Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women

L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women
dislike

L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures

The new perfume L'Amour Fou represents the avant-garde vision of the edgy and extra-ordinary universe of Emanuel Ungaro. It is the celebration of crazy love that goes beyond a women’s heart... Because there is nothing crazier than love...L'Amour Fou includes auras of love and seduction, and it radiates the elegance and edge of a Parisian woman.

The floriental – woody composition is developed by Veronique Nyberg. The fragrance opens with fruity and juicy notes of pear, blackberry and pink pepper. The heart includes violet, rose and nectarine, while the base is created of cashmere, vanilla and amber.

The bottle design is somewhat retro – an elegant and mysterious gradient grey crystal bottle that resembles a love potion... The striking L’Amour Fou logo gleams in black while the Emanuel Ungaro logo shines in purply pink. The sophisticated carton in modern matte black has a velvet touch and is enriched by pink frames which embrace the eye-catching L’Amour Fou logo. The face of the advertising campaign is model Aymeline Valade, shot by Sølve Sundsbø.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP, 200 ml body lotion and 200 ml bath and shower gel.

L'Amour Fou was launched in 2012.

Pink Pepper Blackberry Pear

Apparition

L'Amour Fou Fragrance Reviews

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

On me this is very sweet. It's rich in blackberry and vanilla. Reminds me of Attraction by Avon. The quality is pretty much the same. It's a nice scent, but not too extraordinary. The bottle looks cheap, like it's not created for a designer perfume, but for a girly celebrity scent.

lulu169
lulu169

I alreday own and love the Elixir Version of this (golden cap), so I blind bought this, too. Just ordered it online, cant wait! gonna right a review after receiving it

if I wont like it, no big deal, my mum loves violet, so I would gift her it :)

app9
app9

Well this is surprising! I got this as a gift, and honestly would not have even looked at the bottle in the counter. It looks like a bad celebrity perfume.

But the scent is not what I would have expected. It's quite mature, spicy and a bit smoky! On my skin it's peppery and woody with a hint of sweetness. The vanilla kicks in later and I can trace a hint of blackberry, but otherwise it's not fruity at all. It's warming and in a way comforting. Sillage is strong, and the staying power is medium. I will definitely give this a go in the colder months.

But the bottle.. Yikes. A good lesson though; never judge a book by its covers.

alison.edwards
alison.edwards

my husband bought me this perfume as a birthday gift .... OMG impressed ....was i just ..it is absoloutly Amazing and the scent stays for ever .... love it would defo recommend !!!! :)

lirael00
lirael00

wow, wow and again wow! I bought it on the internet just because it was so cheap. 8 euros for 100 ml bottle, I mean are you serious? I wouldn't mind paying a lot more for this beauty. It was a blind buy so I was schocked how much I really liked it. It's a very warm sweet powdery fragrance. I would say it's not suitable for summer time, although I still have to figure this out. Sillage is awesome, longevity is so so...but hey, this perfume gave me so many compliments by everyone, everywhere. What a winner! I have to say that this powdery sweet composition is very pleasing for the crowds, so if you want the attention and praises get this amazing fragrance from Ungaro you'll not regret it.

Strange scent, hard to describe. Not sweet, not warm, not sour, a bit oriental. Like a nectarine mixed with some orient notes.

wendytaylor58
wendytaylor58

This perfume is beautiful. It has the comforting lipstick smell, but is not cloying or too sweet. It still manages to be quite fresh and can still be worn on a hot summer day. It s beautiful-my new favourite!

auroramaria
auroramaria

I want to kick myself for not trying this beauty properly when it first came out!
I dismissed it as a cheap and predictable scent (I love some Ungaro's though) instead it is rather the opposite.
Together with another scent's purchase I got a couple of samples of L'Amour Fou so tonight I decided to test it.
This is the perfect lipstick scent almost gives me the same great feeling as Lipstick Rose by the great Frederic Malle (quality is def higher in FM of course!).
I have a Guerlain lipstick that smells just like LAF.
This scent starts out pretty strong with a very powdery violet, dominating the whole composition, and it dries down to a soft and subtle vanilla, but really it is like smearing lipstick all over your skin.
If you enjoy the scent of cosmetics try this out.
Sillage is really good longevity about four hours on my skin

I can't agree it is an oriental scent, it is almost a floral/ woodsy musk scent with a fruity opening. With a name like L'Amour Fou I expected a scent with punch and passion, not quite so.
It starts off quite fresh and fruity, but it seems to turn musky and quiet quite fast, overall it is a pretty scent, I agree it is a bit similar to Midnight Rose by Lancôme, but it isn't so rich in berries. I will add though that it isn't really projecting strong sillage, so it is indeed a bit weak, I like it,it is a nice little scent, nothing great though.

zaramona
zaramona

smells like my moms old purse where she used to keep her lipsticks,yammy and ladylike.i like it alot but not sure it is the scent itself or the nostalgy behinde it.i kept sniffing for houres(good quality too),i may even buy this one.after all its nice to remember happy days of childhood.

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

Seems interesting but I'm afraid it may be too weak for me.

kimmielynn
kimmielynn

I would like to try this perfume but after searching I have not turned up a site where I can purchase it yet. I would appreciate if someone could let me know where they have seen it for purchase? Thanx so much.

Migalex
Migalex

Longevity is outstanding. But as for the smell, I find it too sweet and cloying. I would consider it more of a fruty floral than oriental floral, or maybe more adequately a fruity oriental. The smell of blackberies, which I love, disapperars under a heavy and sticky fruity mixture which makes me think of raspberry or cheries plus patchouly rather than blackberries. Overall it is very fruity, but not at all in a fresh way, quite the opposite. Do not find the scent original either, because there are several perfumes on the market with this type of scent: Tresor midnight rose, Délices, and Emanuel Ungaro's Apparition. Having said that, I do not think it is a bad perfume, mostly considering the staying power, which is very very good. It might be said that is is dark and misterious, but I am not sure.

oriental floral?no!!!this is a real floral fruity,not even close to oriental floral perfumes!
It's delicious,fruity and smokey at the same time.it has something is common with apparition,but apparition is more fruity,while this one has a smokey feeling(could be because of violet)
the rose is definitely there,though it's not the dominant note.
I can't say it's a dark fragrance,but it's darker than similar perfumes like apparition and lady million,but also light enough to be wore everyday and in every occasion.

niuchpol
niuchpol

Very warm, embracing, cuddling scent. Nevertheless is light, giving space not suffocating. It's nice to have it all day long at work, when used in the evenig, shows "another face" becames a bit darker and heavier. Notes are like in orchestra without a solist, very well build, stable in time. It is not agressive, not seductive, a good companion in the blossoming spring time.

lat
lat

This smells exactly like powdered Hubba Bubba. It reminds me of little girls make up kits, the same perfumed lipstick smell. That is a compliment, because it is indeed rather delicious and definitely stands out among other oriental florals.

cmeeme
cmeeme

This sounds like something I'd like too. Looking out for it.....

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Amour Fou by Emanuel Ungaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Amour Fou by Emanuel Ungaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.