Designers » D E » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Escada Magnetism Escada for women
dislike

I have it: 1145 I had it: 759 I want it: 784 My signature: 49

caramel
Escada Magnetism Escada for women Videos Escada Magnetism Escada for women Videos
Escada Magnetism Escada for women Pictures Escada Magnetism Escada for women Pictures Escada Magnetism Escada for women Pictures Escada Magnetism Escada for women Pictures

Escada Magnetism by Escada is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Escada Magnetism was launched in 2003. Escada Magnetism was created by Steve Demercado and Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are pineapple, black currant, melon, red berries, cassia and litchi; middle notes are magnolia, iris, green leaves, freesia, basil, jasmine, caraway, heliotrope, lily-of-the-valley, rose and almond blossom; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, benzoin, caramel, vetiver and vanilla.

Pineapple Black Currant Melon Red Berries Cassia Litchi

Magnolia iris Green Leaves Freesia Basil Jasmine Caraway Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Almond Blossom

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Benzoin Caramel Vetiver Vanilla

Provocative Interlude

Escada Magnetism Fragrance Reviews

auroramaria
auroramaria

Magnetism is in my opinion the best out of all the Escada fragrances.It's very well crafted and the green notes are very well mixed with caramel vanilla and amber giving Magnetism a very sweet and creamy feel.
However when I bought a back up bottle last month, I tried it and noticed that the basil note is very prominent making the fragrance a bit less creamy and delicious so it must have been reformulated at some point cause my older bottle smells fabolous the new one I got smells so and so

nelise29
nelise29

I bought this as a blind buy at Ross. I don't really detect the caramel note. It is sweet, more of a cotton candy sweet. It smells very similar to P. H. Can can and hope, love denim.

antihero
antihero

Magenetism is more than the usual gourmand.
I find this sweet, yes, but the greeness give this a fresh appeal and the basil is noticeable and pleasant.

Later the iris gives Magnetism a powdery feel and the amber and sandalwood bring a nice depth.

Of course there is caramel, vanilla and berries, and I like those notes, however this is more than a sweet scent. I adore this.

shivabglr
shivabglr

One of the best gourmand/comfy scents!

I can't understand what the perfumers had in mind when they decided to add things like basil and cassia...

maybe they thought it adds more depth? in this case I'm not sure coz it gives this amazing combination a sticky vegetable juice vibe and comes too close to almost destroying the whole appeal of it...

thank God it soon fades away and all that remains is the sweetest, most delicious and sophisticated caramel!

drydown is basically pure caramel!

I wore it about six months ago on a beautiful winter day in a heavy snow,
so many great memories!
and a smell that stayed on my scarf for many weeks!

comforting, deep and seducing!

I hope it never gets discontinued,
but a reformulation to make the raw tomato go away wouldn't be bad lol!

bonnie52
bonnie52

I smell no caramel or fruit. What I do smell is sweet and green and a bit powdery. I really like it! The longevity is pretty good but nothing ever lasts long on my skin. Glad I bought it : )

Mnekb
Mnekb

It's one of the worst perfume i've ever tried. It should be named "Terrible Headache". It smells like melting plastic mixed with caramel and boiled with vegetables. It makes me wanna puke, punch a wall, cry and puke again. My mom used to wear this and me, my father and my sister run away from her. She had to change her perfume, eventually.

energia

After reading all the great reviews and so many ingredients I love (caramel, vanilla, black currant), I've bought it without trying. Big mistake! I just can't stand the basil note, it feels like if you mix sugar with vegetables. Not my favourite, I will probably forward it.

ohrite
ohrite

Finally, Magnetism is back in my collection again. I wore this a lot when I was between 17 and 23, always got compliments on it. I also repurchased it several times, until I got bored of it I guess. When I discovered Fragrantica, I started being too curious about other perfumes so I kept buying perfumes that were new to me & my nose. But today I received it again in a swap, and I'm so happy! It's partially because of all the memories it brings back, but also it is a really good perfume! I like that it is strong, sweet & fresh at the same time. It feels like "home" to me. <3

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

A decade ago I owned the Magnetic Beat (little sister of Magnetism) and a never smelled nothing like that, it was my little treasure. So sweet but nothing alike I had smelled before)

Magnetism is stronger! Still very sweet and fruity, strong, UNIQUE! I love it so much! Got it from a swap and I'm so happy with it!! All year around fragrance when you're a gourmand-lover!! :)

Great longivity and sillage! 5*

arenee92
arenee92

My mom gave this to me after she got bored with it in her collection. I like it, it's not something I reach for often, though. I've kept it for my "night" fragrance. It's sweet, caramel-y, slightly fruity, but not in a "young" way. It's not a teeny-bopper fragrance, but it isn't too mature where it isn't wearable for women of all ages. I'm honestly surprised that THAT many notes are listed, because it smells kind of linear and just "sweet" to me. I smell a lot of licorice in this, and it kind of throws me off....to me this is Fantasy's older, sexier sister.

It's got a nice silage, nothing crazy, but it's not a skin scent either. I find it lasts about 4+ hours.

I don't wear this often, but I do get a lot of compliments on it. One of my best guy friends always tells me that I smell good when I wear this. Definitely not your typical Escada fragrance!

ismellsogood

What a beautiful scent. On first spritz and big smile leaps onto my face. Any perfume that makes me giggly and happy is a brilliant perfume. Sexy too. Men turn their heads and it is just alluring. Love this honestly well worth the spend. Brilliant, gorgeous, juicy, sweet and sexy and fun.

raunchy
raunchy

So much memory with this when i was young. I went out a lot for party. This one was my party partner for awhile. When i was drunk in love, when i was high...

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

This smells almost identical to Ligne St. Barth "Fleur de Cannes a Sucre", a lot of tasty caramel, sugared pineapple and fruits. And that's exactly why I have to have it. :)

My mother has the St. Barth perfume and I always wanted a bottle for myself because it is so delicious. But it's pretty expensive... Now I came across Escade Magnetism.
How perfect!

ellina1984
ellina1984

Escada magnetism opens with something resembling an exotic fruit salad seasoned with basil. I know it sounds weird, but it's very interesting. This opening doesn't last long. Very soon (less than 7 minutes) the vanilla comes forth. It is adorned by the basil and other green notes, that make it somewhat fresher and temper its usual sweetness. I smell a caramely benzoin, and a nicely done, discreet vetiver as a background. This starts off relativeley fresh for a vanilla-y scent, and becomes creamier as time goes by.
For some reason, this smells different when dabbed that when sprayed (does thsi make sense?). I find spraying magnifies the green notes, whereas dabbing amplifies the vanillic aspect. I prefer to dab (I love vanilla - if anyone has any suggestions for a creamy, dreamy vanilla, I would really appreciate it!).

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This would smell sooo lovely, if it weren`t for the very strong tomato note.

It`s so WEIRD to make this sweet, vanillic, caramel perfume, and then throw in a bunch of red TOMATOES in the mix! Very schizofrenic.

basma gamal
basma gamal

vanilla caramel that all I detect and it is a good thing because vanilla reduced the over sweetness of caramel for me so I love it any one smell it on me love it

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I'm a lover of gourmands, but the green in this came out too much on me. I sold it. I also bought Desire Me for the gourmand notes, but that doesn't work on me either. Bummer.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

What i like about this perfume is that it's not too sweet nor too fruity, it is balanced. A nice perfume that i won't buy again.

stardust808

i am so crushed to learn that this has been discontinued...it's getting so that i'm afraid to like anything anymore because every time i fall in love with something it vanishes...sigh

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I can definitely smell Obsession for men in it that someone below mentioned. On first blast, it's the fruity smell I want but after that it turns really masculine on me. Not what I was looking for. Lesson learned - 'fruity' doesn't always equate to 'young and girly'

ismellsogood

This perfume is sexy. I am a yummy seductress in this one LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.Strong , longlasting and moreish

jdokicfan
jdokicfan

Never thought id say that sweet and green notes go together well, or that i like it!

Beautiful! At first all i can smell is green notes with a tiny bit of caramel/sweetness in the background but then it really dries down to be a more equal amount of both which is stunning.

gwmagic77
gwmagic77

Blind buy based on reviews. I find this a perfume to wear at night...very sweet and spicy at the same time cant really explain it

Edit: cant stand it now...too heavy and cloying

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

It's different now than it was ten years ago... isn't it? Sure, it's still sweet and loud and overtly sexy. Caramel, vanilla and pineapple, even a little basil are all still around. But, my latest bottle lacks that abstractly kinda sparkly, peppery, effervescent tingle that I remember. I never even knew what note (or notes) caused that, but it's definitely lost. I almost expected it would be gone, but bought it anyway. I'm in mourning...

camaral
camaral

Escada Magnetism is what I respectfully put into the category "hot mess". To me, it smells like a mixture of Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Obsession for men, Joop! Homme, with a smidge of Aquolina Pink Sugar or Jimmy Choo.
It could certainly qualify as unisex.

deda147
deda147

My best friend from high school used to wear this one. I remember swooning every single time she wore this fragrance. It was sweet, but not in a cloying way. Too bad her sister stole it from her haha. It reminds me of our great time together every time I smell it.

Fast forward 5 years. Lately I have been gravitating towards the female fragrance counter since I tend to find female fragrance compositions a lot more interesting. I was looking around at Fragrantica and encountered this old friend and discovered that I really liked the notes. Even though I couldn't excaTly remember how it smelled I decided to blind buy it. And I sure am glad I did.

The fragrance opens up with a really fresh blast of freshly cut leaves. It transitions into a more light fruity leafy smell. Later on the flowers come into play, giving it some sweetness, at least in my opinion. The basenotes show up rather quick: a warm, caramel/benzoin/vanilla combo.

I can't distinguish a lot of the notes apart from each other. You could imagine freshly cut leaves adorned with fruit on top, and finally drizzled with a gorgeous, rich caramel sauce. That's the impression it gives me and I simply love it. On my male skin it doesn't become cloying at all, it's rather perfectly balanced. Guys should really consider this one: it's a more mellow, sweeter version of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin but it has the same freshness that makes LLaM so wonderful.

I can't determine how strong the sillage is though. It seems like it gravitates between a skin scent and a scent that hovers around you, 1 feet distance. It embraces you like your favourite scarf: you get wafts of it all day. The lasting power is superb: I can still smell it 16 hours later. I can't recommend this one enough!

One thing I noticed is that it seems it's still in production, even though others mentioned it's discontinued. My batch code says it was produced in November 2013....

energia

Very strong, in your face perfume. I believe it has similar structure like Angel, but Angel made all notes in perfect balance. This one seems that it followed the same principle - sweetness + patchuli + fruits but somehow it appears unbalanced and chaotic.

Very deliciously sweet in my opinion. Fruity and juicy. At some point there was a little too much juice for me, it felt like tropical juice with artificial sweetener.
But it calmed down and became delicious again.
Still, there are other sweet fragrances I would choose over this like Loverdose, Prada Candy (because of the caramel) and many Nina Ricci's perfumes.
Very girly, suitable for young women.

Soutty123
Soutty123

At first this reminded me of Angel Innocent and I thought I had wasted my money. Then I smelled them side by side and found that Angel Innocent is much colder and sharper, like opening the door on a January morning.

By contrast, Magnetism is soft and warm but it has the same clean fresh vibe that Angel Innocent has. I find it more wearable as I can't smell it all the time but just occasionally get lovely wafts, sometimes sweet, sometimes powdery, sometimes green which I suddeny realise is me. My husband really liked it - he said it really suited my skin which was another bonus, as was the price.

A new favourite!

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

The hot pink bottle and Escada name convinced me that this was going to be a very sweet and fruity scent similar to their summer scents, but with lots of vanilla. Magnetism opens with a greenness that is fig-like on my skin, though this note is not listed. The drydown is a softly spicy and sweet powder with a hint of vanilla. Pleasant scent with moderate sillage and longevity. A little more 'oomph' than a skin scent, but it's more subtle than other fragrances in this category. I like it!

kamala22
kamala22

I love sweet, fruity perfumes, but this one's just too spicy on me...& ot that sweet kike others have mentioned..waste of money :(

jazzyjazzy
jazzyjazzy

Blind buy this perfume few years ago because it was on sale in an online shop. I never tried any Escada perfumes before, and that time I just didn't bother searching the notes in this perfume.

So, the first spritz, it just suddenly hit me with overly sweet smell. Cloying, lingering, seemed like never end. Candy like, almost edible some sort of, mixed with fruits. That's the very first time I knew, sweet fruity fragrances are just not my cup of tea.

I guess this kind of fragrance just didn't do well with my body chemistry nor my nose.

alicektn
alicektn

Cherries were never so grownup and sexy. On my skin, the center of the composition is cherries, surrounded by green notes, freesia and caramel. Magnetism is an exciting fragrance full of contrasts.

Dee5
Dee5

I just got this and I haven't worn it but I sprayed a little to test and my goodness! What a beautiful scent! This scent is a work of art! I think this just might replace my signature. I still need to test the silage. It can imagine it would make one feel and smell like a vixen. This is just beautiful! And they say this is discontinued? Why would Escada retire such a masterpeice? I need to buy as many backups as I can find then. But first I still need to wear it to confirm my good feelings about it.

RobLyn
RobLyn

Escada Magnetism for women

Not an overly sophisticated fragrance, but feminine and light hearted because sometimes you want something that makes you feel all girly and sexy in a slightly naughty way. This is fruity sweet with a touch of spicy and an underplaying scent of floral. Not a fragrance I personally would wear to the office, but great for going out after work or on weekends.

yuzu22
yuzu22

This is my very favorite fragrance. It is very sweet with all the berries but spicy. My sister says I smelt great everytime I wear and wants to borrow it. I think it is the cassia that gives it a snap everytime I first spray, it is like fresh leaves ripped apart in my hands. I love it. The dry down with the caramel candies is wonderful and lasts on me all the day. Very wonderful sweet fragrance.

