Designers » D E » Oriental Floral « Groups

Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women

Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women
dislike

Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women Pictures Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women Pictures Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women Pictures Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women Pictures Escada Margaretha Ley Escada for women Pictures

Escada Margaretha Ley was introduced in 1990 in its unique and very feminine heart shaped bottle. Inspiration for this perfume came personally from the designer; she created it by her own personality and dedicated it to herself. It belongs to the floriental group. It is very feminine sensational notes which seduces us with its intense, jasmine, orris, ylang-ylang flowers; with balsamic and gently spiced notes, seductive hyacinth , powdery-warm notes of coconut, tasty peach, orange blossoms, warm and soft vanilla and sandal. This luxurious perfume celebrates dream destinations through hyacinth flowers from the south of France and vanilla from Madagascar. It is for sure that these notes leave traces of man lust for woman wearing it. And the woman feels lust for, one more in the line, luxurious bottle of this edition of Escada perfume. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac.

Hyacinth Bergamot Peach Coconut

iris Jasmine African Orange flower Ylang-Ylang Clove

Musk Sandalwood Vanille

Escada
Vanderbilt

Escada Margaretha Ley Fragrance Reviews

crescentsho
crescentsho

too heavy but beautiful. the best of escada. I think they should reproduce this fragrance.not the cheap fancy look modern fragrances.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I am hoarding my last half filled 100ml of this - I adore this scent, fresh, naturally sweet, golden floral sensual, sexy and classy. Only discovered about 8 years ago when a shop in this country had it parallel imported in big bottles for a bargain price - no tester available bought a bottle then went back and bought the lot. Nothing else I have tried has come close to replicating this scent it is a wonderful summer warm weather classic.

twork30
twork30

This is a really deep, sensual and feminine perfume. I love it. It reminds me of Organza. It is suitable to be wornand especially on evening.

Lakambini
Lakambini

This is the real deal, a complex floriental fragrance that exudes intelligence, femininity and power. It starts off with a cola/root beer vibe floating about a blend of florals as masterfully done as those in Poison, where you can't in truth identify a particular note (though the two fragrances smell totally different). As Escada Margaretha Ley develops on your skin it turns rich and syrupy with a powdery, old-fashioned makeup feel. About four hours after application, the character of the dry-down can be felt, and it is warm and sweet, faintly vanillic, ambery maybe, reminding me of the interior of a lady's leather handbag, with a faint coating of fragrant dust from spilled powder. This review is for the EDP. True beauty, and nowadays, hard to find.

Limpylou
Limpylou

This is a fine fragrance that LASTS! If you keep your eye on eBay you can find bottles with a little gone; or a missing cap for very reasonable prices. Always purchase the EDP; it will last all day and night. Every time I wear this I get great compliments!

mum84
mum84

كثير من الناس تسألني عن نوع العطر الذي ارتديه
في بداية التسعينات
أقصد هذا العطر

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

I have the big bottle from my mother-in-law's former collection. Loved it and it's great on me. I'm not surprised to see that it's an oriental.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

This scent is just not for me. The bottle is lovely so I really wish I liked it.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

I feel sun..., I love this one :)

dato.sabo
dato.sabo

I love this perfume! Cannot believe they actually stopped prodice them.Yeah !! I agree with natalie.borisenko1:)
I love this perfume!

natalie.borisenko1
natalie.borisenko1

Cannot believe they actually stopped prodice them.One of the best smells.Love it!!!!In the mean time they became hard to find. I had it when I was 18 years for the first time,so no it is not for older generation.It just some parfumes you can wear or not.It is simple as that.
For example escada signature makes me physically sick and lots of others..summer pop.yuack

pikpik
pikpik

i like it because the memories on it.. my first perfume share with my mommy.. classy..

