Designers » D E » Chypre Floral « Groups

Escada 2005 Escada for women

Escada 2005 Escada for women
dislike

Escada 2005 by Escada is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Escada 2005 was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are black currant, nectarine, green leaves, cassia, cucumber, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are peony, magnolia, orange blossom, freesia, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are iris, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla and tangerine.

Black Currant Nectarine Green Leaves Cassia Cucumber Bergamot Lemon

Peony Magnolia Orange Blossom Freesia Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

iris Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla Tangerine

Elvie
Versense

Escada 2005 Fragrance Reviews

Kittycat63

Marj085 ... yes, Signature is the same as Escada 2005. Not sure why it has two different names and makes no sense to me!

Sadly, it seems to have been discontinued, which is inexplicable to me. All the other Escada perfumes but one (Margaretha de Ley) that I've tried all smell very similar - just very, very fruity and generic smelling. Escada 2005 / Signature is so different, much classier and so nice and fresh, and expensive smelling. I just can't comprehend why they would discontinue such a good perfume yet keep all the other, crappier overly fruity perfumes. It's so sad. :-(

cmlee22
cmlee22

Smelled this in 2005 visiting a friend who worked at Sephora. Fell in love! She bought it for me for X-mas and now I'm on my second, bigger bottle and also found a mini to travel with me. This scent is AMAZING. I need to get better at describing scents but this is just WOW WONDERFUL to me. I love it, my bf loves it and it's just incredible.
A have quite a few other Escada's which sadly smell similar and too sweet/fruity (Ibiza Hippie, Rockin' Rio, Sunset Heat, Pacific Paradise, Moon Sparkle, etc...) but this one is so different and unique, can't get enough!

It's sadly discontinued now but I'm sure you can find it on eBay.

marj085
marj085

Is this same fragrance like Signature Escada?

mocou
mocou

This is my favorite from escada! Sadly very hard to come by these days.
But it is my go-to spring scent at the moment.
It is a perfectly balanced everyday perfume, esspecially when the first rays of sunshine are shyly coming out again bringing light and warmth after a long cold season.
The floral sweetnes isn't overwhelming, and fresh citrusy notes aren't too sharp, it's just overall a very friendly feminine and light scent.

joan100
joan100

Escada 2005 is another of my favourite scents that have been discontinued. This was one of the last great Escada scents. The bottle and colour is timeless and absolutely divine! This was pure eye and nose candy! I WISH they would bring this back!!!

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Fresh liberating citrus and teas begin this version of Escada quickly tempered by light musks. This is an Escada I do enjoy. It's fresh, it's an outdoorsy scent, it's crisp. Amber relaxes this fragrance throughout, making Escada soft as cashmere and billowing clouds. Its' patchouli is exceedingly light and stays with the fragrance throughout with unusual citrus and greens mixed in. A very mellow perfume this one is. It sits fairly close to the skin for a fair number of hours. I love the creamy mix of bare florals that lay low with delicious vanilla. Escada is neither sweet nor floral, but just the right mix of amber, musk and patchouli for me when it drys down with its greenery. Its not about where you came from with this perfume, but about where you're going. It keeps you guessing.

carolinaesp
carolinaesp

Smells sophisticated, but it's too strong at first. It makes my nose hurt, if that makes sense... almost gives me a headache every time I put it on. It's a pity, because I really like the way it smells after a couple of hours on my skin. I read people saying it's fresh and light, and I think mine is the opposite... guess the bottle I got was a bad one :/

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

This perfume has such a light sweetness to it, but its over shadowed by this overbearing powdery green smell
It wouldn't be as bad if the perfume didn't give me a rash on my skin
I'm giving it away to my friend soon.
people who love the fresh green citrus soapy scents will for sure love this one

kasienka
kasienka

I do not like Escada fragrances.
This whole series of Marine Groove, Island Kiss, Rocking Rio or Ibiza Hippie is very sweet and almost identical.
The smell is different.
Would describe it as floral water. Here clearly feel the green grass, white flowers and green cucumber.
When I wear it I feel light, airy, girly.
They remind me of the smell of Victoria's Secret-Very Sexy For Her 2, which a few years ago I had in my collection.
For now, I rejoice with them, because my skin smelling fresh and fun, and this is what I meant.........

