Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

ozonic
Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

After the collection Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna, another fragrance for men will be launched – its name is Uomo. The new fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna will hit the shelves in spring 2013 and it will embody the essence of Italian style, Italian concept and Italian aromas.

“You buy a fragrance, you buy a dream. And it’s easier to sell dreams with fragrances than with fashion.” said Zegna.

Composition of the new fragrance Ermenegildo Zegna UOMO consists of citruses and bergamot from Zegna's visit to Calabria, Italia. Citrusy notes are accompanied by accords of Violettyne Captive –violet leaf essence. Woody notes of cedar and vetiver contribute to strength and elegance of the fragrance.

The perfume arrives in a glass flacon with thin, diagonal lines, as 30, 50 and 100ml eau de toilette. Besides EDT, the collection also includes after shave balm 100ml and shower gel 200ml. Face of the advertising campaign is Ryan Burns, photographer is Matthew Brookes, and director of advertising campaign Jonas Åkerlund.

Citruses Calabrian bergamot violet leaves Vetiver Cedar

L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic
L'Eau Bleu d'Issey Eau Fraiche

Uomo Fragrance Reviews

Luna_J
Luna_J

I found a gift package with the balm and gel and 3.4 OZ bottle for about 11 of our terribly devalued Canadian dollars, so I thought I’d give it a try, or pass it on to my son, who doesn’t share my love for Eau Sauvage and might like this. The bottle will look good on his dresser, too. Here are my impressions based on a full wearing on a stinking hot evening, right after a shower:

Projections seems very powerful… A relentless blast at first of a tart, sharp bergamot and lemon mingled with a glassy, grassy green vetiver note (like Tom Ford’s, it’s clean to the point of feeling digitized) and sharpened by the by now familiar (but here quite serviceable, warm and raspy) synthetic cedar note. Maybe some orange blossom for airy creaminess? It’s all pretty bright (curtain thrown open and lights left on in the middle of a scorching summer day.)

Hollowing this out from behind is some kind of captive ‘violet leaf’ molecule that is acting a lot like calone, although is perhaps a bit sweeter (I personally find calone to have a bitter after-edge on my skin); in any case, this bonds with the cedar and provides a shallow but insistent backing to all that citrus. This results in a kind of airiness and radiance as one might expect (did I mention Eau Sauvage earlier?) though the ‘pyramid’ as pictured above (i.e. a flat, straight line) is accurate: there is not all that much depth or sparkle overall, mostly because there is nothing salty, bitter, sweaty, spiky, herbal or funky to add texture or complexity. Instead a kind of lemon-blonde-ozone haze floats on a heat wave atop Morillas’ trademark, clean t-shirt ‘laundry musk’; the effect is not unpleasant if a little static.

My son once brilliantly described (the current formulation of) Grey Flannel as being like ADD meds you take in the morning and then carry on without thinking about it all day long. This seems rather similar: a powerful summer projector that delivers tonic Mediterranean eau de cologne acidity to cut through the heat billowing under your shirt, from here to eternity (actually, it projects intensely for four hours then dies back something quite quiet, but it certainly sticks to clothes! Apply lightly.)

It’s not bad, fades gracefully to a floral-lemon detergent skin scent, and might get better if I work up a sweat. But (for me anyway – I’m totally ancient and not all that metrosexual) Eau Sauvage is still worth hanging on to, at half the projection and five times the cost. I like that, without a refresher around the cocktail hour, it wears out around the eight-hour mark, not unlike myself.

velb95
velb95

EN. This perfume I've bought at the Ermenegildo Zegna's factory boutique in the city where this brand was born (Biella, Italy). To tell you the truth, first I've bought there a leather backpack, and then trying the perfume on my wrist, I asked the seller to add it also (the 50 ml bottle "just" for €60). My frustration came from eBay website, where the same perfume, of the same quantity was sold for only €25 (p&p including). What can I say about the perfume itself? At least, it disappears without a trace of this cheaply-woody shade, which is so common to many perfumes at this level. Well, it's just a perfume, big deal, after all I came to Zegna for a bag and the backpack I've got was a really great quality.

IT. Ho comprato questo profumo nel boutique di Ermenegildo Zegna nella città dove questo marchio nacque nel 1910 (cioè a Biella). A dire la verità, prima ho comprato lì un zainetto in pelle, e poi ho provato il profumo sul mio polso e ho chiesto al venditore di aggiungerlo al conto (ho scelto una bottiglia da 50 ml che mi è costata €60). La mia frustrazione è arrivata dal sito di eBay, dove lo stesso profumo, gli stessi 50 ml proponevano per solo €25 (spedizione compresa). Quello che posso dire riguardo al profumo è che almeno scompare senza lasciare quel fastidiosa pseudo-legnosa traccia, comune a molti profumi di questo livello. Beh, alla fine è soltanto un profumo, dopo tutto il zainetto era perfetto.

