Designers » D E » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

James Bond 007 Eon Productions for men

James Bond 007 Eon Productions for men
dislike

James Bond 007 Eon Productions for men Pictures

Besides a "license to kill" James Bond has his disarming fragrance, starting from 2012. Eon Productions, in charge of all James Bond movies, and Procter & Gamble Co. are launching a new, aromatic-fougere fragrance that brings us back to the 60s. The new fragrance James Bond 007 also celebrates 50 years of the James Bond film franchise and announces the 23rd Bond movie, "Skyfall," expected in cinemas in November 2012!

James Bond 007, the masculine fragrance of the famous hero will be on sale next month, exclusively at Harrods. Its retro, aromatic-fougere composition is created of notes of fresh apples, cardamom, sandalwood, vetiver, lavender, coumarin and moss. This accentuated combination of the aromas of ferns and moss gives a unique seal to the new men’s edition. James Bond 007 was created through the cooperation of Eon Productions and perfumers of the house of Givaudan!

The bottle is dark green and robust, created of glass and having a coarse mesh structure. The silver ring-shaped stopper was inspired by a number of British spy gadgets and the engraved logo "007" is emphasized with a smooth satin ribbon that decorates the center of the bottle. The fragrance is available as 30, 50, 75 and 125 ml EDT.

The fragrance does not represent any of the actors chosen for the role of the popular agent, but is constructed more like a conceptual presentation of Bond's world. The advertising campaign was designed by Greg Williams, who created the campaigns for the five previous Bond films. The campaign will announce the new movie "Skyfall" to all media starting this autumn.

Apple Bergamot Geranium

Rose Lavender Cardamom

Vetiver Sandalwood Patchouli Moss

Be The Legend

James Bond 007 Fragrance Reviews

peferrarine
peferrarine

Fresh green apples. That's the main scent to me. Green apples, along with lavender (probably trying to add depth) and sandalwood to give the (failed) warm embracing feeling.

I think this one could have been MUCH better, even with the same notes, but is not. Is usual, casual, office-friendly everyday scent.

Not bad, but not great. Only regarding the smell, the price is actually fair. The smell is good. Common, but good. But sadly, it lacks sillage and longevity.

Even focusing on James Bond, is more of a everyday college guy scent. The one you could use in the morning, for classes, at the afternoon at the bar and later at night being intimate with someone.
Is nothing special, but is nice.

Could be use all year round, since is not cloying.
Safe blind buy and safe for gifts.

ShengmingHu
ShengmingHu

Nice scent and bottle, but longevity is too weak. 7/10

Nick M
Nick M

Yep, it smells so much like a green apple pie to me; it's comforting yet strange. It's not so bad until I see these other notes like moss and rose, then I start to wish they would shine through more. Tying it to the 007 franchise didn't do it any favors, but it's decent.

GodlyGil
GodlyGil

Apple pie, brine, urinous, and saltwater. What a strange beast.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Ok, so the first thing to point out is that this smells as much like Youth Dew as it does YSL homme nuit, ie nothing at all. Secondly, apple pie? Really? Maybe I use the wrong bakery. I like the fragrance, for all thirty minutes it lasts, but do I want to imagine Daniel Craig stepping out of the sea smelling of this? No chance, as an affordable fragrance this ticks a decent amount of boxes. Lavender, cinnamon, a hint of synthetic bergamot. 6/10

johannbale
johannbale

From my wardrobe, Victorinox Swiss Army Altitude + Paco Rabanne Black XS L'exces = James Bond 007. :)

James Bond 007 = Creed Aventus (approximately after 2hrs)

Smells like a spy. Nice scent but not really my cup of tea. Weak in its lasting power(3-4 hrs on my skin)

scent 7/10
sillage 5/10
longevity 4/10

Overall 53/100

'Not too recommended' unless you don't really care why most superheroes wear their underwear on the outside.

orestes
orestes

Smells exactly like axe instinct,i love this scent!

SkaffTastic
SkaffTastic

Not gonna lie here, im new to cologne, and im also a die hard James bond fan, the is my signature smell, i get compliments all the time about how great I smell. But the stats are right in saying it doesn't last long. I have to spray it more than twice a day to keep the smell on me. After reading this review page and noticing how many people have said that this smells like apple pie, i can't un-smell it. Never once have thought it smelled like that till i read this page. All in all it's cheap and satasfies me so im happy.

Sam37
Sam37

this one is probably the best of all JB frags,
I like it, nicely priced, cool bottle and
the way it opens, there are some similarity
with ysl nuit, give it a try.

