Designers » D E » Aromatic Green « Groups

Ungaro pour L'Homme III Emanuel Ungaro for men
dislike

vodka
Ungaro pour L'Homme III Emanuel Ungaro for men Pictures

Ungaro pour L'Homme III by Emanuel Ungaro is a Aromatic Green fragrance for men. Ungaro pour L'Homme III was launched in 1993. Top notes are orange, mahogany, coriander, lavender, vodka, sage and lemon; middle notes are jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Orange Mahogany Coriander Lavender Vodka Sage Lemon

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Geranium

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Ungaro pour L'Homme III Fragrance Reviews

no-fi
no-fi

Ungaro III is simply the best boozy floral aromatic scent because, frankly, it really is the only boozy floral aromatic. It truly is quite unique.

The vodka note at the beginning is very intense. On my skin, it's a watery alcohol note that is almost aquatic. Next comes the floral notes and spices, dominated by that gorgeous rose. The aromatic green heart is pleasant, with the florals and spices lingering throughout.

Sadly, I can't wear this unique scent because the intense vodka note doesn't sit right with me. It's not unpleasant, but it also doesn't wow me - and such a dominant note has to impress. Regardless, Ungaro III is an impressive and unique work of perfumery - and because it can still be had for a steal, it's worth a try.

the_badger
the_badger

Ahh the famous Ungaro III... I got myself the bottle with the three big I's and this is what I think.

Scent. I thought this was going to be something that would absolutely blow my mind but when I finally got a hold of it, reminded me of a cheap clone perfume called "Dark Rose". I am sure it must be some cheap molecule that was used a lot in the 90's, some mix of super E ISO probably since it has like a cardboard kind of smell. Moving along, the rose starts to make its way, and this is not a light rose, its dark and harsh, like the one found Declaration d'un Soir. Honestly, I did not like this part, I would have settled with just the opening.

Projection. Average.

Longevity. Below average designer performance but don't fret, just layer it with Super E Iso and you should be good.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

Rose, fresh from barbershop, dressed in all black blazer with a beautiful dark red rose in the chest pocket. Get ready...her comes MR. STEAL YOUR GIRL. Price is breathe taking.

HORACIOAG
HORACIOAG

lo usé en los 90's, me gustaba, recibí piropos, tenía una nota que lo hacía especial: olía a hoja de libro mojada, original x cierto
i had i in the 90´s, i liked it, i received complements, it had a note that made it special: smelled like book's wet page, that was original indeed.

hardee
hardee

سعره مناسب جدا
ضفه الى المجموعة

Na0
Na0

I was too young in 1993 to have known the original formula so I will talk about the new one.

MINDBLOWN O_O !!! Omg... This is what I call an awesome yet "cheap" masterpiece nowadays. It has everything what an aromatic gem should have. Floral and woody at its finest. All these flowers give to this one a gentle, soft and "feminine" touch, enhanced by the woody counterpart, thanks to the cedar, the coriander and the vetiver.

The perfect balance for a gentleman perfume, respectful about the feminine side in every man. Not like these ones nowadays which shout "Look ! i'm an obnoxious playboy whom play with girls like tools !" These ones which are nothing but something which shout "SEXBOMB, SEXBOMB, SEXBOMB !"

And gosh, the signature note, the vodka ! THAT vodka ! Which gives to this masterpiece the unique touch to this versatile and complete mixture.

10 out of 10. Thanks Ungaro for making yet these forgotten 80/90's androgynous smells. These ones which capture what a man should be. Being a man is to be respectful of ladies and assuming our feminity, not being a male with balls and testosterone.

chef.peporr
chef.peporr

FINALLY!!! I laid my hands on a 1993 Ungaro III Original Formula (Red box, red cap, made in france). So this review is for the ORIGINAL 1993 FORMULA:

The first time i bought Ungaro III was in the mid 2000's based on reviews and recommendations from here. I really like it! i knew it was a reformulation but i couldn't get the original. As I said, i like it, i finished the bottle and never bought it again. It was a nice fragrance, nothing else, but i couldn´t get my mind off that original formula...

So, one month ago a friend of mine from France that is a fragrance enthusiast said to me "My friend, i have a NIB 1993 Ungaro III", immediately I said "SEND IT TO ME!" It was 150 USD but what the heck...

As soon as i got the box i sprayed two times on my wrist... I have to say i got dissapointed by the opening, it smelled almost identical to Polo Green... Too much wood, none of the roses or vodka everybody was talking about... 20-30 minutes after... OH MY GOD... I cannot describe this otherwise than PERFECTION... It settled down amazingly!! The rose note burst out, vodka, lavender and some coriander. 3-4 hours and it evolves into some kind of musky-citrusy-cozy smell. It has an amazing power and sillage, women loves it... It really is ONE HELL OF A FRAGRANCE...

Scent 10/10
Sillage 10/10
Duration 10/10

Reformulated Ungaro III it's ok; but if you like it and can lay hands on an original 1993 formula GO FOR IT. Be cautious though... There are some "original batches" made in Italy with red box but black cap. It's not the same juice I'm talking about. Check those three elements: red box, red cap and made in France.

UPDATE

So I decided to save my original 1993 formula and buy one of the actual bottles. So disapointed... I'm talking the new formula that comes in a black box with a big gold III on the front. It's still Ungaro III but the longevity and sillage are just awful and smells like watered down... I have 2 NIB with cellophane last formula (black box but with the III in bright black) for sale. If anybody is interested message me. I'm in Mexico.

Otakar Ishar

Coming soon Ungaro III Oud .This is a joke?

nm4
nm4

I want this frag back in my collection!! I can't find it anywhere.. :( good smelling masterpiece with great longevity and beautiful botlle..

to Cricot2:

Hidden Masterpiece, lasts on me all day

song: Paolo Conte Via con me

6opar
6opar

A classic and classy spicy aromatic opening. But somehow muted and numb. Like meeting an intelligent friend who got too drunk.
It's dark and soft. But too diluted, and light. Like meeting some young gothic chic who smiles too much.
Ungaro III is a rose with bright red petals, green stem and black leaves. But no thorns.
***(**)

Extremely nice dry down.

Godinezmarco
Godinezmarco

I enjoy and like this one but it has very weak sillage

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Soooo easy to wear, so easy to like !
For those who compares it to Zino, i would say this one is younger and less complex.
Still performs well and the notes are delightfull.

Personnaly i find it on the generic side, but i do like it very much, though.

Nice and cheap. Smells good, in every situation : versatile.

tetsuoyouth
tetsuoyouth

The rose not reminds me of the mango in Paris Hilton Man. No doubt I'd choose this one over PHM since it is a refined fragrance and has a darker note most likely attributed to the wood note. Must buy cheapie!

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

UNGARO III, it's listed as an AROMATIC, I guess what puts it in this category is the vodka.

I'm surprised that some people think of it as a cooler weather scent. It's airy, light, vodka-esque with a light rose in the background.

I can see why some might think of "bug spray" upon initial application. It eventually smooths out though and just stays airy and, to me, seems close to the skin.

I get a soft-pink-rose note in that background. Not feminine though, at least to me.

Summer or Spring, I will definitely be wearing this.

@Cricot 2
Listen the song "catch the rainbow" by rainbow and imagine this romantic scent

To Cricot2:

It reminds me this song: Greensleeves!
Ungaro III is a romantic perfume.

Cricot2
Cricot2

can someone associate this scent with some songs, please? maybe, this is the easiest way to understand this scent...

thank you!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A beautiful floral woody aromatic.
Ungaro III opens with an alcoholic and aromatic tone, vodka stands out and combines with citrus touch to have this cool feature.
Also has lavender giving that clean air and semi liqueur, but Coriander touch is remarkable with an aspect spicy middle resin.
The heart is the focus, the rose takes over with its floral lemon look delicate but appears synthetic, something low quality and has a classic vibe, i think the discreet touch of geranium.
After hours appear woody nuances finalizing this perfume which is in the middle of the classic and modern, has quality by the price.

bleetz
bleetz

What does the original smell like? I have no idea, but it comes in a red box with a red cap. I LOVE the reformulation that came after that in a black box with small, central text and big shiny black III's as the backdrop. But this review isn't for either of these. No. This scent was reformulated AGAIN, and I approximate it to 2014-2015 when it happened. Be very aware that the cologne you have known has changed for the worse. You can identify the newest reformulation by the black box with a huge emphasis on the golden III's.