SamAngelo
SamAngelo

Strongest. Citrus. Cologne. Ever.

ralopa
ralopa

I found it is a very interesting scent after layering with Lalique Encre Noire Sport.
One spray Zegna Uomo with 1-2 spray(s) Lalique ENS, then you get a fresh forest with aquatic vibe. Really a perfect match!
However, projection will be softened and shortened after layering, but I just like it in an inoffensive way, and mysterious, complex scent.
Rate: 7.0 out of 10.

joenick68
joenick68

I got this one months ago and I just decided to wear it today in a warmer day. I think is a nice casual essence, nothing to impress on a date or big event, but very wearable and affordable too. I would like to try the other flanker, Uomo Absolute.

marwa
marwa

Great casual/hot weather fragrance. A lot of citruses and violet leafs. Also has a cucumber smell to it. Its also very affordable online here in Sweden. Has a musky drydown, its like a woody-floral-musk.

Blueslippers
Blueslippers

Picked up a bottle for £13 on perfume click and at that price it's a great buy.
I like but don't love this. I smell a bit of Fahrenheit in it.
I've had a fair few compliments off this and will buy again for work if I can pick up at a low price but its an 'everyday/work' scent, not a 'special' Scent for me.

maverickteja
maverickteja

This is a green woody cologne that will be wonderful for hot summer afternoons. It's good but not something that I'll categorize as mind blowing.

Projection is decent for the first 30-45 mins (around half to one feet). Then it becomes a skin scent. You can still smell it on yourself, so that's a good thing, but its not something that people in your next cubicle will smell.

I would buy it again. It goes into my 'like' list but not the 'love' list.

Kinggeebee
Kinggeebee

Watch the Mymickers review on YouTube.
It perfectly sums up what this smells like.
For someone that stays inland, this evokes exactly what he describes in that review.
Mmmm... Holiday in a bottle.
The violet leaf and citrus is quite prominent throughout.
Some vetiver in the dry down.
Just lovely.
Perfect for the hotter months. The heat just amplifies the salty sea air accord in this. The florals keep it clean.
I get about 8 hours from this beauty.

Enjoy!

roachburn
roachburn

How can anyone not like this, I get more compliments on this than bdc,di'gio, blanc 12 12, issey and a host of other summer heavy hitters.1st time I wore it a Co worker said you smell good [me] thanks. No I mean really good [me] thank you Christy.then she just stares in my eyes for a few. Now I'm African American and she is Caucasian and we are both married but had we not been at work that day she would have got the D believe me. moving this from the panty dropper line to the home wrecker collection.

Ryanmmas26

This is a good scent but nothing great that will blow you away.

Pleasant enough for me to warrant a like though as its fresh,green slightly spicy and I really love violet leaf in fragrances and in this fragrance the violet leaf is very noticeable.

This is a very typical scent that's inoffensive and to me would be a perfect scent for the office and/or a great signature scent as its moderately priced and great for all seasons !

The best way to describe this scent itself is it smells like a cucumber salad if you added some a soft spicy dressing. That sounds weird and probably doesn't sound attractive but somehow it just works.lol

Performance on this is above average ! It lasts on my skin about 6-10 hours but only has moderate to soft projection. Which again is perfect for the office

Overall rating 7 out of 10 ! Good scent, good performance,price point and versatility but it smells ordinary which holds it back from getting a higher score

shamus1
shamus1

Yawn... does the world really need more of these synthetic-smelling woody spicy fragrances? I can't even count how many fragrances I've smelled just like this over the past 5 or 6 years: sharp, peppery pencil shavings with metallic fake violet leaf. It's not a terrible fragrance, but it's boring, and totally uninspired - the equivalent of what the "Sport" and aquatic scents were back in the 90's.

I'm smelling that damn synthetic violet leaf too often in men's fragrances these days, and Zegna Uomo is LOADED with it.

Boooo!!!

My rating: 5/10

fsulka
fsulka

I really like this fragrance. On me the dry down is so peppery and I just love that. I keep picking up something green too. Almost like a vegetable smell (cucumber?) Not sure but for what I paid I am definitely not disappointed in acquiring Uomo by Zegna. If you haven't tried it definitely give it a shot.

skunkymonkey
skunkymonkey

.... First inpressions
1.Smells like libre
2.Tastes like libre

after a minute , there is a weird "off" smell, cant put my finger on it . After smelling my wrist like crazy to try pin down the elements that doesnt quite fit, all that happens is i get a soapy like backdrop from this fragrance, almost to a point where it chokes you.

Not sure whats going on in this bottle. Some kind of weird trickery!!

Once it drys down and settles , its ok . nothing great just a soapy smell , like a bar of soap and a lot less like libre.

Rather buy a bar of soap

magicman4130
magicman4130

I purchased this fragrance a few months back after reading countless reviews on it. So here's my take...there's something about this that is completely ruining it for me. I can't figure it out, but its the same thing that I smelled in "Libre" by YSL and another bottle that I cannot quite recall at the moment. It's like a stingy sour note...like a little vinegary? This fragrance smells wonderful but I can't do it. Otherwise, I would give this an 8/10 easy if it wasn't for that note. Yuzu! Issey Miyake's "Yuzu" has that same note in it! I just remembered it. I can't do that one either.

timkal69
timkal69

Received my bottle today and trying it out for the first time and I must say it is a lovely aura of citrusy freshness with a hint of some woody notes right in the background... Its nothing that has not been done before but its a have-must in any collection. Now I'm looking forward to trying the Absolute version.