TheNewEra
TheNewEra

Pros:
-Very light and inoffensive scent that you can wear to the office or for a night out
-Light sillage will not bother those around you even if you overapply
-Warm sweet fruity scent with a nice small spice to it
-Overall mixes and smells good
-Unique bottle has a built in cap so no more fumbling around trying to find the cap or putting it back on
-Universal Cologne for day,night, summer, winter etc...
-Slightly cheaper than other colognes

Cons:
-Scent is so light that it probably won't be appreciated unless somebody is a few inches from you especially if it is under your clothes
-Your nose will get used to the smell within minutes of spraying this and you will personally not smell it much afterwards
-May find yourself constantly applying more as sillage is poor
-This is NOT what Bond what wear. It is by far not the manliest cologne (that being said its also not overly feminine)
-Smell is just "Good" nothing more, nothing less. If your looking to state something else than this is not the cologne for you.

Personally I used to wear this cologe alot but I found the sillage was very poor and the duration of the scent wore off quickly. I now bring this with me while I am working/travelling as it is the safest cologne that will not offend anybodys senses. It is made by Proctor and Gamble (So honestly I never really expected much) and is on the relatively cheaper side of colognes. If you can get this on sale and are looking to start trying out cologne I would recommend it. If you are looking for a statement cologne (one that says something about yourself) or signature one then I would not use this. This cologne doesn't have the same impact as others I have tried but it definitly is one that I still enjoy despite the poor sillage and longevity.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

I don't like celebrity colognes. Colognes and celebrities are from different worlds. Mixing them doesn't make sense to me.
But let's write a bit about the scent. It is very chocolaty. First, it reminded me of Chanel Homme Sport. Forget the freshness, just he chocolaty scents. For sure there are differences between a masterpiece like Chanel and this 007, but I can see similarities too.
I think it would have been a must buy if the price was something around 15$, but it is not that cheap. I would spend my money more wisely, and buy a better cologne.

alexander.cobabe
alexander.cobabe

Does it smell nice? Very much so.

Does it smell like YSL's la Nuit? Almost exactly

Is it inexpensive? Sure

Does it last super long? Not really, but neither does la Nuit when compared to Bvlgari Aqva.

Does it have anything to do with James Bond? No, and no one cares. It's just a smell. James Bond doesn't wear cologne. He smells like gasoline, gun smoke and a cold martini.

jht4060
jht4060

I do not have this fragrance and I hereby refuse to contribute my money to the continuing trend of bland celebrity scents whose purpose is so blatantly commercial. A perfume whose release notes include the name of the advertising director and not the nose. What more is there to say?

My avatar here is James Bond. He is offended but he says it is a cool looking flask.

gd15329
gd15329

Nice bottle.
oh yes, everything else is a joke... :)

txchococat
txchococat

My husband wears this and I love it - definitely sexy and the lavendar makes is comforting at the same time.

kaysee
kaysee

Fresh, clean, sexy.
It's not what James Bond would wear, if we're talking about Sean Connery being James Bond (He'd be more of a Tom Ford/tobacco fragrance kinda spy)
But I can see Daniel Craig wearing this.
AAAnyway...it's a nice frag. :))

Fawwaz
Fawwaz

nice cheap despite the quality ,

gzalvares
gzalvares

It's good, but it has nothing to do with James Bond! Has no charm or elegance, is not sexy, is not mysterious. Bond would never use it. It is light, fresh, fruity ... common.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

generic

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Apple top notes, yes. And not just apples, but apple *pie.* Was there ever such a gap between persona and execution? This isn't James Bond of the British Secret Service. It's Aunt Bee of Mayberry.

Fully dried it smells like that wretched clean/fresh/sporty scent molecule I smell too much of these days.

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

Tried a sample of this today at Kohl's, and must admit I found it AMAZING. However, it is a bit on the sweet side. It starts out masculine and fresh, but dries down to a sweet sandalwoody scent. I'm geussing it's suppose to bring out the charming, suave, sophisticated side of Bond when he's at parties ready to talk to his new leading lady. Definitely something that he would wear while saying "Shaken, not stirred". It almost reminds me of Playboy VIP only without the white chocolate smell. This has a more masculine vibe going on.

The bottle is probably the coolest thing about it. It comes in a steel(?) mesh kind of design with a mesh cap attached around it, I'm geussing this is to represent a gun. You open the top by twisting the sides which slides the mesh cap down to reveal the nozzle. A very cool bottle cap in my opinion. I believe I will buy this in the gold version because like Bond, it seems classy and masculine with a sweet "twist"

hadrian
hadrian

I allways imagined James Bond wearing something like Aramis, Azzaro PH or Acqua di Selva (during the day) and YSL Pour Homme, Caron's Yatagan or Guerlain's Heritage at the begining of a hot night...
JB007 is the total antithesis of all of these... yet, it is a smooth scent, with a very good drydown. The apple is omnipresent, and after an hour lavander & moss are present too.
After all, a spy - who enter now and then in safe areas etc. - have the license to kill, not the license to smell; so, he don't need a very powerfull perfume :))... I suppose that's the reason JB007 is a quiet and smooth frag; but I'm sure that a collector will find it pleasant and perfect for a day in an office.
Overall, a deserved 7/10.

