Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

tropical
coconut
ozonic
Born in Paradise Escada for women Videos
Born in Paradise Escada for women Pictures Born in Paradise Escada for women Pictures

Born in Paradise the captivating new 22nd limited edition fragrance from Escada.

"Creating feelings of delight, warmth and frivolity – Born in Paradise transports you to the tropical haven of French Polynesia, evoking visions of bright and beautiful flowers, glistening beaches, clear turquoise waters and delectably delicious tropical fruits. Inspired by the famous Pina Colada cocktail, the ESCADA Born in Paradise perfume delivers an enchanting blend of pineapple and coconut milk, shaken with the aqueous and acidulous notes of watermelon, green apple and guava and enhanced with woody, musky and creamlike undertones. Exuberant in character, the fragrance instantly releases tantalisingly mouth-watering fruity scents and an infectious carefree feeling often inspired by tropical escapes – making it the prefect summer fragrance to transport you to paradise." (Press release). Born in Paradise was launched in 2014.

Green Apple Watermelon Guava

Coconut Milk Pineapple

Sandalwood Cedar Musk

Pacific Paradise

Born in Paradise Fragrance Reviews

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

Out of the 3 Escada fragrances I own, this one is probably my favourite. It's very tropical, without being too sweet. It's like most Escada scents, which are bright, fruity, in your face and playful. This one is nice for summer during the day or at night, I find it has a nice dry down that isn't too daytime. I can really smell the coconut and fresh juicy tropical fruits. It's been a good scent on me, I just wish this one lasted longer like my other ones.

CPelly82
CPelly82

All I can say is " wow "!! I got a chance to sample this and I fell in love. On the first spray you get coconut, pineapple and watermelon that makes your mouth water. Very tropical and not sickly sweet. Great summer scent but to be honest I would wear it all the time.

Hafida
Hafida

Such a greatness! This is my first Escada parfume.I felt very happy when I smelled it :). It's full of joy! I'm thankfull for having this masterpiece. I feel fantastic wearing it.

r4elle
r4elle

A Piña Colada!!! Exactly for summery, warm days when you want to appear on a tropical island. I was able to distinguish the coconut smell among all the other fruits at the first sniff. This perfume has some kind of creamy accent which I am not a huge fan of, however it is not too strong and it is probably the coconut that soothes this for me. Also because of watermelon and pineapple I think I also get that dusty airy feeling, and still it is in no way overwhelming, so I totally enjoy the whole experience. I got quite a lot of compliments on this.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

For me, this opens with the slightly nauseating smell of jolly ranchers bathed in chemicals, which then gives way to the overbearing odor of air freshener. This definitely doesn't invoke visions of a tropical Eden, let alone anything else that occurs in nature.

lunabombshell
lunabombshell

This perfume is Paradise in a bottle. The base is extremely creamy after the initial burst of coco milk, fruity tropical fruits, mixed berries and vanilla.

This smells tropical, aquatic and fresh to me. It absolutely reminds me of Bath and Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla but this is much creamier, much more tropical smelling, less berries and has that expensive feel into it.

I can also see the resemblance of this one in Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy but this one is better for me as it's creamier and luscious while BS Midnight Fantasy is more powerful, intense, attention grabbing and more on the berries side. This is just-right sweet, soft and much lighter.

THIS SMELLS LIKE: BBW Black Raspberry Vanilla (creamier version), Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (softer version), Escada Pacific Paradise (due to the touch of sugary banana) and Escada Island Kiss (a little hint of sweet tropical mango-ish feel). - BELIEVE ME, I HAVE ALL OF THEM. THEY'RE IN THE SAME FAMILY. GO FIGURE! *winks

I'm not sure why but I can also smell creamy banana but not the typical banana bomb on your face. Coco is not that much in here. More of a milky milky creamy coco. Very tropical and sugary yet stays light, soft and smells quite expensive! Overall, I love it and will definitely buy more as it lasts forever! For me, this is Fruity-Fresh Gourmand. Haha. Whatever. It's so delightful!

- Luna

primarycook
primarycook

Very fruity, summery and tropical. I wore this today and caught a whiff of it while in the produce section of the grocery store, and it took me a second to realize it was me and not the fruit salad. This is fun for summer and has a lightly creamy base. It's not my typical scent, and skews young and teenager-y to me, but I won't mind using up my sample.

summer05
summer05

I had to try this perfume on and I was so disappointed:(. I do agree with the comment below, this perfume reminded me of midnight fantasy, although it is quite a bit more settle and not fruity straight away in an annoying way, still it is similar to midnight fantasy -witch I wish I can get red of it_. It is weird that Escada came up with such a scent, maybe I expected something more like into the blue, and signature. I wanted to try it so bad so that I can buy it and add a gorgeous bottle of perfume to my collection, but now I will not!!!...It is sad:(

odisse
odisse

So I had to have this one and ordered a full sized bottle... Only thing is, when I tried it at home I came to think of Fantasy, and BonBon..... which I can't stand :( but I do still like this one! Maybe it's a lot more like Midnight Fantasy, which is perfectly ok...