6.8/10

simon.edwards
simon.edwards

Fresh, green and well blended daytime scent of vetiver, bergamot and violet and notes. On initial application its difficult to discern exactly what you're smelling. Its citrus with a dankness to it. After 15-30mins you get the aforementioned accord and its quite pleasant. The problem? Naff projection and longevity. I gave the tester strip a good dousing. Its a reguloar overcast English day outside, and this stuff just wouldn't stick to the strip - not much use to me then. Shame, as many of the below reviews have marked it out as being a winner. Not here :(

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

How one couldn't love this beats me. This smells so clean and fresh. It smells nothing like any of abercrombies fragrances, but this scent reminds me of what the store smells like. When I found out they sprayed fierce in the stores I was shocked. This stuff is amazing and the ladies go nuts. They say it's sexy.
Very clean vibe.
Scent 10/10
Longevity 7/10
Projection 7 /10
Full bottle and signature scent worthy.

tetsuoyouth
tetsuoyouth

WOW! The reviews on this are so underrated! This is a more subdued YSL Libre without the overbearing pink pepper note which made anyone who wore it smell like a 35-40yo. Lucked out and got it for under $20 on ebay which was a steal. If find it for under $40 I say pull the trigger! Its the perfect spring scent!! (will update later after having time with it)

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Great price. Long lasting. Simple. Bright. Hubby loves it and it lasts all day! What more could you need. He works with the public and it is not offensive in the slightest.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Lol Fragrancenet accidentally sent me a gift set of this stuff for the same price as the 1.7 oz bottle I ordered. Not going to complain about that mistake! I am testing this on my skin right now, and have to say that I quite like it. I was looking for a generic citrus fragrance for everyday use, and that's exactly what I got. I don't always want to rock a unique or strong fragrance, sometimes I just want to smell nice. I think Kanak is exactly right in his review when he says that this won't appeal to those looking for a knockout cologne, but rather a simple nice citrus fragrance. I like the smell, the only unknown is the longevity. I really hope it lasts long so I can have a new signature scent!

Update: I've finally been wearing this long enough to comment on its longevity. Not bad! Granted, its not the longest lasting cologne I've ever had, but it lasts a lot longer than I had initially expected. Maybe its the violet leaf. As a suggestion, the shower gel for this stuff is really nice as well, so I would recommend splurging on the gift set. Very nice stuff, I'd recommend this cologne 100%!

kanak
kanak

I have been a long time admirer of Alberto Morillas' work. Mugler Cologne, Bvlgari BLV, ADG, CK One, Versace PH, M7, Pi, the list of my favorites by him goes on. Some of my other faves include some of his lesser known creations like Baldessarini Del Mar, Lanvin L'Homme, Ferrari Uomo, Bvlgari Man Extreme, etc. As far as I am concerned, the man is a Genius. Zegna Uomo is not among his most inspired work. It is somewhat of a mish mash of notes from a lot of his earlier creations and it's almost like he phoned this one in( A dash of Versace PH here,, a bit of CK One, Lanvin Oxygene, you get the drift). With all that being said, it's a pretty decent fragrance. To my nose, it's a citrus bomb for the longest part with the violet leaves and woody notes coming in only towards the end and I cant smell the vetiver at all. good solid projection and excellent 7 hours plus longevity in the 40C summer heat out here for an aquatic so color me impressed.
If you are looking for a work of genius or something different from the run of the mill, skip this but if you just want a good performing, high quality citrus aquatic for spring and summer, this is a very solid choice, especially if you live in the tropics. Just smells very fresh and cool in the heat. I like it and will be wearing it all this summer. 8/10

aphexacid
aphexacid

Don't expect anything very unique here. What you can expect, it s very pleasent, moderate in intensity violet leaf and woodsy perfume.

It probably smells like many other designer mens fragrances, but theres a certain quality about this that just feels better executed than the others.

Longevity is aabout 6 hours. Projection is moderate. I believe this will blossom beautifully in the heat.

Refined pleasentness. Thats what its about here. At a cheap price.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Totally likeable but totally nothing new. It's in the same boat as many done before. You can agree or not but these pretty much have the same formula. Fahrenheit,L'Hommage,YSL Libre etc.. They are based on a violet leaf accord with vetiver and bergamot. Fahrenheit adds leather but in the reformulation the leather note is toned down and gives it a much greener feel to it. So yeah, you can choose which one you like the most and be satisfied with either.

periquito89
periquito89

I find it okay, in a Bvlgari Man way. The feeling I get is almost the same. Maybe Zegna Uomo is just a bit more pleasant, and not all that boring, which in this case doesn't help much for my liking.

tansu
tansu

Very cool. Love it so much. Smelled continue clothes 10 hours and more. Already very suitable for the summer. Refreshing and beautiful
Will not lose your money. When you buy it
@sultan@

Monte84
Monte84

Do you ever have those days where you are in the mood for a fresh aquatic scent, but the weather is calling for something else? If so, then Uomo might be your answer. I am a huge fan of any fresh and/or aquatic smell. However, most of my scents, in this category, take a back seat during the fall and winter months. Uomo is one of the few, in my opinion, that can be appropriately worn year round and not just during the summer months.

