Designers » D E » Woody Spicy « Groups

Escada Casual Friday Escada for men

Escada Casual Friday Escada for men
I have it
I had it
I want it
love
like
dislike
winter
spring
summer
fall
day
night
Total people voted: 110
female 25- 25+
male 25- 25+

I have it: 77 I had it: 56 I want it: 85 My signature: 1

main accords
aromatic
warm spicy
floral
fresh spicy
sweet
Pictures
Escada Casual Friday Escada for men Pictures Escada Casual Friday Escada for men Pictures

Casual Friday is a male fragrance introduced in 1999, classified as woody and luxurious, created by Dominique Ropion. Lustful bergamot, coriander, lavender, Cotton-flower, anise, and patchouli are at the top notes, while the heart bumps with spicy floral scents of carnation, lily of the valley, cinnamon, jasmine and cardamom. The base is refreshed by cedar along with earthy notes of oakmoss, patchouli, Tonka bean, vanilla and amber.   

Perfume rating: 4.38 out of 5 with 110 votes.

Perfume Pyramid

Top Notes
Coriander Patchouli Lavender Tarragon Anise Bergamot

Middle Notes
Fruits Carnation Cinnamon Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Cardamom

Base Notes
Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Vanilla Oakmoss Cedar

Main Notes According to Your Votes

Loading...

Longevity

drag slider to vote

User votes
poor 4
 
weak 2
 
moderate 9
 
long lasting 7
 
very long lasting 4
 

Sillage

drag slider to vote

User votes
soft 6
 
moderate 7
 
heavy 11
 
enormous 6
 

This perfume reminds me of  
Bois Secret
1 no yes

Advertisement

Escada Casual Friday Fragrance Reviews

SAAAM
SAAAM

I love it but Unfortunately disconnected.. :(
I couldn´t find anything like it, very sexy and lovely..
What do you think about something like this fragrance? Do you know fragrance like it?

Nov
19
2016
Rerik
Rerik

While I don´t like Escada Pour Homme, I adore Escada Pour Homme Casual Friday.
It´s one of those scents which came above its time.
Casual Friday is a delicious fragrance.
What I get is spicy vanilla.
It might smell like a couple of fragrances but I couldn´t find anything like it.
If it would come out these days it would be a hit.

Oct
03
2016
HorlicksB4Bed
HorlicksB4Bed

@Endymion Your "review" is based on what? Do you own this fragrance, or have you tested it extensively? The way you dismissed it makes it sound like you tried it the once and made a snap judgment on it. I have had le male in my collection since it came out, and let me tell you that Casual Friday smells nothing like it!

Sep
30
2016
smaghoreshi
smaghoreshi

يك ادكلن مردانه و مجلل و شرقي - چوبي - ادويه اي است. با شروعي كمي تند ، به رايحه اي گرم و مطبوع ادويه اي و نتهاي خوراكي و مخلوطي از رايحه مشروبي و شكلاتي تبديل مي شود. نتهاي ادويه اي گرم به همراه ادويه هاي تازه ، بسيار خوشبو و معطر، لذت تجربه رايحه اي منحصر بفرد را بوجود آورده است . در مرحله اول رايحه هاي ترنج و گشنيز و لاوندر و مخصوصا انيس و پچولي كاملا مشخص هستند و سپس در مرحله بعدي رايحه اي ادويه اي گلي ، شامل نتهاي ميخك و گل برف و دارچين و ياس و هل ، رايحه را به مرحله آخر در نت پايه ميرساند كه در آن طراوت چوب سرو به همراه نتهاي خاكي خزه بلوط و پچولي و وانيل و كهربا ، مخلوطي قوي و لطيف و نيمه شيرين ، با بيسي از تونكا را بوجود آورده است.
رايحه اي كه از نت دوم به بعد به مشام ميرسد ، بسيار شبيه رايحه ادكلن Givenchy pi است .
اين ادكلن براي فصول بهار و پاييز و زمستان و مخصوصا براي مصرف در روز پيشنهاد مي شود.
ماندگاري اين ادكلن حدود 6 ساعت بر روي پوست است كه پس از يك ساعت رايحه آن به پوست ميچسبد و از پخش بوي متوسطي برخوردار است.
شيشه مات و خاكي رنگ اين ادكلن با برچسبي چهار رنگ بر روي آن از طراحي ساده ولي قوي برخوردار است.
عليرغم رايحه زيبا و دلنشيني كه اين ادكلن دارد، متاسفانه توليد آن سالهاست كه متوقف شده است و به اين دليل، قيمت بسيار بالايي در بازار دارد.

Sep
10
2016
aliizadi08
aliizadi08

من 75 میل این کار اسکادا رو دارم و مقدار خیلی کمی ازش استفاده کردم.کسی از دوستان برای خرید یا تعویض اگر خواست با من تماس بگیره

Sep
01
2016
rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 8/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :7/10
80% night / 20% day fragrance

Jul
28
2016
Endymion
Endymion

I remember this fragrance. It was just a Le Male copy from that bunch.

