Designers » D E » Floral Fruity « Groups

Escada Island Kiss 2011 Escada for women
dislike

tropical
Escada Island Kiss 2011 Escada for women Pictures

Escada Island Kiss is a fragrance inspired by Caribbean beach, fragrant coasts, salty air and lush notes of fruit and flower. Top notes include orange, passion flower and mango highlighting that this is an exotic edition refreshed with aquatic, juicy and fruity peach notes combined with magnolia in a heart. Base notes add woody notes and sensual musk. The fragrance is available in a blue flacon as 30, 50 and 100ml EDT. Escada Island Kiss 2011 was launched in 2011.

Orange Passion Flower Mango

Peach Magnolia

Musk Woodsy Notes Red Berries

Island Kiss
Pacific Paradise

Escada Island Kiss 2011 Fragrance Reviews

Yosa

Island Kiss is somewhat toned down compared to Escada's other tropical editions. Mango, magnolia and passion flower notes are prominent on my skin.

Beneath the fruitiness there's a cool/aquatic undertone to it, perhaps due to magnolia and musk? It made me think of Elizabeth Arden's Mediterranean, which I'm not a big fan of.

I am a fan of Escada though and have never been let down by their fragrances, but I have to admit this was a letdown. It even gave me a headache, which I never get from Escada fragrances!

Yosa

Interestingly enough Island Kiss lost 6 notes in the remake - that's a significant difference!

The other two Escada's remakes of 2011 (Sexy Graffiti & Rockin' Rio) had only minor changes made to them.

Why change it so much? Doesn't it become a totally different fragrance?

dovey
dovey

Far awayyyy on a tropical beach
Sun is so bright & hot, I am swimming in a turquoise Sea water , waves are splashing on my face
& I am biting a ripe aromatic mango
& then I say to my self I'm staying here all day until the sun starts to set.........
:) :)
Well
That's exactly how I feel every time I spray this perfume
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tropical - Fruity - Aquatic- Sweet- Cheerful -Takes you places

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

Very tropical-sweet fragrance! I want to eat it :P Great for Summer like the other Escada Summer fragrances! You will be happy with a such happy fragrance :) love it!

Longevity is TOP! Can still smell it in the morning after!

leighhannah
leighhannah

This one seems to have greater longevity than the other Escada summer scents I have. It's been 7 hours and I can still smell it. Very nice. There certainly is a time and place for these light, uncomplicated EDTs.

It's one of those floral fruity sweet perfumes. I didn't find anything that would make it more special compared to other sweet floral-fruity fragrances.
I think it's all mango and some magnolia but no musk, wood notes or red berries.
A little offensive at the beginning.
Maybe suitable for teenagers.

ArdenEras
ArdenEras

I love how this fragrance smells on paper, it's quite nice, nothing too special but a sweet fruity summer smell that is very easy to wear. Well, on my skin it's nothing like that, the citrus starts acting up and it's not pretty. On me this scent is very strong and more apropriate for a summer night.

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

it smells like a bad -trying to be "cool water" .in my opinion. its also so boring. i guess you hate me now lol

Layzie
Layzie

Delicious. One of my coworkers wears this one, and I love working by her. Mango is the most prominent note, while there is an orange and floral essence around it. It is sweet but not cloying in any way. Island Kiss is a soft, pleasant, and simple fragrance which seems to have the ability create a blithe ambience.

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

Honestly, it's probably the mango, but I smell pineapple. And then just peach and flowers. It's a cute scent, but very familiar. Of course if you had to classify it, you'd say it's more of a summer scent, but I like the way it behaves on my skin against the chilly air.

red gloves
red gloves

Really nice, happy summer fragrance, very light and sweet, but not headache sweet. Loved it, but I get tired of it, although it's pretty cool.

sand and surf
sand and surf

This is perfect for summer! Clean and sweet. Fruity and fresh. I spray this on during the day and still get whiffs of this the next day!!!! I love it! It is a fun and youthful scent that is appealing to the nose.
This is not bitter or sour AT ALL, like some are saying!

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

Just bought this on my holiday in Lanzarote. it smells peachy and tropical with a bit of musk. Its very sweet light fragrance but doesn't last very well on the skin but still love it i just apply it more often.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

It smells like mango fruit juice on me

wind83
wind83

My third escada , i'm looking something beach, warm sunny day, glad im buying this stuff.

Mango, alittle orange.. and musk, well i will wear tommorow and give it a try.
Want to know the longevity and silage.

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

This is the best out of 3, i can smell mango very intense, it's beautiful... close your eyes and take a sniff, then you're instantly brought to a wonderful summer island, i love love love this!!!

goingblonde
goingblonde

This one was so bitter

More like grapefruit then Orange -

and it just stayed that way never changed .

