. I have never smelled it before today when I received it as a blind buy. Being a teen in the 80's, I have a penchant for the 80's style of scents but I would say this is pretty timeless actually. It is transparent and not overly powdery or sweet, I have Ysatis and Theo Fennell and this feels a bit like a mixture of the two. In fact I'd wonder if Theo Fennell didn't rip this one off a bit?? I find this easy to wear, sexy and feminine. Well, it is Jaques Polge and his creations are a bit out of my league nowadays! After the initial aldehydic and citrus blast, the rose is the star of the show- yes, a somehow delicious yet not 'gourmand' rose - sexy Turkish Delight comes to mind. Fabulous in the snow at this time of year.

fenlady
fenlady

A truly gorgeous scent! A grown-up, elegant star of a scent, worthy of its name! I didn't wear it in the 80s, but decided to try it recently on the strength of great review, and I wasn't disappointed. I now have a full bottle, but it won't stay that way for long, as I find myself turning more and more often to this intoxicating floral-incense-spicy perfume. Long may it stay in production!

guest_robijei
guest_robijei

I can not find anywhere DIVA bath and shower gel!!! I'm a desperate italian woman!!

adele l
adele l

Diva is very loud and very 80s! It has the same perfume/shaving cream accord I get in Paloma Picasso but it's very clean and not unpleasant. Thank goodness because the opening was very dirty on me(civet?). Diva as a name is very apt!

lizzykay
lizzykay

Great classic! Lovely staying power but not overpowering. No one else has mentioned it but I really get anise and pepper in the first hour or so along with the lovely floral.It changes over hours depending on the weather but never "dirty" on me. Love it.

cisco
cisco

Just received my Diva EDP today and must say "this lady is not shy"! She proclaims her scent from the rooftop. This is not a fragrance for the faint of heart. I love it because it is bold and has terrific staying power. Diva is a perfect name for this gem.

Unfortunately, my Diva is without her grand fan because she is a tester. She still has plenty of attitude though. She is loud and she is proud!

janudy
janudy

This smells so much like L'arte de Gucci on my skin--I can't believe it. The opening is more harsh, due in part to the aldehydic opening, but the dry down is very similar to the dark, spicy rose of L'arte de Gucci. I will definitely buy this once my decant of Gucci is gone.

It has a lot in common with Fendi Classic EDP and since that one is soo hard to get!

Nicole79
Nicole79

..Good news fragranticas !
Diva is back on the shelves !!! Just saw it today ...EDP , EDT , Body lotion , etc .

I tried edp and it smells lovely , not as strong as i thought , remembers me Coco style a little , but hey , of course it does as the nose behind it is Mr . Polge !
Very classic , feminine , rich , flowery , not overwhelming at all , perfect for a classy - sexy woman !
It has nothing "dirty" to it , it's just a perfect !

melancholybaby

For years, this was my signature scent, and indeed almost my only fragrance...and although my collection has significantly expanded, it is still one of the few that has remained a constant, and the one which I will never run out of. It is wonderful, well-rounded, wearable in most weather and circumstances, not for the faint and demure, but certainly a statement without the overly brash and loud characteristics of so many fragrances, especially those of that era. A truly wonderful, feminine, elegant scent!

Manna
Manna

This is a wonderful fragrance that gets very very different and interesting if it's average temp and raining. Great for colder days, too. It doesn't stop smelling at some point like so many fragrances, it changes with hours passing and lingers beautifully on clothes and skin. It only needs humidity to shine in full.

guest_JJ
guest_JJ

My one and only favourite ever since it came out. Although I have tried all the classics, I always returned to DIVA and indeed, the only perfume I get comments to.....delicious!

efm
efm

This hasn't been available in Australia for years. I finally overcame my resistance to buying perfume on-line so I could find my old friend Diva. I was very wary of dodgy knock-offs. By using the stores that list with Frag, I was more confident of getting the real thing.

I am not disappointed. Diva is all she was. I loved the 80's in all its excess, confidence and frippery. Diva matched the mood then and is a positive mood enhancer today. Forceful, feminine, earthy. A very fond reunion.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

I got this when I was in my early teens and it is out of this world, a UFO of wonderment that it brought to me. My first and most favourite fragrance in the whole wide world. Very 'Libra'.

Sissi
Sissi

Impressive just impressive if you want to make an impression this perfume is for you. the aldehydes the cinnamon
and i can pick up some incense and with
it's stately bottle design and bold red
label says it all. an 80's high powered bussiness executive wearing a white italian bussiness suit heavy gold jewelry thick gold round earrings 4 inch bleck stellto heals hair fashioned
like brigette nielson kind of a woman.
this perfume is for women with strong
style sense and Confidence not for the meek.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Diva is vase with flowers, the kind of flowers which absorb the air in the room, and makes you open the window. Not like the flowers you’ve smelled lately, it is ancient carnation, ancient rose, ancient jasmine. Like the one that sinked on the bottom of the ocean with Titanic, in golden saloon with marble floor and velvet curtains. Thick as honey syrup. Golden as the sea when first sun beams arise from ocean.