Uomo reminds me of being on a beach after a heavy rain. When I smell this, I picture standing on the beach with heavy clouds, wet clumpy sand , and a few hollowed out tree trunks that have been battered by ocean waves and heavy rain. This is why I actually think Uomo is more appropriate for overcast and rainy weather. It might sound crazy, but I get a lot more compliments when I wear this during rainy weather. Uomo has become my first, and currently only, go to scent for rainy weather.

Early Notes: Early on, I get a citrus and floral smell. Within minutes, this goes away and settles into its intended disposition.

Mid/Late Notes: This is where Uomo begins to shine. This is where the aforementioned journey through a post-thunderstorm beach begins. Uomo lives the rest of its life as this perfect salty/oceanic/woody fragrance.

Similarities to other fragrances: The tough sell, about this type of scent, is that Uomo enters into an already flooded plethora of fresh aquatic scents. There are definitely similarities to Acqua di Gio and Perry Ellis 360 Red. I have an officemate who wears Acqua di Gio and keeps a bottle at his desk. When he first smelled me, he jokingly asked if I had taken his cologne from his desk. I lent him the bottle and he wore it a couple days and mentioned that his next purchase will be Uomo.

Spray Count: I always like to mention my spray count to allow the reader to fairly assess my longevity and projection ratings. I average 4 sprays on my body. Today I went all out and sprayed 4 on my body and 4 on my clothes and it is very noticeable. A few times I was a bit concerned about being offensive. However, it has been greatly accepted. I would say 4 sprays is adequate.

Projection: Uomo really projects well. I had someone notice right away when I walked into the office. I walked by her about 3 hours later and she asked if I had sprayed more. I seem to get better results when I spray on my body and shirt. Based on my week of testing, I give projection a 9/10.

Longevity: This fragrance seems to hold up quite long. I am currently on my 6th hour of wearing Uomo and it is still very much prevalent. The olfactory effect usually makes me nose blind to a scent after a couple hours. However, I can still smell this on me without even trying. I can usually go home after a 12+ hour day and still detect it, not only on my clothes, but also faintly on my skin. I give longevity a surprising 10/10.

Complements: I receive a ton of compliments when I wear this fragrance. This is a favorite amongst the ladies. Although I don’t keep a formal count, I would say that 3 out of every 4 compliments come from a lady. It isn’t my top compliment getter, but it definitely gets noticed. I give the compliment factor a 9/10.

Usage: Like I’ve mentioned a couple of times already, Uomo can really be used whenever. Like most aquatic and fresh scents, it is an obvious go to for warmer weather. However, I challenge you to wear it the next time it rains and see if your compliments increase. It may be coincidence, but I seem to get noticed a lot more when I wear this during a muggy/rainy day. I can’t wait to try this out during a summer storm.
I am comfortable wearing this around the office. Since my wife really likes it, I also like to wear it during a date.

Overall: I really score this fragrance highly. I get that it is similar to so many in an already flooded sub-genre of fragrances. Yes, I can detect synthetic notes, but it just works. There are definitely better options out there among the niche houses that will cost 10-times the price of a bottle of Uomo. Obviously, those should outperform Uomo. If this were a $200 bottle of juice, I would be a lot more stringent on my review. The aforementioned positives, combined with the 19.99 price tag at TJ Maxx are what lead me to give Ermenegildo Zegna’s Uomo a 9.5/10

le peeU
le peeU

Beautiful scent! Fresh opening that within 15 minutes transfers itself from a citrusy freshness to a marine / beach aromatic.

How best to describe it? Take Acqua di Gio Essenza minus the egg note that people say they smell with it then introduce the violet leaf used in Aqua Fahrenheit. Viola there you have it. Projection and longevity is standard nothing to brag about but it truly is a complement magnet.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

The Vetiver and the citrusy scent is blended well. This is a good fragrance for collectors. I really like the top notes as it changes to the middle. Got a few compliments as well.

JimmyPops
JimmyPops

This is my signature fragrance for the spring and summer months. In fact I'm tempted to wear it sometimes during the fall and winter if it's sunny because I enjoy this one so much.

I can certainly see why there'd be some negativity and distaste for this one. I'm seeing some contrasts with Acqua Di Gio which I can understand, among other aquatics and some reviews that say it's "generic". Eh, maybe, but at the end of their day to each their own as I find Uomo to be a very pleasant fresh, masculine and classy scent.

My review is probably a bit biased because my collection has stopped at 20 colognes so I really haven't smelled all there is to smell, so my ability to compare to all these other colognes people are mentioning (L'Homme Libre, Bvlgari Man, etc.) is much more limited. So that being said, knowing my basis for contrasting is smaller than most reviewers here, I adore Uomo and have received many a compliment on it.

Uomo starts with a citrusy blast but I get a lot of the violet leaves in that initial spray. I find with Uomo it doesn't take long until the vetiver and cedar come through to round it off. Once this happens Uomo smells incredible; fresh, clean, and sensual on a fragrance that has the perfect amount of understated.