Joanna2533
Joanna2533

It is the second time that I buy a bottle of Escada, luckily I found it. It smells to me very special, bitter-sweet, fruity-floral, as well as creamy at the same time. I think I have the right chemistry for this scent. The right personality too - strong. I really do not astonish why is it so controversial; this is not a simple scent. What I wonder is why is this scent not being produced any more... A last much personal ascertainment: Escada reminds me of a naturally precious smell, that of a dusty street after the first rain...

passionata20

I suggest that all the fanatics of this Escada masterpiece should send a message to Procter&Gamble prestige asking to bring it back. When i did so, i got a reply though this one has been discontinued if demand is high it is likely that this one can be relaunched.
(escada-fragrances.com > click on any perfume >
conact us)

I guess we just should all try convince company that there IS a demand for this beauty on the market.

The other option is that you can contact Escada company directly with the same question...
(escada.com > service > conact us)

cisco
cisco

EDP Review

Let me give an example of how much I love this fragrance. I purchased 3.4 oz. EDP from eBay. About 3 oz. is left in the bottle. This much coveted item arrived and I found the spray nozzle does not work. Did I send it back....NOT A CHANCE IN THE WORLD! This is the best smelling, longest lasting, and most divine jewell in my crown. As the saying goes "this is simply the best..better than all the rest". Love, love, love this fragrance.

Now I will address the staying power. Many hours after applying, several more than eight, I went to the hospital due to an emergency. Three days and several sponge baths later, I could still smell this beauty. It was my connection with the outside world and I loved it for being so. I am so nuts about this one that I just bought the lotion to match.

My only question is WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY STOP PRODUCING THIS GORGEOUS EDP???????????????

P.S.
My best luck that I have had finding a large source of this has been at Duty Free shops in the airports, and also on Ebay. Cheers!

sheridanellis

Love, love love it! I wear M. Ley & had the Escada Collection version as well. The EDP has a sort of "cola" note to it...moodier, more syrupy/boozey yet dry. It is a beautiful fragrance. It is very strong however. Don't overspray or you will pay for it. It has the strength of Red Door IMO. Try it!

pkudlinski
pkudlinski

I love this perfume! Everyone always ask me what are you wearing. It's elegant and and sexy. I feel beautiful when I put it on. But it's so darn hard to find. When I do find it I buy as many boxes as I can. Please keep making and selling it.

passionata20

This is aömost the same as other "Escada Margaretha Ley" listed in database here only this one is in Eau de parfum and pure parfum concentration which is really intense and even more better than EDT version but i love all of them.
This is a truly feminine and flower-power fragrance with a coconut touch. One of my biggest perfume loves EVER!!! When i use it i get a tons of compliments, i wonder why this has been discontinued i even wrote to escada company whether they plan to relaunch it or not and they said they might consider it if the demand is high!
Very well balanced coconut, vanilla, peach and jasmine notes that seem to be all just in a right proportion. Masterpiece!
I simply cannot understand why they discontinued it???!!!! This should stay with us forever!!!

krishka
krishka

Love it, it is well layered fragrance, that changes and develops during the day, very feminine,delicate, exquisite and high class one. A little goes a long way and the sillage is fantastic too!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

A million thanks to the wonderful Action who sent this lovely surprise perfume gift to me!!!

Margaretha Ley - this one shocked me.
In a really good way.
When I applied it to my wrist I found it to be too strong, too feminine, too much of everything - but within 2 minutes I smelled one of the most delicate and beautiful perfumes I have ever smelled.
It is very feminine without screaming "woman in her reproductive years right here".
It is a special occasion perfume, too, but not one for evenings out or feeling like a seductress.
No, it is perfect for a dinner with the man you love.
Or a weekend somewhere else with the man you love.
This is one perfume that I would not want to waste for random people.
I want my husband to smell it, I want him to want to sniff my neck whenever I wear it.
I want my friends to ask me what the name of that gorgeous perfume is when there is a trace of it left on my scarf but I would not tell them.
I would say, I can't tell you what it is because it is discontinued and hard to find.
Then one of my friends would say, that makes sense but I could search for it on amazon or ebay.
And then I would say, hellooo, I don't want you to buy it because I want it... why do you think I am not telling you the name of the perfume?!?!?!
Notewise, I can really smell the peach, jasmine and a bit of vanilla but cannot single out the other notes.
This perfume smelled familiar, too, and it smelled similar to something I have used recently:
It smells similar to Oriflame Believe.
They are in the same family as Action would say.
If you love one, you'll love the other.

