Designers » D E » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

ozonic
Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men Videos
Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

After the collection Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna, another fragrance for men will be launched – its name is Uomo. The new fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna will hit the shelves in spring 2013 and it will embody the essence of Italian style, Italian concept and Italian aromas.

“You buy a fragrance, you buy a dream. And it’s easier to sell dreams with fragrances than with fashion.” said Zegna.

Composition of the new fragrance Ermenegildo Zegna UOMO consists of citruses and bergamot from Zegna's visit to Calabria, Italia. Citrusy notes are accompanied by accords of Violettyne Captive –violet leaf essence. Woody notes of cedar and vetiver contribute to strength and elegance of the fragrance.

The perfume arrives in a glass flacon with thin, diagonal lines, as 30, 50 and 100ml eau de toilette. Besides EDT, the collection also includes after shave balm 100ml and shower gel 200ml. Face of the advertising campaign is Ryan Burns, photographer is Matthew Brookes, and director of advertising campaign Jonas Åkerlund.

Citruses Calabrian bergamot violet leaves Vetiver Cedar

L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic

Uomo Fragrance Reviews

adyyy7
adyyy7

Good quality as always from Zegna.Very nice versatile fragrance . Good longevity and sillage on my skin.I find this to be one of the best balanced men fragrances.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Uomo opens pretty tasty, very invigorating and pleasant, a citrus touch seems quite natural.
He was doing well until you get to the heart when it appears, in my opinion, like a cheap violet, that appears in many synthetic fragrances out there, base with a light touch almost non-woody note. Completely dispensable

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

First Impressions: A free sample of Zegna’s Uomo arrived in the mail with a recent online purchase. The instant I sprayed it on the back of my hand, I was struck by how much it smelt like another scent I own.

Initially, it smells virtually identical to Versace Man Eau Fraiche - I mean, it’s almost a clone. The only real difference is that the Versace fragrance is brighter, more citrusy on top. The Zegna scent is like a slightly mellower version.

Then after the intro notes faded, Uomo morphed into another familiar scent. Throughout its middle phase to its end phase it becomes a dead ringer for Nautica Voyage.

So, with Zegna’s Uomo it seems you’re getting two decent summer fragrances in one bottle.

Manny44
Manny44

Very masculine and straightfaced. I've been impressed by the quality of all of the Zegna designer line fragrances Ive been testing lately. Not a dud in the bunch. This is becoming one my favorite houses,. Have to say I enjoy Z and Z extreme more than this particular frag but thats a subjective opinion based on what I personally feel comfortable wearing at the moment.

DSun
DSun

Another good, but not great, rendition of a sporty citrus aquatic...go for L'eau d'Issey, Acqua di Gio Essenza, or even Bleu de Chanel instead if you absolutely, definitely, positively love this old tired genre.

Would I buy it? Yes, but my perfume rack already has 10 others like it.

What sets it apart? Nothing, I'm afraid. Like what the majority has said on this forum, it's pretty generic.

SirYugen
SirYugen

Received a decant of this after ordering a fragrance from fragrancenet.com. I sprayed this on in the house and at first i thought "okay, it's a regular generic citrus". Then after about 10 minutes. The scent resembled the smell of musty wet grass that had just been urinated on. I went into this decant excited and really wanted to like it, but after two wearings, I will not be trying it again. Those whom i lived with urged me to wash it off because of how horrible it smelled to them and used air freshener to clear the scent.

Test this before you buy it.
0.5/10

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

I got a sample from fragrancenet. I smelled this before in sephora and i dismissed it. However, now I actually sprayed some on today. I agree 100% with most of the other reviews. This is generic, boring, and your average cologne!! There is no complexity, no development, and no excitement. It is simply one of the most boring fragrances I've ever smelled!!! There are notes of citrus and woods with a watery violet accord.
A better alternative would be l'homme libre which also features a prominent violet note. However libre has more character and depth to it. No, they are not the same but they share similarities. The violet, vetiver, green, citrus vibe has been done before and so many do it better then Zegna. At $80 for a 3.4oz NO WAY!!!! I suggest people look for another fragrance. However, when it first came out they were really pushing this one with advertisements and at department stores/sephora . It was pushed so much I finally told an associate one day that "it just doesnt smell all that good!" Overall not impressed!!