I will say even in my love for it that Uomo is linear. Once those other notes come in, Uomo sort of stays that way. I'm a sucker for vetiver and cedar though so that's part of the reason I think I like this cologne so much; it has predominant notes that happen to be personal favorites.

The performance seems to be okay. I have colognes that perform better and I have ones that perform worse. I get around four to five hours with this one. I also paid a pretty low price for a 3.4 oz. bottle ($40) so I don't think I'm too justified in complaining.

At the end of the day, Uomo's note combination shot it up to one of my absolute favorites. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it does its job well.

AthleticOne
AthleticOne

This is not a so generic fragrance. I don't find similarities with YSL Libre because Libre is sweet and uomo it's not. It also has different smell than Bleu de Chanel, just has similar style of smell like Bleu, and that is a good thing. Uomo is very elegant, modern, casual, but also great for formal events.

Violet leaves and vetiver combo are most dominant notes. I'm not a fan of vetiver but vetiver here is airy-fresh, easy to wear, not too mature, not dirty. Violet isn't feminine. This is clearly manly scent. Uomo is more on the fresh side, clean, crisp, it's not boring, it is positive and vibrant.
Longevity slightly above moderate.

ronjeremyisgod
ronjeremyisgod

it's kind of thin or transparent but I like it. I always get the best reactions if people ask me what cologne I'm wearing and I say Ermenegildo Zenga and they go ..uhh say that again. I find this cologne doesn't last it has a nice clean and crisp scent to it but how it was designed you're kind of encouraged to wear lots of it. Either you forget you're wearing it or you don't think you have enough on.

so not the best longevity, an interesting bottle and it stands out in my collection. I'd love to see more of this designers colognes to see if I love the brand or hate it. The commercial made no sense.

adyyy7
adyyy7

Good quality as always from Zegna.Very nice versatile fragrance . Good longevity and sillage on my skin.I find this to be one of the best balanced men fragrances.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Uomo opens pretty tasty, very invigorating and pleasant, a citrus touch seems quite natural.
He was doing well until you get to the heart when it appears, in my opinion, like a cheap violet, that appears in many synthetic fragrances out there, base with a light touch almost non-woody note. Completely dispensable

Manny44
Manny44

Very masculine and straightfaced. I've been impressed by the quality of all of the Zegna designer line fragrances Ive been testing lately. Not a dud in the bunch. This is becoming one my favorite houses,. Have to say I enjoy Z and Z extreme more than this particular frag but thats a subjective opinion based on what I personally feel comfortable wearing at the moment.

DSun
DSun

Another good, but not great, rendition of a sporty citrus aquatic. This one has musk! Yayyy! Whatever.

Go for L'eau d'Issey, Acqua di Gio Essenza, or even Bleu de Chanel instead if you absolutely, definitely, positively love this old tired genre.

Would I buy it? Yes, but my perfume rack already has 10 others like it.

What sets it apart? Nothing, I'm afraid. Like what the majority has said on this forum, it's pretty generic.

*****************************
A better alternative without the aquatic note is Lauder's Intuition for Men.

SirYugen
SirYugen

Received a decant of this after ordering a fragrance from fragrancenet.com. I sprayed this on in the house and at first i thought "okay, it's a regular generic citrus". Then after about 10 minutes. The scent resembled the smell of musty wet grass that had just been urinated on. I went into this decant excited and really wanted to like it, but after two wearings, I will not be trying it again. Those whom i lived with urged me to wash it off because of how horrible it smelled to them and used air freshener to clear the scent.

Test this before you buy it.
0.5/10

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

I got a sample from fragrancenet. I smelled this before in sephora and i dismissed it. However, now I actually sprayed some on today. I agree 100% with most of the other reviews. This is generic, boring, and your average cologne!! There is no complexity, no development, and no excitement. It is simply one of the most boring fragrances I've ever smelled!!! There are notes of citrus and woods with a watery violet accord.
A better alternative would be l'homme libre which also features a prominent violet note. However libre has more character and depth to it. No, they are not the same but they share similarities. The violet, vetiver, green, citrus vibe has been done before and so many do it better then Zegna. At $80 for a 3.4oz NO WAY!!!! I suggest people look for another fragrance. However, when it first came out they were really pushing this one with advertisements and at department stores/sephora . It was pushed so much I finally told an associate one day that "it just doesnt smell all that good!" Overall not impressed!!

Negative reviews get thumbs down most of the time so I don't know if this review will be up for long. But if you read this, heed my warning!!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I changed my mind about this, so much so I went and bought it, it lasts very well on the skin, and it is a really fresh Summery and citrus fragrance. Great job!!

Ryanmmas26

So I got a sample of this cologne from fragrancenet and I must say based on the mixed reviews of this I was a little scared to try it.lol... But Im glad I got past the fear cuz this quite a great fragrance !!!