What I wanted to say was, this fragrance smells delicious but sadly reminds me too much of Fantasy :

dsty
dsty

A nice, fruity summer smell. A fruit cocktail with a bit of cream, very well mixed: the coconut isn't too dominant, and it's sweet but not too much so. I don't think it smells especially cheap; it doesn't have that synthetic vibe. It is simple and straightforward, however - not at all complicated or mysterious or sophisticated or even serious. That's not a bad thing; at the right time it can be just what the doctor ordered, it's just so happy and carefree! In that sense it's probably more fitting for young people (if they're lucky enough to be carefree, of course), but in my opinion it's great for the lighter moments at any age. Very suitable for holidays in the sun, for instance, but obviously not as suitable for Business Women who dress to impress (unless maybe lightly sprayed on the wrist, to use as a pick-me-up when no one is looking, I can easily imagine that!)

I have a big sample of this that'll last me for some time, but I'll keep my eyes open for a promotion on a bottle of this. Longevity is quite good for a summer fruit perfume as well!

Yosa
Yosa

Escada used to be my favorite fragrance brand when I was in my late teens and early 20s. Haven't used them in almost 10 years now. I have fond memories of Escada, but something in me has labeled it as a 'teen' perfume.

To my excitement I received a tester of Born in Paradise last week - felt truly exciting to test Escada again after so many years!

I can honestly say I was wrong about the 'teen perfume' - it's not a teen scent, even though very young and suitable for young people. It's just that sometimes when you use something during a certain period of time, you associate it to that phase of life - perfumes are a great example of that.

I remember now why I loved Escada perfumes so much, and regret having such a long break from them!

Born in Paradise is fun, young and tropical. Very summery. It smells like coconut and pineapple, with other exotic fruits in it.

It's a light perfume, but in its lightness there's also something heavy/rich about it - if you think about how coconut smells like, it's not a light scent. So in that sense Born in Paradise is not a refreshingly light perfume, if that's what you're looking for.

I live in a hot climate, and regardless of sweating in the sun the fragrance has good lasting power! I detect it for hours after spraying, regardless of the sweating.

I will definitely buy a bottle of this, and can recommend anyone who likes tropical scents to at least test it!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

The name should rather be 'Locked up in Coconut Hell'... Ok, not necessarily 'hell' but at least 'shell'. If you like to smell like coconut instead of consuming one, you should give it a try. Besides that overwhelming note, it's quite nice and could be fun if layered with something juicier/fruitier/fresher.

Arinetrix
Arinetrix

I have this fragrance now and I really like it. It is not the best one I had, but made for summer. It lasts approx 3-4 hours on me and I can still smell it during this time. It´s fresh, watery, I smell more pineaple and musk then cocount. I would recommend it. I think you cannot do anything wrong with this fragrance also as a gift :)

Sannee77
Sannee77

Escada Born in Paradise was an impulse buy on a grey day when I was tired and bored and desperately longed for warmer weather and a vacation from work. The tropical notes, the turquoise bottle, an the NAME! I just had to have it.

It is a nice fragrance indeed, warm, happy and fun, excellent for a beach vacation I would assume. However in my everyday life in the cold Nordic climate, with kids and work and duties, it just doesn't blend in. It makes me feel awkward, like I'm carrying a green parrot on my shoulder or something. Not really my style.

I get a very dominant guava note, sweet and ripe, which stays throughout the top, mid and base. I also get a lot of watermelon, which I usually find too "watery", but in Born in Paradise the watermelon is quite well balanced. The coconut however is not as pronounced as I would have liked it to be. And except for a clearly detectable musk the basenotes are merely symbolic, very difficult to sniff out any woodsy notes.

Excellent longevity!

scav
scav

Just got the sample from the mailbox and tested it on my way to the office. It is warm and melony and juicy, but on the gentle side, very pleasant and not at least overpowering. After it is settled down feels somehow powdery, nice mix of cedar and sandalwood. Good reaction with skin chemistry, so well done and balanced. It lasted on my skin for about 8 hrs, moderate silage.
This fragrance will provide you daily dose of optimism!
I can imagine wearing this fragrance all summer.

bridgette
bridgette

It's my favorite Escada scent out of 3 I've smelled. Very tropical. Not light or heavy. Medium longevity. But Escada perfume irritates my lungs for some reason so can't wear it.

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Oh escada is on of my favorite perfume houses out there right now. They sure know how to capture the essence of summer in a bottle time after time! This one is no different and this is limited edition so I suggest if you like summary beachy fragrances then you better pick this up before they discontinue it! :( that's the only sad part about escada is they make a New Fragrance every year but it is limited edition so they are only out for about a year, but anyway onto the juice. On first spray I detect lots of coconut which I am obsessed with might I add but it mixed with the watermelon and pineapple it amazing it's one of my top 5 scents this year!!! I love it . But that's kinds all I detect is very fruity and milky scent perfect for summer. And the bottle am I the only person who loves the escada bottles they are everything! 11/10

chuetta
chuetta

You know the shampoo herbal essences hello hydration? that's what this smells like. Perfect for summer, fresh and yummy!

fruitypanda
fruitypanda

This scent reminds me a lot of Bath and Bodyworks' Rio Rumberry. The main note is the coconut but the watermelon and pineapple mix with it to give a fruity splash. The sandalwood sets a beachy vibe for the overall fragrance, and it reminds me of sun screen, but in a good way. Makes me feel like I'm at Ala Moana beach.

arenee92
arenee92

Fruity and fun. A great summer scent. I smell a ton of the fruit, and not a lot of much else. Kind of like you poured a yummy summer drink on your skin. :)

Schurrles
Schurrles

Finally got a free sample in the mail, and was so eager to open. Upon opening, the first scent that hit my nose just reminded me of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy except this is a more subtle version.