I usually get annoyed at the moaning towards reformulations, but I found myself in the position for once. They truly did alter one of my favorite fragrances and transformed it into an expensive body spray. The first reformulation was incredible. It was a strong projector with woody notes intermingled with dark, spicy rose and booze. Be wary if you're buying new boxes because the most obvious difference is the minimal projection. One inch from my arm after applying it almost brings nothing to my nostrils. I have to press my nose into wherever I sprayed it to even experience it. No one notices this on me like the previous Ungaro. The part that breaks my heart the most is the systematic removal of the rose and vodka. I smell NEITHER while they are almost all you can smell in the old version for the first 30 minutes.

Now does the new reformulation smell good? As a matter of fact, yes. It smells like opening an old, empty wooden desk drawer in a thrift store- pleasantly woody. However, the tradeoff of projection and the rose accords for an immediate dive into the base notes is not worth it. If you want the old version, I recommend buying a tester on ebay with the "III" being small and in the center of the bottle. The new version has rather big "III's" on the bottle. Seriously, if you're going to spend $20-$25, get the scent the majority of us fell for to begin with instead of whatever they're trying to pass as Ungaro III today.

Because the reformulation is relatively new, many on here are still getting the older one when they buy it new, so they will rate it positively. However, pay attention to many of the newer reviews emphasizing a lack of projection. I might be the first person to even realize it was reformulated again.

EDIT MAY 2015:

Out of sheer luck, I actually got the chance to experience the first formula of this from 1993 via a half-empty vintage bottle online. Might I say that it projects VERY well! Surprisingly, though, I prefer the first reformulation that I blabbed about in this review as the booze/rose notes are more pronounced. In a hilariously unexpected twist of events, the newest formula smells more like the one from 1993! However, it's projection is horrendous. I ultimately resold my vintage bottle if only because the woodsy notes were uncharacteristically too prominent. But then again, it's an old bottle that might've been above someone's toilet in a cabinet for 22 years. Who knows what it's supposed to smell like ;)

erkek

Very long longevity and masculin scent. By the time is growing like. Timeless.. Necessarily be found in your wardrobe.

İnanılmaz kalıcı ve erkeksi bir koku. Mutlaka dolabinizda olmali.

Mojtabaa

منم مثل شما فکر می کردم اول، یعنی فکر می کردم هر ادکلنی نت رز توش هست مثل تی رز خواهد بود.

ولی وقتی آنگارو سه رو تست کردم نظرم عوض شد و خیلی خوشم اومد و سریع خریدم.

به هر حال بنظرم بوی رز در این ادکلن خیلی طبیعی هست.
تمام روایح در کنار هم بخوبی بالانس شده اند. گرمی در کنار خنکی و حس تازگی و همینطور تلخی در کنار شیرینی.

dromidreza
dromidreza

بین آنگارو 2و 3 فاصله از زمین تا آسمونه.کلا از حس گل رز در عطرهای مردونه متنفرم.در آنگارو2 هم بود ولی این کجا و اون کجا.چرا این بلا سر آنگارو 2 اومد.خدایا چرا؟؟؟ مسببشو نابود کن !!ا

Dead Memories
Dead Memories

I purchased this online and it was 2 days ago that i recieved it , now lets get on with a little review :
first spray , its a blast of alcohol (vodka) then adds to the mix smell of lemon and coriander , i dont get the lavender nor saga and orange , 5 min later the top is gone which is good im not a fan any way , then in the middle i get a lot of rose and a bit (only a bit) geranium no lotv nor jasmin here again! , the good thing is the rose is so good and masculine and its light it wont get on your nerves , the dry down is the best part musky woody with ROSE (dominating)! so totally this frag is abut rose which is present through the whole notes that it makes this frag I(some how) one could say its almost linear but again smells good.as time of use it could be weared any time any day its almost all year arounder ! :) but i would say fall and spring - night time - and not so formal places are the best preferences ;) and one more good thing its cheap! almost :D
Scent : 5/10
Longeity :4.5/10
Projection : 3/10
quality : 6/10
Yay or nay :) a So so YES
Overal : 5.7/10

سلام دوستان

ادکلنی بسیار شامه نواز
قلب این کار بوی گل رز هست.
اما نه بویی مثل عطرای گلاب و تی رز بلکه بوی دل انگیز و طبیعی گل رز.

بنظر من که اهل گل کاری و باغچه و انواع گل هستم بوی گل رز در این کار خیلی خوب و طبیعی ارائه شده.

بوش اصلا تند و آزار دهنده نیست و بنظرم میشه چهار فصل محسوبش کرد.
این کار تلخی و شیرینی رو بصورت کاملا متعادل در خودش داره. همینطور گرمی و خنکی

بوی گل از ابتدا تا انتها هست اما هر چه می گذره بوی چوب صندل و خزه و وتیور بهش اضافه میشه و لذا از ابتدا تا انتها بوی مطبوعی داره.

من فقط تعجبم اینه که دوستان از پخش و دوام این کار تعریف نمی کردند بخاطر همین اصلا توی لیست مورد علاقم نبود اما الان که گرفتم نسبت به قیمت پایینش واقعا دوام و پخش قابل قبول و خوبی داره.

دوامش از کروم آنتونیو پویگ که دارم بیشتره و می تونم بگم در بدبینانه ترین حالت دوامش متوسط رو به بالاست.
پخشش هم متوسط هست اما تا ساعت ها بدون اینکه سرتون رو به لباس بچسبونید می تونید بوش رو حس کنید.

بوی باکلاس و مفرح و آرام بخشی داره که به درد مردان مهربون و متین و تا حدودی رسمی می خوره.

بوش رو میشه س ک س ی هم حساب کرد.

به درد جلسات خیلی رسمی و جدی و یا عزا نمی خوره...

Mojtabaa

This review is about the latest version or reformulation.

When I smelled this cologne for the first time, I quickly fell in love with it.
The first note which came to my mind was Rose! But not a cheap and harsh smell of rose like Tearose cologne.
It has a refind, very natural and luxurious scent of rose.

The juice is balanced very well. There is no extra sweetness or anything harsh to my nose.

Frankly I haven't smelled vodka but I can detect a kind of woody scent beside the rose, probably it is vetiver,mahogany and or sandalwood with a touch of oakmoss which balance the rose note.

The scent is thoroughly beautiful and yummy from the beginning to drydown. At drydown the rosr is still noticeable beside a bit musk, sandalwood and oakmoss. The drydown is really fantastic and comforting.

The longevity is acceptable and IMO above average. It lasts longer than "Quorum" which I have.
The sillage is moderat but noticeable.

Longevity: Very good, long lasting specially on clothes and fabrics.

Sillage: A bit above average and noticeable for hours and hours.

Heart note: Rose

Scent: Luxurious, comforting and somehow sexy...

mariomario
mariomario

Hi, after reading all the positive reviews, a week ago I decide to purchase this
I was so excited, I was looking for something really different, I have about 50 different fragrance, any way this juice is disgusting. Is trouble
It s something like toilets air fresh , if u decided to buy as a blind bury , you better save your money, is very cheep smell
I will give 1/10 no sorry
0.005/10

[email protected]
peeck@charter.net

After a few wearing of this fragrance, I really do like it! This is the best rose dominant fragrance that I have tried as of yet. The rose is candied, semi sweet and dark. Yes a man can wear this very comfortably! The base notes make this a very palatable and mature scent. The duration of this fragrance is about 5-6 hours with 4 sprays. It does come off strong at first 1-2 hour point and ramps down pretty quickly from there to a skin scent though. Great for a night out. I think if you were wearing this for a day scent it would need to be reapplied. Yes after 6 hours I can faintly detect it on my skin maybe a little better on cloths...

Just love the drydown! The zing of the vodka vibe evaporates off the top 1-2 hour point leading into the blended lavender,patchouli and sandalwood smoothness. The base of floral musk and woods into the drydown. The wonderful rose... can be detected through out the life of the scent.

