Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

Vivara (2007) Emilio Pucci for women

Vivara (2007) Emilio Pucci for women
dislike

Vivara (2007) Emilio Pucci for women Pictures Vivara (2007) Emilio Pucci for women Pictures Vivara (2007) Emilio Pucci for women Pictures

Vivara (2007) by Emilio Pucci is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Vivara (2007) was launched in 2007. Vivara (2007) was created by Francois Demachy, Nathalie Gracia-Cetto and Marie-Aude Couture-Bluche. Top notes are amaretto, galbanum and bergamot; middle notes are orange blossom, jasmine and narcissus; base notes are patchouli, iris and vetiver.

Amaretto Galbanum Bergamot

Orange Blossom Jasmine Narcissus

Patchouli iris Vetiver

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit

Vivara (2007) Fragrance Reviews

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

Scents like Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior Cherie have been declared the new modern chypres, however, for those who have smelled true vintage chypres, there's no real comparison. Vivara, on the other hand, is what a modern chypre should smell like -bitter, fresh, summery and sporty. It does not, thankfully, resemble the harsh leathery old Vivara of the 1960s but it still does have a distinctive chypre quality.

What Vivara retains of vintage quality is a sharp dusty green accord, looking at the note pyramid is due to galbanum (which I love, and is very strong here), bergamot, vetiver, and patchouli. The vetiver is presumably replacing oakmoss in this formula, as far as the traditional chypre recipe goes. I think it works, as the vetiver makes the perfume fresher smelling than I think it otherwise would be had they stuck to tradition in making this.

The two strongest notes for me are the galbanum, and bergamot. Might sound strange, but know how some people think Alien by Thierry Mugler smells "purple." I don't know if it's due to the packaging, but Vivara smells as radioactively neon lime green as the juice does. The perfume softens over time with some florals (hard to tell which) and amaretto sweetening things up a tad bit. The amaretto is noticeable, but not very strong in this perfume if you were particularly interested in Vivara because of it. If you are wanting more of an Amaretto perfume I'd recommend Irresistible by Alkemia. Like I said, this perfume is only sweet enough to make it just barely more feminine than masculine - even then it's rather unisex.

Men don't really compliment me on this, but lots of women have. Which I think is a good sign that this scent, despite how unusual and off-trend it is, is totally marketable. I don't really remember much advertising around the Vivara range, which is a shame, because I do think women would buy the 2007 Vivara based on the reactions I've had off of it if only they knew about it. I have never ever smelled another perfume like this one. I think it's one of the best summer perfumes ever released. Please join me in my prayers that the Emilio Pucci brand re-releases this perfume. I could barely afford it to begin with but now it's extra unaffordable with the eBay price hikes as it gets more and more rare.

Note about sillage/longevity: not the best lasting on skin, but lasts fairly well on clothes, and is more than an arms length strength.

Boulderhijabi
Boulderhijabi

I've had this sitting unused on my shelf for at least the past 6 months, never even really used it! I hadn't liked it initially, but I tried it again on a summer morning in June and fell in LOVE. It's a nice fresh floral that's great for spring and summer, but it also has a hint of sophisticated sweetness (the amaretto), that ties everything in together beautifully. A sweet floral that I can actually stand to wear more than once is rare enough, this is a rarer scent still. I highly approve!

magnolia_xx
magnolia_xx

After all these good reviews I was very happy to try it, but it was a great disappointment for me! I can smell a terribly "fake" plastic note that reminds me of a cleaning product.
What a pity!

Mihail
Mihail

Something strange also is inexplicable the attractive. Saturated green bitter juice for escentric persons. Grassy, alcoholic and absolutely special. Beautiful long lasting vetiver&amaretto. Possibly the most unusual unisex cyhpre. Unforgettable!

joan100
joan100

This fragrance was to my immediate liking as I had only smelled a sample. At the time this was too expensive for me to buy but now I cannot find it anywhere! If I had knew at the time this wouldnt exist anymore I would of saved up and brought at least 1 bottle before it went out of production. Groan!

mpoumpou
mpoumpou

I can not find it where i can buy ? Its my best perfume but 2 years ago i can not find it :( please help me !!!!!!!!