kathy_g
kathy_g

So strange..Escada's perfume pyramid is so similar to my beloved Eau d' Eden one..but OMG..i hate this perfume! it's so synthetic and cheap..i cannot even make myself to give it the second try. I have a full 1 oz bottle brand new and fresh, just plastic removed..would like to swap it to Gucci Envy or Jeanne Lanvin anytime...

scandi
scandi

Nothing that knocks me off my feet, feel no urges to tell my friends about this but still a nice and fresh perfume. I would really love this scent as a scented candle. At the top I get magnolia, jasmine and a lemony scent. Not sure what it is but I can smell a darker note also, deep but still no need to whip out the scuba gear.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Light-green-white-floral at first. I'm surprised to see patchouli in the notes, because that's one that usually explodes and takes over on me. I'm waiting to see if it does the godawful drydown so many aquatic florals do on me. I hope not, because so far I really like it.

Edit. so it doesn't dry down badly, which is great. But it doesn't last on me more than 4 hours or so. I don't mind carrying a decant with me, so not super worried about it, as long as it smells right.

Safira
Safira

I bought this perfume years ago after only having known Escada for their sweet, fruity we-all-smell-the-same scents - and what a nice surprise.

On my skin this smells very sophisticated and expensive. I really like it. Staying power and sillage are moderate - and way better than the other tropical, fruity a dime a dozen fragrances from Escada. :)

Fancygirl
Fancygirl

I am always amazed at the differences in 'fume noses. I simply love the girly, green effervescence of this beauty. It truly makes me feel beautiful!!!!

narmin.jova
narmin.jova

nothing clean or fresh or green about it. terrible synthetic smell.

Ceylane
Ceylane

I do not like this perfume. Green grass and smell of cucumber. Terrible for me.

nilizio
nilizio

Nice, clean, soapy .. Nothing more ..
I used it with pleasure and I finished the whole bottle but I doubt if I buy it again.

summer05
summer05

One of my best ESCADA scents, this one is really really nice,quite fresh, deep , green in a feminine way and it's also super for any time any occasion - at least for me- .
When I'm wearing it I feel like I'm standing in a garden filled with pure white flowers and smelling the mixture of a lovable flowers scent and water .

This perfume should perform the elegance and simpleness !

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is one of those scents that has to grow on you a little at a time. I first smelled it in the perfume store after it was spritzed on a paper tester. I liked it, and bought it then. Took it home, put it on, and was knocked over by how strong it was on my skin.Very very strong, and spicey, almost a bit masculine. After awhile it mellows a bit to a spicey green oriental type fragrance mingled with bits of citrus and vanilla. You will definitely need to let this one settle before you go out on the town,especially in close quarters, as some people may find it too strong,or offensive.
This should be marketed as a scent for men and women IMO.

Aspendina
Aspendina

Smells green & spicy, must be the patchouli. I officially hate Escada never found one I like; although I want to try moon sprakle. Anyway this is a gross disappointment, I put it on after my shower and felt dirty and wanted another.

Light and fresh citrusy fragrance with a little bit candied sweetness. I would say that the lemon note and the cucumber note are the most noticeable notes in this fragrance. Not a bad choice for summer, except the sweetness maybe, but the lemon note smells really cool:)

Kittycat63

kmoon2 - Sorry, but Escada 2005 doesn't smell in the slightest bit synthetic, manufactured or heavy. From your review it sounds as if you're talking about an entirely different perfume!! Escada 2005 is, however, classy, light, fresh and lovely and VERY recommendable to anyone with good taste (and a good sense of smell!).

exciter76
exciter76

Escada 2005 could be the separated-at-birth twin of Victoria’s Secret’s discontinued gem, Very Sexy 2. There’s less sweetness and the juice here is blue, asserting an upscale aquatic vibe, but they are essentially twins. This is great for fans—such as me—of one of the last of VS’s fragrance creations, before they traded in daring sophistication for cocktail cacophonic ‘fumes of late. Come to think of it, Escada could be accused of casting the same fate to their collection, too.

