Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

Zelda En Voyage Perfumes for women

Zelda En Voyage Perfumes for women

Zelda by En Voyage Perfumes is a Oriental fragrance for women. Zelda was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Shelley Waddington. Top notes are bergamot, spicy notes and galbanum; middle notes are magnolia and floral notes; base notes are amber, musk, vanilla, peru balsam, sandalwood, vetiver, cedar and moss.

Bergamot Spicy Notes Galbanum

Magnolia Floral Notes

Amber Musk Vanilla Peru Balsam Sandalwood Vetiver Cedar Moss

Zelda Fragrance Reviews

After the opening of spice, bergamot and galbanum starts to settle this is a creamy bouquet starring magnolia on a gorgeous, rich, slightly mossy bed of musk, sandalwood, vetiver with vanilla periodically dancing through for me. I don't smell rum at any point; I do occasionally get hints of something that my brain reads as coconut in the heart. Sillage and longevity are impressive. Zelda holds it's own against my cabinet full of vintage very nicely.

I feel like I just bathed in a tub of bourbon ball batter. Where's the bourbon on this list of notes? I get no lime, a little magnolia, a slight hint of sandalwood, but a stunning aged bourbon, crushed nuts, vanilla, and a smidgen of powdered sugar. Each holiday season when I make my bourbon balls, part of the recipe requires rolling out the balls in powdered sugar by hand. It's ooey-gooey, yummy, sensual, plus I'm maybe a little tipsy from always adding more bourbon and vanilla than required. It's a crowd pleaser recipe, like this scent...a show stopper. I'm thrilled to have found a gourmand, (to me, not an oriental), that I could see wearing all fall and winter. Two hours in morphs into a light floral/coconut skin scent....very interesting.
Ps. I am not a bourbon drinker, just fyi

I get lots of odd, rich, sticky-sweet (sappy) balsam and spices as it opens. Warm but w/ a slight undertone of a cooler nature (magnolia, I guess, but can't discern it), this definitely is interesting and very different.

To me it's not so much boozy as somewhere between creamy and roughly sugary, like a real sugar scrub with herbal and sandalwood ingredients. It smells like freshly dripped balsam from a cut tree and feels very natural. I'm intrigued but not yet sure if I like it.

3hrs later: ok, I definitely like it. It reminds me of Slumberhouse's Ore but with less of the 'Carmex' smell of that one, and a touch sweeter thanks to sandalwood and spice.

The bourbon smell on this is so medicinal and realistic I can begin to taste it in my mouth after wearing this for a few hours! I'm afraid I don't like liquors like bourbon and whiskey, so perhaps that is influencing me, but I don't care for this one. It dries down to melancholy amber and vetiver. This seems much more masculine than feminine, and I can see a man enjoying this perfume more than a woman.
But I do admire a perfumer's attempt to tell a story or evoke a person. I think that's an interesting concept. I was reading that Zelda Fitzgerald has been unfairly characterized as "crazy" and was actually a talented writer and painter who was driven into depression from her husband's mistreatment. Unfortunately, both of them succumbed to alcoholism. This perfume seems evocative of her wild flapper days.

I was really surprised how this changed over time. I own nothing like it. Goes on with this rich burst of magnolia, bergamot and galbanum with a slight green spicy dash. The bourbon starts coming through all while the magnolia is still present sort of making this fragrance intoxicating. As time goes on the smokiness of amber, balsam and musk become prevalent with hints of sandalwood and it begins to turn dark and a tad dirty but in a great way. I believe there is that hint of vanilla the entire fragrance with the vetiver but is extremely well blended to give it more character. This is what I would call a complex vintage modern kapow of a fragrance. Longevity and silliage are both in the excellent category. Leans more toward the feminine side in the beginning but dries down to an excellent unisex.

Sweet ,woody new oriental scent (reminiscent of vintage perfumes of '20's) ...
It is inspired from the wife of the Nobel awarded famous American writer Zelda Fitzgerald!
Dynamic and mysterious, an authentic representative of the zodiac sign of Leo, she was a stormy personality ...
The opening is dynamic with bergamot and spices ...
the heart rich in magnolia and blossom notes and a dynamic basis of muscs , vanilla , smoky amber and woody vetiver ...
A very special and remarkable composition by Shelley Waddington.

Zelda by En Voyage Perfumes 4.05 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about En Voyage Perfumes Zelda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about En Voyage Perfumes Zelda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zelda by En Voyage Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zelda by En Voyage Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Molinard Habanita Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Guerlain Shalimar Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Serge Lutens Chergui Hermes Hermessence Ambre Narguile Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles Amouage Memoir Woman Chanel Bois des Iles Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Histoires de Parfums Tubereuse 3 Animale Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Mona di Orio Vanille Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur Cartier Must de Cartier