mjqueen
mjqueen

first spray of it is terrible and strong but the dry down is delightful and creamy not to mention classy and original real mature scent particularly compared to others playful young summer editions this is one of the older ive tried from escada luv the bottle i dont think i could buy it just because of that first harsh part but ill spray it in the shops if i see it just for that dry down

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

In my opinion, it is quite strong interpretation of Poeme Lancome.
Margaretha is definitely less sweet than Poeme, it is a serious oriental beauty.
Reminds me also original yellow Giorgio Beverly Hills.
Not suitable to be worn in Summer but it makes a perfect thick cashmere alike shawl for winter time.
Complex, classy, I would see it being worn by an elegant successful woman in her 40's.
I don't get much vanilla, peach or coconut on its own - the juice is blended in a way that single notes are not really detectable on their own.
Margaretha Ley is a complete contradiction to most other Escada fragrances which are playful, joyful, fresh, fruity and light.
I say: if fruity Escadas do not rock your boat, try Margaretha Ley which is totally different and stands out as an extremely elegant fragrance that I would dare to compare with Chanel creations.

driggs46
driggs46

This originally belonged to my daughter. When she moved to Europe she gave me her perfumes. I thought I would like it because we usually enjoy the same scents. However, try as I might, I just don't like it. I have gotten compliments, and been asked what I'm wearing, but I find it too overpowering. I have enjoyed these notes in other fragrances. I guess it's just the way they are combined in this one that really doesn't work for me.

gesch
gesch

If you're a hyacinth-lover - go for it. It's really really flowery with this creamy and sweet undernotes.
I myself really don't care for the hyacinth-note (eg in COLORS of Benetton women) - makes me uncomfortable and wishing for a tin of coffee to sink my nose in.
I'm end-twenties and have the slight hope that possibly I'm still not mature enough for this kind of scent.
The topnotes just made me think: Be strong, you can do it. But still felt they sucker-punched me...
After 20 min. of keeping my arm away(be careful not to put on too much) I can kind of enjoy the olfactory nuances - wouldn't think of wearing this - but to track down the notes (after the damn hyacinth is gone) is quite a treat.
There's even a quality of sharpness after the topnotes, that you don't smell in the usual perfumes of today.
Maybe my mother could be coerced to use up the trial-sice, she's all flowers right now, but even for her it might be too strong...

guest_Rebecca
guest_Rebecca

Escada is fantastic! Good for older generation. Too heavy man!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Way to 90's for me! I remember living in Houston TX and going though all the stores and smelling nothing but these kind of scents. This is way too sweet and overpowering!

allexa27
allexa27

This Escada and the other one with the red box from1990 are the same .They smell exactly the same!!!I think Margaretha Lei is the more intensive one between them.But no differences at all

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

Yeah !! I agree with Amanda :)
I got this perfume as a gift, but I can't wear it, it's too heavy for me.
I'm keepin' it anyway, may be I'll use it after few years though :)

amanda
amanda

its too much for me, its a heavy and overpowering sweet and spicy fragrance, but not bad in its type, i wouldnt wear it though, its for an older generation i guess

Natalia78
Natalia78

Nice and easy.And elegant above all.good for romantic dinner smells better on My Mom than myself, thou.

Escada Margaretha Ley by Escada 3.92 out of 5 based on 152 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Margaretha Ley fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada Margaretha Ley, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Margaretha Ley by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Margaretha Ley by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.