Now I can see why a lot of people that have tried a lot of frags might say this is generic and unoriginal and to an extent I agree with that. But if you appreciate and like a scent thats just pleasant and 1 that people around you will enjoy look no further because this is most likely the scent for you. But on the flip side of that, if you have tried many fragrances and want 1 thats going to be original and wow people Id probably look for something else. I mean this stuff is VERY pleasant smelling but its nothing thats so different that its wowed me.

On to the smell...To me it smells like a very refreshing,aquatic body wash. Its very appropriate for office wear and casual wear as its not too bold but at the same time very inoffensive and to be honest its reminiscent of Azzaro Chrome with its beach like freshness but without the almost cloying muskiness it has in the drydown.

Projection is just a little above average. This is a scent that projects but only leaves a small scent bubble around you and it stays like this for about 6 hours until the last 2 hours in which it becomes a skin scent.

I highly suggest this as a school or office scent !!!

Final rating: I give this a 8 out of 10.... I want to give it a better rating because its so pleasing and performs very well but it loses points on originality and the projection is only average

Its a safe and pleasing scent. But a QUALITY safe and pleasing scent :)

And I strongly disagree with the people that say this is no better than a drug store frag !

Jridgen
Jridgen

Uomo may be the quintessential generic fragrance (a pretentious label I do not normally give out), smelling like the plasticy/deodorant knock-off of a knock-off of a dollar-store-copy of a 90's fresh scent. What's completely offensive is at $70 or whatever is being charged for this, it is literally indistinguishable from the dollar store alternative. Save yourself the $69 and go to your local Dollar Tree (note: I do endorse or work for The Dollar Tree).

1/10, which also makes for my first 1/10 score. Congratulations Uomo.

randy koehler
randy koehler

Some sweetness with aquatics,citrus,musky,sour but quite alcoholic at the beginning..will need some more testing with this!!

Nick M
Nick M

Put it on your skin before you dismiss this one, there's a pleasant spicy background which emerges. It's a sparkly spice which is really intriguing; Chanel Egoiste Platinum does the same thing for me, although I can't say they smell the same. It may not develop into a homerun, but it's more interesting than maybe you first thought.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

A nice summer fragrance with a citrussy/vetiver base! Really fresh and clean and overall a nice everyday summer fragrance for work or just to have a good time...
6.5/10

nicholassua
nicholassua

really boring - nothing's special
too simple
SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR ANOTHER BRAND

dandan
dandan

Zegna Uomo is a very fresh and sharp bergamot-vetiver combo. It's nothing new for people who follow the fragrance market, but it's a very well blended, good quality scent.
Those who dislike it, probably expected something groundbreaking, but they are just simply not the target audience.
It's for those who likes the Ermenegildo Zegna brand. They will know exactly, even if they blind buy it, and spray 3-4 on them, they not going to smell like a Joop teenager or an Amouge warrior.

It's just a good quality business scent. I like it.

Neomax3
Neomax3

My skin is a type of that 'drinks' perfume. Usually only last about 4-6 hours including those that are well known for its 'insane' longevity like YSL Kouros and La Nuit,Encre Noire, Eau Savage (to name a few). Well this one is another story. Can last 8-12 hours on me so this is definitely not too weak as some say. It is actually depends on your skin so sample first.
Love the smell especially the vetiver as it is most prominent from MPOV. Maybe not as light years away as Encre Noire (really weak on my skin) as some say, but it is sophisticated enough. Good job Alberto Morillas!

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Got a good deal on this and snagged it for my hubby.
Very generic smelling, but it will be used as an office scent. Nonetheless I still think it smells sexy!

ewan_cyrano
ewan_cyrano

I will buy the ermenegildo zegna parfum because of the free goodies... the weekender bag... but not the perfume... I also want to add one of the Ermenegildo Zegna perfume to my collection... But which one is the best?

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

tried this today..made my nose itch and was told i smell like wood...

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

very generic ozone-acquatic with a hint of lemon dish wash aura and sinthetic mint leaves,horrible ,nauseating ,boring that's all ,projection and sillage below zero ,definitely not a must buy .

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I got Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna as a gift from a good friend of mine. I had never worn it before. This morning I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did because it is a very nice fragrance. It is very gentle and perfect for the office. I smell the citrus, vetiver and the cedar.
I don't know why all the negative comments for this fragrance. To me each fragrance has their own individual character.

jburnsm
jburnsm

My girlfriend was wearing this and I had no idea it was made for Men.

I really smell some type of tea smell at first a very green tea like experience. Green Green green, fresh, clean, sweet, I can totally smell the violet leaves and citrus but a more sweet airy citrus. Orange Blossoms maybe

On the dry down I still get this light, flora,l airy, green, leaf, freshly showered (not soapy) aroma

You know what it's not tea, actually It could be but, I smell cucumber yes cucumbers that's the green like smell I get fresh violet and cucumbers with sweet citrus blossoms.

Non the less I don't see this as a male fragrance at least not one that I would wear

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

refreshing tidal wave of citrus combined with a musky almost sexual green, fresh, stays close to the skin and is very invigorating and illuminating to the senses

areyouin729
areyouin729

generic junk that smells like hundreds of other forgettable colognes; couldn't wait to get the samples off my arms.

