Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Escada Escada for women

Escada Escada for women
dislike

Escada by Escada is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Creations Aromatiques. Top notes are coconut, asafoetida, mandarin orange, peach, hiacynth and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, iris, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang, frangipani and narcissus; base notes are sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vanilla, heliotrope and cedar.

Coconut Asafoetida Mandarin Orange Peach Hiacynth Bergamot

Peace, Love and Juicy Couture

Escada Fragrance Reviews

Emma0714
Emma0714

This is pure nostalgia for me.

My grandmother wore this during the 90's, every single christmas eve. To me this smells like grandma "dressed up", with a long red flounce skirt lined with golden thread, big golden earings and a big wavy bangs. Shiny red nailpolish.
Combine this with the big expectant exitement of christmas as a kid, and the loving hugs of a grandmother.

When she stopped wearing it I bought a bottle for my own, think I was only 13 or 14 at that time. And wore it only during christmas seasons.

This scent just triggers that "fragrance memory", and instantly takes me back and fills my heart with joy.

Roselorien
Roselorien

I got this for Christmas one year and tried really hard to like it. Now that I see it has asafoetida, I see why I could not. I am extremely sensitive to asafoetida and
always found something unpleasant lingering beneath this already less than pleasant heavy floral scent.

Marilia -Mariliaki
Marilia -Mariliaki

I had heard- read good reviews about this perfume. I went and bought it. Disappointed. Definitely not for young girls. Very heavy with the scent brought me sick headacke and not enought was not leaving on my skin for hours, nor from the room when i spray perfume. My boyfriend hated. I decided to give away somewhere but nobody liked. So he took my mother in law who did that likes to not upset...:(

dezaval
dezaval

Oh, my very first expensive fragrance! So "maximalistically" 90s! It reminds me all those mysterious ladies back in the 90s, who wore shoulder pads, big hair, smokey eyes, red nails and red matte lipsticks, being confident and dynamic. A chic extrvaganza from that time...Unusually modern, strong and came-to-stay fragrance, a mixture of white flowers, woods and spices.
It was released, as I recall, in the early 90s. A good friend of mine wanted to buy me a gift. So, she asked me to pick an expensive fragrance. I tried a lot of them and I liked this one. It was so unique, so different from all the rest. I was 19 years old at that time. At this age, one is ready to experience with fragrances, because there is no prejudice about how a fragrance should be. At that time, I had the 25ml EDP edition. Oh, my God! It was great! Now I own the 30ml EDT. Still interesting. I must say I'm one of the very first ones who had this. SO LOVELY!

This one has similarities to Margaretha Ley but this one opens more spicy. Fresh, deep and superwomanish-scent that takes me back to the 90's. Lovely and a bit spicy flowernotes. Less is more, spray carefully or else this one will turn thick and overwhelming.. Middle/basenote comes close to Margaretha Ley but less sweet and less coconut. Wonderful wiffs around me. Timeless scent - and I think this one is perfect on a woman 35+ in my opinion.

Denna doften har likheter med Margaretha Ley men denna öppnar mer kryddigt. Fräsch, djup och superkvinnlig doft som för tankarna tillbaka till 90-talet. Härliga och lite kryddiga blomnoter. Lite är lagom, spreja försiktigt annars så blir den tung och överväldigande. Mellan/basnoten liknar M Ley rätt mycket men mindre söta noter och mindre kokosnöt. Härliga småfläktar runt mig. Tidlös doft - och jag tycker att denna passar kvinnan 35+ och uppåt.

graceinpurple
graceinpurple

I don't like this at all. Granny with a lot of hairspray having a walk in a cemetery of sticky sweet whit flowers. Not a modern scent, but not even classy: invading and sickening long lasting nightmare for me

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I like this one but I would have to agree that it would all depend on one's chemistry. It is a rich champagne-y floral---a bit bitter and a bit sweet.

My cousin has a bottle. She thinks it is a bit dated. However on my nose it could have been a very pleasing classic.

I will wear this without hesitations of I ever see a bottle again. It is a rare gem indeed.

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

I have my mother-in-laws Escada from the '80s, and it's divine! When I first smelled it at her house, I had a specific scent memory of a classical music concert at my old college in the '80s, so I must have smelled it in the air, then.

etoile_88
etoile_88

hi, I have a 100 ml bottle of the fragrance but I don't use it. anyone interested?

zanzann
zanzann

I have gift set 50 ml edt+50 ml body lotion+50 ml bath and shower gel- it all in beautiful red-golden box. if you are interested, give me a PM

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

omgosh, I was just out shopping at this discount store and came across 3 bottles 1.7oz along with a vitnage aqua de gio and a few others.. cant believe it! you NEVER see this anywhere!!