So I got a chance to smell this before I purchased it and was intrigued from the beginning. Because of the unique scent cloud it does create compared to the price point of around $25. It does standout in being different from any other scent I own... well worth the investment to my collection!

yarks
yarks

A pretty darn good cologne. I absolutely love this one! I have the new bottle (I find that people who freak out over reformulations often severely overexaggerate the differences) and can say this stuff projects very well and lasts all day. The rose notes are done in a very masculine way. Many on here describe it as a "dark rose" and I certainly agree! Unlike others, I actually LOVE the synthetic top notes! They smell like something nostalgic for me. But don't worry- it dries down to an incredible, boozy-sweet, and woody aroma. The vodka vibe makes me feel more like a bottle of Mike's Hard Black Cherry Lemonade, and the patchouli and lavender also mix well into prominence. This is by and far my favorite nighttime fragrance. I love it so much that I'd try to make it work for the day as well! To top it all off, there's that irresistible $20 price tag. I'd be more than willing to spend a price closer to $45 for this masterpiece! Don't feel obliged to buy a vintage bottle- the new reformulation is perfectly fine. Seriously, people accuse fragrances of being reformulated one year after release and cry about it- the concerns for change are a tad ridiculous at times. Now this certainly HAS been reformulated, and I find it quite a respectable fragrance regardless. I highly recommend.

LeBart

This one is really special. Imagine what would be the smell of the black rose, dark and mysterious. This is it, with vodka vibe and orange opening. This is the favourite perfume of Count Dracula for sure.

I love it and rate it 10/10.

Edit:
On my skin it lasts all day long. I can smell it on my clothes even tomorrow. Rather mature and conservative scent.

mamali1976
mamali1976

Hi guys
Thats perfect i have ungaroIII gold and bold edition very nice smell and long lasting is so good its really italian scent...
اين عطر ادم و سر ذوق مياره يه حس قدرت و اعتماد به نفس وقتى اين عطر و به خودتون زدين مستقيم برين تو دل خانما و حرفتونو بزنين...جواب هر چى باشه نه نيست...
Scent:sexy
Long lasting:9/10
For buy:it must be in ur collection

robespierre_1789
robespierre_1789

Pls. let me know your opinion about "The aromatique" flanker. Many thanks in advance for reply and "God bless Frantica and the fragranticans"!

adamhabib
adamhabib

I have tried this only yesterday!. What an elegant, sensual and masculine fragrance. I understood why it stood the test of time.

Probably less versatile, but the dry down is heavenly.

hallaf
hallaf

واقعا عالی خوشبو ماندگار با پخش بوی متوسط به بالا

kisherceg
kisherceg

Just a little warning...if I can give you an amicably advice: do NOT blind-buy this scent.
I did that and this was a mistake.
My skin does not work well with boozy notes, I could know (former horror-experience with C.Lacroix Absynthe for men).
Well, I tried this scent so many times, in cooler then in warmer weather, in winter, in spring, in summer, at least 7-8 times..but...the final effect -on me- always the same: tons of rotten oranges mixed with withered roses soaked in a sea of cheap, stinky vodka.
Nothing else, no sophistication, no nice flowers, no patchouli, no woods, no vetiver, only that rotten-alcoholic smell around me..and this effect is unfortunately very long lasting, sticks to my skin even after trying to wash off :(
Try it on your skin before you buy...

abcmore
abcmore

Honestly to me this smells like laundry detergent.

adypress
adypress

just picked this one up today. this cologne is an absolute masterpiece, very beautiful rose smell mixed in with vodka, i love it!!!

Housebliss
Housebliss

My bottle is from 2003.

I've used this a couple of times, and to be honest I didn't really like it that much. Last night I sprayed once on the inside of my arm. A couple of hours ago I took a shower. I was walking around the office earlier, and I thought someone smelled so good (I shouldn't be writing reviews at work but oh well..). To my surprise Ungaro III is still lingering on my arm, and it smells wonderful. It smells clean and fresh.

I put on Green by Byredo this morning, but Ungaro just cut right through. How's that for longevity and sillage? 12+ hours, after a shower, and still projecting.

The opening is harsh, but the drydown is ace. I'll be wearing this more often.

daynierds
daynierds

Not a bad smell at all, specially for that price, it does smell a bit dated....but actually not that much, performance is average to good, I imagine someone over 40 really rocking this...still not for me...but great value for the money indeed...

cdresz
cdresz

This has a sharp "insect repellant" scent for the first few seconds. That's the first thing that dries down thankfully.

I have several geranium note scents. So I can really pick it out. I agree with many reviewers note breakdown, but I think both geranium and lemon are more predominant in this juice than other reviewers have scored it.

During cold weather I apply 5 to 6 sprays and get 10hrs. During the summer I apply 3 sprays and get about 15hrs.

Voters have pegged this as a "winter" scent, but I think it works well all year long. Obviously I apply less, but this smells crisp and refreshing enough to stay in my "summer" rotation.

The Vodka/Rose note is sophisticated! Different fragrances really do give me distinct "feelings" or confidence as some say. Ungaro always makes me feel "put together".

AndreiCristian
AndreiCristian

Why ? JUST WHY ?
So good fragrance with beautifull smell ruined all becouse sillage and longevity is crap !

Scent 11/10 , its just perfect for all day,so sexy and elegant , for a young gentelman , all sesons , all ocasions ( date , job , nightout , just perfect for all )

Projection 1/10 (on my skin is awfull )
Longevity 4/10 ( 3-4h only with 2 sprays on my arm )
Price 10/10 ( for only 20$ ? yea ... sure their are some better choise , but ... this smell too go to dont have it )

Overall 9/10 , great scent , if your skin is made for this your the luckyest guy ever ! This scent is special made for guys who has a good taste.

X-hot
X-hot

Very ELEGANCE! and good for office.

okay listen;

It's a perfume that the first 2-3 day dont understand.
But after tying himself:)I think really cool scent and great lasting. Good for office or vehicle.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Disclaimer: the review is of the 'regular' Ungaro III (still on sale), not its Parfum Aromatique version.

Meet the sublime side of the Nineties.
Sharp citric opening, reminiscent of a classic EDC. Very interesting floral development, complex without being sweet. Beautiful woody-floral drydown. And all this luxury is enveloped in some cool blue haze.
Longevity is decent, sillage is moderate.
An elegant and versatile scent, suitable for a night out, romantic evening or a busy office day.
And (here's a personal note) the closest thing to my long-gone favorite, the original Calvin by Calvin Klein, introduced eight years earlier. Development and and especially drydown are different, but the opening is quite similar.
Stay out of the crowd, enjoy Ungaro III, these days you can get it dirt cheap.

durbha75
durbha75

I got my bottle of Ungaro III the day before yesterday. I bought it online, a blind buy influenced by the reviews here. I have worn it yesterday and today. My reviews:-

Day 1. Opening notes smelt like orange flavored vodka with some medicinal bitterness thrown in. Quite pungent and nostril-searing. In around an hours time, it seemed to become a green and spicy smell akin to an aromatic green (think Halston 1-14). The smell of nutmeg dominated, and the rose note never came up. I was disappointed and was sure I had gotten a raw deal. However, I went with it today on Day 2.

Day 2:-

Inexplicably, the vodka note isn't there. It smells hugely sweet and lemony, reminding me of Burberry Classic. This time though, around an hour or so later, I started getting the famed rose note. As time passed, the note became more prominent. Towards the dry down, it was a mellow rose tempered with some spice (which I still feel is nutmeg!).

Overall review: Ungaro III is everything it is famed to be. A very exclusive, offbeat perfume which pushes the masculine/ feminine argument to the edge. Very smooth in the later part of its life, it easily lasts 10+ hours on me, though for nearly 8 hours it is close to the skin. But these lovely wafts of spiced rose keep coming in every now and then, making the whole thing a pleasure to wear (especially at the cheap buying price). A definite thumbs up from me.

jude1321
jude1321

Honestly, I have had over 250 bottles of cologne in my life. Ungaro III, plain and simple, is the most underrated juice that I have ever come across. I mean, seriously, you can buy this sexy, amazing, beautiful juice for like $25 on ebay, sealed. In my opinion, after Le Male, Ungaro III is the best smelling fragrance ever made.