That one packs a mean punch and doesn't change till I wash it off. I mean BS/MF has no dry down whatsoever, but Escada's born in paradise does.

Longevity? I can't really tell cos I got the paper sample not a spray-ish.

Will hopefully get a full bottle when the price goes down cos it's ridiculously on the high price now.

Added to my I-Want-List.

mjd83
mjd83

I received my free sample in the mail today. I've been walking around sniffing my wrist. It is a pleasant scent. I am picking up on the coconut and other sweet notes but I am also picking up the cedar. I am not a big fan of the cedar note. Other than that it is a nice scent. Its just not for me though.

apricot.porridge
apricot.porridge

Yes please. Pineapple, coconut, guava and watermelon are all noticeable yet very well balance - none of them overpowering the other, and grounded by delicious cedar and sandalwood. Like most Escada fragrances, the head notes are central, and all of the others play together around them to bring them out and give them that nice grown up feel that makes for a fruity fragrance that doesn't smell like a children's perfume.
This fragrance has average staying power on me, about 4 hours tops.
My favorite Escada perfume at the moment, hands down.

madellaa
madellaa

My latest discovery made by accident, absolutely delicious fruity and milky coconut notes, delicate musk and sandalwood in the background...nothing too overwhelming, nothing too heavy, this fragrance takes you to the tropical beach, just perfect holiday perfume, gonna wear it everyday this summer:)

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

This is a beautiful Escada scent,in this fragrance the coconut stay fresh,and doesnt overpowering!
At first it was fruity with the coconut in the background,but then a few minutes later the coconut realy stands out but with fruits and do a perfect scent for summer,ready for holiday,sun,beach!
I love love love this fragrance its just my ultimate ticket to paradise what I going to use this summer!
Love iiit,love love love

Natalieanne
Natalieanne

It smells like a summer tropical fruit drink on a very hot beach with bright blue sea and pale sand... It's gorgeous!

Sanza
Sanza

I tried it today ´cause your descriptions made me curious. First of all: I like it. It is as sweet as most Escada fragrances I know are and I think fans will love it. First it smelled like coconut in a whole lot of juice. After a few minutes the coconut faded and it smelled like a soap with juice. Really nice, but unfortunately not what I was looking for. In my opinion this pina colada should be a little more creamy or even milky. If it was that way, it would be perfect. Well-made design.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

This fragrance deserves a big »OH MY GOODNESS«« :O
If you want a summer coconut fragrance, this is it! Exotic and fresh! I smell the coconut, the pineapple, the watermelon and the guava gives it the sweet. Yes, there is no vanilla, no sugar but it still smell sweet! :D With Cherry in the air, my favorites!!!

jenvi
jenvi

This is just absolutely perfect for summer. I can definitely smell the coconut in this one and I LOVE IT! It's not sickeningly sweet as I have known the escada summer fragrances to be because the musk and cream tones it down a bit and blends in perfectly. I am very impressed with this fragrance and sad that i only bought the 30ml because I know this will be a summer favorite.
Longevity is moderate but sillage is great.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

what a perfect summer/vacation scent! dancing on the beach at night and refreshing yourself on a hot day by spraying this delicious tropical scent on your body:)

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

I bought this because of the packaging. I LOVE birds, plus Kohl's had it and accepts Kohl's cash and coupons on perfume. I have a bbw scent, malibu heat that smells very similar to this just a little more vanilla and lasts longer.

On a side note if anyone buys the large bottle from Macy's and get's the free tote and they don't want it I'll buy it off you! Love the pattern but just couldn't spend $75 on this fragrance.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

This is a tropical romance fragrance! I adore it. I don't have it (yet) but one of my best friens likes to wear it on sunny days. Very exotic, warm and sweet! I wish I could enjoy wearing it on a tropical island...

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

This perfume is BEAUTIFUL!!! Summer paradise in a bottle!

Sweet, milky coconut with juicy pineapple, guava and a little bit of musk. Mmmmmm, so delicious. Lasted about 5 hours on my skin and had great sillage. I am very impressed with Escada fragrances; they capture youth, fun and happy times in a bottle.

Overall, an amazing perfume that puts me in a happy, sunny mood. Yes this isn't a serious fragrance but sometimes you want to smell fun and carefree! Highly recommended!