I’m not a fan of chypres but this is a pleasantly calm one. It’s not bombastic like most chypres that come to mind, but it has staying power comparable to any classic one, like Aromatics Elixir or Magie Noire. The sillage and projection are subdued for a chypre but it lets the wearer’s friends and acquaintances know you are wearing something lightly floral and somewhat leafy. Speaking of leafy, this is cassia-laden (and I love me some cassia). The blue color implies this is a weak, watery summer scent but Escada is perfect for any weather, any time of day or night.

If more chypres were like this I’d be a bigger fan of them.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

This is a nice change from all the usual flowery, citrusy spring/summer scents that we are normally bombarded with. Escada is much fresher and more aquatic than those other fragrances and I rather like it. On my skin, I get notes of cucumber, citrus, salt water, roses and green grass (almost like seaweed). Very fresh and clean and definitely aquatic. I like Escada's Into the Blue better but this one is still great for spring/summer. Especially good on those hot nights that you still want to smell yummy but can't tolerate anything too heavy. On me, Escada lasts a long time, about 8 hours or so, depending on what's i'm doing. Highly recommended.

Elenkina
Elenkina

I met this perfume in 2005, sprayed it on my wrist and went home. Then the sleeve of my jammer I was wearing that day still had this smell on for couple of more days, so I went to Boots and bought it. I was wearing it for quite sometimes, but only could finish half of it. Then I stopped smoking and all my smelling seances has changed and this perfume smelled different to me since. So I gave it to my mom and she really loved it. I could smell it on her, and it did suit her very much.

kmoon2
kmoon2

it smells very synthetic, very manufactured. it doesn't smell like you were out in a flower garden, nor does it smell like a summer day or like cozy blankets in winter.

it smells exactly like it came out of a very sterilized factory. or maybe even a glue factory. it is harsh and burns my nostrils. inhaling too deeply may make you sick. toxic.

i smell not a trace of vanilla, though the scent is still too heavy for me to designate as "fresh". fresh things should be light, and if this were the case, perhaps the cucumber and nectarine would come to the fore. i disagree with those that say it isn't soapy; on the contrary, i believe this scent is more like detergent than anything else.

kalios55
kalios55

It's a nice refreshing scent.

Clean and lightly green. Heady white and other floral notes are slightly sweet. I did not get any fruits here which was a surprise as Escada's known for its fruitiness.

Smelled of air and ozone but the scent itself was not sheer. Unfortunately, my nose did not like these combinations. I had to scrub it off for Escada 2005 is a big fat headache-inducing agent for me. It took 3 scrubs to rid of the smell off my wrist. No problem with staying power here. Give it a try if green aquatic floral scents are your thing.

The bottle and color are to die for. Sleeky glass design is heavy with a gorgeous-colored potion inside .. sigh .. shame shame shame ..

Kharnak
Kharnak

mum just got this for Xmas. It's exactly what she likes, she likes Freesian and Lily of the Valley, Watery, white floral things, and THIS is it. the Quintessential fresh, watery white floral. The cucumber is rather strong, it gives it that watery buttery feel that i dont particularly like. but it's fresh and femmy.... eeeee i can't get it off me XC

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

i used to wear it a few years ago and loved it! now i can't find it anymore...is it discontinued? does anyone know where to get it??

mimi88
mimi88

first impression - soooo heavy it gave me headache, tomorrow i'll give it another chance and now i'm going to take some pills from headache it gave. no cucumer no green

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

I have been purchasing this perfume for over 6 years now. its always one of the basics that I have to own. It always gives me the same feeling when i spray Vivara pucci, but vivara is a bit sweeter. This to me smells so clean it reminds me of shampoo. its like you just walked out of shower. its incredible honestly. its alot of cucumber and jasmine and lillies, but i def. dont get any vanilla. and as one of the reviwrs mentioned it def. has smoething aquatic in it.

gesch
gesch

If there is something like a "chypre-aquatic" - this would be it.

I had this years ago, and I still remember the watery smell in the florals and a very "fresh-green" base. I didn't know then anything about chypre and categories, but the distinct feeling that I wore something green-watery was very close.

