Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women

L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women
dislike

L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures L'Amour Fou Emanuel Ungaro for women Pictures

The new perfume L'Amour Fou represents the avant-garde vision of the edgy and extra-ordinary universe of Emanuel Ungaro. It is the celebration of crazy love that goes beyond a women’s heart... Because there is nothing crazier than love...L'Amour Fou includes auras of love and seduction, and it radiates the elegance and edge of a Parisian woman.

The floriental – woody composition is developed by Veronique Nyberg. The fragrance opens with fruity and juicy notes of pear, blackberry and pink pepper. The heart includes violet, rose and nectarine, while the base is created of cashmere, vanilla and amber.

The bottle design is somewhat retro – an elegant and mysterious gradient grey crystal bottle that resembles a love potion... The striking L’Amour Fou logo gleams in black while the Emanuel Ungaro logo shines in purply pink. The sophisticated carton in modern matte black has a velvet touch and is enriched by pink frames which embrace the eye-catching L’Amour Fou logo. The face of the advertising campaign is model Aymeline Valade, shot by Sølve Sundsbø.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP, 200 ml body lotion and 200 ml bath and shower gel.

L'Amour Fou was launched in 2012.

Pink Pepper Blackberry Pear

Midnight Romance

L'Amour Fou Fragrance Reviews

amanda-m-lewis
amanda-m-lewis

I gotta say that I love, love, love the bottle on this, as it's kinda vintage looking black glass with a deep pink jewelled lid.

It smelled great on my relatives as I initially purchased it for them and being as it was soooo cheap, I decided to get myself one and I would say that it's pretty ok.

I find it great for daytime, when I want something that's light but at the same time with a Dior Poison vibe. It isn't too overwhelming in the office but for some reason I find that I can't make out the exact notes ?? apart from some violet, which is just as well that i'm cool with violet !!

All I know is that I don't find it powdery and it's def an Oriental that starts out sweet on the initial burst from the bottle and last for about 3-4 hours which isn't too bad when you consider the price !!

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

I can't decide if I like it or love it or even...hate this perfume. Is too sharp at first, spices and powdery violets almost sting your nose, then it dries down to a darker, sweeter scent. Mixes nice with the cold air when I go out, but I don't know how would this act in summer or spring.
The longevity is impressive, I can feel it on clothes or in hair for days.

maya2000ro
maya2000ro

It might sound strange ,but on me, this perfume,after it settles down it's only musk.No sweetness, no powdery and definitely no fruity. How is this possible???It was a blind buy based on the reviews and on the notes that were written here.It reminds me of a male fragrance but i just can't put my finger on it.I'm very disappointed of my skin right now:-((.How can it transform a female fragrance into something so masculine?!?!...I'm gonna give it another try in a couple of days...maybe it's just my nose today.

Update:
I sprayed it in the evening.....and you know what?! It changed.It still opens with musk but after a few minutes it becomes sweeter and it seems to look a lot like Mon Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari

Ni_juu_nana
Ni_juu_nana

Not bad, not bad at all. An easy to wear winter perfume that lasts for 7 - 8 hours. It lays close to the skin, it`s not loud, just quit and cozy and makes me feel comfortable - and that`s enough.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I received a sample of this, and immediately liked the first spritz on my arm.
It smelled like and reminded me of modern red berry/patchouli scents like Modern Muse Le Rouge, Mon Paris, My NY, etc....
And while I have a few of those, I still really liked this, and decided on a cheap 50ml.
My second wear was much much different. It was worn properly on my chest/clothes and now it was an average fruit/floral that really wasn't that special. But I had already ordered the 50ml.
Now I do like it, but it isn't special, and I think I prefer the Elixir for potency and sweetness. But this is likable, decent sillage/potency.... I can't hate on it. :)
I would call it a Night Fruity Floral.

GreenPistachio
GreenPistachio

I love the way the violet and blackberry go together in this. They smell pretty, it's fruity, sweet and a bit powdery. Not overwhelming on the powdery aspect, just nice!

NeveD
NeveD

I love this perfume so much, I think it's so feminine and gives kind of mature-serious yet women aura.

Asymonek
Asymonek

I'm new to fragrances, however I've been wearing this for 2 days (got a sample after buying another perfume) and I really like it. It wears long for me, sprayed it before going to bed and was able to get some wiffs the next morning. It doesn't take much though so I only dab it onto my wrist and belly button. I really like it

Eyviab
Eyviab

Wow the violets are the star a hint of pink pepper corns, juicy tart (and a hint of sweet) blackberries mmmmm and the rose shy but present! I'm not a very floral gal but this is just right! Balanced with the cashmere woods amber and vanilla it's awesome! Floral fresh, just enough spicy sweetness, with the right amount of warmth and depth! It's something I would happily wear if gifted! It's sexy and chic all in one.

liamo
liamo

Warm, wrapping feeling I met once opened this for my self. Probably perfume did not surprised as I wasn't expecting anything from it, but, OMG, it is perfect for dreary autumn evenings. It opened with sweet fruity amber and settled quietly with woody notes. It's not overwhelming wood smell but that sensual wave of cosy comfort warming touch of cashmere wood. Amber in base make it feel bright and positive, but without giving that powdery taste it may. I would say - warm, casual, cosy perfume for cold weather.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

On me this is very sweet. It's rich in blackberry and vanilla. Reminds me of Attraction by Avon. The quality is pretty much the same. It's a nice scent, but not too extraordinary. The bottle looks cheap, like it's not created for a designer perfume, but for a girly celebrity scent.

app9
app9

Well this is surprising! I got this as a gift, and honestly would not have even looked at the bottle in the counter. It looks like a bad celebrity perfume.