Aimee1209
Aimee1209

This perfume is heaven! I just ordered a sample and I fell in love! This perfume is very sweet and summery! It smells like babyliss tropical dry shampoo, it's very young,free spirited and feminine. The bottle is gorgeous and so is the sent. I can't stop smelling it! The only thing I would say is it's only eau de toilette and doesn't have great lasting power. Still would buy it though it's fabulous!

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I really like this one actually! Like a Piña Colada in a bottle! The only thing I don't really like about it is the poor lasting power.

The scent is sooo summery. I'm gonna purchase this baby and wear the hell out of it this summer!

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

Close your eyes and you'll feel like you're on an exotic island. I pick up coconut with a variety of other tropical fruits. Does not last as long as an EDP but I find it lasts as long as any of my other EDTs. If you like JLO Miami Glow you will no doubt enjoy this summer fragrance.

Warleyflower
Warleyflower

Sprayed some on my wrist in Boots and I fell in love! However ater 30 minutes it had vanished :(!!
Escada, why can't you make your amazing fragrances longer lasting!?!

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Wow. I love this so much. Makes me feel happy and already on holiday when I'm wearing it. It is a lot more subtle in the fruity stakes than the usual Escada perfumes and the coconut is not overpowering like some coconut scents. I've been on fragrance direct today and purchased the 100ml and the 150ml body lotion. Beautiful summer scent. Well done Escada and I hope that they do not discontinue this as I will be purchasing more.

Veevi
Veevi

It's a pina colada in a bottle

prigipessa
prigipessa

Delicious yummy sweet perfume. It excites senses. So summery, I fell in love with the first smell. Next day went back to the perfume store to buy it. Only 28 Euros the 30ml bottle, great buy I will enjoy it this spring-summer!

milkyway
milkyway

I would really warn anyone against blind-buying it. Regardless the raving reviews this stuff really works differently on everyone. To me it smells pretty rancid and more like those cheap car air fresheners cab drivers on their review mirrors..

shopgirl
shopgirl

Smells like an fruit ice lolly. Simple, sweet, linear in smell - doesn't develop just slowly fades away. Unsophisticated and unremarkable, yet still pleasant and easily wearable on a hot day.

SBunny
SBunny

This opens fruity, sweet, gummy and yummy with a delicious candy blend of the watermelon, guava and pineapple. It really smells just like tropical skittles. The sweetness subsides a little and it becomes fresher with the added coconut but still just as delicious.

I love this. It smells just as fun as summer should be. I feel, however, it dries too quickly. Whilst I can still smell it up to four hours it becomes close to the skin too soon.

None the less, I'll def be getting this for summer.

AshesofGlitter
AshesofGlitter

I get a sweet, fruity, coconuty smell from it. I into gourmands and this smells like skittles or starburst. Defintely a warm weather fragrance, not so much for cooler weather. It's refreshing and sweet like a beach vacation where you're relaxing on the beach while having a little umbrella drink.

dness92
dness92

Very pina colada, has a somewhat 'thick' quality to it and is very creamy. Personally it appears to be way too sweet to be worn in the summer. It will definitely not cool you down and I feel like the sweetness is to the extent that you could attract various annoying insects.

Love the packaging but the scent is not suitable for a hot summer for me.
However, it would be nice as a 'reminder' of a hot summer. Maybe on an autumn day when you're day dreaming about those warm, sun kissed days by the pool :)

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

My first thought was this was just another sunscreen scented perfume, but I asked for a sample at sephora in spite of it. And then I found myself wearing the sample every day until it was gone. When you wear it, the brashness dissipates and you get this mild coconut water pineappley warm scent that doesnt overpower you. It doesnt last long, but then you catch hints of it here and there later in the day. Actually, I decided after a week of trying it that i loved it, and better just go back and get the big bottle before it's discontinued.

pinkgnome
pinkgnome

I like this a lot but if I compare with Taj Sunset, I like Taj Sunset better as it has more characters. In my opinion Born in Paradise has quite straight- forward scents, there is common tropical/fruitiness with other brand's fragrances i.e. Britney Spears'.

This is more powdery than Taj.
Lasts quite long on me without being heavy (I don't like anything with heavy base notes)

Just coming back from sun holidays this reminds me of the heat in the tropical air of my holidays.

Should I buy or not, that's the question !

chimidoro
chimidoro

TIGI Rockaholic "Livin' the Dream" shampoo, is that you?!
(Reminds me a little of the The Body Shop's old pomegranate body butter too!!)

On me this is all about the pineapple and coconut.
Heaps of pineapple and coconut with an exceedingly hefty helping dose of sugar.

I don't think that it smells like pina colada, but it does put me in mind of an alcohol free version of pina colada.

I don't smell any watermelon here, but I do get a hint of the apple trying to come through.
I believe that the sugary sweet note is probably the guava, which adds extra tastiness to the scent.

Slightly sour and nutty.
A young, vibrant, fresh, light and inoffensive, sugary summery scent. Definitely appears to be intended for holiday/beach wear.
Admittedly overpriced. So, if you like it, wait for a sale and then be the only one wearing it some other summer.