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

I have a large collection of niche and designer and this is the most underrated fragrance ever can't believe its only $25

jozemo

i'm back, in the words of halle berry from monsters ball"make feel good" this the edt does just that! when it drydown on my skin, It is a inexpensive elegant scent that should be in a gentleman's collection.

kaju23
kaju23

First few times I sprayed it I didn't notice anything special, sillage was poor with good longevity, I was quite sad after reading some of the reviews here. After two weeks of using it I got first compliment from a friend, and boy was I surprised! She said that I smell of elegance and it is the most amazing scent she ever smelled and she wants to remember it forever. Seriously, I was stunned. After that I started to notice the power of Emanuel Ungaro III, longevity is still very good and sillage got better, it truly is the fanciest and the most beautiful scent there is. An amazing mix of notes that's gonna make you feel comfortable and classy.

crunker
crunker

At first, Ungaro seems cheap and somewhat offensive, but when it dries down, it's a real hit with the women. Surprisingly, I've gotten some of my most memorable compliments while wearing Ungaro, and I wear many high-end fragrances(at least higher-end than this one).

The spray-on is heavily alcoholic and woody, but the dry-down has rich woody and musky scents that have a lingering patchouli in the background. It's strong, but not overwhelming, and for a cheaper fragrance it lasts pretty long, maybe 6-7 hours. As a throw around cologne or an emergency bottle to keep in the car, Ungaro is great. It reminds me of a lumberjack in a nightclub.

dosojosnegros
dosojosnegros

you're crazy!(no offense) i have both and don't find them similar at all. i can't even wear the Kanon KO. Ungaro 111 is fantastic. like a flower infused spirit. it lasts all day and night on me.

ZELJO

only one word to describe that one, ELEGANCE

Normad
Normad

I bought this based on all the great reviews. I was very surprised. Not in the way you might think. Yes, it smells great, BUT, when I applied it, it smelled so very familiar. It came to me almost immediately, so I went and grabbed my $6 bottle of Kanon KO and sprayed it on my other arm. 2 squirts of each on each arm. They open nearly identically. In fact, I could find very little difference. I was surprised as they dried down that KO had drastically better sillage and longevity than UIII, which isn't saying much! KO also seemed to smell better for longer than UIII. UIII kind of morphs into something not as pleasant as its opening. And, I paid $35 for the UIII at TJ Maxx. I tested them side by side a couple more times to confirm. Back the UIII went. Now I'm extremely happy with my $6 Kanon KO purchase. Has anyone else made this comparison, or am I crazy?

deja vu-gr

Cheadle,many thanks for information.
After that i am going to order online that one (gold ltd edition) soon.

Cheadle

I like to do some research when I'm ready to add to my collection. I have used UIII twice before that's how good I think it is.. and just yesterday I come across this Gold edition limited etc.

First reaction: I was kinda annoyed it was not different

Later: Its all comng back now.. One of the best cold weather / evening fragrances, which also works well as a formal daytime fragrance when applied sparingly.

The gold edition is same as the oringal and that's not necessarily a bad thing

First reaction: I was kinda annoyed it was not different

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Ungaro III (vintage/made in Italy) is a perfect illustration of how a masculine floral should be constructed. Dark roses are in abundance, yet the effect is incredibly masculine and fresh due to the sharpness of a Vodka note. It's dark coolness comes across as sexy, sophisticated and unique; a highly appealing formula and many women adore this scent on a man. Quite simply a stunning male floral, my favourite rose scent next to the legendary Égoïste.

wachirael94
wachirael94

Today i ve just got a blind order from Fragrancex of a MARVELLOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS fragrance. That s UNGARO III. At the 1st spray, I did smell rosessssssss, even though they should appear at the middle notes.

It does not disappoint me at all. It's truly classy as a male fragrance, even though it comprises a blend of roses.

I'm rather sure that I will buy another when I have finished this bottle.

hernie

I used it in 1994 for the first time. It' s absolutely beautiful with a sillage and longevity above average fragrances. I think it has been reformulated but it soul remains the same. I can't find it in my country but in Miami. Love it sooooo much!

deja vu-gr

According to your reviews i see that there are versions of this perfume with amazing dry down and very well crafted in general and some versions that seems synthetic and very bad reformulated.

Can anyone tell me if the version that refers limited edition (with a silver cap and black bottle with golden details) is the version that i must avoid buying it?
The package is golden and refers also gold and bold limited edition.
I can find only this version online in my country,all the others are out of stock here.

I have bought again from the specific online store and i can absolutely tell you that the products there are original.

Thanks in advance

jozemo

A nice classy smell,once sprayed it comes out the gate strong and mature,also the sillage is excellent,a nice one to seek out if you don't have it.It will remind you of the acqua di parma group type of soapy elegence smell,but there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion,that is a compliment.careful not to overspray it is quite strong.

Bbjr
Bbjr

Sorry but the reformulated stuff is just a fruity version of every other fragrance out there today. One of the worst fragrances I've smelled in quite some time.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

An outstanding concoction that manages to balance diverging notes with ease, fusing elements of floral, herbal, spicy and citric into a fantastic creation of class and sophistication suited for all ages. This beautiful composition offers the wearer a new experience with every wear, the layers here don't completely unveil themselves until 15-20 wears down the road, when one can really sample the sophisticated evolution and changes L'Homme III has to offer. Extremely underrated and absolutely essential for those who think beyond flashy bottles of Thierry Mugler and Jean Paul Gaultier as being statements of class and sophistication. Couldn't begin to do justice to this fine cologne by breaking down the notes. Suffice to say projection and longevity are moderate to above average, the real beauty here being the wonderful and reserved scent itself, lacking pretense and instead letting its multi-faceted character do all the talking. An absolute must for the man with enough class to know flashy and tacky aren't what scores a sophisticated woman.

abhisforever
abhisforever

So I read a lot about it before going forward with the buy. If you ask me to describe it, I would be lost as I cant find a precise word for it. But if one has to give it a name then it would be complex.

I smell the rose and I smell the Vodka but I can also smell some sheer class. Make no mistake, this one will make people notice you.

I like things which make me think, I give this one a sure double 10/10!

michael.j
michael.j

I blind-bought this based on reviews. One of my best blind-buys. It delivers and then some. Absolutely delighted with the complexity and contrasts of this. This makes the tone-deaf aquatics and the audibly spicy syrups seem even more adolescent. This is not old-fashioned; it is timeless in the way that Eau Sauvage and Yatagan are timeless. I'm usually skeptical of designer fragrances because they're not about smell; they're low cost entry points into a brand's universe for Brittany and Bubba Spraycheese. The smell-as-brand-experience is invariably a colorful swill wrapped in the lust and luster of backstory and implausible nudity (I'm looking at you, Versace). There's certainly nothing wrong with wanting to make a buck off your perfume, even with naked people on cars, rocks, yachts, sun decks, rocks on yachts, sun decks on cars, etc. Duh, it's a business. But Just look at the latest string of embarrassingly cynical and childish releases from Fendi, Gucci, Ferragamo and Versace (weird that they're all Italian). None compare to Ungaro III in attention to layering, blending and sheer range of notes. Ungaro III reflects a commitment to a particular type of experience, not a faddish, brand-resident identity. Many frags have disappeared because they were selling an ephemeral model of personhood, not a smell. That Ungaro III is still in production and stubbornly popular today is clear evidence of its ability to transcend fashion. This is one of the reasons why Demachy and Polge are the respected figures they are in contemporary perfumery -- because they produce stunners like Ungaro III.

LustandFury
LustandFury

Reformulated Version: I liked this quite a bit. I'm on the hunt for a good rose forward scent and this was suggested to me. I couldn't quite place what it reminded me of but then it hit me. The heart and base really smell like Creed's Aventus. A bit more rose in the composition but the comparison is unmistakable.

mihanesabz
mihanesabz

It is perfect but not for everyday use! I think every man should have one and use it once or twice a week. I am sure all the senators, presidents, actors got one! BUY IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

iammyping
iammyping

This is simply stunningly elegant fragrance. In terms of composition of the scent itself it is without the question or shadow or doubt classiest man fragrance I have ever put my nose on, but...After two-three hours...Just like that, it's gone. Just a tiny hint of a smell. It wouldn't be so bad if the sillage was even moderate. But it simply isn't. From the beginning to the end- You have to have Your nose bury in wrist or neck to smell it.
In short:
9,9/10 for the scent,
1,1/10 for sillage and logetivity.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I bought this as a gift for my father (after reading it's reviews regarding scent and age-appropriatness here), and before giving it to my dad, I sprayed a little on my wrist to make sure it wasn't horrid... and I really liked it!