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing cologne lots of compliments very long lasting new favorite

ameer014
ameer014

I really enjoy the smell but Sillage and longevity are poor, Never got a complement.
also didn't last on my skin more than 2 hours, Had to return the bottle.

Smell 8.5/10
Sillage 1/10
Longevity 3/10

majecatracho
majecatracho

similar to bleu de chanel but sweeter and weaker.

gianmarco

Was really dissapointed with this one. The notes were so promising, but failed.

stever882
stever882

This may not be unique and has similar qualities to blue de Chanel but I find this one to be more enjoyable than blue. the only thing I like about blue is the the citrus dry down and that's what this smells like without the annoying opening smell of a dusty church .

bay224
bay224

I do agree. I find this stuff strong with the smell of alcohol. It gives me a headache. It doesn't last too long for me, which is a good thing. I will be returning this one.

carolinedb
carolinedb

Maybe it's just my skin, but I find this horribly sharp and unpleasant. It gives off a strong, almost rubbing alcohol smell that I just don't understand.

antonpan
antonpan

Zegna Uomo is the second after Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale clone of Bleu de Chanel done by Alberto Morillas. Both times he focused on the fresh minty-violet side of Bleu, ignoring the richness of the dry down. I hoped for something more unique from Zegna.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

All I can say is "wow"! I like this stuff. The notes may not be anything unique but what I do find unique is how they develope. I have not experienced anything quite like it. It opens as a fresh green foresty smell and then evolves into a blue citrusy aquatic similar to L'eau D'Issey. I find the sillage and longevity to be in the average/moderate range going a good 3 to 4 hours at least. I get good whiffs of the spray I put on my shirt for quite some time and every time it hits my nostrils I am whisked away to the beach for brief moment only to be jolted back to reality when my boss knocks me in the head and asks "where the hell were you?!". Patience, my son, patience, I tell myself. My real day at the beach is only but a month away. In the meantime I have Uomo to take me there!

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

A woman's view:

I have rarely had the pleasure of a man smelling so good that it makes me want to bury my face in his chest and neck, forever. The violet leaf is surprising and oh so sexy, it's subtle and alluring. I like that the sillage isn't across the room trying to snag any female in a 20 foot radius. I am enfolded in it when we get close. It's like a secret he's wearing for only me and I want to extend our embrace to continue enjoying it. This is my favorite scent for a man I've encountered so far. It's a definite win!

bonanza1
bonanza1

I tested all of the 2013 releases from Polo Givenchy Fendi Versace etc.. and to me none of these are really bad scents, although some may say their boring.. well to each their own..But this one really jumped off the paper, then when I sprayed it on my arm and sniffed it my nose sparkled, I could not inhale enough of this.. that violet vetiver mix is soo well done, with just enough of the bergamont and rich citrus to ring in the cedar.. Now thats Italian....

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

If you collect aquatics this should be in your collection. Very refreshing not too sweet and not too citrusy. My wife loves this cologne from my summer collection.
I often get compliments from this cologne sometimes from friends and family's and sometimes from strangers. I can also say that this one is unique from my aquatic collection. NOT just another Aqua Di Gio.

Update: 1/8/2013
I just moved from San Francisco to Manila. I am really happy with this cologne, because I can wear this now all year round due to the tropical weather here in the Philippines. This aquatic is very well balanced unlike other aquatics that are too citrusy, too sweet, too light, too floral etc.
The hotter and warmer the weather gets, the better it gets.

I am surprised that this one is not too popular, but I would like to keep it that way because this makes us more unpredictable and unique to other people
I don't want it to be like Aqua di Gio, Polo Blue, or D&G Light Blue.
Most people already knows how those colognes smells which makes it boring for me. THIS IS A BUY!!! Great summer cologne for years to come.

UPDATE: 12/8/14
I have had this for 1 year now and I'm still happy with it. I still get compliments from it and most importantly, my wife still loves it on me. Let me try to break it down for you guys in a few words. The initial smell is the sweet violet with a little citrus. The sweetness and citrus is well balanced and not overpowering each other. Then after a few minutes you'll start to smell the woodiness from cedar and that wet earth smell from the vetiver. This is a very minimalistic cologne and you could smell all of the 5 or 6 notes that they have used. Worth a try if you love vetiver, because they did a great job mixing the vetiver with sweet violet, very little citrus and wood notes from the cedar.

My overall rating is 8.5/10
Updated overall rating 9/10 for well balance and uniqueness.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Not bad, but not original at all. It starts out with citrus and becomes woody, like a million other scents. Inoffensive, understated, safe for work. But I think I'd rather wear one of the Jack Black "Mark" scents, which seem to be the best of the inoffensive-understated-safe for work legion.

In terms of this being a vetiver scent, Guerlain Vetiver and Encre Noire are light years better.

bimmer1
bimmer1

I'm enjoying this fragrance. Very, very similar to Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale. Both have similarities to Bleu de Chanel.

jotalopez
jotalopez

This one seems to me as a mixture of Hugo Boss Element, Givenchy Blue Label and D&G Light Blue Living Stromboli. Kinda generic yet enjoyable. An inoffensive and decent scent for those into aquatic and fresh smells.