Red Rose
Red Rose

Tested this a few days ago & let me tell you it has nothing to do with their previous edition pacific paradise. This smells exactly like pina colada, a strong mix of pieapple & coconut with a heavy base of vanilla, making the mix creamy like a thick layer of tropical scented cream. I'll not add this fragrance to my collection it's not my style, I prefer sexy gravity & I have it in my collection if you want to know what my taste in fragrances looks like.

l3arl3ie
l3arl3ie

To me, this smells EXACTLY like Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration shampoo & conditioner.. And I love it!! But, after a while it starts to smell like black liquorice, and now I can't find it on my skin at all.. Hmmm.

wunderland
wunderland

i was surprised that papaya and banana weren't on the list of notes, because that's what i smell ... and maybe a teensy bit of coconut. fun and beachy, but as with every other Escada fragrance i've encountered, the sillage is embarrassingly bad

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

I'm a long time devotee of Avon's Tahitian Holiday and this is very similar - great for the Summer but the typical Escada problem of not very long lasting.

Lollyeyecandy
Lollyeyecandy

I don't know why this has had as many bad reviews as it has. I am a long time Escada colletor so couldn't wait to get my hands on this. I was slightly hesistant after reading all of the reviews on this page though...
Anyway, it is already in my top 3 Escada fragrances. It is different from the rest of their perfumes. It has awesome lasting power and lingers in any room I have been in (not sprayed it in) and I have had several complements from strangers in passing saying they loved my scent and asked what it was.
I ordered the 100ml bottle from an awesome site which came with a free gift - a cocktail kit - which is super cute. This is definately a summer fragrance and for me coconut is the most prominant note.

bambinoo
bambinoo

I;ve never thought that I would buy full bottle of Escada. I always found all great smelling, but never really wanted to spend money on them. But GOD this one was love at first sniff and I needed to have it. As I tested it with my bro, we laughed because it reminds us on Hubba Bubba bubble gums we loved as kids. It;s so "free" and yummy. It evokes some childhood memories and somehow the feeling of freedom. It;s sweet, juicy and milky - the coconut and little "airy" or better said aquatic - probably the watermelon. Damn it;s just limited. It;s addictive and will be good for all occasions. Longevity and sillage are imo great. You scored ESCADA!! :-D

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This smells similar too "Midnight Fantasy" by Britney Spears.
Like a bag of Skittles!
Fruity, with a touch of warm vanilla.
I can smell pipe tobacco too, very weird.

leighhannah
leighhannah

Fades quickly and doesn't make much of a statement while it's there. Sadly, I won't be buying this. I was looking forward to it too.

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

PINA COLADA!!!

is what this smells like, exclamation marks included. I'm personally not a fan, but if sweet tropical is your jam, you need to give it a shot!

joan100
joan100

This has finally hit my shores! I ran to try it out and its not that bad except that it smells quite similar to Taj Sunset with the coconut milky-ness even though it is not as strong so I think I actually prefer this to Taj Sunset. It is on par with Cherry in the Air which smelt quite good. It seems as if Escada is redeeming itself again after some recent and rather disasterous synthetic candy fruity releases. Even so I vastly prefer and miss the old Escada Scents from the 90s and early 00s.

dame piglet
dame piglet

I looked forward to testing this, but I was disappointed.
It was 60% watermelon, 20% apple and the remainder was just miscellaneous "meh."
No silliage to speak of and not much lasting power (which I was fine with).

Is it horrible? No. It's fruity. It's just not for me.

ETA: if I wanted to spend this much on a tropical fragrance that doesn't last, I'd choose Taj Sunset. This is no Taj Sunset. :(

Patricia888
Patricia888

I have noticed an interesting coincidence with Escada perfumes - they smell terrific in the bottle but ess so on the skin. When I sniffed it in the bottle I sure felt crazy about it but when I blew it on my wrist the scent turned out to be pretty generic and gone in no time.

yogabear
yogabear

Born in Paradise is an island scent. It's mostly a watery, musky coconut with a fruit salad mélange in the background. I smell crisp apple, light candy watermelon and pineapple. I think it will perform better in the summer than it does right now. It's a light fragrance.

Another one from Escada's bright summer perfumes. It's no surprise that it smells sweet, tropical and fruity. Pineapple is very outstanding in perfume. It reminds of childhood for some reason. It's strange, because I am not from a warm country where pineapples and watermelons can grow. I think this smells like candies and innocence. When I smell it, I think of running at the seaside, picking flowers and eating candies.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

This frag probably smells nice----if I didn't have to press my nose to my skin to smell it, this has absolutely no silage whatsoever and the scent is disappearing as I write this review and I only spayed it half hour ago. The scent itself on initial blast smells like a cheaply made febreze air freshener, not bad, but not 80$ bottle good. The dry down is much better, it smells like Pina Colada rich coconut and fresh pineapple, very vacation and islandy. However be prepared to play where's waldo on your skin with this scent, because even body sprays have better longevity.

Jillita
Jillita

Pineapple punch that lasted fifteen seconds. Linear, anemic, and girly. So sweet I expected a sticky sheen where I'd applied it. Born in Paradise is such a wonderfully evocative name for a fragrance, accompanied by a beautiful bottle and juice presentation, but the scent just misses the mark (at least on me). As there are seemingly as many fragrances out there to try in the world as there are stars in the sky, I believe after sampling and being now disappointed by several Escada Limited Editions that it's high time to find a new beach. Next stop is L de Lolita Lempicka Coral Flower...