Needless to say, I kept UNGARO III for myself and got my father another gift.

This is cool, sharp, imperial & sweet.
Pure class... a timeless scent.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: average
LONGEVITY: average
SCENT: classic/sweet
VALUE FOR MONEY: excellent

OVERALL: 7/10
---------------------------------------------

petrus
petrus

Parfum de drague.

Senteur 10/10. J'adore tout simplement. Ce parfum dégage quelque chose de terriblement masculin et rassurant. Les notes de fond sont les plus importantes ici, mais sont tellement bien équilibrés qu'on ne sait qui domine de quoi, ce qui explique manifestement le choix étonnant des lecteurs de privilégier les notes de tête. Ces notes de fond se marient à merveille avec la rose qui accompagne du début à la fin l'évolution du parfum. D'acquisition récente, j'imagine qu'il pourra être un bon parfum de jour en hiver. En attendant, c'est une merveille par un chaud soir d'été en extérieur.

Sillage 2/2. Ca sent divinement bon autour de vous et terriblement masculin.

Longévité 2/2. Parfum tenace.

Masculinité. 2/2 Parfum d'homme qui aime les femmes.

Evolution 4/4. Si le premier jet est un peu violent, cette rose noire ne cesse d'évoluer au gré des minutes, de se nuancer, de tel ou tel senteur vodka, lavande puis en poursuivant vers toutes les diverses notes de fonds. Je dirais presque que chaque respiration offre une nuance différente. Car il s'agit manifestement d'un parfum en mouvement constant.

TOTAL 20/20 Chef d'oeuvre (et parfum préféré même si porté rarement car ne convient pas à toutes les situations !)

Usage optimal : une promenade à Paris par un soir en été au bras d'une femme belle qui saura être parfumée à la hauteur...

gsevrain
gsevrain

Un perfume muy rico, suave, señorial para hombres de + 30, tiene como gran parte de los Ungaro I y II un rico aroma a lavandas.! Tiene una buena durabilidad entre 7 u 8 hs. Igualmente es una lastima que esta fragancia haya reemplazado a Ungaro I sin duda el mejor perfume de Emanuel Ungaro y hasta de los mejores perfumes que hayan existido.
De hecho por no conseguir Ungaro I voy a comprar la segunda botella de Ungaro III. Quien lo compre no se va decepcionar. Calificacion General 9/10

jivanshi
jivanshi

@Redbeard: hmm, that's strange! I have used a sample a couple of times, and the problem I had was that it lasted quite a while, but with zero projection! On my skin, the heart and the drydown is beautiful, with a subtle rose, and I really like it, but it's only a skin scent, sadly... I will give it another try, this time also on the shirt, I really want a masculine frag based around rose, and there aren't many choices - either this, or Cartier Declaration d'un soir.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I got the new version blind for $12, and figured it couldn't be that bad. The top and middle were nice enough, but the base just smelled like wilted roses in a horror movie sanatorium...sickly, persistent and floral. I felt like I could almost but not quite place what real-world object it smelled like. The sillage reached an alarming distance from the piece of cloth that I had tested it on. People probably would smell it but wouldn't even realize the smell was coming from a person, especially a man. I probably could have stuck with it, but it just wasn't worth the mental effort.

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

The 70's are back. Put on your mood rings & shake your groove things!

(you know I'm kidding; right?)

When I tried Ungaro III, I immediately detected the aroma of Faberge's Brut; one of the ubiquitous scents of the 70's. (taking me back to my college days when Brut and the various musk-o-mania fragrances were king.)

As much as I tried to dislike this fragrance based solely on that alone, I couldn't. If I had to describe the alluring scent of Ungaro III after dry-down in a word, it would be: Elegant. I think Ungaro III is one of the most underrated mens fragrances on the market, and one of male fragrances' best kept secrets.

Ungaro III not only reminds me of Brut, but it has wood, spice, and rose notes that give this fragrance a Creed Aventus something extra, making it stand out from the crowd; at about $270.00 LESS than Creed Aventus. This fragrance delivers a very healthy dividend at a very good price!

Ungaro III presents a distinctive, masculine, dark, rich, sensual, closely intimate aroma that's good for autumn & winter evenings. Ungaro III's too rich on me for an everyday scent in summer months.

Ungaro III requires a 30 minute dry-down to get past the Brut/boozy application and settle into it's aromatic woody, spicy, rosy middle and base notes that consistently carry me away every time I wear it.

This fragrance is more suited for mature men, in my opinion. Projection & sillage are good, but not overpowering. 2-3 light sprays work nicely on me for the evening.

Ungaro III is a very pleasant surprise. It delivered much more than I expected. I encourage you to try it. This fragrance would be killer if it was offered in EDP strength.

The flask is neat, too; It looks how it smells: Elegant & classy!
BUY IT!

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Blind buy because I usually agree with mr mookie! Yes, there are roses on top with a classy dry down. A real bargain, buy it if you find it. Thank you mr mookie

robertodoi
robertodoi

Fantastic Woody Floral & Sweet Spicy Fragrance. Totally wearable by men since 20' in any weather, day or night. A very nice option for the perfume lovers. I think women will love it too, cause the floral notes are seductive.

cesao72
cesao72

which did perfumer ungaro iii ????

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this fragrance again after many, many years of not using it. I am thrilled that Ungaro III has maintained it's masculine and elegant formula. The rose and lavender are a masterpiece in this fragrance. I wore it to the office this morning and already I have gotten 4 compliments.

vonzigdarke
vonzigdarke

According to my nose: Rose petals marinated in vodka infused Jello shots in an expensive wooden ice tray, a fruit platter and "Lips like sugar...sugar kisses."

Bought this on sale at Perfumania based on reviews. With all the opinions here, I knew it would be interesting if nothing else. That being said, I am not sure what all the fragrance is up to. It would depend on if you are wearing it for yourself or hunting compliments.

I got plenty of compliments just the same. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a gourmand, rather what I always wanted out of a gourmand without smelling like Captain Jack rolling in tobacco leaves and molasses (AKA Dirty English).

I applied this as soon as I bought it-I thought I kept sniffing to try and guess the notes but I was also loving it. The notes changed on me from hour to hour-something like everlasting Gobstopper and all of it was great.

I have horrible dry skin so longevity is a problem with any EDT. Ungaro III goes on strong for the first few minutes but not to the point of killing people. A four to six blast encounter is fine 30 minutes before you leave home.

I would call this a classic scent not as in older man, but if Camelot had a boutique; Ungaro would be the headliner-it's mysterious in a sexy way.

Due to the combined compliments and fact that I cannot leave it alone, I give it a 10. It is filed next to my No-Fail serum, Chanel Egoiste Platinum.

Cheers.

I got plenty of compliments just the same. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a gourmand, rather what I always wanted out of a gourmand without smelling like Captain Jack rolling in tobacco leaves and molasses.

Cheers.

Legolas
Legolas

The bottle is masterpiece! it's just beautiful,and the juice inside is;rose,vodka and woody notes on a manly way.. sexy and elegant.. on me longevity was 6-8h,and projection first 3-4h really good.. great fragrance..

fragrance_fan
fragrance_fan

"Giraffes didn't exist until Chuck Norris uppercutted a horse."

You know, you might like Chuck Norris but he was kinda a jerk back in the day. He would always be doing these showoff sidekicks at parties trying to impress the ladies. Me? I would sit back and watch to see which ones actually were impressed. My type was the gal who would laugh at what a fool he was makin himself out to be and that's the lady i would talk to - and if i had me some Ungaro III that's the lady i would leave with!

One night at one of these highfalutin Hollywood parties many years later, I sat back and watched ... but I wasn't alone I brought along a bottle of Ungaro III. i knew Chuck was goin through some rough stuff abd he would be back to doin his usual stuff ... this was in the ninties and he was getting pretty far past his prime.
He was striking out big. His kicks lost their spring. The ladies didn't even give him a second look. They were all gathering around Steven Segal with his hair slicked back. He was humming somethin about breaking some guys arm. The ladies were giggling like school girls ... except for one and then I knew what I had to do.
I stepped over to Chuck and said : "Hey friend what's with the clown frown?" me and Chuck went way back.
"Ah, I just ain't got it anymore brudah" he said.
"Chuck, you're barkin up the wrong tree. This ain't your game anymore. Time to grow up." i said and i sprayed him with the Ungaro III.
His slouched back straightened - his frown turned upside-down. Something clicked and I told him give that one gal a try. Needless to say he stepped away with the lady. I know she could have been mine but sometimes you just gotta step aside for a friend who's climbin that wall.

