Designers » D E » Oriental « Groups

dislike

honey
tobacco
Zegna Forte Ermenegildo Zegna for men Pictures

Ermenegildo Zegna introduces the new men's fragrance Zegna Forte in a dark glass bottle that preserves the sparkling composition of the seductive aroma.

Zegna Forte is also a celebration edition which celebrates 100 years of brand creativity, work and creation.

Intense masculine notes with seductive and bewitched character combine freshness and depth in a unique way. Ginger and pink pepper are credited for the sparkling opening of the composition, combined with the typical lemon and grapefruit eau de cologne.

The heart of the composition includes an aromatic transition to the intoxicating, smokey and seductive notes, combined from lavender honey and white tobacco. The base keeps the notes of warm wood, amber and sensually warm and cuddly tonka.

The bottle is made of glass, undertoning from translucent white to dark black, reinterpreting the colours of the dusk. The shape is classical and without redundant details. It is available in amount of 50 and 100ml EDT and expected on the market from August 2010.

Citruses Grapefruit Pink Pepper Ginger Lemon

Lavender Tobacco white honey

Woodsy Notes Amber Tonka Bean

BOSS The Collection Silk & Jasmine
Extraordinary for Men

Zegna Forte Fragrance Reviews

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Perhaps the reviewer below is mixing up a few of these because to me and thousands of other people - it is the Zegna Intenso that smells like Armani Code...not this Forte bottle.

Perhaps Forte shares similarities to Armani Code Special Blend or Perfumo because this Forte is richer and warmer, but imo even that is a stretch.

Regardless this is a fantastic fragrance if you are a fan of Honey, Amber, and Tabacco. Similar to Lanvin avant garde or CK Shock (minus the redbull smell).

Happy sniffing!

ghent32
ghent32

Folks,

This is really simple:

If you're a fan of Armani Code, but unhappy with the weak performance - this is for you.

This smells 85% similar to code - it's slightly sweet, powdery, but actually lasts much better than Code and performs better.

I just got this this morning and put 1 single spray on my arm - 5 hours later I still smell that 1 single spray easily.

This is a very nice fragrance, though I have owned hundreds of bottles, this is my very first sniff of the Zegna house. Knowing the quality and performance of this, I will look at some of the other offerings.

CoreyProkowiew
CoreyProkowiew

The initial spray was good, but when the fragrance settled on my skin it was Heavenly!

9/10 all around!

Scent: 9
Silage: 9
Longevity: 9.5
Uniqueness: 8.5
Value: 8.5

Season: Winter/Fall
AM/PM: Either

Overall: 9/10

TobiasRo
TobiasRo

Hello for me tobacco sometimes takes on a coconut like note, is this the case with forte?

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Out if Zegna's fragrance...this juice is very pleasant with a sweet, creamy aroma from mostly honey and tonka bean with amber making it very luxurious. The base notes of woods and tobacco create a real attractive masculine aroma with a spicy base with a hint of pepper.
Longevity and Silage is moderate overall lasting about 4-6hrs.
Overall,
This fragrance is definitely underrated...I do find it very pleasing with a clean/powdery vib thou it's listed as a fall/winter scent. I agree that it very affordable for a decent juice. 7/10

Soldatel
Soldatel

Blind bought this perfume based on reviews and I must admit it is one of the best stuff I have ever had. It starts very harsh lemony-peppery but the drydown is spectacular, the tobacco-honey note rises off excellent but still leaves a trace of something fresh in the background. If you are in for casual magic nights or just want to have an all year round perfume which goes well everytime except on hot summer days, this is a good choice. It lasts about 8 to 10 hours on my dry skin from which it projects fair in the first 5 - frankly these values are more than acceptable for an EDT scent.

mhobba
mhobba

@libou the citrus opening is more like Kouros, but without the prominent civet note or earthy, mossy quality. It very quickly dries down and you're left with something much closer to Chergui, though still very different. It's very sweet with lovely hints of lavender.

libou
libou

Est-ce un parfum fort comme Kouros et Ted Lapidus pour homme? Car je deteste ce genre de parfim. Ou est-ce comme Chergui de Serge Lutens?Is it a strong fragrance as Kouros and Ted Lapidus pour homme? Because I hate this kind of perfum. Or is it like Serge Lutens Chergui?