KellieB
KellieB

Mmmmm...delicious.

milenamp
milenamp

Oh, what kind of perfume is that!? Divine!
On first spray, it is fresh, green, woody but warm. As time goes by, it stars to be more warm, cosy and sweet. All the time, like music in the background, there is some magical note which i can't describe, there is no words for it - just know that is really magic, sexy and misterious.
This perfume is like a women wearing smooth, silky nightdress, and with slowly moves , she start to put that dress down, showing her warm and softly body...
Perfect for winter, and because those fresh notes it can be wearable through warmer days, but not summer; i guess it would smell somehow dirty on summer…in a bad way :D
Generally, wonderfull and unique perfume!

maria_aaa
maria_aaa

There is so much going on in this perfume. It's sweet, fruity, floral, woodsy and green. I like it! It all sort of works together to create this magical scent. It is a little strong at first. It has been five hours since I have sprayed Magnetism and i can't stop smelling it!

Very, very sexy fragrance. I had it when I was a student and liked very sweet scents. I can confirm that guys love it. It is powerful and energetic, surely attracts attention.

MikaylaCrosby
MikaylaCrosby

I heard guys love the smell, but on my skin it ends up smelling like maple syrup. I think I'll have to spray it on my clothes instead.

naaym.agecra

Mmmmmm... this is so good, I am loving it even more now :)and I get lots of compliments from girls, esp. guys. It is warm, sweet, sexy. Best wear on fall & winter. :)
GUYS LOVE THIS ♥

ayarniknit
ayarniknit

Wow. This is my first time writing a review here, but I absolutely love this scent and therefore I had to! I bought a mini intending to try out some other escada fragrances since I liked their summer fruity offerings. Upon first spritz, I was overpowered by the sharpness of the scent. Fruity and floral at the same time with a little too much punch. However, after letting it settle for 20 minutes, it slowly became this lovely, rich, smooth blend of berry fruits and wood with a touch of clean florals. Could not stop sniffing myself, none of the notes stood out much from the others but the overall effect was classy, divine, and interesting.

Sillage and longevity are suitable for day to day wear. I've been obsessed with spraying this on my neck and sometimes on my scarf so I can duck my head into it on chilly days. It exudes warmth and power without being overwhelming and I had to purchase the 2.5oz within a week of testing it out.

Update: A week since I got my first full size bottle and have worn it everyday since! Yes, the opening scent still smells green and very sharp and a little bit like how your hands would smell after catching ladybugs all day but it goes away! I smell more musk now that it's cooler, and I wish I didn't have dry skin so this would last me longer. Still in love!

babylima
babylima

This is a blind buy for me, and im glad i did it because it smells divine! ive always liked escada perfumes but i never get to buy any because they are always a little too sweet and young for my taste, yet magnetism is totally different! its just right :) the warm vanilla scent is balanced out by a combination of musk and powder. its definitely deeper, more mature and feminine than the rest of their perfumes.
and dont b intimidated by the caramel note as listed for it is unnoticeable, i cant even smell it myself

edge42
edge42

This one gets a "Wow!" reaction from me every time I smell it on a woman. Very sexy.

naaym.agecra

Guys love♥ this! I never smelled anything like this before. It is unique and very sexy. It stays up to 8hrs on my skin. I love it.

bunnyhugger77
bunnyhugger77

This is MY signature scent! I get compliments everytime I wear it, it's funny when I catch someone trying to discreetly sniff me. My friends tell me it definitely suits me perfectly. I can't even describe the flavors as its ever changing and it's long lasting. I'm on my 4th bottle...... I LOVE IT!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I just got this I must say wow I love it. Absolutely an excellent well done beautiful fragrance with exceptional lasting power. It arrived so I figured a good time to test it is while I am going outside to clean up the fall leaves. I sprayed it on my arm, cleaned the leaves giving it plenty of time to wear off then came into the house and continued to get the most lovely smell coming off my dirty sweat shirt LOL.. I mean this stuff really gives off a lovely aroma. Not many perfumes seem to stick on to my clothes that well but this sure did. Pleasantly so! I absolutely and completely am in love with Magnetism.

Update: Out of all my fragrances I continue to grab for this one. It's so different from Flowerbomb or other sweet fragrances. It's got something mysterious behind it and I am totally in love with it!!!!

RedIndianGirl
RedIndianGirl

This is my favourite evening out perfume, especially when I wear my tightest black dress and red suede heels. It's a dark, vibrant scent with the black current the top note out of the bottle, drying down nicely with notes of sandalwood and caramel, but not edging into gourmand territory. Sensual, indolent, and fairly intense, this is not a scent for the meek or retiring woman. It is in your face and obvious about its desires. A femme fatale scent.

teresathebarista
teresathebarista

I was gifted a bottle of this yesterday, and I think I finally found a sweet and fruity scent that I can love. It's just delicious, without being sickly and putrid. And my boyfriend seemed to like it as well.

EDIT: I do wish the bottle didn't look so phallic, however.

Sophia666
Sophia666

One word: Magnetism. The first time I wore it I was stopped at the grocery store, by a man, asking "What IS that smell? I want to get it for my girlfriend!" It lasts longer than the other Escada fragrances I have tried, much longer. It is definitely yummy, like fresh-baked cookies, mulberries, plums, and magnolias. My daughter "borrowed" it and used it all! Now I will have to buy more. But it is worth it. Top-notch fragrance.

stardust808

not so much an overall caramel fragrance as it is an iris fragrance...i get 3 main players here-iris, basil, and vanilla not candy vanilla but a natural vanilla. i have been wearing this for almost 2 years and it still mystifies me. every time i wear it i analyze it and the above description is what i have come up with after all this time. most people don't truly know what iris smells like but this is it. iris is where this scent gets that powdery feel with a smidge of sweetness all the while smelling green almost eucalyptus in feel which is the basil. like that's not quite enough already all of that is enveloped by a natural vanilla of almost boozy quality...what can i say? this is a masterpiece for real. i know it's not chanel, mugler, dior but my god this is the shining star of escada fragrances no doubt. this scent puts them in the fragrance big leagues as far as i'm concerned right along side the heavy hitters i just mentioned. absolute divinity and uniqueness in a bottle. this is one that always draws me back even if i stray from it for a few weeks. i disagree with a lot of these reviews and especially the voting of the notes pyramid so try it yourself and see what u come up with but trust me, this is a complex creation. wearing it and smelling it once will do it no justice as it is quite the chameleon

stardust808

@kodibear...if you wanna smell green as in crushed up stems and leaves etc you need to try peace love and juicy couture-THAT'S green NOT magnetism...the green you get iat the top of magnetism is the basil and it's the same green that's in colors by benetton...most delish

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

It s a very strong,chokey scent,I wear it during summer time! Delicious and sexy

LolaLoCer
LolaLoCer

I used to wear this a lot when I'd go out with my girlfriends. I loved how the scent was innocent and evocitive at the same time. It had a slight sporty smell to it in my opnion. It lasted a fairly long time, but I did get some people around me complaining it was too strong. Overal I thought this smell was good! Great for the younger crowd

marily
marily

This is what we call magnetism!!!!! It's an unique and sexy scent which captivates all....You can get a lot of compliments when you wear it!!!

Greicealix
Greicealix

Yes, it's magnetic. I wanna eat the bottle, so do every one who asks me what perfume am I wearing. A lot, of compliments, I almost get embaressed. Red berrys + Lichia = couldnt'd result in a bad fragrance. Now, immagine this covered by caramel and Cassia! Sooo sexy, sooo chic. I feel rich when I wear it lol... The bottle traduces the effect: people craning forward to continue feeling this wonder when you pass by them.

vanillary29
vanillary29

Escada Magnetism tries to be a whole lot of different perfumes at once, and it kind of succeeds at it. The opening is majorly green and herbal, then you get some fruity accords, then the sweet, gourmand notes show up and as it finally dries down, you get a warm, woodsy, musky base. This is probably the most versatile perfume I've ever come across. As soon as you feel that you have figured it out, it surprises you by showing yet another side of it! This is a really unique, astonishing perfume and I recommend you to definitely try it out before purchasing it since I think it will develop differently on everyone.

kodibear
kodibear

This is my favorite, my signature scent, as I love that it smells like they crushed up and bottled bunches and bunches of flowers, including the buds, leaves, stems, and some of the surrounding grass. I have yet to find another perfume that includes the scent of the stems and greens as this one does. (Any suggestions?) Due to olfactory adaptation after wearing it frequently for so many years, I can only smell it for a few minutes after application now, but from past experience, I know it is very long lasting, with such room-filling sillage that, after one small spray, others can tell if I had passed through a room hours earlier. It is sweet, but not one of Escada's typical tropical summer fruit explosions. I get more comments on this perfume than any other I own. It will definitely get you noticed--in a good way!

timida88
timida88

I even don't know where to start. Ok...It was my first real and expensive perfume. Ten years ago Magnetism wasn't popular at all, i think Coco Mademoiselle was trendy then. I felt rebel using something shockingly sweet while my friends prefer boring flowers. It reminded me so much of fruity candies from childhood. But what is the most unique about Magnetism: on me it always was fresh and had a soft clean fruity shampoo note. In my opinion it is the best of Escada and they will never repeat anything like this. All other summer tropical "drinks" can't be compared, they are too banal. Now i see this formula came to fashion or in other words someone earns money selling old horse as young one. Whatever, my lovely Magnetism is a part of my life story and i would love to find it anywhere online so i could keep it as "memory" fume :)

siauseque
siauseque

I am revisiting this old friend. It was my favorite in the mid 00's. Obviously I was much younger then. Like an old song you sing along to and then there's the dated refrain that makes you feel a little silly and self conscious. Still, if you like it sweet and complex you may find this to be the "vinyl" version of the plethora of sweeties out there.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Recieved a sample today, smells to me almost identical to Candy L'eau! Only with added strong green notes. Sort of like a mix between Candy L'eau and Miss Dior- both of which I love... seperately. So dissapointed with this :( An over green sweet sticky smell- the combination of notes just weren't right to me. Maybe it's my skin chemistry... sigh :(

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

Smells sweet but green, grassy at first and then settles really sweet :)

ameals12345
ameals12345

This one always reminds me of fresh laundry..like one of those tide with frebreze kind of smells. I love it! Last very long!

littlestar
littlestar

Very nice perfume. It is strong, but you don't feel nauseated. It lasts long, and it is quite magnetic

gulsen
gulsen

Yes, it is worth your money. Will definately buy another bottle. Sexy and elegant.

lilou
lilou

I am disappointed : usually I love sweet perfumes but I didn't like this one, even if it seems to be one of the most loved among Escada fragrances.
I don't know why : maybe these green notes ?
Not for me.

inchukalns
inchukalns

I smelled this perfume and loved it - so young and dynamic, sweet but not synthetic and at the same time incredibly sexy. It is very long lasting as well - I smell it throughout the 8 hour working day (I only spray in the morning)and it escalates my mood every time it hits my nose making work less boring %)) my clothes keep the smell too and when I put them back on and the amazing smell makes me happy. Once I was wearing Magnetism and accidentally met my ex boyfriend in a supermarket. We spoke for a while and once the smell of perfume got to him he said "you smell nice, as always". he than asked what the perfume was - he'll probably buy it for his current girl :)) anyway, if you like sweet, light and fresh (not cheap and synthetic) perfumes which last long - this is a perfect solution ^^

ForrealMe2

what the heck happened to this one..when i bought it it was wonderful and then the basil note took over and it went masculine...and while i am usually drawn to that it didn't work well with the basil..this perfume morphs quickly..i had to return it and i rarely do that..too much basil

olaciaa
olaciaa

love,love love .
I just say only love.

beatrix75
beatrix75

i love its sweet lovely caramell sexy dark beutiful frag adoreble perfekt for summer perfekt for any case any time one off fav

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

Oh good people of Fragrantica, you've come through again! Last week at Ross I saw a few offerings I wasn't familiar with so I did what any sane person would do and hopped on Fragrantica to see the notes and reviews. Magnetism was one of them among other favorites like Pink Sugar and Fancy (which I will probably get at some point anyway) but the reviews for this beauty wasn't the standard "Oh I love this", It was like it had a following. So I looked at you tube reviews and knew I had to go back and grab this while I could.
Now, I thought this was priced at $20, but it was actually $30 and I contemplated if I wanted to spend that on a blind buy. I circled the perfumes for a good 20 minutes, picking up the cheaper "fan faves", Fancy?-nope I already have Viva La Juicy. Pink Sugar or Delicious?- nah I have Meow plus Im not sure I want to smell like sugar- Escada Sexy Graffiti? (this was cheaper then Magnetism)- Nope it smells like JLO Live to me. And I want something unlike what I already have. So I bit my lip and got what I came for.

Sexy? Oh my god yes! First spray is a spicy, almost in a licorice way (but not like Lolita Lempicka which I adore)and also slightly fruity. Dark, juicy fruits not really a tropical type fruit. This kind of goes all over the place, when people say it changes all through the day, it really does. It's fruity, woody, smoky, vanilla, caramel and a little floral. This is so so so pretty! I can see why so many people have a hard time explaining the scent.My advice is if you happen to chance upon this, get it! But not if you live in the same town as me, because I'll be getting another one if I find it! LOL

ForrealMe2

Wow i love this...i can see the similarity to Amor Amor but it is not Amor Amor..Amor Amor is a blast of citrus candy goodness...Magnetism is much more calmer in the citrus but the same notes are there in a sense like Amor Amor but in Magnetism you get more vanilla with the citrus and i think its the caramel that adds to this sweetness with the vanilla...this smells so freakin good its rediculous..i heard all the good reviews and this one is a keeper at such an affordable price..you know there is a green note in there but you can barely smell it or at least with my chemistry this came out really sweet and it balances the scent out so its not like Chanel No.19 Poudre where you can really notice that green leaf note..no way...I am so happy i got this one..this is one of those scents when you smell it it makes you smile..it is that comforting..lovely citrus vanilla scent..