It is beautifully complex and at the same time very easygoing and simple. I loved the possibility of this fragrance: wearable at any occasion!

For a distinctive notes description I think there are enough reviews here... Anyway: who in general likes floral-aquatics and not too strong chypres should really try this. One fragrance that has a very similar style is "Pure Turquoise" by Lauren.

tmeicxl
tmeicxl

This scent is very classy. It appears simplictic upon the initially sniff but it is actually a complex fragrance with intricate notes that harmoniously create class.Staple

vallin
vallin

for me its classic and calm - for me its smells kind of like a wood. us emy 2d bottle now.

epona
epona

My first escada edp - it does smell classy & expensive to me. I adore the jasmine notes. My husband did not notice any vanilla, which is good cuz he thinks he hates vanilla. It is lovely clean and green, then flowers then....... sweet food-ish - I thought coconut, but guess it's a very elegant vanilla....hmmmm?

derkargy
derkargy

At first I liked it,but soon I was disappointed,not only by the longevity,but also the very low silage.It's just a fresh fragrance and nothing more.

tanjag
tanjag

I bought this parfume without testing it before and that was a mistake! It is not so bad but a little bit masculine, and expensive of course but on the other hand its longevity is good. The problem is that it is not typically feminine scent as I said before and of course there are many much better scents than this and not so expensive!

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

I bought this perfume online based on reviews and really liked it from the first whiff. The top note is fresh and citrusy and makes me think this is the ideal spring/summer scent. The middle note is floral and smells wonderful, but I still think there is some 'green' in there. Somehow, I'm reminded slightly of Envy by Gucci. As other reviewers have said, it does smell expensive. IMO,Escada tend to have those light fun/fruity scents, ones I'd prefer in a showergel/bodylotion( sorry!) So, I'm excited about this one. It is quite classy. It stays pretty long on my skin and the bottle is georgeous. Thumbs up for this one!!

Napper216
Napper216

If diamonds had a smell, I think it'd be closer to this than Armani Diamonds [Well, the summer version at least].

The first time I tried this, I was going through a phase where I preferred stronger, skankier fragrances and thought that I needed a light one for the summer but the idea of most summer fragrances bored me as they didn't seem to have much personality or depth going for them.

This is a light, fresh and almost fruity cucumber-melon-blackcurrant infusion with something a little spicier hidden underneath and a very slightly woody, fruity, sweet base.
It's clean and fresh but not too soapy (Not over-keen on soap, I don't think), light but with a bit of depth and is probably the least potentially offensive scent I've ever tried.
I hope you can still get it - I've not seen it in department stores :/

@kittycat63:
Well, for me this is just a very ordinary indeed. I have tried to understand it a lot of times, but seems i like "loud" fragrances and this one is very "quiet" to me. Very calm and simply fresh, nothing else. But anyway it is good that we all have different tastes, so any perfume has it´s fans :)
Still i want original Escada to be in production back badly!

passionata20

If this perfume is the reason why they have discontinued the original "Escada Margaretha Ley" then i am deeply shocked by those decisions.
This is just as most ordinary fresh, a bit aquatic even fragrance that has no depth, variety and richness of my deeply loved Escada in red box. I mourne that one and absolutly dislike this one (based only on characteristic of this fragrance, nothing personal to this one if it would be a good fragrance).
Nothing outstanding with average lasting power for EDP concentration. Very weak in all meanings! I thought i would be at least something valuable but sadly it is not. Please discontinue this one and bring back the discontinued "Escada Margaretha Ley"!!!

Ecmaddox

Sorry i meant edp.. Hard to type accurately on this phone. And in addition to my previous review, this is reasonably priced too.. Worth it!

Ecmaddox

Nothing mind-blowingly extraordinary bout this scent but overall I like the fresh powdery floral fruity scent. It is very mild ib my opinion so I don't think anyone will ever think it's offensive. I think it would be great for everyday daytime wear but I do agree that thia edt is the most mature and expensive-smelling escada perfume I have ever smelled. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

Ms. Holmar
Ms. Holmar

I think this smells fresh and light but at the same time it is a strong smell. It doesn't remind me of any other perfume so thats great too. Definitely one of my favorites.

