Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

Z Zegna Ermenegildo Zegna for men

Z Zegna Ermenegildo Zegna for men
dislike

Z Zegna Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

The second fragrance for men of the Italian designer Zegna is modern and youthful. The bluish bottle of sports design is practical and elegant and will for sure be liked by the younger audience. The fragrance opens in fresh and fruity notes of bergamot, rosemary and Casoar fruit (blue berries from New Guinea similar to blueberry, which olfactively resemble red currant), and yellow Mirabelle plums. The exotic fruits give a modern green-fruity nuance. The spicy heart of iris, nutmeg, and white pepper announce arrival of sensual woodsy notes, warm and natural: cashmere wood, patchouli, musk, and oak moss. The perfume was created by Antoine Lie, Pierre Negrin i and Olivier Gillotin in 2005.

Rosemary Sicilian Bergamot

Nutmeg White Pepper iris

Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cashmere Wood

Zlatan Pour Homme

Z Zegna Fragrance Reviews

ralopa
ralopa

I love the rosemary and cashmere wood in this juice, and I think this one is the best from Zegna's designer lines, but longevity is too poor! Applys 2x will only get 3 hours or so on my skin. I hate its longevity!

FYI: the review I wrote down is based on the version from Estee Lauder house, produced in 2014. And there was another version produced by Yves Saint Laurent before Estee Lauder bought Zegna's permission from YSL.

Difference:
(1) Old version from YSL, more woody, more of depth, and lasts longer
(2) New version from Estee Lauder, more aquatic and metallic.

lvxifer
lvxifer

Big surprise w/o doubt to me.excellent fresh fragrance,very interesting in all aspects of evolution,different than rivals in genre and much better. love clearness and cyber cold effect.

caifan
caifan

Z Zegna is good fragrance for summer and spring, maybe for autumm too. Is fresh, citrus, spicy and woody.
Since first spray you can feel a very fresh sensation of to be near to the sea, although don't have acuatic notes, but the citrus notes are very pleasant. In its middle phase you smell the spices more pepper tha nutmeg and in the end is more woody and musky.
It has very good sillage near to 12 hrs., but projection is regular. I like it.

dvd1794

My absolute all time favourite. I bought a Ermenegildo Zegna wallet and they gave me a tester for Z Zegna and when i smelt it I just had to have it. It is a fresh and summery scent that I would recommend for a younger audience and definitely wear as a casual scent.

daniele pegoraro
daniele pegoraro

fragranza acquatica piuttosto generica con note calde di base di muschio piuttosto dominanti. Durata media e proiezione bassina. Buono per non offendere nessuno in ufficio nelle mezze stagioni.

profumo:3/5
performance: 3/5
prezzo: 4/5

Momenti
Momenti

"A Mediterranean Breeze" ****

The perfume I chose for a summer trip on a cruise through Mediterranean Sea.

Aquatic? Yes.
Herbal? Yes.
Spicy? Yes.
Woody? Yes.

Classy, close to the skin, fitted for the captain's dinner. And for the ball afterwards.

This is so versatile, you can wear it in the office or in the gym.

It carries the elegance of Zegna, and that is not little.

Nick M
Nick M

This is like the leader of the safe soapy/fresh scent gang -- you know the ones designed for college kids, your father-in-law, etc. It's absolutely wearable for any guy, it just lacks some complexity for people who already have a decent collection of frags.