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

WOW, I finally got my hands on a bottle and I am sooooooooooo disappointed . Sure it smells really beautiful.....FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES... then it's gone , just a faint smell of hairspray. Not too much different from Versace's crystal ...just aweful! what a waste of money

Cant believe the positive reviews here. I guess 1 out of two isn't bad. I recently purchased this and nature millenaire due to reviews on this site, and nature millenaire is sublime, so I guess I have to take the good with the bad. thanks to everyone

[email protected]
nellyrlight@aol.com

fantastic scent! clean, fresh, but warm and sexy at the same time..highly addictive..sophisticated--sets itself apart from the rest..love it!

ensoleille
ensoleille

I love, love, love Vivara!
I was a surfer as a teenager, and it reminds me of Sea & Ski (an old suntan lotion) mixed with salt on the skin. I have the EDT spray which doesn't seem to last very long, but I am perfectly willing to carry it with me and re-spray throughout the day.
It makes me smile the instant it hits my skin.

LauraLK
LauraLK

I am so in love with this perfume but I see it has been discontinued here in America at least. Does anyone know where this can be ordered online at least?

Galya
Galya

I love it ,it's just perfect in the bottle....
A bit cold and fresh,I feel a nice note of amaretto+a lot of iris.
Thank you,samberg for finding this treasure for me!

So this is what a "modern chypre" smells like. It's pretty terrific. I like the cool, green, mildly sweet floral and powdery notes. It's missing the heavy patchouli I tend to expect from a typical chypre. I can barely smell it all in this one.

erika.rico
erika.rico

Just got it at Epcot I the Italian pavilion. Love it

Irishfire
Irishfire

One of my favorite fragrances. Fresh, floral without being cloying, slighly citrus-y. So pretty! A wonderful late spring/summertime scent.

c3c
c3c

Well I have to admit I don't share the excitement for this one. It's not that it's bad, it's just not great. I cant say I don't like it, just that I don't have any desire to run out and get it. From the opening notes it quickly fades to something leaning in the direction of Bond No. 9 Fire Island, but it's much quieter and just lacking the "va-voom." Vivara is o.k. but it's far from sexy and exciting in my book. I definitely don't smell amaretto (which I love) or Jasmine. It's sort of an alright sandy beach smell. I would still love to see the bottle in person though.

aray
aray

I wasn't sure what to expect but BAM did it impress me! It was like a burst of energy and laughter, which, to my surprise didn't immediately fade away but, quite the opposite, actually seemed to have a ripple effect and increased over the following 30-45 minutes.

The dry-down is extremely yummy, zesty and warm. Good mood in a bottle, I kid you not!

yslorchiddechinee
yslorchiddechinee

This is the sexiest perfume I've ever smelled, and I'm EXTREMELY picky. (I'm also kinda allergic to some perfumes) This one actually makes my stomach go "mmmmmm" every time I smell it.

marrojas
marrojas

Divine parfum and it stays for a long while :)

suzy Nasr

I had to comment again. I sprayed this yesterday and OMG i still smell it on me today even after I showered.

suzy Nasr

Beautiful. its very long lasting maybe p to more than 6 hours. smells beautiful.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Wow ... I think this is the definition of floral chypre. Really nice mix of sporty fragrance with an elegant fragrance for gala dinners, the smell very flexible, particularly it seems a bit herbal and heavy but it keeps me captive, it is interesting and very sexy scent. For girls to 35. Highly recommended.

sjbst17
sjbst17

I love it, puts me in a good mood.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I find this bright spicy-aquatic-floral. It raises your mood )) It is very good in cold weather. Vivara remains me some of Givenchy's fragrances but it is not too overpowering as Givenchys usually are.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Well:cucumber,pepper and something breezy...

rainydays
rainydays

I usually can hardly tolerate green florals. There's something about them that's not feminine, not uplifting, not attractive... Pucci Vivara did not fit these expectations. To my surprise, it was a surprisingly happy fragrance; joyful while still being modern and elegant. It really does smell expensive. However, I still would not purchase this because I'll never be in love with anything too green or aquatic (not to mention this one did not receive any positive compliments). To each his or her own!