Kittycat63

Escada Signature (Escada 2005) is such a lovely perfume!

It's light and fresh, clean yet also warm and very elegant. When I first smelled it I totally fell in love, and I also was hit by how expensive smelling it is, despite the fact that it's actually relatively reasonably priced. Also, for some reason, it reminded me of America (where I lived for 6 years, although I'm British) and made me think of affluent, well-groomed NYC or Long Island ladies!

Personally, I don't smell any cucumber at all in Signature. To me it smells green and fresh, citrussy / floral, slightly sweet and the musk and amber give it warmth and depth. Despite it's freshness and cleanness, it's not insipid by any means and it lasts on my skin for hours and hours and the sillage is very good. I think it's ideal for any age range too - young or older! On top of this, the bottle's lovely and the perfume is such a pretty color!

I can't say enough good things about this one. It's one of my all-time favorite perfumes and I hope I'll still be able to buy it when I run out, although it may have been discontinued (I really hope not though because I'll be so sad if it is!!). This gets a massive thumbs up from me. :-))

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

Fresh...fresh...fresh! It's an explosion of freshness! Makes me feel like I've had a cucumber bath. It's not only the cucumber that perks me up....but also the splendid trickle of jasmine and orange blossom down my neck. A feeling to die for. I love love this perfume, it's one of the best from escada, it smells young, posh, and stylish. Great for summers. It softly billows around you like a cool breath on sweltering days. The bottle is fantastic. I would rate it a 5 on 5!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This isn't a bad Escada, but lacks some of the fun of recent releases. It tries hard to be a classic fresh floral in the 'Pleasures' vein and it hits the mark in some ways by being unobtrusive, fresh and light but completely lacks personality or originality. Not unpleasant to wear but I'll be dragging out one of their no nonsense cocktail scents when I want Escada, and Estee Lauder when I want to smell clean!

imellie
imellie

First impression: Horribly sweet chemical
Second impression: Sweet jasmine & citrus

It's nice overall. Probably because I'm a fan of jasmine and the sensibly sweet smell. I think it would be better if the smell is not very strong, but you may say it's longlasting, on the other side.

Rouu
Rouu

Escada is the second release to be named Escada. The first, launched in 1990, appears to still be in production. Is it just me, or is it unnecessarily confusing to produce two perfumes with the same name? here is Egypt i used that they call it Escada Green in the stores ! i tasted it today and i like it but not enough to wear it ..

Escada opens with fruit salad on a bed of greens, with a little cucumber garnish on the side... it is foody, but very light and fresh and summery. There is a touch of sweetness, but nothing like the candied fruit of the limited edition fragrances that Escada releases every summer (Rockin Rio, Ibiza Hippie, Island Kiss, etc).the emphasis here is much more on the fresh notes, and the sea breeze accord is pronounced.

early dry down is a mixed floral, still very light and fresh, and then it slowly develops into something slightly darker, a lo-cal amber-patchouli dessert perhaps, with hints of vanilla and nectarine. despite the warmer base notes, the aura of freshness remains: the musk is clean, there are no earthy or disturbing elements, and it is not at all heavy or overpowering.

Escada is too fresh; perhaps a dash of something disturbing would have been more to my liking. I will say that the lasting power is very good , now on its over 7 hrs on my wrist , its a versatile fragrance with a good sillage , more than perfect for daily use and office .. many women will like it but personally i wont complement a woman wears this scent , its just NICE but not Unique , it need more personality in my opinion

ESCADA 2005 ***

mandelinka
mandelinka

Had about 1 year ago and couldn't wait to use it up. It just didn't wok with my body chemistry and made me feel ill.
The body lotion and whower gel were lovely, completely different from the perfume

sistercurare
sistercurare

The truth is that I have spent so much money on escada that I have lost count of it. Thay all disappoint me soon, as they are too vanilla, too floral-fruity or the base doesn't match the rest of the perfume, as most of the lovely reviewers have already mentioned.