Jury is still out on this one.
Oh I really like it don't get me wrong it's more of the same from Zegna... simple & stylish, italian freshness.
There's Zingy citrus and not much else really for me... not sure it's worth getting yet?
Certainly inoffensive and more understated (in a good way) than a lot of similar fragrances out there.

Update: well I've had this on my skin a few times now and although my opinion hasn't changed all that much I seem to just love all of these Zegna fragrances even though I realise a few things. Firstly they're all made by different perfumers each time and they seem to have been given the brief of not blazing any kind of new trail or taking any kind of risks with Zegna's fragrances to keep the classic Italian ascetic.
Personally, I really like them although you could wage the criticism that they're a little bland and I would take that on board especially with this uomo.
I've found it pretty strong too...good sillage and longevity.

omarilm1
omarilm1

Man this stuff don't project I had to take it back

chillalot
chillalot

I just smelled my Ulta sample too...I should mention that someone, as in my neighbor or the postal worker had the nerve to sniff it first. I really can't blame them because this smells amazing...clean/masculine very sexy..I want a man that smells like this..ooohhh!!!! Guys wear this one and women will flock..women will want to snuggle

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I am smelling one of those samples of Uomo in a Ulta magazine right now as I write this.. I immediately thought oh how generic, another fresh citrus scent.. But as I kept on sniffing past the blast of citrus I detected a nice vetiver and the violet leaves.. I can detect every single one of the notes listed which is good.. It smells quite simple and nice.. It may not be my cup of tea but it definitely smells like a nice casual scent for the hot weather.. I first saw this bottle on a shelf in a perfumeria in Italy but I didn't sniff it than.. Now im in America and got my first whiff through this magazine.. I do not think Uomo has anything in common with Fahrenheit they smell completely different! It does however remind me of Yves Saint Laurent's L'homme Libre.. I guess its the citrus and violet leaves that give me that feeling.. They still are quite different.. If you like simple fresh scents that smell decent than this might be for you!

mario68
mario68

very manly and stylish

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Very early impressions are that it shares a lot of the feel of Bulgari Man (and hints of Fahrenheit) but a bit more mature.

I checked out the box and it listed both oakmoss and treemoss, which is not something you see in many designer scents these days.

---

New impressions: It's more similar to DKNY Men, but far less synthetic than that scent. It's got a fresh citrus over a 'papery' woods and some slight aquatic hints. Less sweet and less projection than Bulgari Man, it smells even more restrained and perhaps even more suitable for the office. So it sits as a subtle cross between DKNY, Acqua di Gio Essenza and Bulgari Man.

This smells like the essence of an honest, classy, professional white collar worker. Would be a great signature fragrance for someone not that into scent as it is truly extremely versatile. For those of us into scent, it makes for a nice all-purpose scent in the vein of AdG but more mature (in this way, it has the versatility of say Bleu de Chanel, even though they don't smell all that similar.

lovescully
lovescully

This one is not so bad. At least it's not another aquatic!

I get quite a strong representation of both the bergamot and violet leaf during the top and mid stages of this and then it does settle into a gentle woody base. I don't find Uomo in the slightest bit sweet like I do with Bvlgari Man. While there's no honey, vanilla or anything even remotely sweet, it does come across as a bit warm in the drydown. If anything, this reminds me somewhat of a lighter version of Dior's Fahrenheit.

Where Uomo does fall down for me is in the longevity and sillage departments. Like so many modern fragrances it feels like this was created so as not to offend delicate sensabilities. 2 or 3 hours after application, it's all but gone. Personally I prefer my fragrances a little more robust.

PolloLoco21
PolloLoco21

I bought this fragrance at Macy's, I wasn't planning on it but the lady was so generous and had me smell all their new colognes first , and boy did this smeel good, I mean its just so good that I bought it without thinking twice, its really nice to smell and lasts and projects really well, this is a must buy!

Deefit
Deefit

I found this VERY similar to Fan di Fendi Pour Homme, though Fendi is softer.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

اول باید دید این برای چه کسی ساخته شده یک ایتالیایی خشن از شهر بولونیا تا احساس خشن وجذاب بودن یک عطر را متوجه شوید بعد از آن نارضیتی خودمان را تشخیص میدهیم. درختان تلخ پوست لیمو را برای سرحالی شخصی درون دختان جنگل احساس خواهند کرد.

salt88
salt88

I agree. It is generic. Something that we already have smelled before; something that we already have a better alternative. But I admit, it's likable. Still, I won't buy it. Held the bottle, the plastic cap really feels cheap - I grimaced.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this is actually a good one. powerful projection with medium lasting. plus..the bottle oh-so-elegant....i love it..perfect for spring....i just dont understand why so many dislikes here??

Riverwide
Riverwide

Incredibly generic, bland and forgettable. Feeble longevity too. I wasn't expecting a lot and yet it still managed to disappoint.

Utterly pointless.

chancchiu
chancchiu

Another aquatic fresh fragrance that might be confused with the rest, forgettable!

gianmarco

I think this will be a great one, i can already imagine what it smells like just by thinking of an italian modern cologne inspired by the roots of italy