Designers » D E » Floral Green « Groups

Escada Sport Feeling Free Escada for women and men

Escada Sport  Feeling Free Escada for women and men
dislike

Escada Sport  Feeling Free Escada for women and men Pictures Escada Sport  Feeling Free Escada for women and men Pictures Escada Sport  Feeling Free Escada for women and men Pictures Escada Sport  Feeling Free Escada for women and men Pictures

The feeling of freedom is brought by the light – blue bottle of “Escada Sport” collection, designed by Thierry Lecoule DESIGN. The color of sky, spaciousness, freshness and freedom describes Feeling Free. The fragrance carries floral green notes, starting off with rose and myrrh, leaving a sweet – woody trail. The heart is spiced with Passion flower, and the base with hyacinth and sandalwood.

Lavender Passion Flower Bergamot

Freesia White Lily Hyacinth Rose

Sandalwood Amber Myrrh

Escada Sport Feeling Free Fragrance Reviews

I confess to steering clear of Escada these days, but I received a free sample of Sport Feeling Free along with an online order. It's unclear why I was sent this sample since the perfume is obviously discontinued and apparently not readily available. I suppose that either the emporium has a few bottles languishing in its warehouse, or else they just want to fulfill their stated promise to provide free samples with every order, so they just toss in n'importe quoi--whatever happens to be lying around. The sample vial itself is old, as evidenced by the short ingredients list:

SD Alcohol 39C, Fragrance, Water

To be honest, I came close to just throwing this sample vial away. First, it's made of plastic and obviously old. Second, the name induces a Pavlovian reflex of malaise after so many bad "sport fragrance" experiences in the past. I worried not without good reason that I'd be renaming this one "Feeling Ill." But then I mustered up the courage to apply the juice to my skin, knowing that on the horizon lies a bath, so even if it were very bad, I'd soon be able to escape from its hold on my nose.

In truth, it's not really bad. A lot of hyacinth going on here. The opening smacks vaguely of paint (not at all like citrus, as others have found), so I'm assuming that something happened to the liquid in this vial between 1996 and 2013. Of course, it might have been produced at any number of points along that time line, but it seems safe to say that the sample is at least a few years old.

By the drydown, I'd describe this as a dried grassy hyacinth scent. It definitely does not have the harsh chemical green which has been marring the floral green landscape of late. All in all, this was an okay olfactory experience, and served as a healthy counter to my fairly rigid anti-Escada prejudice.

Of course, different folks are running the show these days, so really all bets are off, since the manager who approved of the Sport Feeling Free composed by Jean-Pierre Béthouart way back in 1996 probably does not work there anymore. S/he might even be dead.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I received a free sample of this with a purchase and did not have high hopes. At first they were confirmed when this opened up with very sharp citrus, however it quickly mellowed down into green/hyacinth/honey fragrance that is unexpectedly pleasant. Huh. What a surprise. I like this :)

Oh, wait. Maybe I spoke too soon. About 30 minutes later the lime reappears, this time with lily in tow, to create a sour-sweetness that is just odd. There's something else hiding just underneath them that I can't name (maybe sandalwood/myrrh as the reviewer below noted?) that is adding its own funkiness to the mix. Ugh. Is this after sport but before shower? Not an olfactory moment in time I want to recreate artificially.

soulflwr
soulflwr

Decided to try this one on today because I wanted wear something very casual. It's smells ok, kind of like the fragrances they use to give female deodorants (ie Degree, Dove, Suave,ect..) that "shower fresh" scent. It's also, very light and doesn't last long.
I give it a solid B because it's very easy to wear.

------------

The day is over, and I decided to spray (a lot) more on and, now I understand the old man deodorant reference. I change my mind, it smells like that "shower fresh" deodorant scent AFTER the deodorant has been on for a while and is starting to wear off. I think it's the hyacinth/freesia/lily combination. Which are flowers I believe to be an acquired taste, also the sandalwood and myrrh accents give it an overall "Sorry folks, my deodorant has stopped working" accord.

I'm going to take back my B and give this one a D+ due to personal taste. Still think it could be worn well, by others...just not me!

paula68
paula68

one of my favorites!

Malegria
Malegria

I agree with Elitsa - at first a little too much and I was terrified how can anyone do sports, get sweaty and have THIS on their skin - but then it develops into a self assured, fresh and natural scent. I`d say it would be a very good choice who does not like erfume but likes to smell clean.

Nicky_PL
Nicky_PL

The description is absolutely true!
I used it long ago but I still remember its freeing power!
Feeling free is a clean and serene scent that used to give me a sense of eternal summer and cloudless life.
Objectively, the scent is pretty light and inoffensive. So it suits best hot summer vacation.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

it's very fresh and pure ...very nice

Elitsa
Elitsa

At first it smells like old man deo, it develops and i feel the myrrh with some sweetness in it, from the rose i suppose. It is fresh but there is something strong in it which fascinates.I would wear it in a hot summer evening; it reminds me of a desert may be because it 's a bit oriental. I like it but it' s a "special mood" fragrance

Escada Sport Feeling Free by Escada 3.81 out of 5 based on 63 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Escada Escada Sport Feeling Free fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Escada Escada Sport Feeling Free, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Escada Sport Feeling Free by Escada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Escada Sport Feeling Free by Escada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.