Designers » D E » Oriental Woody « Groups

Escada Magnetism for Men Escada for men

Escada Magnetism for Men Escada for men
dislike

leather
Escada Magnetism for Men Escada for men Pictures Escada Magnetism for Men Escada for men Pictures Escada Magnetism for Men Escada for men Pictures

After Magnetism for women, Escada has launched a male version of the fragrance. The perfume was created by the master perfumer for men's fragrance, Michel Almairac in 2004. The fragrance is very sensual; its intense dark aroma includes woodsy, spicy and balsamic notes.

Pepper and saffron reveal their hot and spicy temperament from the beginning. The heart is composed of very masculine and elegant woodsy notes of sandalwood and cedar. The sharp leather notes are contrasting the warm and balsamic oriental base of Tolu balsam, amber, musk and vanilla.

Woody Notes Saffron

Leather Sandalwood Cedar

Tolu Balsam Amber Musk

Tracy

Escada Magnetism for Men Fragrance Reviews

sammc
sammc

Smells like someone put a cigarette out in a glass of wine.

aero_captain2003
aero_captain2003

I have about half of a 50ml bottle left, and I'll be sad when the day comes that I use the final few sprays. This has been my staple since 2004 when it was launched.

@t
@t

I love this smell it will last 4ever on u...

tani.nikshici
tani.nikshici

Excellent scent and Very sexy

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

It looks like all Escada male frags are discontinued. This is the most unigue designer scent ever IMO. The tolu balsam,amber,saffran, and leather are fantastic. I am not a huge fan of leather but the surrounding notes make this astounding. It's a very deep and rich oriental that can easily outshine most niche scents of it's type.i bought a couple bottles before it got discontinued so it will remain in my collection forever. The longevity and silage are excellent unless you got a fake bottle in which plenty are sold on Ebay. Easily over 10 hours with silage being steady throughout the maturation of the scent. If you can find it at around $150 I would say go for it!

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Managed to pick up a bottle of this,while just on holiday with the wife and kids in Spain.
I really love that cherry coke thing going on with it, its so playful and sexy, with a nice balmy drydown, that really does it justice.
Also the best leather smell that I've ever got my nose on,,smells like an old biker jacket I used to wear in the 80s, that I used to polish with patchouli oil, its simply amazing.
This frag has been a real shit to find for a reasonable price, I'm so glad I managed to finally get a bottle for €35.
I love the stuff, but I'm gonna use it sparingly. Glad I can tick this off my wish list..
I like to make a comparison frag on my reviews, but this smells very unique,, maybe the only frag that smells a bit like this is, la nuit d'lhomme.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

parfum yg luar biasa dari escada.. tercium seperti bau soda yg di campur dengan minuman keras, sangat unik dan berkelas!
dengan tingkat kesulitan untuk mendapatkan parfum ini mencapai 98%, maka beruntunglah bagi yg memiliki parfum ini.

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

Since I've gotten into perfumery I've become fascinated with discontinued fragrances that flopped but are now considered ahead of their time with huge cult followings. A few come to mind -- Le Feu d'Issey, Gloria by Cacharel, Gucci Rush for Men, Kingdom by Alexander McQueen, and this fragrance, Escada Magnetism.

One of the first things you'll encounter prominently in Magnetism is the lightly spicy, suede-like sensation of tolu balsam, which is both smooth and rough at the same time. There is a mild leather note underneath, running parallel to the tolu balsam. Beyond that there's a faint echo of animalic musk, and a dash of woodsy spiciness. This is a very powdery fragrance for a man, even more so than Dior Homme. The composition is fairly linear and has moderate wear time and projection.

Magnetism is successful in its attempt at being a seductive nighttime fragrance for men. It is sophisticated, sexy, and gentlemanly. It's an attractive scent but I personally wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars on eBay to acquire it.

silentman26
silentman26

This is a complicated perfume. It opens great like liquer (actually smells like dry martini to me!) and then becomes softer and sweeter. You can smell the leather, that resin/balsam and saffron. It is way better than Escada Sentiment. But it has poor longevity at least when i wear it. Stil i love it.

abcmore
abcmore

very soft, powdery opening, it smells to me like a very feminine scent. This is what the makeup isle at your local drugstore smells like. At 1 point I started to wonder if they sent me the wrong sample cause no way this is a guy's perfume. Powdery scents like this one are Not for guys. Also I don't think is worth what Amazon sellers are asking. My rating 5/10

toto453
toto453

Really good frag !! The only weak point is its poor longevity & sillage on my skin...
I easily smell balsamic/incense scent in this frag.

Suvi23
Suvi23

Sadly this wonderful fragrance has also been discontinued. Hence the high price.

I love everything about Magnetism. I love the tolu balsam with leather and amber. I love sandalwood with saffron. A very powdery scent. This mixture creates a grape-coke cocktail like smell. I do not know how or why but I get that.

Magnetism is dark, mysterious, elegant, romantic, masculine. It is woody, sweet and magnificent. High quality fragrance.

I got a 50ml bottle as a gift, after months of wishing and loving my 5ml sample. Later, I found another 50ml bottle for less than £30, which was an unmissable deal. This means I have a lot of Magnetism left, and I use it only for special occasions.

Longevity is fantastic, 12-13 hours. Projection is not so heavy, projects in arm length, but it does it for a very long time. I do not mind if a fragrance does not radiate for half a mile, but I want it to project for long time. I will keep looking for a good deal on Magnetism. Never enough of it. I will love this until my death.

Stop producing this, was a huge mistake by Escada.

Projection: 10/10
-------------------------
Overall: 30/30

*** MASTERPIECE BADGE ***

johannbale
johannbale

This could easily rank as my weirdest fragrance. Smells weird and make you feel even weirder. It was like you're pouring any cola's drinks and inks onto your skin. You're a weirdo when wearing this. :)

scent 5/10
longevity 6/10
sillage 6/10.

Overall 56/100

Blind buys? Think twice!