Ghosty
Ghosty

Smells cheap, poor lasting power and weak sillage. Waste of time and money.

KaseyC
KaseyC

Finally it is available in my city! The minty color of the bottle is so summery. The sour opening scent has an appetizing effect. The following coconut scent is unlike the sweet creamy coconut note in other frags. Rather, it is sugary sweet, maybe too sweet. Kind of linear to me. The contrast of the sour opening and the super sweet drydown is somewhat awkward to my nose. I used to love the drydown of Escada's summer fragrances. However, it is not the case for this one. I actually prefer the opening. I am disappointed. Escada's last year summer fragrance, Cherry in the Air, is too syrupy sweet on my skin and this year Born in Paradise has a dull 'ugly' drydown. I am lucky to be able to hold my favorite Hippie Ibiza and Taj Sunset close to me. I keep hoping for a good one next year.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Very sour and fruity, I was so eager and even squeled when saw a tester in store. But...

I'm into fruity scents right now and by notes this had to be perfect.

It starts really sour-sweet and powerful, like a super concentrated juice with an overdose of lemon acid. My first thought was - oh! That smells pretty cheap!
I've smelled cheap fruity fragrances that smell so similar. My boyfriend liked it, but what does he know about a good scent xD

The question here is - where is the guava? I don't smell it here. [I actually can detect it now lurking somewhere when I actually wear the scent] Too bad, but overall this scent is wearable and pleasant. I quite like it and think of purchasing this perfume. It reminds me of pink Oriflame's Aloha, that's why I want it. It's like a lush version of Aloha.

Pleasant fruity scent
Longlasting
Has powerful sillage
Likeable to other people
Similar to previous LE (based on what others say)
There are alternatives
And a con for me personally - costs 74 eur in Europe?? It goes for 70 bucks in the US :(

UPD. Initially it can disappoint, but... I actually shelled 70 euro for a big bottle of this (always wanted one of Escada's LE, but all were not too tempting to me for years and I wanted something a la Pacific Paradise etc.) and when you wear it it's just so yummy, so much better than when I first tested it. Sour apple and pineapple so crispy and cheerful, and the coconut is really mellow and captivating. I can't get enough. The lasting power is good on me. When it gets to the base it is somewhat multivitamin juice like, but still very exotic and lush. If you like sweet perfumes you'll love this as well. It tickles my nose and makes me more hungry than I am.
P.S. Is not similar to Tahitian Holiday, I've had two bottles of that, not at all.

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

I find Born in Paradise to be sweet and soft, and I get a lot of watermelon over anything else. I can see myself wearing this for the upcoming summer, but I'm a little hesitant because I can get sick of coconut very, very easily, and there is definitely a piña colada flavour that stays throughout the entire wear. So as much as I find myself loving it, I'm going to have to be careful if I do decide to purchase one.

ninius
ninius

Disgusting, so sweet I can't take it, makes me feel physically ill.

Annah7
Annah7

It is a pleasant fragrance reminding me of holidays in tropics, however it is a little bit synthetic smelling. I am not going to buy it, but will use it whenever I see it in the store.

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

Reminds me of Hawaii <3

Edit: Now it smells like expired pineapple cocktail...

velveteenbloom
velveteenbloom

Smells like a paradise of sipping pina coladas! :> Not my kind of thing, but for those who like the Hawaiian glam frutti-tutti of beaches and sunny seas, it's perfect.

P.S. I only just read the official description of the perfume while on my way to write this review - so I know I seem to have repeated a lot of what they already said, but these were my first thoughts (uncannily, now that I think about it!)

CHOYÈTTI

I fell in love at first and used this for a month or so... Now I still kind of like it even though the coconut makes me wanna throw up.

Not the best fragrance in the world but if you want something nice-ish for the summer season, this is one to try.

jenny.victoria.5
jenny.victoria.5

I loved it, it reminds me of the hotel in Disney world, Polynesian.

Mama-lola
Mama-lola

very nice and cheap shower gel :)

sisanirg
sisanirg

I thought this fragrance would be worse. Smells just like virgin Piña Colada but without that creamy-milky sensation. In the store the shop assistant told me it reminded her of chewing-gum.
I m not sure I'd wear this but maybe i will give it a try in summer again. I've ordered a free sample from Escada's website two weeks ago but I m still waiting for it.

iLoVeTHe80s87
iLoVeTHe80s87

Wow I really love this fragrance. My all time favorite Escada fragrance is Pacific Paradise or whatever it was called. But this is so similar (to me at least) that I looove it! I want it! I loooove coconut! I'd love to smell like coconut all day. It would remind me of being on a tropical beach and make me so content. I like the cool watermelon scent of this. and the delicious green apple. and the delectable (delectable?) coconut with sensual sandalwood. I will definitely be making this part of my collection this summer.

amanda
amanda

I wonder why Escada does not bring back that passion they had in the biggest favourites like rockin rio or pacific paradise. the past few years I was looking forward to test their new summer scents and they were all disappointing:(

Huge disappointment, cause I usually like summery Escada editions.
To my nose, it smells just like fruit salad. And after couple of minutes, it smells like coconut milk. Can't smell anything more, to be honest.
Born in paradise or bathed in coconut milk? That is the question.