THIS however did the trick! I bought it on sale and didn't expect much but I found that the early freshness gave its place to a creamier base and lasted many hours. It is not a magical perfume, but as I am EASILY bored , this is the one, I fall back on when I need a decent office perfume. It's not magical, but you'll get a whole bunch of compliments and not a single hint of migraine!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Strong, feminine, perfect for office wear or job interview, but to my surprise the fragrance smell like crushed hyacinth buds! Nothing more, nothing less, just hyacinth :-)
It does not bother me as hyacinth reminds me of first sunny spring days and all hyacinth flowers blooming around my fish pond :-)
Lovely! No cucumber, no roses, no peonies, no cassia. Just creamy hyacinth :-)

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

I love this scent. I think, every scent and odour makes an emotive reaction in people. (The good old limbic system:)...) This perfume reminds me of my favorit neighbour lady, who was my "laureate grandma", too. In our country there was a socialist regime for several years, and there were no "capitalist products". But this lady had always a little blue or green Fa-soap in her bathroom...and I liked it so much. Maybe my nose dumps a lie on me but I feel those scents again, when I take a smell at Escada Signature:). However I don't like fruity-sweet Escada line. This "green-line" makes me feel good and nostalgic. It's long-lasting on my skin and the bottle is very nice, simply-elegant too.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

I have a 75ml bottle, I'm a cautious buyer that usually I would think twice before buying a fragrance. Escada is outstanding enough, I eventually bought it after 3 times of tests in half a year.

The first impression of Escada is fresh and clean, but if you pay more attention to its sillage, there is more surprise to discover: The head notes are refreshed and pleasant, the touch is a little bit sweet, a little bit sourish, other than the kind of fruity burst. After 10~20 minutes the fruity flashes away, the flowers take place, this is the most beautiful part, the floral combination is soft, clean, and a little bit powdery, it's not offensive but definitely attractive (there are at least 7 different kinds of flowers, as we see in the list). The base is fresh patchouli with musk, still holding a hint of freshness from the flowers.

Overall, it's not a simple linear one, it's changeful in a cheerful way. Maybe the only flaw is the lasting, about 5hrs on my skin in a summer day.

The Bottle is crafted all by thick glasses, even the cap. The color of the Liquid is pretty too, light lake-green. I like the Poster too, though it's not displayed on this page... I think the model girl and her clothes match this product very well.

I'm so happy that finally I have got it! How I would rejoice with it in this summer! I Love it so much, thank you Escada.

guest_FS16
guest_FS16

After a whole day of searching for a suitable perfume for my friend I fortunately came across Escada 2005 Gift Pack. When I smelled it, it far outshined all the other perfumes I tried on.

Its fresh, fun and light. Though Ive noticed it has a long lasting period and doesnt dry down to a stink like most others. It retains the freshness as if its just been sprayed. Although it is very green and floral, it still suits pretty well for evenings. Im in love with it, the only complaint - expensive compared to other grassy perfumes.

Luciel
Luciel

Not impressed at all. But I have to admit I don't like Escada fragrances generally, I find them boring and flat. But this one is the best from their entire collection, not too sweet, not so cheap smelling and seems to be quite fresh. Anyway, I like more significant fragrances.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I didn't smell any of the top notes on first spray (a shame, because I really love peach notes), but rather I got a fresh bloom of jasmine, and then lily-of-the-valley. Each were clearly distinguishable to my nose.

On my skin, the dry down smells of green, earthy patchouli, a touch of powdery sweetness from the amber and iris, and trace of vanilla. Escada 2005 is quite pretty and cheerful, very fresh, with a hint of warmth.

This perfume would work well as a daytime scent, and it's appropriate for year-round wear; it's not too heavy for summer, and it would bring a burst of summer florals and green freshness to a cold winter day.

Floritica64
Floritica64

By far, the best perfume by ESCADA. It reminds me of the bowl of fruit on the top of Carmen Mirandas head. Loving it!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

smells on me to nothing than cucumber, after some minutes to nothing. thumbs down. gave this to my mother in law who liked it, but when she says wearing it i can t smell anything..... strange.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is a nice enough scent but will never be a signature scent for me. I have a bottle for trade 1.7 EDP only used twice so almost totally full if someone has to have it. You MUST give references and full name to trade with me though! TOO MANY SCAMS GOING ON!

kankine
kankine

Escada has something what intrigue me, that's why I like this scent, but only in summer :/

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I want to be clear about two things right away: 1) I like this perfume quite a bit, and 2) this is not a chypre. At least, I don't experience it as a chypre. It is light green, very slightly green, only somewhat green referring to the color of the liquid in the bottle, and if you compare this tint of green to assertive green colors of the chypres and then extrapolate this comparison to smells, you will get the idea.