Apr
01
2016
jagma69
jagma69

I have got 2 of this (125 mls. 4.2 oz), I picked them up yesterday, in a going-out-of-business sale, here in Córdoba, México, I have to admit it's a delicious scent, not properly I expected, but works more than perfect. Today I aplied just 2 sprayings (nape and chest) and the compliments that I received by co-workers were remarkable; moreover, the personal enjoyment that this fragance gives is outstanding!

If someone of you is interested in buying the other one bottle, send me a private message...

Apr
01
2016
SAAAM
SAAAM

one of the best...
wonderfullllll....

Aug
17
2015
zimatar
zimatar

Scored a vintage 125ml. bottle of this frag and I am so happy it smells similar to the vintage Xeryus in that fancy metallic bottle minus the ash/incense vibe.

Jun
14
2015
xixixipeople
xixixipeople

Tried this one hand on hand with m7..
M7 much better for me...this one just good for me...
No more no less

Jun
10
2015
usas
usas

I wanted to try Casual Friday for over a year and finally bought a bottle.
Nice!
It reminds me of Jean Paul Gaultier's le Male (but more mainstream/safe), mixed with YSL Body Kouros (but less lineair and somewhat fresher) and maybe a bit Lempicka's l'eau Masculin (but less sweet).
The drydown has this lush smell, like it a lot!

8/10

Edit:
Unfortunately my experiences took a turn for the worse. The last few times CF wash harsh and bold, not in a good way. Lineair as well. Maybe I have become pickier about scents!

6/10

Jun
09
2015
picknenders
picknenders

A masculine lavender scent. Just downright pleasant from start to finish. This goes to the top of my rotation.

Nov
18
2014
Bigsly
Bigsly

@Papi: I just saw one (125 ml) sell on ebay for $349.99! I've never tried it and have no interest in it, but something seems to be going on, because there are too many ebay sales at high prices for this to be some sort of attempt to drive up prices (and it's similar for other scents that I think are nothing great, like V Valentino Men). This seems to be the "new reality," whether we like it or not.

May
03
2014
dinis
dinis

It's a chame one of the best fragrance i ever smeld and discontinued :((((

Sep
22
2013
Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

I spray it to my arm and................WOW!!!!!!!
it's just different scent for day and night times, it's a treasure. Good job Dominique Ropion.
Update:
C'mon don't make me dissapointed because I hear this fragrance Discontinued, I tell you, if you have a chance find this fragrance at online store or retail, pretty sure bring this home and take another bottle for backup, I guess you'll never regret it.

Sillage 9/10
Longevity 8/10
Scent 9.5/10

Jun
29
2013
iMale
iMale

First time I received the sample from a friend, I like it.. that was 3 months a go and now I have 5 bottles of this gem. I think it was sold out anywhere here in my country now... :D Lol.
3 days a go I tried 1 spray of Givenchy pi fraische... they're like twin sisters!
For those who looking for escada c friday try it. Get a sample of givenchy pi fraische.

Jun
25
2013
Ups925
Ups925

chocolate anise. Reminds me of soft australian liquorice. Polo double black is the new age version of this but more fruity.

May
21
2013
Paraluman
Paraluman

There are a whole lot of fragrances out there that deserve to be discontinued, but certainly not this gem.

I'm a woman and I love wearing it. It gets really sweet on my skin and the hint of aftershave keep people guessing. Top notes smell typically of men's cologne, but wait till you get to the dry down where the woody notes mingle with chocolate, creating something sweet, bitter and aromatic all at the same time.

The perfect fragrance for when i want to be taken seriously ;)

Jan
20
2013
1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Am desperate for this fragrance, but no way on Earth is it worth what people are trying to get, no wonder they haven't sold. Back to this tho, do I remember smells of Chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla?

Dec
23
2012
dromidreza
dromidreza

چه بوی عجیبی داشت.یادش بخیر.دوستش داشتم

Jun
16
2012
ericrico
ericrico

This is decent stuff. I smelled the fragrance when it was available and actually own a couple 50ml of the after shave balm. Good - but not spectacular. It is its name in a bottle - I see this as a nice warm weather scent that is semi-sweet. The olfactory notes here are not overwhelming...for me, mostly tonka bean mixed with a little anise and some citrus. A dash of cardamom and cedar, but there is very little woodiness - just an aromatic note. I will refrain from bashing it, because it isn't bad. But - a masterpiece? No, but Monsieur Ropion's name is behind it...so, perhaps a little hyped? Decent, but for a casual Friday on holiday at the beach or on a patio...7/10.

Jan
27
2012
jayscotch34
jayscotch34

Please re-issue this!!!!!!!!