Update: I take it back it does smell like Amor Amor later as the scent dries down but lighter..in the beginning it smells slightly different because you smell citrus and vanilla very distinctly but once it has completely dried down it does smell more and more like Amor Amor but it just has alittle bit more vanilla and a bit more herbal with the basil than Amor Amor..it will really be your preference and is a great alternative if Amor Amor is discontinued or Magnetism is discontinued you can still get the same great scent! I like them both! I would say this scent is closer to Britney Spears Hidden Fantasy because of the Vanilla with the Citrus.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Magnetism smelled so goooood on the paper strip that I had spritzed it on yesterday, I was sniffing it all day and loving it! I went back this morning for a "skin spritz", it started out okay lovely vanilla and caramel, but now 2 hours later it has turned into a harsh ammonia yuck-fest! Ironically the strip that smelled "okay" yesterday (YSL Manifesto) is turning out to be a super delightful scent on me. Funny how these perfumes either work out great or go all wonky depending on your chemistry. This is why a skin spritz is essential before purchase IMO.

marjanculina
marjanculina

this is the best perfume i've ever bought. i don't regret buying it at all. i love it.

alicepolice
alicepolice

Oh magnetism, what have I done? I always smelled you from the bottle at stores, admiring your smooth caramel and hints of litchi and red berries. I was so content just holding you in my hands, that it never even occurred to me to spray myself with your divine scent.

Months later I ordered you from a store online, but when you arrived, I thought you had gone bad. While the bitter, green opening wasn't completely unpleasant, it was certainly unexpected to me. It took me another few months before I researched you and found that this is the real you. And I had no one but myself to blame for being so hasty and taking you for granted.

***

Magnetism is, to me, almost every scent cramped into one. It opens bitter and sour, goes through clean and eventually, becomes warm and super-creamy sweet. I must admit I don't understand it, even though I sorta like it. I think it's mainly the basil that makes me stray away every time I consider using this; basil and caramel don't mix with me. But it's a very interesting scent with clear stages of developing and changing.

I think Magnetism is the girl who refuses to spell it out for you, the girl who wants you to do the work. She'll be worth it, but you have to be determined.

selinu
selinu

Well the opening was unique I smelled fresh leaf with sugar and thats was so good. Then it turned into scent of some sickly sugary lolies. Hate it

Rainbow Gatherer
Rainbow Gatherer

my fave fragrance and my signature fragrance! Stays on soooo long and very musky with berries and white florals.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Very fruity, dries down in an hour or two to a darker, headier mix that's reminiscent of Euphoria on me. Silage is decent, longevity on me is several hours, though not as strong as in the first 2 hours. Magnetism is a bit more berry intense than I'd prefer, I would be more likely to purchase and wear Euphoria personally, but it's still nice and I do like it.

lali29bee
lali29bee

I'm so shocked most people think it smells like caramel! more than anything, I smelled the currant and berries. I smelled this months ago at the mall and if my memory serves me right then I love this perfume! and I'm pretty sure I can get it for an inexpensive price. yay!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Those of you who expect straight up caramel shouldn't buy this. Yes caramel is listed as a note - BUT, it is very faint, along with all the other notes, they mix in harmony with each other to create this is fruity/sweet/powdery/green/floral fragrance. I have no idea what category to place this in, I wouldn't place it in any category for that matter because it is far too complex. However it is well blended and it smells great! I'll wear this any day of the year B-)

Chio268
Chio268

Magnetism is pure vanilla heaven in a bottle. I've never been so impressed by a perfume before-this one is so amazingly sweet and warm but a bit spicy at the same time, which complements the sweetness in a very nice way.

A very sexy perfume, it reminds a bit of Cavalli's Just Her, which is another amazing fragrance.

MissEmm13
MissEmm13

The last word I would use to describe this scent: linear. It changes so much throughout the day, but never once did I dislike the progression. It starts out sweet and gourmand, gets a little fruity, then turns green but stays sweet. On me, this scent never gets too green. I detected sweetness all throughout the day. It lasted a good 12 hours. Overall, very interesting and unique scent.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

I have just received this. I like it, but I don't love it. At least I don't love it now that it's still a little cold.. For me this frag is so fruity and green that it's a nice spring/summer scent. Yes it is sweet but fruity sour/sweet. It has a lot in common with the other Escada scents. Especially the summer limited editions. The drydown is warmer and cozier but still not foody. If you want something reaaally sweet for Winter try Escada Desire Me. This is a wild-forest-fruit sweet treat that offers another type of excitement! The litchi note is quite obvious too. I will have to come back for a more proper review. Overall it's a nice perfume though!
EDIT delete all the above. this is the spring/summer love of my life!!!

Soie
Soie

A unique fragrance in that it smells (IMO) of caramel & pastries blended together with forest notes.

I didn't think I'd like it at first but it turned out to be one of my favorites.

pourfemme
pourfemme

It smells like basil. I can not put it in the category of fresh scents. There is sth dark in it. Ok it is wearabale but if u say that it is a gourmet scent, sorry it is not delicious. Finally too much green sweet green..

My husband like it very much on me but I still dislike it.

Dara813
Dara813

This scent is just so perfect. It's sweet, complex, versatile, and sexy. It's cool and warm at the same time. It's sweet and fresh at the same time too. I smell the vanilla and caramel but not in a heavily gourmand sense. I don't want to smell like a bakery but I don't want to smell like grass and trees either. This scent somehow finds a balance. Great sillage; I get a floral powdery note at one point but so nice and not overwhelming. I have tried so many fragrances but always come back to this one. Perfection in a bottle.

iam2sexy4uris

Yes, this is what perfumes used to be like before the new era of fruit salads they are making now. Magnetism is ART, gorgeous, unique, stays on forever ( even on my skin where everything else even Montale flies off ), and look at those notes, this is real perfume not the stuff Escada is making now.

THE CHILDREN LOVED IT!
I wore this wonderful pefume to work today. When I walked into the classroom, the kids smelled me and they said, "Mrs. Giselle, you smell so good!"
I'm happy that I have three 2.5 back-up bottles. I Love it!

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

i looooove this perfume!!!! so many notes ,like a beautiful composed song.fruity and floral ,i think of cocktail berries and melons and good smelling flowers.its strong but not too strong, dont wear/buy if you want to be more discrete

Spangle
Spangle

I've put off reviewing this because I don't think I can do it justice!

I'm currently on the hunt for a new gorgeous fragrance that my partner is going to buy me for valentines day.

I love dark, spicy, smooth fragrances, and creamy, fun fruit fragrances (I know, bit of a contradiction, that's me.)

So.. I've tried Viva La Juicy (didn't like), Flowerbomb (Liked but no staying power and too weak), Britney Spears Circus Fantasy (Nothing special at all) Miss Dior Cherie (didn't like) Pink Sugar (INSTANT LOVE) and this, Magnetism!.... I tried Magnetism around the same time as Flowerbomb and knew that I liked both, but Magnetism more. I remember sniffing my wrist over and over again like "Wow...."

Then I got addicted to Pink Sugar - which I still am.

Then today I went back to Magnetism thinking "If I try this again I'll probably think it's boring now I've had pink sugar" - but not a chance!

This is another bottle of extreme charisma. A unique fragrance in it's own league just as is Angel and my lovely Lolita Lempicka.

A river of warm dark caramel in a forest of huge juicy dark berries and a burning sandlewood fire...

Raunchy, seductive, addictive. I cannot explain in a way as to justify how gorgeous the result is - whoever actually made this I salute you! - well I don't because that's weird but kudos, this fragrance rocks my socks :D.

I will be getting this, if not as my V present then at some other point this year and loving it for a long long time.

(I need to try more Escada!)

roosette
roosette

I also find it very unique and unlike any other perfum. What makes it more original, I sense a sunflower in it and I love this combination. Hope it will never disappear!

antswife
antswife

In my opion very unique. I discovered this by smelling it on one of my good friends when we were going out one night. Long lasting. Hard to find in my area.

deekay
deekay

one of my all time favorite perfumes, so many memories behind this one.
is it strong? yes. sweet? yes. SEXY? incredibly.
this is my go-to scent for those moments you just need to feel good, beautiful, desired, feminine, hot n flirty.
not to mention, the quality is all there. super long lasting, and oh so noticable.
this is a compliment MAGNET.
go ahead and let your sex appeal out, this is the fragrance!

Ohkit
Ohkit

one word: sexy

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

omgosh the lasting power is beyond my imagination. after workout and shower it's still there!

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Initially all I get is caramelly vanilla warmth...perfect really, especially for cooler weather, and its sweet, but not cloying, or "little girl sweet".

Later, I get a little pineapple peeking through...and then more fruits, individual notes indiscernible.

Florals...no not much happening there, but that's ok, because I have many floral scents.
This, though, is quite different, reminiscent of Lolita Lempicka (another love of mine), but with a fruity twist. Different to other Escadas I've tried.
A thumbs up for this one, but be careful...easy does it...this could be a bomb if sprayed without restraint.

lilyofthepally

Of course, right after writing my initial review of this, the fruity notes started to make themselves known. Go figure. :P

I can't pick any out in particular, and they certainly are not at the forefront. They take time to start peeking out from beneath the sweet/woodsy/musky-ness that I mostly get from wearing Magnetism. It does get a lot more pleasant as time goes on though, and because of that, I must say I'm happy with this purchase. I do think it could use a spritz of citrus to brighten it up a bit though in the absence of the strong fruity factor I was expecting, so this may be a good candidate for layering with other scents.

lilyofthepally

Looking at the notes and the reviews, Magnetism seemed like the perfect perfume for me. I've been trying to find a new signature for months now, and was thrilled to see how everyone described this. I bought a decant the other day and I am heartbroken. I don't hate it; it's definitely pleasant enough... but it's not at all what I expected. For some reason, this pulls very woody, musky and green on my skin. Very sweet, yes, but where is all that glorious fruit? I've kept this on for a few hours now to see if it would evolve at all, but no luck. Maybe it became a touch earthier, but still no fruit. The sweetness is nice, as is the overall effect, but it looks like my skin chemistry has completely destroyed Magnetism and morphed it into something it is not.

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

Everyone has those smells that turn their stomach and Magnetism does it for me. It's this weird overripe sticky fruit smell that for some reason makes me think of durians and baby spitup and my stomach does a little quiver when I wear it. It's just so thickly sweet- like very very overripe fruit.
I bought a 1.7 oz bottle and 2 sprays is all I will ever use.

pattyk
pattyk

I like sweet but this is a bit too sweet for me. Once it settles down on my skin it's fine. I'm not sorry I bought it but it is a bit over bearing for me. Maybe if I layer it with something soft it'll be better. I'm not saying it's bad, just a little strong for my style.

fdmc
fdmc

Gougeous....
Amazing....
Sweet....like a candy......delicious....
I love Escada Magnetisme is fantastic blend of fruits, flowers and woods.
Perfect for pink clothes.
I love this scent in winter because it a very warm and comforting smell.
The botle is a crystal...very feminine.
Longelasting enormous and sillage powerful.

missu1111
missu1111

I just tried this and absolutely love it! What a gorgeous scent, utter deliciousness from fruity to warm caramel-vanilla. Def a date night fragrance, it's so inviting!

sweetgirl

grabbed my 3rd bottle...just a great escada classic...a head turner for me....love it!!

m4
m4

Warm and cozy scent. Combo of caramel-vanilla with lot of berries. When it opens up I love it. It smells like chewing gum..mmmm so good. After 2 minutes it goes straight to caramel and berries. Basil stays there and give it little sharpness and green background. As the time passes I can smell just caramel, vanilla and berries. Basil goes away. I don´t know but I smell little banana or something sweet like that. Maybe it would be pineapple or sweet melon...Better in cold temps. If somebody gave it to me I would accept the gift :D I think if it matches with the right chemistry it´s perfect to give kisses and hugs. Yummy. Warning: It´s addictive!!! :-)

kicsibubu
kicsibubu

I did not like it at first, had to wash itt off my wrist. But gave it one more try and now I like it a lot! I only have to survive the first 10 minutes, when the scent is really-really sweet and strong for me, but after that it develops into something AMAZING! It is warm, comforting, not too sweet, long lasting...perfect for winter. Try it! Even several times... :))

loonad

this smells divine.love it.

greek_goddes

Second review here about Magnetism. The first one was negative but I think that the sample I had had turned bad.

Now I own the biggest bottle of M. I didn't buy it, it was a gift but I have to admitt that it was a very pleasant one!
The perfume is very longlasting and it has very good sillage. I would call it a "magnet of compliments"!!
I don't think it is sexy but I find it quite calming and easy-to-go scent.
If you have the chance to try it, do it! It might surprise you!

BIG SMILE
I really enjoy wearing this perfume. It has become one of my favorites. Its sweet and spicey with a bit of chocolate powder. It's warm and cozy for the cooler months. I couldn't stop sniffing myself in the theater last night while I was watching Taken 2. I have 2 back-up bolttles. That is how often I intend to wear this scent.

ladykicks
ladykicks

I never really clicked with this perfume, which is weird because I usually love Escada's fruity fragrances. The vanilla really stood out, and I tend to avoid vanilla. Cloyingly sweet even for me so I gifted it to a friend.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I'm so disappointed in this fragrance! I was expecting this to be so amazing since a lot of people seem to like it but ehh...it wasn't my favorite scent. It smelled powdery on me and I also smelled the basil in here too which I didn't like at all. I also didn't get very much of the vanilla or caramel scent in here, which is what I was hoping for (I didn't smell very much fruits in here either).