Negative reviews get thumbs down most of the time so I don't know if this review will be up for long. But if you read this, heed my warning!!

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I changed my mind about this, so much so I went and bought it, it lasts very well on the skin, and it is a really fresh Summery and citrus fragrance. Great job!!

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

So I got a sample of this cologne from fragrancenet and I must say based on the mixed reviews of this I was a little scared to try it.lol... But Im glad I got past the fear cuz this quite a great fragrance !!!

Now I can see why a lot of people that have tried a lot of frags might say this is generic and unoriginal and to an extent I agree with that. But if you appreciate and like a scent thats just pleasant and 1 that people around you will enjoy look no further because this is most likely the scent for you. But on the flip side of that, if you have tried many fragrances and want 1 thats going to be original and wow people Id probably look for something else. I mean this stuff is VERY pleasant smelling but its nothing thats so different that its wowed me.

On to the smell...To me it smells like a very refreshing,aquatic body wash. Its very appropriate for office wear and casual wear as its not too bold but at the same time very inoffensive and to be honest its reminiscent of Azzaro Chrome with its beach like freshness but without the almost cloying muskiness it has in the drydown.

Projection is just a little above average. This is a scent that projects but only leaves a small scent bubble around you and it stays like this for about 6 hours until the last 2 hours in which it becomes a skin scent.

I highly suggest this as a school or office scent !!!

Final rating: I give this a 8 out of 10.... I want to give it a better rating because its so pleasing and performs very well but it loses points on originality and the projection is only average

Its a safe and pleasing scent. But a QUALITY safe and pleasing scent :)

And I strongly disagree with the people that say this is no better than a drug store frag !

Jridgen
Jridgen

Uomo may be the quintessential generic fragrance (a pretentious label I do not normally give out), smelling like the plasticy/deodorant knock-off of a knock-off of a dollar-store-copy of a 90's fresh scent. What's completely offensive is at $70 or whatever is being charged for this, it is literally indistinguishable from the dollar store alternative. Save yourself the $69 and go to your local Dollar Tree (note: I do endorse or work for The Dollar Tree).

1/10, which also makes for my first 1/10 score. Congratulations Uomo.

zomran
zomran

I really like it! Definitely a Spring / Summer daytime fragrance! I've had some compliments on this one.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

It appears that even an evocative ad can't save this one.

Kiszonyogor95
Kiszonyogor95

Quite nice spring/summer scent, but disappointing in terms of quality/price relation :/
A bit generic, but overall nice, refreshing frag for sunny days, with some Italian style contained.
Pleasant to wear, but not original at all.
It stays on my skin up to ~6h with moderate projection so its not too bad.
Overall - nice, but overpriced and somehow boring.
And the plastic plug is making really bad impression in comparison with a pretty bottle itself - why couldnt it be made of glass too? I honestly dont know...
6+/10

randy koehler
randy koehler

Some sweetness with aquatics,citrus,musky,sour but quite alcoholic at the beginning..will need some more testing with this!!

Nick M
Nick M

Put it on your skin before you dismiss this one, there's a pleasant spicy background which emerges. It's a sparkly spice which is really intriguing; Chanel Egoiste Platinum does the same thing for me, although I can't say they smell the same. It may not develop into a homerun, but it's more interesting than maybe you first thought.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

A nice summer fragrance with a citrussy/vetiver base! Really fresh and clean and overall a nice everyday summer fragrance for work or just to have a good time...
6.5/10

nicholassua
nicholassua

really boring - nothing's special
too simple
SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR ANOTHER BRAND

dandan
dandan

Zegna Uomo is a very fresh and sharp bergamot-vetiver combo. It's nothing new for people who follow the fragrance market, but it's a very well blended, good quality scent.
Those who dislike it, probably expected something groundbreaking, but they are just simply not the target audience.
It's for those who likes the Ermenegildo Zegna brand. They will know exactly, even if they blind buy it, and spray 3-4 on them, they not going to smell like a Joop teenager or an Amouge warrior.

It's just a good quality business scent. I like it.