It is a strong enough competitor to rise above the generic label though; the bottle looks great and it's a solid unoffensive smell overall.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Fruity-minty metallic fizziness, translucent soapiness, azure water, crystal and glass, a sparkling fruity cocktail, with a subtle, sophisticated sort of “synthetic leather chair” feel. The smell of cold metal, rubber, fresh air. Both formally gentle, and almost arrogant with its cold cutting sharpness, especially at the beginning. What instantly got my attention here is that Z by Zegna manages to stay connected to a certain type of “middle class mainstream” references, which in the end would be, I guess, more or less aligned to Zegna's customers' world, while smelling almost avantgarde, decidedly “niche” and different enough from other similar designer scents: it smells sharp, crisp, minimalistic, “cold” and synthetic, but by no means “cheap” or generic – not at all. If that makes sense, on the contrary it smells “high quality synthetic”. Both for the quality and the creativity involved. An azure-black scent: if you take a look at the bottle, that’s the perfect visual depiction of the fragrance. Glass, azure water, grey metal, black rubber. This may be classified as a fruity-spicy-woody aquatic scent, as it basically seems composed by tart citrus notes, something fruity and bittersweet like apple or blackcurrant, soft woods, sharp spices, green notes and a very hint of patchouli; surely on the “fresh & office-safe” mainstream side, but this doesn’t prevent it to be classy and above all, something on its own creativity-wise. It does not really remind me of anything else, and I quite disagree about considering this a copycat of Aqua di Giò or similar fragrances. It clearly belongs to that same family in broad terms, but this doesn’t make it a redundant blatant copy. While the concept of “sport/aquatic/office-fresh” fragrance is surely involved, in my opinion Z by Zegna sits actually quite away from most other fragrances of those genres. It conveys those clichés, but in a unique way – colder, fruitier, sharper, with a really peculiar feel of “icy futuristic elegance”. It smells sophisticated, formal and sporty at once, cold and synthetic yet somehow slightly “warm” in a really natural way – the warmth of lukewarm crystal water and sea breeze. This "warm" feature will emerge clearly on the drydown, more centered on extremely subtle dusty-powdery-woody notes. Kind of yuppie, a bit light and a bit too linear to be entirely compelling, but in my opinion surely fascinating and more than pleasant to wear.

7-7,5/10

everlicious
everlicious

Lovely blue scent, sofisticated, clean and envigorating fragance that makes you distinctive transmitting the elegant spirit of the Italian Fashion Designer.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Here's another ordinary, fresh and typically blue fragrance. But I need to say one thing: it's very underestimated! Z Zegna is a scent full of similarities with other more refreshing, as Acqua di Gio, Tommy, etc.

It has notes of Sicilian bergamot and Rosemary, on top; white pepper, nutmeg and Iris, in the heart; patchouli, oakmoss and cashmere wood, in the base. I would say that is an aromatic-Woody, because the bergamot is responsible for the freshness, but is the Rosemary that gives the Minty tone that combines perfectly with the pepper. From the base, the biggest highlight is the oakmoss and its forest nuances, humid and Woody at the same time.

It's simple, linear and has, in a way, a plea for elegance. Personally, I never managed to keep a fragrance as my "signature" for a long time, but I remember I finished a whole bottle in about 3 months, using it almost every day.
It is pleasant, has good projection and the lasting on my skin was very good, especially for the kind of fragrance that is.

Here is one of the few examples of colognes that I nominate purchase blindly, even more for those who live in a country as hot as mine (Brazil).

Gwdbe
Gwdbe

This is very good, both opening and dry down are remarkably good.

Pleasant but unremarkable. This fragrance is young and generic and would be good after the gym. However, there is nothing mind-blowing or too sophisticated about it. Reminds me of D & G's The One Sport, and has a similarly weak sillage and longevity.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

It's a nice scent...very similar to Davidoff Echo but less metallic smelling. The only problem is it doesn't last long. I have scent-eating skin and this is detectable reasonably well for about an hour and then it descends to a skin scent after that. I am a sucker for a nice smelling citrus/spice aquatic blend which this us but if it were not for the longevity problems I would consider a full bottle. Maybe if they had a EDP version it might solve that problem.

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

This scent is so simple that it smells good. A fragrance with no pretentions but very pleasant.

calculus314
calculus314

The smell:
Very crisp and energizing. Like biting into a cold green apple.

I was introduced to this fragrance from someone working the fragrance counter at Nordstrom.

One of the best kept secrets in the designer perfume world.

Manny44
Manny44

Sporty? Yes but Zegna sporty, which means well made and more refined than other frags it gets compared to in the male freshie category. Refined is the best word I can think of to describe this houses offerings. 7/10.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Fresh, clean, very bright and light.
Spesifically made for a younger audience, it also has "sport" written all over it.

I was surprised Turin (A-Z) gave it four stars, and claimed it smelled natural, modern, masculine and well made.

Perhaps so, but Z is also aquatic, light and unoriginal. Nothing wrong with that, but let's call Z what it really is (sporty) and place it in a category with fierce competition.

Whether you choose sport from Dior, Chanel, Gucci or Zegna doesn't really matter. They are all nice and young and fresh, but boring if you really care about how you smell.