To me, this is a light floral, perhaps, a floral green, potentially a floral woody musk, but I don't get the musky feeling from it.

What do I get? A nice fresh green beginning (yes, I can go for a cucumber there with other slight greens), a warm floral heart smelling like a bouquet of lily of the valley flowers with a couple of rose petals tucked in, and then a fresh woody drydown similar to another nice Escada -- Into the Blue.

The lasting power is pretty impressive, I had it on a whole day, reapplied in the evening and it stayed overnight and still smelled great when I took my late shower next day.

The bottle is nice, too, a long rather than tall heavy glass bottle with a heavy glass cap. What a joy in the days of plastic caps!

Thanks kay_li13 for sending me a sample which impressed me so much, thanks c3c for finding out about a FB that went for a swap, and thanks mahanta for helping me to organize the swap! I'll be using this one a lot, especially in work related situations.

Jadetive
Jadetive

This fragrance is cucumber fresh, smells of grassy greens and florals. It is not at all fruity or spicy. However, it is slightly smokey and also has a certain hollow, metallic quality on drydown. No warmth in this scent at all. Also doesn't last that long. Glad that I only have a sample of this.

filiz
filiz

Well, if I would not have this parfume and intend to buy according these review below , I probably woldn't be hesitated to get a bottle of escada 2005.the comments are a little bit exaggerated for me.
if I need to say my opinion about this scent;top notes really reminds me lemon cologne which means that lemon is quite strong it is definitely hard to smell any other top notes like nectarin or green leaves. bad composition. the interesting thing is there is no middle notes in this parfume at all! jumps to directly to base which is completely insignificant note.

guest_FarOuW
guest_FarOuW

personnaly i don"t get itt .. but i w'd really like to :p
i tried it in the free store of the airport :D andd i smelled itt on me durin' all my travell :p i was travellin' with the scent lolz.
I find the bottle very original comparin'to the others Escada's fragrances O_o and I like it ^^

Kate_Perfume_Addict
Kate_Perfume_Addict

Escada2005/Escada Signature invigorates the soul and energizes the mind - contains a wealth of sparkling bright notes that burst out onto the senses - I absolutely love it :)

Szonja
Szonja

I had a small sample of this scent and I really liked it. I was thinking about buying a bottle but found it too expensive for its quality. I think it has an equal quality with the average AVON fragrances. Nice but not too serious. Anyway it is a light, greeny scent, the bottle's colour describes the fragrance very well.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This has got to be one of the blandest, dullest perfumes I've ever smelled in my life. It comes across as a 'light- greeny-grassy' type of scent. But that's it. And it's so light, that I can hardly even tell I'm wearing anything at all. If you're looking for a greeny, fresh, OR grassy type of scent, I strongly recommend SJP's COVET. There's more going on in it, not nearly as forgettable, plus it lasts soo much longer than this on the skin.

alinta
alinta

Escada Signature, my signature parfume. It is a very good parfume, fresh, clean and special. It is not a cheap smell, like alot of other parfums. It become my favorite, I have now my third botle. It`s so lovely and sexy, with a beat of bitter something, and a citrusy-sweet something, it makes me feel sexy and expensive! It smells like money, baby!

Divenus
Divenus

In the paper smell sooo pretty, but in my skin smel like Eden - Cacharel, old flowers. Not to strong, but a begining of a headache. I was with a friend and she love it. Question of skin I think.