Anyone liking grapefruit notes or heavy citrus may enjoy this one :)

sarahjayne.sanders
sarahjayne.sanders

Island Kiss is a very sharp sour/sweet fruity scent,the first notes I get from this are lots of mango and some orange in the background. When it has dried down there is some muskiness to it and the fragrance becomes less sharp. The scent stays very close to the skin and only lasts for about 1-2 hours on me. Personally I don't particularly like this scent as it gives me a headache sometimes. I definitely prefer the other two perfumes which Escada re-released along with this one (Sexy Graffiti and Rockin' Rio).

subhawee
subhawee

young, fruity, sour and reminded me first of papaya. liked the scent and bought it on a whim because it was on sale. It doesn't last long on me at all. disappointed.

Fleur_Nuit
Fleur_Nuit

At first I smell a burst of mango and a bit of orange, then the mango becomes a bit softer and I smell some flowers. At first sniff it's really good, but it doesn't take very long to become too syrupy for my taste. It smells kind of cheap to me... Staying power didn't impress me either. I remember when they released Pacific Paradise, I liked it so much, I wish they'd bring it back!

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

When I bought this it was the last bottle of Island Kiss in the store. This is definitely a summer fragrance, as what I smell whenever I wear this one is mango and citrus. It's not very strong and the lasting power isn't the best, but I still love it and I'm really glad I got it before they were all sold out.

AirCitrusWater
AirCitrusWater

I bought this accidetally while looking for the original I had years and years ago.

It's not exactly the same and not as good.

I found the original at a fleemarket so I compared them side by side.

The older one is sweeter, the new one is sharper.

When they discontinued the one I loved I was very bereft. Took me forever to find replacements.

Inesis
Inesis

I love Island Kiss! I bought it this spring for my 21th birthday as a present for myself and have absolutely adored it since.

I'm not a person to care about seasons in fragrances. I wear what I want to wear be it sunny or snowy, and so I wore Island Kiss on this grey, cold, rainy day. It really lifts my mood! How can someone be blue when there is something like this to sniff?

Very sweet and fruity, just the way I mostly like my fragrances. I even get the tiniest hint of aquatics, though it might be just the overall freshness. On the other hand, it doesn't change much if at all. What you smell at first is pretty much what you get.

Many of Escadas summer scents smell pretty much the same. When this is gone, I don't think I'll keep mourning for long. I just buy a bottle of some other Escada!

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

Starts out great, sour and crisp and refreshing, dries down to sweet, sweeter and sweeter still.. until it is gone, in 2 hours. This is super, wish it would last longer :(

frosting712
frosting712

I got a sample in the mail to see if it was true... was Island Kiss coming back and would it smell the same?? If you are the fan of the original have no fear! The reproduction is spot on. I personally could not find any difference.

A tangy, strong, fruity, very beachy summery fragrance. Uplifting, spunky, flirty is how I would describe it. Very fruity sweet more than I would ever call it sugary sweet. It's basically a tropical fruit salad of mango, passion fruit, pineapple and an injection of lemon/lime to give it some extra pop.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

This too has a sour sweetness to it, maybe its the passion flower, that mixed with tropical is alright but i cant get over the sourness to it
Maybe if they put a orchid instead?
overall its pretty good

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Escada Island Kiss is the most magnificent mango scent you will ever smell! This is a fruit bomb of passion flower and sweet mango with white peach and blonde woods in the dry down. Makes me want to sail the Caribbean! Perfect for summer!

Bright and joyful summer fragrance by Escada!

Most of all I feel the orange, mango, peach and passion flower notes in it.

It smells similar to Sunset Heat and Rockin' Rio 2011 by Escada, too, by the peach note.

I like this fragrance! This orange feeling joy can make the summer more fun by bringing the good mood:) Perfect for a vacation on the seaside!

m4
m4

This one is nice. Most prominent on me is orange, mango and magnolia. The scent is clean. But where´s is the staying power? It stayed on me just 5 minutes and than everything is gone. Pity cuz it sounded so good. :-(

I'm not certain as to how this fragrance compares with the original Island Kiss, but this new release is definitely a pleasant one. I'm enjoying this fragrance far better than the re-released version of Sexy Graffiti.

I'm guilty of mocking Escada and their fruitiness sometimes, although I must admit that they compose sweet and fruity scents well. Island Kiss is what I'd call pretty and flirtatious. The perfect Summer scent for a girl that just wants to have fun.

Island Kiss opens with sweet, juicy mango and orange. I like that it smells sugary without becoming too syrupy and thick. It actually has a slightly clean feel to it, like the scent of a good quality shampoo. This fragrance thankfully doesn't turn sour on the skin.

I can see how some could classify this fragrance as an aquatic, as it does evoke a sense of beachy-ness, however I picture a sweet, fruity beverage, like an exotic cocktail when I smell Island Kiss. It's a fruity floral to my nose, from beginning to end.

The composition is a little linear, although it doesn't bother me in the slightest. The less complex scents are during Summer, the nicer they wear during the heat of the day, at least in my opinion. I would quite happily wear Island Kiss, and this is coming from someone that usually detests fruity scents. If that doesn't shout out my praise, then I don't know what will.

The sillage is fairly average, however I found the longevity much more promising. It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. Unfortunately, like every other Escada release, Island Kiss is a limited edition, so I would snap it up while you still can.