But the scent is not what I would have expected. It's quite mature, spicy and a bit smoky! On my skin it's peppery and woody with a hint of sweetness. The vanilla kicks in later and I can trace a hint of blackberry, but otherwise it's not fruity at all. It's warming and in a way comforting. Sillage is strong, and the staying power is medium. I will definitely give this a go in the colder months.

But the bottle.. Yikes. A good lesson though; never judge a book by its covers.

alison.edwards
alison.edwards

my husband bought me this perfume as a birthday gift .... OMG impressed ....was i just ..it is absoloutly Amazing and the scent stays for ever .... love it would defo recommend !!!! :)

lirael00
lirael00

wow, wow and again wow! I bought it on the internet just because it was so cheap. 8 euros for 100 ml bottle, I mean are you serious? I wouldn't mind paying a lot more for this beauty. It was a blind buy so I was schocked how much I really liked it. It's a very warm sweet powdery fragrance. I would say it's not suitable for summer time, although I still have to figure this out. Sillage is awesome, longevity is so so...but hey, this perfume gave me so many compliments by everyone, everywhere. What a winner! I have to say that this powdery sweet composition is very pleasing for the crowds, so if you want the attention and praises get this amazing fragrance from Ungaro you'll not regret it.

Strange scent, hard to describe. Not sweet, not warm, not sour, a bit oriental. Like a nectarine mixed with some orient notes.

wendytaylor58
wendytaylor58

This perfume is beautiful. It has the comforting lipstick smell, but is not cloying or too sweet. It still manages to be quite fresh and can still be worn on a hot summer day. It s beautiful-my new favourite!

auroramaria
auroramaria

I want to kick myself for not trying this beauty properly when it first came out!
I dismissed it as a cheap and predictable scent (I love some Ungaro's though) instead it is rather the opposite.
Together with another scent's purchase I got a couple of samples of L'Amour Fou so tonight I decided to test it.
This is the perfect lipstick scent almost gives me the same great feeling as Lipstick Rose by the great Frederic Malle (quality is def higher in FM of course!).
I have a Guerlain lipstick that smells just like LAF.
This scent starts out pretty strong with a very powdery violet, dominating the whole composition, and it dries down to a soft and subtle vanilla, but really it is like smearing lipstick all over your skin.
If you enjoy the scent of cosmetics try this out.
Sillage is really good longevity about four hours on my skin

I can't agree it is an oriental scent, it is almost a floral/ woodsy musk scent with a fruity opening. With a name like L'Amour Fou I expected a scent with punch and passion, not quite so.
It starts off quite fresh and fruity, but it seems to turn musky and quiet quite fast, overall it is a pretty scent, I agree it is a bit similar to Midnight Rose by Lancôme, but it isn't so rich in berries. I will add though that it isn't really projecting strong sillage, so it is indeed a bit weak, I like it,it is a nice little scent, nothing great though.

zaramona
zaramona

smells like my moms old purse where she used to keep her lipsticks,yammy and ladylike.i like it alot but not sure it is the scent itself or the nostalgy behinde it.i kept sniffing for houres(good quality too),i may even buy this one.after all its nice to remember happy days of childhood.

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

Seems interesting but I'm afraid it may be too weak for me.

kimmielynn
kimmielynn

I would like to try this perfume but after searching I have not turned up a site where I can purchase it yet. I would appreciate if someone could let me know where they have seen it for purchase? Thanx so much.

Migalex
Migalex

Longevity is outstanding. But as for the smell, I find it too sweet and cloying. I would consider it more of a fruty floral than oriental floral, or maybe more adequately a fruity oriental. The smell of blackberies, which I love, disapperars under a heavy and sticky fruity mixture which makes me think of raspberry or cheries plus patchouly rather than blackberries. Overall it is very fruity, but not at all in a fresh way, quite the opposite. Do not find the scent original either, because there are several perfumes on the market with this type of scent: Tresor midnight rose, Délices, and Emanuel Ungaro's Apparition. Having said that, I do not think it is a bad perfume, mostly considering the staying power, which is very very good. It might be said that is is dark and misterious, but I am not sure.

oriental floral?no!!!this is a real floral fruity,not even close to oriental floral perfumes!
It's delicious,fruity and smokey at the same time.it has something is common with apparition,but apparition is more fruity,while this one has a smokey feeling(could be because of violet)
the rose is definitely there,though it's not the dominant note.
I can't say it's a dark fragrance,but it's darker than similar perfumes like apparition and lady million,but also light enough to be wore everyday and in every occasion.

niuchpol
niuchpol

Very warm, embracing, cuddling scent. Nevertheless is light, giving space not suffocating. It's nice to have it all day long at work, when used in the evenig, shows "another face" becames a bit darker and heavier. Notes are like in orchestra without a solist, very well build, stable in time. It is not agressive, not seductive, a good companion in the blossoming spring time.

lat
lat

This smells exactly like powdered Hubba Bubba. It reminds me of little girls make up kits, the same perfumed lipstick smell. That is a compliment, because it is indeed rather delicious and definitely stands out among other oriental florals.

cmeeme
cmeeme

This sounds like something I'd like too. Looking out for it.....

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Emanuel Ungaro L'Amour Fou, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Amour Fou by Emanuel Ungaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Amour Fou by Emanuel Ungaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.