Lovespell
Lovespell

I first caught a whiff of this in a magazine, and I was like what was that amazingly so good and clean aquatic mediterranean smell. I was even entranced by the ad. I was like wow, I want that perfume. So I bought it. It is expensive smelling, and so many perfumes smell alike now days. This one truly is one of a kind. I am very picky about perfumes, it is a rarity to stumble upon one that drives me crazy enough to really want to buy it. It is my main signature perfume that I wear daily. I take this big bottle in my purse everywhere I go. It is my baby. I wear it all the time when I go shopping. I actually spritz myself several times throughout the day just to get a refresh of this so good scent. I will walk into a store just having spritzed it in my car, and I NEVER get anyone coughing like they are annoyed by it. And believe me..people are quick to cough or make reactions if they think your perfume stinks lol. I have had a friend ask me what I wear because it smells good too. I feel fresh and clean with it, it gives me confidence. It is a powdery clean musk and dries floral. I love the bottle with the thick glass, I dropped it once and it didnt break. The lovely green blue color liquid reminds me of the sea. This perfume is SPECIAL and one of a kind, A+ in my book, a true timeless classic. Good for all ages.

The_Entity
The_Entity

Im disappointed with this one, attractive packaging, but doesnt last 5 seconds on my skin :(

parisa
parisa

Very *pretty* floral fragrance. One of those that I immediately liked and then I was terribly bored with it in a 2 days.

mwater1
mwater1

Love it! It's really fresh and energizing. I recommend it highly.

ktv0926
ktv0926

The fragrance has a very nice floral opening, young and light. Afterwards it becomes somewhat green and fresh, which is weird to me, because usually it goes another way round. I don't really get the base notes, maybe because it didn't last long on me and when I sniffed my hand at the end of the day, I couldn't get anything.

Anyways, it's a very pleasant scent for everyday use, it's fun and young like all escada fragrances, but without exeggeration.

Eros
Eros

I agree with "Marianne" here - this scent is disbalanced (call this "unusual"?). The drydown reminds me Elizabeth Arden "Green Tea".

kay_li13
kay_li13

Tried this in the store the other day and also just got my sample vial in the mail. It's kind of disappointing, but it's not bad. From the reviews, I was expecting something very aquatic, fresh, and delightful. It was somewhat fresh, but not as fresh as many other fragrances I have smelled before, such as D'lssey. It's not that memorable or complex. The smell doesn't linger. Another one of those events where I'm glad I "tried" before I "buyed," lol. :p

Kama
Kama

In my opinion it is one of the best Escada perfume.... I love them...I know men love them as well...

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I sampled this today and was not impressed at all. I prefer perfumes that "grab" my imagination, and didn't feel that this one did the trick. It didn't offend me, and it WAS pleasant, but I found it very plain and boring. Dry-down smelled more like soap on me than anything else. Glad I didn't buy it first! :)

blueberrypie
blueberrypie

I bought a bottle over the internet without having sniffed it. I heard great things about it and it sounded like a perfume I'd like to have, so I took a chance.
It smells very aquatic at first but after about 15 minutes it starts to smell clean and fresh and soft and classy, very very nice indeed. It's kinda different too, I can't really compare it to any other perfume that I know. That's a good thing though, there's too many perfumes out there already that resemble another.
I very much recommend this one, it's just lovely and it's staying power is excellent. Oh, and a great looking bottle too IMO.

worshipmoments
worshipmoments

Last lasting perfume...smell so sweet and refreshing...sexy bottle too.

Helene
Helene

Like it very much, fresh and fascinating.
It is better to test every perfume you like on other, because the smell depends on the person,may be it depends on the skin

dolita
dolita

i feel that one is very normal there's nothing unique in it

guest_dina
guest_dina

i agree that this one is the most expensive smelling perfume from escada.it doesn't smell like lollipop like all the other escada scents.it has quality and suitable for all age.

mamamia
mamamia

this is the best escada perfume.it's really different from all the other escada perfumes.but ABSOLUTELY smell EXPENSİVE!!!

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

Sorry ladies I don't agree...on me it smells fresh and light. This is an everyday type of scent, I really enjoy it. I swear when I wear it I don't smell like a child wearing disney perfume...It really works with my skin chemistry I guess.

Escada 2005 by Escada 3.63 out of 5 based on 424 ratings and 86 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada 2005 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada 2005, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada 2005 by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada 2005 by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.