RUDOLFO512

Z Zegna is one of my all time favorite summer colognes. It smells very fresh and clean. It is perfect for "casual Friday" at the office or just for general daytime wear. It is perfect for the hot and humid climate we have in South Florida. I get many compliments when I wear it. It lasts a long time on me.

paulhunter
paulhunter

Upon opening spray, this smelled just like Acqua di Gio to me, but after twenty minutes it becomes a bit more distinctive. A sweet, smooth aquatic without too much acidity or saltiness. The scent itself is pleasant but not groundbreaking, as is the cliché with all aquatics. The biggest problem for me was the way my skin at this up, minimal projection and longevity with my chemistry.

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

SO AMAZING AND SEXUAL a girl got on me when i wore this it was good

ewan_cyrano
ewan_cyrano

Well, I like this perfume because it got the free gift ... Zegna Weekender bag... But not the perfume though...

kagisho
kagisho

I want this one, I think its not different to many fresh scents out there, but to my nose it just too beautiful and charismatic. I would use it on a daily basis to work(indoors) during summers. I like it a lot.

dariengauthier
dariengauthier

LOVE this scent. It used to be my signature. I used to always pick this up whenever I had the chance as I would get so many complements. Over the years though it's become harder to find and so now I just opt for Lacoste L.12.12 Blanc which is pretty much the same thing. Happy camper here! :)

Ah ha!!! No wonder I love it so much it's very similar to Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. Subtly different and quite different in the dry down, I love both of them.

Well...Z is an interesting one for me.
At first, my favourite Zegna fragrance was Intenso then Forte then this. However it just shows you that you need a while to let them settle down and live with for a bit before making any hasty judgements.
This is now my favourite, they're all of the same ilk more classy citrus business in the top notes but it's the dry down with this that makes it.
I think it must be the exotic fruits that make it stand out from the crowd.
This is a superb fragrance and can be worn anytime.

RUDOLFO512

This fragrance is my weekend cologne. I love to wear it on the weekends when I am doing nothing. I love the fresh fruity, clean, summery feel of it. I get lots of compliments when I wear it.

saguna
saguna

Smelled today in a store, as I wanted to buy something less popular for my hubby - but it disappointed me. It's usual light fresh scent - many more on the market in the same style. Nothing special. Cheap , though.

gzalvares
gzalvares

clean, light, fresh, but with great lasting power and silage

jtappenden
jtappenden

Refreshing,light & uplifting.Stylish,sensual & on-trend.A wonderful product.

dandan
dandan

The Ermenegildo Zegna brand re-released this fragrance in 2012, with a new advertising campaign shot by David Sims. The updated the packaging and the bottle. The notes are the same.

The smell is a really pleasant day to day smell, really safe but quite different than other fragrances with the same notes. Thanks to its well balanced formula, the patchouli really comes together with the Bombay Sapphire gin note. The gin note takes the form in the juniper, bergamot (similar to lemon peel) and iris notes.
You can use it the office or at home, or even when you going out.
A modern, contemporary scent, for young guys in there 20s-30s.

The sillage and longevity are weak, could be better, but thanks to this you can't spray too much. :P

The slightly updated bottle is still one of the best modern bottle on the market. Looks good, seek for attention, comfortable to hold.

I'm really satisfied with it, but I know that some of you expect more silage and longevity.

ososigma16
ososigma16

Very fresh, as many here said, this is a fragance that unless you stay at home or office, you are not going to smell it, better said "this is not a outdoor fragance" because you will never notice it, it's very subtle.
I like it much, indeed youthful, citrus and woody but I didn't get the spicy.
I will recommended it to young people, for daytime to stay at home with your girlfriend enjoying wine, watching movies!!!

rodolfo
rodolfo

The opening is fantastic, but then fades quickly into a very generic citrus, in my opinion. It gets really sour on me.
Projects quite well and longevity isn't any bad too.
If you really like it, go for it. But it's not my cup of tea anymore.

Linden
Linden

Z Zegna has a fresh, fruity opening leading to a smooth woody base. Reminds me a bit of Dior Higher(Olivier Gillotin worked on both fragrances) but slightly sweeter and heavier as the patchouli is quite noticeable. Its not as refined as Higher but very relaxing, casual, soft with nice longevity, great for daily wear.

lovescully
lovescully

I know it’s simple and I know it’s fairly linear, but there’s just something so nice and refreshing about this fragrance that I can’t stop smelling my arm when I’m wearing it!

Even though it looks and is presented like many other ‘aqua’ style fragrances, there is something a little fruity and tart about Z that distinguishes it from the rest of the bunch. After about an hour I also get a noticeable but faint spicy menthol type vibe from this which keeps the freshness kicking for a few hours.