IMO, from my wardrobe, Escada Sentiment is way better!

hedward
hedward

I just received a mini today. Sprayed on my skin and I was greeted with the most unpleasant perfume opening to date. Magic marker, very thick and synthetic magic marker. After a few minutes I detected the "cola" note that's on everybodys review.. It was very disturbing and as unpleasant as the magic marker opening.

1 hour in all I could smell was an overly powdery feminine leather-heavy smell. There's definitely some amber and sandelwood giving some spice to the mix, maybe some musk here and there aswell. Still I don't think this lives up to the hype. Escada Magic Marker for Men is o-k-a-y but not as good as the rave reviews are glorifying. Very grotesque alien opening - boring leather drydown.

Smell 4/10 x 2
Longevity / Potency 8/10
Versatility 6/10
Complexity 3/10
x2

Overall score 50/100

wrbenjam
wrbenjam

You all might think I am crazy but after the initial explosion of pepper and saffron....the dry down reminds me of a combination of Midnight in Paris and Armani Code....as both of them are...great night/date scents..both of which women will flock to

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

If you are like myself and one of the few that have the real authentic Magnetism , then we should cherish what we have. Most of us were captivated with the reviews and comments on the alluring properties of Magnetism. All that was said before was spot on. As this scent can be hypnotic in the right setting on the right individual. Put it like this, when girls have tired of smelling 1 million and its ilk, they will be still trying to get their minds around Magnetism. It offers a complexity of character that draws others closer and keeps them there. Not cloyingly sweet and obstrusive like so many present day evening scents, just sure of itself and what it can offer to the world without being obnoxious or rude.

If you have this scent (the real and authenic one)...you will know exactly what I mean.

9/10.

re: SOS review below, spot on about the Minatoure like drydown with possibly more balsam to convey a more solid feel to the composition.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

Very interesting scent. Although it's interesting and unique it's not really for me. It's not going to make the love list. Will it get complements? Sure! Will I buy a bottle? Sure if I can get one at a reasonable cost, since it's discontinued. Definitely a try before you buy.

7/10 overall or uniqueness

widescope
widescope

very underrated and original scent. Created by the master Michel Almairac. Glad i,ve finally got this one

draugr
draugr

Always thought that if I was ever digging and stumbled into a well full of cherry coke then I's surface smelling like this stuff. Former girlfriends didn't rate it but the new lady loves it which is somewhat bittersweet because I don't have a spare bottle. God, I'd forgotten how much I love this juice. Escada - bring it back in 2014!

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

Im glad i bought this 3 years ago. Didnt know it was rare to find till i found out. Though my bottle is almost gone few mills left on 1.7oz. This one is mysterious smell. I havent this before. Usually when I find smell new scent it reminds me of this and that. but this one is gorgeous. Dark, sweet, mysterious scent. Beautiful bottle design too. I cant believe its hard to find. Now this thing cost like a niche fragrance. Im glad i have this on my collection. Great silage and longevity.

anna.023

This unik, strange and sweet perfume are simply STUNNING on the right man. It's slightley unisex but I can not pull it off my self.. This one can go extreamly wrong on many people, but to the few who fits together with Escada Magnetism - Never stop wearing it!!

seekritdude
seekritdude

This is a strange one. I enjoyed smelling it on other people back in the day, and after I started collecting cologne to a extent I picked up a mini. Unfortunately on my skin the beginning of this fragrance is... disgusting. When trying to smell deep into the fragrance to really enjoy it myself there is something that smells like pizza grease covered cardboard. I cant think of any other way to describe it. In small wiffs and from a distance its ok, but any closer and it smells like garbage. Once it starts to dry down its alright, and although I dont get a grape soda per say which seems to be the normal thought on this fragrance, I can see where they are coming from to an extent. To me its almost like a dry piece of plastic with some grape juice on it. Im not sure how else to describe it. Its not bad, but not great either. I assume this fragrance mixing strangely with peoples skin chemistry is why it was discontinued. As I said on others ive smelt it before and its alright. But me, man something doenst mix right. Compliment wise from myself personally its only ok at best, ive had people tell me they like it, and ive had people tell me they though it was gross. It does smell nice from the bottle though. Projection and longevity are always hard to gauge, but in general ive gotten good longevity at least and can definitely still pick up small hints of it 10 hours later at times.

thegreekone
thegreekone

This is really unique!Sharp and hursh in a good way.A real magnet.I never smeled something similar to this masterpiece and the proof is that"this perfume reminds me of"is empty!!Really unique.I wish this was still in production thought

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

Just give me 10 seconds to sniff it after 3 sprays, INCREDIBLE!!! it's reminds me of tequila smells. Very magnetism, I'd like used this for dating and I will never be wrong.

Scent: 9.5/10
Projection: 9/10

5 Stars for it.
(But now i'ts hard to find this Sex In The Bottle in my country)

Vern437
Vern437

I love this scent.... very nice. Just bought it on Ebay because I heard it was discontinued. If your a serious "frag head", put this one in your collection. :)

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

Vanilla Coke. Mmm, I do love it. And I do love this opening, which is quite reminiscent of it. Quickly though it changes and there is this beautiful pink pepper note (the schinus [pink pepper = schinus molle] note listed). It tickles the nose the way sniffing a carbonated beverage might but it adds depth alongside the bite, and makes the opening more captivating than if they'd simply gone for a more straightforward effervescence.

The pink pepper is joined by an aroma that is something like grape. I think it might be some kind of jasmine isolate combined with a rather pronounced note of tolu balsam (I'm proud of myself, I picked up that note clearly before even checking the pyramid ). Tolu balsam smells almost like a mix of caramel and vanilla. The grape note itself is thin but sits on this luscious tolu heart, with the pink pepper slowly fading to a whisper and then disappearing. The opening and the heart are very sexy without being ostentatious like A*Men or Le Male.

