Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Steampunk Erik Kormann for women and men

Steampunk Erik Kormann for women and men
dislike

Steampunk by Erik Kormann is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Steampunk was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Erik Kormann. The fragrance features cedar, citruses, violet, elemi and cashmeran.

Cedar Citruses Violet elemi Cashmeran

Steampunk Fragrance Reviews

houzi
houzi

Where is the violet? Strangely, I'm not getting any. I smell a load of Cashmeran and elemi, a sweet and fuzzy blob of a scent, quite pleasant actually, and reminiscent of the atmosphere in an evergreen forest in winter. It combines elements of Cedre Sandaraque and Eau des Merveilles, that same sort of crackling dry woodiness, radiance, and sparkling, balsamic quality.

This would have been so nice had the violet come forth better. The Cashmeran, elemi and cedar are doing a fine job on their own, but it's not exactly the kind of fragrance I would enjoy wearing; the Iso E Super is just too pronounced for my liking, infusing the composition with that specific type of generic masculinity.

Still, I really quite like the sweet, woody elemi in this. I didn't know it can have such a sugary character--it smells quite a bit like burnt sugar to me, in a good way, though I can imagine it could get tiring after a while.

I’m not very familiar with the steampunk aesthetic but the fragrance has a certain retro vibe about it that also feels very modern, a bit like sorting through tools and basic technological materials stored in a trunk in a wooden attic.

An interesting fragrance for sure, and I'm glad I could sample it, even though it's not exactly my cup of tea.

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

From this virtually unknown parfumer, a violet treasure that is neither innocent nor dark and is the most aromatic violet fragrance I've experienced to date. Why is this not better known? I ordered a number of samples from indiescents and received two complimentary vials. Steampunk was one of the freebies and it is hands down my favorite. I'd have never thought to order it deliberately; what a welcome surprise!

It is a lovely woodsy violet; cedar and cashmeran blend smoothly with the violet and ever so subtle citruses (I am guessing lime). I am unfamiliar with elemi; perhaps this is the equalizer that brings it all together so beautifully. I catch a distinct yet not screechy metallic note (elemi?) that ups the intrigue and is appropriate for the moniker of Steampunk. Unlike another reviewer, I get absolutely no candy vibe from this. It is not sweet at all to me. And I get none of the powder listed in the notes either.

I strongly encourage violet lovers to try this; please don't let the steampunk association deter you. That was the reason I was not originally interested in it - I did not like the name and assumed it would smell awful. It does not. As I already stated, it is highly aromatic and that is what I love about it. There is an orange blossom vibe to it that delights me even more as I have great difficulty with orange blossom fragrances, though I love the scent. This is a sophisticated, sexy violet for those who are tired of uber-sweet, pungent or bland fascimiles of that bewitching little flower.

henri345que
henri345que

This is on my skin intense in violets from the first moments until the drydown. Unfortunately, i'm not so enthusiastic of violets and few really win me. I wanted to like this one, but i can't, altough i see that this violet doesn't smell like deodorant. It opens with a violet impression which is both sweet and fresh. Something on it smells like melon to me, so it's like candied violets and fresh melon with citrus essences. The violet loose part of it's sweet floral side and turns into a dry, leafy violet, more masculine and this is the part that i don't like so much. It finishes with the leafy violet impression and a transparent woody luminous impression, not so distant of Eau de Cartier. In fact, this could be seem as a more intense, sweet and floral Eau de Cartier, not bad at all, very decently done. If you like violets, try this one.

Reinhardt.Frank
Reinhardt.Frank

For me one of the most beautiful scent memories of 2013. This is true of every view details. It is soft, soft violets, he is romantic, not too much sweet, floral and its wooden base is indescribable. A beautiful, through-composed idea. Erik Kormann is an unknown perfumer. No advertising. But very proffessionell. Only very small quantities, the bottles are small works of art. Very interesting graphics. In Germany they are already collected. Is a very interesting niche.

michael.j
michael.j

I want to know what this smells like, but the name is so dated. As a branding strategy, this would have been really smart ten or fifteen years ago. Now, however, it seems like a marketing blunder. Nothing is as old as the recent past.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Erik Kormann Steampunk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Erik Kormann Steampunk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Steampunk by Erik Kormann. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Steampunk by Erik Kormann represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.