Designers » D E » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Escada Acte 2 Escada for women

Escada Acte 2 Escada for women
dislike

Escada Acte 2 Escada for women Pictures Escada Acte 2 Escada for women Pictures Escada Acte 2 Escada for women Pictures

Escada Acte 2 is one of floral aldehydic perfumes, created in 1995. It was designed by Ilias Ermenidis. Top notes are enriched with cozy and fresh green notes with juicy-sweet tangerine, orange and bergamot. A heart blooms with floral accords of intoxicant rose, freesia, jasmine, mimosa and orris. A base is refreshed with cedar, warmed and softened with vanilla and sandalwood, and sweetened with cinnamon.

The bottle Acte 2, just like the rest of the Escada Sport collection, was designed by Theirry Lecoule DESIGN.

Green Notes Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot

Mimosa iris Freesia Jasmine Rose

Sandalwood Cinnamon Vanilla Cedar

Amazing
Snow Woman

Escada Acte 2 Fragrance Reviews

C_Jai
C_Jai

I just bought this blind from eBay. The bottle is pretty but it smells like soup mixed with sweet, and there is a faint cat urine smell. First I thought maybe the perfume had gone bad, but maybe it's my body chemistry because I see several others who say that they have old bottles that still smell good.

Lucky me
Lucky me

I just got a sample of this wonderful fragrance. It is beautiful, I don't really get any powder in it. It is shame Escada doesn't make it any more. It is very summery and cheerful perfume, long lasting on my skin. But good news is I found it very similar to Louis Feraud for women perfume. Less grass in it but fragrances are really close....So for people who is missing this Escada or trying to find something similar Louis Fearud would be worth to try. :)

KaseyC
KaseyC

I hope I could find it at 1.59$. The one I got is very old but it still smells very fresh and nice to my nose. There is a floral sweetness in it. The opening is very green and full of sunshine and energy. There is nothing like urine or bad odor. I suppose some people found it smell awful just because the bottles they got had changed and turned bad.

The peachy note is pretty strong in the drydown and I notice the sandalwood note as well. This fragrance does not only resemble the spirit of the Spring but also the energy of life at its beginning. It projects sunshine and water when I smell it.

It has good sillage but it's not very long-lasting. On me, I have normal skin, it lasts for about 3 hours.

clancyann
clancyann

I found this for $1.59 at Goodwill and bought it. It smelled great when I opened the cap, kind of a sweet green fragrance. I had high hopes that it would be similar to Versace Yellow Jeans. Alas, it was not to be; on my skin this was horrible. I really like the grassy note others are describing, but I definitely smell the urine-like tang, yikes. It will be making a round trip right back to Goodwill.

Bettany87
Bettany87

I've always felt that each fragrance tells a unique story on the wearer and I find the venture quite exciting every time I try a new scent.

Well, the story my body chemistry depicted with this fragrance was not what I was hoping for. I am not sure if the fragrance simply turned bad after so many years (this was from my aunt's collection that she happily handed down to me) but it was very sour and nothing else. I was looking for the freshness of the citrus and green notes, but alas, those were non-existent. I cannot even detect the floral notes.

I have other fragrances that I've had for over 15-20 years (like Estee Lauder's White Linen and Dior's Poison) and they still smell the same now. But I want to assume that Escada's ACTE 2 must have been something special during it's prime since the citrus and floral notes used sound so good. What I got was sort of rancid and sour fruits, which of course, was a sad story indeed. However, go explore, you might get a positive experience with ACTE 2, it's your own story to tell. :)

miki1968
miki1968

i simply love this perfume it is so special so unique...i had it many years ago and i just have got it again...i am really happy to have it again in my collection...i think escada pefumes all have something special in the style of escada

weegee
weegee

I love the odd, grassy note in Escada Acte 2 that reminds me of freshly mowed hay bales stacked in a barn. Yes, there's definitely a bit of a sour note to it but in a very earthy way that I find very appealing in much the same way I enjoy drinking straight tonic water for its "wake me up" bitter bite.

In a fragrance market postively flooded with candy-sweet, fruity-florals (which I enjoy also!) it's so refreshing to come upon something different.

Acte 2 is becoming more expensive and harder to find so imagine my surprise when I found her twin in, of all things, Moschino's Cheap & Chic in the adorable red, black & white Olive Oyl bottle! Truly, in a wrist-to-wrist comparison I can find no difference whatsoever. Cheap & Chic features a prominent coriander note and I was shocked not to see it listed among Acte 2's notes here.

Defnitely a "try before you buy" fragrance but for those of us who like to venture off the beaten path just to see what few others do Acte 2 and Cheap & Chic deserve prominent places in our wardrobes.

Moderate sillage with 8-10 hour longevity.

aray
aray

Does anyone else sense a little pepper (not necessarily pink) in this?? Could I be so wrong? Other than that, I'm actually liking this, but I agree, it's not WOW or anything, it's just a pleasant enough, safe and feminine office scent with a hint of fun and zest but all in all very forgettable. Not Escada's greatest accomplishment, for sure.