Further into the base and what do I smell but.. a hint of Minotaure? Can this be? A quick foray over to fragrantica shows that Michel Almairac was the nose behind both scents. The base of Magnetism is quite like the middle and later stage of Minotaure.. the stage in Minotaure once the leather has kicked in. There is that same fatty texture (almost like an aldehyde but it's too late in the development for that.. perhaps a lily of the valley note?) and the combination of notes present calls to mind lavender, too. Does anyone else detect the link between Minotaure and Magnetism? To my nose their bases share a lot in common, although Minotaure has a more citrus presence and Magnetism that slightly grapey odor (which fades more and more with time). If you are a fan of Minotaure's latter stages and are looking for something more playful and sexy, definitely give Magnetism a sniff!

For those unfamiliar with Minotaure I'd say the basenotes in Magnetism are warm and inviting - a hint of sweet lavender (well, it smells like lavender absolute, at least - this is far sweeter than normal jasmine without any of the herbal bite), caramel, some non-indolic jasmine, all presented with the 'fatty texture' of many florals and aldehydes (I hope you know what I mean, I don't know how else to explain it). There is a hint of something like tobacco present, too. Just a hint. The basenotes are more masculine than feminine. I actually don't find the top notes so feminine, either - the most feminine stage is an hour or two in the heart when the the pink pepper has faded and the tolu/grape/jasmine combo are dominant, before the woods/tobacco/leather of the base make their presence known.

If you really like the topnotes of this scent, check out (yes, I"m plugging it again, but it's the only scent with somewhat similar topnotes that I've smelled) MPG's Bois de Turquie. That's kind of a cola/cream soda like opening - without the grapey notes and with bay laurel acting as the spice note instead of pink pepper. The heart and basenotes are quite different than Magnetism but the overall feel and progression is somewhat similar.

If you like the latter heart notes and base notes of Magnetism and think they'd be good with a citrus/coriander/geranium/lavender heart, check out Minotaure.

Longevity and sillage are both above-average to excellent.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

Hi!
this is one of the most sophisticated and alluring scents for men!Can´t stop following my man when he wears this! Absolutely charming!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I came across a 93' Escade Pour Homme which I enjoyed it but wasn't interested in buying it again. The salesperson showed me the Escada Magnetism and I was told that it is no longer available in any of the major retailer's anymore. I decided to buy it without being able to smell the cologne. After I sprayed it on my skin, I enjoyed the very unique aroma of Tolu Balsam mixed with Musk. The smell of sandalwood with a woody/Amber blend made it an overall excellent men's cologne. What I enjoy is that there isn't too many similar men's cologne available so it makes this definitely one of kind. I found that when I sprayed on my skin, it last over 6 hour's. On the first day I already received several complements wearing it and I was asked where I bought it. What I also like is that it isn't very strong when I first sprayed it on yet I found that it last for a long time. It is an excellent evening cologne...very distinct. Overall 9.5/10...the only thing that I find is that it is slightly on the sweet side. If it had a bit more spice's without changing the chemistry, it would of elevated this cologne to a perfect 10/10..an absolute superb men's cologne.

Slain
Slain

What an odd array of smells. I can't put my finger on why I like this, but for some reason I really enjoy this one.

I love woody and spicy tones and this seems to do it a little differently to others, almost with a sweet touch.

I was given it for free from a guy at work, and have never looked back. I highly suggest it.

Stinkhorn
Stinkhorn

Good news Magnetism fans. If your male skin is anything like mine, you will find that the inexpensive unisex Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody is astonishingly similar to Escada Magnetism in every way. Not sure why, as note breakdown shows nothing in common, but it is. Just give it a try. I hope this tip can save yall some money.

clausa
clausa

unisex fragrance what men and women can use is sweet and pleasant

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is very strong projection for me.

Iulix_73
Iulix_73

A masterpiece of fragrances. 9,5 / 10 . P.S. For my similar Lanvin - Oxygene

Damingo
Damingo

Knewing that it's already being discontinued, i was able to locate and Purchase a bottle of 100ml at Brunei's local perfume store (How lucky M I to give this a try).
I really like the smell of this and surprisingly it does last on me (8+hrs).
Altho u may wonder the smell is unnoticable on yourself but really people can still smell the projection of this stuff.
Worth the $..

scentualMan
scentualMan

I have owned 3 different bottles of this fragrance. The first two bottles were purchased at TJ Maxx, and they always left me wondering what all the fuss was about. The scent had little to no sillage and the longevity seemed short of 5hrs.

But the 3rd bottle, which I bought from someone on the net, was DIVINE. Its potent (I mean headache-inducingly strong) and lasts at least 10hrs on just 2 squirts. In fact, its so heavy, I won't wear more than two. How could there be so much variation in the scent's performance? I guess there must have been a change in the production at some point. Not sure if the license of Escada changed hands over the years.

Smell - Imagine a thick, syrupy aroma of a freshly opened can of Dr. Pepper soda, with added vanilla and amber. The drydown never feels powdery either; a base of leather and amber finish it off in a masculine style.

Smyle12
Smyle12

When first applied, this can, indeed, smell very much like a "magic marker". It is thick and very synthetic. The reward follows shortly thereafter, however, as soon it begins to smell stridently of artificial, grape. Minutes later, comes the "coca cola" smell, and then finally after about 30 minutes or so, this scent evolves into a vaguely sweet, yet masculine, spicier, woodier, more unique, but not better version of Armani Code. The baby-powder quality in Magnetism that it shares with Code is more balanced in Magnetism than it is in Armani's Code and less pronounced. In Code it is a bit stronger, yet much finer smelling. I should mention that projection on this rare gem is just PERFECT once it settles in, and it's longevity is outstanding, lasting around 12 hours. I wore it today, however, and its been much longer than that, and I can still smell it on me. A fantastic fragrance! The only people who might dislike this unique, rare, gem are those too poor, or too unlucky to obtain a bottle.

Escada's "Classic".

Quite synthetic, yet brilliant in its scent metamorphosis, and in its casual, yet entirely unique, masculinity, and seductivity. If you can find this... BUY IT. 7.5/10

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I suppose all good things must come to a end right? I have had a love affair with this fragrance since it first came out. It was ( at that time ) stunning & a attention grabber. Sure it has a grape vibe to it, sure it smells of vanilla coke, sure it is sweet. But it is good. Several things that bothered me about this fragrance was it's lack of projection which on me was not much. Also longevity is not great either but acceptable for a concentration such as this. It would be better if it lasted 10+ hours.