TheMirjam12
TheMirjam12

it is the best of the 3. from 2011... 2 me it smells littlebit like soap. but it is very sweet, fruity and i think i smell a little rose in it... but yes, it is very good fragrance.

Angelicax1
Angelicax1

This perfume is definitely not sophisticated in the least, but it's a fun fragrance for Summer if you love fruity scents. Sometimes I feel like fruity perfumes like this are overpriced, simply because they don't last very long and I could probably get a similar-smelling body spray from the mall for under $15.
Anyways, I do like this perfume, but I only bought the purse spray because I have a hard time commiting to scents that smell like any other fruity perfume on the market. This one reminds me of the original Ed Hardy for her with it's mango-y floral composition. Escada Island Kiss is a little fresher and lighter smelling, but still not very memorable. I like that the passion flower kindof smooths out the fruityness and keeps it from being entirely candy-like.
This perfume is fun but not interesting or unique. I like it, but would not repurchase.

Hrisi
Hrisi

Somewhere I mention that the original Island Kiss is much better than this, but yesterday in a mall I was sprinkled with plenty of this fragrance and radically changed my mind. It's an incredible perfume, citrus-fruity, slightly floral. Crisp and refreshing fruit cocktail. I love passion fruit, which is the main ingredient in this fragrance. This fragrance is suitable for summer, tropical vacation, filled with many emotions and good mood.
Even my man, who prefers flower scents appreciate it very high.

Veronicajg123
Veronicajg123

i absolutely love this it smells soo fruity and so fresh and its amazing. I do not find it to be too sweet though, it is just right. I savor my bottle because id use it all in a week if i let myself

Tailor-Made
Tailor-Made

It's very fruity and tropical. To me it smells like melon and a bit of papaya. Although is very fresh and summery, to me is very sweet...I would prefer it a little more watery and less sugary.
I must also say that it has a good lasting power and it's my favourite one of the trio.

angeldoll
angeldoll

My favorite scent of the trio. Its so smooth and luscious. Perfect for cuddling with your partner on the beach:) My boyfriend was with me when I tried this perfume. He fell in love with this scent. I have it buy it. Perfect for summer! And bottle is super cute:)

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Out of the limited edition 2011 scents, this one is my second favorite. I like the scent so much, it's very fresh and not overly sweet. However, I JUST sprayed this on myself an hour ago and I can't even smell it on my wrist. That alone will be the reason why I won't be buying this perfume :(
If only it lasted....

EDIT 4/30/12: This is now my favorite scent but the lasting power still sucks! I'm not sure if I want to buy a full bottle of this yet.

Booogie
Booogie

Aquatic, juicy, sweet. I smell a lot of mango and pineapple which I really enjoy in its juiciest phase but this lasts about 30 minutes before drying down to a slightly fruity musk.

Island Kiss could be Cool Water's little sister because of the aquatic, fruity-tropical vibes. Island Kiss is much sweeter and more lovable I think. If only it lasted longer... Cute new edition though :)

sarage
sarage

Tested this one today. First it reminds me of Marine Groove (which I have) but after a while I noticed the difference. This is not so strongly a passion fruit scent, it has other fruit, too.
It is very sweet in a way I don't like. Not for me.

DaZeD
DaZeD

I love the scent but the sillage as mentioned before and the longevity is just bad, i bought this for my wife and after a while i couldn't detect it at all, the quality sucks but the price isn't that high either, so i dunno, maybe it's fair, on the other hand, you need to spray a lot of it to make it work, so.

Smells a LOT like Sexy Graffiti, but this one has a little sour touch to it wich makes me love it a little more.

9/10 for the scent.
5/10 for longevity.
4/10 for sillage, it's just bad.

luckylilac6
luckylilac6

all the Escada perfumes are morphing into one.

Gigi86
Gigi86

Very nice and long lasting scent wich triggers my imagination.
When i tested it on my wrist i felt i was on my last holiday again!

passionata20
passionata20

this is not quite the same as the original one, like previous user mentioned it is indeed a softer and turned down version of the original "Island Kiss". It shares some similar notes with the rest of reeditions but is indeed more aquatic. Light tropical-aquatic scent it is. This i my second favorite from reedition series. But sillage and lasting power could be better.

Gandhilama
Gandhilama

This is a softer lighter version of Pacific Paradise by Escada. It's great since PP is discontinued but if you have one you really don't need the other. This also smells very similar to the yellow bottle Rock in Rio, I wish their scents were a little more diverse, this keeps me from purchasing all of them.

If I had to pick one. This one would be it.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I love the Escadas and am happy they brought this one back. It starts off rather aquatic and fresh and then develops a tropical fruity base. Great choice for the summer...reminds me of hot caribbean nights.

RoseAmongThorns
RoseAmongThorns

This fragrance was originally released around 2001. It is an AMAZING fragrance. Very fruity! So glad it is back!

Escada Island Kiss 2011 by Escada 4.07 out of 5 based on 349 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Island Kiss 2011 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada Island Kiss 2011, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Island Kiss 2011 by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Island Kiss 2011 by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.