TheUNTEdge
TheUNTEdge

Smells fine - like Boss Bottled or CK Shock - but doesn't last on my skin for more than a couple of hours. Go for higher quality juice.

spoombung
spoombung

Smells like a watered down CK Shock for men.

Bobster
Bobster

I finally got the chance to test this and I was quite surprised. It's not bad but it's not that good either. I would say this would probably be neutral with a lot of people. When you first spray this right off the top you get a burst of Ck one shock for Him. From the middle it quickly transitions into Azarro's night time and from there it stay pretty much the same through out. I own silver black and I don't think this smells like this at all as some has suggested. It's more like night time than anything. The longevity and projection I would say are average depending on application. Would I own this? Probably not. Should you buy it? If you like Shock or night time you might.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Today I tried it.Was in two variants,gold and black.How my hair-raising to every notion of gold,logical choice was the black.The bottle is very similar to the below mentioned already Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme, very pleasing to the eye and opens retro.Perfum somewhat subtle and warm with mild attacks of benzoin which I do not see the part but has direct.Perfum asphalt itself is not linear, which is for each commendable, but almost all the time keeps you pleasantly warm in all weather breaks (non-existent), benzoin.Perfum also gives a picture of all time, a sporadically good perfume that is at par with the leading Designer perfumes produced today, so I was pleasantly surprised by the very perfume, very harmonious fragrance, attractive warm, before the winter (fall), but it can in these conditions, but only at night! now again I have little to spoil the image of the perfume with that for me now, but damn projection, about an hour and a half I felt it, though this is how I feel wearing perfume, more really is not valid! Honestly, only because I would not give anyone a recommendation to buy this fragrance but also it is the only downside, at least from me.p.s.Ho Hang Club Balenciaga is a distant forerunner of the bottle (it is an ancestor of the bottle on this 'catch, heavy and massive bottle), which does not mean it was not like before.

scottconnor92
scottconnor92

The smell is nice....for five minutes. Then it dies down and smells like nothing. And for the five minutes it doesn't smell anything of how i imagine bond to smell. Just a floral mix. It's a shame really.

mario.biani@gmail.com
mario.biani@gmail.com

I dont understand why people "hate" this fragrance? Maybe because a name(brand) James Bond...People dont be a haters..it's a nice,sexy masculine,pleasant fragrance..no mistakes with this..big + from me :))

yepyep
yepyep

Complete and utter disappointment. Who do they think they are kidding with this juice? They could've done so much more with this scent. Instead, it smells like a scratch and sniff apple pie mess.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I went to the drugstore recently and was "attacked" by the sales associate who was holding a tester bottle of this. The bottle itself looked tacky, gimmicky and cheap so I had no interest in trying it but she sprayed a paper strip anyway and handed it to me. I inhaled deeply and to me, it smelled just the way the bottle looked and I hadn't expected it to be any better. It smelled generic, boring, cheap, sharp, old and outdated. Smelled like many other colognes I had smelled before and hadn't liked. I told her it wasn't what I looked for in a fragrance and she backed off. I feel this scent was only done and released to coincide with the new Bond movie coming into theaters around the same time. Just a marketing ploy. The cologne isn't worth the price, nor is it worth your time or attention.

Darko_sk
Darko_sk

Cheap but nice perfume... For me this perfume smells like something between L'Homme and La Nuit. In the opening I find a lot of La Nuit in this but after 30-40 mins smells a lot more like L'Homme than La Nuit.

Overall nice perfume for a young guys (18-20 yrs). I've both L'Homme and La Nuit so i'm not going to buy this.

jw503
jw503

Smell:
The smell isn't bad, it just smells synthetic and 'young'; like a playboy. Don't hate me for saying this, but I can imagine the MODERN Bond wearing this (starting from Pierce Brosnan)... Definitely not the older characters. Night time scent, but is versatile because of the crappy sillage.

Longevity:
4+ Hours

Sillage:
Weak to Moderate sillage... seriously, For this price... Rip off.

Occasion:
I can imagine this being worn in education and clubbing occasions. Can be used to pick up girls. It is a night time scent,but the sillage is crap, so you can wear it daytime too, LOL.

Age rating:
I can guarantee that the young crowd will like this. I cannot give a specific end age, but I can say that if you still feel young (21-24) then you will like this too. I am certain that the smell of this fragrance was trying to market the 17+ audience (maybe even younger as to 15!), otherwise the advertisement itself, absolutely failed. "Most dangerously sophisticated" my arse!

Design:
The bottle design is probably the best thing I like about this fragrance. Made looking like the grip panel of a handgun is really cool, in my opinion.

Would I buy this again:
Would I buy this for the start is the question! If the price were lower, then yes I would buy this. Otherwise this is (currently) definitely an overpriced fragrance.

My final verdict:
6/10.
I don't hate the smell (because I'm still young myself). I do however hate the price at the moment, not something I'd put my money on for such weak longevity and sillage. I can also easily get something that would smell better for the James Bond character. If the price were cheaper, I'd rate it higher. Mainly my rant on the price, but who can blame it, it just came out after all.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Over-hyped. A warm fruity spicy smell. It's not very strong but smells pleasant enough. I suspect you will be seeing this in bargain buckets in a few months.

ingalee
ingalee

bought this for my boyfriend, actually thought it smelled good, bit skeptical about the name of james bond,but it worked!!!!!

brianwatson79
brianwatson79

not the best scene ever... is a cheap smell, but pleasent enough to wear if you have nothing else... its a daytime fragrance... the kind of thing you wear if you're not going anywhere of importance... maybe to Asda to do your shopping

MrMookie
MrMookie

As im disliking these marketed scents (well... lets make a scent from our most famous gentleman-spy on earth..duhh im waiting for a scent from the batcave now!)
I was giving it the benefit of doubt testing it.
The cardamon and rose makes this apple/bergamot combination smelling badly generic and offputting for me.
The warmth of the cardamon truly crashed the freshness of bergamot and apple in a bad way.

Where onyx turned out unique and well this one turned out bad.(imo its a mixture of onyx and boss in motion)
I tested it and the first hour was the worst.
When i think of James Bond i think of a gentlemans scent not this.
After 3 hours the freshness is gone and its better but not good.
And again another marketing trick crashed in pieces.

Grottola
Grottola

James Bond has been noted to wear a few different fragrances, mostly in the books, and in the movies on occasion.

Eucris (already mentioned) by Geo F. Trumper, Dunhill for Men, and Floris No. 89 have all been attributed to Bond.

So, when smelling this fragrance, the entire time I had it on, I could only think one thing to myself:

"James Bond smells like apple pie?"

bronstein
bronstein

Far too feminine for James Bond.

Besides, it reminds one more of some cheap Bruno Banani type scent, or, at best, Hugo Boss. To cut things short: Mr. Bond would never wear something unglamourous like this, not even in prison.

619haifisch
619haifisch

basically a cheap version of La Nuit; smells essentially the same without the projection. So if you like that then go for it, it's cheap and not too bad

marioslg3
marioslg3

I tested this yesterday and i have to say that is a nice pleasant perfume.
The apple is so obvious and the whole thing reminds azzaro silver black. The other perfume that this reminds as time goes by is la nuit de l'homme, with its lavender and sweetness.
The sillage and longevity are above average and the price very reasonable in Cyprus, 32 Euros 50ml if I'm correct. It is a nice job but nothing ground breaking or classy at the extent of James Bond.
The perfume is masculine and has something old fashioned but in the modern masculine way and is not powdery at all. For the lovers of Hugo Boss perfumes, the lovers of la nuit de l'homme and Silver black, worth checking out this one...

Leccamastice
Leccamastice

James Bond's signature fragrance is Geo F. Trumper Eucris, as stated in the first or second book.

querelle
querelle

I can perfectly imagine M's face when James Bond would enter her office smelling like that.. " James, go home, have a shower and be more self consious when it comes to your perfume. You have a bloody licence to kill James! And please, don't you ever and I mean never let me down again like that. Dismissed 007."
END CREDITS.

crazyoney2k

to be honest it smells very similar to ysl's la nuit de 'lhomme

crazyoney2k

i got a bottle of this yesterday from harrods i really like it. i was expecting it to be horrible but its really nice, its quite dark and musky yet alluring as well. you could imagine james bond wearing something like this. its a very much like a dunhill fragrance

Pv52fa
Pv52fa

Why would James Bond smell like apples?!

Red Rose
Red Rose

Hell yeah :D and casino royal is the best Bond movie ever. I may try to own this as I'm a fan of Bond :)

scenturian
scenturian

This is what I was looking for ages.
-You smell so sexy, what is thaaat?
-Bond... James Bond.

James Bond 007 by Eon Productions 3.33 out of 5 based on 155 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Eon Productions James Bond 007 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Eon Productions James Bond 007, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify James Bond 007 by Eon Productions. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of James Bond 007 by Eon Productions represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.