I have sadly out grown this particular fragrance as it reminds me of young, juvenile, horny teenagers who are looking to bounce on anything they can. That is not so bad right? Well it can be once you are older & you mature. Magnetism always got me compliments whenever I wore it but as of late, it was doing nothing for me so I sold my bottle to a friend who loves it.

I will always have fond memories of this fragrance & the times we spent together. But it is time to move on to other things. Magnetism smells like it easily could have been a 90's creation to my nose. Just young, fun stuff! Enjoy it while it last.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

I just really have to say and share this:

M A G N I F I C E N T!

this one is so special. the top notes just blew me away at first sniff. drydown is just nice, not too strong, not too loud, sweet in a masculine way and sexy. yes, a true magnet.

this is the best escada scent along with pour homme.

if i could find 10 bottles of it, i would gladly stock it up. perhaps i am exaggerating the number a bit, but this, is, hands down, a sweet nectar, FOR A MAN!

-Mr. Almond-

Hanh
Hanh

One of my all time favourite's.. this is among the most unique men's fragrance that I have come across really like it..
Dont know really why they abandoned this beautiful all time great's..

themattsky
themattsky

This is one of my favorite fragrances ever ! I really miss it. I would LOVE Escada to bring it back :(

kida2010
kida2010

Got a big bottle of this so cheap a few years back lol, i never ever thought it'd become the discontinued hard to find monster that it is.
Its not bad at all but i dont love it, not sure id pay a £££ for it now. Sweet musky slightly muted smelling, fruity, not bright or sharp. Pleanty of iso super lol, touch of spice.
Doesnt smell like much else pretty unique!

matiassantafe
matiassantafe

Van Cleef & Arpels' "Midnight in Paris" could be a suitable substitute for this discontinued fragrance.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

love this scent..UNIQUE ...very clean and sexy..garnished me so many compliments...ESCADA BRING THIS ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!

Vastalux
Vastalux

Used to be my signature scent before. Very unique especially the drydown which totally different with top note. Too bad this fragrance was discontinued.

nicok
nicok

It's amazing they discontinued one of the best scents of the last decade.
Does anyone has an alternative to recommend?

ScottyVizz

There needs to be some rally for a rerelease of Magnetism. It's a wonderful scent, but there is no way in hell I'm paying almost $200 for it when I originally bought it for $25 at Marshall's!

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Opening alcoholic evident, coupled with this, well actually sent the old Cherry Coke. It would be a Cuba libre with Cherry Coke. I really enjoyed and I will have to pro from Ebay because're very difficult to find this perfume.

junior halston
junior halston

I don't understand why one of their best men's fragrance and they discontinue it????

Was a very unique scent that to me reminded me of the scent of a fine Portugal sweet Port wine.

connor.mcbroom
connor.mcbroom

I originally heard about this escada magnetism fragrance at escadamagnetismm.blogspot.co.uk/

and love it. It smells fruity and sweet. Straight away you can smell grape which is then followed by vanilla giving a nice grape vanilla coke effect. It drys down with vanilla still present and becomes softer with hints of spice in the background.

phoiai
phoiai

its no more in market.
I want it again..where can i find it..
Its hard 2 find perfume in India

MonarC
MonarC

I really loved this one. Such unique and rare frag! That's pity, it's impossible to buy it!

Kain
Kain

A unique and strange fragrance that I'm glad for having it in my wardrobe.
The opening is very strong, dark, sweet, strange and synthetic! smells like cocacola, pepsi and other cola drinks like those but very strong and synthetic at the start.
But don't be too hasty guys!
In the drydown that cola vibe is there with some leather and sweet notes from amber and musk.
The drydown is much better than the opening and it's very pleasant.
In the base the sweet note is there with smooth leather in the background and some woodsy notes which give fragrance a nice masculine ending.
The opening is strange and unique.
The drydown is masculine and pleasant.
And the base is sensual and great.
Very good projection and great longevity on my skin.
يه عطر بسيار منحصر بفرد و خوب كه از داشتنش بسيار خوشحالم
راحه اوليه اين عطر بسيار قوي، شيرين و كمي اذيت كننده هست. بوش خيلي قويه در ابتدا و ممكنه به شما حس خوبي نده اما وقتي بو ميكنين بوش براتون آشناست
بله. بويي شبيه به نوشابه كوكا كولا يا پپسي و خلاصه به قول خودمون نوشابه سياه ميده منتها خيلي قوي و يه جورايي شيميايي مانند
عجله نكنين دوستان و يه ذره صبور باشين
در ادامه بوي اين عطر به مراتب بهتر ميشه
در ادامه رايحه نوشابه سياه مانند وجود داره منتها ضعيفتر و خيلي بهتر به همراه رايحه چرم كه البته تلخ نيست اما حس تاريكي به عطر ميده به همراه رايحه شيرين عنبر و مشك
در انتها بوي نوشابه اي خيلي ضعيف وجود داره به همراه رايحه بسيار دلپذير مشك و عنبر و مقداري رايحه هاي جنگلي و چرم در حاشيه كه پايان بسيار دلپذير خوشايندي رو براي اين عطر ايجاد ميكنن
بوي اوليه اون ممكنه تو ذوقتون بزنه و خوشايند نباشه اما در ادامه خيلي خوب و خوشبو ميشه
پخش بوي خوب و ماندگاري بسيار بالايي داره
متاسفانه توليد اين عطر متوقف شده و ديگه تو بازار پيدا نميشه

yacoco
yacoco

sexy sexy great for romantic night 9/10
but in summer smells like shit

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

Strong in the besinning feminine but then it transformed into a strong masculin scent, very longlasting,and has a specific smell love it

Peegore
Peegore

A long time favourite of mine, and certainly in my probable 'top five frags I MUST always own'... Escada Magnetism.

The opening is a synthetic sweet yet spiced affair, slightly peppered. Like nothing I've ever experienced to be frank. And it's this opening that just makes potential buyers recoil.