This stuff smells amazing on me. I dont see this too similar too poem.. of course they share a few of the same notes.. but to me very very different perfumes..

This is not overly cheery.. and it has a non edible gourmand quality..

While I dont like overly sweet or the kind of gourmand tht smells edible This is none of those.. this is an almost gourmand grown up.. but the notes together almost give of the slightest bit of caramel... omg.. this is devine.. fit for angels.. creamy slightly powdery and I dont normally like peach but in this.... it's wonderful..

It makes me feel young but it's sophisticated enough that I dont feel like an oddball wearing it... perfect.. I'm so happy with my escada xoxo... I can tell this is going to be a long love affair :) ''poem who?'' lol

just want to clarify, (compraing to poem), I dont see this as more cheery than poem, just softer and creamier..smoother... I definently perfer this over poem.. although poem may be a bit more complex... and I still believe poem to be a top notch frag

@passionata20,

Read my review properly! I said similar not it smells the pretty much the same which is what you are suggesting. I still believe these three perfumes are similar and people who like escada may like these. I have been wearing these perfumes for many many years so I believe there is some similarity there.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

Sounds very similar to Poeme, one of my favorites. Also I'd like to add, that I find poeme to be very cheerful, not sure if this might then be a little too cheery for me

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Escada, Has been my signature scent for over many years. Hard to find. It matches my chemistry so well. That I attracted to much attention. Worked in a car plant and stopped wearing it, Because I felt it was my signature pheremone. Too much attention. Please bring it back!

@ takeasniff:
Vanderbildt (the classic one) does indeed smell similar to this one, though too much intense but i seriously doubt that Escada smells like Poeme! Poeme is more deep while this one is truly cheerful! Today i have made a test in the shop by spraying poeme on my one wrist and my Escada on the other wrist and they are quite different still.

takeasniff

I have this and I have just worked out that the frangapani is what lets me down. Victoria Beckham's intimately hers in the gold bottle I also have. Every time I wear these two perfumes there is a funky musty smell that develops. Also Vanderbilt is similar and can get a musky stale smell. It must be my chemistry. My husband says they smell so nice on me but I never feel confident but I can wear samsara and joop and fancy nights which are all very strong even angel I don't mind so I am not sure what is going on there. Anyway, this perfume smells similar to vanderbilt so if you can't get it anymore try vanderbilt and even poem by lancome is similar.

passionata20

I suggest that all the fanatics of this Escada masterpiece should send a message to Procter&Gamble prestige asking to bring it back. When i did so, i got a reply though this one has been discontinued if demand is high it is likely that this one can be relaunched.
(escada-fragrances.com > click on any perfume >
conact us)

I guess we just should all try convince company that there IS a demand for this beauty on the market.

The other option is that you can contact Escada company directly with the same question...
(escada.com > service > conact us)

passionata20

ONE OF MY BIGGEST PERFUME LOVE EVER!!!
It happened so, that i discovered this one only about a year ago and it is now discontinued!!!
I was looking for a fragrance for my grandma and one of my friend had a tester 100ml edt of this one so he gave it to me. It was love from the first sniff! Not to mention that my grandma is also in love with this one!
I don´t see this fragrance as oriental at all but more like spring-blooming-time-fragrance!
This is the second time in my life, when wearing a fragrance i´ve been admired by both men and women and asked what do i wear! Needless to say the staying power is enourmous!!!! Even EDT, not mentioning the EDP!!!
So sad, that such classy fragrance has been discontinued,and yet Escada manufactures every year some seasonal mass-market cheap not lasting fragrance!

vlappleman
vlappleman

This is the closest any perfume will ever get to the true scent of nightblooming jasmine. Powerful stuff, yeah, but if you've got the right skin chemistry, it's magic.

glitteralex
glitteralex

The first few seconds of this perfume are quite deceiving...Escada by Escada opens with a curtain of aldehydes that veil the true character of the scent. This polite waxy citrus entrance holds its breath for just a few seconds, though, and as the aldehydes fall away, the top becomes industrial strength Bergamot with spicy Jasmine...a tight, matronly feel that will drive 97% of wearers to the washbasin. Quick on its heels is a loud & cloying Tuberose egged on by Orange Blossom. If you can survive this 20 minute stage, things will improve. The Jasmine and Tuberose settle in and are mitigated by the Orris (much the same effect as adding fatty greek yogurt to an overspiced meal-it both diperses, but deepens, the sharpness of the hot notes). The base is characterized by spice, at first dry, then in later stages sweetened by the latecoming Vanilla. The ascribed mossy/woody notes are in quantities only enough to balance the overwhelming classic floral qualities. I might wear this perfume simply for the beguiling warmth of the drydown.