This will be going back on ebay asap! So far, the only escada scent I can deal with is sexy graffiti! I think I'm going to give up on escada perfumes.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

When I first spray this cherries, litchi fruit and black currant are jumping off my arm. A few minutes later a nice green note makes a soft and short appearance. The carmel and vanilla are felt almost instantaneously and are being gently folded into the bowl with the berries. On my skin the candy (almost jolly rancher type candy) never really bows to the base notes and just continue to get stronger. They never give up and allow the richness of the vanilla, woods and amber to take center stage. I was disappointed because I wanted this to have a richer dry down. If you like very sweet gourmand scents, give this one a try but for me this was too much of a toothache.

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Warm, dark, powdery goodness sweetened with mature caramel. Strong enough to be night-worthy and at the same time not so naughty that you can't wear it during the day. Just spray sparingly if you wear it to work because the silage and projection are quite good, this isn’t your average tweenie, gone in 10 seconds caramel splash. Magnetism is a serious, gorgeously well balanced, long lasting, dignified caramel fragrance… the last of a dying breed. And I really can’t stress ‘dignified’ enough with all of the tutti fruity, Brittany candy garbage out there these days. Magnetism is legit.

burgundyaltima

My all time favorite perfume!.... another great alternative with great silage is by Charlotte Russe called Refuge Nights!! not as fruity but smells veryyy similar!

Maria111
Maria111

IM totally in love with this perfume,i smell awesome it in! and ive had it since 2003,till datei keep buying it lol...iguess it suits me soo well..ifeel SExiFIED hahaha
totally loveit!! 10/10 for me!!

Mushana
Mushana

I agree that this can come off as too sweet, but with the right skin chemistry this is gorgeous...yummy

orchid_84
orchid_84

Very, very sweet…lots of juicy berries, pineapple, black currant and liquid caramel. It has a pleasing herbal-green sharpness from the cassis and basil that makes all the sweet fruit bearable. The drydown is a soft and musky-warm blend of vanilla and caraway. Usually such an abundance of fruits in a perfume scares me off, but here I like it. This is candy-like in its intense sweetness, but for me it's still wearable. I find this fragrance to be somewhat related to Angel, but Magnetism is much fruitier and less earthy…and certainly has its own distinctive personality.

burgundyaltima

Am I the only one who rolls their eyes to the back of their head and make disturbing moans when they smell this? LOVE THIS STUFF! my favorite perfume of all time..fruity, sweet and warm..i smell the caramel and pineapple in it..sooo sexy!! if i had to choose one fragrance this would be it...I will own a bottle FOREVER!!!!!!!!

mystica
mystica

Escada's Magnetism is a nice, delicious fragrance in its own right. However it was very sweet and heavy for me. It was inducing a panick attack like feeling in me. All fragrances which contains red berries do the same, makes me feel bad. I can't say I don't like those fruits in real, but in fragrances, as chemical notes... hell no.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

holy frijoles!!! this would totally be my signature fragrance if i chose one. this is sexy, fresh, sweet, intriguing. buy if you can find!!!!

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I absolutely love the hint of basil and greenery in the opening and middle of Magnetism! So sweet but fresh at the same time. Very long lasting, with good silage. My daughter tells me I smell like sweet flowers and candy when I wear this. :)

yay4mimi
yay4mimi

Too sweet for me. I mean if you like sweet scents you will like this one too for sure but if you don't, don't even try it lol

joip
joip

I love it! I want to bathe in it! There´s actually nothing in this perfume that disturbes my nose. Masterpiece!

venetia haneda
venetia haneda

I would never forget the smell of EM. It makes any women and men stop & feel this intoxicating vanilla, it sweet yet sensual.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This is really yummy, but slightly cloying. I can see getting a big headache from this. It's a very fruity, sweet caramel scent. I am a gourmand lover but I think this is a little sickly and I will just stick with my smple instead of buying bottle.

deliten
deliten

At first sniff, I loved it. Unfortunately I soon discovered it had something green (basil?) in it which ruined it for me. Not fresh at all.

loonad

lovely scent.tried it in the perfume shop.just lovely and sexy.

yasmin.mochtar
yasmin.mochtar

I think this is the only gourmand scent that I could really like and enjoy (I tried so hard to like Britney Spears' Fantasy, but I just couldn't, it was too cloying for me so I gave up LOL). Magnetism is yummy, nicely blended combination, mature but still playful enough, I can sense the kind of caramel used in Prada Candy in this one. And yeah this perfume draws compliments :) I would wear this at night or colder days.

iam2sexy4uris

This perfume is a masterpiece!!! The notes are very well blended and it's just gorgeous. It is a bit more mature but it really is an amazing perfume.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

I really dont know why I bought this . I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL .

It's VERY floral , it's not a BAD perfume , but It just doesnt suit me I guess .

Monika.nemecek
Monika.nemecek

Magical berries and caramel. I just love it. Sweet scent but not sticky sweet. Sexy. Boys can´t stop sniffing your skin when you wear it. wrrrrrrr :)

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

EVERYBODY´s asking me for what I´m wearing. Even they ask my colleagues what I wear. This, my dearest fragrance-friends is the compliments hunter itself!
Whether men or women, everyone wants to know what this gorgeous smell is. Caramel / toffee, vanilla in an intoxicating way! To all Gourmand-Lovers: Try it, you´re gonna love it!

Migalex
Migalex

To me this smells of minty caramel. The idea is interesting, but I find the minty scent of basil here too sharp, and it keeps that way for long, although softer after three hours. I do not appreciate much the gourmand scent of caramel either, very preeminent, because I am not fond o caramel gourmand scents. Longevity and projection are good, which is a plus, if you like this type of scent.

irin_ka
irin_ka

This magical creation introduced me to the world of vanilla and gourmand scents. Back then it was so different, almost unique. I was truly impressed. Vanilla is one of my favourite notes ever after!

cinsot
cinsot

This chameleon opens rather pointed and green with an underlying berry jam note. I sensed a dense floral lurking in the wings also. "Hmm..." I mused "interesting..."

Thirty minutes later Magnetism morphed into a dead ringer of Kenzo Amour on my skin. With a chalky vanilla emanating from the centre of my being I wondered where the curious top got to.

Magnetism becomes another one of those bone dry vanilla scents my skin loves, in the same family as Hypnotic Poison without the exquisite subtle complexities of course. It would act as a make do alternative in my opinion.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

Pros: Magnetism is a level or two better than VS perfumes - it's sexy, sweet, and feminine without the artificial, cloying sharpness that VS perfumes have after a while. This fragrance doesn't smell like plastic like some lower quality fragrances do and has more depth than some of the more expensive fragrances out there.The florals are alluring, not brutal on my sensitive nose. Sillage doesn't last long but it's pretty potent when first sprayed. Boyfriend liked this one in the dry down.

Cons: While it's a step up from the average generic, plasticky fruity floral perfumes, I think this is a nice fragrance for 3rd dates or later but lacks the wow factor for special occasions or first dates. Still, it's worth buying if you like sweet fruity-vanilla scents but don't want anything too teeny-bopper or so sweet it makes you dizzy.

exciter76
exciter76

I must confess: as much as I enjoy caramel as a confectionary treat I do not care for it in perfumes. My last rendezvous with caramel before Magnetism was disastrous; I could not scrub Hard Candy off my wrists fast enough. As the old cliché goes, “never say never,” and I am so glad I did not. Magnetism is good enough to make me go back on my word.

To look at the notes is to go into shock over the sugary overload of caramel, vanilla, and random fruits, not to mention the mishmash of greens and flowers. Had I seen the notes first I would never have considered buying this. It looks frightful but smells blissful. EM begins with a subdued creamy caramel, which is neither too saccharine nor too artificial. The vanilla-caramel sweetens just a tad with the arrival of candied fruits a few minutes after the initial spray. As terrifying as candied fruits may sound, they are merely present to add another confectionary dimension to this cozy comfort scent. The vanilla-caramel is still ever present at the heart but it mellows out, introducing a rich bouquet of varied flowers in full bloom, leaves and stems included. The base is most satisfying, incorporating the romantic notion of candies and flowers but adding an element of carnal seduction with its creamy vanilla and amber musk. Eight hours later I could smell a soft, sweetened, and warm musk; it was my skin but so much better.

As many before have stated, women will ask what you are wearing and men will trail behind, following the sillage in a devil-may-care fashion. I look weird compulsively burying my nose in my wrist but it cannot be helped when I wear this. EM is just that good.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This scent was my holy grail in the early 2000s! And you would think that I had fallen out of love with it but not a chance! I just revisited this today and purchased for only $40 at a discount store for the 2.5 oz. To me that was a good deal! I'm still in love after all of these years!

Okay , I can gather from the negative reviews that maybe this is not for ppl that are not into sweet , robust, loud scents. I am a lover of Calvin Klein Euphoria, Alien by Thierry Mugler, New Haarlem by Bond No.9, and Versace Crystal Noir. I am only using these as an example because they all are loud in some way and project like a beast! People will smell you in all of these and that's my goal when I wear scents. I don't see the point if no one can smell it or I can't smell it. I don't like fresh scents because a bath will do just find for that :) But that's just my opinion.

Now back to the fragrance. This is one of the HOTTEST, SEXY scents out there. It's fruity, it's gourmand, it's green, it's fresh! Yes I love those all in one type scents! I think the green notes really balance this scent out so you don't pass out from smelling it LOL. It reminds me of a glazed pineapple upside down cake with the little cherries that's been spiked with a brown liqueur. Sounds weird but this is what it reminds me of. It's syrupy and luscious.

Yes men will chase you, yes women will want to know what you are wearing because you will come off so sexy and confident wearing it. Your "milkshake" will bring all the boys to the yard! LOL!

As far as longevity, it's a win win. It lasts for abt 10 hrs and my skin is dry. Projection is a beast! Sillage is a beast!

For the ones that think it's too sweet, maybe mix a bit in some unscented lotion to enjoy it more.

I agree with lollipopsneeze that it's similar to Dunhill desire mixed with Hot Coture but way better.

This will remain in my collection !

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Escada Magnetism is such a unique fragrance that's so multifaceted and ultra feminine! Initially I can really smell the rich green cassia leaves and black currant before it settles in to a sharp fruity vanilla with the pineapple and litchi along with a hint of basil and jasmine. A smooth dry down of sweet caramel, sensual amber, and sandalwood. I love it!

Hayven
Hayven

I was very pleased with Magnetism. Back in college, my friend and I had Refuge Nights from Charlotte Russe--it was too overwhelming to my nose (but I liked it very much), and I had given her my bottle. I smelled this and it smells just like Refuge Nights but half as strong. I think Refuge Nights might have knocked off Magnetism because they both have almost the same notes.

I know this is not much of a review, but for people looking for the discontinued Refuge Nights, this makes a fine substitute.

Starts off with a blast of sugared berries and quickly settles into a soft slightly powdery, floral, fruity sweet sexy scent. This is not Escada's usual fruity sugarbomb. This has a green note that balances the sweetness well. Love this one.

When I was a lot younger, I filled my wardrobe with anything and everything sweet and foody. These days sweet scents rarely appeal to me, especially the loud, gourmand types. Escada Magnetism is wearable due to its subtle, perhaps more grown-up nature. It's like a cross between Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb and Diesel Loverdose.

I had a good feeling about Magnetism even before testing it. A dear friend kindly sent me a sample knowing how eager I was to get hold of one. I find this fragrance pleasantly sweet without being too candy-like. I hate smelling like a sweet shop, so I did admittedly approach this fragrance with caution, but was happy to discover that it was nowhere near as sweet as some other scents on the market today.

The caramel accord is smoothed out with vanilla, benzoin and sweet fruits, like pineapple, litchi and red berries. Rather than smelling juvenile, Magnetism has a delicious, sensual edge. While men could either love it or hate it on their women, I will give it a try with my fingers crossed behind my back.

Although the note is not listed, I get a slight licoricey accord in Magnetism, which in some ways balances out the composition. There is also a beautiful greeness, that although difficult to describe, really makes this fragrance special and unique.

The longevity is quite impressive, lasting a good six hours on my skin despite its subtlety. Magnetism overall is a warm and feminine fragrance, suitable for all ages. It may not be the most popular Escada scent, but for all I know, it's one of their few products that are supposedly permanent fixtures on the market. I hope to never see the day when they discontinue it.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

This scent is very addicting to me after I spray it I want to keep sniffing my wrist over and over, it smells so good. It's a heavy sultry scent and the basil note keeps it interesting and from being like every other sweet scent on the market. I think this is better suited for evening although I wear it during the day applied with a light hand. Longevity is good lasting 6+ hours and sillage is excellent. This one is definitely one of my compliment getters.

kintamani
kintamani

I hate this. Too sharp. Got headache. Long lasting with superior sillage. When I sprayed ( only twice , I feel a walking-vanilla-cake :)

miloratka
miloratka

i agree, it's too sweet, and heavy..longlasting-true, but after a while I get sick in my stomack of it.

klmckendry
klmckendry

Unfortunately this was too sickly sweet to me. Great lasting power, but not good since I found it overpowering. Used it to spray my wardrobe now and then, then gave it to a friend who loved it.

blueriver
blueriver

Amazing,it's unique with good sillage and lasts a very long time on my skin and on my clothes and i don't even like sweet perfumes but this one is balanced enough for my taste,it feels clean and fresh yet sexy and very attractive, very complex perfume with different feel in each layer until the dry down and i can smell the green fresh note which i believe is basil? the dry-down as mentioned in other comments vanilla, musk, sandalwood, patchouli and amber,it is divine.

lasting power: 10 / 10
sillage : 8 /10

Be careful with applying too much,it's very strong
i only use 2 sprays and that's all is needed.
Highly recommended

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

I absolutely adore this. I think it's one of the few perfumes I would venture to actually describe as "beautiful". It seems to constantly evolve, sometimes I smell fruit (especially strawberries!), other times I can detect the basil note (which makes it interesting and adds some complexity), and sometimes I get a yummy vanilla/caramel musk. During the sugary, fruity stages I swear I can detect a little of BS Fantasy. I can see this being worn for both day and night. Magnetism is also extremely long lasting on me, I can spray it in the morning and still get whiffs of it well into the night. Impressive! I got lots of compliments when I wore this out, guys seem to really like it.