Yet, as has been mentioned many times the wearer must remain patient, because serously, the drydown is awesome. very smooth wood and leather accords start to appear followed by the base's caramelised amber, vanilla and musk notes.

All of this results in a fantastic, well blended heart to base transition that is as good as anything I've ever experienced. Great longevity and good projection.

Again, another great fragrance discontinued. But if you manage to get hold of a bottle treasure it, as they are getting A LOT harder to find. Worth every penny, I kid you not.

ScottyVizz

Very unique, mysterious, albeit synthetic cologne. If there was ever to be an Abercrombie scent with a night theme, I would imagine it to smell like this. Sweet, fruity, playful and loaded with musk. It's sad to see that it is discontinued.

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

Just have to say...and sorry if you feel bad about it
i had it but i gave the first one of my friends who could stand it and wanted it, i like sweet fragances as you can see in my profile and even more gourmand but this is just the same smell of grandma powder, or candy (old ones too)
maybe thats why girls kinda like it for the subconcient memories of their own granmas.
TOO MUCH for a man
not even unisex, woman powder.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This perfume is my guilty pleasure. I absolutely love it! I call it Alien for Men. It really does have that grape soda vibe in the beginning, but it dries down to a heeavenly mesmerizing scent on me. The qualities, not the smell, remind me of By for Man D&G. It is a deep dark spicy oriental woody aroma. Don't let that first spray scare you away. Wait for the dry down and behold A very unique scent with some wonderful synthetic qualities. Magnetic indeed.

DominicMC
DominicMC

Interesting. very interesting.

I had i smell of it today, its like nothing id ever smelt before. it smells like a sweet sticky cola drink of some sort, i didn't get to spray it on my wrist as i only smelt it from the bottle twice, but I'm still up in the air on this one.

i want to love it. so far i don't hate it i guess i like it but i need more time to use it i guess. right now ill give it a 6-7 but when i actually but it ill give a better review

dad hash
dad hash

Bought this one 50ml,CH chic for men and Boss By HUGO BOSS Today, The first wiff as it comes out is like Whiskey/Proof but once it settle downs in about 25 mins it acts like some unexpressable perfume!

Kendall
Kendall

Pretty generic at first spray, BUT, once this stuff starts to dry down this stuff becomes sex, attention, female getter in a bottle, I wore this once to the store just to see how it would do around a bunch of people and the comments and compliments I got from women were outrageous! Definitely buy you will thank me later. However this is a all play no business scent can't wear it everyday, but when u do u will definitely get noticed

busyworksbeats
busyworksbeats

Immediate spray smells like straight alcohol, then it fades fairly quickly to the fizzy cola smell people are referring to. After it hits this fizzy cola phase it begins to turn a little rubbery and synthetic.Then it travels into a filtered "purple" smelling scent. I'm not sure if it is due to my sample spray size, but the sillage is not great. You have to lean fairly close to smell this one. I just can't see how one could buy a whole bottle of this stuff. In a way, it does give you self pleasure and comfort when wearing it about, but the rubbery effects deter me from constantly smelling this on my skin. It is different, but nothing to go splurge on, it may even be a little nauseating to some if it is applied with too much concentration.

Sillage: 4/10 (up in the air because I used a sample)
Uniqueness:7/10
Overall:5.3 (just above average)

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This fragrance has a strange but appealing plum and wood aspect. It is absolutely unique; I've never smelled another perfume quite like it. It gives me the feeling of a melancholy nostalgia. Try it and let it dry down before purchasing.

andy

good cologne because the drydown is amazing and it lasts a VERY long time. Its just not too good if u want a good top because it takes a good 1 to 2 hours to drydown and do it's magic........like all escada and other high end $$$$$$$$$$$$ scents

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I absolutely love the womens version but doesn't last long on me. Was wondering if the mens smells simibelar, possibly stronger, that maybe mixing the two would help.

And referring to the lab created reference, yes I believe some notes are synthetic, but idk, the womensk really works for me, smells amazing, like nothing else I've ever smelled

Really need a comparison of the mens to the womens, if anyone could help

Not at all natural smelling but it doesn't smell like a soup of chemicals either. Wait for the drydown before passing judgement on this one. Unlike others that have this general idea, Magnetism has a dry, herbal note (saffron, presumably) that keeps it from smelling too much like some kind of odd candy. The projection or "sillage" is moderate when you get to the drydown but the longevity is good. I have about 90 ml in a 100 ml bottle (with cap) I can swap, for those who have something high-end/niche they can swap in exchange.

rayzal
rayzal

Very interesting! It's good for night time, totally useful when you get into a bar, someone'll be watching you, believe me.

Luforge
Luforge

This is a very unusual fragrance, starts off with a sweet cherry cola and saffron scent, then settles to a deliscious smoky, woody and leather redelance..The secret is in the dry down! Ive so far had alot compliments with this sexy scent and its great for daytime or evening wear...Its a real shame that Escada is discontinue with this fragrance and im glad ive bought a few more bottles of THIS!..

freedweed
freedweed

No. Man that's odd. I could live the rest of my life without ever smelling Escada Magnetism again and that would be alright by me. Auggg! Pass.

Fehdandoo Del Enzioo
Fehdandoo Del Enzioo

I love this perfume! but too bad its discontinued.. really elegant scent .. used to wear it for special occasions .. by the time its finished it was off the shelves FOREVER ;////

yilmazg
yilmazg

Oh my! Escada magnetism for men. It is hard to describe this lively and at the same time mysterious cologne. Fizzy cherry cola like opening, sweet and smoky middle, sweet leathery drydown. This is one of the best men's evening fragrances out there, unique scent. I have been told that it is going to be discontinued so I gotta stock up.