I don't know what it is about Ungaro III. It makes you feel kind and almost like you know something few people know. Like you've been through it and you're better for it. What I mean is it has a good comfortable age to it, sophistication and poise. It doesn't try hard but it is hard ya know? It's fresh and upbeat without being young and in your face. Ungaro III is the middle aged Chuck Norris of colognes and yah know what - I don't care what anyone says, that's a beautiful thing!

Zerga55
Zerga55

Some People said this frag is Good for Night out. I Said F*** U All. This is MAGIC JUICE I Sprayed It Daytime Go To Work any Season Any Occasion anytime walk around Girls at The Club & Attack attack ,attack 15 sprays a day . That's The Way I Like It. MY RATING 10/10

reinvented_0
reinvented_0

I discovered this perfume accidentaly while testing others. As soon as the perfume touched my skin I knew it had to be mine and bought it right away.. it has became my signature perfume and everyone who smells it loves it.

I love it because it's not a common fragance people can recongize or smell anywhere, so that's why it's become MINE!

sobluedeep
sobluedeep

masculine, sexy, seductive, attractive
i fall love with this perfume every day ,
Thnx Emanuel Ungaro

MarcoPoiana
MarcoPoiana

So perfect!

stayclose
stayclose

To me this is a very citrus floral scent i don't get a lot of rose until the end but its there. The lavender is very faint and the geranium and orange seem to dominate. It does smell boozy, not like rum more like straight moonshine. I like it but there is a note in it which gives a very synthetic smell. I guess that's why it not too expensive. Not bad for a aftershave type of smell.

lateeeno
lateeeno

Loewe esencia . A photo copy . Daring and sharp to the bones . Green and mossy in a crazy way . The dry down is way better than the opening . In 30 minutes u get the best of it .

Projection : average
Longevity : very good
Smell : excellent once it dries down

sunnysniffs
sunnysniffs

fragrance is below average.. too synthetic..
save your money ..

jerseyjoe1981

still loving this scent. Fall season again and three sprays of this gentle elegant fragrance and I'm in bliss.

Can't see the hate comments on this one. I really think this deserves more respect than it gets.

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

New formulation review:
I struggled to find a time to wear this and it finally hit me, this is for those special times with your significant other. To my inexperienced nose, it starts off pretty sharp with the vodka note, but it levels out to a floral baby powder smell, lol. It's a very soft scent (Sillage is fantastic) and will fit perfectly if you plan on laying rose petals all over the bed and preparing a nice dinner for your partner. And please please please, do not overspray this one - there is no need.
UPDATE:
Despite liking this fragrance, I ended up giving it away because its not versatile and doesn't fit my style.

Go4broke
Go4broke

Im not sure what to make of ungaro III. It is unquestionably an elegant, complex yet well blended fragrance but Im finding this one a little old fashioned (im 33). I cant figure out if the rose note sits on the right side of masculine or not. As much as I appreciate this frag, I cant bring myself to wear it on a night out. If I do, i'll let you know how it went. ;-)

90hou
90hou

Not my stuff,too soapy.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

I didnt get any Vodka on my skin but inctensive patchouli and rose. it is a very elegant fragrance.

addict911
addict911

increible y original, una entrada de vodka un tanto explosiva, seguido por un sensual olor a rosas, de principio no pasa desapercibido mas la verdadera sorpresa viene cuando este seca. ya seco podras apreciar un aroma extremadamente original e interesante. un perfume fantastico que te hara sentir un magnate

fijador----4/5

percepcion---3/5

aroma----5/5

CHSeifert
CHSeifert

A MASTERPIECE !

Fantastic mix of a lot of ingredients/notes - Love the opening, love mid and love the base.

Rose, geranium, vodka, cedar, sandalwood - ohhh my god, I just love this.

Very underrated - probably for 30+ years old and up.
A classic masterpiece !

Think of Zino Davidoff, Azzaro Acteur and Chanel Egoiste blended and you pretty much have Ungaro III

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

The only fragrance, out of the hundreds that I ever tried, that made me nauseated. I'm not exagerrating, I am being literal. I literally felt like I had to puke. At drydown, it got a little better, but it still wasn't something I wanted to smell, much less smell like.

Most of the scent I actually liked (a sweet floral similar to Eternity or Cool Water), but it was the vodka note that made me feel sick to my stomach. The scent of vodka makes me sick. If it weren't for that vodka note, I probably would have worn it a lot.

I threw this in the trash. And when I use the word threw, I am being literal as well. The little trash bin spun around on its sides because of the speed and force I threw this one out.

If you have no problem with a vodka note, or even like it, go for it. It's priced right. For me, I can't deal with a vodka note. So that's an instant deal breaker.

Otakar Ishar

Absolutely MASTERPIECE for me.Very underrated.

instantjim
instantjim

Recently Two highly reputed male floral fragrances came into my possession; they are Ungaro III and Dior Homme. Dior Homme is a bonafide masterpiece, but what of Ungaro III? Vodka is one of the notes recorded, but what does that smell like, exactly? Ethanol I suppose. What I get is a green sharpness balanced with floral notes and woods. It makes me think somewhat of Absynthe pour Homme by Avon, though Ungaro is a little sharper. If it was a colour, the opening would be acid green. This is reportedly a rose fragrance, but to me there is more of a general floral accord, by this I mean it doesn't have the sweetness I associate with most of the roses growing in my garden, it is more like a sour apple rose. The rose doesn't exert its individual character, but instead contributes to a wonderful balance. Although I prefer Dior Homme with its powdery iris, Ungaro III is a different and equally valid expression of a the male floral.

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

Totally different from what I've expected based on the reviews here and in basenotes. I've read that this one was dark, and an ode to rose. But maybe I tried it after the reformulation, because to me this is a light aromatic fougere which despite of having a rosy accord in its heart, it doesn't overshadows the other notes, and the scent itself doesn't show up being dark to me. In fact, quite the opposite.
It has been three years now wearing this one.

This one opens with an abundant burst of alcoholic, lavender and citrousy notes. I can detect some spices too. It's refreshing and warm at the same time... very intriguing and different. Then, the alcoholic notes fade away and the lavender is toned down a bit to give room to an astonishingly beautiful floral heart, slightly predominated by the rose, but with the geranium very proeminent too. The fresh-and-warm-at-the-same-time sensation is pure bliss, an it has a slight sweetness that is deliciously seductive and misterious. The base helps to augment the beauty of the heart while adding a musky masculine edge to it. The sandalwood here is amazing, and so is cedar and moss too.
This thing is quite possibly the most seductive and lady killer scent that I've worn. It is indeed a very adequate choice for a date. The sillage is above average, and it does last longer than I thought. After 8 hours I still receive compliments, despite of my own lack of capacity to smell it on me (olfactory fatique, probably).

As if the good things I've said about this scent weren't already enough, this is very reasonably priced, not widely known, and versatile enough to be worn in a variety of situations and weather temperatures. It could be easily used as a signature scent.

Ungaro III is very close of being a masterpiece.

ZELJO

a great mature parfum, for gentlemen, for full of class older than 40 men, isnt especially long lasting but its elegant enough and suitable for formal cases, and the bottle....thats class

Chimp
Chimp

Ungaro III is a great scent but it's not for me because i don't enjoy the strong vodka note on the opening. The drydown is very soft and subtle and emanates elegancy. I'd recommend Ungaro III for mature men looking for a good fragrance.

jackieee
jackieee

honestly i had read so many reviews they were all positive i didnt believe it would be as how its told so i order it and to say when first sprayed it smells like deodorant for like the first 3 second wich reminded me of drakkar and the next 3 seconds smells like polo sport but after it starts to dry the dry deodorant smell goes away and so does the polo then you can smell the tabacco and a flowery scent but the dry down is unbelievable it goes form strong masculine scent to sweet powdery erotic floral manly scent it is still going strong 12 hours later the mixture of tabaco with flowers never goes away and its just memorizing my dad gets so many compliments he had finished his 3.4 oz that i had gotten for him !!! seriouisly no man will not fall in love with scent im a girl and i can stop sniffing him , lol ... reminds me of a more masculine scent of paco robannes 1 million .