So glad I picked this one up!

greek_goddes

Way too sweet! And usually I like sweet scents!
I am testing this right now and I can't breath!
Sorry for the lovers!
Definetely more grown up than other Escada's fruity-floral scents but I cannot understand how you find this sexy, unless you are under 18.

Edit: As time passes it smells dusted on my skin. Propably ti is the skin chemistry.
Also I have to point that Lolita Lempicka, Flowerbomb and Magnetism smell exactly the same on me! So it is a cheaper substitution!

brendandekei
brendandekei

i like this scent but it is not extraordinary, almost boring and an everyday kind of perfume. the caramel and vanilla tones were a bit overpowering at first and it was too sweet but it dries down to a warm sensual scent that really lasts the whole day. i wore it to work and felt surprised that i smelled good towards the end of the day, however like i said before it lacks that wow seductive factor for me and would never wear it for a special occasion.

nicolevivi
nicolevivi

nice perfume, but smell to sweet and ordinary like millions of perfumes out there

aromaticprincess
aromaticprincess

I love it. It's a very sensual and sexy fragrance. It's the only perfume of the Escada line I like. I wish I liked the other ones but they just don't deliver, at least not to me. But this one is very arousing, so be careful where you wear it. ;)

vanillablossom
vanillablossom

oh my goodness, the reviews I read made this sound amazing, I had such i hopes! i love sweet, creamy, classy fragrances.
BUT.
sadly this did not work for me at all. there was a brief tantalising hint of lovely caramel but overwhelmingly this smelt 'green', like basil - which is all good in pizza and other Italian cuilinary delights but i dont want to smell like it and also like tomato leaves which is such a strange scent.

marydoan90
marydoan90

I hate to admit it, but the first spray actually made me literally gag and cough. It was strongly sweet and shot straight to my head. BUT the drydown made me fall in love with it.
Dark creamy caramel with vanilla undertones.
It's sweet, but a sexy mature sweetness.
The caramel and vanilla drydown was so yummy.
I returned my bottle though, because spring is coming and this perfume is ONLY for cold weathers. I'm not quite sure if I'll want to repurchase it because the only thing I loved (and smelled) was the caramel and vanilla, which could be found in many other perfumes.

lovely_nona85
lovely_nona85

my fav. For ever i'm in love with this magic it takes me to love & dreams world omg can't live without u magnetsm

perfumelover4u
perfumelover4u

If anyone wants an exchange, I have a full bottle of this! I love it but am interested in trying something else.

missmm79
missmm79

RICH, BOLD, BEAUTIFUL, LASTING "WOMANINITY!"

i find myself thinking about this perfume throughout the day when i'm not wearing it. the color of the bottle matches the depth and colors of the scent. rich in florals, sweetness, and creaminess. not for sensitive noses, but it doesn't seem to singe my hairs with its power. this perfume makes me want to put on a magenta, chiffon, v-cut, long elegant dress, with chunks of diamonds on, and walk by tons of wanting young gentlemen in tuxedos at a fancy cocktail party in San Francisco! thats just my humble little fantasy...

SCENT: 9/10
SILLAGE: 9/10
LONGEVITY: 10/10

i live in san francisco area, so this perfume works wonders in cold weather! doesn't need to be hot to stir up its magic :-)

2/27/2012

Psyquart
Psyquart

Smells like candy, burnt sugar, caramel, vanilla, musk, bath foam and sex to me. Absolutely perfect, draws a lot of compliments (especially from guys)and always makes me feel confident and hot. I don't usually like sweet caramel-y scents, but this is balanced out by a mix of musk and powder so it's not nausiating or annoying. Definitely give this a try.

sweetgirl

this one of my ol favs and i always get compliments..need to cop another bottle !

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Personally I don't think this smells like any of the perfumes listed as "alike" in the above.

This is along the lines of the vintage Gucci Envy Me(but better) with it's pinks and greens, though instead of pink and green, it's a dark lucious burgandy fuscia and deep mossy green (maybe like Envy Me and Gucci Rush without that plasticy smell and with a bit more herbs, basil).

It almost smells like candy but doesn't quit go there, it does in that sense reminds me of Chanel Coromandel as well (although this is just a touch younger and definently more feminine).. not that they smell the same, they dont but they both have that 'almost candy' kind of smell not gourmand but you want to devour the person wearing! it's almost foodiness.. it's just different flavors of the same candy, There is a note of caramel, but it's blended so well it's very much a barely there presence , rather than an individual note it's more of an over-all caramelly feel and I'm also thanking the herbs for that. I love basil and casis in a perfume and this definently delievers.. I also very much enjoy freshness that the herbs bring, and yes it's fruity, but its more of a fruity nuance certainly making this unique.

I normally have a problem with pineapple, but not here. The fruit in this is so well blended I really cant pick out a certain note, I might have guessed raspberry more of a candied raspberry, maybe? but I'd be wrong... the litchi might be the only one slightly detectable to me, thats the one sweetnening things up, while it is sweet, it's not overly sweet by any means, and the greens in this, the herbs of basil and casis really balance that out perfectly adding a bit of spice and freshness (which reminds me it also resembles anglomania in that sense plus the herbs omg.. i love this stuff) ! I think the patchouli is also adding to the grown up 'yum' factor..the lotus helps to keep the whole composition from becoming to thick, but dont be mistaken this is a very volumptuous frag, instead of twiggy, this is more a Marylin or Betty.. yeah a Betty ;) The Jasmine I can detect but those afraid of Jasmine no fears.. it not enough to even slightly bother you but to us Jasmine lovers we can definently pick that note up.

The rose and the violet play off nicely together, adding that come hithered innocent sexiness..like a little sex kitten innocent but with a fully grown sexual appitite... not sharp but not creamy , definently powdery and herby bery'ish girly femme fetale beauty!

Although I suppose if you had to call this candy, it would be some kind of gourmet red berry herbal coughdrop minus the nasty medicinal smell

The sandlewood is detecatable all through the drydown, it's not dominating this frag at all, it just blened nicely just enough so that it's not real obvious but detectabe.. also adding to the depth of this frag.....

What I also love is the drydown, it really doesn't change that much from initial spritz, there are a few minutes of development and after that it prety much stays the same, only becomes softer..I love that, I'm so sick of plain vanilla wood drydowns, don't worry you definently wont find that here!

There is vanilla though it's hardly detectable to my sniffer, and the iris along with the violet.. really soften things up nicely.

The projection /sillage are very good, longevity could definently be better, it does last longer on hair and clothes than skin, I'd say on skin about 4 hours for me, which normally would make me pass, but this is too good to give up, I dont mind reapplying, I even think that on hair and clothing it can be detected up to and past 8 hours..I've definently recieved compliments a full 8 hours after applying

Discontinued like all the greats ... so if you find it ...grab it!

tangerine-tane
tangerine-tane

Mmm, it's such a yummy smelling fragrance! I love it once it has faded a bit. The vanilla in it is awesome. :) I absolutely love the smell of Escada Magnetism! The fruity sweetness of it is scrumptious! Sometimes I just want to eat it as if it is a real sweet treat. ;) Definitely a thumbs up for this perfume, if you're looking for something delicious and ever so slightly woody smelling with a touch of vanilla that makes your nose tingle, then this is the one for you.♥

Lauri88
Lauri88

This perfume smells so great! Guys love it and so do I. As it fades it smells really good.

makeuptianna
makeuptianna

This is very sexy and fresh.

Aje.big
Aje.big

This is my favourite perfumes,i like the smell,before i looking around my area but i can't find it's when the new one was come up..

I CAN'T STOP SMELLING MYSELF
I wore Escada Magnetism to work for the first time and I was surprised at the amount of compliments I received from my coworkers. I like to wear a different perfume everyday and I found it interesting that so many people found this scent so attractinve. I love it!

noy.gunawan
noy.gunawan

veryy sweet perfume..yummy too.it smells very good and long lasting on my skin..i just spray a single one on my neck very nice one..not too expensive n satisfaction you'll get ^_^

teena724
teena724

Just received my first bottle (blind buy) and all I can say is Yummy Wow. Already planning to hord a few more bottles of this .. I can see this being my daily scent. It is affordable, bright enough for day time office, sultry enough for a night out .. sweet enough for the kids and husband ... Just a perfect scent.

I have to be very careful with anything with Sandlewood because it gives me a migrain headache when applied to my skin, but there is just enough to whisper but not scream at my head.

I find this scent very accurate with all of the notes .. Projection is great (about 2 feet) .. Longevity I will have to report back.

I feel my avater reflects this scent perfectly .. :)

Takhaet
Takhaet

Love it love it love it love it !!!!!

Pineapple and caramel ....hmmmmmmm sooo yummy!!!!
It is fresh in summer and nice and warm in winter ...fantastic , makes me want to soak in it !

atv315
atv315

To me, this is pleasant but not sophisticated at all...sweet, a bit artificial, not particularly unique and maybe kind of cheap-smelling IMO...but tastes definitely change a lot and I think I would have loved it in my early 20s.

caramorello
caramorello

this fragrance long last in my skin and blend really well . its different from the usual escada scent . i love it !

Booogie
Booogie

Beautiful! Delicious! Alluring! This scent is absolutely perfect. It's sweet & fluffy but also slightly bitter & green. I know, I know... Sounds weird and unbalanced but it works. It stays warm, close and cuddly. If the juice were a person, I'd marry it. It definitely deserves at least one sniff.

LexiOD
LexiOD

I heard that Magnetism was discontinued (and as it turns out, you actually can still buy it) and found the full 3.4 ounce bottle at a discount store for $40. I was excited because Escada perfumes are typically nice and it seemed like something I would like, so I purchased it.
Horrible move.
The bottle of Magnetism is intriguing. A fuschia, slanted, crystal-esque figure that depicts the scent inside pretty accurately. Not my favorite packaging, but not the worst and definitely fitting for the scent; a pretty good match.
The fragrance, on the other hand, was horrid. It smells identical to Beverly Hills Polo Club HOT, which I also hated. There are few things I've smelled that I can honestly say I hate with the entirety of my being, and this is one of them. It felt like I had put my nose an inch away from a giant fire pit full of the sickliest, richest, deepest hint of woodsy sweetness I've ever encountered. It choked me and my nose (no lie) shuddered at every whiff. This scent is not just sweet and it's not just woodsy, (because typically I like sweet scents and I like woodsy scents), this is both at the same time to the EXTREME. It was like the creaters got together and threw everything they possibly could into the pot.
The lasting power of this is unfortunately the strongest and heaviest I've ever dealt with. I SCRUBBED at my wrists several times with soap and it was not only on me ALL day and a little bit of the next, but it seemed to only get stronger every time I tried to wash it off. It wasn't until a very long shower that it died down.
As if that wasn't bad enough, Magnetism had to mock me by staining my nostrils, so no matter what, for the rest of the day, I smelled a hint of it. In despiration, I attempted to drown it out with other perfumes I had handy and it would not go away. I suppose this is perfect for those who love this fragrance, because a little will go miles.
Unfortunately, I could not live with this one. I began to feel nauseous and returned it as soon as possible. Maybe it's just me, but as far as I'm concerned, this perfume is not for the faint of heart... or even the strong. It's not for anyone, in my honest opinion. 0/10 from me, and that's being kind.

xx

candys

magnetism is my signature scent, and always smells different on me from day to day, today it smells like strawberries, love it! somedays the basil takes over, love this scent so much!

SBunny
SBunny

I wanted Magnetism eveer since I first saw the notes and the category, however, reviews mentioned a green herbal smell that put me off a little.

When you first spray Magnetism there's a rush of fruits but the herbal smell (basil) quickly comes through and dominates the perfume. I didn't particularly like this stage too much and on paper it lasts quite a while, on my skin though it lasts around 20 minutes until it starts to become sweeter. Much sweeter.

It's a mixture of fruits, green notes and vanilla. I don't smell the caramel outright but I assume it mixes with the vanilla. After a while it becomes a little smokier, a little darker but still minty from those green notes.

At first I was a little dissapointed, It just wasn't love at first sniff but after wearing it my opinions changed. It's bold, daring and sexy. Certainly not a casual scent but once to wear when you intend on geting noticed.

Even though the green notes are not my favourite stage, it gives Magnetism that necessary difference to make it stand out from other berry vanilla's.