Overall, this perfume is not to my personal taste, and is rather crude in its presentation. I am drawn to it nonetheless. Its varying and succinct phases and quality ingredients make this an interesting perfume. It reminds me of Ysatis in that way, but E by E is a bit more 1990 suburban vulgar than the exquisite and timeless orchestration accomplished in Ysatis six years earlier.

b.n. I recently gifted my grandmother a bottle of Ysatis, but after spending some time with Escada by Escada, think perhaps this would have been a better choice for a 94 year old Italian Nana from Rhode Island. Upon revisiting this perfume 6 months later, on a cool late summer evening, I am surprised by how much the introduction to this perfume resembles the hearts notes of so many others. The aldehydic classic radiant floral ingredients are so strong, with a spicy backdrop, that one would expect they were meeting a perfume that was at least half an hour old. The heart itself is even more intense...both observations reinforce my thoughts that this is a perfume that should be worn carefully. Compare to Ysatis, Oscar de La Renta original, and White Diamonds.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I just don't have the right chemistry for this one. All the notes that give me trouble are rising to the top, fighting for attention. I'm getting mostly narcissus, ylang, and carnation. I can smell the other sweet, fruity, mossy notes in the background, but they are being utterly drowned out by the few notes that don't work for me. I feel my head ache every time I sniff my wrist. In the same vein as Jil Sander No. 4, which I also tried to like.

keewee
keewee

I would suggest that people just put their opinions about PERFUME and not about the people that like or dislike perfumes. Such as Sherapop's comments...

Escada is a perfectly good perfume at a very reasonable price. No crime in that!

Most of us are unaware of all the marketing tactics, and frankly, could care less.

Onward, perfume lovers...

k

There's no getting around the fact that ESCADA is a major stinker. Big time 1980s personality, this creation--a second or third cousin to CK ETERNITY--was born in 1990, just when the atmosphere above women was beginning to become so clouded with the stench of powerhouse perfumes that entire anti-perfume movements were brewing on the horizon. At all strata of society, people were quietly conspiring to wage war against THE ENEMY.

Not only did various groups and companies begin to implement "no perfume policies," but entire lines of fragrance appear to have taken their inspiration from the stinkers--as negative role models. Hence was born the skin scent, the "I just took a shower frag," and the inoffensive office fruity floral. This reaction was very similar, in fact, to the manner in which Nietzsche claims we derived what he calls our prevailing "slave morality." 'Twas but a ressentiment-infused reaction of the weak against the strong.

It was more than just that people were literally gasping for breath. They also felt violated, victimized, as though their bodily space, their very tissues had been invaded, as though perfume was being forced upon them in the way that second-hand smoke used to be in virtually every restaurant and bar.

Times have changed, but if you're looking for an asafoetida-rich oriental, ESCADA may work for you. If ETERNITY happens to be on your regular rotation, I suspect that you'd also like ESCADA--in fact, you most likely have a bottle! Just make sure when you wear these potions that the perfume police are nowhere within sniffing range!!!!

F_A
F_A

Tuberose and jasmine, jasmine and tuberose - that's what Escada is on my skin. These two notes are playing on my skin, not letting any other notes out. The tuberose is not sharp here, it's rather a musky and mossy tuberose, and so is the jasmine. Escada EDT has a great staying power, nice sillage, it's a strong and very elegant flowery fragrance. Surely it's not for everyone, but if you're into floral scents and love jasmine and tuberose notes, give it a try, it's worth it.

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

The very best perfume ever,the edt is still available in Holland, but edp is much better!
Everybody recognized me for my perfume..
Now I use Boucheron and Allure.And a lot more haha!!It takes more time to decide what perfume I am gonna wear, than which outfit..ha!
That's why I regret that Escada has disappeared.It was good, anytime, anywhere..

I wanted to explain WHY it is so fantastic:
it has accomplished the task to combine exotic notes like cocos and frangipani with classic flowery notes that does not make it 'typical classic' but not a'typcial summery' perfume either! It is like a category on it's own! I think that the same about Cassini, that is on my top 5. I just am very excited when once in a while there is a very unique and innovative fragrance, not a copy of some other commercial perfume. if you want to communicate originality, this one is for you!!