Eleiria
Eleiria

Sweet sexiness in a bottle. Just love it! Fizzy sweet and mysteriously catchy, Magnetism sure deserves its name. It attracts me like a magnet attracts iron powder. With a wonderful sillage, it fills the whole room and leaves a perfectly alluring trail behind. I can't tell apart any notes though I can say I get a grape flavoured coke feeling. It doesn't sound attractive at all but somehow when a man sprays the perfume and it grows on him, Magnetism is a sexy, a little crispy, sufficiently edgy and a stunning elixir. Moreover, there's the not-so-well-hidden promise of fun. Real fun. Mmmmh, I can't get enough of this scent.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

it's a liquid spell in a bottle.
Stunning @_@

aidydzahir
aidydzahir

Enough said..the sexiest perfume i ever had..

bp
bp

I think this wonderful scent has been withdrawn from the market in my country.
I had four samples of this perfume and I can guarantee that a perfume is spectacular, especially for use when going out at night.
I would be very happy if this perfume is for sale, but apparently is out of the market.

Grottola
Grottola

Escada Magnetism for Men has really grown on me over time. At first I liked it, then didn't like it for a while, and now I like it again. It really does smell like soda and I think that's awesome. Overall it's a fun scent for nights with friends. Don't wear it in the heat. Also, it's strictly casual, like most of the Escada or Joop! fragrances.

secamel
secamel

This is it! I´m not a talented basenoter but I´m in love with this fragrance. Give it 30 minutes and it will transform in a very sexy and unique scent.

Sweet but not overpowering.

The scent has a quite magical thing about it; the notes change back and forth in a very delightful way that keeps the magnetic force of the fragance alive for about 8-12 hours.

andy

It is a great scent, i am so glad i got it when i had the chance but its one of those oriental scents that you have to give time to dry down.. and its musky woodsy base really makes it appealing. I personally do not get any coca cola or other notes, but I see a fairly strange smelling top and a great drydown if you can endure the first 5 minutes

Bottom line: long lasting, better drydown than so many scents and from a great scent line. If you like a different nice smelling scent this is for you

alebanfield
alebanfield

what is this? Dont like, weird, strange..... no way! it smells....i dont know, but not recommendable!

may be old ppl will like it!

anna.023

My boyfriend have this one and he adores it. I was a little bit courious since I think it's pretty unisex, so I tried it on. It really didn't suit my skin at all.. On him it's nice, not my favorite, but nice and sweet, but on me it was like old medicine. I told him to guess what perfume I was wearing and he just couldn't get it right! But he told me to never wear it again though, and I really wont!!

Smelled like armani diamonds intense on me, same medical awful thing.

Lance
Lance

Coca-cola!
That's all I get from this scent! But not in a bad way... Interesting! Very interesting!

andy

semi blind buy but im happy with this! it is similar to gucci envy and many of the woodsy musk scents but this has a little more of a mysterious quality to it and is definately a unique smelling scent

Frostbite
Frostbite

I was actually picking up a bottle of something else when I saw they had a few bottles of Escada Magnetism in the display case. Since it seems to be discontinued and it's gotten such great reviews from people here, I jumped at the chance to buy some.

After I got it home, I sprayed a little on my wrist and I honestly couldn't understand what all the hype was about. It smelled cheap, medicinal, slightly boozy smell. Disappointed, I went about doing other things when I noticed this amazing, sweet, cola-like smell coming from my wrist.

Magnetism really evolves into an interesting, unique fragrance after the initial 20-30 minutes. It's quite unlike anything else I own. The sillage and longevity are great on my skin too. It was definitely worth the blind purchase. You just have to be patient with it. I'm thinking about buying up a few more bottles of this stuff, since I don't think I ever want to run out.

der alte Schwede
der alte Schwede

Escada Magnetism – A fragrance, so unexpected for man and though so properly. You get a feeling of heath and cosiness in this cold time of the year. You are amazed by this spicy sense composition and flashed by its overwhelming imaginational power … In the memory of my grandma! I love you

citizen912
citizen912

This is an incredible frag. I have yet to find a woman whose nose doesn't twitch and immediately fall in love with this scent. For me I was pretty happy when I first tried it as it is quite intense and different to almost anything else I have ever tried. Deeply peppery with a lovely sharpness balanced with a lovely mature wood. Playful and seductive in equal measure. I am so sad it is not so readily available as this is one of the very best.

shinchan
shinchan

I get this blind buying fragrance today, it seems subtle but i can always smell it, it's so great, I love it.

andy

top scent along with gucci envy, varvatos, fierce by A&F and its probably one of the sexiest scents one can buy......girls love it

Dad jax
Dad jax

Do any one else beside me also feels a power full whiskey punch or my nose or bottle is gone nuts !??
But i like it after it settles down and longevity and sillage is very good : )
Very synthetic though !!!!

guest_King harry
guest_King harry

One weird smell, all i can say it is a complete waste of money...it smelt like some low quality hair oil from india !

@Varondandy
@Luckystar

Check out my comment below. This one seems to go off pretty soon. Considering that this one hasn't been produced for over a year now, chances are that you smelled a rotten bottle.

varondandy
varondandy

this really sucks! i spritzed a little on my for arm and regretited all day long! this stuff smells to me like the bay rum oils used here in puerto rico for arthritis pain buy old folk...yuk! caviat emptor! buyer be ware!ciao.

guest_kenneth
guest_kenneth

This fragrance is definitely magnetic!

I must warn you though, its very strong. One spray too much is all it takes to turn peoples noses away.
I got it as a blind buy after reading some reviews on here.When i first sprayed it on my wrist as a test, i despised it. Much too strong for my liking (smelled like someone had just shoved a wet piece of wood dipped in cola up my nose),HOWEVER, after about 20-30 minutes, i couldnt keep away from it, i was typing away at the computer and whenever i would pause to think, my wrist would unconsciously drift towards my nose :) .
Its definitely intriguing, and constantly changing; what you smell upon drydown is not what you smell 3 hours later.
Its sophisticated, its bold, its unique, and it'll definitely get you noticed. I recommend though that you try before you buy, or just get a small bottle at first as it can go either disgustingly good or just plain disgusting.

I had heard and read so many rave reviews from both men and women regarding Magnetism for Men. So when I saw this fragrance selling rather cheaply in a chemist the other day, I immediately tested it on both my skin and a tester card believing that I would be walking out the door with a purchase.