Neomax3
Neomax3

My skin is a type of that 'drinks' perfume. Usually only last about 4-6 hours including those that are well known for its 'insane' longevity like YSL Kouros and La Nuit,Encre Noire, Eau Savage (to name a few). Well this one is another story. Can last 8-12 hours on me so this is definitely not too weak as some say. It is actually depends on your skin so sample first.
Love the smell especially the vetiver as it is most prominent from MPOV. Maybe not as light years away as Encre Noire (really weak on my skin) as some say, but it is sophisticated enough. Good job Alberto Morillas!

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Got a good deal on this and snagged it for my hubby.
Very generic smelling, but it will be used as an office scent. Nonetheless I still think it smells sexy!

ewan_cyrano
ewan_cyrano

I will buy the ermenegildo zegna parfum because of the free goodies... the weekender bag... but not the perfume... I also want to add one of the Ermenegildo Zegna perfume to my collection... But which one is the best?

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

tried this today..made my nose itch and was told i smell like wood...

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

very generic ozone-acquatic with a hint of lemon dish wash aura and sinthetic mint leaves,horrible ,nauseating ,boring that's all ,projection and sillage below zero ,definitely not a must buy .

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I got Uomo Ermenegildo Zegna as a gift from a good friend of mine. I had never worn it before. This morning I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did because it is a very nice fragrance. It is very gentle and perfect for the office. I smell the citrus, vetiver and the cedar.
I don't know why all the negative comments for this fragrance. To me each fragrance has their own individual character.

jburnsm
jburnsm

My girlfriend was wearing this and I had no idea it was made for Men.

I really smell some type of tea smell at first a very green tea like experience. Green Green green, fresh, clean, sweet, I can totally smell the violet leaves and citrus but a more sweet airy citrus. Orange Blossoms maybe

On the dry down I still get this light, flora,l airy, green, leaf, freshly showered (not soapy) aroma

You know what it's not tea, actually It could be but, I smell cucumber yes cucumbers that's the green like smell I get fresh violet and cucumbers with sweet citrus blossoms.

Non the less I don't see this as a male fragrance at least not one that I would wear

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

refreshing tidal wave of citrus combined with a musky almost sexual green, fresh, stays close to the skin and is very invigorating and illuminating to the senses

areyouin729
areyouin729

generic junk that smells like hundreds of other forgettable colognes; couldn't wait to get the samples off my arms.

kenney77
kenney77

Amazing cologne lots of compliments very long lasting new favorite

ameer014
ameer014

I really enjoy the smell but Sillage and longevity are poor, Never got a complement.
also didn't last on my skin more than 2 hours, Had to return the bottle.

Smell 8.5/10
Sillage 1/10
Longevity 3/10

majecatracho
majecatracho

similar to bleu de chanel but sweeter and weaker.

gianmarco

Was really dissapointed with this one. The notes were so promising, but failed.

stever882
stever882

This may not be unique and has similar qualities to blue de Chanel but I find this one to be more enjoyable than blue. the only thing I like about blue is the the citrus dry down and that's what this smells like without the annoying opening smell of a dusty church .

bay224
bay224

I do agree. I find this stuff strong with the smell of alcohol. It gives me a headache. It doesn't last too long for me, which is a good thing. I will be returning this one.

carolinedb
carolinedb

Maybe it's just my skin, but I find this horribly sharp and unpleasant. It gives off a strong, almost rubbing alcohol smell that I just don't understand.

antonpan
antonpan

Zegna Uomo is the second after Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale clone of Bleu de Chanel done by Alberto Morillas. Both times he focused on the fresh minty-violet side of Bleu, ignoring the richness of the dry down. I hoped for something more unique from Zegna.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

All I can say is "wow"! I like this stuff. The notes may not be anything unique but what I do find unique is how they develope. I have not experienced anything quite like it. It opens as a fresh green foresty smell and then evolves into a blue citrusy aquatic similar to L'eau D'Issey. I find the sillage and longevity to be in the average/moderate range going a good 3 to 4 hours at least. I get good whiffs of the spray I put on my shirt for quite some time and every time it hits my nostrils I am whisked away to the beach for brief moment only to be jolted back to reality when my boss knocks me in the head and asks "where the hell were you?!". Patience, my son, patience, I tell myself. My real day at the beach is only but a month away. In the meantime I have Uomo to take me there!