This perfume is ABSOLUTELY fantastic! I used to wear it a couple a years ago with great enthousiasm and then I started expanding my collection and using other ones. But today, I grabbed my bottle again and I love it sooo much! I took a mini with me, so I can reapply during the day too!!
Only for very confident women, it is a real powerhouse perfume.
Good luck!

nyoka
nyoka

I tried over 75 fragrances before i found es cada.I was looking for a strong scent that would get attention.Well i found it in this.I never wear it,that someone asks what I am wearing.EVERY time.I hate orential scents,but,I love this one.Unlike others,I do not just like the middle notes and the drydown.I love all the notes from the first spray.I looked everywhere to find it,we live in a small rural town in the south.I finally found it online at a great price.I was obsessed trying to find my signature scent until by chance,i discovered this heavenly scent.not for the faint of heart.dont wear it if you dont want attention,for a longgg time.It lasts forever.I am going to buy in bulk now.I never want to be without it.

guest_song a
guest_song a

yes yes this is strong VAN DER BILT Classic really same but little strong than van der bilt

kevaana
kevaana

This perfume for me was a surprise, a beautiful surprise. The first accords of the perfume do not like me (is a strongly resemblance with vanderblit), but the heart of this fragrance is wonderful, it has such a rich and sweet creamy notes. When I smell this creamy notes my body instinctively refresh it. I feel the coconut and frangipani notes. In a way this fragrance for his time was very bold and modern.In our days is a fragrance of a high quality.

A Big 10 for this creation.

This scent is too much peachy smell but drydown better than first sniff anyway I love this one to make me really woman .

guest_cici
guest_cici

it smell same like Vanderbilt really same !

Malegria
Malegria

This is one of Escadas with personality - I wonder if they even plan on making something like this again!

A very strong willed complicated fruity floral orient scent.With a wild side to it, too - it perfectly captured the transaction between 80s and 90s.If you will survive the first 10 minutes of almost unbearable flowerness (and if the flowers won`t knock you down, then asafoetida will try) , you will be rewarded by an essence of a woman in power!It says very clearly - don`t mess with me, cause I can afford to wear THIS and still be able to break your heart.
It softens to a bittersweet scent of wild honey and is very recognizable.It never was my cup of tea, but it can be wonderful with certain body chemistry.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Funny because I like to sniff the bottle of this but I do not like it when sprayed it is too peachy and strong but sniffing the bottle it is like Red Door.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

My first exposure to Escada was Sunset Heat. Yummy, yummy, yummy! Most of the Escada's are fruity florals, but this one is not. After I fell in love with the original Escada for men (for my husband) I couldn't wait to try this one for me. I was not disappointed. Very sexy, intimate and warm. You have to let this one dry down a little and then it smells absolutely wonderful. Definitely a night time, romantic scent, at least for me.

for me Escada is mostly a fruity fresh perfume maker,but this one was one of the first perfumes from Esacada that I got to know.in fact I'm not into oriental flowers scents.for me it smells exactly like charlie and other classic perfumes that my mother wears.but I should confess it's so sensual for a middle aged woman.but do people stop asking the lady the name of perfume she's wore by smelling it?I don't know,but I guess a middle aged woman is not sick of getting attention,she just wants to smell neat & nice.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I have a 100ml EDT bottle of Escada by Escada if anyone is interested! It's unused and in its box, so it's in perfect condition. :-)

amanda
amanda

it has the typical classical old lady smell mixed with sg oriental still fresh. its definitely not for teens:) but in a way i like this, its an interesting and elegant smell, for me its a bit like chanel 5 in an escada version which is more fun

Escada by Escada 3.41 out of 5 based on 203 ratings and 38 user reviews

25.95 GBP
Escada Rockin 39 Rio Eau de Toilette Spray 2011 Limited Edition with Free Sunglasses Key Ring 50ml
28.50 GBP
Escada Pink Graffiti Eau de Toilette Spray 50ml
Escada Pink Graffiti Eau de Toilette Spray 50ml
38.95 GBP
Escada Rockin 39 Rio Eau de Toilette Spray 2011 Limited Edition with Free Sunglasses Key Ring 100ml
ESCADA ISLAND PARADISE for WOMEN by Escada EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ LIMITED EDITION
ESCADA ISLAND PARADISE for WOMEN by Escada EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ LIMITED EDITION
44.50 GBP
Escada Pink Graffiti Eau de Toilette Spray Limited Edition with Free Cocktail Key Ring 100ml
ESCADA PINK GRAFFITI for WOMEN by Escada EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ LIMITED EDITION
Escada Especially Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Escada Especially Eau De Parfum Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Escada Pink Graffiti Perfume by Escada, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Escada Pink Graffiti Perfume by Escada, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Escada Island Paradise Perfume by Escada, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Escada Pink Graffiti Perfume by Escada, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Escada Pink Graffiti Perfume by Escada, 3.3 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.