It’s certainly not an outstanding fragrance, but its easy wearability has seen it recently make it into my top 20 rotation for everyday use.

Longevity – about 5 hours tops;
Sillage – easily detectable in the first 2 hours, then fades somewhat;
Value for $ – if you are paying retail price not great. However, as this can be found relatively cheaply on-line ($35 for 100mls), not too shabby.

Easily recommended as a safe blind buy for those who are looking for a slightly different ‘fresh’ style masculine fragrance. Not a stunner, but it still gets a thumbs up from me.

m2c
m2c

this one is elegant. luv the drydown. top note is generic tho.

pauluch3
pauluch3

I love it on my husband. It's almost his second skin. Fresh and spicy, great for everyday use. For easygoing and sporty people. But works well with a tie on a business meeting as well. Versatile and not very common.
*****

Cool, light, and slightly sweet. It's another goof-proof scent that blends in anywhere and don't expect it to stand out unless you're the only one wearing a fragrance.

I never gets spicy on me, so I wouldn't consider this woody spicy at all. Furthermore, the closest thing can think of would be somewhere along with Azzaro Chrome or Davidoff Echo. Actually, this Zegna is the lightest.

bronstein
bronstein

It's nice one, but difficult to recognise. As mentioned above: ideal for everyday use. Whether this makes it worth buying is open to interpretation.

***

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

This is a nice fragrance for everyday use..its light and refreshing..it can be wear as casual or just chillin and hanging out with friends..Yet its very safe..i love the bottle design. I use it at work and doesnt bother anybody and it smells good...longevity and projection is moderate give me 6 to 7 hours with 4 spray.I prefer use this than old spice and axe..You wont be dissappointment...

Great buy with a great scent

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Tested this one at the airport.

A very clean/fresh aquatic with a metallic tinge to it. A lovely fragrance that never got dull to my nose.
Lasts 10 hours easily to!

paul_d
paul_d

I received a small bottle of this one as a bonus when purchasing Intenso, which I have been wearing for a while now. I find Z is a bit "too much" by itself but works great on top of Intenso to "refresh/reset" it halfway during the day, just a drop or two is usually enough.

danielmrc
danielmrc

Excelente aroma, muy elegante y fresco ideal para toda ocasion

guest_lainley
guest_lainley

The model's name is Guillaume Gabriel. He's french.

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Zegna has a pretty good line of cologne so far. All of them share this same kind of woody-nut-oakish kind of vibe. Z Zegna is probably the worst of the Zegna line that I've smelt, which isn't entirely a bad thing. I'm glad the Zegna line is improving over time!

Z is fresh at first spray. It makes you say "Oooo!". That factor only last for like... Oh I don't know... 10 minutes? It then gets very woody and like a sharp grass accord. By now I would say Calvin Klein's Free copied what Z is within 10 minutes.

Z is also very, very safe. There isn't anything special about it in my opinion, incomplex. It's clean, sporty, and youthful. That's what it's intended for I suppose. It does smell good don't get me wrong, it's just that the direction I'm going in as far as scents Z isn't comparing anymore.

Longevity is great, that's a plus! I smell it throughout the day and I'd say the sillage is pretty decent.

Update: While wearing this, I was asked by a friend if I was wearing sun tanning lotion. I agreed because I was kind of embarrassed to say I was wearing a cologne. :(

andy
andy

this scent has a nice edge and its a masterpiece with a great drydown and perfect for anyone to wear

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

Clean and light, but boring and smelled a bit like my brothers hair gel. It's not awful smelling, but for the price It's one of my least favorite aquatic style scents I've smelt

periquito89
periquito89

Very very light, clean and close to the skin, maybe too much for some, who would think this is so generic. Despiste all the "lightness", I can identify it as a woody scent (again, in a very light way).

Like Tarida said, "nothing to shout about", but in the world of the so called "light/fresh" scents, this one is a safe option to me. I would use just to walk, to go to the gym, after the shower when I'm going to stay at home, or even at the office.

Cool bottle.

guest_coco
guest_coco

i really like this product but here in mexico it´s so expensive now it´s arround 90 dls.

my girlfriend pushing me to buyit xD

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This is a nice light fragrance. Good for the office or just hanging around with friends. This would be a great 1st time fragrance b/c it is not to overpowering, classic scent and great bottle. Designed for a teen or an individual who is just beginning to explore fragrances.

I enjoy the balance of fruit, wood and green notes of Z Zegna.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Z Zegna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Z Zegna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Z Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Z Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.