Well more of the same, different bottle. Same fruit cocktail scent. Tropical summery, uninteresting to my nose.. I can't say it doesn't smell nice, neither is it any different from lots of others Escada ..Cherry in the Air was more interesting IMO!!

Jcnna
Jcnna

Wow, this is already in Finland! :) I ordered this one at web store. It came yesterday (?). I'm in LOVE! The bottle is so beautiful, I like the color and flower ring. The smell is so delicious!

Gegauff
Gegauff

When I saw this in the store I was super excited as it had pineapple and coconut in it, and I've been looking for a coconut fragrance for ever! However, after getting a sample and wearing it for a few days I've come to the conclusion that it smells like a cheap shampoo and the ONLY note I can't seem to find in it is coconut...very disappointed.

smellME
smellME

Ok, here we go...
Got this sample today a rainy, grey day.
I was at a departement store lurking around the perfume counters,
teasing myself- cause I am really trying to stay a no- buyer for
quite some time ahead now..
When purchasing something else the salesperson snagged this into my plastic bag and said...wanna dream about summer a day like this ?
I wonder if it said perfumeomaniac on my forhead or she had read my thoughts ;-)

First dab, first smell - fresh , VERY sweet as almost always with these flankers.
But....whats that vibe ???
Its..........La vie en belle, or Si Armani but fruitier ?
This doesn't meen to be a bad remark, they are both lovely it's just what my nose picked up.
Well , this fresh sweet strong punch ,punches you in the face but tones down and becomes more girl cologne candy sweet.
I was struggling to find coconut and the pineapple, but effortless.
Sadly this is quite linear. Its sweet , tangy juices and pinapple syrup sweet
but I don't find the roundness or freshnes for a coconut punch type of scent.
I like sweet scents yes - but this lacks some ingridients needed to get me to wanna buy this. I will try the sample some more , but will let go of the dream- the dream of ever falling for the escada summer flanker. No , this doesn't win my heart either and that actually dissapoints me, cause it started of good !
It is cute as said - sweet and will win a lot of of other hearts but
This is something , I'd rather drink actually...
If you love the type of scents I ' ve mentioned it is certainly for you to build yourself your own idea of 'born in paradise'

ashandasphodel
ashandasphodel

A fun spritz for summertime, something I'd wear for an afternoon of shopping or a trip to the beach but that's pretty much it. I think any more than that and it'd get on my nerves. It reminds me of the mid-90's Victoria's Secret Exotic Bouquet. I have a feeling that if it were a beverage, it'd be delicious.

charlottesmom

I love summer, I love the scents of coconut and fruits, this is THE perfect summer scent, will be buying a bottle in April. YUM!! I second every word of chrissyc's review. :o)

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

One word.... "SUMMER" ... if you could bottle summer and put it in a bottle it would be this fragrance. I spritzed myself with this at my local Sephora and smelled it all day long while I was shopping. It is a GEM! I will definitely be buying this and wearing it for the summer time.

The pineapple and coconut remind me of laying out on the beach. There is a slight hint of musk and cedar that are extremely far in the back .

"Laying out on the beach in a wooden chair just soaking up the beautiful sunlight!"

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

This stuff is no where near as good as other more recent fruity Escada scents. This is a very young teen smell that doesn't even last that long...

Bluehonda
Bluehonda

Smells like an umbrella drink. Pleasant and summery, but more like shampoo than perfume. Or maybe suntan lotion. I get coconut, pineapple, and sweet. Not for me but you might like it.

ellapage
ellapage

I was blown away today when I already saw this in two different department stores here in Finland! New perfumes almost never get here this quickly so I was pleasently surprised. Naturally I almost ran to smell the tester when I saw Born in Paradise bottles at the perfume counter.

I feel like I need to test this some more to give a more in-depth review, but what I can tell from testing Born in Paradise once, is that it is indeed tropical and very delicious! Coconut is quite strong in this one, which is great for me since coconut is right up my alley! I like the blend of sandalwood, coconut and pineapple in the dry down. I was almost certain I could smell mango, and I was pretty surprised to see that there's none of that in this perfume. The lasting power isn't the best, but I only sprayed this on my wrist once and it lasted a decent amount of time.

Summary: If you've loved Escadas previous tropical/fruity/sweet summer scents, you'll propably love Born in Paradise as well.

CHOYÈTTI

I thought I would love this at first but now that I've used it for a couple of days my opinion has changed.

Firs of all: it doesn't last long at all! In less than 2 hours it's totally gone.

The fruity notes disappear 99% once the fragrance dries on your skin.
The coconut is too prominent and "powdery".
It reminds me of cheap cosmetics.