Unfortunately, (I must be the first woman to say this), I didn't like it. Magnetism for Men, was in my opinion, far too sweet and strong.

I like sweet scents on myself, however on a man it just doesn't seem right. Magnetism for Men, opens with an overly sweetened smell of glace cherries, which somehow smells medicinal to my nose, like that cherry flavoured cough syrup I used to take as a child.

The leather note is not strong enough in my opinion and it tends to be rather synthetic and rubbery. The scent, although unique, has been composed in such a strange manner.

I do agree that this fragrance is dark and in some ways sensual, however it is not my idea of a sexy scent. I would have liked to have seen more spiciness and richer woodsy notes.

The lasting power is very good, very lasting on the skin. And as you may have guessed, the sillage is extra strong. The only thing I can manage to say in conclusion to testing Magnetism for Men, is that you really should test before you buy.

sky76sky
sky76sky

One to try!

Magnetism will not allow you to shoe-horn it into a distinct catagory or style...at first a flirty gourmand, then feminine...yet spicy....then elegant woodsy masculine, refined, defined....then leather, animalic, raw & earthy....then oriental, rich & resinous, sensual & luxurious. It would be exhausting, if it wasn't such a fascinating take on modern male fragrances.

It starts out sweet in a rum & cola way. I'm not a fan of cola, but here I can appreciate the fizzy medicinal nutmeg/cinnamon/caramel combo that makes up the mirage I inhale. The fizzy-cola quality may be from the warm yet metallic saffron mixing with the fruity pink pepper & resinous tolu balsam...warm, spicy, mid-weight, rich & balsamic.

This fragrance will guide you through many olfactory U-turns & developments so you are sure to find a stage of this fragrance to appreciate or enjoy.

For me, it is when the woods & leather start to appear - the sweet notes are still detectable but the spicy, dry skin, parched cedar & smooth sandalwood are starting to take centre-stage. Raw, hot, animalic & distinct - imagine a layer of Rykiel Woman topped by a sweet resinous note & you get the picture.

As time progresses so the fragrance relaxes into its smoother more sensual, romantic phase...earthy, depthy, mysterious. It is as if this scent has taken you through a busy day in its life & now you have ended up tumbling into bed with it!

Overall, I like it: a little confusion creates a lot of intrigue. A hidden force keeps pulling me in for yet another sniff...definitely "magnetic".

KONRAD
KONRAD

Very exclusive Scent.No many others like this, Long lasting,subtle woody and wonderful .Is hard to forget this cologne you should buy always. In my opinion it must to be in your Wardrobe

milancelisac
milancelisac

An excellent fragrance! As I normally say: "It has a strong Power of Imagination"! Its powdery/leathery tones take you on a journey through your own imagination way back into the primal times of your infancy!!! EXCELLENT

PS

Why is it being discontinued in Portugal?!? Went to buy my new bottle and all the shops warned me of it!!!

abhijit15
abhijit15

this is the one of the best perfume in my collection.really its smell sexy.and staying power is 7/8 hrs

Indro
Indro

This is what we Indians call it pure "Agarbatti"(Incense stick used to be made of Agarwood in ancient & Medieval India,the Maharajas and Emperors used to douse their clothes with the incense smoke whose effect used to last for hours even days)Magnetism is in the lines of those essence,full of mysticism.This is actually about the drydown like Joop Homme but has similarities with Ambre by Baldessarini.A nice perfume.

BIG
BIG

it's all about the drydown. let the scent rest/settle on your skin for 20 min and then smell it!!! this is the scent that drives ladies crazy!!!

jazz444
jazz444

I'm usually not a fan of powdery scents, but Magnetism's powder power is quite alluring and worthy of an exception. Its cola and vanilla accords make my head spin. The drydown is just amazing--goes on and on for hours. Wow!

svillatoro
svillatoro

This one is really great. One of my tops, and one of the best leather fragrances I have tried...

guest_jay
guest_jay

how do you attach a spray thing onto the aftershave so you spray it out instead of puuting it on ur hands and applying it on your face

Cassiano
Cassiano

This is a stranger cologne! I have never seen a scent changing so much during its evolution like this one.

The opening is dreadful! The mix of pepper and saffron is not pleasant.
I think it's not a kind of good smell to be felt...BUT, after 15 minutes, it starts to become a delicious scent! It's like a subtle "vanillayummy", which exhale and makes you feel it all the time.

It doesn’t leave a track while you walk but makes you feel comfortable, conscious that you are really perfumed.
The lasting is good. And the bottle is very beautiful. It looks like an stoned amethyst!

bronstein

Indeed, there is a metallic undertone hidden in this scent, but in an erotic way. I fell in love with it the first time I tried it. The perfect scent for Central European dandies of the 21st century, but only as long as the weather doesn't become too warm.

PS: My bottles seem to have gone bad. Anyone who owns this one please read my entry "Rotten fragrances" under "General Perfumes Talk." Thanks!

missan
missan

It´s sweet, mysterious, dark and spicey.
It develops during a long time. Great longevity. Really nice.

DHMO
DHMO

When you spray this on it initially smells A LOT like Baileys Irish Cream (some kind of liquor), so if you're just out of Alcoholics Anonymous, do yourself a favor and stay away from this. I mean it.
After about 10 minutes it calms down to a calm and warm vanilla-type scent. Not too strong and at least on me it's not very long lasting.
I like this one, really.

flem
flem

Yeah, a lot of the Vanilla Coke type smell, but in a good way. It is a bit feminine, but not so much that a man would feel uncomfortable wearing it.