Diva is a lady heading for the opening of La Traviata in fur coat and smaragd earrings. Decisive and superior. Charming and humble. Wraped in Olimp smell of Greek goddess, liqueur, oak and vanilla. Long lasting and capturing. The smell of years that passed.

Diva reminds me on our dear Chat, both for the smell and the name.

guest_Lola
guest_Lola

I have read all the comments about DIVA and found it so amusing that some find it to be the most wonderful perfume ever, while others are totally turned off by it. My daughter wears it and it smells heavenly on her, but when I have tried it, it fades totally away in a matter of minutes. I wanted so badly for it to smell on me like it did her. It wasn't offensive on me...it just quickly faded away.

lucianasalem
lucianasalem

Rarely I had so many expectations about a perfume ... disappointment! In my skin was like...urine.I agree with rithacha: chemistry is a capricious thing.

Persephone
Persephone

My new found crush! I recently found out that I can't keep my hands away from the bottle of Diva EDP. On me it smells like a delicious rose confiture without being overly fruity or foody. If I loved the gourmand category at all, this perfume creation would be the perfect example of how the true gourmand should be done - without any actual foody notes in it. Complex, impressive structure and excellent sillage for such an affordable fragrance, can't beat that!

rithacha

Diva *actually* smelled like urine on me. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest. I used to be mystified when others reported some perfume smelling like "cat pee" or "used diaper" on their skin, but now I know what they mean.

I wouldn't call something a "port-a-potty" smell if I didn't mean it, and Diva is genuinely that on my skin. Skin chemistry is a capricious thing, so try before you buy!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Way too strong, heavy, and busy for me....Smells dirty, thanks to patchouli and civet- a dirty floral, as opposed to a sharp one. I wish I could give better reasons for why I dislike this, but I want to be polite...

Please try before you buy-I had a sample of this and I know a scent is bad for me when I don't want to test it a second time-or even continue wearing it as an experiment....

Sugar419
Sugar419

I think this perfume smells divine. It does remind me a bit of Paloma Picasso as someone before me said...but it's a bit more floral. I love the middle notes the most, but the fragrance to me is sublime from the fresh spritz to the drydown. LOVE IT.

Amarilia
Amarilia

Very classic, kind of retro-chic and lady like fragrance.
Diva is a good substitute of long discontinued Gucci no.3 which I used to wear a long time ago.
Im so glad that some great classics remain quite unchanged. A real gem to treasure!For true Femmes only!

guest_Noelia
guest_Noelia

It's a great classic perfume!It reminds me a lot Paloma Picasso perfume!

A jammy rose with oriental markings. First on, I get mostly rose, but a faint powder note creeps in, smelling like new face powder, and adds a hint of sophistication. I'm not a huge rose fan, though I like the scent, but this is complicated enough to be rather delicious. It does not smell dated in any way. Elgab89's seven veils simile is great: it's a sexy but diaphanous--and very feminine--dance of fragrance.

Belladonna
Belladonna

I went overboard spraying myself with the Diva tester bottle. It smells very nice right out of the bottle. Lots of big floral, like gentle curves - never sharp. It made me happy to smell like a cheerful bouquet of flowers. When I got home my son told me it smelled nice but a bit too mature. (I’m trying to avoid using the other clichéd term.)

suemaxster
suemaxster

This is the most commented on perfume I wear - always complimented and asked "what are you wearing".

linden tree
linden tree

i've just buy it.it's very intriguing an versatile.interesting perfume!in chanel style.beautifull rose!

elgab89
elgab89

A stunning classic, I hope it will stay on the market for a long, long time. It starts with uplifting aldehydes, tuberose is noticeable and citruses (mandarine?). It goes fast to a rose middle note which I love - however it does not linger there too long and settles into a gorgeous warm and sexy (CIVET) drydown. So it is quite interesting how it unwraps from citrusy aldehydic uplifting to a downright voluptous scent. Like the dance of the veils, when unwrapped each veil brings up a different stage.

Halvah
Halvah

It's really very feminine, a little goes a long way!

Abbas
Abbas

one of the most attractive and noticeable scent for women, i lkie it too much.

Diva by Emanuel Ungaro 3.89 out of 5 based on 493 ratings and 114 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Emanuel Ungaro Diva fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Emanuel Ungaro Diva, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Diva by Emanuel Ungaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Diva by Emanuel Ungaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.