Sissi
Sissi

This isn't your original Chypre your grandmom used to wear it's clean and modern The opening is green with an sour
tinge of Galbanum then as it dries it sweetens with Amaretto an alcoholic note
that is a bit brave and daring even if the
consumer is under 21, orange blossom is a tad diluted also jasmine but Narcissus
with it's deep and intoxicating properties is dominant and blends nicely

Orris or Iris adds to a powdery earthy
finish and with dry Vetiver.

The Boozy sweetness is a cross between
Ralph Lauren's Pure Turquoise & Queen Latiffah's Queen also i never tried
to original Vivara so i can't judge
but this is nice but it does'nt last long on my skin.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Chypre florals are not really mu cuppa, Vivara, however, got me down on my knees.
It is a strong fragrance, standing out and making you feel very feminine. I do not detect any notes on their own and associate the fragrance with more of a floral green than chypre floral fragrance.
It smells expensive, has great sillage and lasting power.
Perfect for an evening night out, romantic date. I have used it during summer time and it felt great, but I think it would feel even better when worn during winter months.
Very rich and perfect masterpiece!

moly
moly

I love it for the optimism, energy and freshness. Really excellent perfume, beautiful and joyful.
Edit: Testing fragrances is such fun, but I keep coming back to this masterpiece. This is the most beautiful perfume I know and I'm so lucky having it. The opening is slightly sweet and alcoholic, a bit cold and spicy, so tasty. It must be amaretto with galbanum, which are present so long on my skin and which warm the floral heart. The base is warm and gentle. I can feel the scent for such a long time in its most beautiful form, I smelled it on my wrist for about 8 hours. Sweet, warm and delicate base is still detectable 14 hours after application. Lovely fragrance, worth trying.

Sparkly fun green citrus. Incredibly well-blended, with fabulous lasting power. It isn't something different enough to tempt me to a full bottle, but it could be someone's favorite summer frag. Worth a try if you like crisp green citrus scents.

elusivek
elusivek

Simply put, this one makes me gloriously happy.

At first spray it is fresh (citrus?), oceanic, floral, and a breath of spicy all at once. It's uplifting and exceptional.

The next phase I am not so crazy about. It's full of bright/white florals but it's sharp. Fortunately it's on to its next phase very quickly.

The sharpness of the floral tones down when warm amber and sandalwood notes come in then it lingers there w a touch of sweetness.

This perfume makes me think of running in the warm sunshine, with the wind in my hair, barefoot at the edge of the ocean with the cool but refreshing water kissing my feet.

In a word, euphoric. I absolutely treasure scents that can transport me like this one does.

cherdew
cherdew

I searched for a few years for a new signature fragrance. Two years ago I found it with Vivara. There is not a time I wear this that I do not get a compliment. Especially when I kiss friends hello- they always tell me how great I smell. Now I am in a panick because several major retailers are not carrying it anymore! OH NOOOO I am in search to hoard as much body lotion and perfume as I can now! HELP

belletresor
belletresor

Purchased after I tried it on via a fragrance strip in the Nordstrom catalog. This fragrance is VERY unusual - I ALWAYS get compliments and comments when wearing. I am very very PICKY about fragrance and have very few that make the "favorite" category, but this is one! The strongest evidence for me was when my husband, who NEVER notices or says he likes my fragrances consistently comments how much he loves this one!

I love the sparkling top notes on this, perhaps citrus-y at first, but the base notes and drydown have a strange, synthetic smell, reminds me of Vaseline, kind of petroleum-y. Sounds horrid, I know, but that strange murky base is what offsets the sweeter, brighter top notes and keeps this fragrance sophisticated and interesting. I believe without the unusual base notes, it would be just another citrus-y, bland and disappearing scent. IMHO, very unique and feminine with the right balance of edginess. Perfect for office /daytime wear, as it will definitely be noticed, but not overpowering and cloying. Wears very nicely - I don't have to reapply and can still smell it at the end of the day.