HoneyAmber
HoneyAmber

I can not say that caramel note is very noticeable here. I mean I almost try to convince myself I hear that when perfume gets warmer in the middle, but still not sure if I feel it really.
The opening is warmishly (!) greeny and nearly woodsy aromatic refind by smooth litchi. Refreshing, yes, but not in aquatic or citrusy way. More like in herbal aromatic (slightely juicy fruity) way which is really beautiful and charming.
I love the opening really much and wish it stays longer.
Then it comes middle stage with freesia and red berries (I feel them, yeah) but that is when the perfume starts slowely disappear from my skin and I am desperately trying to convince myself that it does not :). It does not dissapear fully, i mean i still feel it very well but it stays too close to my skin....or may be I think like that. Not sure if other people still feel it 5 metres away from me :) I have to investigate this.
Anyway the middle part of the perfume is still pretty, warmer then opening and sweeter in a fruity way (not in foody way).
The base...hm.... either I dont feel it but others do either it is not there any longer :)
In general I love this perfume but cos I dont feel almost amything after the middle of a middle, I keep top up after few hours and enjoy the opening again :)

Liina
Liina

The top of Magnetism is mostly about cassia and not so fruity as you would expect looking at the notes. The heart is where this perfume gets interesting. It's herbal and it's oriental at the same time. And the heart is about the sweet notes - vanilla and caramel.
Magnetism is really not for my taste but it's a piece of an art. It's a beautiful scent and I love how it developes on my skin. The problem with Magnetism is that it doesn't smell very original in my opinion. But it lasts long and it's quite sexy. And it's definitely an oriental perfume.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I'm sniffing this right now, and I am under it's spell, such a unique beauty, and the herbal green quality makes this so scrumptious but in a non gourmand kind of way, rasberry jam, lipstick, basil and herbs.. maybe a little crushed leaves. patchouli.. an earthiness to this., I do pick up jasmine and ily of the valley but not too much and just a slight rose.. the dry down is gorgeous.. sandalwood patchouli musk benzoin vetiver vanila..omg.. stop! sold sold sold. I dont like gourmand candy perfumes.. this is not that! This has a slight gourmand quality but not something that smells edible, just irresistable, and addictive! MEn go crazy over this, women too!! one of my top new finds of the year.. I've now stocked up and own 4 -2.5 oz bottles...lol

oh and I dont really pick up caramel as an individual note, it's more an overal feel... not foody caramel at all, well atleast not to my sniffer

purepoison
purepoison

Mmmmm... little black dress, high heals and spritz of Magnetism... perfection. This perfume is hot, sexy, seductive, unforgettable. the bottle and a name suits him perfectly. lasting power excellent. wanna be a femme fatale? try this one;)

evy.gc
evy.gc

DELICIOUS SCENT! I SMELL THE FRESIA, CARAMEL AND RED FRUITS! ABOSLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! IF YOU’RE A GORWN-UP WOMAN IN LOVE WITH SWEET (NOT DISGUSTING) SCENTS, THIS IS FOR YOU! ALSO I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE STAY POWER IS VERY GOOD AND IT’S FRIENDLY FOR WORK OR COLLEGE. I’D SAY IT’S GREAT FOR FALL AND WINTER. DRIES DOWN A LITTLE BIT LIKE LOLITA LEMPICKA BY LOLITA LEMPICKA. LOVE IT!!

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

I have been reading the reviews while looking at the notes and add that to my curiosity, I bought it at TJ Maxx today. Right now I am asking myself where the heck was I?, not paying attention to this gorgeous beauty all these years!! :)

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

My first immersion was that there is something bitter in top notes. It really bothered me but when settled down it was marvelous.
Too notes are of high importance to me because it is what you need to cheer up, it's the moment you leave house. the begin of your outgoing.
So I think magnetism does not suits me. I just can't wait!!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

One of my last purchase,I already knew this one, because here in portugal, it´s a very popular brand, I wasn´t sure if I should,or not buy,but I saw online a cute coffret with a 75ml+25ml two bottles, So I tought Why not?! I offered the 75ml bottle to my sister in law and kepted the tiny one, I really enjoy this one, I just don´t like to smell like everybody else,and I don´t have to, there are zillions of fragrances but, well if I like it,why shouldn´t wear it,I just try to use it, when I´m sure that won´t find nobody wearing this one ;)

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

Oh man... I think I want this.
I tried this on in a store and my first tought was "ok, someone put smoke and caramel in a bottle". Right after that the berries and fruits arrive. They have some kind of concert and then they leave back stage. The caramel is the star for the show.

nicki317
nicki317

I bought this unsniffed based on reviews and I am not disappointed. It's sweet and powdery on my skin with just a hint of berry. I really like it. It's comforting to me and I don't find it sickening or strong, so I could probably get away with wearing this to work. That's a good thing because my husband doesn't care for powdery fragrances, he prefers fruity florals and aquatics, so I can use this for work and wear his favorites on the weekend.

jojo jojo
jojo jojo

I had it long agooo, but I still LOVE IT!!! it doesn't smell like other perfume...

Babieluv
Babieluv

This reminds me of my prom back in 2004. My dress was in color of the bottle and when I was looking for perfect perfume to go with, I saw this one, smelled it and knew right away this would be THE perfume. It's sexy, sassy, sweet yet fruity. Yum! It's a shame, now I can smell it one every second girl.

rizkyduwie
rizkyduwie

love this perfume for sure. it's sweet, fruity, sexy and beautiful. love the top notes!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This might be the best fruityfloral out there on the mainstream market ...today! love this stuff.

And I agree it is a bit like gucci rush, only not so sickening sweet, and without the nasty chemical / plastic smell

9 out of possible 10

--- reporting back after wearing all day.

I can almost distincly detect the raspberry, but that with the litchi and mellon, it's blended so well it's hard to pick up individual fruits.. I also pick up what I thought might be aloe but i'm guessing that must be the basil/herbs, very nice, gives it a fresh feel and not in a bad air freshener tHe way, but an interesting dementional way.. the vanilla is just the right amount, so well done, really...and idk, but I swear this juice might contain that molecule that attracts the opposite sex, cant remember what it's called, but I swear it's in it, because while i've had many compliments, i've also had some that didn't compliment, but seemed like they were trying to get closer for some uknown reason :D lol

- reporting back again, lol
I just cant believe the response i get from this. I mean I have many perfumes that constantly get praises from people, but nothing like this. I get as much or more than other frags i wear but it's how they respond, it's not like ''wow, that's a beautiful perfume, what is it?'' , with this I get a respnse more like ''OMG what the hell is that you have on'' and the tone in the voice, LMFAO..... i swear that melecule used for perfumes must be in this, because WOW...LOL.. I also wanted to add, the green quality in this perfume is so unique, soft, wonderful, i'm just amazed by this perfume.. I guess it's probably one that will be loved or hated, i personally love this to death, I must be barried with a bottle, lol, and it really does change your mood, i put it on and it smells so good, i'm instantly happy, not that it's an overtly happy fragrance it's just that good

I do wish it lasted longer tho, perhaps it does and i just cant tell, i'll have to look into that. I keep spraying so i dont know how long others can smell it on me, but still i'd love to smell this onmyself all day, it's definently beautiful and magnificent enough to also invest in the lotion

Very sexy and yummy fragrance!

One of those fragrances which really can make my mood much better:)

Most of all I feel the litchi note, the pineapple note, the melon note, the black currant note, the caramel and the patchouli note in it. What a joyful composition! It smells so tasty!:) Mmm...

I really love this sweet and a little bit candied fragrance! Delicious!:)))

AllieK
AllieK

I hate to classify fragrances by age, but this one really speaks to me in those terms. Many perfumes are described as being either "young" or "mature." In my opinion, this strikes the perfect balance between the two. It's flirty and fun in the way of the "young" scents, and also sexy and sophisticated in the way of the "mature" ones. I'm in my mid-late 20's, and Magnetism is exactly the right representation of where I'm at in my life. It evokes images of a confident, savvy woman who knows what she wants and how to get it, but still embraces the optimistic, carefree, and of course flirtatious 17-year-old version of herself. It's the no-nonsense business woman with a wild and crazy weekend alter-ego named Brandi ;)

On my skin, Magnetism opens with the pervasive scent of red berries (seems like sweet vanilla raspberry to me), which lasts throughout the development of the fragrance. I start to get a lot of the herbiness, which I guess is the basil, in the heart notes. The drydown on me is a smoky, sexy raspberry, vanilla, caramel woodiness.

I bought this a little while back on sale in TJ Maxx as a completely blind buy. It's completely addicting and a fast favorite. I just wish it wasn't discontinued.

polka
polka

Would you ever think that chrysantemum leaves dipped in caramel can smell fantastic? Me neither, but this is how Magnetism smells to me and let me tell you: I love it, even though I am not usually into sweet, gourmandy frags. As for Escadas, I keep steering clear from most of them, as I find them boring, uninspired, too obvious and too complaisant.

But this one's different. The way that green, herbal notes have been mixed with sweet, fruity ones is quite unusual and unique. Magnetism is definitely very sweet, but it somehow manages not to be syrupy, sticky and sickeningly sweet.

It's not sweet in a comforting, lazy way, either. It's very self-assured, sexy, but not flirtatious. Great scent that keeps surprising me every time I wear it.

scentedrat
scentedrat

Really sweet and strong. I loved it when it first came out, and bought a full bottle. Very quickly it started to be "too much", and now I can't stand when anyone wears it. It IS pretty, but you have to like that kind of in-your-face sweetness or it gets overwhelming.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I wore this pretty regularly for about 2 years as it was frequent to my wardrobe for the summer. It was a fantastic fruit without getting too fruit saladish.

Its too bad its not in production anymore.

angel3198
angel3198

Best scent ever. It was my signature scent until it became discontinued. So sad. Hard to replace this one because it is so good.

Susen
Susen

Magnetism is SO hard to find. It's been my signature fragrance for nearly a decade. I absolutely ADORE it. Complex, smoky, slightly sweet, very unique. A real favourite.

ancalimon
ancalimon

a real shame !!! they stopt making this one :-(
One of the best ever !!

whitport
whitport

i just love it!the best perfume ever

pammiecillo
pammiecillo

Got this perfume today. It's true that it smells similar to Paris Hilton's Can Can although I find that this is milder and BETTER. As what you'd expect from escada, it's initial tones are sweet but this one is quite musky to me as it settles. Quite sweet and powdery but it's really alluring. Despite not liking fragrances that are musky, I like this one sooooo much. It is also true that the more you wear it, the more you'll love it. I'm about to go to bed and I couldn't resist to spray just a little bit. It's sexy but young, very evening fragrance I'd say. It's really hard to explain it, it's a perfect balance.

Update: Also the bottle is quite different. I Love the unique shape and the pop of colour. It reminds me of Crash Bandicoot Crystals.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I like how this was referred to as a "party". That's a great description! I don't know why I waited so long to try this. I think it may have been the extensive list of notes, or perhaps the fact that all Escadas tend to smell the same to me. But Magnetism is the yummy berry candy fluff I had hoped to get(but didn't) with Paco Rabanne Ultra Red. Even though it is a delicious sweet treat it isn't completely lacking maturity. I definitely get the musk, pathcouli, and a bit of peppery caraway that roughs up the sweetness a bit. I didn't get any of the basil or green notes on my skin. Mostly berry candy musk. Yum. I imagine myself having a great time in this scent.

DocTales
DocTales

Cotton candy. It is like walking around at a carnival or a German Christmas market!

I like to smell it on other people, but it is not for me.

SheShe
SheShe

I had it. At first I liked it but with no WOW's, then it really attracted me (MAGNETISM is its name and it's right), I loved the way basil was put there. After a short time my love to the fragrance had passed away because the smell is too sweet for me to wear it. It's very sweet... The bottle in reality looks much better, it's created from a beautiful shaped glass of a great quality. The smell is also of a very good quality.

artsymom
artsymom

Strawberry blast in the beginning and fades down to a heavy vanilla, powdery, herbal scent. Pretty interesting. CatBlanc- I smell the basil you mentioned! After wearing for several hours, I smell vanilla and basil. I wouldn't wear it in very hot weather because I think it would be too intense. It almost has a sneezy quality as well which may be the sandalwood and amber. Still, I kind of like it- but it's best in the beginning, not the dry down and usually I feel the opposite about perfumes.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

I really, really wanted to love Magnetism. It was a blind buy based on the reviews and the notes, I am a vanilla and gourmand lover and it looked like it could be the right frag for me.
It is nice and delicious, but on my skin it is not at all that sweet. It does smell like caramel but I agree with Inspire0111, it is sort of dry (?) caramel and I can detect some red berries and vanilla, all these are definitely there.
Lasting power is disappointing - maybe 2-3 hours and then it`s gone. Sillage is just about ok. I don`t know what went wrong because most reviews praise Magnetism`s lasting power so I guess it must be just my skin chemistry.
I am a bit confused about when and how to use this perfume: to me it is not powerful and longlasting enough to be a fragrance for a night out, but maybe a little bit too naughty for daytime use :)

Nice fragrance, I don`t love it, but I like it.
I will deifinitely use up my bottle, however I will be nowhere near tempted to buy a second one.

Also, as someone has mentioned before, Magnetism slightly resembles to Naomi Cambell`s Naomi Campbell, minus the fruity notes. I think I will stick to Naomi`s frag in the future if I want caramel overload - that one is slightly cheaper and well blended with better lasting power.

bellahell
bellahell

oh....my....GAWDS!!!! i smell SOOO #%*@!&$ good!

very fruity, sweet and sexy on my skin. i love the top notes. drydown is very sweet, but i love very sweet frags anyway. i love that it doesnt smell too teen/girly (cos all ages can wear this) and has a sex appeal that YOUR MAN WILL LOVE! great for a night on the town with your girls or that hot date. i garner many compliments when wearing this sexy frag. YUMMY

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

A blind buy... and I regret it : (
A man told me I smell like basil..!!

Definitely a gourmand, opens with sour and sharp red berries note.

I smell freesia after the initial blast of berries and vanilla, creating an unharmonised caramel-floral heart. Complicated but not well blended, hence feeling a little unpleasant on the skin.

The dry down is generic vanilla cupcake and faint caramel.

To me a good gourmand is Hanae Mori, where everything is round, smooth and skin-soft.

I really wanted to love magnetism,
- but there's something 'scratchy' about the scent..

miriamrosa
miriamrosa

This is one of my most beloved scents of all times. Sweet, sexy, yet sophisticated and not "grassy" neither "woody". Just bliss!
I used Escada perfumes for many years but now I am looking for other brands. Why? Escada still performs animal testing. I am looking forward to find the same kind of non-obvious sweetness I've found in Escada...

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Interesting perfume.. I get mostly patchouli and caramel. The composition is fairly linear and suprisingly not as sweet as I expected. The flowers are totally lost on me. Fruits I get only for a very short while in the beginning (at that short-lived stage this perfume comes very close to Black XS)

I am not sure why this is categorized as oriental vanilla - I don't get the vanilla here at all. For me, this is more a gourmand fragrance. It is not juicy, it is actualy fairly dry on me - I think the patchouli does that. I get the same dry feel (presumably coming from the patchouli) also in perfumes like La Roue de La Fortune 10 (D&G) and M (Mariah Carey).

