Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Peruvian Ambrette Ermenegildo Zegna for men

Peruvian Ambrette Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

The new fragrance, seventh in the line of Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna collection, was launched in September 2014 and has the same flacon shape as previous editions: Florentine Iris, Haitian Vetiver, Indonesian Oud, Italian Bergamot, Javanese Patchouli and Sicilian Mandarin. The name of the latest edition is Peruvian Ambrette and its composition "explores only natural-herbal musk cultivated from hibiscus beans."

This type of natural herbal musk is very rare and unusual and is mixed with warm aromas of cashmere for a modern and sophisticated signature. Official notes of the composition encompass ambrette seed, cashmere wood, guaiac wood and warm, powdery shades of orris. "The raw material it was named after – Peruvian ambrette seed vas obtained from very small yield of tiny seed by a multi-stage process, which makes it one of the most expensive and rarest ingredients in perfume industry. It was obtained from San Martin region of the Amazonian forests in Peru, and has the sweet-musky scent with shades of nuts and is considered the only ingredient in the industry which has a completely natural scent like musk which is not of animal-origin."

Fragrance Ermenegildo Zagna Peruvian Ambrette is available as 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Orris Guaiac Wood Cashmere Wood

Dunhill Icon Absolute

Peruvian Ambrette Fragrance Reviews

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

The ambrette note is hefty making it super strong and heroic. The impressively tenacious woody accord serves more than just a sidekick to the whole olfactory mixture. A well made, uber-bold musky-w'oud'y fragrance indeed!

gregk
gregk

Wore it the other night. A friend asked "does anyone else smell hash?" haha, oh well, I love this stuff. The review below nailed how I find it too. Not too familiar with ambrette, but a dry pepper, suede-like musk and what seems like oud to me.

ameagari
ameagari

criminally underrated, such a beautiful smooth scent. opens up with this really great pepperiness that smells almost like a very clean oud accord--my mom mistook it for an oud scent actually. that peppery-top rests on a lovely musky bottom--but not musky like grandma musk--more of a dry, suedy-musk. its overall a dry, masculine scent that is a little to underwhelming in cold weather, but in early autumn it definitely shines. i like my cold weather scents a bit sweeter, heh.
the accords seem to be misleading here, i get a definite suede throughout most of the life of the fragrance, some kind of peppery-oud accord (god knows) in the beginning, and a dry, smokey vetiver in the dry down.

gillbert
gillbert

in the opening i can smell very heavy ambrette. ambrette note is all over the juice then orris note is quickly coming up to make it moist/wet powdery. i love this part. it's remind me Chanel N⁰19 Poudre'. in dry down is woody. very strong and long lasting woody note, even after showered, i can smell the woody note. sound like weird or too strong but actually not. it was composing with balance. the only wood base perfume i love the most in my entire collection. furthermore, it is because no civet and incense. (civet and incense are combining together will make the perfume too earthy, dirty and poo-y vibe....and i hate poo-y note)

masak389
masak389

Such a precise and precious fragrance description made by Houdini4.
Peruvian Ambrette is impressive (as its price tag). I love it.
Reminds me a little Chanel Egöiste but a slightly tamed.

Oh lordy this is nice!

The opening is such a powdery, musky, amber which is so smooth and warm it really does envelop the senses telling you that this is a real special piece of work.
PA has a wonderfully natural amber and not an overly musky ambrette accord because as it settles down it becomes all about precious woods.
I'm pretty sure I detect oud in here but nothing like the Indonesian Oud in the same Zegna collection, this is a smooth subtle wood. That combination of lightly spicy cashmere and darker Guaiac wood give Peruvian Ambrette a sublime drydown quite like a creamy sandalwood vibe, not dissimilar to Armani Prive Oud Royal.
So....a stunning woody scent to add to an already excellent line from Zegna. Truly, these fragrances cover every olfactory angle and do so with a simplicity and remarkable clarity. I think £108 (although still expensive) is quite good value for 125ml's of impressive fragrance.
Longevity and performance are good but it's not the strongest juice in the world the drydown stayed close to my skin giving me a warm, woodsy glow.
I love this...Will definitely consider adding it to my collection.

myra83
myra83

finaly i recived mine.. true @ mando like you said smell a bit closed to indonesia oud.. but for me on my skin its devlope 90% like amouage epic man in drydown i loved it.. problem here is longevity. silage good between 1 to 1.5 feet away..

Mando
Mando

Received my bottle of this scent and it quite similiar in vein with the Indonesian Oud scent which I also own. It's IO w/out the rosey facets and very deep wood with musk (the natural kind since it is ambrette seed). I haven't yet worn it out yet but intend to tomorrow all day. It does have a kind of gasoline-like smell to it which I understand some consider very oud-like. I'm looking forward to testing out a whole day to experience this one. Love this new line of Zegna men's scents. They are not boring; quite quality scents.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

New addition in the Essenze collection. This one is about contrasts. It starts with a doze of freshness (some notes seem to be missing up here... probably bergamot) immediately followed by a dark woody smell and later, a quiet musky smell. The medicinal feel is a little bit reminiscent of a delicate oud. From then on it's a subtle combat of freshness vs darker essences. Once it has settled it's almost a fresh incense. As exeler0 mentioned, there is something similar to ADP Oud but here we are in a much more austere territory. Less citrusy than ADP Oud and definitely more subtle. The freshness feel is almost peppery.

This is a deep and serious fragrance! It seemed inoffensive and unattractive on paper but once I've tried it... one of the nicest thing I've tried this year. On a cold autumn day it is immensely fresh/dark & crisp with a little dryness that is so good to be surrounded with. Longevity & sillage are perfect on me (more than 5 hrs / sprayed twice).

What impresses me in the Essenze collection from Zegna, is the clarity and purity of the juices. You are surrounded by what seems to be extreme quality essences and a simplistic approach to fragrance. Few ingredients, balance & quality. Presentation is stunning. Beautiful glass bottle (125ml) with clever magnetic cap.

In a few words... woody austere beauty!

exeler0
exeler0

Just tried a sample a nice SA gave me:

It does have some resemblance to Acqua di Parma Oud with a strong leather note in the beginning. Good (not great) sillage and projection, I still can feel it after 8h, but a bit too close to skin.

lovescully
lovescully

So far this 'Essenze' line has been very impressive. I can't wait to test this one.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Peruvian Ambrette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Peruvian Ambrette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peruvian Ambrette by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peruvian Ambrette by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.