MrMookie

My second review on this one:
Have to say this scent is magnificent! im totally in love with it!
Not a big sillage monster but its soooo well blended! The softness in it out of this world.
THIS IS THE NEW ART!
I adore a few, and this is one them.

pooptyme
pooptyme

Scent is at times familiar, but is a good one to wear to work/business in small doses and a bit more during leisure time... Give a it try.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

WOW! It has been a while since I have discovered a fragrance I have instantly fallen in love with. This is a very light accessible beautiful floral (rose) with some chypre tendencies. It has the most wonderful soft well blended floral heart with a gorgeous light mossy woody base. Perfect for spring and even formal occasions. This was a very successful blind buy. This is the second incarnation I am reviewing.

MrMookie

I got 3.4 oz today! i put it on my wrist now im now sniffing.
my first Sniff : Im not stunned at once, maybe it needs to grow and dry down but ok its a ok scent in the first minutes not too heavy for me at all.
My first impression is that this is a gentlemens frag its aromatic and somhow deep.
Its smells clean and fresh too.
Im almost sure its smells a bit like Photo from Karl Lagerfeld! buts i need to test that tonight on both arms.

To be continued.
Now im smelling the drydown it gets softer and more classy my best review would be if i apply it after a good shower and spray it over my whole body.
I will do this later for sure so...
to be continued 2

Update
Holy Sh!t this drydown is awesome!!! very close to the skin but great man!!
I totally inderstand K1 for his review i must say the first 30 minutes are ok but then it evolves to a super warm and luxerous frag!
Im already excited to put it over my body instead of my wrist!
I think it has similarities in the drydown with dolce & gabanna pour homme they are not a like but they both have that soft,creamy and gentle smell

m-hani

ماندگاری و پخش مناسب و در حد معمولی داره
با احترام

santino
santino

Take a rose and mix it with spices, oakmoss, sandalwood and patchouli. Allow it to ferment in a dark smoky chamber. Then put that mixture on your body. You smell Ungaro 3. It is a great evening scent. Goes well with nice red wine, fine cuisine and a good company.
10/10 :-)

jerseyjoe1981

just bought this today at the mall. You know what...it's not bad. Not bad at all. It is super MUSKY and I like that. This is a very masculine fragrance but not blasting in your face as KOUROS or some other 80's scents. I can't really pinpoint this fragrance to describe it to you. It has that undertone of Drakkar Noir in there that you get in the base....that musky note which I love. It's more pronounced in this fragrance so its very manly smelling. I'm really liking this though. It also has a bit of D&G the one but without the sweetness or coconut in it.

I'm happy I purchased this, I think this will be used a lot this winter. I was surpsied because I have strayed away from designer scents because I like to be different. But who can resist this masculine fragrance?? I hope its not discontinued or I'll stock up on it myself. Only thing is will it go bad after a few years even if unopened in a dark area?

mmm mmm mmm im loving the whiffs i get...lol dammit yesss I love this hobby

EseveN
EseveN

Outstanding (masculine, not old-like) floral fragrance.
It's elegant, rich and sexy.
For sure, one of my very favorite perfumes.

Luforge
Luforge

Fresh burst of orange/lemon and coriander with a touch of woody tones..Great sillage and sandalwood/patchouli drydown..just perfect for all occasions..Its a shame this one is discontinued and im glad ive stocked up on a few bottles..

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I'll try my best to descrivbe Ungaro 3 cus its not, in any books, a safe scent, its a dangerour gift.

"Wow!" I thoght when i smelt it on the paper. Deep green, almost chypre.
But then that first spray on the skin was sour and repulsive, keeping in mind i test evey fragrance that i try on my hand as a rule no.1.
The drydown is much better though, and with the drydown being so deliciously masculine (butch-elegance i call it) its worth that initial spritz on the neck thats almost a lil overpowering to be able to periodically taste that woody/green, t-shirt masculinity that reminds me of my childhood. My paedeotrician use to wear this scent (im 90% sure of it) and i loved, when he weighed me on regular check ups, to stand under him and take in that soft butch-elegance i new i wanted to smell of when i grew up. It's floral, grassy masculinity in a bottle.
Similar to Zino by character but not smoky or powerful.
Similar to Safari without the spice and dessert-warmth, more of a humid forrest warmth.
I picked it up for $10 / 50ml today from a cosmetics shop. Massive bargain lol

Karenin
Karenin

My first blind buy. A curious scent, I must admit. It´s floral, yet managing to stay on the masculine side. The rose is in the limelight in this one, which in itself is a stroke of genius as there aren´t that many masculine fragrances featuring such a well-blended rose note. I´m not sure if I love Ungaro III, but I most certainly like it and would recommend it, especially to individuals who appreciate perfumes whose primary aim is not to appeal to the masses. Ungaro III may not be everyone´s cup of tea.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It was a blind buy. However, it wasn’t without thinking, because I have read lots of reviews and heard lots of opinions about it before to “push the button”.

We are talking about a complex scent, even though, timeless.
As soon as it applied, I must confess that I didn’t like the top notes. Something gives me the idea that what is coming won’t please me and maybe I have not done a good purchase. Why? Definitely, the notes of vodka + lavender + oranges + lemon + coriander don’t achieve a good result. This is bad for those who buy colognes because the smell they feel on the paper, in the stores. BUT, as I am an addicted, I can wait for what the fragrance has to show me!

Well then, after 10 minutes since applied, it starts evolving and the most curious is that you can almost forget the cologne you have applied (Am I drunk by the Vodka?). Suddenly, I noticed a delicious aroma, with an incomparable softness and elegance. Pay attention: when I say softness, doesn’t mean that the cologne is soft, without power. I’m talking about the way it penetrates inside my nostrils without “burning” them. And the magic begins!

Then, we have the perfect union of flowers (and I love colognes with a hint of jasmine) and wood. I can feel a nice sandalwood, framed by patchouli and vetiver. The final touch? Oakmoss and musk…which, in my opinion, defines it as an “aromatic fougére” more than an “aromatic green”.

Final impression: a romantic, mysterious and luxurious scent. Huge lasting but with lack of projection. Sometimes you think you are not perfumed anymore, but the aroma is there, exhaling perfectly.
Wonderful scent!

bonovox
bonovox

It is hard to compete with the wonderful review by K1, but let me put my little spin on it. I was little nervous trying this out as I've never had a fragrance that opens with the smell of a vintage vodka combined with the sweetness of lavender. Maybe it's this particular formulation, but I do not smell any citrus, so the sweetness must be coming from the wonderful combination of floral patterns. It was easy to pick up the notes throughout the day as they did not change too much, but going from inside to outside and back it did change on my skin. Whereas other fragrances seem to lose that initial potency, this one seems to be well designed to blend both the opening, heart, and dry down into a very masculine, confident fragrance. It would not be for the younger generation probably because patchouli and musk after two or three hours give it a much more sophisticated and long-lasting manly aroma. Perfect for a suit and tie affair in the winter any time, or a cool autumn evening. A similar fragrance would probably be Givenchy Intense as a comparison without as much spiciness.

Having yet to try the original Ungaro and Ungaro II, I cannot make any comparisons. It does seem that there is quite a difference even within the III, between the two bottles. You can go on eBay and find a 3.4 ounce bottle of this juice for under $25. I'm not sure if that's a great buy, or if it says something about the reformulation compared to the original red box. I will probably be using this very sparingly for very specific occasions, and with the sillage and longevity you do not want to overdo this. I think three sprays would be perfect.