theabsolutist
theabsolutist

Zegna Forte goes down the well travelled 1980s oriental path of combining a very strong honey note with earthy, dry tobacco and sensual amber that when combined with the crisp and sharp ginger, pink pepper and citrus creates a biting, powerful, darkish sweet combination of accords that is prevalent, alluring and classy. This is like a less synthetic, more minimalist oriented and better rounded version of Ted Lapidus Pour Homme. If you like honey and dry, leafy tobacco fragrances of the 1970s and 1980s you will enjoy this one as it basically takes those classical formulas and throws in some more 21st century pink pepper and ginger into a very standard formula to get something new and more biting in its range. What you get is mostly honey with a very well balanced and layered wear of tonka, tobacco, amber, ginger, pink pepper, citrus and aromatics that has very good projection and longevity and is a very good option for evening or formal wear in the cooler air of fall, winter and early spring. Bought this blind because I loved the note pyramid and am a fan of the classic 80s Ted Lapidus early 90s Nicole Miller for Men and wanted something along those lines without the leather. This definitely fit the bill and it's an impressive real ease by Zegna that has gone under the radar in North America and Northern Europe but is more popular in Italy and Spain for evening winter and formal wear.

Sillage: 8.5/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Creativity: 7.5/10
Value: 8.5/10

Mierdakokla
Mierdakokla

Mikemmel bi parfüm . Selahattin Abi kullaniyorsa zaten kötü olamaz .Everybody should buy and use it , signature scent of Selahattin Abi

LipMartell
LipMartell

The drydown on this fragrance is absolutely incredible. Tonka bean, tobacco and lavender honey. Very smooth.

barros1711
barros1711

I purchased this "in the dark", just looked at the notes and read the comments and bought it, since I love Essenza di Zegna and the middle notes are similar to my favorite Hugo Boss Number One (honey and tobacco).

When I first put it on my skin, the smell that came kicking with all force was UDV Black. So I was thinking: "this is great, I paid 73 USD for the same scent as a 20 USD".

I calmed down, waited a few hours, smelled it again and I have to say: IT IS CLASSY.

Modern, yet classy. The tobacco and the honey come along with lavender (I really had to focus to smell the lavender on this) so smoothly you can't even feel them coming, and when you realise, BAM! You were a modern young guy 1-2 hours ago and now you're a classy gentleman.

The middle notes came really fast and stayed for a good long time on my skin. Perfect for that hot date you want, really seductive and inviting.

Bought it with the intention of replacing my Hugo Boss Number One, but I guess I'll still stick with both of them for a while :D

Quick tip: IMO this is not great for any other season except Winter. If you want a fall/spring scent, just go for Terre d'Hermes or some of the Bvlgari. And I didn't feel all that great wearing this during the day, so you might leave this for when you go on a date or go out with friends (at night).

periquito89
periquito89

Intenso is one thousand miles a better oriental scent than this one, from the same house. The bottles are almost the same, so I´ll stick to the first one, which, in fact, I barely use. Something revolves "Forte" here and not in a balance way. Quite disturbes the senses. Some day I was wondering from where that stinky smell was coming from, to realize that was from where I put it on skin (a spray on one arm). Ok, it was a hot day :¬). There are worst of course, as almost always are.

To mariomario: I feel sorry for you man... ":¬D lol.
(p.s.: I have a bottle too, same blind buy)

dessso
dessso

Good quality perfume, I can detect honey, tobacco and amber, also a little bit of citruses. Very long lasting on me, sillage is also above average. I usually don't like tobacco fragrances, but this one is an exception, maybe because this is "white tobacco"? I have no idea what is the difference between normal tobacco and white tobacco but this one smells really nice and not abusive to my nose. I received some compliments too :) A very masculine and refined scent.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

I'm finding in a rather paradoxical way that the mere mention of YSL L'homme nuit as a reference point in any reviews is enough for me to click on. Thank you to all that offer this invaluable piece of info. Now I can just put any harbored plans to try Zegna Forte firmly to rest.

bossontherun
bossontherun

This is a sexiest beast among all men hands down! I was in love from the first sight on other guy though but now I got TWO for just me. Let's go kill some birdies!

egeliegeli

Selahattin Abi benim eski yorumu görmüş
HIA HIA HIA
bi türlü bitmedi parfüm gitti ya
100ml'i bayaa bereketli demek ki

Love this its got the lighter fizzy sherbet lemon sorbet in the top notes...which somehow keep coming back within the first hour or so on my skin.
Then the woodiness and tobacco in the base are just delightful and make for a real winner in my book.
I think this one could be a little much for some after a while...and not an everyday fragrance for me...but I still love it.
It's funny how fragrances can instantly remind you of people you haven't necessarily seen or thought about for a while. He wasn't the sort of guy you discussed male grooming with so I never asked but I often noticed he smelled good.
This is a little anomalous though because Forte came out in 2010 apparently and I've not seen my friend in at least 5 years...strange?
Maybe there's a very similar fragrance out there? Or I'm wrong?
I doubt that though ...I trust my sniffer.

dascagdas

thank Michael Kors for men :) i want to attract a girl so that should i buy this or intenso ?

dascagdas

forte or ıntenso which one ?

vickingdf
vickingdf

to me seems like other amber fragrances mixed with fressher notes, unfortunately migraine induncing to me.

antonpan
antonpan

Definitely this one smells like a tone down, soapy version of Diesel Fuel for Life.