Sillage is decent enough, longevity rather disappointing, though (3 hours on my skin).

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts off with prickly citrus top notes, and goes on to become a generic fruity-floral plastic scent with the same synthetic, harsh-woody base and aquatic notes used in so many low-end commercial perfumes. The green citrus and aldehydic notes might be nice were it not for the loud drugstore-clone medley that goes with them.

As it dries down, there appears a sort of a green tea note, which is not spectacular, but an improvement. With time, it gets sweeter, eventually drying down as a pure, moderately sweet fruity-floral. The bottom line is that Acte 2 smells almost exactly like every other fragrance in its genre. It has too much sillage and lasts way longer than it needs to. I like some Escada perfumes, but will probably not be wearing this one.

LIN
LIN

My story is similar to PASSIONATA20's.
I had to have this perfume just because i loved the bottle, then it was a blind purchase and when i smelled it it was nothing like i imagined it to be... and no, i detect no rose here! it's not right with my skin chemistry and it's too much orris i think.
well, as i said, not what i wished for...

passionata20
passionata20

I really liked the bottle and a huge fan of classic Escada, but this one is simply not for me.
Recieved today a bottle of EDP and it smells nothing like i imagined it would smell like.
It was a blind buy.
It is fresh and yet it is bitter with some notes that just don´t suit me well. I think it is tangerine combined with freesia or orris that disturbs me and it is too green to me. I absolutly don´t feel any rose notes in it. But either nor "cat urine" as someone wrote before. It is really just too green and too fresh. Really good to be used as a body mist by the way!
It is just not my type of fragrance, but it smells actually quite nice on my mom.
The best part of it, that it lasts very long both on me and my mom.

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every rewiev should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

nyoka
nyoka

I dissagree!IT is a faint scent.Doesnt slap u in the face in the am!THe tangerineand orange play off each other.slowly,fressia,rose,mimosa,and lovely orris root blend into a soft batter that lasts several hrs.the dry down is like a dessert.cedar swirled with sweet vanilla and cinnomann DO make ur mouth water.No remarable changes in notes,just smooth good smelling fume the whole time.I see rthis more as a day scent ,any season.Lil fruit,lil spice,lilwoody undertone.good for all!

ESCADA ACTE 2 is either very bad--akin to a mixture of burnt plastic and rotten fruit--or else my bottle has transmogrified into a toxic chemical soup. Either way, a caveat emptor is in order.

Some fragrances hold up well holed up in the back of dark closets and armoires; others do not. But even if the juice is not what it used to be, the number of reviewers, including myself, who bought ESCADA ACTE 2 years ago but never used it would seem to suggest something significant...

Sissi
Sissi

plastic plastic plastic PLASTIC! This has to be the Public Enemy no 1 of all
perfumes EGGGGGGGGGGGH I don't know how to Describe this Sjanira is right it does smell like Urine it made me gag
so just now that i dumped the sample in the toilet and throw the cap away
if someone is thing about buying it
DON'T!

ananda
ananda

I like this one. Very feminine, in a cheerful, solar way. It's also sweet, but pleasant, innofensive, still appropriate for daily use.
I have a 4ml miniature bottle of this. The funny thing is it has gone bad, but it doesn't smell bad at all! lol It kind of turned into a body splash: very herbal and fresh, but won't last much more than an hour on skin. It really smells like Mate herb, a very popular plant in Brazil used to make tea, especially iced tea. It's funny how it's really similar now, and it smells good! Hmmm... I feel like a cold drink!

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

I had this when I was 19-20 years old. This scent reminds me watermelons. So fruity and sweet.

Sveta666
Sveta666

10 years it was my #1 signature scent. Love it! I always recieved a ton of compliments when wearing it. It's a scent for the night out, for the night club, dancing. You will be noticable in every crowd with this perfume. I still love it, but I found L'Instant by Guerlian and it got my soul. Escada Act 2 now is waiting for the return on my dressing table:-)I'm pretty sure I'll come back to it. Recently I met my old girlfriend on a facebook (haven't seen her like 10 years) and her first words to me were: I remember your smell! Escada...

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I've got a miniature and the scent is pleasant. May be it's because the scents in miniatures are sometimes better than in the big volumes especially in the old miniatures like mine seems to be.

sjanira
sjanira

I like most Escadas perfumes but this one smells like urine to me. It has a very bitter raunchy smell.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I'm guessing that the tester I have of this is off....all I'm getting is a thick, treacley mead scent!!!

mahanta
mahanta

I like this one very much. On me it smells fresh, but at the same time sophisticated; it's hard to describe it, but in no way I'd call it as "sweet". The note that is most dominant on my skin is freesia and orris, drying down to sandal and vanilla. For me it's No 1 summer scent;)

Nuppu
Nuppu

I do have it, and tested it on today after many, many years rest in a box. It was gone bad (you don't want to know how it smelled today!). But in it's primetime this one was little like Chloe Narsisse, but more lighter.

Escada Acte 2 by Escada 3.15 out of 5 based on 87 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Acte 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada Acte 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Acte 2 by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Acte 2 by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.