Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Ungaro Emanuel Ungaro for women

Ungaro Emanuel Ungaro for women
dislike

Ungaro by Emanuel Ungaro is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Ungaro was launched in 1977. Top notes are aldehydes, rose, coriander, orange blossom, jasmine, neroli, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are iris, turkish rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, cedar and cardamom.

Aldehydes Rose Coriander Orange Blossom Jasmine Neroli Bergamot Lemon

iris Turkish Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla Cedar Cardamom

Joop! Femme

Ungaro Fragrance Reviews

kl99
kl99

A lazy summer sunset.

The first time I tried it on my skin Ungaro was a rainy summer afternoon. I always associate this perfume at that time, and I wear it when it rains.
Unconsciously, perhaps because Ungaro placed the sun. Or maybe for that subtle melancholy that brings with it the fragrance.
That slight sadness and joy that brings summer rain.

I think that, yes, it is a cheerful scent but at times melancholic, romantic after all. At times it reminds me of Roma (Biagiotti) or Montana (Parfum de peau), and Senso of Ungaro.
Had he been born today would be called Sense Intense, probably, that would have a whole other formula with a vague memory of his predecessor.
Fats flowers at the start, a delicate amber, a thin sandalwood, little metal splinters, powdery base. smell like pink oleander blossoms, or white bindweed in the drydown.

Iris_it
Iris_it

This is another gem of the past ! One of the booziest openings I ever smelled , so rich and full it reaches the extreme limit of being too much but holds itself at one micro-millimeter from that limit . This is some kind near a "Stendhal syndrome" in a bottle : wear too much and will be surely overwhelmed by its beauty . Big oriental with such a lovely powdery rose in the heart !

This begins with at least a nod to Chanel No. 5, but then goes in a more oriental direction. However, it never becomes anything like Opium or Obsession; the floral/aldehydic chypre type opening persists but is softened by the mild oriental base. As you might expect, it's rich and natural smelling, so long as the aldehydes don't bother you. The floral notes are obvious at first but then recede substantially, so that a guy could wear this if he likes "unisex" scents. Apparently, it's very difficult to find now, but I was fortunate to recently obtain a large bottle and can swap half ounce decants for those who can't find it anywhere else.

Galya

it's a fabulous ,strong as a red wine perfume! red rose,juicy lemon,hot spices,a lot of wood,it's a pity that now it's so rare perfume!
1 spplash is so potente and longlasting ,with a huge scent. i'w like to recommend it to all.

lapurrla

Now I wonder if Ungaro de Ungaro is better suited to the cold as I was shocked to find that I didn't like it so much when I used it last week (the end of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere). The votes above are all for winter so I guess that's my answer to the problem. Thought I was being fickle again! At least I don't feel desperate for a full bottle now. My new full miniature will be fine for some time as perfume is sending me broke.

lapurrla

What a beautiful perfume. I purchased a mini for mum but as it wasn't quite empty I tried it on. Fantastique oriental! Worth searching for. Lasts for hours and may I add that the base is warm and enticing. A pleasure to wear.

etmpewo

Try the German Amazon page (ending with .de instead of .com). Sometimes they still sell the original (to be seen by the picture of the original bottle). I did the same thing and I got the vintage! Not cheap, though...

etmpewo

One of the very few oriental fragrances I actually love. I smells rich and expensive.

queenkey
queenkey

I found this lovely fragrance in a bodycream at a Florida perfume shop some years ago and was stunned to know it was in a discounted area in the middle of the store. Yes, does remind you of Joop, but is more floral to me and mellow. The Jar of cream is a beautiful shell shaped lapidus blue and the bottom is frosted glass. And the it labeled "seduction du corps". Interesting!

nonnative
nonnative

Mh... not really my cup of tea. I expected a powerful fragrance and I found the power of this lasting only a couple of minutes. It's a classic of the 80s but not as long lasting as the scents of that time. Anyway I discovered how good were the fruity notes in that period. Round and sweet, not sugary as they are now!

Galya

E' molto-molto buono,sa un po' di Poison vintage. Un po' pesante e di lunga durata,ci vuole poco per creare la deliziosa scia intorno a se stessa.....

SensualBlissInFL
SensualBlissInFL

I sooo want this perfume back again. Afraid to buy on E-bay to only find out is a knock off at more than double of the price of its original. This scent is just fabulous, so much so that even men would stop me to ask me what perfume I was wearing. I have yet to find one that compares to it, sigh.... and I have many. This was my signature scent, the little left is reserved to very special occassions.

I soo agree, I was wanting the Ungaro original so much, but the Joop! really does it for me!!!

guest_tst
guest_tst

very upset ungaro d' ungaro was discontinued. the new relaunch is no way close. thanks for the joop tip.

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

*Ungaro by Ungaro* is absolutely very similar to the classic vintage JOOP! for women. Maybe Ungaro is a little less "aggressive" than JOOP!Femme. If you like discontinued UNGARO, don't worry - try JOOP! Femme (in the blue box). You will not be disappointed, believe me.

I used to want this in a large bottle so badly, until I got a mini and it reminded me VERY much of Joop! the original. Since I think Joop! is already a masterpiece, I decided to give up on the dream and enjoy my Joop!
:-)

Kterhark
Kterhark

Ooh, I was very, very lucky to get a sample of this from Turquise, who was way to generous. I"m dumbfounded why this was continued. I had no idea what the notes were when i put it on, but instantly thought "WOW!"

This is warm, slightly spicy, heavier scent that you just want to wrap yourself up in. I like it because it is smooth and not harsh (often aldehydes push things over the top).

the citrus opening is well-behaved, and hte florals make a respectful entrance. Nothing is guache or offensive here, it is just heavenly.

Bring it back!

lucertola
lucertola

Lovely fragrance which I am wearing nearly everyday since I was lucky to buy it. Discontinued long time ago and it is really hard to find. My interest started with small miniature which I loved. Very fresh impression with the first sniff, slowly changing into lovely warmth. It's not very 'spicy' and not too sweet, perfect for everyday use.

Ungaro by Emanuel Ungaro 4.45 out of 5 based on 54 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Emanuel Ungaro Ungaro, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ungaro by Emanuel Ungaro. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ungaro by Emanuel Ungaro represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.