Do I like this? I don't hate it but I certainly can't subscribe to the hype that seems to prevail in the reviews here. But then again, I've only just got it and I am willing to give it a chance and see how it wears on me :-)

ticalica
ticalica

Girlish party in a bottle! Full of sweetened berries and fruits, although it is linear, but it is not a problem in this case

Somewhat like a lollipop

Lasting power and sillage are not bad

It is ideal when you want to feel pretty without applying makeup

I hope that sums it

Lena S
Lena S

For me, Magnetism for some reason brings associations with the Carnival of Venice.

This one had been my favourite for some time, but I got a kind tired of its sweetness after a while.
Still that's a brilliant blend - sweet and a bit sharp for patchouli and basil.
Bright and comprehensive sweetness, definitely intriguing and sexy. Like a beautiful stranger at that Carnival of Venice...

Thandar
Thandar

Sweet floral scent.It reminds me of my romantic high school days which I can never get again whenever i get this scent.I love it and adore it.

malia
malia

Magnetism is a good name for this perfume. Attracting power is verrrry strong ;-) I love this scent. And all the compliments i get wearing it tell me that people just love it too! Sexy and seductive perfume. It even made Tenderhearted write an Ode!! Great!

jlive31
jlive31

haha! It is incredibly good on my skin, I've never had something respond like that, it becomes warm as if I've been dancing in some sexy heels. It's aptly named. I laugh because I will never forget how I was introduced to it. I was walking through a department store and the perfume people trapped me. The man and woman seemed eager, and I was in no hurry. The man said Magnetism was the new fragrance and I agreed to a spritz on my wrist. I smelled it, ooh it was good. They wanted to smell it too. I will never forget how the man's expression went from "sell sell sell" to how can I get her number. I walked away with a smile that is still on my face. Magnetism.

qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id
qilaparfume@yahoo.co.id

similar with Lancome Tropique..

Cookie Jar
Cookie Jar

Lovely sexy candy fruity smell. Very feminine. After a while it is a little to sweet, but that's ok for me. Very cute and yummy! Love it!
Recommended for: Spring/Summer.
Lasts on my skin: 4-5 hours.

Ode to Magnetism:

You bring a smile to my face
No other perfume can replace
Your mint earth green trees
Your branches growing dark berries
Sweet vanilla,warm caramel please

Your layers bring unique and gorgeous things
Your creamy heliotrope is growing wings

Your rich resins make you deep
and all day long
You do keep
me fascinated

Your freesia jasmine flowers dance
In and out
Heady and mysterious
and you
make strangers curious
"What is that scent?"

Magnetism.........

tenderhearted

This perfume sings to me,luring me in with it's magical spell.

It is very green,with the patchouli taking power over everything (I LOVE this!) This smells minty (patch can do that,as it is in the mint family). But then as it wears,melding with my skin,the gorgeous earth and green share music with other notes. Then it smells sweet,spicy,woody,like a bunch of black currants and juicy melon,warmed by a hot day's sun resting on a wooden bench,blending so magically with those sweet,spicy warm resins that anchor so well any perfume. It is creamy,yet powdery too,with caramel and vanilla to make your mouth water!It is truly unique,and I suggest you try it if you like heady,green, sweet gourmands.

I would also like to mention,that occasionally,the jasmine,heliotrope,and freesia floral scents do weave in and out. This scent is so complex and layered. The freesia is sweet/spicy soft,jasmine is primal sweet,and the heliotrope is a paradise of creaminess.

I have a vegan "knock off",not the "real" Magnetism,but it truly does not matter to me,as long as my perfumes are vegan/cruelty free.I don't know anything about the makers of the "real" Magnetism,only the online maker of the knock off. I am in love with it,and it lasts a long time. We should change that animal photo up there,as most perfumes do not have animal musk in them anymore. Even if people are getting annoyed with me (sorry) but for me, being for animal rights comes first,then the scent is second.

Hyponse
Hyponse

Nice scent of vanilla and fruit. Sexy and feminine scent. Love it!

Ieva_st
Ieva_st

I smelled it in Paris airport and it struck me with it's magnetic dizzying aroma. I enjoyed it till it's last drop and I am pretty sure I will get back to it one day. Absolutely gorgeous scent, tasty, sexy, spirituous and mystic. Perfect for cold seasons, not spring and summer.

miahreis
miahreis

My sister-in-law was nice enough to give this to me as a Christmas gift, and upon first smell I fell in love! I've never smelled anything like this one before! Upon first spray, it's very floral and sweet, then it dries down to a lovely candy-vanilla smell. Love this perfume, I'll definitely wear it for winter-fall!

soiloe
soiloe

very sugary but nice wear

pauluch3
pauluch3

It's a beautiful summer scent. Smells like a bar of fruity soap on first spray. For cheerful and sweet girls:) Makes me happy.

JasmineNikole
JasmineNikole

I actually really like this scent. Its fruity but not a harsh fruity scent. I like it..

kofykat
kofykat

It is a very VERY sweet scent. Only to be used on those days when your nose isn't too sensitive. I personally used to love this perfume, then I hated it, then i loved it again, i'm now on my third bottle. It's been a consistent one for me. But I'd say it a younger perfume. teens and early twenties. Not for those who like aquatic scents because this will make you queasy.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Magnetism was a big letdown for me. I'd read so many good reviews about it that I was expecting a lot of it but when I finally tried it for myself I just found it to be way too sweet, sickly, synthetic and cheap smelling. I couldn't wait to wash it off because it made me feel queasy.

I absolutely adore Escada Signature (Escada 2005) which is much, much better than Magnetism because it's fresh, clean and classy smelling. Signature has become one of my all-time favorite perfumes. Magnetism, on the other hand, is just far too sweet and cloying. I'm certainly glad I didn't blind buy a bottle over the internet, which I had originally been tempted to do. If I had I'd have definitely returned it or swapped it. A big thumbs down from me.

takeasniff
takeasniff

Smells like Naomi Campbells original one. I can smell heaps of caramel. I only have the lotion and that is very strong and lasts all day. I love it. If you don't like caramel avoid it.

mariaraluca
mariaraluca

il find it pretty similar to inside bu trussardi. maybe the strong scent of vanilla makes me connect it to this one.

maddame
maddame

Slightly reminds me of Absolutely Irresistible from Givenchy, must be the Jasmine.

It doesn't really last on my skin (top 3-4hrs) and dries down to a sweet vanilla that is almost nauseating.

All in all, not a bad scent, but nothing remarkable. I prefer Absolutely Irresistible.

EvinSaleh
EvinSaleh

I love this perfume!!! just amazing. so delisious and like magnetism. I´s good as night perfume or for partytime. I recomend it for women who are not afraid to be seen!

sophisticated
sophisticated

Magnetism!! what can i say about it? just like the name, guys stop me asking if i'm wearing EM, that's how special it is :P , so unique, unforgettable sexy perfume

candys

Im so in love with Magnetism! But it can be a little sweet. It has something that i can't put my finger on, when the powder sets in there is a very sexy note in it, not that old lady smell like it use to in powder-smelling scents. This is not like any other fragrance. LOVE IT!

Antigone
Antigone

I don't know why but I simply don't like this scent. It is too sharp, too noisy, too many notes, too popular, blah blah blah...

glitteralex
glitteralex

I was loathe to try this on account of the bottle's semblance to Very Irresistible, which does not work for me, and the fact that all of Escada's recent offerings have been for people many decades younger than I. Then, today, a stylish middle aged woman came into the shop today and asked for it...and I was tempted. So, before leaving, I gave myself a generous dousing and headed out...what a pleasant surprise! Fruity-Floral-Woody, all in potent doses, and delicious! I noticed mostly Currant and other berries, with a fresh note, followed by a synthetic but nice Rose. The drydown came only after an hour, and was cheap incense and powder, which I am still enjoying many hours later. Very potent with incredible sillage that provoked a few inquiries.

While this type of scent is not really to my taste, I must commend Escada on creating something which shamelessly screams "Smell Me", and has a well-balanced composition. I'll add this to Amarige, Poison, Giorgio, & Stella as a perfume that commands attention (loud). Wear carefully!

p.s. would be great as a stripper scent, second only to Dior Addict original.

Ecmaddox
Ecmaddox

Sweet and sexy! My husband loves how it smells on me. I think it's great for nighttime wear. It doesn't last as long as G by Marciano which I think it smells similar to but I still absolutely love it. It's reaaally sweet and I lOve smelling delicious :)

olga1780
olga1780

I almost forgot i had it, as it was lost among numerous bottles of other perfumes as a result of my while fragrance chase. I really can't stand most of Escada fragrances because they totally lack refinement and sofistication.But Magnetism has it all: sweetness, fruitiness, spiciness, originality, and above all class. I still enjoy wearing it.

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

This smells good for the first 5 minutes. Then you get sick from how sweet it is and will want to wash it off. The dry down smells like cheap dollar store lotion and stale imitation vanilla that's been sitting out in the sun for the entire day.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is unlike anything I have ever smelled before. Sexy, sweet, fruity and fun! This would be a great summer perfume or to wear out on the town. Fabulous!

This is SUCH a masterpiece! I used to have it, but now I only have the Magnetic Beat version. Also a very wonderful perfume, but I really need to get me this one back!

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

This is a very sensuous, warm scent...I purchased a 1.7 EDP from Symmes for $19.99 and I absolutely fell in love with it. It reminds me of a sweeter version of Flowerbomb. I can really smell the warm amber and slight melon scent, which is why I think this Escada is more meant as a Winter scent. It isn't like other fruity Escada perfumes if that is what you are looking for...however, you will LOVE it if you like Flowerbomb or Ralph Lauren Hot!

aelias
aelias

Not great. It reminds me a lot of Casmir and Wish - fruity and vanilla without a whole lot of substance. Not worth buying a bottle.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I had so many expectations with this...but sadly, all I can smell is sugar + licorice and maybe some generic, synthetic smell of fruits... maybe it doesn't work with my chemistry.

la_beba
la_beba

This scent remind me of my lolita lempicka perfume minus the smokey smell. I love it.

It is more fuity+sweet+yummy+sexy. I can see mysef wearing this day and night. Oh i'm in love with this, the only down side is the bottle (i got 75ml) is really tall, I can't put it on my drawer, have to lay it flat..hehe..

edit: wear it today, it is similar to paris hilton can can on my skin...love it!!

napiergirl
napiergirl

Hmmmmmmmmm do i like this ? Was very excited to try this after reading reviews BUT this is a good example of try before you buy .It starts off fruity but has a very powdery sweet dry down that to me is a tad old lady and cheap ...shame because i really wanted to love this.

nadamohamed
nadamohamed

this perfum is amazing !!! it's very suitable for any weather ! sweet &oriental in the same time. i keep trying another escada's but i retun to it every now and then :)

princesshegab
princesshegab

I wore this all throughout my holiday in Egypt and brings back good memories. I love that its different and nothing like it on the market. Its not fruity nor sweet, nor musky, theres really nothing to describe it except MAGNETISM. its smells magnetic in a way that you are drawn towards that smell that you can't explain. its truly wonderful and a masterpeice! Oh and people will compliment you like crazy and wonder where that smell is coming from.

bucuriimarunte
bucuriimarunte

@Azazello

As far as I'm concerned, it's the "Black XS" version of "Lempika Midnight". It may be difficult to picture this combination, but this perfume is absolutely awesome only if you're into sweet powdery scents.

sistercurare
sistercurare

Gourmand!
Caramel, light vanilla, (some kind of ) berries. Can't wear it at work, but for a night one, people love it on me.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Beautiful fragrance that reminds me of a mixture of the three: Lempicka Minuit, Lancome Magnifique and Naomi Campbell Naomagic :-)
It is very rich; much different than other bunch of Escada's fruity florals.
Magnetism is sophisticated, great for an evening out for two.
It may also be great for office wear but needs to be applied gently.
It has great staying power and sillage, I have only lightly sprayed it this morning and can still smell it on my wrist (it is 5pm now).
Very feminine and ideal for coming winter months.
It really boosts my confidence and make me feel sooooo feminine.
The two, Magnetism and S are my two favourite Escada creations; feminine, universal, long lasting and elegant.
Surely well worth trying!

wildorchid
wildorchid

i find this is a fragrence that men are attracted too,i always get complements when i wear this and its ALWAYS from men!

angels
angels

For me it smells like apples with sugar or sugar syrop... with a little bit of smoke dose. I think I like Escada Magnetism rather I don't. But otherwise it's cool perfume for winter or evening cases.

daria79
daria79

I don't know what to think, I bought this one without testing because I read that it is nice oriental vanilla witch I usually love, but when I sprayed it I got some plastic kind of smell! then after 30 min. it gets a bit better and I can smell vanilla + chocolate + patchuli.

Christal
Christal

its one of my favourite fragrance..!i really love it!
its a sweet,sexy and such a romantic sense...i recommend it for the first date...<3 :)

mjqueen
mjqueen

i like escada so i thought id give this one a shot but its sharp like some kind of toilet spray i dont like it at all

claudia_23
claudia_23

is adorable, i have it is very sweet and oriental, sugary . I smell red fruits vanilla and incense. I love all of it very special. I don't know why but i love it on summer nights and i get lots of compliments on it, is gourmand , sweet exactly my tipe of scent delicious

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Amazing scent,very different from the other Escadas.I had it a few years ago abd actually used it all up.Very sexy and confident smell for a young mature woman.I can tell you that the guys really like this one too..

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I have been using it since 2004 and the first time I met this magical thing in summer, on vacation, thats why for me this is a summer scent, I can not imagine wearing it on winter.

