Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Haitian Vetiver Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

I have it: 10 I want it: 55

Haitian Vetiver Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

The collection of Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna was presented with five fragrances in 2012 and will be increased by another edition from January 2014. Just like previous compositions that glorified certain ingredients that were grown and produced especially for this collection, Haitian Vetiver has its own story.

Composition of the new fragrance is based on vetiver notes manufactured especially for Ermenegildo Zegna in Les Cayes in the southwest part of Haiti. Besides the characteristic vetiver, the composition is built around bergamot known as Zegna bergamot present in other fragrances of Essenze collection; neroli, iris and carrot seed.

Fragrance Haitian Vetiver arrives in a glass flacon shaped like previous editions, with specific glass color that depicts the composition and accentuates key ingredient of the fragrance. Haitian Vetiver arrives in travel retails at the beginning of 2014.

Haitian Vetiver Neroli Sicilian Bergamot iris Carrot Seeds

Haitian Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

colinssmith
colinssmith

This is my first vetiver. Before buying it, I tried Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver, which wasn't my taste (smell?). This Zegna Haitian Vetiver on the other hand hits me deep in the olfactory and awakens something primordial. It's dark, earthy, and maybe a little medieval. Wondering how it compares with Creed's Original Vetiver . . . .

Agungt
Agungt

Among Zegna's single-note collection (for the lack of a better word), the Indonesian Oud is the most interesting and potent (for me, at least). However, this newly released Haitian Vetiver comes to be my second choice. When it was first revealed in Fragrantica, I was really curious. I own Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver, which I adore very much. I did not expect to find another vetiver-based fragrance to compete with it.

To my surprise, I finally found this latest Zegna's Haitian Vetiver during my transit in Hong Kong duty free. I have to admit that it has a very pleasant scent, and a straight forward vetiver note. This latest Zegna can definitely stand eye-to-eye with TF Grey Vetiver. Both fragrances have their own strong interpretation of vetiver character. Tom Ford added a twist of citrusy and salty character, while Zegna added a more flowery twist to its offering. I ended up buying one for my collection.

The pricing is relatively high, but the quality justifies it. As far as the longevity and sillage are concerned, it is moderate. In warm weather, it does not last long enough. I will find out if the scent will linger long enough during colder months. Finally, I would say that this Haitian Vetiver worth considering for collection. It is another fine offering from this brand.

sparky0422
sparky0422

Owning both Zegna's Italian Bergamot and Sicilian Mandarin, I was excited when this was released. However, after obtaining a tester I was a little disappointed. It dried down very powdery and sweet on my skin without nearly the distinction the other Zegnas possess. For days it was bothering me that I couldn't figure out what cologne it smelled nearly identical to. Then it hit me - YSL's Body Kouros - at least on my skin. I quickly found that (also in my collection) and sprayed it on the other arm. Other than being a bit sweeter, it smelled almost identical to Haitian Vetiver for a fraction of the price. This one's just not for me. I do however, love the other 2 Zegna's I own which smell very high-end and completely different to any other juices on the market.

If a vetiver fragrance was ever worthy this sort of price tag it's Haitian Vetiver. I say that purely because of it's faith to the note, it gives you herbal, green, clean, earthy, fresh, dry, spicy, slighly smokey...everything that vetiver represents in one fragrance which doesn't hide behind other notes just gives it you straight. Usually I've find that boring in a composition but vetiver scents are all too often about the interplay between citrus & vetiver. I find Haitian Vetiver unashamedly masculine. I get a citrus in the opening and a hint of carrot seed but it doesn't define or detract from the vetiver at the heart.
This is truly one of the unsung hero's of vetiver fragrances...great stuff and lasts a long time.
I think this is bolder than Guerlain's vetiver (albeit a nice scent) or Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver (again a great frag) so check it out people.

Phoenix1
Phoenix1

So tired of the bad press of a fragrance because of the cost....Here's an idea. If you dont think its FBW because of the price then don't buy it. Spend your money on something way better and unique like Acqua Di Gio...nobody wears that one, right? I have over 50 fragrances and the price of each one varies...I dont buy fragrance based on price. I buy them based on how unique and different they are..And personally I like this price point so fewer people will have it wear it so you won't smell like everybody else and their mother....

It smells NOTHING like Guerlain Vetiver and it's fantastic...The dry down with the carrot seed note is truly unique...It adds a certain grassy sweetness that I have not smelled in any other vetiver-based fragrance...It's worth every single penny...

edge42
edge42

Zegna's Haitian Vetiver is one of the better vetiver scents I've smelled, based briefly off sampling this in store. The sample lasted forever, and actually projected quite well too. If that justifies it's high price is another story though.

klaaon
klaaon

The least original of the Zegna Essenze range- to me it smells just like Guerlain's Vetiver - no more, no less. For the beauty that the scent is, I say save the money and just get Guerlain's vetiver. This is not FBW, especially at the high price...

Haitian Vetiver by Ermenegildo Zegna 4.63 out of 5 based on 28 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Haitian Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Haitian Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Haitian Vetiver by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Haitian Vetiver by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.