In fact, to me, it smells like a male version of Sweet Desire by Realities Liz Claiborne.

andy

gotto love these wild card scents they ALWAYS make things intresting this is NO conventional fragrance i gotto say it changes constantly and keeps things intresting perfect for dating and clubbing

andy

its gota cola vibe but starts spicy and in the opposite order from virtually all scents but it gets sexier as time goes on, its long lasting and a nice woodsy spicy masculine aroma with a GREAT musk note and the florals help blend the entire matrix.

there are LOTS of notes in this stuff that are not listed here, but the entire drydown is very mysterious and a unique sensual scent

this is one of the phenomenal scents that smells amazing and can play tricks on the wearer, giving one sexy aroma and then keeping anotehr close to the skin and smelling like one thing then the other and keeping it intresting

gotto say this stuffs well worth the money im glad i got it

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Escada MAGNETISM for men is confidence in deep purple crystal. The design, like the scent, like the man who wears it, is truly hard to resist. Notes of saffron, leather, musk and amber create a very positive charge.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I smelled this on my male friend a few days ago. Well let's just say that it was not my cup of tea. Sure I can imagene the right type of man pulling it off but it still I think that it smelled abit like washing up liquid. But it actually became better later on and it didn't smell as sharp as in the beging. OK but not my fave scent for a guy =). But I guess it depends on who wears it of course.

falovalo
falovalo

This is one of the best men's fragrances. It's sexy and subtle, and I don't find it to be a cliched smell at all. The wood notes don't overwhelm, everything just blends together perfectly.

LaPD
LaPD

I was intrigued by the reviews saying it had cola notes. I really liked that in the opening...

But then it turned flowery... and quite feminine.

Not for me.

ScottyVizz

Very delicious fragrance. I get a cola-type note when wearing it. Sensual, masculine and feminine at the same time? hmmm

jasonx

After 1 full wears of this one I think I grow bored of it. Too one dimensional to me. But then I wear it again tonight and love it again. For me, this one has really good sillage, my friend sitting on my motobike tell me she can smell this scent like 5 times which never happen to any of my fragrances before.

vdxl
vdxl

This one is classified as oriental-woody, but thank god it is not smoky at all. Well I would say that it is oriental balsamic, because it is very "oily": when I smell it I think of some nice indian essential oils like sandalwood, pepper oil and vanilla. It smells rich, it stays also close to the skin, but still long lasting. It is an oriental, but it is great in spring or summer nights rather than winter nights, because it also has some tropical notes which smell good when it is warm weather outside: I imagine myself on a beach with a cola cocktail or eating a nice ice cream.

jasonx

It's so true about the cocacola effect of this one. I wish the strong "gas cocacola" effect that you get right from the beginning of this scent could stay longer. The dry down smell kinda like Cacharel's Amor Amor for women, softer and more masculine though. IMO, this can be worn year round and in any occasion. This is so inoffensive and enjoyable. I've seen some comparision to Le male and A*men here and there which I have to strongly disagree. Le male and A*men are food, cake sweet which to me is "for winter only". This one however is soft-drink sweet which can be worn in any season. It's really hot at my place today and this "coke-feel" scent really shine.
Really nice!

jonovon
jonovon

Yes, it's casual AND a good scent.
Magnetism gets the atention of whomever happens to be around. An elegant and misterious scent. In one word: SEXY.

If you use it wisely - no more than 2 sprays - it won't overpower the olfactive glands of the passers-by. Think on how Joop! Homme, even being delicious, is a burden when it comes to this issue. And even without being overpowering, longevity is excellent: much more than 5 hours on me with those 2 sprays.

Its diet cola-like smell must be my favorite gourmand. More wearable and well-finished than A*men. In the drydown the Light Coke gets woody and sandy. I've realised that women tend to like sweet scents on men, and I think the reasonable ones would prefer Light Coke to dirty brownies. (Hm, I hope no cereal bar scent appears during my lifetime.)

That's why Magnetism is becoming bit by bit my favorite night time perfume.

dunatko
dunatko

why the men escadas are so casual? why the women escadas are so fantastic and mens not? why?...

the botte is nice but the smell is for me just another masculine sweet smell... with nothing special - memorable in it...

shamus1
shamus1

If I were to dissect Magnetism into its component notes, I'd say just about all I smell is wood and vanilla. Doesn't sound very creative, but Magnetism is a very unique men's fragrance. After the woody/peppery top notes fall off, it really mellows out, blends in with the scent of my skin and is very discreet. Just like Equipage, Signoricci and Monsieur de Givenchy, it's one of those fragrances you don't really "smell" on another person but rather catch the essence of when he or she walks by. These have always been my favorite type of fragrances, and Magnetism is an excellent fragrance.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Very sexy and my girlfriend likes it. She has Magnetism for women so we match. It's kind of powdery and sweet and it's long lasting. And the dry down is absolutely wonderful. One of the best colognes out there.

ZeeK
ZeeK

Fragrance of Escada Magnetism is so mysterious. It changes surprisingly after a dry-down as might have an unliking impression (for some people) at first spray due to an intense blast of pepper and saffron; My wife found it a perfect match with my body chemistry. And the words were hard to find for her to express the feel of this fragrance when mixed with my body odour; She expressed.. "So romantic! It’s not just a perfume it’s a magic hidden in fragrance bottle".

The aphrodisiac fragrance (note: SCHINUS) for spreading an initimate romantic aroma. Lasts 5+ hours, great sillage and a moderate fragrance that is most suitable for evening / night ROMANTIC wear but not bound to.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Stand out of all other very average Escada men scents, this one, so special, attractive, so ascentric, so thrill, so sexy. It's good for night time, totally useful when you get into a bar, someone'll be watching you, believe me.

panayoto
panayoto

in the beginning it's quite feminine and smells like champagne. it reminds me of cavalli for women. it is sweet but as time goes by it becomes unmistakably masculine. great for nights out. too sweet & dark for the office

ticalau
ticalau

Indeed a bit sweet but very sexy fragrance! Just great for night occasions... i realy like that u can feel the leather from top notes 2 the base notes! Nice one! ;)

promoscanner
promoscanner

Excellent scent. Smells a little feminine at first, but as you wear it, it becomes a little more earthy and spicy. Great anytime, day or night.

2007

Escada Magnetism for Men by Escada 4.19 out of 5 based on 499 ratings and 126 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Magnetism for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada Magnetism for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Magnetism for Men by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Magnetism for Men by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.