Nov
14
2011
Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I'm surprised that there are not more people gaga over this stuff. It is sort of an anisey Le Male with a touch of wood. There is a strong anise vanilla lavender combo going on over a very subtle woody tonka base. If you like Le Male and you like anise, as many do, it would seem you would love this. Judging by the price it goes for, many do love it. Apparently, it is not readily available anymore, and the last remaining bottles are going at a premium. I have to say it is unique as far as fragrances go. Though it smells like a combination of other fragrances, there are no others that smell like this. All you Le Male fans that are sick of smelling like the others, give this a try. Not only does it smell better, but you will likely be the only one wearing it.
Actually, this is closer to Tabacco Vanille than Le Male. The sillage and longevity of this stuff is off the charts!

Aug
24
2011
RicardoSweet
RicardoSweet

I found a new bottle at Goodwill,as a worker we could pick from toiletries they don't resale them.This is the cologne a man should wear.I would wear it in place of Ralph Lauren Safari.

Jun
07
2011
Papi
Papi

To all you people reading it, whom are selling it online for a price +120 dollars a botle;

****You should be ashamed of your self!****

May
12
2011
Dimitris
Dimitris

This is one of the understated and relatively unknown perfumes out there and it's a pity it has been discontinued (unless you want to pay a three-digit figure on ebay). It's subtle and fresh, while it has a comfortable and relaxed warmth - an ideal day fragrance in my opinion.

Feb
24
2011
guest_
guest_

Why would they discontinue this cologne?
The smell is fantastic!!! were can I purchase it? Please I need this cologne!!!

Dec
11
2010
guest_Kenya
guest_Kenya

What happened to this cologne??? I have never written a cologne review before but I have to say this was the best cologne ever! One day, in the crowded streets of downtown Nairobi, a street urchin was hovering right under my arms. I move-he moves with me. He didnt want money-he just wanted to keep smelling me :-) best compliment ever.

Nov
10
2010
mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Hi

UPDATE

This is really OUTSTANDING fragrance i cant stop my self using it every day & night i think im in love with this one.
I dont know why this is not so popular becoz its just far better from many other popular fragrances .
Now i can call it a MASTERPIECE from SCADA.

Jul
07
2010
mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

hi

Lucky me , finally i put my hand on this scarce masterpiece yesterday , i couldnt believe my self , why people say it is discontinued .
This is a very sophisticated scent you just cannot stop smelling it , what a wounderful combination of bergamot,lavender and patchouli.
very good longevity specially on clothes and sillage is also gr8.
Really amaazing.
This one should be a must have for any perfume lover.
definetely it is one of my favourate.

Jul
05
2010
Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

If you miss this discontiued perfume. Try "Fahrenheit Absolute". It smells just like this but with a splash of the original Fahrenheit.

Note: They wouldn't let me take a real sample at the store,
only on paper.

May
26
2010
ravjan
ravjan

Yet another wonderful scent that got discontinued! Do scent makers ever listen to what people love and want???
It has everything I love in perfume: sweet, spicy and woody notes. Very versatile - good to be worn during the day as well as - contrary to what the name suggests - on very formal occasions! It's delicious!
If only I could lay my hands on it..

Mar
15
2010
guest_Mr. potato
guest_Mr. potato

It's scarce

Mar
11
2010
guest_ouzo
guest_ouzo

Can't find a place in London UK to buy this perfume that was made for me, would appreciate any help in pointing me to the direction of this gem.

Nov
22
2009
tommy_girl
tommy_girl

I know so many people don't wear this fragrance or even don't know about it,but it's under-rated.
it starts with sharp,soapy and a bit bitter smelling.lavender is dominant.it starts the same way as Escada into the blues and like that perfume,this one has a much better middle notes.
it becomes delicious,yet manly with a hint of tropical fruits that I like more than anything in it.
it ends with spicy notes mixed with bitterness of oakmoss.
by the way,Dominique Ropion is very famous and has made so many of my favorite perfumes.I'm surprised that this one is not as successful as some of her legendary perfumes(alien,tresor,euphoria,very irresistible..)but I can say that it deserve trying if you can find it in stores.

Jun
20
2009
darren
darren

it's exactly what a man should smell like.at first smell I though,God,it's repetetive,even similar to Axe eau de colognes!but after some minutes it becomes more warm,with some woody and fruity undescribeable notes.what catches my eye about this fragrance is that it never becomes overwhelming.it's very light,though it can not be ignored.that's the point and did I mentioned that it's sexy too?!

Dec
06
2008
sandal
sandal

It's a very, soft, sexy and masculine smell

Jul
24
2008

Add Your Review

Become a member of this online perfume community and you will be able to add your own reviews.

Sponsored offers:

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Casual Friday fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Escada Escada Casual Friday, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Casual Friday by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Casual Friday by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Advertisement

People who like this also like
Chanel Egoiste Gucci Gucci pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent M7 Gucci Gucci Pour Homme II Chanel Antaeus Escada Escada pour Homme Gucci Envy for Men Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros Lalique Encre Noire Rochas Rochas Man Hermes Terre d'Hermes Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme Escada Escada Magnetism for Men Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Versace Versace Man Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men Thierry Mugler Mugler Cologne Christian Dior Fahrenheit Chanel Egoiste Platinum

Advertisement

Popular brands and perfumes: