Designers » D E » « Groups

Eau de Froehliche Erik Kormann for women and men

Eau de Froehliche Erik Kormann for women and men

Eau de Froehliche by Erik Kormann is a fragrance for women and men. Eau de Froehliche was launched in 2010. Eau de Froehliche was created by Alain Alchenberger, Erik Kormann and Philip Kraft. Top notes are raspberry and cardamom; middle notes are iris, incense and tonka bean; base notes are palisander rosewood, tolu balsam, vanilla and patchouli.

Raspberry Cardamom

iris Incense Tonka Bean

Palisander Rosewood Tolu Balsam Vanilla Patchouli

Eau de Froehliche Fragrance Reviews

If it wasn't for Fragrantica, I would have never known how rare this one is, thank you, guys! I am one of the 77 lucky ones who have this beauty in the pug bottle, yay!

Eau de Fröhliche is a very unique scent. To me, it smells like Christmas. By the way, the name was based on a traditional German Christmas carol (oh, du fröhliche) and I could not agree more.

It is a winter scent. As much as I want to say "I wear what I like, when I like", this one doesn't work well even in mild temperatures, it gets too sweet. But when the weather is right, it is hard to be beaten.

It opens with a blast of tart raspberries, I really don't detect the cardamom as an isolated note, but it's definitely there, keeping the raspberry from becoming too overwhelming.

The frankincense in this perfume is really top quality. My bottle came with 3 little pots of samples of the raw materials used. One of them was the frankincense, just beautiful. It starts showing up right after the initial blast of raspberries mellows and stays on all the time. After that, Eau de Fröhliche is pretty much linear, but nothing bad about it, quite the contrary. Who doesn't want their favourite stage of a perfume to go on and on forever?

The lasting power is superb, 12h +. The sillage decreases with time, of course. It is monstrous in the first 30 minutes, heavy up to 2 hours and moderate after that. I wouldn't say it becomes a skin scent after some time. I applied mine on my wrists 12 hours ago to write this review and I still can smell it while I'm typing.

Well done review by Holzconni here. Good description of smell and contents.

I blind bought one bottle after a favorable review on nstperfume. It was surprisingly delicious. So I managed to buy the very last bottle from Kormann himself in Berlin, along with the reserves they kept in the freezer!

So I am kind of sad to report that this unique one time wonder will never appear again. (The key, the unique frankincense was a limited amount). On the other hand I am happy that I am now one of only 75 people on the planet who can wear this exceptional perfume.

Works only in cold weather. Beware the follow-ups (2, 3,...). They are nothing like number one, the pug.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

I was shocked this was discontinued and replaced with one with a cat on it. It was a blind buy; I confess I got it for the bottle, being a pug owner. After paying a high shipping and handling cost, it took about a month to arrive from Germany. Customs had destroyed the once beatiful First in Perfum packaging. Anyway, I was thrilled to discover that I do love the juice. It's so different from anything else I have, thanks to the frankenscense.

Thank you, Holzonni, for describing it, because I'm pretty lousy at describing fragrance. It's warm, smooth, and spicy without any harshness. And thanks for the scope on the fragrance's must have inside information!

For this perfume a remarkable and fantastic frankincense is used, the incense contains less alpha pinene and it smells warm, dark, spicy, sweet and full.
The scent opens with a burst of dried fruits and raspberry candy. In the middle there is a very natural and discreet chocolate accord accompanied by soft spices and cardamom. The natural iris butter joins in and makes it opulent.
Then more and more the sweet and smoky frankincense breaks smells heavenly. It is an incense you´ll find not twice.
Unfortunately EdF No. 1, that with the pug on the bottle, is discontinued, there were only 77 bottles handmade perfume produeced.
But there are other two variations from this edition, a cat and a raven, both created around frankincence as well.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Erik Kormann Eau de Froehliche fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Erik Kormann Eau de Froehliche, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Froehliche by Erik Kormann. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Froehliche by Erik Kormann represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.