Some people may find it "too much" but for me its just right and well blended.
I wear it when I want to left a perfume cloud behind me and it works all the time, I always draw compliments and people ask me about my perfume. And I never had a negative critic about it.

I think it matches more with brunettes then blondes, but thats my opinion.
The perfume itself is really magnetic, but you should spray it just once or twice, less is more is the keyword of this scent.

It reminds me walking along a marina in a vacation town and a warm and mild seabreeze sweeps my half moist hair gently after sundown.
Such a sexy scent...

Lilybel
Lilybel

I smelled this perfume once on my friend, and decided to get one for myself..I geuss that was a mistake. This perfume is so "too much" and heavy for everyday use...it's one of the most extreme perfumes I ever had, by the time I empied the bottle I was so tired and sick of it..It gave me headache.
I like escada, but this one is not such a good thing.
Sniff before u buy, and if u want a perfume for everyday use...and u r not the "over-too-much" type..this one is not for u.

LenaBel
LenaBel

At first it smells to me like a deeper and darker version of Lolita Lempicka on my skin (weird body chemistry!). Then after 15minutes it started settling down little by litte and its caramel-patchouli-vanilla base reminded me Angel (just a calmer side of it). This is a warm gourmandy vanilla based fragrance, sultry and deep. I think it is best to wear it in the evening.
Personally I found it to be just OK (dont like patchoulli) but my mother really disliked it, she said it stank. Maybe it is just not right for my skin!

AMAZING staying power on my skin!

rithacha
rithacha

Magnetism is unmistakable and highly memorable. I have yet to decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

The opening reminds me of Guerlain's Insolence with a rubbery red currant/berry note. It is a heavy, smothering oriental fruity at this point, thick and lotiony in consistency like a Victoria's Secret fragrance. But the heavy berry sweetness peels away into a considerably nicer drydown dominated by light jasmine, vanilla, and CARAMEL. Very mouthwatering bakery-like smell that reminds me of a more sophisticated and thicker Fancy.

Overall, Magnetism is a pleasant enough fragrance that wouldn't smell garish on a teenager. I prefer the berries in Sexy Little Things Noir and the caramel in Golden Goddess, but this mini should be enough for me to sniff once in a while.

Plus I have a feeling this clubbing fragrance might grow on me . . .

serenity3107
serenity3107

i get a lot of compliments when i wear this perfume..really sexy and mysterious..its darkness reminds me of midnight poison
very smokey-spicy-oriental and not at all "fruity-sweet""

queenssess
queenssess

"I'm strong, some masculine some tones of sweet and some feeling of a womenhood somehow are gone"...as said before still strpng, still masculine but why ı can feel the absence of the sexiest womanhood???

kankine
kankine

One of my most favorite fragrances. I thought that it would be too strong for me, but it didn't. It's sexy and very feminine. When I tried it several guys said that I smell fantastic and my friends commented how delicious I smell :))

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

I love many of Escada`s scents like Desire me,Incredible me,Ocean Loungue...and this one- I m in love,this frag has so depth and sensual smell,very sweet like caramel,I just adore it like almost all from Escada`s....

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

I initially smelled this because of all the good reviews on here, and it was very different from what I was expecting.

This smells very, very similar to Paris Hiltons' 'Can Can', except a bit more expensive, deeper version of it.
I have smelled a number of Escada perfumes, and they all smell the same to me(with the exception of Escada Signature, which smells so dull, lifeless, & plain). But this one, while fruity like all of Escadas' others, has SO much more going in it. Sweet & fruity, with a dessert-like quality to it, mixed with some musk, vanilla, and lots of amber. It's very beautiful, and so sexy too.

I'm still looking to buy myself a bottle, but will only do so once one of my stores carries the 2.7oz version of it, not the 1.7oz. Hopefully this will happen sooner than later.

livingdedgrl
livingdedgrl

this is my all time favorite perfume! i love it!!!!! my husband loves it, my friends always comment on how great i smell, get comments from strangers as well. it is just that one perfume you find that remains your signature scent and this is mine! my sister had it and once i smelled it i was hooked for good! i am a big musk fan and this has everything in that i love! i especially love wearing it when i get dressed up to go out.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is VERY FRUITY! A very intoxicating scent! It seem to me that the fruity scents don't last long at all though. Este Lauders Exotic Pleasures screams fruit coming from the bottle when you put your nose to it then you apply it and soon the scent of fruit is totally gone and your left with not a trace of the original scent you thought you had! Fruity scents are very deceiving!

c3c
c3c

This has a strong similarity to Brittany Spears In Control Curious with a tropical kick to it. Perhaps it's the pineapple that breaks it away from the black cherry/berry note of Brittany's. It's very very sweet, but for me not over the top sweet. If your a fan of In Control Curious you should enjoy Magnetism. If your not a fan of sugary sweet you should try it before you consider buying it.

carol.octa
carol.octa

Escada Magnetism is a sexy, potent and wild fragrance!!
Although this is a sweet fragrance, I can feel some kind of an ice smell in it, and I think that the basil note (I am not sure) refreshes the combination and makes the difference. Men seems to like it and I have received compliments when I am wearing it. My boyfriend enjoys it too. He says this smells delicious and it makes him remember of candys, but in a good and not overpowering way...

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Escada Magnetism immortalizes the power of attraction between a man and a woman. The alluring potion blends luxurious scents of freesia, black currant, jasmine and cashmere vanilla.

Mentactx
Mentactx

This perfume is especial,i love the smell.

jadin1618
jadin1618

This fragrance has got the right amount of sweetness to it. It's not overpowering and its kinda addictive and mouth-watering. Whenever I wear this people around me always lean in closer just to smell me more! I'd say it lives up to it's name,it really "magnets" people to me. It is seductive without being slutty.

rednose
rednose

This made people want to sniff me up-close, which frankly, I really like!:P

MoietToi
MoietToi

This scent is quiet a peculiar one actually. First it smells like caramelized fruit this fruity theme goes on and then I smell mint. Which is very weird considering that this note is not listed at all. Anyways I thinks this scent isn't too sweet it's more fruity-minty on my skin. But thetype of woman I could picture wearing this one is a sporty woman who likes to be outdoors. Very fresh and abit timid.

sabsoob
sabsoob

u know when u have a perfume that ur so in love with and everyone is asking u about it and ur proudly yet kindly tell them about it, then after a few months u find out that everyone around u is wearing it at work, college and parties... thats my story

gucci
gucci

this perfume it's so sweet i think it's worth buying i love the notes pineapple, melon and caramel which are my favorites smells like cotton candy but it's not that kind of sickening cotton candy

wild_strawberry
wild_strawberry

It's cute, very sexy and sweet. I can smell freesia, violet and caramel. Good staying power on my skin.

smoki
smoki

I'm a big fan of Escada's summer editions. But, if you're not, there's a solution for you - Magnetism. It's atypic fragrance, that doesn't have much of similarity with limited summer editions. Although it has fruit start, red berries and litchi are mixed with melon and pinapple, so you only have a suggestion of some kind of clear fruity fragrance. It's everything but clear and fresh.
With heart notes it starts to seduct everyone around you! Red berries are still there, but jasmine takes over the composition. Within a moment, caramel and vanilla are going to join this great sweet company.
And there it is - great perfume, not for one season, but for all times! And for all women out there that want to be Afrodita, the goddess of love! That's why this fragrance has such elegant red bottle. It's seductive inside and outside both!

vdxl
vdxl

Really sexy and loud. It is maybe more potent than the men's version, which may seem delicate. It is sparkling though, very feminine, it has some tropical cocktail notes which make it suitable for teens too, but still it does not smell cheap at all. It smells rather daring. I would consider it as a follower to Samsara for people who enjoy exotic locations, for women who want to be modern.

noharadwan
noharadwan

i like magnetism alot ,the notes are well blended together , its very special ,feminine and fruite but not sooo sweet thats why i prefer it , this is the best escada ever

Anna_C
Anna_C

Waaaay tooo sweet for me! I love most Escada fragrances mainly because of the balance between being girl, sexy, sweet and fruity without crossing the nausea line but this one crossed the line. As much as I hate to say this about any Escada fragrance, it was synthetic, Sharp and sickly sweet. A real shame.

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

First, my best friend wore this as a signature scent. When I couldn't resist buying a little bottle and wearing it from time to time, she became a bit sulky...But anyway, its likeable for almost everyone. Nobody will feel disturbed. The caramel and strawberry make it very girlish. I imagine a 50ties-dress with pink dots and a long blond ponytail.

it's just another great and young perfume from escada.maybe I'm releating all of the perfumes.but this one smells a bit like CH by carolina herrera,but it's more complicated.it's sweeter and more rich.
I like the way sweet it is,it's not something TOO sweet,it's just fair,without over powering.
it's not revealing too much femininity.it can even be wore by a male.
sophisticated and modern.8 stars out of 10

frangipani
frangipani

I was eagerly awaiting some samples in the post and they arrived today from the US...YAY! but as much as I like the fragrance....I can't believe how much it reminds me of Armani Night which I used to wear. Ok so this is much sweeter but when I looked at the top and middle notes I could see why this perfume took me straight back to a few years ago and a personal relationship I would rather forget. Wow it is amazing how a smell can remain linked to a time in your life...good or bad. I am gutted though as this is a luscious evening/night on the town kind of fragrance. The search continues.....

cruzy80
cruzy80

One of my all time favorites! Sweet, warm, caramelly, thought a little bit green and fresh...yum. My kind of scent. I like this in the spring and summer.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

Het is een heerlijke, zoete geur, wel zwaar en heftig.
Een van mijn favoriete geuren.
De geur blijft de hele dag door te ruiken. Excelent.

A very good, heavy, sweet parfume, also mature i think. I like these one very much. De staying power is great.

LORENA
LORENA

si, emeraude.. a mi tambien me gustan mucho las fragancias escada son florales frescas y juveniles tambien. magnetism es fantastico.

VioletLily
VioletLily

This is a gorgeously delicious! A deep inhalation reveals much sweetness, caramel, coffee, flowers, blackcurrant, berries and wood, rounded out with the almond blossom, vanilla, amber, musk and sandalwood. What a wonderful mix! It’s lovely and warm and a touch effervescent. It reminds me a touch of Pink Sugar too, which I love, except without the licorice and cotton candy. I’m not sure if I’ll buy a full bottle of this, but I’ll definitely finish my big sample!! PS: Sometimes I get that rubber scent, which reminds me the teeniest bit of Bvlgari Black and L’Artisan Tea for Two, but it’s just a tiny note that’s in it and not overpowering to my nose.

falovalo
falovalo

One of my most favorite fragrances. Smells slightly like cotton candy, only thing that could make it better is if the green notes were a little more distinct. Nice and comfy.

jdoreme
jdoreme

This is a very seductive perfume! It makes me feel sexy when I have it on.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

nice perfume, but from the other reviews, i expected something a little stronger or stranger. it reminds me A LOT of Heavenly. on me, it ends up smelling like cherry coke which is nice.

debesiena
debesiena

I wear when I want to stand out. Very powerful.

popcorn
popcorn

i like this escada ,deep ,worm ,sweet. whole skarf this parfums is sweet with delicate tender notes flowers , long lasting and magnetic nice wearing in cool days

maschin
maschin

its a very attractive perfume. very sweet, in a pleasant, warm and unique way. it is very lasting on me without loosing its freshness.
also i hear many compliments when wearing it :)

dizzi
dizzi

Sexy,sweet,warm.It's caramel notes plus the fresh beginning is equal to a awesome fragrance.It's too powering for summer but at fall and winter is great.

zMaya
zMaya

It is very sweet,but it has something cold and arrogant in it.It's perfect for night out, lasts all night long,even the next day.Definitely gives the best in fall and winter.In warmer conditions ,sweetness can be overwhealming.

dolita
dolita

its very fruity and sweety

Ninulia
Ninulia

It differs from the usuall Escada smells... very seductive and lasts long...

wildflower
wildflower

I absolutely hate almoust all Escadas summerfragrances. I love sweet scents, but they are sweet in a way that gives me a truly bad headache. Yack!

This is similar to Escadas other perfumes, but it has more depth, wich might be why I like this one very much. It develops to a very beatiful seductive and sweet fragrance. The red fruits are dominant at first. I like wearing it, when I feel girly and cutesy, but when I still want a scent to be sensual.

crystal
crystal

very nice perfume. it has a distinct smell of freesia, so smells a little similar with Gucci Rush. I tried on but it doesn't last long, maybe coz its EDT, actually gone really fast( Gucci Rush is much better).

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

i prefer sentiment or rockin' rio. I ever sprayed it on my wrist..i can't stand the smell. First spray is alright..but after it goes dry i can smell sweet sickening scent. It's a no for me.

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

It`s wild, very sexy and ruddy scent of desire. I would say, that has something in common with Paco Rabanne Black XS, but this one is more powerful and dynamic, with significant blend of red berries, spicy rose, and caramel. Long lasting and very seductive like it`s name:)

rebella
rebella

One of my favourite perfumes. It is sweet, fruity but still very sexy, feminine and in a way mature (but, not in a dull way, more in an experienced and tempting way). The topnote is OK, but the note that still lingers on my skin after some hours are amazing... I cant stop sniffing on myself then. ;)Try it!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Like all Escada perfumes, this one is packed with sweet, fun, beautiful notes and tones. It almost seems edible! I shared this bottle with my mother, and it went away quick! I would recommend this for any woman looking for a powerfully sensual and cute scent.

Escada Magnetism by Escada 3.95 out of 5 based on 1606 ratings and 302 user reviews

FragranceShop.com
Escada Magnetism Perfume by Escada - 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Escada Magnetism Perfume by Escada - 2.5 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Escada Magnetism Eau De Parfume Spray 75ml 2.5oz
Escada Magnetism Eau De Parfume Spray 75ml 2.5oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Magnetism fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada Magnetism, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Magnetism by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Magnetism by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.