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

A woman's view:

I have rarely had the pleasure of a man smelling so good that it makes me want to bury my face in his chest and neck, forever. The violet leaf is surprising and oh so sexy, it's subtle and alluring. I like that the sillage isn't across the room trying to snag any female in a 20 foot radius. I am enfolded in it when we get close. It's like a secret he's wearing for only me and I want to extend our embrace to continue enjoying it. This is my favorite scent for a man I've encountered so far. It's a definite win!

bonanza1
bonanza1

I tested all of the 2013 releases from Polo Givenchy Fendi Versace etc.. and to me none of these are really bad scents, although some may say their boring.. well to each their own..But this one really jumped off the paper, then when I sprayed it on my arm and sniffed it my nose sparkled, I could not inhale enough of this.. that violet vetiver mix is soo well done, with just enough of the bergamont and rich citrus to ring in the cedar.. Now thats Italian....

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

If you collect aquatics this should be in your collection. Very refreshing not too sweet and not to citrusy. My wife loves this cologne from my summer collection.
I often get compliments from this cologne sometimes from friends and family's and sometimes from strangers. I can also say that this one is unique from my aquatic collection. NOT just another Aqua Di Gio.

Update: 1/8/2013
I just moved from San Francisco to Manila. I am really happy with this cologne, because I can wear this now all year round due to the tropical weather here in the Philippines. This aquatic is very well balanced unlike other aquatics that are too citrusy, too sweet, too light, too floral etc.
The hotter and warmer the weather gets, the better it gets.

I am surprised that this one is not too popular, but I would like to keep it that way because this makes us more unpredictable and unique to other people
I don't want it to be like Aqua di Gio, Polo Blue, or D&G Light Blue.
Most people already knows how those colognes smells which makes it boring for me. THIS IS A BUY!!! Great summer cologne for years to come.

My overall rating is 8.5/10
Updated overall rating 9/10 for well balance and uniqueness.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Not bad, but not original at all. It starts out with citrus and becomes woody, like a million other scents. Inoffensive, understated, safe for work. But I think I'd rather wear one of the Jack Black "Mark" scents, which seem to be the best of the inoffensive-understated-safe for work legion.

In terms of this being a vetiver scent, Guerlain Vetiver and Encre Noire are light years better.

bimmer1
bimmer1

I'm enjoying this fragrance. Very, very similar to Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale. Both have similarities to Bleu de Chanel.

jotalopez
jotalopez

This one seems to me as a mixture of Hugo Boss Element, Givenchy Blue Label and D&G Light Blue Living Stromboli. Kinda generic yet enjoyable. An inoffensive and decent scent for those into aquatic and fresh smells.

Jury is still out on this one.
Oh I really like it don't get me wrong it's more of the same from Zegna... simple & stylish, italian freshness.
There's Zingy citrus and not much else really for me... not sure it's worth getting yet?
Certainly inoffensive and more understated (in a good way) than a lot of similar fragrances out there.

Update: well I've had this on my skin a few times now and although my opinion hasn't changed all that much I seem to just love all of these Zegna fragrances even though I realise a few things. Firstly they're all made by different perfumers each time and they seem to have been given the brief of not blazing any kind of new trail or taking any kind of risks with Zegna's fragrances to keep the classic Italian ascetic.
Personally, I really like them although you could wage the criticism that they're a little bland and I would take that on board especially with this uomo.
I've found it pretty strong too...good sillage and longevity.

omarilm1
omarilm1

Man this stuff don't project I had to take it back

chillalot
chillalot

I just smelled my Ulta sample too...I should mention that someone, as in my neighbor or the postal worker had the nerve to sniff it first. I really can't blame them because this smells amazing...clean/masculine very sexy..I want a man that smells like this..ooohhh!!!! Guys wear this one and women will flock..women will want to snuggle

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I am smelling one of those samples of Uomo in a Ulta magazine right now as I write this.. I immediately thought oh how generic, another fresh citrus scent.. But as I kept on sniffing past the blast of citrus I detected a nice vetiver and the violet leaves.. I can detect every single one of the notes listed which is good.. It smells quite simple and nice.. It may not be my cup of tea but it definitely smells like a nice casual scent for the hot weather.. I first saw this bottle on a shelf in a perfumeria in Italy but I didn't sniff it than.. Now im in America and got my first whiff through this magazine.. I do not think Uomo has anything in common with Fahrenheit they smell completely different! It does however remind me of Yves Saint Laurent's L'homme Libre.. I guess its the citrus and violet leaves that give me that feeling.. They still are quite different.. If you like simple fresh scents that smell decent than this might be for you!

mario68
mario68

very manly and stylish

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Very early impressions are that it shares a lot of the feel of Bulgari Man (and hints of Fahrenheit) but a bit more mature.