Longevity 8/10
Sillage 9/10
Scent 10/10

leecher88
leecher88

got the latest version the forth version and have to say in the beginning i didnt smell some notes out and the projection is nothing special !

i dont know the vintage but after 8 hours i can tell you one thing it smells after about 8 hours 9 hours like mold or mildew this is just awful dont buy the latest version black cap black box !!!!!

guys stay away from the latest version

cockerul
cockerul

Un parfum sofisticat, pentru ocazii nu poate fi purtat zilnic...
Imi place mult, e deosebit, e... UNGARO III

WOOOOOW this fragrance is all about seduction and sophistication. In one word REMARKABLE.
The perfume is Floral but yet masculine. From experience I can say that no female can resist this perfume. This perfume is one of the good examples of few design houses were all of their perfumes are either bad or so bad … but all of a sudden they come out with remarkable masterpiece!!!

Silage: 9/10
Unique and sexy: 10/10

Newest review: I was able to acquire some of the original, “Made in France” formulation. It is indeed miles ahead of the one I tried a few years ago. It’s rich, natural-smelling, well-balanced, and dynamic. Comparing this to the newer formulation is like comparing an ancient gold coin in excellent condition to a quarter minted a year ago that somebody decided to put gold plate on in his basement.

New review: I'll give this a neutral because I have yet to try the original. Apparently, I got the third formulation (red and black box, black cap). I found it to be unbalanced and "synthetic" or "chemical" smelling, with strong lavender up front and not much of a base. It was almost like a bar of soap dipped in chemicals. Recently, I acquired Molto Smalto, which seems to be along the same lines, with the exception that it lacks the rose note. Imagining what it might be like with a rose note, I can understand the positive reviews of the original Ungaro III. Molto Smalto has a light creamy orange (the floral notes apparently softening the citrus) and a dry, light sandalwood base. It's nice but not dark. If U3's rose added the "darkness" that many speak of (in the original formulation), I can understand why so many view it as a "landmark" fragrance. The new formulation is for novices, in my opinion, because it does not possess the naturalness nor the solid base that excellent fragrances must have, if the perfumer/company wants them taken seriously.

Old review: I must have gotten one of the reformulated bottles. There was a harsh, green lavender amidst a chemical soup of background notes. Not pleasant at all. Eventually, it smells like a cheap bar of soap, one that they sell in the dollar store that look like little round roses, several to a bag. It's in the Eternity for Men realm. Others include Le Roy Soleil and Germain's Sexual for Men. Another, the one I like the most, is Molto Smalto, though these are not my favorite kinds of fragrances. Perhaps the original formulation was good, but I may never know. I don't really see what the reformulation has to offer, because there are better ones out there for about the same price, assuming that you enjoy this kind of fragrance.

guest_Frag
guest_Frag

Smells like a lighter, better Eternity for Men to me. Much nicer though.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Retro and very very ordinary - will give it away as a present, somebody else might really like it. Fragrances are so subjective...like music.

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

This is quite remarkable. I would place this in top 3 fragrances in my collection and probably one of the better fragrances I've had a pleasure of smelling. Longevity and silage are impressive as well bursting up to 7 hours on my skin. Very versatile as well. Perfect.

KONRAD
KONRAD

UNGARO III is Like the ONE OF THOSE CLASSICAL MUSIC melodies that you never forget.POWERFUL,STRONG,ELEGANT,LONG LASTING very unique.Is a great composition of Flowers,spices y fine notes that won`t belive it. Ungaro III Take you to PARADISE.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

From the Apparitions to "U" by Avon, this is THAT one. The black and gold suits this fragrance perfectly. Ungaro III is the royalty of the collection. Masculine and conservative. I'll be sitting this bottle alongside my Cartiers. A very nice floral green, however not feminine. Potent, yet soft and loyal to the skin. I'm giving all the stars I can for this one. I wish I had come across this during the fall season, though I am grateful to have found it at all. Oh yes... and this is romance, all the way. I'm a hardcore romantic, so I immediately gave this that recognition.

Otakar Ishar

For me one of the best mens fragrances.Diamond on the Earth.

da_markos
da_markos

i can agree with most ppl here. it's pleasant rose&vetiver scent. some notes reminde me vetiver by fragonard

guest_pedro marques

Ernie you can find it in the best ebayer i met.jf1528 from coimbra portugal.this guy arranje some botles and he is trusthful

AZ
AZ

I just got it and love it. Long time my brother used to have it and loved the smell. It is as aggressive as Ralph Laurn Safari or Polo Green

guest_pedro marques

this is the best ungaro frangracys.very woody spicy.Hot and strong.the longevity are very good.one of my tree favourite frangrancys.The others are: Boss spirit and Havana

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

A wonderful masculine cologne. A strong aggressive opening with the citrus and vodka. But very quickly like other said before me the earthy rose kicks in and stays throughout the course of the cologne. very strong, last for hours.

nikornplay
nikornplay

very classic .I am very fond of this one.
For me this is a very good mix of wood and spice with a kick of floral and vodka.sweet and mysterious sensual. not so strong , suit to wear everyday.

hernie

One of my favourites ever!! it´s been discontinued since 2000. I can´t find it anywhere!!. it´s sooooo sexy and long lasting!. Adore it

wildheaven
wildheaven

Another wonderful fragrance form Ungaro. It starts spicy/fresh with orange, tangerine, pepper. The heart is a complex mix of flowers, with the coriander pepper note still lingering in. Then the base is a musky amber giving it a dirty elegance.
I bought the new version, it seems somehow toned down, but still great nonethless.

countbernadotte
countbernadotte

Emanuel Ungaro tried three times to amalgamate masculinity with floral. His first attempt was somewhat unsuccessful; his second was a complete market flop.

But as the saying goes: “Three’s a Charm”; his third attempt in Ungaro III has been a fine specimen of class, taste and sophistication.

In fact it could easily be described as an experience of indulgence in the floral prettiness of a fragrance with an extremely charming masculine exuberance.

The name Emanuel Ungaro is synonymous with sophistication, his fragrance is almost nonpareil in simultaneous masculinity and prettiness. There is a powerful rose note in there, but it is a tart rose note rather than sweet; which gives the fragrance its masculine character.

Because of its intensity, it is a true evening fragrance, or a fragrance for a speciall occasion. It would be an overkil if you wore it casually or in the office.

However, if you are like me, fascinated by its powerful masculinity and great appeal to all who encounter you wearing it, you can always dilute it with 1-1 by volume, using pharmaceutical grade alcohol; that is 200-proof pure ethanol, the same stuff perfume manufacturers employ.

This way you can wear it during the day without fear of an overkill.

Two thumbs up.

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

" Dark passion " is the accolade for this fragance, one of the four which I carefully choose for my wardrobe. Is perfect for a romantic dinner. Smells like a very expensive fragance.

flannelman
flannelman

A very sensual, masculine rose fragrance.

The opening is quite sharp, fougère-like and dominated by citrus, lavender and a touch of vodka. I found it a bit agressive at first but it has definitely grown on me.

Lots of flower notes in the heart but rose is definitely the star here. This is not a shy white rose — not by a long shot! It's a dark, mysterious thorny rose bush; perhaps growing alongside the wall of an old manor house. But it's not just dark: Ungaro III is also classy, seductive, lush, and effortlessly sophisticated. It's on a mission to attract people and is very succesful at it.

The rose is still noticeable in the drydown, which is warm and balsamic, with a little sweetness thrown in.

The sillage is extremely good for the first few hours; longevity is average, 4 hours on me. The bottle is very nice, and matches the spirit of the fragrance.

knightz
knightz

Ungaro III is a wonderful masculine floral fragrance with a heavy emphasis on Rose/Rosewood. It has most of the florals I love, Lavender, Geranium, Jasmine, and Lily of the Valley, but the Rose is most dominant. There is Sage and Coriander in the top, with a touch of citrus, to steer the scent away from being completely floral. The base is a typical Sandalwood-Patchouli with a hint of Vetiver.

I should stress that the rose is very aggressive in this, and along with the rosewood it almost smells a little dirty (dark & earthy). The dirty rose is the charm of Ungaro III, it stays with the scent throughout it's duration. Rose is even a dominant note during the dry down, it gives the scent it's sensuality. If you don't like lots of rose, you will not like Ungaro pour L'Homme III.

The sillage is very good for the first 3 or 4 hours, then comes in closer during the next 3 or 4 hours, but still has some projection. For me, it's great for a cool fall day or evening, and possibly in very early spring while it's still quite cool. In hot weather this one can get cloying to me. It's just too rich for the heat. Even in the colder weather I apply this very sparingly, 1 or 2 sprays misted from about 2 feet away.