Doesn't scream HEY LOOK AT ME I'M SEXAAAAAY.....rather just affirms your sexiness with understated confidence and femininity.

yvashche
yvashche

I usually don't like green or crisp scents but this one is one of my favorites. It is quite complex for a mainsteam fragrance and has depth and a great drydown as well as opening.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I am sorry to say that this is one the most repulsive scents I've ever smelled (if not "the"). There is a strong green/ ozonic note in this fragrance that is simply disturbing. On the other hand, I find it intriguing, so I'll revisit it once in a while to see if I am "missing" something. Beautiful bottle, though.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I have the original Vivara....which is an intensely green zesty alcoholic number, like a boozey daffodil....how does it compare to the 2007 version?

Yana

Finaly I have it! Hurow!!!!It was 50% discount and I'm luckily the owner. My husband loved it , the trail is great, long and beautiful. I'll spend spring and summer with it altering with another one (one of my favourite too). I'm a fan;)

sharyssa
sharyssa

I received this and others as a gift.It is slightly masculine but I can smell the amaretto and patchouli and it isn't my favorite scent but I wear it because it was a gift.I do like these bottles and when they are empty I will collect collect them and probly sit them around the livingroom as decoration.But the perfume will last me a while because I have to be in the mood to wear this.

Yana

Try Vivara directly on your skin, it's chypre and all it's beauty can be smelt from the skin only. Blotters and clothes don't give the full impression. Though I'm glad it doesn't suit everyone...

ramiske
ramiske

I'm still undecided on this one too. I thought I'd love it based on the description, but once I smelled the lotion, I wasn't too impressed. Expecially considering the price, I was expecting "wow". But it seems pretty non-descript to me. However, the bottle is gorgeous!!!

Yana

Vetiver gives the last male note I think. It's usually put into men's parfumes.

guest_Yana
guest_Yana

It's a mixture of white flowers and sea breez for me. It has a long and cool trail of scent. It's good for Spring, like a gulp of fresh air. At the end smells slightly like a Men's parfume, but it doesn't make it worse. Love it! Wanna buy...

BlackIvory
BlackIvory

Hmmm...im a bit undecided on this one..i do like it..it smells different and the jasmine note is very prominent on my skin, although after a while it smells like aftershave!..expensive aftershave nonetheless :)..dont know if i want to go around smelling like a man!

Carla
Carla

Are you mod or modest? If you are the latter then this is not for you! This Cyhpre Floral is an expression of love in a slightly different direction. At first spritz the almond amaretto with it's partners of the citrusy bergamot, bitter orange and muskiness of galbanum, arouses you and prepares you for an exciting journey. You proceed into the heart with a continuation of a softer orange sensation mixed with a faint scent of narcissus and the lush but somewhat heavy jasmine. An unusual beginning, an intriguing middle but the final trek into the dry down is gratifying with the sweet fleur-de-lis, the green mood of vetiver and the magic potion of patchouli. This to me is a multifaceted fragrance that takes on a tone of it's own, like a song with its cadence style. At night, I'd wear this to a concert or anywhere there's live music to heat up the fragrance. For day wear, a trip to the Met while viewing art de object of Italian of Renaissance where concentration is a must for the cool down effect.
I'm glad this noted perfume of the past has been brought back to the forefront, it's a case of everything old is new again. The artsy and keen vivara print bottle brings back the memory of the Gucci, Pucci and Fiorucci revolution. Now that's' Italian

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

This perfume is vile!! I was given a free sample at a swanky department store and thought I'd give it a try once I got home but it smells like a cheap and nasty air freshener. It has a cold, almost clinical (and very unsexy!) smell and it was hard to pick out any particular notes because it smelt to me very artificial. I did give it a try in the hope that it would evolve into a nicer scent on my skin but it didn't and I couldn't wait to wash it off. Absolutely disgusting, yuck.

Van Cat
Van Cat

Delicious and with a good staying power.
Amaretto works good with orange blossom: a smiling fragrance!

ROBERTO
ROBERTO

VIVARA is one of the best perfume launched in 2007.It is a very fresh, green and oceanic fragrance that can be wearable by men. I can detect in this new issue the original Pucci VIVARA of 1965. I am an addict...Bravo Pucci!!!