I checked out the box and it listed both oakmoss and treemoss, which is not something you see in many designer scents these days.

---

New impressions: It's more similar to DKNY Men, but far less synthetic than that scent. It's got a fresh citrus over a 'papery' woods and some slight aquatic hints. Less sweet and less projection than Bulgari Man, it smells even more restrained and perhaps even more suitable for the office. So it sits as a subtle cross between DKNY, Acqua di Gio Essenza and Bulgari Man.

This smells like the essence of an honest, classy, professional white collar worker. Would be a great signature fragrance for someone not that into scent as it is truly extremely versatile. For those of us into scent, it makes for a nice all-purpose scent in the vein of AdG but more mature (in this way, it has the versatility of say Bleu de Chanel, even though they don't smell all that similar.

lovescully
lovescully

This one is not so bad. At least it's not another aquatic!

I get quite a strong representation of both the bergamot and violet leaf during the top and mid stages of this and then it does settle into a gentle woody base. I don't find Uomo in the slightest bit sweet like I do with Bvlgari Man. While there's no honey, vanilla or anything even remotely sweet, it does come across as a bit warm in the drydown. If anything, this reminds me somewhat of a lighter version of Dior's Fahrenheit.

Where Uomo does fall down for me is in the longevity and sillage departments. Like so many modern fragrances it feels like this was created so as not to offend delicate sensabilities. 2 or 3 hours after application, it's all but gone. Personally I prefer my fragrances a little more robust.

PolloLoco21
PolloLoco21

I bought this fragrance at Macy's, I wasn't planning on it but the lady was so generous and had me smell all their new colognes first , and boy did this smeel good, I mean its just so good that I bought it without thinking twice, its really nice to smell and lasts and projects really well, this is a must buy!

Deefit
Deefit

I found this VERY similar to Fan di Fendi Pour Homme, though Fendi is softer.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

اول باید دید این برای چه کسی ساخته شده یک ایتالیایی خشن از شهر بولونیا تا احساس خشن وجذاب بودن یک عطر را متوجه شوید بعد از آن نارضیتی خودمان را تشخیص میدهیم. درختان تلخ پوست لیمو را برای سرحالی شخصی درون دختان جنگل احساس خواهند کرد.

salt88
salt88

I agree. It is generic. Something that we already have smelled before; something that we already have a better alternative. But I admit, it's likable. Still, I won't buy it. Held the bottle, the plastic cap really feels cheap - I grimaced.

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

this is actually a good one. powerful projection with medium lasting. plus..the bottle oh-so-elegant....i love it..perfect for spring....i just dont understand why so many dislikes here??

Riverwide
Riverwide

Incredibly generic, bland and forgettable. Feeble longevity too. I wasn't expecting a lot and yet it still managed to disappoint.

Utterly pointless.

chancchiu
chancchiu

Another aquatic fresh fragrance that might be confused with the rest, forgettable!

fuggerone
fuggerone

generic and boring..just save your money!

gianmarco

I think this will be a great one, i can already imagine what it smells like just by thinking of an italian modern cologne inspired by the roots of italy

Uomo by Ermenegildo Zegna 3.49 out of 5 based on 196 ratings and 58 user reviews

ZEGNA UOMO for MEN by Ermenegildo Zegna EDT SPRAY 1 OZ UNBOXED
ZEGNA UOMO for MEN by Ermenegildo Zegna EDT SPRAY 1 OZ UNBOXED
23.00 GBP
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Eau De Toilette 50ml
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Eau De Toilette 50ml
ZEGNA UOMO for MEN by Ermenegildo Zegna EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ZEGNA UOMO for MEN by Ermenegildo Zegna EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ZEGNA UOMO for MEN by Ermenegildo Zegna SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ HAIR BODY WASH 3.4 OZ
38.50 GBP
Zegna Uomo
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz Hair Body Wash 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs
Gift Set 3.4oz
Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz After Shave Balm 100ml 3.4oz Hair Body Wash 100ml 3.4oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Uomo by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Uomo by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.