A disappointment, on top of it all I bought the largest, 100ml bottle

almarie

Very pretty scent! However, it's very similar to Escada's other limited edition scents.

charlottesmom

I have to admit I have never smelled an Escada scent and I've only smelled this on a strip but jeeze does it smell good! I will hunt this down and skin test it, I hope it smells just as good on skin as it does on paper (some do some don't). This would be an excellent summer scent, I love coconut and that is the main note I smell. Going to Ulta asap to give this a spritz.

Edited to add: duh, I have tried Escada scents before I liked Magnetism, though that one did smell better on the paper strip.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Got a much awaited chance to sample this today! Very coconutty, too much for my tastes as I get headaches from notes that are too pungent. In an hour it lessens though, and I believe the watermelon notes begin to appear, which is nice, but then it just becomes a nice scent that lacks the "oomph" that I try to look for in my fragrances. Unfortunately the lack of speciality and the initial hour of strong coconut is too much for me so I will pass :(

almarie

Just beautiful- No other words to describe it!

Lola-sweet
Lola-sweet

its nice but smells cheadp i dont know why!

naomigirl11
naomigirl11

I tried this in sephora today and I like it. I sprayed twice on my wrist and I could smell the coconut and watermelon as I was shopping. On first spray, I could smell the watermelon and the coconut but the coconut was a bit more prominent and stayed for about 2 hours and after that, I could smell the sweet watermelony plum scent come out. It lasted for quite a long time; I could still smell it on my wrist 3 hours later. The dry down reminds me of Britney spears's midnight fantasy but not as intense.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

i'm sure that this will be perfect for me because all the fruits inside are my favourites!!!definately A MUST HAVE...i hope that BORN IN PARADISE will become my signature for summer 2014..ohhh i can't wait!!!

passionata20
passionata20

08. December 2013

Already available in tax free shops, so as a person who is collecting all Escada summer editions i had to have it naturally.

The very first spray is very yummy, blast of exotic fruits with a most promnent note of pineapple and guava, but within several minutes it transforms into a fresh coconut and watermelon mix. I don't smell much of the pineapple after 15minutes. Smell mostly strong coconut base.

Not much going on in here actually, the sillage is actuall quite soft and lasting power is quite good, almost 7hrs already ( but i have sprayed more than 5 times on my wrists). Slightly dissaponted at the moment, but since it is not the most propriate time of the year to wear this scent ( we have snow where live at this moment) i say i'm not giving it a fair review.

Guava, watermelon, coconut- if you like them, go for this one. Refreshing and is back to Escada traditional summer scents roots from the post 2002. Surely will be another bestseller, but for me "Taj sunset" and "cherry in the air" still had more character (not to mention the oldies from 90´s). I can´t smell much similarity to the Britney Spears´s "Island fantasy", just one moment betwen opening and middle stage it slightly has a resemblance, thanks to apple note which lasts only a shortest while, but that´s it.

UPDATE: 3 hrs later it becomes almost the same as the "Marine groove" and "Pacific paradise", same identical base: sweet and exotic.

UPDATE (later in the evening), the staying power is actually quite good, 5-6 sprays are lasting and lasting, maybe becasue it is cold outside and skin is no warm and not "eating" perfume, but i´m impressed actually. I get full 10+ hours

xVal
xVal

I love watermelon aquatic scents,tempted to try it!
The bottle is gorgeous <3

Allegra
Allegra

I'm mad about anything turquoise so this one does it for me, definitely. What a lovely bottle! Fruity-aquatic content sounds fun and flirty and delicious which makes it the perfect summer frag, at least in theory ;)

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

Guava AND watermelon... I like!

nightcat23
nightcat23

I haven't smelt this yet, but I have a feeling it will be similar to Britney Spear's Island Fantasy

mimi_luvz
mimi_luvz

Escada always has great limited editions! Hmm, so far the only watermelon perfume I have and love is D&G's L'Imperatrice 3. I hope Born in Paradise is equally good, can't wait to try it!

almarie

I ordered this off Macy's.com. Can't wait till it arrives!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

With those colors i had hope that it would be some delicus coconut and some sweet sugar in it.
I guess i maybe then can layer it with my vs mist i have at home that contains beachy coconut and sugar cane.

Born in Paradise by Escada 3.82 out of 5 based on 371 ratings and 105 user reviews

Escada Born In Paradise Perfume by Escada, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Escada Born In Paradise 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Escada Born In Paradise 1 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Escada Born In Paradise Perfume by Escada, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
ESCADA - Escada Born in Paradise 1 oz EDT N A - Beauty
ESCADA - Escada Born in Paradise 1 oz EDT N A - Beauty
Escada Born In Paradise Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Escada Born In Paradise Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Born in Paradise
Escada Born In Paradise Perfume by Escada, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
ESCADA BORN IN PARADISE for WOMEN by Escada EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ LIMITED EDITION
Escada Born In Paradise Eau de Toilette - 3.4 OZ
Escada Born In Paradise Eau de Toilette - 3.4 OZ
Escada Born In Paradise Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Escada Born In Paradise Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Born in Paradise fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Born in Paradise, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Born in Paradise by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Born in Paradise by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.