Selahattin Abi'nin parfümü

fbiacchi
fbiacchi

Reminds me of DIESEL FUEL FOR LIFE.

Anyone agree?

alessio l
alessio l

It 's a smell of richness, elegant and sobry.

First impression from a dab sampling: Very strong opening, so many will say the longevity is poor, I'd guess. It starts off rich and natural-smelling (for a designer fragrance), a kind of daytime version of London for Men by Burberry (only Forte smells more natural to me). Within a couple hours you get to a mild woody base, which is a little sweet, a little spicy, etc. Thankfully, I don't detect a major iso e super presence here (if I did I wouldn't call it natural smelling), though I'm guessing there is some). For me, it is not a "must have," because I don't find anything special about it, though having it in a large rotation might be nice. I'll give it a full wearing one of these days and update this review.

UPDATE: A two spray to the chest wearing the other day was way too much, even though the weather was cool/cold. That wearing came across too "blob"-like to me, but that may be because I had been wearing vintage scents for a few days leading up to it, making this one seem somewhat "synthetic" or poorly composed by contrast.

Linden
Linden

Zegna Forte is an interesting woody oriental. It opens very much like Z Intenso with strong fresh ginger/citrus and deepens quickly. The honey, tobacco and lavender blend beautifully, developing a smoky sweetness that is wonderfully intoxicating. The transition form heart to warm woody base resembles Dior Addict(F)but lighter and still masculine. Different, well balanced and very smooth.

biovi
biovi

I love this one. Opening is strange but after 15 minutes you know it is strange because it has something of wild animal (the sexy one). And then charming spicy and herbal notes plus warm wood. It's really diffrent. If you do not want to smell like others pick that one. Fresh and elegant one, not for boys, but also not for man ofer 50.
Women likes it and you can see in their eyes they sense that wild animal in you.

Longevity: 10/10 especially compering with the powdery ones
Fragrance: 9/10 as I have to agree that it doesn't change much
Bottle: 10/10 glass undertoning from translucent white to dark black is the only similiar thing to La Nuit de L'homme

Heverton
Heverton

This one was a HUGE deception.

Best niche perfume, men (juried award) in the 22º Accademia del Profumo in Italy???

Best luxury fragrance for men in the 6º Canadian Fragrance Awards??!

What's wrong with those people?! I was expecting a mind blowing fragrance given all these prizes, but the fragrance does not innovate in any aspect! It is just a mediocre fragrance without soul. Even the comparisons with the masterpiece La Nuit de L'homme are wrong!

Zegna Forte starts out with a blast of citrus notes combined with a hint of ginger that disappears in a blink of eyes leaving the space to a lavender chord.
Nothing outstanding at all.

After about 10 minutes, with the appearance of Amber, the fragrance evolves to a semi-sweet aspect, but without forgetting the citrus notes, specially grapefruit, and so it goes on until the end. Totally boring and mediocre.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this catastrophic fragrance. It will not be hard, since it can't be easily found.

leecher88
leecher88

ok guys i go to the shop and sprayed it on my hand and after only two seconds i fell in love, it was amazing i said to myself i love it andnot like other perfumes the perfume didnt change his scent it stays like in the first seconds !!!!!

What kind of perfume it is ? it is a elegant dark one !
well dressed with blazers and for evenings, clubs bars, impressing a woman this is the right kind of stuff

very similar fragrances: YSL l`homme la nuit, Givenchy Play Intense

Season : winter(all day) and summer (night preferred)
Longevity : 8-10 hours !
Points : 10

I love it !!

vertigo
vertigo

FORTE is not a forceful one...

I didn't look at the notes, and expected a dark, heavy composition. But the scent isn't powerful at all.

I'd rather say it's a suave, well-behaved, intellectual & modern fragrance, similar in mood to Zen for men.

The spices and citruses are easily detectable in the top notes. Typical.
Then comes the heart + base, and I have to admit, it's quite charming ... Delicately honeyed lavender on a light woody base, soft, smooth, instantly putting a smile on my face.

I'd say Forte is suitable for day wear in colder season, for both offcial and everyday use.

The fragrane reminds me of DKNY Men 2009. They don't have common notes, I just get the same impression of a good paper book / library / second-hand bookshop :)
I like it!
Zegna makes really good modern affable fragrances :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ermenegildo Zegna Zegna Forte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ermenegildo Zegna Zegna Forte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zegna Forte by Ermenegildo Zegna. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zegna Forte by Ermenegildo Zegna represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.